Application Server 10g (10.1.3) on Windows 2003 Server

Hi,
It's my first post here. I'm trying to install AS on W2k3 but on the
final screen an error occure:
Configuration assistant "OPMN Configuration Assistant" failed.
What should i do? I have no experience with AS. Thx for any help.
vartan

kamilwojcik82@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
> It's my first post here. I'm trying to install AS on W2k3 but on the
> final screen an error occure:
> Configuration assistant "OPMN Configuration Assistant" failed.
> What should i do? I have no experience with AS. Thx for any help.
> vartan

Read the installation log file and find out why.
--
Daniel Morgan
University of Washington
On 30 Sep 2006 13:52:39 -0700, kamilwojcik82@gmail.com wrote:

>Hi,
>It's my first post here. I'm trying to install AS on W2k3 but on the
>final screen an error occure:
>Configuration assistant "OPMN Configuration Assistant" failed.
>What should i do? I have no experience with AS. Thx for any help.
>vartan

If the *configuration assistant* failed (so the installation is OK),
look in %ORACLE_HOME%\cfgtoollogs and/or %ORACLE_HOME%\opmn\logs

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
0

Server to server = Server client to server?
For a server to server connection, is the connecting server considered as a client of the accepting server or is it not? I have the following classes: Connection <--- base class of the following two ClientConnection <--- client ServerConnection <--- server ServerClientConnection <--- server as a client of another server. But then I came across something that states "A client is anything connected to a server that is not another client". Comments please... Just remember! Server ( programm ) is always listening a connections!!! - wrote: &g...

application server on windows server 2003
Hi I am developing a client server application a small component of which should open a terminal window with an application (say AutoCAD) running on it on the server. All clients should be able to view this application on their respective machines. Can anyone suggest if I can use any existing services for this ? For opening a terminal window in Server 2003 I found that I can use Remote Desktop Connection. However I think I need something like a VNC server but am not sure what or how to use. Can anyone suggest as to how I can proceed for this ? Any help/hints/suggestions would be appre...

application server on windows server 2003
Hi I am developing a client server application a small component of which should open a terminal window with an application (say AutoCAD) running on it on the server. All clients should be able to view this application on their respective machines. Can anyone suggest if I can use any existing services for this ? For opening a terminal window in Server 2003 I found that I can use Remote Desktop Connection. However I think I need something like a VNC server but am not sure what or how to use. Can anyone suggest as to how I can proceed for this ? Any help/hints/suggestions would be appre...

oracle application server 10.1.3 redirect problem
Hello! I have redirection like this : Redirect / www.test.com/iii/test/iii.jspx So every one how enter the page : www.test.com automaticly will be redirect to www.test.com/iii/test/iii.jspx but if i add second redirect like : Redirect /test www.test.com/warning.html second redirect wont work. I trying to create second redirect, second redirect will go to DocumentRoot folder (htdocs) and get warning.html but nothing happen but when i disabel first redirect / everything ok.. need help how to resole that problem Reagards -MJ aaaa schreef: > Hello! > > I have redirection like this : > > Redirect / www.test.com/iii/test/iii.jspx > > So every one how enter the page : www.test.com automaticly will be redirect > to www.test.com/iii/test/iii.jspx > but if i add second redirect like : > > Redirect /test www.test.com/warning.html > > second redirect wont work. I trying to create second redirect, second > redirect will go to DocumentRoot folder (htdocs) and get warning.html but > nothing happen but when i disabel first redirect / everything ok.. > > need help how to resole that problem > > Reagards -MJ > > Did you put the redirects in the right order? /test must be BEFORE / Shakespeare ...

