copy database from oracle 9 to 8.1.7

I am going to restore my PRD (8.1.7) to DEV (9).   In my PRD, I have a
full offline backup scheduled in db13 to a DDS-4 tape. With this tape,
I am going to restore PRD to my DEV.

1) Remove all the DEV filesystems
2) Create the PRD filesystems
3) the command used to restore is "brrestore -b
<coded_timestamp>.<fid> -m full". This file <coded_timestamp>.<fid> is
tied to the same one with what is shown in the DB13 log.
4) This will restore the complete PRD system. Problem  is that this
restored system is a 8.1.7. But the one in DEV is 9 therefore the
binary is different. Hence I need to upgrade this current copy to PRD
by
a. upgrade the cloned 8.1.7 database to 9.2.0 by running
@?/rdbms/admin/u0801070.sql
5) In note 592393, it wrote
"Switch from 8.1.7 to 9.x
            After the copy, you must execute all of the upgrade steps
described in the
       guide for upgrading to Oracle 9.x. "

Please advise.
0
yls177 (224)

yls177 wrote:
> I am going to restore my PRD (8.1.7) to DEV (9).   In my PRD, I have a
> full offline backup scheduled in db13 to a DDS-4 tape. With this tape,
> I am going to restore PRD to my DEV.
>
> 1) Remove all the DEV filesystems
> 2) Create the PRD filesystems
> 3) the command used to restore is "brrestore -b
> <coded_timestamp>.<fid> -m full". This file <coded_timestamp>.<fid> is
> tied to the same one with what is shown in the DB13 log.
> 4) This will restore the complete PRD system. Problem  is that this
> restored system is a 8.1.7. But the one in DEV is 9 therefore the
> binary is different. Hence I need to upgrade this current copy to PRD
> by
> a. upgrade the cloned 8.1.7 database to 9.2.0 by running
> @?/rdbms/admin/u0801070.sql
> 5) In note 592393, it wrote
> "Switch from 8.1.7 to 9.x
>             After the copy, you must execute all of the upgrade steps
> described in the
>        guide for upgrading to Oracle 9.x. "
>
> Please advise.

Er, what advise would you like? Do what you are told and follow the upgrade
steps described in the guide for upgrading to Oracle 9.x.

This all assumes that you use the same OS, of course.

Cheers,
Holger
0
holger.baer (411)
11/2/2004 5:03:35 PM
Holger Baer <holger.baer@science-computing.de> wrote in message news:<cm8el7$2fs$1@news.BelWue.DE>...
> yls177 wrote:
> > I am going to restore my PRD (8.1.7) to DEV (9).   In my PRD, I have a
> > full offline backup scheduled in db13 to a DDS-4 tape. With this tape,
> > I am going to restore PRD to my DEV.
> >
> > 1) Remove all the DEV filesystems
> > 2) Create the PRD filesystems
> > 3) the command used to restore is "brrestore -b
> > <coded_timestamp>.<fid> -m full". This file <coded_timestamp>.<fid> is
> > tied to the same one with what is shown in the DB13 log.
> > 4) This will restore the complete PRD system. Problem  is that this
> > restored system is a 8.1.7. But the one in DEV is 9 therefore the
> > binary is different. Hence I need to upgrade this current copy to PRD
> > by
> > a. upgrade the cloned 8.1.7 database to 9.2.0 by running
> > @?/rdbms/admin/u0801070.sql
> > 5) In note 592393, it wrote
> > "Switch from 8.1.7 to 9.x
> >             After the copy, you must execute all of the upgrade steps
> > described in the
> >        guide for upgrading to Oracle 9.x. "
> >
> > Please advise.
>
> Er, what advise would you like? Do what you are told and follow the upgrade
> steps described in the guide for upgrading to Oracle 9.x.
>
> This all assumes that you use the same OS, of course.
>
> Cheers,
> Holger

It's also worth noting that when upgrading fron 8i to 9i, there are
preparatory steps e.g checking for enough system tablespace space and
setting up rollback segments, that has to be done before begining the
upgrade - hence prior to the backup on the 8i system ...
0
neil8335 (7)
11/3/2004 10:24:21 AM
Neil Cudd wrote:
[...]

