11g setting max_dump_file_size in another session

Hi,

I have a useful pl/sql script that facilitated the tracing of other
users sessions. Bascially it checked the session was connected, asked
what type of trace was required, set the max dumpfile size and started
the trace. Since upgrading to 11g this is no longer such a useful
script as the call I was using to dbms_system fails to set the max
dumpfile size.

sys.dbms_system.set_int_param_in_session
(v_session.sid,v_session.serial#,'max_dump_file_size',2147483647);

It doesn't error, just doesn't have any effect.

Has anybody got any suggestions as to how I can set this for another
session from pl/sql? Oradebug is the only method I have found that
works, but you can't call that from pl/sql, and I'd rather not re-
write the script as a shell script.

Cheers

Ralph
comp.databases.oracle.server 22845 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow