After installation of Oracle 9.2. The Login in Oracle Management Server creates the error: VTK-1000

Hello,

I can't local login in Oracle Management Server after installation of
Oracle 9.2. Where I can look the right name and status the Oracle
Management Server?

My Database
-----------
Host-Name: PRG1
Port-Number: 1521
SID: TEST
Net Service Name: TEST.PZCS.LOCAL

TNS-Descriptor:
(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=prg1)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=test)))

Silly question maybe: You did verify whether the Oracle Management
Service is actually running?

---
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA

0
sybrandb (439)
6/15/2005 10:01:39 AM
Hello,

how  I can detect, whether the Oracle Management running? I use W2k.

My Oracle Services
---
OracleMTSRecoveryService
OracleOraHome92Agent
OracleOraHome92ClientCache
OracleOraHome92HTTPServer
OracleOraHome92PagingServer
OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerEncapsulator
OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerMasterAgent
OracleOraHome92TNSListener
OracleServiceTEST

Best Regards

Wolfram Hubert

wolfram.hubert@web.de wrote:

>Hello,
>
>how  I can detect, whether the Oracle Management running? I use W2k.
>
>My Oracle Services
>---
>OracleMTSRecoveryService
>OracleOraHome92Agent
>OracleOraHome92ClientCache
>OracleOraHome92HTTPServer
>OracleOraHome92PagingServer
>OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerEncapsulator
>OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerMasterAgent
>OracleOraHome92TNSListener
>OracleServiceTEST
>
>Best Regards
>
>Wolfram Hubert

Is there a OMS set up and are you entering the correct connection info for it ( it IS NOT part of the Default 9.2 database
install, it is usually on a separate server and Instance.)

Here is the Error Detail:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VTK-1000: Unable to connect to the Oracle Management Server. Please verify that you have entered the correct host name and
the status of the Oracle Management Server.

Cause: The connection to the Oracle Management Server described above failed.

Action: Verify that you have entered the correct host name, and verify the status of the Oracle Management Server.

john.g1 (142)
6/15/2005 6:16:21 PM
<wolfram.hubert@web.de> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I can't local login in Oracle Management Server after installation of
> Oracle 9.2. Where I can look the right name and status the Oracle
> Management Server?
>
> My Database
> -----------
> Host-Name: PRG1
> Port-Number: 1521
> SID: TEST
> Net Service Name: TEST.PZCS.LOCAL
>
> TNS-Descriptor:
> (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=prg1)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=test)))

What's the name of the login account you are using ? sysman ?

Hello,

I started the Enterprise Manager Configuration Assistant. Now I can
login in Oracle Management Server with the login account sysman.

Thanks for their helps.

Regards.

Wolfram Hubert

Oracle server 9.2.0.1.0, Client 9.2.0.4.0, Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1
Hi Everybody, My Database server is running on Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1, And my Oracle version is 9.2.0.1.0. My Client mechine also Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1 , Oracle client version is 9.2.0.4.0. I am running a web application. Our application is in Magic edeveloper. I connect to Oracle using oracle gateway to my application. My Problem is my application is is becoming slow. I am not able to trace where the problem is. Before our application was running fine. recently i upgraded Oracle client version to 9.2.0.4.0. My Oracle client & server versions are different. I am getting error on my client mechine, it showing all memory address on the screen and the part of error is, arg register addr=83498cc .... Dump of memory from 0x83988c to 0x83499cc .... -- End of Call stack trace -- I am not able to trace where the problem is.Any insight please... Thanks, Ssreddy. ...