>>>Please advise.
>>
>>Er, what advise would you like? Do what you are told and follow the upgrade
>>steps described in the guide for upgrading to Oracle 9.x.
>>
>>This all assumes that you use the same OS, of course.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>Holger
>

> It's also worth noting that when upgrading fron 8i to 9i, there are
> preparatory steps e.g checking for enough system tablespace space and
> setting up rollback segments, that has to be done before begining the
> upgrade - hence prior to the backup on the 8i system ...

Sure. That's why I recommended to follow the steps in the Migration Guide.
OK, maybe I should have said that reading the Guide *prior* to any action
on behalf of the OP is in order, but then I also assume that when one is
aware that there is such a thing as a Migration Guide, one actively uses
the grey mass between one's ears and reads it.

Not how many people work, I realise ;-()

Cheers,

Holger
0
holger.baer (411)
11/3/2004 11:26:46 AM
Holger Baer <holger.baer@science-computing.de> wrote in message news:<cmaf9n$fc6$1@news.BelWue.DE>...
> Neil Cudd wrote:
> [...]
> >>
> >>Er, what advise would you like? Do what you are told and follow the upgrade
> >>steps described in the guide for upgrading to Oracle 9.x.
> >>
> >>This all assumes that you use the same OS, of course.
> >>
> >>Cheers,
> >>Holger
> >

> > It's also worth noting that when upgrading fron 8i to 9i, there are
> > preparatory steps e.g checking for enough system tablespace space and
> > setting up rollback segments, that has to be done before begining the
> > upgrade - hence prior to the backup on the 8i system ...
>
> Sure. That's why I recommended to follow the steps in the Migration Guide.
> OK, maybe I should have said that reading the Guide *prior* to any action
> on behalf of the OP is in order, but then I also assume that when one is
> aware that there is such a thing as a Migration Guide, one actively uses
> the grey mass between one's ears and reads it.
>
> Not how many people work, I realise ;-()
>
> Cheers,
>
> Holger

how about the below?

I have a SAP 4.6C on oracle 8.1.7, hpux 11.0 on system A. I have taken
a fbackup of all the necessary filesystems. Now, if on system B, hpux
11.0, with the same newly created filesystems, will a frecover gives
exactly the same system A?
0
yls177 (224)
11/10/2004 4:02:44 AM
yls177@hotmail.com (yls177) wrote in message news:<c06e4d68.0411092002.55c00c35@posting.google.com>...
> Holger Baer <holger.baer@science-computing.de> wrote in message news:<cmaf9n$fc6$1@news.BelWue.DE>...
> > Neil Cudd wrote:
> > [...]
> > >

> > > It's also worth noting that when upgrading fron 8i to 9i, there are
> > > preparatory steps e.g checking for enough system tablespace space and
> > > setting up rollback segments, that has to be done before begining the
> > > upgrade - hence prior to the backup on the 8i system ...
> >
> > Sure. That's why I recommended to follow the steps in the Migration Guide.
> > OK, maybe I should have said that reading the Guide *prior* to any action
> > on behalf of the OP is in order, but then I also assume that when one is
> > aware that there is such a thing as a Migration Guide, one actively uses
> > the grey mass between one's ears and reads it.
> >
> > Not how many people work, I realise ;-()
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Holger
>
> how about the below?
>
> I have a SAP 4.6C on oracle 8.1.7, hpux 11.0 on system A. I have taken
> a fbackup of all the necessary filesystems. Now, if on system B, hpux
> 11.0, with the same newly created filesystems, will a frecover gives
> exactly the same system A?

Just follow up the recommendations by Holger, and don't try to 'experiment'
You'll need to read that migration guide anyway.
If you don't want to read the migration guide, then don't ask advise.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA

Using Oracle Developer with Oracle 8.1.7 database
Hi. I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. Is it possible to connect to such an "old" database with the current versions or Oracle Developer Suite? Thank you, El DoDo march...@units.it wrote: > Hi. > > I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I > can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to > connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. > Is it possible to connect to such an "old" database with the current > versions or Oracle Developer Suite? > > Thank you, > El DoDo 9i client is backward compatable to 8i. However, 10g is only backwards compatable to certain 8i patchset. I can connect from 10g client to 8.1.7.4.1 but not to 8.1.7.0. Not sure about the in between patchsets as I don't have them. Regards /Rauf marchesa@units.it wrote: > Hi. > > I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I > can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to > connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. > Is it possible to connect to such an "old" database with the current > versions or Oracle Developer Suite? > > Thank you, > El DoDo Yes. Make sure you have patched the 8i database to make it as current as possible. -- Daniel A. Morgan...

