update database oracle 8.1.7 to oracle 9?

Hi

How I can change my database for Oracle 8.1.7. to Oracle 9.
Please help me. Thanks

Slawek
0
slawek
9/19/2006 5:35:45 PM
comp.databases.oracle.misc 8436 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

slawek wrote:
> Hi
>
> How I can change my database for Oracle 8.1.7. to Oracle 9.
> Please help me. Thanks
>

> Slawek

When you purchase the new version of Oracle it comes with an
installation and migration manual.  The details are in the manual.

Basically install new version to new home
Shutdown old database
Restart using new ORACLE_HOME
Run upgrade scripts

There is a migration utility that pretty much automates this but we
always perform the tasks manually.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --

0
Mark

 http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96530/toc.htm

--
Andy Hassall :: andy@andyh.co.uk :: http://www.andyh.co.uk
http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space :: disk and FTP usage analysis tool
> On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 19:35:45 +0200, slawek <yazoo@hacking.pl> wrote:
>
>>How I can change my database for Oracle 8.1.7. to Oracle 9.
>
> http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96530/toc.htm
>
> --
> Andy Hassall :: andy@andyh.co.uk :: http://www.andyh.co.uk
> http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space :: disk and FTP usage analysis tool

thanks for help,

0
slawek

Using Oracle Developer with Oracle 8.1.7 database
Hi. I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. Is it possible to connect to such an "old" database with the current versions or Oracle Developer Suite? Thank you, El DoDo march...@units.it wrote: > Hi. > > I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I > can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to > connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. > Is it possible to connect to su...

Patching Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 to Oracle 8.1.7.4.1
Hello, my configuration is Windows 2K Server SP4 and Oracle 8.1.7.0.0. Where can i find a patch to upgrade to Oracle 8.1.7.4.1 Many thanks for your attention -- Sitta many thanks!!!! Have a nice work "Rauf Sarwar" <rs_arwar@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1106137485.286119.307110@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > > Sitta Davide wrote: >> Hello, >> my configuration is >> >> Windows 2K Server SP4 and Oracle 8.1.7.0.0. >> >> Where can i find a patch to upgrade to Oracle 8.1.7.4.1 >> >> >> Many th...

Using Oracle 8.1.7 OCI JDBC Driver WIth Oracle 9i Database
Has anyone had any problems using the 8.1.7 OCI JDBC driver with a 9i database? Oracle states they are compatible at the following URL: http://otn.oracle.com/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/htdocs/jdbc_faq.htm#_1_ "Matt" <mdavey4@csc.com> wrote in message news:f2892d3a.0307241304.6295d05c@posting.google.com... > Has anyone had any problems using the 8.1.7 OCI JDBC driver with a 9i database? > > Oracle states they are compatible at the following URL: > http://otn.oracle.com/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/htdocs/jdbc_faq.htm#_1_ Any reason not to trust that statement? If ...

Oracle 8.1.7 32-Bit to Oracle 8.1.7 64-Bit
Hi I would much appreciate help We have a 150-200GB database on Oracle 8.1.7 which resides on a HP-UX 32-bit machine. We are upgrading the HP-UX machine to 64-Bit. Is the only way of extracting/inmporting the data via the exp/imp utitlity due to the change in bits? Is there any other way? Thanks Bob Bob wrote: > Hi I would much appreciate help > > We have a 150-200GB database on Oracle 8.1.7 which resides on a HP-UX > 32-bit machine. We are upgrading the HP-UX machine to 64-Bit. Hi, a) Do you want to upgrade Oracle-Software from 32bit to 64bit? On Solaris, I know 32bit ...