Oracle 10g on Windows 2003 Advance Server vs Solaris 10 ?
Dear Users, Kindly help me with below query of mine. For a web application, which is a suggested combination (considering stability/performance/maintainen for web application) ---- Oracle 10g on Windows 2003 Server ---- Oracle 10g on Solaris 10 -- Currently we are using Oracle 9i on Solaris 8. It will be helpful if i can get views based on your experience with above oracle 10g and OS. There is one more thread on oracle on solaris vs windows but i coud'nt get specific solution from that hence posting again (sorry abt that) Thanks in Advance On Mar 27, 7:10=A0am, Hardesh <hard...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear Users, > > Kindly help me with below query of mine. > > For a web application, which is a suggested combination (considering > stability/performance/maintainen for web application) > > =A0 =A0 ---- Oracle 10g on Windows 2003 Server > =A0 =A0 ---- Oracle 10g on Solaris 10 > > -- Currently we are using Oracle 9i on Solaris 8. > > It will be helpful if i can get views based on your experience with > above oracle 10g and OS. > > There is one more thread on oracle on solaris vs windows but i coud'nt > get specific solution from that hence posting again (sorry abt that) > > Thanks in Advance Why would it make a difference to the web application? The app connects to the database via SQL*net, odbc or jdbc so it should be irrelevant on which O/S the database runs. My *preference* would be Solaris,...

Oracle Application Server 10g Release 2 (10.1.2)
question related to Oracle Application Server 10g Release 2 (10.1.2) in Unix HP OS. does anyone know if there is a OAS prompt command that allow me to upadate the java-options and the environmental variables in the file ../opmn/conf/opmn.xml? is the only way to change it from the console or manually? thanks -- http://pguiducci.com mazapegul schreef: > question related to Oracle Application Server 10g Release 2 (10.1.2) in > Unix HP OS. > > does anyone know if there is a OAS prompt command that allow me to > upadate the java-options and the environment...

Using Eudora 6.0.1.1 in Windows 2000/XP with Application Data Redirected to Windows 2003 Server
Does anybody have any experience with using Eudora 6.0 on Windows 2000/XP machines? Per the installation guide we are using Eudora with user data stored in the Application Data folder for the user. Problems have arisen as we've migrated to Windows 2003 Server and Active Directory. Users now have roaming profiles (stored on the server) and redirected folders (My Documents and Application Data) also stored on the server. Some users also are using laptops with 'Offline Files' turned on. The problems we are seeing are... - OWNER.LOK files are not getting deleted when Eudora quits (or they are getting syncronized from the Client Side Cache to the server on log out) causing multiple instance of Eudora messages. Proceeding with "Accept the consequences" is resulting in TOC and/or MBX corruption. - We seem to be getting corruption of IN.TOC on the file server. Does Eudora support writing this file over a network connection or only to the local machines file system? Thanks for any insight. Trevor Cooper UCSD ...

Multiples Instance of SQL server 2000/SQL server 7.0 on Windows server 2003
Hi, Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance and SQL server 2000 as a named instance. Thanks for your answer. riless (g.carali@voila.fr) writes: > Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, > SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : > > SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance > > and > > SQL server 2000 as a named instance. If SQL 7 can be installed on Win2003, yes. But I would not really expect SQL 7 to be welcome on Windows 2003, although I don't...

mail server on windows server 2003
Hi Gurus I would like to run a mail server on 2003 that does the following: 1. collect emails from several other mail servers (e.g. mail.myisp.com) using the pop3 method. 2. allow people connected to the servers domain/network to - send emails from their outlook program - receive emails in their outlook program - send emails locally (without going through our ISP) to other people who are connected to the server (e.g. from Jo to Mike who are both connected to the server domain). My questions are: 1. can MS Windows Server do this, OR 2. would you recommend a program f...