Patching Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 to Oracle 8.1.7.4.1
Hello, my configuration is Windows 2K Server SP4 and Oracle 8.1.7.0.0. Where can i find a patch to upgrade to Oracle 8.1.7.4.1 Many thanks for your attention -- Sitta many thanks!!!! Have a nice work "Rauf Sarwar" <rs_arwar@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1106137485.286119.307110@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > > Sitta Davide wrote: >> Hello, >> my configuration is >> >> Windows 2K Server SP4 and Oracle 8.1.7.0.0. >> >> Where can i find a patch to upgrade to Oracle 8.1.7.4.1 >> >> >> Many thanks for your attention >> >> -- >> >> Sitta > > http://metalink.oracle.com > > Regards > /Rauf > ...

How to install oracle 8.1.7 database on linux 9
Hi, I want to install oracle 8i database on linux 9 or 8.I am beginner regarding using Linux. Could some one send me the steps to perform the installation of oracle 8i on linux 9 or 8. thanks faraz Oracle 8i has been desupported almost a year from now. If you don't want to read the installation manual this should be able to help you out http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle9i.shtml (which you could have found by a little Googling) -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA Here on that forum I need information regarding installation of 8i on linux 9i. please inform me how should I install 8i on linux ? Thanks Faraz sybrandb@yahoo.com wrote: > Oracle 8i has been desupported almost a year from now. > If you don't want to read the installation manual this should be able > to help you out > > http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle9i.shtml > > (which you could have found by a little Googling) > > -- > > Sybrand Bakker > Senior Oracle DBA On 11 Oct 2005 01:14:04 -0700, "AHM" <r4656@hotmail.com> wrote: >Here on that forum I need information regarding installation of 8i on > linux 9i. > >please inform me how should I install 8i on linux ? > >Thanks > >Faraz Faraz, To install 8.1.7 is useless and you are wasting your time. Apart from that, assuming you have access to OTN, do you have any problem reading the installation manual, or is that asked too much? -- Sybrand Bakker, Seni...

Running ORACLE 8.1.7 & ORACLE 9.2 on the same UNIX server
Hi, I have recently installed ORACLE 9.2 Database on a UNIX server (2.8) which already has ORACLE 8.1.7. They have both a different SID and ORACLE_BASE. However I am having to use the ORACLE 8 listener for both ORACLE databases. Is it possible to run separate ORACLE 8 and ORACLE 9 listeners? Hello, There are no difficulty to use 2 listeners on the same machine. The point is that default listener used to listen on port 1521 (or 1526). You will have to change your listener configuration( netasst or by hand) in order to use a different port number, a different listener name and communicate it to your users for their tnsnames.ora. LSNR8I = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS= (PROTOCOL= TCP)(Host= machine)(Port= 1110)) ) Generally what I do is to create 1 listener per Oracle Version. After that, for starting listeners you'll have to launch lsnrctl start LSNR8I ou lsnrctl start LSNR9I I am used to name listeners with different names since 8i because you have the autoregistration stuff and with 2 listeners with the same name, you are not sure on which the database will register (or using le local_listener init parm). Regs, Olivier jonathan.johnston@bt.com (Jonathan Johnston) wrote in message news:<5e07fa5.0406080037.67d595a9@posting.google.com>... > Hi, > > I have recently installed ORACLE 9.2 Database on a UNIX server (2.8) > which already has ORACLE 8.1.7. They have both a different SID and > ...

