f



apply patch 9.2.0.6 on 9.2.0.1.

To apply patch 9.2.0.6 on 9.2.0.1.
Do we have to apply all patches between them means 1st 9.2.0.2 then
9.2.0.3 then 9.2.0.4 then 9.2.0.5 and then 9.2.0.6. Or can I do it
directly. on windows XP

0
1/5/2007 5:16:28 AM
comp.databases.oracle.server 22978 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

27 Replies
894 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 23

"aman.oracle.dba" <aman.oracle.dba@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 
1167974188.705052.140810@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
| To apply patch 9.2.0.6 on 9.2.0.1.
| Do we have to apply all patches between them means 1st 9.2.0.2 then
| 9.2.0.3 then 9.2.0.4 then 9.2.0.5 and then 9.2.0.6. Or can I do it
| directly. on windows XP
|

Each patch/patchset comes with a readme file.
Please read it before posting.

Regards
Michel Cadot


0
Michel
1/5/2007 5:54:21 AM
Michel Cadot wrote:
> "aman.oracle.dba" <aman.oracle.dba@gmail.com> a =E9crit dans le message d=
e news:
> 1167974188.705052.140810@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> | To apply patch 9.2.0.6 on 9.2.0.1.
> | Do we have to apply all patches between them means 1st 9.2.0.2 then
> | 9.2.0.3 then 9.2.0.4 then 9.2.0.5 and then 9.2.0.6. Or can I do it
> | directly. on windows XP
> |
>
> Each patch/patchset comes with a readme file.
> Please read it before posting.
>
> Regards
> Michel Cadot
Please tell me the patch number to be applied on 9.2.0.1 to upgrade it
to 9.2.0.4

0
1/5/2007 6:07:43 AM
aman.oracle.dba wrote:
> Michel Cadot wrote:
> > "aman.oracle.dba" <aman.oracle.dba@gmail.com> a =E9crit dans le message=
 de news:
> > 1167974188.705052.140810@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> > | To apply patch 9.2.0.6 on 9.2.0.1.
> > | Do we have to apply all patches between them means 1st 9.2.0.2 then
> > | 9.2.0.3 then 9.2.0.4 then 9.2.0.5 and then 9.2.0.6. Or can I do it
> > | directly. on windows XP
> > |
> >
> > Each patch/patchset comes with a readme file.
> > Please read it before posting.
> >
> > Regards
> > Michel Cadot
> Please tell me the patch number to be applied on 9.2.0.1 to upgrade it
> to 9.2.0.4

it is the patch number called 'Please stop parasiting this group'

--=20
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA

0
sybrandb1 (715)
1/5/2007 6:11:58 AM
aman.oracle.dba wrote:
> Michel Cadot wrote:
>> "aman.oracle.dba" <aman.oracle.dba@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
>> 1167974188.705052.140810@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>> | To apply patch 9.2.0.6 on 9.2.0.1.
>> | Do we have to apply all patches between them means 1st 9.2.0.2 then
>> | 9.2.0.3 then 9.2.0.4 then 9.2.0.5 and then 9.2.0.6. Or can I do it
>> | directly. on windows XP
>> |
>>
>> Each patch/patchset comes with a readme file.
>> Please read it before posting.
>>
>> Regards
>> Michel Cadot
> Please tell me the patch number to be applied on 9.2.0.1 to upgrade it
> to 9.2.0.4

Your original question was with respect to 9.2.0.6. Now you are asking
about 9.2.0.4.

The solution is to go to metalink, search for patches to 9.2.0.1, and
read the documentation. Oracle's advice will be to patch to the most
recent patchset for your operating system. And that is what you should do.
-- 
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington
damorgan@x.washington.edu
(replace x with u to respond)
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
www.psoug.org
0
damorgan3 (6326)
1/5/2007 4:23:52 PM
aman.oracle.dba wrote:
> Michel Cadot wrote:
> > "aman.oracle.dba" <aman.oracle.dba@gmail.com> a =E9crit dans le message=
 de news:
> > 1167974188.705052.140810@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> > | To apply patch 9.2.0.6 on 9.2.0.1.
> > | Do we have to apply all patches between them means 1st 9.2.0.2 then
> > | 9.2.0.3 then 9.2.0.4 then 9.2.0.5 and then 9.2.0.6. Or can I do it
> > | directly. on windows XP
> > |
> >
> > Each patch/patchset comes with a readme file.
> > Please read it before posting.
> >
> > Regards
> > Michel Cadot
> Please tell me the patch number to be applied on 9.2.0.1 to upgrade it
> to 9.2.0.4

I've heard that patch number 42 is usually the answer to all problems!

Cheers
Anurag

0
avoracle (241)
1/5/2007 4:29:44 PM
Anurag Varma wrote:
> aman.oracle.dba wrote:
> > Michel Cadot wrote:
> > > "aman.oracle.dba" <aman.oracle.dba@gmail.com> a =E9crit dans le messa=
ge de news:
> > > 1167974188.705052.140810@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> > > | To apply patch 9.2.0.6 on 9.2.0.1.
> > > | Do we have to apply all patches between them means 1st 9.2.0.2 then
> > > | 9.2.0.3 then 9.2.0.4 then 9.2.0.5 and then 9.2.0.6. Or can I do it
> > > | directly. on windows XP
> > > |
> > >
> > > Each patch/patchset comes with a readme file.
> > > Please read it before posting.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Michel Cadot
> > Please tell me the patch number to be applied on 9.2.0.1 to upgrade it
> > to 9.2.0.4
>
> I've heard that patch number 42 is usually the answer to all problems!
>=20

Not exactly a helpful reply eh?

0
johnbhurley (2707)
1/5/2007 6:13:39 PM
> > I've heard that patch number 42 is usually the answer to all problems!
>
> Not exactly a helpful reply eh?

O Contraire - I got a good chuckle out of it
(since the OP ignored the first bit of advice,
   which was 100% accurate, and what he/she needed...
      then you might as well get a good laugh out of it - or at least a
descent chuckle)

my opinion.

0
dbaguy_ott (71)
1/5/2007 6:26:12 PM
aman.oracle.dba wrote:
> To apply patch 9.2.0.6 on 9.2.0.1.
> Do we have to apply all patches between them means 1st 9.2.0.2 then
> 9.2.0.3 then 9.2.0.4 then 9.2.0.5 and then 9.2.0.6. Or can I do it
> directly. on windows XP

Patchesets are cumulative.  If you put on 9.2.0.6 then anything prior
is taken care of ( either the patchset includes the earlier fixes or
supercedes them ).

Instead of 9.2.0.6 I would think of 9.2.0.8 it's more current and has
been relatively stable at my shop.

