11g setting max_dump_file_size in another session

Hi,

I have a useful pl/sql script that facilitated the tracing of other
users sessions. Bascially it checked the session was connected, asked
what type of trace was required, set the max dumpfile size and started
the trace. Since upgrading to 11g this is no longer such a useful
script as the call I was using to dbms_system fails to set the max
dumpfile size.

sys.dbms_system.set_int_param_in_session
(v_session.sid,v_session.serial#,'max_dump_file_size',2147483647);

It doesn't error, just doesn't have any effect.

Has anybody got any suggestions as to how I can set this for another
session from pl/sql? Oradebug is the only method I have found that
works, but you can't call that from pl/sql, and I'd rather not re-
write the script as a shell script.

Cheers

Ralph
comp.databases.oracle.server 21854 articles. 10 followers. Post Follow

setting defaultFigurePaperPosition
Hi, I'm trying to change the default paper position such that if I open a plot, go to "Page setup..." and look at the settings under "Manual Size and Position" I see: 2.65, 4.17, 3.2, and 2.66. So at the command window I type: set(0,'defaultFigurePaperPosition',[2.65 4.17 3.2 2.66]) And when I go back to the Page Setup window... no change! This issue has greatly accelerated my hair loss and any help would be appreciated (w.r.t. MATLAB). Thanks, Mike PS - The reason why I'm doing this is I want to be able to export publishable figures ...

[OT] Yet another Windows nasty
Yet another Windoze nasty was installed, completely bypassing and unrecognised by the running and fully updated (and worthless) Avast! This time it was called "MSEndpoint.exe", and again only UnhackMe found it. X-( I have no idea what this nasty does (nor do I care), but the only way I knew it was there was because the dial-up modems lights showed it was busy receiving when it should not have been doing anything. Anyone using a fast Internet connection and/or having no visual indication of data traffic would never have known. Long live the Mac!! If Apple ever went bankr...

[News] Another School Migrates to GNU/Linux with Great Success

?Command line set up of monitor?
Hi: I have a problem with a new monitor. Knoppix gets the settings right, but Mandrake 10.1 doesn't. Is there a way of changing the settings in the command line? I have read the usual books which are silent on the subject. TIA. Hugh -- Hugh Newbury Running Mandrake 10.1 in deepest Dorset On Sun, 22 May 2005 08:33:15 +0100, Hugh Newbury staggered into the Black Sun and said: > I have a problem with a new monitor. Knoppix gets the settings right, > but Mandrake 10.1 doesn't. Is there a way of changing the settings > [for X] in the command line? Knoppix may be using the V...

Setting the title?
Once upon a time, I had an "xtitle" program that would set the title bar of an XTerm window, and I thought I had modified it so that if I was on a vt-kerm ( a name I made up, copied from vt220 ), it would send a couple of echoed escape strings to set the title of a K95 window. Somewhere, the Kermit part got lost. I have an xtitle that works for Xterm, and I have a script from Keith Peterson that sets MSDOS time, but I can't seem to blend those two. If I alt-x, I can set terminal text-string but from the connected unix window, if I echo '\033_set terminal apc...

Open a window upon closing another
Hello, I have a system whereby I'd like users to log off, however, some people simply close the window. Can anyone tell me how to call my 'log off' page when the main window is closed? Much appreciated for any help or ideas, Gram On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 14:22:36 +0100, Gram <gram3000@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a system whereby I'd like users to log off, however, some people > simply close the window. > > Can anyone tell me how to call my 'log off' page when the main window is > closed? Please read the FAQ. <URL:http://jibbering.com/faq...

Two sets of Axis on one graph
Hi, I want to draw Two plots on one graph with the same X axis for each of them, but with different y axis. So, It would be one plt would have it's y axis on the left, the other on the right (in a different colour). I have looked at the subplot command but it looks like it only creates entirely seperate sets of axis. Can anyone help? Nick D (Xgkkp@hotmail.com) wrote: : Hi, : I want to draw Two plots on one graph with the same X axis for each : of them, but with different y axis. : So, It would be one plt would have it's y axis on the left, the other : on th...