Using Oracle 8 binaries with an Oracle 9 database
Are there any known issues using Oracle 8 binaries with an Oracle 9 database? don't, bad idea. Jim "steveH" <sjharri@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:324e5dec.0311031243.6b07a00d@posting.google.com... > Are there any known issues using Oracle 8 binaries with an Oracle 9 database? ...

copy database from oracle 9 to 8.1.7
I am going to restore my PRD (8.1.7) to DEV (9). In my PRD, I have a full offline backup scheduled in db13 to a DDS-4 tape. With this tape, I am going to restore PRD to my DEV. 1) Remove all the DEV filesystems 2) Create the PRD filesystems 3) the command used to restore is "brrestore -b <coded_timestamp>.<fid> -m full". This file <coded_timestamp>.<fid> is tied to the same one with what is shown in the DB13 log. 4) This will restore the complete PRD system. Problem is that this restored system is a 8.1.7. But the one in DEV is 9 therefore the binary is di...

Need Oracle Patch for Oracle 8i (8.1.7) to make it to 8.1.7.4 WINDOWS Env.
Hi, I am a newbie here and looking for a patch which will convert 8.1.7 to 8.1.7.2 / 8.1.7.4 in a windows environment. I dont have a metalink account. If someone can help i'd appreciate it. Maybe some from the newsgroup knows how to get it. I need this for personal use (educational) Thanks. Regards RS Unfortunately the only way to get patches is through metalink and with a valid support contract. And you want to be running 8.1.7.4.13 on windows as a minimum. Regards, John On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 02:48:48 -0400, "RS" <rohitsinha@comcas...

How to install oracle 8.1.7 database on linux 9
Hi, I want to install oracle 8i database on linux 9 or 8.I am beginner regarding using Linux. Could some one send me the steps to perform the installation of oracle 8i on linux 9 or 8. thanks faraz Oracle 8i has been desupported almost a year from now. If you don't want to read the installation manual this should be able to help you out http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle9i.shtml (which you could have found by a little Googling) -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA Here on that forum I need information regarding installation of 8i on linux 9i. please inform me how should ...

Oracle Update 8.1.7.0.0 -> 8.1.7.4.1
I had to Update ORACLE 8.1.7.0.0 on a W2K Server ENGLISH (French Keyboard) to 8.1.7.4.1 Everything looks fine, the services were started - but in the Event Log I have a lot of errors of oradim.exe (.. can't read memory ..) and also when startin tools like sqlwplus.exe i get the same error. Any suggestions??? Please help me! Regards, Stephan buckenmaier@tka-presta.thyssenkrupp.com (Stephan@TKA-Presta) wrote in message news:<ba9d45ff.0401282332.127ac2f0@posting.google.com>... > I had to Update ORACLE 8.1.7.0.0 on a W2K Server ENGLISH (French > Keyboard) to 8.1.7.4.1 > Every...

ODMA_RBS Error while upgrade Oracle 8.1.7 to Oracle 9.2
Hi all, I am trying to upgrade Oracle 8.1.7 to Oracle 9.2 using database upgrade assistant and while doing that I am getting error at final Step 4 after clicking the Finish button error msg is "90MB of Free disk space not available at D:\ORACLE9\oradata\Datenbank to create the "ODMA_RBS" tablespace for rollback undo mode duting upgrade.Provide the required free disk space on the disk" Althoug there are 51 GB of disk space available. I don't know why is it giving this error! OS is Windows 2003. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance, Dirk Hmmm...Hard to say...Prove t...

Running ORACLE 8.1.7 & ORACLE 9.2 on the same UNIX server
Hi, I have recently installed ORACLE 9.2 Database on a UNIX server (2.8) which already has ORACLE 8.1.7. They have both a different SID and ORACLE_BASE. However I am having to use the ORACLE 8 listener for both ORACLE databases. Is it possible to run separate ORACLE 8 and ORACLE 9 listeners? Hello, There are no difficulty to use 2 listeners on the same machine. The point is that default listener used to listen on port 1521 (or 1526). You will have to change your listener configuration( netasst or by hand) in order to use a different port number, a different listener name...

Problem selecting Data with Object-Studio from Oracle-Database with Oracle-Client-Version 9.0.1 installed
Hi All! Here are my Details: While trying to Select Data from a Table in an Oracle-Database we encountered problems. We have to (!) use an Oracle 9.0.1 Client on Windows XP Pro! We start an unchanged Object-Studio 6.8. From the "Load Application"-Dialog we choose "Oracle 9.2". In an Object-Studio-Workspace we execute the following Code: | mydb result | mydb := OracleDatabase logOnServer: #MYORACLE user: #SCOTT password: #TIGER alias: #MYORACLE. "mydb inspect." "(OracleDatabase accessName: #MYORACLE) inspect." "(mydb active) inspec...