You need an active oracle support contract to download patchsets and
patches.  You do this via metalink ( oracle online support ) at
www.oracle.com .  There's a built in search utility from the metalink
Patches & Updates browser tab that let's you search and identify ( then
download ) the ones you need.

Each has a readme file along with oracle note identifiers and you
should take the time to research all of this information before even
thinking about applying it to any systems.

Hope that helps.

0
johnbhurley (2707)
1/5/2007 6:58:29 PM
hpuxrac a =E9crit :

> Anurag Varma wrote:
> > aman.oracle.dba wrote:
> > > Michel Cadot wrote:
> > > > "aman.oracle.dba" <aman.oracle.dba@gmail.com> a =E9crit dans le mes=
sage de news:
> > > > 1167974188.705052.140810@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> > > > | To apply patch 9.2.0.6 on 9.2.0.1.
> > > > | Do we have to apply all patches between them means 1st 9.2.0.2 th=
en
> > > > | 9.2.0.3 then 9.2.0.4 then 9.2.0.5 and then 9.2.0.6. Or can I do it
> > > > | directly. on windows XP
> > > > |
> > > >
> > > > Each patch/patchset comes with a readme file.
> > > > Please read it before posting.
> > > >
> > > > Regards
> > > > Michel Cadot
> > > Please tell me the patch number to be applied on 9.2.0.1 to upgrade it
> > > to 9.2.0.4
> >
> > I've heard that patch number 42 is usually the answer to all problems!
> >
>
> Not exactly a helpful reply eh?

Well, the OP got the Help, the Jokes, and Everything  :-)

0
hasta_l3 (160)
1/5/2007 7:03:48 PM
"G Quesnel" <dbaguy_ott@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:1168021572.396242.65400@11g2000cwr.googlegroups.com...
>> > I've heard that patch number 42 is usually the answer to all problems!
>>
>> Not exactly a helpful reply eh?
>
> O Contraire - I got a good chuckle out of it
> (since the OP ignored the first bit of advice,
>   which was 100% accurate, and what he/she needed...
>      then you might as well get a good laugh out of it - or at least a
> descent chuckle)
>
> my opinion.
>
FWIW - yep  my opinion too :-) 


0
1/5/2007 7:21:57 PM
hasta_l3@hotmail.com wrote:
> hpuxrac a =E9crit :
>
> > Anurag Varma wrote:
> > > aman.oracle.dba wrote:
> > > > Michel Cadot wrote:
> > > > > "aman.oracle.dba" <aman.oracle.dba@gmail.com> a =E9crit dans le m=
essage de news:
> > > > > 1167974188.705052.140810@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> > > > > | To apply patch 9.2.0.6 on 9.2.0.1.
> > > > > | Do we have to apply all patches between them means 1st 9.2.0.2 =
then
> > > > > | 9.2.0.3 then 9.2.0.4 then 9.2.0.5 and then 9.2.0.6. Or can I do=
 it
> > > > > | directly. on windows XP
> > > > > |
> > > > >
> > > > > Each patch/patchset comes with a readme file.
> > > > > Please read it before posting.
> > > > >
> > > > > Regards
> > > > > Michel Cadot
> > > > Please tell me the patch number to be applied on 9.2.0.1 to upgrade=
 it
> > > > to 9.2.0.4
> > >
> > > I've heard that patch number 42 is usually the answer to all problems!
> > >
> >
> > Not exactly a helpful reply eh?
>
> Well, the OP got the Help, the Jokes, and Everything  :-)

What was the joke?

0
johnbhurley (2707)
1/5/2007 7:37:51 PM
hpuxrac wrote:
> hasta_l3@hotmail.com wrote:
> > hpuxrac a =E9crit :
> >-snip-
> > > > I've heard that patch number 42 is usually the answer to all proble=
ms!
> > > >
> > >
> > > Not exactly a helpful reply eh?
> >
> > Well, the OP got the Help, the Jokes, and Everything  :-)
>
> What was the joke?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Answer_to_Life%2C_the_Universe%2C_and_Ever=
ything

Not that you'd find it a joke.. The OP wanted a number (which BTW you
never provided
also) ..=20

Cheers,

Anurag

0
avoracle (241)
1/5/2007 7:45:09 PM
hpuxrac a =E9crit :

> hasta_l3@hotmail.com wrote:
> > hpuxrac a =E9crit :
> >
> > > Anurag Varma wrote:
> > > > aman.oracle.dba wrote:
> > > > > Michel Cadot wrote:
> > > > > > "aman.oracle.dba" <aman.oracle.dba@gmail.com> a =E9crit dans le=
 message de news:
> > > > > > 1167974188.705052.140810@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> > > > > > | To apply patch 9.2.0.6 on 9.2.0.1.
> > > > > > | Do we have to apply all patches between them means 1st 9.2.0.=
2 then
> > > > > > | 9.2.0.3 then 9.2.0.4 then 9.2.0.5 and then 9.2.0.6. Or can I =
do it
> > > > > > | directly. on windows XP
> > > > > > |
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Each patch/patchset comes with a readme file.
> > > > > > Please read it before posting.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Regards
> > > > > > Michel Cadot
> > > > > Please tell me the patch number to be applied on 9.2.0.1 to upgra=
de it
> > > > > to 9.2.0.4
> > > >
> > > > I've heard that patch number 42 is usually the answer to all proble=
ms!
> > > >
> > >
> > > Not exactly a helpful reply eh?
> >
> > Well, the OP got the Help, the Jokes, and Everything  :-)
>
> What was the joke?

Haaaaa...   but 42 is the Ultimate Answer to the question of
Life, the Universe and Everything, in the Hitchhiker's Guide
to the Galaxy  -  the only trilogy in five parts on earth...

A mythical  masterpiece of nonsense :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hitchhiker%27s_Guide_to_the_Galaxy

0
hasta_l3 (160)
1/5/2007 7:51:41 PM
"hpuxrac" <johnbhurley@sbcglobal.net> a �crit dans le message de news: 1168023509.683299.71390@s80g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
|

<snip>

| Hope that helps.
|

I don't know if it helps but it surely leads/induces
people to not make the smallest effort to find an
answer to their question before posting.

Regards
Michel Cadot


0
Michel
1/5/2007 7:52:32 PM
hpuxrac wrote:

>>> Please tell me the patch number to be applied on 9.2.0.1 to upgrade it
>>> to 9.2.0.4
>> I've heard that patch number 42 is usually the answer to all problems!
>>
> 
> Not exactly a helpful reply eh?

