XML DB Query Help

Hello,

    I would like to execute a query on some items stored in my Oracle
XML DB that returns the name of the document which matches my query
criteria.  Say for instance I want to query an xml document that
conforms to a registered schema who's "name" node equals "test".  I
have been able to create some XQueries that do this, but I just get
back a document and not the name of the the document that this
information is stored in.  I think I am barking up the wrong tree with
the XQuery, but it is not obvious to me where I should turn.  I don't
see a way to query a document that I find in the RESOURCE_VIEW or
PATH_VIEW.  I hope that makes sense, and any help would be greatly
appretiated.

Thanks,
Dustin

0
dustin
5/23/2006 11:35:11 PM
comp.databases.oracle.misc 8436 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

ANN: Build XML Schemas For Oracle XML DB
[announce] Dear Oracle Database Developers, Stylus Studio 5 Home Edition is now available. The new, low-priced version of our award-winning XML IDE is specifically designed for learning or working with XML in educational, training, or home settings, and is available now for only $49 (USD) for a single-user license. The latest addition to the Stylus Studio family of XML productivity tools offers substantially more XML development features compared to other low-cost XML tools, including: * XML Editor - Full support for intelligent XML editing (Sense:X); text, tree, and schema XML ed...

Installing Oracle XML DB ro Oracle 9.2 on HP
Hi All, I am suddenly in a position where I need to learn to be my own Oralce DBA. I have limited experience with Oracle and haven't ever performed an install on my own. Recently someone installed Oracle 9.2 on an HP for me to use. He choose the "Software Only" option on the 9i Database Configuration Screen during install. So that it only installed the software and did not create a database. I am now trying to do somethings with Oracle XML DB but don't think it was installed . . . I tried several things to see if it was installed, such as: "select XDBUriType('/xdbconfig.xml').getXML() from dual /" AND "select object_name from dba_objects where owner = 'XDB'" each of which returned "no rows selected" So I am assuming that the XML DB stuff didn't get installed . . . I have been looking through the Oracle 9i Installation Guide and the OTN website but can't find any clues about how to install it . . . Does anyone have advice for me????? Thanks! Diana Well I figured this out so thought I would put the info out here in case anyone else has the same problem. There is info on how to install XML DB without DBCA and how to re-install XML DB at: http://www.cise.ufl.edu/help/database/oracle-docs/appdev.920/a96620/appaman.htm#640595. Very complete detailed info there. dlzapalac@yahoo.com (Diana) wrote in message news:<f48d36c1.0407061611.7abb6c12@posting.goog...

Xml query in Oracle: stored proc (apparently) killing the Oracle server
Hello everyone, We are using Oracle as a database, and have started to develop a website in .net designed to present data leveraged from Oracle to users. At one point, we have to get a bunch of indicators regarding the current status of a user advancement. We decided, since that data may be used on many platforms (user interface, website, project leader) to expose that data as xml coming from a webservice. So far so good. We wrote the first draft of a stored proc in Oracle that would bring back the data as a hierarchical xml, neatly organized in relevant sections. Here is the first draft of ...

Can Oracle XML DB Repository and Oracle reside on different server.
Can we store XML DB Repository on different machine which will be trated as document server and Oracle on the seperate machine will access this repository using mapped drive path. ...

DataBase query to XML
Hello, I'm trying to create a java application which can interrogate a database (SQL Server 2000 for now) and save the results in an XML file. If anyone could point me in the right direction or even better give me a few examples, I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance, Allan Martin ...

help searching for oracles and Oracles and ORACLES
Hello Mark D Powell, Robert Klemme, Michael O'Shea, David FitzJarrell and thank you for your help before. I have a table called "table2" that has the following in it id1 Description 1 oracle oracle oracle oracle 2 oracle school oracle school school school 6 the school the party the oracle How can I get SQL to get rows with Oracle or oracle (first letter is upcase) or ORACLE My SQL is select * from table2 where description like '%oracle%' or description like '%Oracle' or description like '%ORACLE%' In access '%oracle%' works in upcase or lower case but in Oracle I have to keep testing for all cases. The word might be oRaCLe but I don't want to write them all. How can I do this Thank you Jon Hi Jon, I would suggest the following: select * from table2 where instr(lower(description),'oracle') > 0; lower will make all the characters in the description field lowercase so you only need to test for lower case characters. instr will return > 0 if it finds any occurance of the word 'oracle' Hope this helps, C On Feb 18, 3:44=A0pm, jharbo...@googlemail.com wrote: > Hello Mark D Powell, Robert Klemme, Michael O'Shea, David FitzJarrell > and thank you for your help before. > > I have a table called "table2" that has the following in it > > id1 =A0 =A0 =A0Description > =A01 =A0 =A0...

Oracle XML DB
Note: parts of this message were removed by the gateway to make it a legal Usenet post. Dear all, Has anyone used Oracle XML DB with ruby? Any experiences to share? Thanks. Greetings, JS ...

