Connecting to database from application server?

Hi,

I'm newbie to Oracle and need you help.

How can I start procedure from application server?
i.e. how to register my db in application server or what else is necessary
to do?

I would be very greatful for any tip.

Best regards,

kiwi2000 (1)

0
Frank
7/16/2007 6:09:28 PM

How to configure application server to connect to a two-node oracle RAC database
We have a java based application which will access the two node RAC database via the Orion Application Server. What should be done so that the Orion Application Server uses both the nodes to make connections? Right now the orion application server accesses the RAC database via the jdbc thin client where you have to specify the ip address of the database server and the listerner port and the instance name. If I do it this way then the application server just connects to the particular instance that I give it. Thanks Can you use the OCI driver? Regards, Steve I can use the OCI driver if it serves the purpose. Could you elaborate a bit more on how to configure it and where to do it? Thanks, Utpal The OCI driver uses the Oracle network configuration file (tnsnames.ora) on the client (application server, in this case) for connectivity definitions. This is where you can configure load balancing and failover options. An example is below... YOUR_DB_NAME = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = vip-node1)(PORT = 2484)) (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = vip-node2)(PORT = 2484)) (LOAD_BALANCE = yes) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = your_service_name) (FAILOVER_MODE = (TYPE = SELECT) (METHOD = BASIC) (RETRIES = 90) (DELAY = 5) ) ) ) Read up on the docs at tahiti.oracle.com, as they go into great detail as to the different configuration options. Regards, Steve ...

connect a database in remote server (can connect to the server via SSH)
Hi, All: My perl code need to connect to a database (MySQL) in remote server, and I can login that server via SSH. I am a new to perl, can anyone give me a hint how can I do that. Many thanks. Xiaoyu zhangxiaoyu912@gmail.com wrote: > My perl code need to connect to a database (MySQL) in remote server, > and I can login that server via SSH. You don't need to have ssh access to the remote database server in order to be able to connect to the database (at least if the database server is configured to wait for remote connections). > I am a new to perl, can anyone give me a hint h...

how to connect database and application servers
Hi anyone can explain me how to connect between database and application servers. both are linux servers. as per my knowledge listeners can do. is there any other tools needed like tcp/ip's. i know, we need web servrs tools to connect application and web server. like this do we need any other tools. thanks ...

Using the DBI to connect to an Oracle server w/o connecting to a database
I've searched for the answer to this problem and have not seen it (which suggests what the answer might be ;-) ). Is it possible to use DBI (and DBD::Oracle) to connect to an Oracle server without connecting to a database? This would be the DBI equivalent of: sqlplus /nolog SQL> connect user/passwd@database; or, more similarly: sqlplus /nolog @my.sql where my.sql might be: connect user/passwd@database; select ... etc. I'm thinking this is not possible, but I hope it is. Thanks. Quoth Tim <google@hoodfamily.org>: > I've searched for the answer to this problem and...

Username of a user connecting to a database via an application server
We have a J2EE application and we use Orion application server to connect to the database. All these connections to the database are made as a single user. Now it becomes difficult to find out what is the SID of a particular user because everyone connects as the same user. It becomes difficult to identify which user is doing what. Is there a way to overcome this. Thanks. picksdba wrote: > We have a J2EE application and we use Orion application server to > connect to the database. All these connections to the database are made > as a single user. Now it becomes difficult to find out what is the SID > of a particular user because everyone connects as the same user. > It becomes difficult to identify which user is doing what. > > Is there a way to overcome this. > > Thanks. See the dbs_application_info package. It is designed to allow the front-end program to post information on itself to the v$session dynamic performance view. It is often used to identify the real end user and application module being executed. HTH -- Mark D Powell -- On 27 Jul 2006, Utpal.Dhar@gmail.com wrote: > We have a J2EE application and we use Orion application server to > connect to the database. All these connections to the database are > made as a single user. Now it becomes difficult to find out what is > the SID of a particular user because everyone connects as the same > user. It becomes difficult to identify which user is doing what. > >...

SqlSpec

why do we need to shutdown database or application server to backup Oracle Home?
Dear Group, We are using Oracle 10g on Linux. While it is easy to understand we need to shutdown database to backup database files, I do not quite understand why do we need to shutdown database or oracle application server to backup Oracle Homes. It is my understanding that oracle processes will only read those files inside the Oracle home, but not writing to them, except log files. Any explanations will be highly appreciated. Thanks On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 17:52:16 -0700, cs3526 wrote: > While it is easy to understand we need to shutdown database to backup > database files, Reading books and manuals can sometimes be beneficial. -- Mladen Gogala http://mgogala.freehostia.com cs3526@yahoo.com wrote: > While it is easy to understand we need to shutdown database to backup > database files, I do not quite understand why do we need to shutdown > database or oracle application server to backup Oracle Homes. According to Tom Kyte, thou shalt not schedule unattended shutdowns. C. On 14 mar, 01:52, cs3...@yahoo.com wrote: > Dear Group, > > We are using Oracle 10g on Linux. > > While it is easy to understand we need to shutdown database to backup > database files, I do not quite understand why do we need to shutdown > database or oracle application server to backup Oracle Homes. > > It is my understanding that oracle processes will only read those > files inside the Oracle home, but not writing to them, except log > files. >...