An excellent reply. And if you don't believe me ... go to:
http://bofh.ntk.net/Bastard2.html
-- 
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington
damorgan@x.washington.edu
(replace x with u to respond)
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
www.psoug.org
0
damorgan3 (6326)
1/5/2007 8:11:58 PM
Anurag Varma wrote:
> aman.oracle.dba wrote:
> > Michel Cadot wrote:
> > > "aman.oracle.dba" <aman.oracle.dba@gmail.com> a =E9crit dans le messa=
ge de news:
> > > 1167974188.705052.140810@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> > > | To apply patch 9.2.0.6 on 9.2.0.1.
> > > | Do we have to apply all patches between them means 1st 9.2.0.2 then
> > > | 9.2.0.3 then 9.2.0.4 then 9.2.0.5 and then 9.2.0.6. Or can I do it
> > > | directly. on windows XP
> > > |
> > >
> > > Each patch/patchset comes with a readme file.
> > > Please read it before posting.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Michel Cadot
> > Please tell me the patch number to be applied on 9.2.0.1 to upgrade it
> > to 9.2.0.4
>
> I've heard that patch number 42 is usually the answer to all problems!
>=20
> Cheers
> Anurag

but only between the hours of 6 to 9.

0
Junk6218 (272)
1/5/2007 8:15:08 PM
Michel Cadot wrote:
> "hpuxrac" <johnbhurley@sbcglobal.net> a =E9crit dans le message de news: =
1168023509.683299.71390@s80g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> |
>
> <snip>
>
> | Hope that helps.
> |
>
> I don't know if it helps but it surely leads/induces
> people to not make the smallest effort to find an
> answer to their question before posting.
>=20
> Regards
> Michel Cadot

Whatever

0
johnbhurley (2707)
1/5/2007 8:27:15 PM
hpuxrac wrote:

>>>> I've heard that patch number 42 is usually the answer to all problems!
>>>>
>>> Not exactly a helpful reply eh?
>> Well, the OP got the Help, the Jokes, and Everything  :-)
> 
> What was the joke?

Don't they learn you nothin' down there in Texas? ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Answer_to_Life,_the_Universe,_and_Everything
-- 
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington
damorgan@x.washington.edu
(replace x with u to respond)
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
www.psoug.org
0
damorgan3 (6326)
1/5/2007 8:45:35 PM
"Anurag Varma" <avoracle@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:1168014584.067524.85040@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

aman.oracle.dba wrote:
> Michel Cadot wrote:
> > "aman.oracle.dba" <aman.oracle.dba@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de 
> > news:
> > 1167974188.705052.140810@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> > | To apply patch 9.2.0.6 on 9.2.0.1.
> > | Do we have to apply all patches between them means 1st 9.2.0.2 then
> > | 9.2.0.3 then 9.2.0.4 then 9.2.0.5 and then 9.2.0.6. Or can I do it
> > | directly. on windows XP
> > |
> >
> > Each patch/patchset comes with a readme file.
> > Please read it before posting.
> >
> > Regards
> > Michel Cadot
> Please tell me the patch number to be applied on 9.2.0.1 to upgrade it
> to 9.2.0.4

I've heard that patch number 42 is usually the answer to all problems!

Cheers
Anurag

http://tkyte.blogspot.com/2006/12/of-course-it-would-be-fun.html 


0
1/5/2007 8:54:01 PM
"K. Nielsen" <nahdsl232734@nahvip.cybercity.dk> wrote in message 
news:459ebae4$0$184$157c6196@dreader1.cybercity.dk...
>
> "Anurag Varma" <avoracle@gmail.com> wrote in message 
> news:1168014584.067524.85040@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>
> aman.oracle.dba wrote:
>> Michel Cadot wrote:
>> > "aman.oracle.dba" <aman.oracle.dba@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message 
>> > de news:
>> > 1167974188.705052.140810@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>> > | To apply patch 9.2.0.6 on 9.2.0.1.
>> > | Do we have to apply all patches between them means 1st 9.2.0.2 then
>> > | 9.2.0.3 then 9.2.0.4 then 9.2.0.5 and then 9.2.0.6. Or can I do it
>> > | directly. on windows XP
>> > |
>> >
>> > Each patch/patchset comes with a readme file.
>> > Please read it before posting.
>> >
>> > Regards
>> > Michel Cadot
>> Please tell me the patch number to be applied on 9.2.0.1 to upgrade it
>> to 9.2.0.4
>
> I've heard that patch number 42 is usually the answer to all problems!
>
> Cheers
> Anurag
>

Sorry this may  seem as if it came from Anurag which is not the case.
> http://tkyte.blogspot.com/2006/12/of-course-it-would-be-fun.html
> 


0
1/5/2007 8:59:20 PM
DA Morgan wrote:
> hpuxrac wrote:
>
> >>>> I've heard that patch number 42 is usually the answer to all problems!
> >>>>
> >>> Not exactly a helpful reply eh?
> >> Well, the OP got the Help, the Jokes, and Everything  :-)
> >
> > What was the joke?
>
> Don't they learn you nothin' down there in Texas? ;-)
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Answer_to_Life,_the_Universe,_and_Everything
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington
> damorgan@x.washington.edu
> (replace x with u to respond)
> Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
> www.psoug.org

Who the fuck is from Texas?

0
johnbhurley (2707)
1/6/2007 12:13:22 AM
K=2E Nielsen wrote:
> "K. Nielsen" <nahdsl232734@nahvip.cybercity.dk> wrote in message
> news:459ebae4$0$184$157c6196@dreader1.cybercity.dk...
> >
> > "Anurag Varma" <avoracle@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:1168014584.067524.85040@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> >
> > aman.oracle.dba wrote:
> >> Michel Cadot wrote:
> >> > "aman.oracle.dba" <aman.oracle.dba@gmail.com> a =E9crit dans le mess=
age
> >> > de news:
> >> > 1167974188.705052.140810@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> >> > | To apply patch 9.2.0.6 on 9.2.0.1.
> >> > | Do we have to apply all patches between them means 1st 9.2.0.2 then
> >> > | 9.2.0.3 then 9.2.0.4 then 9.2.0.5 and then 9.2.0.6. Or can I do it
> >> > | directly. on windows XP
> >> > |
> >> >
> >> > Each patch/patchset comes with a readme file.
> >> > Please read it before posting.
> >> >
> >> > Regards
> >> > Michel Cadot
> >> Please tell me the patch number to be applied on 9.2.0.1 to upgrade it
> >> to 9.2.0.4
> >
> > I've heard that patch number 42 is usually the answer to all problems!
> >
> > Cheers
> > Anurag
> >
>
> Sorry this may  seem as if it came from Anurag which is not the case.

Do you have anything useful to contribute to the question from the OP?