Globally setting keyboard layout ?
Hi, Is there a way to set the keyboard layout (like it is possible in KDE) globally so I get the same layout (french Canadian) whichever WM I use ? Otherwise, I am stuck in KDE... Thanks. -- _/_/_/_/_/ LIBRANET _/_/_/_/_/ ---------Debian at its best!--------------- http://www.libranet.com/desktop.html _/_/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/_/ ...

11g or not to 11g ?
Hello, we are currently in a project for setting up a new production environment, based on EMC documentum and as backend oracle. What are pros and cons for using the 11g ? Do you have any experiences, good as bad, with the new release of oracle ? Thanks for your opinion. Regards Frank Frank Zimmer wrote: > Hello, > > we are currently in a project for setting up a new production > environment, based on EMC documentum and as backend oracle. > > What are pros and cons for using the 11g ? > > Do you have any experiences, good as bad, with the new release of orac...

help setting a home network
Hello, I want to set up a router that connects to a cable modem and services a private lan. I've got most things figured out, except one: The dns configuration on the private lan. The router gets its dns from the cable modem (through dhcp). But how can i propogate this to the machines on the lan? The router is also a dhcp server, and I know I can put the domain-name-servers option in dhcpd.conf. However, this means the IPs will be static, and my ISP changes them sometimes. So I want either to have the dhcp server pickup the IPs dynamically somehow, or have the machines on the lan do it. ...

Envelope setting problems
To anyone out there I am having trouble setting the envelope size to invitation envelope size, ie: 4 3/8" x 5 3/4". If anyone knows what to do, please respond asap. darkstar ...

More questions re. setting up NIS+...
Hi, I have some questions re. the NIS+ FAQ at: http://www.eng.auburn.edu/users/rayh/solaris/NIS+_FAQ.html#3.2 Questions: 1) It says (for example) to copy /etc to /var/tmp/nisfiles. Should I copy just the files in /etc itself, of also any subdirectories of /etc, e.g., /etc/default, etc.? 2) It also talks about editing the files in /var/tmp/nisfiles. What are the 'typical' edits that should be done. 3) It mentions "for example, you only need the entries for the normal users in the NIS+ passwd table". What is meant by "normal" users? Does this mean that "...

Another Time Machine question
I'm using a Seagate external drive for my TM backups which works fine. But what do I do when that drive gets full? Can I possibly burn it to a DVD or some other option. I've been looking through stuff and can't seem to find what to do. I mean, the external drive itself should be burnt somewhere as the drive isn't indestructible by any stretch of the imagination... -- Cheers! Dennis Remove 'Elle-Kabong' to reply In article <140320111328364532%nospam@nospam.invalid>, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote: > In article <0001HW.C9A3A6550...

Arrrrgh! Another module broken
I just found another module that broke when I went to 2.6. Gnuplot. Apparently one of its routines has a parameter named "with." That used to be okay, and now it's not. Once I get everything to work under 2.6, I am using it forever or until new releases no longer break working code, whichever comes first. On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Jive Dadson <notontheweb@noisp.com> wrote: > I just found another module that broke when I went to 2.6. =C2=A0Gnuplot. > Apparently one of its routines has a parameter named "with." =C2=A0That u= sed to > be okay, ...

Welcome or Not, Cell Phones Set for Subway
By Ellen Wulfhorst One of life's ironic oases of solitude -- the peace people find amid the roar of a New York City subway -- could soon be gone. As New York plans to make cell phones work in subway stations, experts say Americans eventually could be connected everywhere, underground or in the air. "It's technically feasible, both for airplanes and subways," said James Katz, director of the Center for Mobile Communication Studies at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey. "It's the social aspect that's really the most intractable." ...

anyone seen my settings around?
.....because they seem to have done a runner. pmail (4.3.1) has been running fine for longer than I remember - but today, I got a message telling me a lower version had been run (no way!) and now I see panes tiled 3-to-a-window (used to be separate windows), and it's lost other settings too - smtp and pop servers for example (although it remembers a correct list of servers, it's forgotten which it should actually be using). Fortunately no mail lost, and the servers list easily restored. Oh, and I also have a message in an unnamed folder, from "pegasus mail tec...

