Change IP address on Oracle 9i Aplication Server 1.0.2.2.2a

Hello,

i'd like to know if is it possible to change IP address on win 2000
server and Oracle 9i Aplication Server 1.0.2.2.2a will work? It will be
painful to reinstall everything.

many thanks,

Oc.

0
ocean6840 (2)

Ocean wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i'd like to know if is it possible to change IP address on win 2000
> server and Oracle 9i Aplication Server 1.0.2.2.2a will work? It will be
> painful to reinstall everything.
>
> many thanks,
>
> Oc.

It's even more painful to change iAS 1.0.2.2.2a - believe me!
Can't remember how, but I've managed to do it once, and it
took far more time than re installation.

Don't change the address - why would you? You can probably
do some clever things with DNS.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...
Thanks for tip with DNS...it's not problem with installing ias but we
have some old oracle client applications from different company and all
this to set up will be painfull..

regards
 Tilen

0