0
johnbhurley (2707)
1/6/2007 12:33:29 AM
Anurag Varma wrote:
> aman.oracle.dba wrote:
> > Michel Cadot wrote:
> > > "aman.oracle.dba" <aman.oracle.dba@gmail.com> a =E9crit dans le messa=
ge de news:
> > > 1167974188.705052.140810@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> > > | To apply patch 9.2.0.6 on 9.2.0.1.
> > > | Do we have to apply all patches between them means 1st 9.2.0.2 then
> > > | 9.2.0.3 then 9.2.0.4 then 9.2.0.5 and then 9.2.0.6. Or can I do it
> > > | directly. on windows XP
> > > |
> > >
> > > Each patch/patchset comes with a readme file.
> > > Please read it before posting.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Michel Cadot
> > Please tell me the patch number to be applied on 9.2.0.1 to upgrade it
> > to 9.2.0.4
>
> I've heard that patch number 42 is usually the answer to all problems!
>=20
> Cheers
> Anurag

Isn't 42 the mauve one? :))

0
vinnyop (63)
1/6/2007 1:07:11 AM
"hpuxrac" <johnbhurley@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message 
news:1168043609.010907.167620@38g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> Do you have anything useful to contribute to the question from the OP?

Sure - what about "Who the fuck is from Texas?"


0
1/6/2007 2:25:27 AM
"hpuxrac" <johnbhurley@sbcglobal.net> wrote in
news:1168043609.010907.167620@38g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: 

> 
> K. Nielsen wrote:
>> "K. Nielsen" <nahdsl232734@nahvip.cybercity.dk> wrote in message
>> news:459ebae4$0$184$157c6196@dreader1.cybercity.dk...
>> >
>> > "Anurag Varma" <avoracle@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > news:1168014584.067524.85040@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>> >
>> > aman.oracle.dba wrote:
>> >> Michel Cadot wrote:
>> >> > "aman.oracle.dba" <aman.oracle.dba@gmail.com> a �crit dans le
>> >> > mess 
> age
>> >> > de news:
>> >> > 1167974188.705052.140810@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>> >> > | To apply patch 9.2.0.6 on 9.2.0.1.
>> >> > | Do we have to apply all patches between them means 1st 9.2.0.2
>> >> > | then 9.2.0.3 then 9.2.0.4 then 9.2.0.5 and then 9.2.0.6. Or
>> >> > | can I do it directly. on windows XP
>> >> > |
>> >> >
>> >> > Each patch/patchset comes with a readme file.
>> >> > Please read it before posting.
>> >> >
>> >> > Regards
>> >> > Michel Cadot
>> >> Please tell me the patch number to be applied on 9.2.0.1 to
>> >> upgrade it to 9.2.0.4
>> >
>> > I've heard that patch number 42 is usually the answer to all
>> > problems! 
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> > Anurag
>> >
>>
>> Sorry this may  seem as if it came from Anurag which is not the case.
> 
> Do you have anything useful to contribute to the question from the OP?
> 

POT<==>KETTLE<==>BLACK
0
anacedent (475)
1/6/2007 6:43:30 PM
K. Nielsen wrote:
> "hpuxrac" <johnbhurley@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message 
> news:1168043609.010907.167620@38g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> 
>> Do you have anything useful to contribute to the question from the OP?
> 
> Sure - what about "Who the fuck is from Texas?"

That's different. You see on one hand other people are doing it. And
in this case John is doing it. I'm amazed you didn't see that in the
charter. ;-)
-- 
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington
damorgan@x.washington.edu
(replace x with u to respond)
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
www.psoug.org
0
damorgan3 (6326)
1/6/2007 7:47:24 PM
hpuxrac wrote:

> aman.oracle.dba wrote:
> 
>>To apply patch 9.2.0.6 on 9.2.0.1.
>>Do we have to apply all patches between them means 1st 9.2.0.2 then
>>9.2.0.3 then 9.2.0.4 then 9.2.0.5 and then 9.2.0.6. Or can I do it
>>directly. on windows XP
> 
> 
> Patchesets are cumulative.  If you put on 9.2.0.6 then anything prior
> is taken care of ( either the patchset includes the earlier fixes or
> supercedes them ).
> 
> Instead of 9.2.0.6 I would think of 9.2.0.8 it's more current and has
> been relatively stable at my shop.
> 
> You need an active oracle support contract to download patchsets and
> patches.  You do this via metalink ( oracle online support ) at
> www.oracle.com .  There's a built in search utility from the metalink
> Patches & Updates browser tab that let's you search and identify ( then
> download ) the ones you need.
> 
> Each has a readme file along with oracle note identifiers and you
> should take the time to research all of this information before even
> thinking about applying it to any systems.
> 
> Hope that helps.
> 
but why in the world would you upgrade to a version that is being desupported in 
6 months??? (9i - all versions are being desupported Jul-2007)


-- 
Michael Austin.
Database Consultant
0
maustin (1437)
1/6/2007 10:31:58 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Oracle server 9.2.0.1.0, Client 9.2.0.4.0, Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1
Hi Everybody, My Database server is running on Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1, And my Oracle version is 9.2.0.1.0. My Client mechine also Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1 , Oracle client version is 9.2.0.4.0. I am running a web application. Our application is in Magic edeveloper. I connect to Oracle using oracle gateway to my application. My Problem is my application is is becoming slow. I am not able to trace where the problem is. Before our application was running fine. recently i upgraded Oracle client version to 9.2.0.4.0. My Oracle client & server versions are different. I am getting error on my client mechine, it showing all memory address on the screen and the part of error is, arg register addr=83498cc .... Dump of memory from 0x83988c to 0x83499cc .... -- End of Call stack trace -- I am not able to trace where the problem is.Any insight please... Thanks, Ssreddy. ...

optimizer_features_enable difference between 9.2.0.1/9..2.0.3/9.2.0.6?
Hi, All, I noticed for this parameter optimizer_features_enable , oracle document says: Syntax OPTIMIZER_FEATURES_ENABLE = {8.0.0 | 8.0.3 | 8.0.4 | 8.0.5 | 8.0.6 | 8.0.7 | 8.1.0 | 8.1.3 | 8.1.4 | 8.1.5 | 8.1.6 | 8.1.7 | 9.0.0 | 9.0.1 | 9.2.0} I noticed when I keep it default to 9.2.0 in init.ora, in version 9.2.0.3 and 9.2.0.5 with exact same database and exact same init.ora, oracle CBO did choose different plan. So there is some difference between 9.2.0.X versioin for the CBO. Where can we get such information about the difference? Thanks On 12 Jul 2005 23:37:28 -0700, "chao_ping" <zhuchao@gmail.com> wrote: > So there is some difference between 9.2.0.X versioin for the CBO. >Where can we get such information about the difference? Usually such things are outlined either in the release notes or in the new features documents. Documents that obviously no one reads. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA "chao_ping" <zhuchao@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1121236648.759298.79320@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, All, > I noticed for this parameter optimizer_features_enable , oracle > document says: > Syntax > OPTIMIZER_FEATURES_ENABLE = {8.0.0 | 8.0.3 | 8.0.4 | 8.0.5 | 8.0.6 | > 8.0.7 | 8.1.0 | 8.1.3 | 8.1.4 | 8.1.5 | 8.1.6 | 8.1.7 | 9.0.0 | 9.0.1 | > 9.2.0} > > > I noticed when I keep it default to 9.2.0 in init.ora, in version > 9.2.0.3 and 9.2.0.5 with exact same database and...