Server to server = Server client to server?
For a server to server connection, is the connecting server considered as a client of the accepting server or is it not? I have the following classes: Connection <--- base class of the following two ClientConnection <--- client ServerConnection <--- server ServerClientConnection <--- server as a client of another server. But then I came across something that states "A client is anything connected to a server that is not another client". Comments please... Just remember! Server ( programm ) is always listening a connections!!! - wrote: &g...

Oracle databases on a server

How to connect from web server to Oracle server?
I am converting an applet from Sybase to Oracle and I haven't yet found information on how to accomplish the connect from the end-user's browser-running applet and the Oracle server. Our understanding is that the applet, running on end-users' PC's, can only connect to the web server which "served" the applet to the users' browsers. In our configuration, the Oracle server is a separate machine from the web server. Therefore it would appear that we will need to install some sort of middleware on the web server that will pass the Oracle traffic back and forth between the Oracle server and user's browser sessions. With the Sybase implementation we have been using the Sybase jConnect product, running on our web server, for this purpose. Will we also require such a middleware product with Oracle, and does Oracle offer such a product? Jim wrote: > I am converting an applet from Sybase to Oracle and I haven't yet > found information on how to accomplish the connect from the end-user's > browser-running applet and the Oracle server. > > Our understanding is that the applet, running on end-users' PC's, can > only connect to the web server which "served" the applet to the > users' browsers. > > In our configuration, the Oracle server is a separate machine from the > web server. Therefore it would appear that we will need to install > some sort of middleware on the web server that ...

What's a quick simple way to test Oracle connectivity between client and database server?
Gurus, Just learning Oracle. With help from a guru, installed 10g database on one server and 10g client on another. What's a quick simple way to test Oracle connectivity between these two servers at this point? -- Spin On Nov 1, 11:53=A0pm, "Spin" <S...@invalid.com> wrote: > Gurus, > > Just learning Oracle. =A0With help from a guru, installed 10g database on= one > server and 10g client on another. =A0What's a quick simple way to test Or= acle > connectivity between these two servers at this point? > > -- > Spin Try the tnsping utility: tnsping service_name The utility sends a message to listener specified by the tnsnames.ora file entry for the service_name listed on the command line and responds with ping type information. HTH -- Mark D Powell -- "Mark D Powell" <Mark.Powell@eds.com> wrote in message news:ce947e1a-0877-4e46-a638-91d48e92e403@u29g2000pro.googlegroups.com... On Nov 1, 11:53 pm, "Spin" <S...@invalid.com> wrote: Try the tnsping utility: tnsping service_name The utility sends a message to listener specified by the tnsnames.ora file entry for the service_name listed on the command line and responds with ping type information. HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Is service_name a placeholder for something or do I literally type "service_name"? Spin says... > "Mark D Powell" <Mark.Powell@eds.com> wrote in ...

oracle application server, ibm websphere, sun application server �T�̥i���i�H�@�Ӥ���O?

Exchanging databases from Silemaker Server to Filemaker Server
Hi All,=20 Here it is my (wannabe) solution:=20 A) One FM server 11A (Win Machine), on the local Intranet, few clients (6) = online=20 B) One FM Server 11B (Windows Server Machine), on remote server C) One MySQL server on the remote server D) 2 distinct Databases (filemaker 11 and PHP\MySQL) with exactly the same = structure (i.e fields and tables)=20 Users of FM database and MySQL database will be different, there will be no= overlapping or editing of the same record between the 2 databases FM Server 11B and MySQL server are on the same remote machine. What I would like to...

Oracle Application Server Internal Server Error
Hello, We are using OAS 9.0.4.1 run on AIX 5.3 with an Oracle 10.1.0.2 DB back end running on a seperate partition of the machine. The main application is developed in house on forms6 and migrated to forms9 a couple of years ago when we moved to AIX. Since the move we get an "Internal Server Error", in the web browser, occuring randomly when users try to login to the application. Through some investigation it appears as though the OC4J_BI_Forms service becomes unresponsive for a short period of time causing the web server request to time out. Users who are logged into the system can still work but no new users can get in. Has anybody else experienced this problem? Anybody got any ideas where to start looking? We have a TAR logged with Oracle but as usual they've said that they won't help us until we go to 9.0.4.3. Which we haven't been able to do as the patching process keeps failing. Any help would be appreciated. gnscon@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > We are using OAS 9.0.4.1 run on AIX 5.3 with an Oracle 10.1.0.2 DB > back end running on a seperate partition of the machine. The main > application is developed in house on forms6 and migrated to forms9 a > couple of years ago when we moved to AIX. Since the move we get an > "Internal Server Error", in the web browser, occuring randomly when > users try to login to the application. > > Through some investigation it appears as though the OC4J_BI_Forms > ser...