Connecting to Oracle 8.0.4 Database using 8.1.7 client
I am installing an SAP application server, and would like it to be as clean as possible. Is it possible to use Oracle 8.1.7 client software to communicate with an 8.0.4 database on the SAP Central and Database instance. TIA Chris Kernaghan aka BoobBoo On 7 Jan 2003 04:41:39 -0800, chris_kernaghan@hotmail.com (Chris) wrote: >I am installing an SAP application server, and would like it to be as >clean as possible. > >Is it possible to use Oracle 8.1.7 client software to communicate with >an 8.0.4 database on the SAP Central and Database instance. > >TIA > >Chri...

Is Oracle 8.1.7 database obselete?
Hi, Is Oracle 8.1.7 obselete? There are companies usiung oracle 8.1.7 as a database.What should they do regarding that. Are they continue using 8.1.7 or theu upgrade to newer version. Lee On 15 Oct 2005 22:50:23 -0700, "Lee" <pklalee@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Is Oracle 8.1.7 obselete? >There are companies usiung oracle 8.1.7 as a database.What should they >do regarding that. Are they continue using 8.1.7 or theu upgrade to >newer version. > >Lee Since Oracle 8i there have been 2 new major releases: Oracle 9i and Oracle 10G. The terminal release of Oracle 9i is Oracle 9.2. Oracle 8i has been desupported on December 31, 2004. If they have no compelling reasons not to upgrade (ie their 3rd party vendor still doesn't support Oracle 9i, more than 2 years after it's release, or Oracle 10g), they should upgrade. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 22:50:23 -0700, Lee interested us by writing: > Hi, > > Is Oracle 8.1.7 obselete? Yes. > There are companies usiung oracle 8.1.7 as a database.What should they > do regarding that. Are they continue using 8.1.7 or theu upgrade to > newer version. Depends. If they want to have support from Oracle, they upgrade as soon as possible. If they don't care about support, they may stay with the old version. Then they ask their questions here and get told they should upgrade. Then they ge...

Connecting to Oracle 8.0.4 Database using 8.1.7 client software
I am installing an SAP application server, and would like it to be as clean as possible. Is it possible to use Oracle 8.1.7 client software to communicate with an 8.0.4 database on the SAP Central and Database instance. TIA Chris Kernaghan ...

US-VA: McLean-Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator - RAC
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator - RAC - Oracle Job Location: VA: McLean Pay Rate: competitive Job Length: full time Start Date: 2010-11-19 Company Name: Cybercoders Contact: Shea Stone Phone: ...

US-DC: Washington-Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator - Oracle 11g... Job Location: DC: Washington Pay Rate: competitive Job Length: full time Start Date: 2010-11-19 Company Name: Cybercoders Contact: Shea Stone Pho...

Connectivity Between two saperate Database (oracle 8 and oracle 9i)
Dear Sir, We Would like to migrate to oracle 9i from oracle 8. Presently We are on oracle 8 (live) . Can anyone suggest a way by which we can phase out the migration process. We intend to migrate User-wise. We have aprx 10 live users.(e.g. finance, payroll, production etc..). My problem is inter-connectivity between diff. users. like 'Payroll' select/update rows in 'Finance'. If I migrate Finance from oracle 8 to Oracle 9i How to ensure that these select/update does not fail. Kishan Thakker kishanthakker@gmail.com wrote: > Dear Sir, > > We Would like to migrate to oracle 9i from oracle 8. Presently We are > on oracle 8 (live) . Can anyone suggest a way by which we can phase out > the migration process. We intend to migrate User-wise. We have aprx 10 > live users.(e.g. finance, payroll, production etc..). My problem is > inter-connectivity between diff. users. like 'Payroll' select/update > rows in 'Finance'. If I migrate Finance from oracle 8 to Oracle 9i How > to ensure that these select/update does not fail. > > Kishan Thakker How much data? Which version of 9i? Which version of 8? How much downtime is possible? -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org ...