Oracle 8.1.7 32-Bit to Oracle 8.1.7 64-Bit
Hi I would much appreciate help We have a 150-200GB database on Oracle 8.1.7 which resides on a HP-UX 32-bit machine. We are upgrading the HP-UX machine to 64-Bit. Is the only way of extracting/inmporting the data via the exp/imp utitlity due to the change in bits? Is there any other way? Thanks Bob Bob wrote: > Hi I would much appreciate help > > We have a 150-200GB database on Oracle 8.1.7 which resides on a HP-UX > 32-bit machine. We are upgrading the HP-UX machine to 64-Bit. Hi, a) Do you want to upgrade Oracle-Software from 32bit to 64bit? On Solaris, I know 32bit Oracle-Software runs also on 64bit Solaris, but I don't know about HP-UX. b) If you want or have to switch to Oracle 64 bit, then use can use the new 64bit oracle software on the "old" database, but you have to recompile all PL/SQL-procedures, no more. No exp/imp is necessary. - install 64bit Oracle-Software in a new $ORACLE_HOME - switch all environments to 64bit oracle and use it now - sqlplus "/ as sysdba" sql> startup restrict sql> @?/rdbms/admin/utlirp; sql> shutdown immediate sql> startup sql> @?/rdbms/admin/utlrp; sql> exit; --> ready! Eberhard Eberhard Niendorf <eberhard.niendorf_schrott@t-online.de> wrote in message news:<cnt89j$uor$05$1@news.t-online.com>... > Bob wrote: > > > Hi I would much appreciate help > > > > We have a 150-200GB database on Oracle 8.1.7 which resid...

Connecting to Oracle 8.0.4 Database using 8.1.7 client
I am installing an SAP application server, and would like it to be as clean as possible. Is it possible to use Oracle 8.1.7 client software to communicate with an 8.0.4 database on the SAP Central and Database instance. TIA Chris Kernaghan aka BoobBoo On 7 Jan 2003 04:41:39 -0800, chris_kernaghan@hotmail.com (Chris) wrote: >I am installing an SAP application server, and would like it to be as >clean as possible. > >Is it possible to use Oracle 8.1.7 client software to communicate with >an 8.0.4 database on the SAP Central and Database instance. > >TIA > >Chris Kernaghan > >aka > >BoobBoo It is not guaranteed to work, as you are connecting from a higher version client and 8.0.4 has been desupported in the previous century Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address From what others have said, I must be missing something... You can certainly do it, provided you connect with SQL*Net and have the LISTENER.ORA defined so that it actually starts the 804 server for your connection (it'll be the default if you're using an 804 listener). That sure works here on VMS, and that kind of things are usually platform independant. If you connect bequeath, then yes, you may have some problems, but it may work well up to a certain point. Corrections and additions welcome -- Syltrem http://pages.infinit.net/syltrem (OpenVMS related web site - en fran�ais) To reply to myself directly, rem...

Connecting to Oracle 8.0.4 Database using 8.1.7 client software
I am installing an SAP application server, and would like it to be as clean as possible. Is it possible to use Oracle 8.1.7 client software to communicate with an 8.0.4 database on the SAP Central and Database instance. TIA Chris Kernaghan ...

Is Oracle 8.1.7 database obselete?
Hi, Is Oracle 8.1.7 obselete? There are companies usiung oracle 8.1.7 as a database.What should they do regarding that. Are they continue using 8.1.7 or theu upgrade to newer version. Lee On 15 Oct 2005 22:50:23 -0700, "Lee" <pklalee@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Is Oracle 8.1.7 obselete? >There are companies usiung oracle 8.1.7 as a database.What should they >do regarding that. Are they continue using 8.1.7 or theu upgrade to >newer version. > >Lee Since Oracle 8i there have been 2 new major releases: Oracle 9i and Oracle 10G. The terminal release of Oracle 9i is Oracle 9.2. Oracle 8i has been desupported on December 31, 2004. If they have no compelling reasons not to upgrade (ie their 3rd party vendor still doesn't support Oracle 9i, more than 2 years after it's release, or Oracle 10g), they should upgrade. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 22:50:23 -0700, Lee interested us by writing: > Hi, > > Is Oracle 8.1.7 obselete? Yes. > There are companies usiung oracle 8.1.7 as a database.What should they > do regarding that. Are they continue using 8.1.7 or theu upgrade to > newer version. Depends. If they want to have support from Oracle, they upgrade as soon as possible. If they don't care about support, they may stay with the old version. Then they ask their questions here and get told they should upgrade. Then they ge...