upgrade from oracle 9.2.0.1.0 to 9.2.0.5.0
Hi, I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for window version 32 bits, does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step doing it. many thanks leehi leehi wrote: > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, Windows NT4? W2k? W2K3? W2K3 - Release 2? Why stop ot 9.2.0.5? > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. leehi wrote: > Hi, > > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, > > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. > > many thanks > > leehi Go to metalink.oracle.com (registration and Oracle support CSI required). Click on Patches and Updates tab. Wait for the whole screen to load. Use one of the search functions to find your patch (note the Quick Links if you are getting something common, like 9206 or 9207). When you finally get to your patch download, click on the readme (the piece-of-paper icon next to the download icon). Read all the instructions. It's a good idea to read the instructions every time you do it, even (or perhaps especially) when you are comfortable doing it. The readme is usually also included with the patch. Download and unzip the patch. Look at what is there in the patch, perhaps there are additional release notes. Look around on metalink for addition...

Moving a single instance 9.2.0.7 database to a clustered 9.2.0.6 database environment #2
HI, I have the following situation: We have Veritas cluster setup , and there are 2 solaris servers on which VCS is set up. On this set up we have about 8 databases all of which are 9.2.0.6 version. Now we have one stand alone solaris server, and it has a 9.2.0.7 database. This database is for a third party application -Clear Case & Clear Quest. Now it is required to move the single instance database to clustered environment. Since in the clustered environment we have 9.2.0.6 version, is it AT ALL POSSIBLE to move this database, which is 9.2.0.7 to that enviroment? I guess not, and in that case, what are the options? - since this is a packaged application , so should be contact the vendor and ask them whether we can downgrade the database to 9.2.0.6? - is that a valid option? Are there other options? (upgrading the existing 9.2.0.6 database to make all of them 9.2.0.7 is not allowed.) With thanks, Nirav ...

Upgrade from Oracle 9.2.0.1 to Oracle 9.2.0.3
Hello All, I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start again? Thanks Kumu Hello Kumu, What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you experience? You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your situation. New patches can introduce new problems as you can see, Regards, Ron DBA Infopower http://www.dbainfopower.com Standard disclaimer: http://www.dbainfopower.com/dbaip_advice_disclaimer.html "kumu" <forlist2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a44abd39.0402161837.6badb9ed@posting.google.com... > Hello All, > I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or > 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? > > Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying > 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start > again? > > Thanks > Kumu "Ron" <support@dbainfopower.com> wrote in message news:<QqWdnRM_cMiwWqzdRVn-vg@comcast.com>... > Hello Kumu, > > What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you > experience? > > You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your > situation. > > New patches can introduce new...

upgrate from 9.2.0.1.0 to 9.2.0.7.0
how to upgrade.... storm pixie wrote: > how to upgrade.... You grab the upgrade download and install it. Or you re-install from a complete base version. No rocket science, just follow the instructions. On 17 May 2006 17:55:59 -0700, "storm pixie" <amit.dba@gmail.com> wrote: >how to upgrade.... go to metalink download patch. find readme.html in the patch dowloaded follow test on non-production system first when it doubt, re-read the readme. ........ We run Oracle 9iR2,10gR1/2 on RH4/RH3 remove NSPAM to email Download patch or request a cd from oracle supp check the current installation. follow the instruction as the readme file. install the latest jvm patches for OEM. Please take note Oracle Workspace is only 9.2.0.5. You can always log a tar in metalink for support Download patch or request a cd from oracle supp check the current installation. follow the instruction as the readme file. install the latest jvm patches for OEM. Please take note Oracle Workspace is only 9.2.0.5. You can always log a tar in metalink for support ...

Oracle9i DB 9.2, Oracle9i DS 9.0.2, Oracle9i AS 1.0.2.2.1(Forms, Reports) on Fedora Core 1
I have installed Oracle9i DB 9.2, Oracle9i DS 9.0.2, Oracle9i AS 1.0.2.2.1(Forms6i, Reports6i) on Fedora Core 1 the 8th November 2003. All is running OK. Denis ALEXANDRE Assistant Manager, Banque Saradar France http://www.alexnet.fr/ P.S. I am using Oracle and Unix to create an Integrated Banking System since 1987. This banking system is installed in more than 25 other banks. alex@alexnet.fr wrote: > I have installed > Oracle9i DB 9.2, Oracle9i DS 9.0.2, Oracle9i AS 1.0.2.2.1(Forms6i, Reports6i) > on Fedora Core 1 > the 8th November 2003. All is running OK. > > Denis ALEXANDRE > Assistant Manager, Banque Saradar France > http://www.alexnet.fr/ > > P.S. I am using Oracle and Unix to create an Integrated Banking System since 1987. > This banking system is installed in more than 25 other banks. > > Great - after this coming out in the open, do you care to explain how you installed Portal Rel 1 in a 9.2 instance? -- Regards, Frank van Bortel Frank wrote: > alex@alexnet.fr wrote: > >> I have installed >> Oracle9i DB 9.2, Oracle9i DS 9.0.2, Oracle9i AS 1.0.2.2.1(Forms6i, >> Reports6i) >> on Fedora Core 1 >> the 8th November 2003. All is running OK. >> >> Denis ALEXANDRE >> Assistant Manager, Banque Saradar France >> http://www.alexnet.fr/ >> >> P.S. I am using Oracle and Unix to create an Integrated Banking System >> since 1987. >...

help:How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7
How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 1-what scripts are to be used 2-Where i can find these scripts. Thnks. You can't. You can use lower version export to export higher version database. The other way around has never been possible. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA You probably have Oracle 9.2.0.1 running somewhere right, perhaps on another machine ? Set your ORACLE_HOME to 9.2.0.1 then export through sqlnet: exp username/pwd @9207instance Now you'll use the 9.2.0.1 export utility; this should work. "shahsyed" <shahsyed@gmail.com> schreef in bericht . > How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 > > 1-what scripts are to be used > 2-Where i can find these scripts. > > Thnks. Hi, I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is possible?? Thanks Alok. On 9 Aug 2005 22:05:49 -0700, alok.behria@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, > > I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is >possible?? > >Thanks >Alok. Oracle is backwards compatible provided you have the definition of backwards compatible correct. You can connect (again) *lower version client* to a *higher version database* The other way around has nothing to do with backwards compatible, though it usually works, *with the exception of export/import, AS DOCUMENTED* (but I guess no one ever reads the docs) -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Hi, ...