error on Oracle App Server 10.1.3.1.0
Hi all, I've got a lot of errors in my oracle application server, Oracle Containers for J2EE 10.1.3.1.0 running on Linux Red Hat 4, with 12GB and these are few of the errors, can anyone tell what is wrong with this error ? 08/01/07 15:29:57.552 ViewArchive: Servlet error java.lang.IllegalStateException: Response has already been committed at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.1.0) ].server.http.EvermindHttpServletResponse.resetBuffer(EvermindHttpServletResponse.java: 1854) at javax.servlet.ServletResponseWrapper.resetBuffer(ServletResponseWrapper.java: 237) at javax.servlet.ServletResponseWrapper.resetBuffer(ServletResponseWrapper.java: 237) at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.1.0) ].server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.unprivileged_forward(ServletRequestDispatcher.java: 285) at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.1.0) ].server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.access $100(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:50) at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.1.0) ].server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher $2.oc4jRun(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:193) at oracle.oc4j.security.OC4JSecurity.doPrivileged(OC4JSecurity.java: 283) at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.1.0) ].server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.forward(ServletRequestDispatcher.java: 198) at com.sun.faces.context.ExternalContextImpl.dispatch(ExternalContextImpl.java: 346) at com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.renderView(ViewHandlerIm...

what protocol between: jinitiator 1.3.1.17 and oracle application server ???
Hello, Can somebody tell me what communication protocol is used between: jinitiator 1.3.1.17 as a client and oracle application server. I have system with Oracle DB and app server and jinitiator on client side. I have to "record" communication in order to do efficiency tests. regards OJ IIOP ? "OJ32" <okwieka@op.pl> wrote in message news:735e6b36.0407190428.2f231802@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > Can somebody tell me what communication protocol is used between: > jinitiator 1.3.1.17 as a client > and oracle application server. > > I have system with Oracle DB and app server and jinitiator on client side. > I have to "record" communication in order to do efficiency tests. > > regards > OJ OJ32 wrote: > Hello, > > Can somebody tell me what communication protocol is used between: > jinitiator 1.3.1.17 as a client > and oracle application server. > > I have system with Oracle DB and app server and jinitiator on client side. > I have to "record" communication in order to do efficiency tests. > > regards > OJ http OJ32 wrote: > > Hello, > > Can somebody tell me what communication protocol is used between: > jinitiator 1.3.1.17 as a client > and oracle application server. > > I have system with Oracle DB and app server and jinitiator on client side. > I have to "record" communication in order to do efficiency test...

Terminal GUI Application server 3.1.0.1 for Windows released
A completely free 2-user version is available for download from: http://www.otc.pl/download/default.aspx?l=2 Among new features: - added support for 64-bit GUI and Console applications - extention libraries for xHarbour 1.2.1 (Rev. 9382, SVN 18.07.2011) More about new features: http://www.otc.pl/index.asp?s=108&l=2 It allows running Windows GUI and Console applications including xHarbour applications using any of the popular GUI libraries. For product description please visit Terminal GUI (for applications using Windows GUI interface) http://www.otc.pl/index.asp?s=84&l=2 Termin...

Windows Server 2003 as file server slow?
I have setup the following: Server - Windows 2003 server standard edition, 2GB Ram, 1000BT network card PC - Windows XP, 1GB Ram, 1000BT network card Notebook - WIndows XP, 768MB Ram, 100BT network (build in) All three are connected to an 8 port gigabit switch which is connected to a Broadband Router/FW device which connects to an ADSL modem to connect to the internet. * All three computers have setup network shares. * user on the Server initiates file copy to PC shared drive: very fast * user on the Server initiates file copy from PC shared drive: very fast * user on PC initiate...

Windows server 2003 small business server
Hello, I have installed SBS but am having problems with remote connectivity and firewalls. I am looking for an expert or someone who is quite familiar with the Small Business Server 2003. Am willing to pay for consulting if needed. Thanks shri please reply to shri at bthelpers.com (replace the at) ...