ODMA_RBS Error while upgrade Oracle 8.1.7 to Oracle 9.2
Hi all, I am trying to upgrade Oracle 8.1.7 to Oracle 9.2 using database upgrade assistant and while doing that I am getting error at final Step 4 after clicking the Finish button error msg is "90MB of Free disk space not available at D:\ORACLE9\oradata\Datenbank to create the "ODMA_RBS" tablespace for rollback undo mode duting upgrade.Provide the required free disk space on the disk" Althoug there are 51 GB of disk space available. I don't know why is it giving this error! OS is Windows 2003. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance, Dirk Hmmm...Hard to say...Prove to use that you're not crazy: Go to a dos prompt, go to C:\ and D:\ and do a DIR command post results (bytes free) and we'll belive you. Dirk Schulz wrote: > Hi all, > > I am trying to upgrade Oracle 8.1.7 to Oracle 9.2 using database upgrade > assistant and while doing that I am getting error at final Step 4 after > clicking the Finish button error msg is > "90MB of Free disk space not available at D:\ORACLE9\oradata\Datenbank to > create the "ODMA_RBS" tablespace for rollback undo mode duting > upgrade.Provide the required free disk space on the disk" > > Althoug there are 51 GB of disk space available. I don't know why is it > giving this error! OS is Windows 2003. > > Can anyone help? > > Thanks in advance, > > Dirk > > The 51GB is on E, not on D? Just to give an example? -- Regards, ...

Problem with ODBC-Access to Oracle 8.1.7 Database
Hi, we use ORACLE 8.1.7.0.0 Database on Linux-Server. The clients access to the database via ODBC. There are 2 clients W2K SP4. With ODBC-driver 8.1.7.0.0 both clients could access to the database but had problems with large cursors. Now we have updatet the ODBC-Driver to version 8.1.7.8.0 and only 1 client can access the server in the way we did it before. With the other client we have to write the schema-name and the tablename in uppercase to get access while this has no matter with the first client or a NT SP6-client. Has anybody any idea which property causes this behavior and how to solve it? Thanks to all regards, Hans Sauren ...

Access to Oracle database 8.1.7 via ODBC
Hye, I have this error message on a Windows 2000 server with IIS5 and an ASP page : Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' Driver can't be loaded, system error 126 I upgrade MDAC, but nothing is better. Where is the problem exactly ???????? Thanks for your help. "Yo Man" <yo@man.fr> wrote: >Hye, > >I have this error message on a Windows 2000 server with IIS5 and an ASP page >: >Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' >Driver can't be loaded, system error 126 > > >I upgrade MDAC, but nothing is better. > >Where is the problem exactly ???????? >Thanks for your help. > Can you connect directly using SqlPlus? Is your Oracle client correctly installed? Yes, sqlplus is ok. I install Oracle server, so Oracle Client is install too. I suspect an environment Oracle variable cause this problem. NLS_... or TNS_... ???? "Turkbear" <john.g@dot.spamfree.com> a �crit dans le message de news:hts5d01ajacu2mlccai1ab7f9ced6pqh8k@4ax.com... > "Yo Man" <yo@man.fr> wrote: > > >Hye, > > > >I have this error message on a Windows 2000 server with IIS5 and an ASP page > >: > >Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' > >Driver can't be loaded, system error 126 > > > > > >I upgrade MDAC, but nothing is better. > > > >Where is the problem exac...

Oracle Update 8.1.7.0.0 -> 8.1.7.4.1
I had to Update ORACLE 8.1.7.0.0 on a W2K Server ENGLISH (French Keyboard) to 8.1.7.4.1 Everything looks fine, the services were started - but in the Event Log I have a lot of errors of oradim.exe (.. can't read memory ..) and also when startin tools like sqlwplus.exe i get the same error. Any suggestions??? Please help me! Regards, Stephan buckenmaier@tka-presta.thyssenkrupp.com (Stephan@TKA-Presta) wrote in message news:<ba9d45ff.0401282332.127ac2f0@posting.google.com>... > I had to Update ORACLE 8.1.7.0.0 on a W2K Server ENGLISH (French > Keyboard) to 8.1.7.4.1 > Everything looks fine, the services were started - but in the Event > Log I have a lot of errors of oradim.exe (.. can't read memory ..) and > also when startin tools like sqlwplus.exe i get the same error. > > Any suggestions??? > Please help me! > > Regards, > Stephan No suggestions by anyone I am afraid, as your post provides nothing to work on apart form vague clues like 'lot of errors of oradim.exe' We need *exact* errors, not *paraphrased* ones. We didn't look over your shoulder when it happened, did we? Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA sybrandb@yahoo.com wrote in message news:<a1d154f4.0401290213.913f792@posting.google.com>... > buckenmaier@tka-presta.thyssenkrupp.com (Stephan@TKA-Presta) wrote in message news:<ba9d45ff.0401282332.127ac2f0@posting.google.com>... > > I had to Update ORACLE 8.1.7.0.0 on a W2K Server ENGLI...