Install problems with Oracle installer 2.2 for Oracle 9i Client 9.2.0.1.0
Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong forum - I am an Oracle Newbie. Here are my computer specs : Windows 2003 - fully patch from Microsoft as of Sept 4th 2004 HP LP2000r 1 x 1,1 Gig Intel processor 1 GB RAM Hardware RAID 1, 12 GB with 8 GB freespace Clean install, no other programs. At first I tried running the Oracle installer program from the CD ROM and came up with the error that it could not find the javaw.exe program. I then tried installing and reinstalling several versions of java to no avail. Next I searched through groups.google and found the solution: 1. Copy the Oracle CD to the hard drive. I copied it to a subfolder directly to C:\Oracle9i 2. Change the file c:\oracle9i\install\ORAPARAM.INI to reflect the actual name of the directories listed in the install directories of the cd I just copied. I did this and next took out some "."s and put the absolute path to the java program and something called the "OUI_LOCATION". JRE_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdjre/13110a/1/DataFiles/Expanded OUI_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdoui/220120/1/DataFiles/Expanded Okay so good so far. This time the installer actually started. The problem occurs in the next few steps, when I click "next" (weiter in German) from the welcome screen- please understand if I translate something wrong here. Then I am shown the installation directory screen, where I select the default listed: Source : C:\Oracle...

Running ORACLE 8.1.7 & ORACLE 9.2 on the same UNIX server
Hi, I have recently installed ORACLE 9.2 Database on a UNIX server (2.8) which already has ORACLE 8.1.7. They have both a different SID and ORACLE_BASE. However I am having to use the ORACLE 8 listener for both ORACLE databases. Is it possible to run separate ORACLE 8 and ORACLE 9 listeners? Hello, There are no difficulty to use 2 listeners on the same machine. The point is that default listener used to listen on port 1521 (or 1526). You will have to change your listener configuration( netasst or by hand) in order to use a different port number, a different listener name and communicate it to your users for their tnsnames.ora. LSNR8I = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS= (PROTOCOL= TCP)(Host= machine)(Port= 1110)) ) Generally what I do is to create 1 listener per Oracle Version. After that, for starting listeners you'll have to launch lsnrctl start LSNR8I ou lsnrctl start LSNR9I I am used to name listeners with different names since 8i because you have the autoregistration stuff and with 2 listeners with the same name, you are not sure on which the database will register (or using le local_listener init parm). Regs, Olivier jonathan.johnston@bt.com (Jonathan Johnston) wrote in message news:<5e07fa5.0406080037.67d595a9@posting.google.com>... > Hi, > > I have recently installed ORACLE 9.2 Database on a UNIX server (2.8) > which already has ORACLE 8.1.7. They have both a different SID and > ...

oracle 9i (9.2.0.1.0)
Hi! when I call the oracle performance manager I get the following errors: VTM-0002: error when displaying graph java.lang.null.pointerexception at oracle.sysman.vtd.VtdCartridge.lookupClass(VtdCartridge.java:1313) ..... what is my problem? Thanks! ...

from oracle 9.2.04 to oracle 9.2.05
i'm a newbie, i'd like to guess if anybody knows how can I upgrade my oracle 9.2.04 to 9.2.05. My java_pool_size, shared_pool_size are under 150 MB. How can I set this value? Bye and thx a lot. jakko1982 wrote: > i'm a newbie, i'd like to guess if anybody knows how can I upgrade my > oracle 9.2.04 to 9.2.05. > My java_pool_size, shared_pool_size are under 150 MB. How can I set > this value? > > Bye and thx a lot. 1) Goto http://metalink.oracle.com and download the 9.2.0.5 patchset. You can also goto 9.2.0.6. Patch installation documentation comes with it. Make sure you review the documentation before applying the patchset. 2) Goto http://tahiti.oracle.com and review the "Initialization Parameter" section. If you are using spfile (Server Parameter File) then you can change these parameters online. Search for "spfile" keyword and goto "Administrator's Guide". If you are not using spfile then you need to locate the database init.ora file, modify the parameter values and bounce the database. Regards /Rauf sorry, but I use Spfile. I've searched Spfile keyword and I read the administrator's guide. and now? sorry but Im a newbye jakko1982 wrote: > sorry, but I use Spfile. I've searched Spfile keyword and I read the > administrator's guide. > > and now? sorry but Im a newbye Did you read under heading "Managing Initialization Parameters Using a Server Parameter File"...