Oracle Query Help
Dear Oracle Sponge, I am using Raptor to query an Oracle database. here is an example DB CODE Instances Day 100 27 Aug 18 101 30 Aug 18 102 10101 Aug 18 100 45 Aug 18 100 85 Aug 18 100 780 Aug 19 101 45 Aug 19 I want to run a query that gets a single row that sums the instances field for only Code 100 from Aug 18th through Aug 19th. The...

Help Help Help Help Help
please,help us . we have a seious problem, we are designing a radio controlled car that is guided by the PC, to send the data wireless between the PC and the Car and vice versa. we use 2 transmitter/reciever circuits from 2 seperate radio controlled car each running with a different frequency (27 MHz & 40 MHz)and modify the functionality of each to do the disered work. but on mounting a transmitter(40MHz) and reciever(27MHz) on the car, and attach another transmitter(27MHz) and reciever(40MHz) to the PC; we found that on sending signals from the car to the PC on the transmitter & rec...

Help on a query of a query
I am working on generating report from a database that has been migrated to Oracle from 4D and they used packed fields in 4D to store the data instead of recursively calling the same table multiple times(upto 25). The issue I have run into is if I break out the packed fields I get a set of columns and I need to search through all of these columns with the results of another query that tells me if a piece of data is active or not. This table is used for all actions within the system and I have no way of knowing if these linked codes contain inactive actions. This system has been in-use for several years and no-one has ever looked to cleaned up the inactive codes in scripts, they have inactivated codes without regard causing weird errors that the users learned to ignore. As it stands I have 2 queries: select idcode from items where active=0 and type = 1 And select idcode from items where instr( substr( script, instr(script,'\',1,9)+1, instr(script,'\',1,10)-instr(script,'\',1,9)-1 )||','|| substr( script, instr(script,'\',1,32)+1, instr(script,'\',1,33)-instr(script,'\',1,32)-1 )||','|| substr( script, instr(script,'\',1,55)+1, instr(script,'\',1,56)-instr(script,'\',1,55)-1 )||','|| substr( script, instr(script,'\',1,78)+1, instr(script,'\',1,79)-instr(script,'\',1,78)-1 ),...

help!help!help!help!
I am a student.I am going to make a simulation of a robot (FANUC Robot M-16iB) under the matlab\simulink environment . It is a normal 6DOF robot.I want to realize any angle and any speed (under the max speed) and any position and orientation control. As I just starting to do this new field,I have no experience about it. Can you give me some simulation demo or examples for 6DOF robot? I am very eager to get these.Please write back to me as soon as possible,thank you! Sincerely, Connie&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288; zhanglijuan920@sohu.c...

XML Database in delphi Query?????
Hi, i have a XML Database in delphi using a module and a ClienDataSet and a DataSource, saving the dataPacked XML in a file. I am using the Database and i want to do a query or a simple searc of a field or data on the DataBase Who i can do that? ...

Help on Berkeley DB Database
Hi all, I have started using Berkeley DB and use it in a Hash mode. The problem I see quite often is when deleting a record using dbp->del command, I get a error which says "Not owner" Any ideas on where I need to look for? The delete succeeds sometimes so it is not a file permisison issue. I can also write to the database just fine. I run this on Solaris 2.8 and use the latest version of Berkeley DB. All of my activity is immediately sync'd to the disk. I tried using DB_ENV->set_errfile to get more verbose error, but nothing is returned to the ...

View with a query to an oracle database
Hi, In our environment a database view is based on columns in a table from an oracle database. This is a linked server I believe. I am told that since we use this construction no where clause is possible. So we get to many rows in our database which we have to filter later on. How can we do this differently ?? Since it takes a lot of time to go through this process. Bye, Arno de Jong, The Netherlands. On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 09:15:56 +0100, "A.M. de Jong" <arnojo@wxs.nl> wrote: >Hi, > >In our environment a database view is based on columns in a table from an >o...

Oracle Query Help #2
Dear Oracle Usenets, I am using Raptor to query an Oracle database. here is an example DB CODE Instances Day 100 27 Aug 18 101 30 Aug 18 102 10101 Aug 18 100 45 Aug 18 100 85 Aug 18 100 780 Aug 19 101 45 Aug 19 I want to run a query that gets a single row that sums the instances field for only Code 100 from Aug 18th through Aug 19th. Th...

ORACLE SQL QUERY Help!!!
Hi, I am new to oracle plsql thing. I have one table X like this. I want to get X amount of rows UNDER each group. type name value ---------- ---------- ---------- 1 a 1 1 a 2 1 a 3 1 b 4 1 b 4 1 b 4 1 b 3 1 b 3 1 b 2 1 b 5 1 c 3 1 c 5 1 c 6 1 c 7 1 c 7 1 d 1 1 d 2 2 e 1 2 e 2 2 e 2 2 e 3 2 f 23 2 f 3 2 f 4 2 f 2 2 g 4 2 g 2 I tried this: select type,name,count(name),avg(value) from x group by type,name having count(name) > 3 order by count(name) And the result is type name count(name) avg(value) ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- 1 b 6 3.57 1 c 5 5.6 1 a 3 2 2 e 4 2 2 f 4 8 The result is ok but my problem is : I WANT TO SEE ONLY 2 ROWS UNDER EACH TYPE. I try to do something with ROWNUM , but its X number of giving the rows begining from the top. but i want to see only 2rows undeR THE GROUP OF type. PRINTOUT I WANT TO GET IS THIS: type name count(name) avg(value) ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- 1 b 6 3.57 1 c 5 5.6 2 e 4 2 2 f 4 8 CRITERIA: TOP 2 NAME UNDER EACH GROUP(TYPE) WHO HAS COUNT(NAME) >2 iF YOU CAN HELP ME I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE. <yilmaz.celik@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 1150503662....

