java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available

Hi!

As you'll notice I'm new to oracel :) I set up 9i r2 on a linux machine but
the attempt to connect to a database (java, jdbc) ends up with the
following:

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist
Linux Error: 2: No such file or directory

        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)
        at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java:289)
        at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.O3log.receive1st(O3log.java:407)
        at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.logon(TTC7Protocol.java:259)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:346)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.java:468)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:314)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:140)
        at
com.onseven.dbvis.wrapper.DriverManagerImpl.getConnection(DriverManagerImpl.java:40)
        at com.onseven.dbvis.sql.Database.doConnect(Unknown Source)
        at com.onseven.dbvis.sql.Database.access$000(Unknown Source)
        at com.onseven.dbvis.sql.Database$ConnectionCommand.execute(Unknown Source)
        at se.pureit.util.ThreadCommand.runExecute(Unknown Source)
        at se.pureit.util.ThreadCommand.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Well, I'm not quite sure whether oracle is up and running at all, at least
bin/dbstart did not solve the problem either.

Can somebody help? :-)

Thanks a lot :)
Timo
0
Timo
7/19/2003 1:57:30 PM
comp.databases.oracle.misc 8436 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 15:57:30 +0200, Timo Nentwig <tcn@spamgourmet.com>
wrote:

>Hi!
>
>As you'll notice I'm new to oracel :) I set up 9i r2 on a linux machine but
>the attempt to connect to a database (java, jdbc) ends up with the
>following:
>
>java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
>ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist
>Linux Error: 2: No such file or directory
>
>        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)
>        at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java:289)
>        at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.O3log.receive1st(O3log.java:407)
>        at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.logon(TTC7Protocol.java:259)
>        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:346)
>        at
>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.java:468)
>        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:314)
>        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
>        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:140)
>        at
>com.onseven.dbvis.wrapper.DriverManagerImpl.getConnection(DriverManagerImpl.java:40)
>        at com.onseven.dbvis.sql.Database.doConnect(Unknown Source)
>        at com.onseven.dbvis.sql.Database.access$000(Unknown Source)
>        at com.onseven.dbvis.sql.Database$ConnectionCommand.execute(Unknown Source)
>        at se.pureit.util.ThreadCommand.runExecute(Unknown Source)
>        at se.pureit.util.ThreadCommand.run(Unknown Source)
>
>Well, I'm not quite sure whether oracle is up and running at all, at least
>bin/dbstart did not solve the problem either.
>
>Can somebody help? :-)
>
>Thanks a lot :)
>Timo

Oracle is definitely not running. Please look into the alert log as to
the cause of error. The alert log is in the directory pointed to by
the background_dump_dest init.ora parameter.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address
0
Sybrand
7/19/2003 3:10:11 PM
Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> Oracle is definitely not running. Please look into the alert log as to

Yes. I noticed that I have to set autostart in /etc/oratab (?!). Afte doing
so dbstart complains about missing the DBs init.ora file. Well, why is this
file not created by the GUI assistant? So, I temporarily took the default
init.ora...

Ok, next thing to find out is how to create db users... ;)

Thanks!
Timo
0
Timo