Linux: Oracle9i DB 9.2, Oracle9i DS 9.0.2, Oracle9i AS 1.0.2.2.1(Forms, Reports) on Fedora Core 1
I have installed with Philippe ALEXANDRE on a laptop Oracle9i DB 9.2, Oracle9i DS 9.0.2, Oracle9i AS 1.0.2.2.1(Forms6i, Reports6i) on Fedora Core 1 the 8th November 2003. All is running OK. Denis ALEXANDRE Assistant Manager, Banque Saradar France http://www.alexnet.fr/ P.S. I am using Oracle and Unix to create an Integrated Banking System since 1987. This banking system is installed in more than 25 other banks. ...

Moving a single instance 9.2.0.7 database to a clustered 9.2.0.6 database environment
HI, I have the following situation: We have Veritas cluster setup , and there are 2 solaris servers on which VCS is set up. On this set up we have about 8 databases all of which are 9.2.0.6 version. Now we have one stand alone solaris server, and it has a 9.2.0.7 database. This database is for a third party application -Clear Case & Clear Quest. Now it is required to move the single instance database to clustered environment. Since in the clustered environment we have 9.2.0.6 version, is it AT ALL POSSIBLE to move this database, which is 9.2.0.7 to that enviroment? I guess not, and in that case, what are the options? - since this is a packaged application , so should be contact the vendor and ask them whether we can downgrade the database to 9.2.0.6? - is that a valid option? Are there other options? (upgrading the existing 9.2.0.6 database to make all of them 9.2.0.7 is not allowed.) Again thanks a lot for the kind help.. Nirav nirav wrote: > HI, > > I have the following situation: > > We have Veritas cluster setup , and there are 2 solaris servers on > which VCS is set up. On this set up we have about 8 databases all of > which are 9.2.0.6 version. > > Now we have one stand alone solaris server, and it has a 9.2.0.7 > database. This database is for a third party application -Clear Case & > Clear Quest. > > Now it is required to move the single instance database to clustered > environment. > > Since in the cl...

restoring 9.2.0.6 datafiles with 9.2.0.7 Oracle
Hello Is there potential problem ? we want to use old datafiles in 9.2.0.6 with a patched oracle in 9.2.0.7... Thank you nonor wrote: > Hello > > Is there potential problem ? we want to use old datafiles in 9.2.0.6 > with a patched oracle in 9.2.0.7... > > Thank you No, you don't want to do that. You want to solve some problem, for which you believe that to be the solution. What is the problem you are trying to solve? In answer to your question -- yes, I'd think there would be disasterous problems. So, again -- what is the problem you are trying to solve? nonor wrote: > Hello > > Is there potential problem ? we want to use old datafiles in 9.2.0.6 > with a patched oracle in 9.2.0.7... That really describes a usual step in applying the 9.2.0.7 patchset. The database files are still at ( whatever ) the old patch level was .... say 9.2.0.6. You have to use the patched oracle binaries to open the database. But then the next step should be to follow the steps in the 9.2.0.7 for patching existing databases ... startup migrate and run the script to move the database files up to 9.2.0.7 ... Is that what you are attempting to do? Have you read the readme ( installation instructions ) for the 9.2.0.7 patchset? ...

Where to get oracle patch 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5
I'm doing an install for work on a windows xp (32bit) development station. To mimik the production systems I need to install 9.2.0.1.0 and then the patches for 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5. I've installed 9.2.0.1 and I have a disk for the patches but it is corrupted. Where can I get these patches? I've tried google to no avail. Thanks in advance! On 29 Jun 2006 15:13:24 -0700, "David.E.M....@gmail.com" <David.E.Murphy@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm doing an install for work on a windows xp (32bit) development >station. To mimik the production systems I need to install 9.2.0.1.0 >and then the patches for 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5. I've installed 9.2.0.1 >and I have a disk for the patches but it is corrupted. Where can I get >these patches? I've tried google to no avail. Thanks in advance! Patches are available on Metalink. And, yes, you need to have a paid support contract for that. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA David.E.M....@gmail.com wrote: > I'm doing an install for work on a windows xp (32bit) development > station. To mimik the production systems I need to install 9.2.0.1.0 > and then the patches for 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5. I've installed 9.2.0.1 > and I have a disk for the patches but it is corrupted. Where can I get > these patches? I've tried google to no avail. Thanks in advance! You get the patches from oracle http://www.oracle.com then go to the support link then metalink ... I&#...

int((9.2-9.0)*10) is 1, int((9.21-9.0)*10) is 2, why?
Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Feb 21 2008, 13:11:45) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on win32 The following line of code describes an funny question$B!'(B >>> int((9.2-9.0)*10) 1 >>> int((9.21-9.0)*10) 2 >>> int((9.1-9.0)*10) 0 >>> int((9.11-9.0)*10) 1 >>> int((8.2-8.0)*10) 1 >>> int((8.23-8.0)*10) 2 why? anybody can explain it? On Sep 5, 11:12 pm, bcm <bluecrysta...@gmail.com> wrote: > Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Feb 21 2008, 13:11:45) [MSC v.1310 32 bit > (Intel)] on win32 > The following line of code describes an funny que...

Install problems with Oracle installer 2.2 for Oracle 9i Client 9.2.0.1.0
Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong forum - I am an Oracle Newbie. Here are my computer specs : Windows 2003 - fully patch from Microsoft as of Sept 4th 2004 HP LP2000r 1 x 1,1 Gig Intel processor 1 GB RAM Hardware RAID 1, 12 GB with 8 GB freespace Clean install, no other programs. At first I tried running the Oracle installer program from the CD ROM and came up with the error that it could not find the javaw.exe program. I then tried installing and reinstalling several versions of java to no avail. Next I searched through groups.google and found the solution: 1. Copy the Oracle CD to the hard drive. I copied it to a subfolder directly to C:\Oracle9i 2. Change the file c:\oracle9i\install\ORAPARAM.INI to reflect the actual name of the directories listed in the install directories of the cd I just copied. I did this and next took out some "."s and put the absolute path to the java program and something called the "OUI_LOCATION". JRE_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdjre/13110a/1/DataFiles/Expanded OUI_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdoui/220120/1/DataFiles/Expanded Okay so good so far. This time the installer actually started. The problem occurs in the next few steps, when I click "next" (weiter in German) from the welcome screen- please understand if I translate something wrong here. Then I am shown the installation directory screen, where I select the default listed: Source : C:\Oracle...