massive performance drop Oracle 9i on multi processor system (Windows Server 2003, Oracle 9i, 9.2.0.6.0)
The performance of some complex PL/SQL functions has dropped dramatically since migrating from Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.0) on Windows Server 2000 to 9i (9.2.0.6.0) on Windows Server 2003. We found out, that Oracle 9i performance on a multi processor CPU machine (our server has 4 XEON CPUs, Hyperthreading is disabled in BIOS) is highly dependent on init.ora parameters; unfortunately our trial and error approach to find the proper settings (we searched Oracle Tech Net (OTN) and google groups without success) did not help so far. We are testing performance behaviour with some business critical PL/SQL procedures that do authorization calculations for our application. Simplified these functions do a lot of inserts, deletes and selects in/from tables (being used as temp tables in lack of in memory temp table support of oracle 9i). We can monitor the progress within the stored procedure by using UTL_FILE functions to write a log file into the file system of the server; we real time monitor the log file using "tail -f". <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); [...] When setting "CPU_COUNT = 1" in init.ora the function will typically run up to 10 seconds, when setting "CPU_COUNT = 4" it will take more than 2 minutes (!!!) We experimented with the following other parameters so far: db_writer_processes (set to 4 in combination with cpu_count = 4) fast_start_parall...

Setting file permission error on Oracle 9.2 installation on RedHat 9.0 #2
Hi, On installing Oracle 9.2 on RedHat 9.0 and AS 2.1, I encounterd the same following error: Error in setting permissions on file/directory /opt/oracle/jre/1.1.8/LICENSE Could someone tell me why it happened and how to fix it? Your help is much appreciated. Thanks, Rob ...

Upgrade from Oracle 9.2.0.1 to Oracle 9.2.0.3
Hello All, I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start again? Thanks Kumu Hello Kumu, What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you experience? You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your situation. New patches can introduce new problems as you can see, Regards, Ron DBA Infopower http://www.dbainfopower.com Standard disclaimer: http://www.dbainfopower.com/dbaip_advice_disclaimer.html "kumu" <forlist2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a44abd39.0402161837.6badb9ed@posting.google.com... > Hello All, > I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or > 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? > > Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying > 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start > again? > > Thanks > Kumu "Ron" <support@dbainfopower.com> wrote in message news:<QqWdnRM_cMiwWqzdRVn-vg@comcast.com>... > Hello Kumu, > > What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you > experience? > > You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your > situation. > > New patches can introduce new...

Installing oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 server
Hi All, Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 server? Thanks Ed Ed <arub11@yahoo.com> wrote in news:61dc863c-fde2-426b-adc7-c77de59a1703 @n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com: > Hi All, > > Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 > server? > Most definitely in seperate directory trees On Jul 26, 11:33=A0am, "Ana C. Dent" <anaced...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Ed <aru...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:61dc863c-fde2-426b-adc7-c77de59a1703 > @n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com: > > > Hi All, > > > Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 > > server? > > Most definitely in seperate directory trees With different oracle users used for installation? Any other info. you may have to keep in mind during the installation of both versions of oracle? On Jul 26, 2:28=A0pm, Ed <aru...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 > server? > > Thanks > Ed You install them into separate oracle homes. Do the 9i first and patch then 10g and patch is simplest. You should double check 9i I "think" it is supported by oracle for solaris 10. The installer might get a little weird worry about os patches and pre-reqs not sure. The 10g install is pretty clean. You can do both installs using the "same" oracle user and group definitions or you could...

WINODS NT SERVER Oracle
I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, i.e., one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the workarounds. Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. Do same problem exist with pcAnywhere, VNC desktop, Citrix client. Thanks, Prem On 19 Feb 2004 18:38:10 -0800, premmehrotra@hotmail.com (Prem K Mehrotra) wrote: >I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing >the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service >Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, >i.e., >one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the >workarounds. Because Microsoft is Microsoft and Microsoft doesn't support the BEQ protocol used by Oracle for this purpose. The only lousy workaround is to use set local=<tns service name> prior to connecting to sql*plus in a cmd window. Also you can't use the lsnrctl program to start and stop the listener for the same reason. You need to bounce the service. > >Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console >wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. OEM? It works! Need to save the init.ora on the Oracle Enterprise Management Server, using OEM, but that is about there is. Or dump Microsux T...