Restoring Oracle 9.0.1 database from original files (server was rebuilt)
Here's my issue ... our database server was rebuilt but all the original files were backed up before the server was rebuilt. The server was shutdown correctly so I'm not worried about a bad shutdown but I've never done this before. It's on a Windows2000 box. I've reconfigured the server to the same way it was before, but I'm unsure which files and I should exclude and/or include to get the box running the way it was before. Can anyone point me in the right direction to an article that outlines how to do this? I'm more a developer than DBA, but I set up the original box and it ran great. Thanks, Joe On Mar 5, 7:01 pm, sandoval....@gmail.com wrote: > Here's my issue ... our database server was rebuilt but all the > original files were backed up before the server was rebuilt. The > server was shutdown correctly so I'm not worried about a bad shutdown > but I've never done this before. It's on a Windows2000 box. I've > reconfigured the server to the same way it was before, but I'm unsure > which files and I should exclude and/or include to get the box running > the way it was before. > > Can anyone point me in the right direction to an article that outlines > how to do this? I'm more a developer than DBA, but I set up the > original box and it ran great. > > Thanks, > Joe Define 'all the original files'. If these include your controlfiles you should be set, and ...

oracle database 9.2.0.8 32bit and windows server 2003 64bit
Hello! What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit database? Any suggestion? Regards - MJ On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA thx. I will check Uzytkownik "sybrandb" <sybrandb@gmail.com> napisal w wiadomosci news:b5d54371-bf21-439b-85c3-ae21dafc21be@3g2000yqk.googlegroups.com... On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA On Apr 15, 5:16=A0am, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on &g...

Upgrading Oracle 8.1.7.2 to 8.1.7.4
Can somebody help me with the processof upgrading the Oracle Database server from 8.1.7.2 to 8.1.7.4 ? Thanks, Ram. ***************************************** * This message was posted via http://www.oraclemonster.com * * Report spam or abuse by clicking the following URL: * http://www.oraclemonster.com/Uwe/Abuse.aspx?aid=73db04a468ad4c33876f738804693df2 ***************************************** "Ramanujam Paravastu via OracleMonster.com" <forum@OracleMonster.com> a �crit dans le message de news:73db04a468ad4c33876f738804693df2@OracleMonster.com... > Can somebody help me with the processof upgrading the Oracle Database server from 8.1.7.2 to 8.1.7.4 ? > > Thanks, > > Ram. > > ***************************************** > * This message was posted via http://www.oraclemonster.com > * > * Report spam or abuse by clicking the following URL: > * http://www.oraclemonster.com/Uwe/Abuse.aspx?aid=73db04a468ad4c33876f738804693df2 > ***************************************** Just follow the instructions in the README.html file you get with your patchset. -- Regards Michel Cadot I found the patch for UNIX systems, I would like to know the patch for Windows NT/2000 systems Please. Thanks. ***************************************** * A copy of the whole thread can be found at: * http://www.oraclemonster.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/oracle-misc/2776 * * Report spam or abuse by clicking the fo...

Hello, I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? So, what is the correct syntax ? Thanks for your help Cyril "Cyril" <jewelk@free.fr> wrote in message news:cd38c3d6.0408100617.6f7b9f3e@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. > > Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? > So, what is the correct syntax ? > > > Thanks for your help > &...

how to install oracle 8.1.7 on unixware 7.1.1
hi, i like to know how to install oracle 8.1.7 on unixware 7.1.1? it need any patches?.if so mail me to--snaren_dba@yahoo.com -- Posted via http://dbforums.com I use oracle 817 on a unixware 711 with maintenance pack 3. I only had problems with tmp free space during installation, if you don't have a big tmp volume try to link Oracle install directory outside. Greetings. snaren_dba <member32299@dbforums.com> wrote in message news:<3143890.1058980488@dbforums.com>... > hi, > i like to know how to install oracle 8.1.7 on unixware 7.1.1? it need > a...