Oracle Application Server Internal Server Error
Hello, We are using OAS 9.0.4.1 run on AIX 5.3 with an Oracle 10.1.0.2 DB back end running on a seperate partition of the machine. The main application is developed in house on forms6 and migrated to forms9 a couple of years ago when we moved to AIX. Since the move we get an "Internal Server Error", in the web browser, occuring randomly when users try to login to the application. Through some investigation it appears as though the OC4J_BI_Forms service becomes unresponsive for a short period of time causing the web server request to time out. Users who are logged into the system can still work but no new users can get in. Has anybody else experienced this problem? Anybody got any ideas where to start looking? We have a TAR logged with Oracle but as usual they've said that they won't help us until we go to 9.0.4.3. Which we haven't been able to do as the patching process keeps failing. Any help would be appreciated. gnscon@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > We are using OAS 9.0.4.1 run on AIX 5.3 with an Oracle 10.1.0.2 DB > back end running on a seperate partition of the machine. The main > application is developed in house on forms6 and migrated to forms9 a > couple of years ago when we moved to AIX. Since the move we get an > "Internal Server Error", in the web browser, occuring randomly when > users try to login to the application. > > Through some investigation it appears as though the OC4J_BI_Forms > ser...

Windows server 2003 small business server
Hello, I have installed SBS but am having problems with remote connectivity and firewalls. I am looking for an expert or someone who is quite familiar with the Small Business Server 2003. Am willing to pay for consulting if needed. Thanks shri please reply to shri at bthelpers.com (replace the at) ...

oracle application server, ibm websphere, sun application server �T�̥i���i�H�@�Ӥ���O?

Windows 2003 Server Map Drive to Novell Server
I am attempting to map a drive from a W2K3 Server, which is used as a Terminal Server, to a Novell Netware 5.x server. I cannot see the Novell server from the Windows Network Neighborhood, nor can I seem to manually map to it using the UNC naming conventions. Any ideas? i've got the same problem David Gadway wrote: > I am attempting to map a drive from a W2K3 Server, which is used as a > Terminal Server, to a Novell Netware 5.x server. I cannot see the > Novell server from the Windows Network Neighborhood, nor can I seem to > manually map to it using the UNC naming conven...

mail server on 2003 server
I cannot access port 25 if i use windows built in mail server to retreive mail. It can be done on Pegasus mail. Any pointers? I know the ports are not being blocked. ...

mail server on 2003 server
I cannot access port 25 if i use windows built in mail server to retreive mail. It can be done on Pegasus mail. Any pointers? I know the ports are not being blocked. ...

Web resources about - Application Server 10g (10.1.3) on Windows 2003 Server - comp.databases.oracle.server

Patent application could see the Apple Watch calling 911 when it detects a heart-attack
A patent application describes how the Apple Watch and iPhone could work together to detect medical emergencies like a heart attack, and automatically ...

Donald Trump is causing a spike in naturalization applications among Latino immigrants
... report published today in the New York Times, Donald Trump’s overtly racist rhetoric against Latinos has led to a spike in naturalization applications ...

Google now accepting applications for open source Summer of Code 2016
... of selection. Our Student Manual provides lots of helpful advice to get you started on choosing an organization and crafting a great application". ...

Introducing Analytics for Google Cast Applications
... Engineer on the Google Cast Server Infrastructure Team As a Google Cast developer, you may be wondering how many devices access your application, ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 33% YoY
From the MBA: Refinance Applications Continue to Drop in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 3.3 percent from one week ...

PDF: Application essays by CPD superintendent finalists
C2E2, meet Kristin Cavallari and 20+ other things to do this weekend Breaking News News Local news Breaking News PDF: Application essays by CPD ...

Mortgage applications eke out gain
A growing divide in the mortgage market has emerged between refinance applications and those needed to purchase a home.

IDG Contributor Network: GoDaddy goes cloud, and throws in applications for good measure
GoDaddy is a funny beast. On the one hand the hosting business is huge, boasting 14 million customers worldwide and managing over 60 million ...

Want To Fly A Passenger Jet? JetBlue Is Now Taking Applications From Novice Pilots
Tired of the daily grind, and yearning to spend your work hours among the clouds, using a public address system to tell people to sit back, relax, ...