Minicom setting
I'm using minicom as a serial console. I used minicom without any complaint. But I can't scroll up a few (below 100 lines), so I couldn't see someting important console log happened before. What option should I set in minicom ? ...

OT: Humor
Ray - I have had Mercedes for a long time and can say that their hood ornament is spring loaded and designed to deflect or break if it hits something. However sitting near the front of the hood I'd have to think that if a person is on the hood he has more problems than just a hood ornament ;-) MB sedans have always had the ornament - most coupes at least in recent years don't - as with the SLs. Bill **** Ray from WI Writ: OT: Humor - Another pathetic law Auto manufactures in Europe will have to remove hood ornaments over = concerns about pedestrian injuries wh...

Question about setting up the service in xinetd
Dear all, I am a beginner in linux world. Recently I want to setup a telnet daemon for other computer to telnet. But I don't know how to configure with it. I know that the linux uses the xinetd. When I enter into the directory /etc/xinetd.d/ there is no file called telnet. So is it I have to create one and specify the telnet service. Can anyone help me how to create the content of this file. I only know something like service telnet{ ..... ..... } Can anyone help me with this? I also want to ask how can I get the documentation on setting the service in xi...

Another Win for GNU/Linux Celebrated by the OSI

802.11g
Hi, Are either of these cards 802.11g suitable for use with FreeBSD? Belkin 54g Wireless Desktop Network Card (F5D7000) 3Com 11a/b/g Wireless PCI Adapter (3CRDAG675) These two cards are both available locally, and otherwise there doesn't seem to be a lot of choice for 802.11g cards right now. The Belkin card does not implement the final 802.11g standard, and seems to require a software driver to support it, so the 3Com card is probably a better option, but is it supported? Also, one 3Com card is listed in the hardware list, nothing from Belkin seems to be. Thanks, ...

Re: libref for "work" data sets (one level name): WORK vs USER vs User= option #5
Don, If you run, LibName user "C:\temp\" ; %let user = %sysFunc( getOption( user , keyword ) ) ; %put &user ; Data test ; x = "test" ; Run ; Proc contents data=test ; Run ; %let user = %sysFunc( getOption( user , keyword ) ) ; %put &user ; your TEST dataset will be written to the USER library rather than the WORK library even though the USER system option is not set. I think Tammie wants to capture this, too. Ed Edward Heaton, SAS Senior Systems Analyst, Westat (An Employee-Own...

Activating another keys binding
Greetings Perl/Tk-ers, Is there a good way to activate the bindings of on button ("Return") from another ("KP_Enter")? Is there some magic in the binding of '<Return>'? With a few widgets (Entry, Text, Optionmenu) we have been getting behavior from '<Return>' that we cannot seem to replicate in '<KP_Enter>'. I hope this isn't another "Captain Obvious" sort of question, and I will be thankful for any help you can provide. Thanks, Troy Johnson -++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**=...

Setting ICMP Rules
Can blocking all ICMP request by the FW cause problems on the TCP/IP connection? I have been having this issue with connecting to the ISP's news group server fro awhile. Where as, I get connection TCP/IP connection has been dropped by the server messages. After talking with the ISP Tech Support guru, he indicates that either the AV or FW is causing this issue. When it does happen, I cannot even ping netnews.insightbb.com or any other site. I get the timeouts and it will not clear until I reboot the machine. I can still surf the Internet and send pop3 email when this happens, but I cann...

set param print session
is possible to set via VBA for Excel this param (see image)? http://www.gssitaly.com/extra_prn.jpg Tks for all posts ...