Oracle 10g 10.0.2 client, to connect oracle 8 server

Dear Group members,

 I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and
8i

it is working very good with the 9i and 10g..
when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error

<b>  "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer
supported." </b>

Can i install, 2 or more  version of oracle clients in same system,
becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some
SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will
infect my software .. process..

if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before
installation ..

 What is the best oracle client software can suitable for most of the
server's

0
ranganadh
7/28/2008 4:58:07 AM
comp.databases.oracle.misc 8436 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On Jul 27, 11:58=A0pm, ranganadh <ranganadhkod...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Group members,
>
> =A0I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and
> 8i
>
> it is working very good with the 9i and 10g..
> when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error
>
> <b> =A0"ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer
> supported." </b>
>
> Can i install, 2 or more =A0version of oracle clients in same system,
> becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some
> SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will
> infect my software .. process..
>
> if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before
> installation ..
>
> =A0What is the best oracle client software can suitable for most of the
> server's

'8i' usually doesn't say much, but in this context it says plenty;
your '8i' database is 8.1.6 or earlier, and the 10.2 client won't
'talk' to any release earlier than 8.1.7.

You can try to upgrade your 8.1.6 database to 8.1.7 presuming you can
find the software, otherwise you'll need a 9i or 8.1.x client to
connect.

David Fitzjarrell
0
fitzjarrell

Web resources about - Oracle 10g 10.0.2 client, to connect oracle 8 server - comp.databases.oracle.misc

First Capital Connect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
( FCC ) is a British train operating company , owned by FirstGroup , operating the Thameslink Great Northern franchise . FCC operates passenger ...

Connect
mobile photography technology, culture and community www.dpreview.com News Reviews Features Phones Tablets Cameras Apps Forums Mobile photography ...

CloudCraze Connects Consumers To Facebook Brands Via Cloud Technology
Brands on Facebook are always looking for new, efficient ways to connect with customers . CloudCraze, which recently released its 3.0 e-commerce ...

Feature Request: 7 ways Apple Music Connect could be improved
... two years later . This year, alongside the announcement of the highly anticipated Apple Music streaming service , the company launched Connect, ...

Dating App Festar Connects Users Based on Mutual Interests, Not Looks
... release in Japanese, dating app Festar has launched in beta on Android in 13 countries in English and Korean. From AI Pacific , Festar connects ...

'People v. O.J. Simpson' connects dots from L.A. to Ferguson, Baltimore
The White Ford Bronco. The darkening of O.J. Simpson 's face on the cover of Time magazine. Attorney Johnnie Cochran holding up the blood-soaked ...

Morocco Connects First Unit of Giant Noor Solar Complex to Grid
The first phase of North Africa’s largest solar-power complex was connected to the grid in Morocco, with a generating capacity of 160 megawatts. ...

Qualcomm’s New LTE Gigabit Modem Will Make Phones Very Fast… If It Ever Gets A Network To Connect To
... powers the majority of Android phone brands, including Samsung, LG, Nokia, Motorola, and HTC handsets. They also have a reach into most connected ...

NYC mayor wants a streetcar to connect Brooklyn and Queens
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio is once again trying to make an impact on transportation but this time it's with streetcars, not taxi apps. ...

How to Immediately Connect With Anyone
Too many people succumb to the mistaken belief that connecting with people is an innate skill that belongs only to the lucky few