Oracle 9.2 vs. Oracle 9.2.0.4.
I'm using SDK 1.4.2_03 either with an Oracle 9.2 or an Oracle 9.2.0.4 client version. The 9.2 version behaves as expected. My problem only occurs with the 9.2.0.4. version. If I try to process the ResultSet of database query and the selected column data includes leading blanks, the 9.2.0.4 seems to trim these leading blanks. Is this behaviour known or am I doing something wrong ? <code snippet> ResultSet result = null; Connection con = null; Statement stmt = null; Vector vec = new Vector(); try { con = DriverManager.getConnection(dbUrl, dbUser, dbPassword); stmt = con.createStatement(); result = stmt.executeQuery("SELECT DATA FROM CPTMESSAGEDATA";); while (result.next()) { vec.add(result.getString("DATA")); } con.close(); stmt.close(); } catch (SQLException e) { } </code snippet> CPTMessageData.DATA is of type VARCHAR2(50) not nullable with values like: " @20013 @E123 @G123 @ @ @ " " @3700167 @43186 @B50_300 @1 @20013 @1 @OK " Any help is appreciated. Alex ...

oracle database 9.2.0.8 32bit and windows server 2003 64bit
Hello! What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit database? Any suggestion? Regards - MJ On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA thx. I will check Uzytkownik "sybrandb" <sybrandb@gmail.com> napisal w wiadomosci news:b5d54371-bf21-439b-85c3-ae21dafc21be@3g2000yqk.googlegroups.com... On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA On Apr 15, 5:16=A0am, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on &g...

ODMA_RBS Error while upgrade Oracle 8.1.7 to Oracle 9.2
Hi all, I am trying to upgrade Oracle 8.1.7 to Oracle 9.2 using database upgrade assistant and while doing that I am getting error at final Step 4 after clicking the Finish button error msg is "90MB of Free disk space not available at D:\ORACLE9\oradata\Datenbank to create the "ODMA_RBS" tablespace for rollback undo mode duting upgrade.Provide the required free disk space on the disk" Althoug there are 51 GB of disk space available. I don't know why is it giving this error! OS is Windows 2003. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance, Dirk Hmmm...Hard to say...Prove to use that you're not crazy: Go to a dos prompt, go to C:\ and D:\ and do a DIR command post results (bytes free) and we'll belive you. Dirk Schulz wrote: > Hi all, > > I am trying to upgrade Oracle 8.1.7 to Oracle 9.2 using database upgrade > assistant and while doing that I am getting error at final Step 4 after > clicking the Finish button error msg is > "90MB of Free disk space not available at D:\ORACLE9\oradata\Datenbank to > create the "ODMA_RBS" tablespace for rollback undo mode duting > upgrade.Provide the required free disk space on the disk" > > Althoug there are 51 GB of disk space available. I don't know why is it > giving this error! OS is Windows 2003. > > Can anyone help? > > Thanks in advance, > > Dirk > > The 51GB is on E, not on D? Just to give an example? -- Regards, ...

Oracle 10g 10.0.2 client, to connect oracle 8 server
Dear Group members, I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and 8i it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error <b> "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer supported." </b> Can i install, 2 or more version of oracle clients in same system, becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will infect my software .. process.. if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before installation .. What is the best oracle client software can suitable for most of the server's On Jul 27, 11:58=A0pm, ranganadh <ranganadhkod...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear Group members, > > =A0I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and > 8i > > it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. > when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error > > <b> =A0"ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer > supported." </b> > > Can i install, 2 or more =A0version of oracle clients in same system, > becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some > SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will > infect my software .. process.. > > if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, ...

from sql server to oracle to ANOTHER oracle
I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax. I try to write something like SELECT * FROM LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2 but it does not work questions 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ? 2) if so, how ? thank you! On Nov 10, 10:57=A0am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. > > I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle > server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another > oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax. > > I try to write something like > > =A0SELECT * FROM > =A0 LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2 > > but it does not work > > questions > 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ? > 2) if so, how ? > > thank you! use a synonym that points to the second linked table? On Nov 10, 9:27=A0pm, onedbguru <onedbg...@yahoo.com> wrote: > On Nov 10, 10:57=A0am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > > > > I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. > > > I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle > > server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another > > oracle db. I&#...