Differences 9.2.0.1.0 to 9.2.0.5 with field types
We encounter following problem: Normally we are using 9.2.0.1.0 and we also have several views with union-statements. In these views the origing fields has been Integer type. We accepted that with creating of this views, the field types changed to float and we adjusted the end user program for that. Now a customer is using 9.2.0.5 and here the behaviour does not exists. The field type keeps Integer, And now we hve some problems again with the end user program. Of cause we have a solution in rewriting the view code, but we would like to test it on our side first. Therefore we checked on metalink for an update, but after downloading it tells us, that no update is necessary. This may be true, because we let run it on Windows 2000 or on Linux and the patches are for different OS. As I remeber for some Unix and Windows 2003 and cluster systems, what we do not have. Is it nevertheless possible to let run the patch on our machines, so that we can find out the incompatibilities? Thanks for any hint, Regards Nicolas ...

Error applying patch p3948480_9206 to Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 on Tru64
Hi all, I'm trying to apply Patch p3948480_9206 to Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 on Tru64 Alphaserver 5.1A. I have all the System Requirements (like Tru64 UNIX version 5.1A Patches). I stop the listener and dismount the database, but when I start the Installer of the patch p3948480_9206 appears this error: Checking swap space: 10 MB available, 150 MB required. Failed<< I have two swap partitions: The first one of 1GB and the second of 1.96GB.Total swap space is about 2.96GB and the available space is 97% !!!! How can I solve?? Thanks Have you had a previous failed installation... Oracle sometimes doesn't clear up used memory after a failed install which can cause problems like this. Are you able to reboot the server and try again..? Also run "ps -fu oracle" to see what other oracle processes are running. Matt ...

Connection from Oracle Developer Suite 10g 9.0.4.0.1 to Oracle DB 10g Release 10.1.0.2.0
Hi, I have installed Oracle DB 10g Release 10.1.0.2.0 on Windows XP. START->ALL PROGS->oracle-OraDb10g_home3 Location of TNSNAMES FILE: C:\oracle\product\10.1.0\db_3\NETWORK\ADMIN\TNSNAMES.ORA with two alias: 1)ORCL3 2) EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA I can logon to database via SQL*PLUS and I can log on to EM on the web as well using ORCL3. After that I installed Oracle Developer Suite 10g 9.0.4.0.1 to my the same computer. During installation it was not allowing me to install this suite to the same ORACLE home. I installed this in the following home: START->ALL PROGS->...

How to upgrade a DB from 9.2.0.1 to 9.2.0.7 ???
Dear all, I've just upgraded my Oracle software to version 9.2.0.7 because it corrects a bug found in 9.2.0.1. OK, now the bug disappeared... but .... Now I cannot use anymore IMP and EXP. I face the following error : ------------8<------------------8<------------------ C:\Temp>exp ME/password@database file=exp_file owner=ME Export: Release 9.2.0.7.0 - Production on Tue Oct 4 15:22:06 2005 Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved. Connected to: Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.7.0 - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.7.0 - Production Export done in WE8MSWIN1252 character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character set About to export specified users ... .. exporting pre-schema procedural objects and actions .. exporting foreign function library names for user ME .. exporting PUBLIC type synonyms .. exporting private type synonyms .. exporting object type definitions for user ME EXP-00008: ORACLE error 942 encountered ORA-00942: table or view does not exist EXP-00024: Export views not installed, please notify your DBA EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully ------------8<------------------8<------------------ I looked for upgrade scripts/tools/info and the like... localy and on the net (metalink, asktom, usenet, etc) without luck so far. I found CATEXP.SQL and CATPATCH.SQL in %ORA_HOME%\rdbms\admin, but can't tell wether this is for 9.2.0.1 or 9.2.0.7... ...

Patch 9.2.0.6.0 on AIX 5.2
Hi, I'm hearing/reading conflicting opinions regarding the stability/performance impact of the patch 9.2.0.6.0 on AIX 5.2. Can anyone confirm to me that it's actually working OK on AIX 5.2 ? We are currently running 9.2.0.5.0. Thanks Matthias "Matthias Hoys" <idmwarpzone_NOSPAM_@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4246b7ae$0$10344$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be... > Hi, > > I'm hearing/reading conflicting opinions regarding the > stability/performance impact of the patch 9.2.0.6.0 on AIX 5.2. Can anyone > confirm to me that it's actually working OK on AIX 5.2 ? We are currently > running 9.2.0.5.0. > > Thanks > Matthias > whats your source "Dave" <x@x.com> wrote in message news:Viz1e.6356$Ab.6202@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > > "Matthias Hoys" <idmwarpzone_NOSPAM_@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:4246b7ae$0$10344$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be... >> Hi, >> >> I'm hearing/reading conflicting opinions regarding the >> stability/performance impact of the patch 9.2.0.6.0 on AIX 5.2. Can >> anyone confirm to me that it's actually working OK on AIX 5.2 ? We are >> currently running 9.2.0.5.0. >> >> Thanks >> Matthias >> > > whats your source > A consultant at IBM who had a negative performance impact after the installation of the patch and recommends to stay on 9.2.0.5.0. I don't know al...

Installing patchset 9.2.0.8 on 9.2.0.1 error
The following running services need to be shutdown before continuing: Automatic Updates Background Intelligent Transfer Server COM+ Event System Cryptographic Services DCOM Server Process Launcher DHCP Client DNS Client Distributed Link Tracking Client Error Reporting Service Help and Support Messenger Network Connections Network Location Awareness(NLA) Remote Access Connection Manager Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Remote Registry Secondary Logon Server Shell Hardware Detection System Event Notification System Restore Service TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper Task Scheduler Telephony Terminal Services Themes WebClient Windows Audio Windows Management Instrumentation Windows Time Wireless Zero Configuration Workstation What should I do, while installing patchset 9.2.0.8 on WINDOWS XP, I am getting above error. "peter" <hhh.database@gmail.com> schreef in bericht news:1168424525.937552.232840@k58g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > The following running services need to be shutdown before continuing: > > Automatic Updates > Background Intelligent Transfer Server > COM+ Event System > Cryptographic Services > DCOM Server Process Launcher > DHCP Client > DNS Client > Distributed Link Tracking Client > Error Reporting Service > Help and Support > Messenger > Network Connections > Network Location Awareness(NLA) > Remote Access Connection Manager > Remote Procedure Call (RPC) > Remote Registry > Secondary Logon > Server ...