[DB XML] Query with namespaces
Hello, the issue is that when I make the query the objects returned are 0. The registries are like this: <Invoice xmlns:ext="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:CommonExtensionComponents-2" xmlns:cac="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:CommonAggregateComponents-2" xmlns:udt="urn:un:unece:uncefact:data:specification:Unqualifi edDataTypesSchemaModule:2" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema- instance" xmlns:ccts="urn:un:unece:uncefact:documentation:2" xmlns:qdt="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:sch...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

access database query HELP!
Trying to set up an admin page for an online training registration page. I am having trouble with a sql statement. Here is the info on the tables. I have two tables: classPerson and reglist classPerson - has two fields: idr, idc *idr = id number for a person idc = id number for a class being offered that they have signed up for reglist - has two fields (actually has more, but to simplify I am only mentioning two of the fields): idr, lname *idr = id number for a person lname = last name of the person * denotes there is a relationship between them I have two asp pages. enrollmentlist.asp an...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Oracle JDBC connect problems-ojdbc6.jar using Native Java commands OK from Matlab,but database toolbox not working -pls help with database toolbox configuration
Hi, I am having some trouble using oracle and jdbc drivers. When I use the native java commands it works from Matlab and I can connect to a database, here is how I do this: javaaddpath('T:\tmp\ojdbc6.jar') aa = oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource() aa.setDriverType('thin') aa.setNetworkProtocol('tcp') aa.setDatabaseName('TESTDB') aa.setServerName('192.0.0.1') aa.setPortNumber(1521) aa.setUser('testuser') aa.setPassword('testpassword') aa.setServiceName('TESTING') conn = aa.getConnection() stmt = conn.createState...

Help with Querying XML Document
Hello All, The xml document below describes the contents of a folder in a Document Managment System. I need to retrieve the DocId for the most recently added (<Add_Date>) spreadsheet file(<name> ends with ".XLS"). As a newbie to XML, XSL and XPATH, I wanted to bounce some ideas off the more experienced folks in this group. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <FolderDetails xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://tempuri.org/"> <D...

Oracle 9i query results differ from Oracle 8i! Is Oracle 9i reliable when using complex queries with analytic functions? This is very serious question!
Hi, all! FOREWORD ======== We develop document management system (in other words, docflow) and most of our clients have Oracle 8i. But time is going on and the part of clients with Oracle 9i is growing rapidly. So we decided to upgrade our primary development and test database to Oracle 9.2.0.5 EE/SE. Recently we discovered that results some of our complex report differ from the results in 8i. The report query is rather complicated. It has several nested inline views, rollup and many joins. It took me some time to create a simplified test for reproducing the problem. So here i...

Berkeley DB XML vs 4suite for fast searching in XML DB?
Storing XML in relational database with indexing feature is exactly what I need. But 4suite is mentioned from time to time and seemingly holding better support for python. I have no idea if 4 suite has provide strong support for random access or relatively random access for XML database and with indexing features, to support fast search. Who could compare the efficiency different between the two? Last time I tried, BDB XML's Python extension crashed and I did not try too hard to figure out why and switched to something else that did not (eXist). BDB has been marketed for long as a fast ...

Web resources about - XML DB Query Help - comp.databases.oracle.misc

Query - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Qubole Debuts Presto-As-A-Service, Based On Facebook-Created Open-Source Interactive Query System
Facebook announced last November that it would open-source interactive query system Presto , and now cloud big data platform provider Qubole ...

faroo_p2p: FAROO Search: Spelling correction, Query completion and Instant search http://t.co/TgHECDe5 ...
faroo_p2p: FAROO Search: Spelling correction, Query completion and Instant search http://t.

Query Strings - Quora
Quora is your best source for knowledge.

A Query A Quest A Quotation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
One of a series of library education posters designed by Peabody Visual Aids in the 1930s and 1940s, which I salvaged from a throw-away pile ...

US to query China on passport maps
The US will raise concerns with China over a new map in Chinese passports which details claims to disputed maritime territory.

Australia to query Chinese government over South China Sea claims
Foreign Minister Julie Bishop to issue a &quot;please explain&quot; to Beijing over its island-building program in the South China Sea, amid ...

Passenger 'absolutely humiliated' by Jetstar pregnancy query
Passenger 'absolutely humiliated' by Jetstar pregnancy query

Photos query over student who died in 40m cliff fall
Police are investigating whether a French student who plunged 40 metres off a cliff in the Royal National Park was taking or posing for photographs ...

'Pies query Cloke frees after AFL loss
Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley stresses Travis Cloke's lopsided free-kick count was not the No.1 issue after they lost to Richmond by five ...