Oracle 10g 10.0.2 client, to connect oracle 8 server
Dear Group members, I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and 8i it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error <b> "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer supported." </b> Can i install, 2 or more version of oracle clients in same system, becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will infect my software .. process.. if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before installation .. What is the best oracle client software can suitable for most of the server's > I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and > 8i > > it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. > when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error > > <b> "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer > supported." </b> > > > Can i install, 2 or more version of oracle clients in same system, > becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some > SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will > infect my software .. process.. Yes you can, I currently have 3 versions Oracle 8.0.4, Oracle 9.2 and Oracle 10.2 on my work PC. No problem. > > if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before > installation .. If yo...

Oracle Application Server Internal Server Error
Hello, We are using OAS 9.0.4.1 run on AIX 5.3 with an Oracle 10.1.0.2 DB back end running on a seperate partition of the machine. The main application is developed in house on forms6 and migrated to forms9 a couple of years ago when we moved to AIX. Since the move we get an "Internal Server Error", in the web browser, occuring randomly when users try to login to the application. Through some investigation it appears as though the OC4J_BI_Forms service becomes unresponsive for a short period of time causing the web server request to time out. Users who are logged into the system can still work but no new users can get in. Has anybody else experienced this problem? Anybody got any ideas where to start looking? We have a TAR logged with Oracle but as usual they've said that they won't help us until we go to 9.0.4.3. Which we haven't been able to do as the patching process keeps failing. Any help would be appreciated. gnscon@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > We are using OAS 9.0.4.1 run on AIX 5.3 with an Oracle 10.1.0.2 DB > back end running on a seperate partition of the machine. The main > application is developed in house on forms6 and migrated to forms9 a > couple of years ago when we moved to AIX. Since the move we get an > "Internal Server Error", in the web browser, occuring randomly when > users try to login to the application. > > Through some investigation it appears as though the OC4J_BI_Forms > ser...

Oracle database Server 9.2 fails to start when Windoes 2000 Pro machine rebooted
Hi, I installed the Personal Edition of Oracle 9.2 server on my Windows 2000 Professional machine. Immediately after installation, the DB worked fine, responding to client connections and SQL queries. But after I restarted my machine, the server is not responding to client connections - giving TNS:no listener error in the net8 configuration assistant. Can any one help and point out what might eb the reason, and how to fix it? I tried creating new DBs but was unable to connect, even though there was no hiccup during installation. However, the log files seem to show the server starting when i reboot the machine. following is the contents of log trace file: Dump file c:\ora9ias\admin\mntest1\udump\mntest1_ora_1340.trc Tue Jun 01 21:54:52 2004 ORACLE V9.2.0.1.0 - Production vsnsta=0 vsnsql=12 vsnxtr=3 Windows 2000 Version 5.0 Service Pack 4, CPU type 586 Personal Oracle9i Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production Windows 2000 Version 5.0 Service Pack 4, CPU type 586 Instance name: mntest1 Redo thread mounted by this instance: 0 <none> Oracle process number: 12 Windows thread id: 1340, image: ORACLE.EXE *** 2004-06-01 21:54:52.000 *** SESSION ID:(9.1) 2004-06-01 21:54:51.000 (blkno = 0xe3, size = 276, max = 1, in-use = 1, last-recid= 0) (blkno = 0xe4, size = 56, max = 72, in-use = 1, last-recid= 1) Thread checkpoint rba:0x000007.00000002.0010 scn:0x0000.0010aaf4 On-disk rba:0x...