Establishing connection from Oracle Database to DB2 database
Hi, Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on the same. Waiting for reply. Its critical umeshchoudhary@gmail.com (U C) wrote in news:d06590c8.0504252348.71a5c6f8@posting.google.com: > Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database > oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on > the same. > > Waiting for reply. Its critical > use PERL between the two DBs. >Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database >oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on >the same. >Waiting for reply. Its critical http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:4406709207206#18830681837358 I have used this to example to connect to DB2. chet ...

tcl database connection for Oracle MySQL PostgreSQL Sybase "Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine" DB2 Interbase/Firebird SQLite Microsoft Access
Hello everyone, There are many people that are looking for/missing the support for their database within TCL. Somehow this was overlooked: http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/index.html It has native TCL API and supports most popular databases. One problem: It doesn't have production ready support on Windows, but for the lucky people who use Linux/Unix, it seems to be an excellent solution, while TDBC is being developed. One small correction, the TCL part of the db connection will work just fine on Windows connecting to sqlrelay running on Linux/Unix (which, in turn, can connect to the database running on Windows :) ). What doesn't have production ready support (according to developers) is sqlrelay running on Windows. ...

problem connecting to database on server
I've got problem with connecting to PROGERSS database, I've started AppServer amd configured sample database Sports2000 in Progress Explorer Tool and I can't connect to database using 4GL instructions Can You send me simple example in 4GL that solve my problem with connecting to database on server. Are you trying to connect to the database directly or are you trying t connect to the DB via the Appserver -- gcampbel 14 Years of Progres ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gcampbell's Profile: http://www.progresstalk.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=145 View this thread: http://www.progresstalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=7929 gcampbell <gcampbell.1gnu5a@progresstalk.com> wrote in message news:<gcampbell.1gnu5a@progresstalk.com>... > Are you trying to connect to the database directly or are you trying to > connect to the DB via the Appserver? I'm trying to Connect via the AppServer using 4GL instructions. I've already connected to AppServer, but I don't know how to connect to the database, do you have any examples or suggestions Best regards majster82 I hope I understand what it is you are trying to do.... You cannot directly connect your client to the database throug AppServer. The AppServer connects to the database. Your client in turn connects t the AppServer and then runs remote procedures on the AppServer tha perform the queries update...

SQL server replication from non-clustered database servers
Hello, Being a bit of a SQL Server novice, need some advice with the following situation. Server A and Server B have SQLServer 2000 based databases. The vendor of the application/system has implemented their own replication process to ensure the 2 databases are in sync. However, there is no clustering with virtual IP addresses implemented. So to an external client/db, it is 2 identical databases with the same name on 2 distinct servers. We need to develop an application that will reside on a networked server C and with SQLServer 2000 as well. While most of the tables in this database are self contained, around 10 tables will have to be mirror copies of the same tables from either Server A or Server B. Question, how do we implement subscription based replication on top of a redundant database, when no clustering is implemented? So, in essence, when Server A is alive, the database on Server C will periodically (or on change) replicate the 10 tables from Server A. When Server A is not alive, it needs to do same from server B. (When both server A and B are alive, it is acceptable to get data from either, since they are synchronized internally). Any alternate suggestions on achieving this functionality are welcome too. If SQL Server 2005 has some capabilities that may address this problem, that is a consideration as well. Thanks Pls take a look at Alternate Synchronization Partners in merge replication. On SQL Server 2005 you might consider peer-to-peer transactional repl...

Web resources about - Connecting to database from application server? - comp.databases.oracle.server

Patent application could see the Apple Watch calling 911 when it detects a heart-attack
A patent application describes how the Apple Watch and iPhone could work together to detect medical emergencies like a heart attack, and automatically ...

Donald Trump is causing a spike in naturalization applications among Latino immigrants
... report published today in the New York Times, Donald Trump’s overtly racist rhetoric against Latinos has led to a spike in naturalization applications ...

Google now accepting applications for open source Summer of Code 2016
... of selection. Our Student Manual provides lots of helpful advice to get you started on choosing an organization and crafting a great application". ...

Introducing Analytics for Google Cast Applications
... Engineer on the Google Cast Server Infrastructure Team As a Google Cast developer, you may be wondering how many devices access your application, ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 33% YoY
From the MBA: Refinance Applications Continue to Drop in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 3.3 percent from one week ...

PDF: Application essays by CPD superintendent finalists
C2E2, meet Kristin Cavallari and 20+ other things to do this weekend Breaking News News Local news Breaking News PDF: Application essays by CPD ...

Mortgage applications eke out gain
A growing divide in the mortgage market has emerged between refinance applications and those needed to purchase a home.

IDG Contributor Network: GoDaddy goes cloud, and throws in applications for good measure
GoDaddy is a funny beast. On the one hand the hosting business is huge, boasting 14 million customers worldwide and managing over 60 million ...

Want To Fly A Passenger Jet? JetBlue Is Now Taking Applications From Novice Pilots
Tired of the daily grind, and yearning to spend your work hours among the clouds, using a public address system to tell people to sit back, relax, ...