9.2.0.6 upgrade to 10.2.0.2
Hey all, I'm upgrading an instance from 9.2.0.6 to 10.2.0.2. I have a question about the critical patch updates. While preparing the 10.2.0.2 Oracle Home can I install the CPU patch before I run dbua? If so, do I still need to run catpatch after the upgrade? Or should you wait until after the database has been upgraded? tnx. On Apr 1, 1:18 pm, "Dave" <david.b...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hey all, > > I'm upgrading an instance from 9.2.0.6 to 10.2.0.2. I have a > question about the critical patch updates. While preparing the > 10.2.0.2 Oracle Home can I install the CPU patch before I run dbua? > If so, do I still need to run catpatch after the upgrade? Or should > you wait until after the database has been upgraded? > > tnx. I wouldn't run the CPU patch for 10.2 until you have your 9.2.0.6 database upgraded. David Fitzjarrell On Apr 1, 6:33 pm, "fitzjarr...@cox.net" <fitzjarr...@cox.net> wrote: > On Apr 1, 1:18 pm, "Dave" <david.b...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Hey all, > > > I'm upgrading an instance from 9.2.0.6 to 10.2.0.2. I have a > > question about the critical patch updates. While preparing the > > 10.2.0.2 Oracle Home can I install the CPU patch before I run dbua? > > If so, do I still need to run catpatch after the upgrade? Or should > > you wait until after the database has been upgraded? > > > tnx...

Firefox 2.0.0.2, 1.5.0.10 contrib. builds on Solaris10, Solaris8/9 are available #2
Please do NOT reply to this address. If you have any problems, feel free to send email to desktop dash discuss at opensolaris dot org Firefox 2.0.0.2, 1.5.0.10 contrib. builds on Solaris10, Solaris8/9 are now available on www.mozilla.com It's now much easier to get the latest contributed build on Solaris, just go to http://www.mozilla.com and click "Free Download" which would point you to the download page. Download Page ============== Firefox 2.0.0.2 http://www.mozilla.com (Click "Free Download") http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/2.0.0.2/releasenotes/#contribute...

Bind Errors
Recently migrated from 8.1.7 to 9i and my Oracle Reports are no longer working -- I am getting an ORA-01006 Bind Variable does not exist. Has anybody had any success running reports developed in 2.5 to run against 9.2.0.6.0? They are working on 9.2.0.1.0 but I am rushed for time - don't really have the resources to upgrade this and all the instances on it so quickly. ManChild wrote: > Recently migrated from 8.1.7 to 9i and my Oracle Reports are no longer > working -- I am getting an ORA-01006 Bind Variable does not exist. Has > anybody had any success running reports developed in 2.5 to run against > 9.2.0.6.0? They are working on 9.2.0.1.0 but I am rushed for time - > don't really have the resources to upgrade this and all the instances > on it so quickly. Apparently the concept of testing evaded your management. Did you check metalink? -- Daniel Morgan Puget Sound Oracle Users Group On 12 Sep 2006 14:48:48 -0700, "ManChild" <starritt@gmail.com> wrote: > >Recently migrated from 8.1.7 to 9i and my Oracle Reports are no longer >working -- I am getting an ORA-01006 Bind Variable does not exist. Has >anybody had any success running reports developed in 2.5 to run against >9.2.0.6.0? They are working on 9.2.0.1.0 but I am rushed for time - >don't really have the resources to upgrade this and all the instances >on it so quickly. Please answer the question when Reports 2....

[News] New Reviews of Tiny Core Linux 2.1, CDLinux 0.9.2, Live Linux Gaming 0.9.5, PCLinuxOS Minime 09.1
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1 Tiny Core Linux 2.1 ,----[ Quote ] | They say that good things come in small packages and so it is with Tiny Core | Linux, a diminutive but powerful distribution. TCL weighs in at an incredibly | petite 11MB when you download it. Yes, it really is that tiny. Tiny Core | Linux is based on Busybox, the Linux 2.6 kernel, JWM, Fltk and Tiny X. `---- http://desktoplinuxreviews.com/2009/07/01/tiny-core-linux-2-1/ CDLinux 0.9.2 Community Edition Review ,----[ Quote ] | Five weeks ago when I wrote an overview of Debris Linux I received a number | of requests to review other mini distributions from DistroWatch Weekly | readers. CDLinux is a minimalist distro from China which takes a different | approach to small. Rather than cram as many application as possible onto a | mini (3"/8cm) CD, the CDLinux Community Edition aims for excellent support of | half a dozen languages (Chinese, English, French, German, Japanese and | Russian), support for a wide variety of filesystems and excellent hardware | support, including CUPS and XSane for printers and scanners, all of which are | included in the 204MB iso. They also offer a "standard" edition, just 64MB in | size, which includes a basic Xfce desktop and almost no applications at all. | CDLinux "standard" does include popular rescue and admin tools, making it an | excellent choice for a recovery CD. Finally, the 25MB "mini" edition is | co...

Web resources about - apply patch 9.2.0.6 on 9.2.0.1. - comp.databases.oracle.server

Mark Zuckerberg Secretly Filmed For Documentary ‘Terms And Conditions May Apply’
Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg has a cameo role in Terms and Conditions May Apply , a documentary about Internet security and privacy ...

Apply - Facebook-Entwickler
To apply for the Preferred Marketing Developer Badge or additional qualifications beyond what you we...

The best features of the Nike+ Timeline integration and how developers should apply them to their own ...
Nike launched Facebook Timeline integration for the Nike+ Running app for iOS and Android this week. With the app, users can share their runs ...

The New Apply with Linkedin Button
Describes the implications of Linkedin's new Apply with Linkedin Button for the job application process.

Quora : Why didn't Quora apply to Y Combinator?
... It was started by smart, connected guys with a great idea. If your startup can't get real value out of Y Combinator, you shouldn't apply. UPDATE, ...

Video Zoom - Apply Zoom To Existing Videos, Crop on the App Store on iTunes
Get Video Zoom - Apply Zoom To Existing Videos, Crop on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Got an idea for a healthcare mobile app? Apply for a Rock Health grant. - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Read the article on opensource.com Got an idea for a healthcare mobile app? Apply for a Rock Health grant. Created by Libby Levi for opensource.com ...

How to Apply Eyeliner: Cat Eye Makeup - COVERGIRL - YouTube
Looking for cute makeup ideas? Learn how to apply the cat eye eyeliner with Paulina. It's a great eyeliner style for day and night looks. Look ...

Tunisia's new freedoms don't apply to all
The revolution in Tunisia brought free speech, but Samir Feriani is in jail for something he said, said Samir Ben Amor, one of his lawyers.

MI5 rules out spies with tattoos but ASIO invites inked-up job seekers to apply
The British intelligence agency says visible tattoos are unsuitable for covert work, but Australian spies are more open.

Resources last updated: 3/20/2016 12:36:05 AM