help:How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7
How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 1-what scripts are to be used 2-Where i can find these scripts. Thnks. You can't. You can use lower version export to export higher version database. The other way around has never been possible. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA You probably have Oracle 9.2.0.1 running somewhere right, perhaps on another machine ? Set your ORACLE_HOME to 9.2.0.1 then export through sqlnet: exp username/pwd @9207instance Now you'll use the 9.2.0.1 export utility; this should work. "shahsyed" <shahsyed@gmail.com> schreef in bericht . > How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 > > 1-what scripts are to be used > 2-Where i can find these scripts. > > Thnks. Hi, I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is possible?? Thanks Alok. On 9 Aug 2005 22:05:49 -0700, alok.behria@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, > > I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is >possible?? > >Thanks >Alok. Oracle is backwards compatible provided you have the definition of backwards compatible correct. You can connect (again) *lower version client* to a *higher version database* The other way around has nothing to do with backwards compatible, though it usually works, *with the exception of export/import, AS DOCUMENTED* (but I guess no one ever reads the docs) -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Hi, ...

Oracle server Upgrade from 9.0 to 9.2 on Windows 2003
Hi All, I am trying to upgrade an Oracle server running 9.0 on Win 2003. I do not want to keep 2 Oracle Homes for 9.0 and 9.2. I would rather uninstall 9.0 using oui. I will import the data from production database from export files. What will be my best (easy, hassle free) course of action: 1. Shutdown the current 9.0 instance 2. Drop the current 9.0 db 3. Uninstall the current 9.0 executibls using oui 4. Install the 9.2 executibles 5. Create new db instance 6. Import the data from export files Is this a good idea? Or should I have 2 Oracle Homes by installing 9.2 and upgrade the 9.0 db using dbua? Only problem is I cant find the dbua in the current 9.0 setup. Your advice / experience / feedback will really appreciated. Thanx in advance. Personally, I'd install 9.2 in a second Oracle Home and then upgrade the database. Once it is all done, feel free to remove the 9.0 software in that home. You'll use the DBUA in the 9.2 home, not the 9.0 one! HTH, Brian Wade Chy wrote: > > Hi All, > I am trying to upgrade an Oracle server running 9.0 on Win 2003. I do > not want to keep 2 Oracle Homes for 9.0 and 9.2. I would rather > uninstall 9.0 using oui. I will import the data from production > database from export files. What will be my best (easy, hassle free) > course of action: > > 1. Shutdown the current 9.0 instance > 2. Drop the current 9.0 db > 3. Uninstall the current 9.0 executibls using oui > 4. Install the 9.2 executibles &...

Web resources about - After installation of Oracle 9.2. The Login in Oracle Management Server creates the error: VTK-1000 - comp.databases.oracle.server

Installation art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Installation art describes an artistic genre of three-dimensional works that are often site-specific and designed to transform the perception ...

Installation Magazine for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod ...
Get Installation Magazine on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Typical Solar Installation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... This is a newly constructed home with near total solar covering. Hi Tim, I have published this nice picture by you, ofa home with solar installation, ...

Adobe pushes scareware with Flash Player installation - YouTube
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/adobes-latest-critical-security-update-pushes-scareware/4681 If you manually install the latest version of Flash ...

Telstra in dispute with customer over costly landline installation
Would you pay $5931.90 for the installation of a landline in a suburban area?

Shark attack delays shark-proof barrier installation at Middleton Beach, Albany
Workers putting in a shark-proof barrier at a WA beach on Sunday were forced to postpone the installation after a shark attacked a pygmy whale ...

Apple begins rolling out screen protector installation program to Japan retail stores
Earlier today we reported that Apple was partnering with one screen protector company , likely Belkin, to offer professional installations of ...

Apple rolls out iPhone screen protector installation service in Japan
Earlier today, it was reported that Apple would be rolling out a service that would offer professional installation of iPhone screen protectors ...

SolarCity Installations Decline Amid Shift Away From Growth
... Tuesday. That fell short of its October forecast of 280 megawatts to 300 megawatts. And in the current quarter, the company expects installations ...