is OCI API for accessing Oracle database, and Oracle RAC (database cluster) same or different?
Hi, My application uses OCI to access Oracle database. Now, I came to know about the Oracle RAC failover kind of configuration. Is OCI API for accessing an Oracle cluster is same or different? Is my existing application works well with a cluster (taking the advantage of failover) or do I need to do any changes in my application? Thanks in advance, Ramakrishna. On 14 Jun 2006 23:41:29 -0700, "RamaKrishna Narla" <rknarla@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >My application uses OCI to access Oracle database. >Now, I came to know about the Oracle RAC failover kind of >configuration. Is OCI API for accessing an Oracle cluster is same or >different? Is my existing application works well with a cluster (taking >the advantage of failover) or do I need to do any changes in my >application? > >Thanks in advance, >Ramakrishna. It makes no difference, unless the instance parameters are different. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Sybrand Bakker wrote: > > It makes no difference, unless the instance parameters are different. > > -- > Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Hi Sybrand, Thanks for giving reply on this. Can you please elaborate your response. Is Instance parameters mean Global Database Name, user name and password? Thanks, Ramakrishna. On 15 Jun 2006 01:37:28 -0700, "RamaKrishna Narla" <rknarla@gmail.com> wrote: > >Sybrand Bakker wrote...

help:How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7
How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 1-what scripts are to be used 2-Where i can find these scripts. Thnks. You can't. You can use lower version export to export higher version database. The other way around has never been possible. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA You probably have Oracle 9.2.0.1 running somewhere right, perhaps on another machine ? Set your ORACLE_HOME to 9.2.0.1 then export through sqlnet: exp username/pwd @9207instance Now you'll use the 9.2.0.1 export utility; this should work. "shahsyed" <shahsyed@gmail.co...

Problem with ODBC-Access to Oracle 8.1.7 Database
Hi, we use ORACLE 8.1.7.0.0 Database on Linux-Server. The clients access to the database via ODBC. There are 2 clients W2K SP4. With ODBC-driver 8.1.7.0.0 both clients could access to the database but had problems with large cursors. Now we have updatet the ODBC-Driver to version 8.1.7.8.0 and only 1 client can access the server in the way we did it before. With the other client we have to write the schema-name and the tablename in uppercase to get access while this has no matter with the first client or a NT SP6-client. Has anybody any idea which property causes this behavior and how to solv...

Access to Oracle database 8.1.7 via ODBC
Hye, I have this error message on a Windows 2000 server with IIS5 and an ASP page : Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' Driver can't be loaded, system error 126 I upgrade MDAC, but nothing is better. Where is the problem exactly ???????? Thanks for your help. "Yo Man" <yo@man.fr> wrote: >Hye, > >I have this error message on a Windows 2000 server with IIS5 and an ASP page >: >Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' >Driver can't be loaded, system error 126 > > >I upgrade MDAC, ...

install oracle 8.1.7 and developer 6i under same oracle home.
Hello EveryBody, I had installed Oracle client 8.1.7. Now I want to install Developer 6i under the Oracle 8.1.7 home. When I tried to install this , it was giving message "the location specified, D:\<path> is already in use as an Oracle Home for 'Oracle 816 Production'. It cannot be used as an Oracle Home for 'nt'" Please anybody can help me how to do this. Thanks and Regards, Vikas Rijhwani Anno Domini 14-3-2005 13:15, vikas.rijhwani@gmail.com sprak aldus: >Hello EveryBody, > >I had installed Oracle client 8.1.7. Now I want to install Developer >6i under the Oracle 8.1.7 home. When I tried to install this , it was >giving message >"the location specified, D:\<path> is already >in use as an Oracle Home for 'Oracle 816 Production'. It cannot be >used as >an Oracle Home for 'nt'" > >Please anybody can help me how to do this. > >Thanks and Regards, >Vikas Rijhwani > > select another Oracle home? ...