Oracle 8.1.7 on Mandrake 9.1 install problems
I've been trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 on a fresh Mandrake 9.1 O.S for days, but I'm still not able to get it running. I've tried several install instructions that I found on the internet but no luck yet. Here is a short description of what I did so far: 1. I installed the jdk118_v3-glibc-2.1.3.tar in the /usr/local/ dir and made a symbolic link from /usr/local/java to this 2. I installed all the necessary groups and users (oracle, oinstall, dba) 3. I edited the .bashrc file of the oracle user. You can find this file at the bottom of this message. 4. I installed oracle, choosing the enterprise edition - typical configuration 5. During the linking phase a lot of errors occurred which I ignored 6. After the installation I untarred the glibc-2.1.3-stubs.tar.gz from the Oracle-website and ran the setup_stubs.sh-script as oracle user. When it got to the "Rebuilding client shared library"-part there were some errors: --- Rebuilding client shared library.../usr/local/oracle/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/lib/libn8.a(ntpa.o)(.text+0x17): In function `ntpaini': : undefined reference to `ntcontab' /usr/local/oracle/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/lib/libn8.a(ntpa.o)(.text+0xa6): In function `ntpaini': : undefined reference to `ntcontab' /usr/local/oracle/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/lib/libn8.a(nau.o)(.text+0x185a): In function `nau_gettab': : undefined reference to `nautab' /usr/local/oracle/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/lib/lib...

upgrading Oracle RDBMS 8.1.7.0 to 8.1.7.4 on Win XP
Hi, I try to upgrade Oracle 8.1.7.0 to 8.1.7.4 on Win XP Pro SP1 but Oracle Universal Installer (1.7.1.10.1) fails in the beginning on the installation: "Certain files which need to be reinstalled by Oracle Universal Installer are being used by one more running services. The following services need to be shutdown before continuing:" <here is list of almost all services!> How can I solve the problem? Piotr Piotr Wozniak wrote: > Hi, > I try to upgrade Oracle 8.1.7.0 to 8.1.7.4 on Win XP Pro SP1 > but Oracle Universal Installer (1.7.1.10.1) fails in the beginning > on the installation: > "Certain files which need to be reinstalled by Oracle Universal Installer > are being used by one more running services. The following services > need to be shutdown before continuing:" > > <here is list of almost all services!> > > How can I solve the problem? > Piotr Make sure no Oracle Services runs in the system. U need to shutdown all the services before u can do an install... :) HTH -- Cheers Ganesh Raja ganesh.raja@nospam.mantas.com <Remove nospam to Mail> piotr.wozniak@cs.put.poznan.pl (Piotr Wozniak) wrote in message news:<94e73320.0408310541.74cd2b1a@posting.google.com>... > Hi, > I try to upgrade Oracle 8.1.7.0 to 8.1.7.4 on Win XP Pro SP1 > but Oracle Universal Installer (1.7.1.10.1) fails in the beginning > on the installation: > "Certain files which need to be reinst...

help:How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7
How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 1-what scripts are to be used 2-Where i can find these scripts. Thnks. You can't. You can use lower version export to export higher version database. The other way around has never been possible. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA You probably have Oracle 9.2.0.1 running somewhere right, perhaps on another machine ? Set your ORACLE_HOME to 9.2.0.1 then export through sqlnet: exp username/pwd @9207instance Now you'll use the 9.2.0.1 export utility; this should work. "shahsyed" <shahsyed@gmail.com> schreef in bericht . > How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 > > 1-what scripts are to be used > 2-Where i can find these scripts. > > Thnks. Hi, I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is possible?? Thanks Alok. On 9 Aug 2005 22:05:49 -0700, alok.behria@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, > > I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is >possible?? > >Thanks >Alok. Oracle is backwards compatible provided you have the definition of backwards compatible correct. You can connect (again) *lower version client* to a *higher version database* The other way around has nothing to do with backwards compatible, though it usually works, *with the exception of export/import, AS DOCUMENTED* (but I guess no one ever reads the docs) -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Hi, ...

Oracle Client 8.1.7 vs Client 9.1.2 and SQL
I have been given some conflicting information concerning 8.1.7 and 9.1.2 Clients and SQL queries. How does an 8.1.7 client pointing to 9i database cope with 9i (or higher) queries sent from a client application? Is there are relationship between client and SQL code? hello Pavle, 8.1.7 client talks to 9.2 and 8.1.7 database. 9.2 client talks to 9.2 and 8.1.7 database. The second option is perhaps preferable; for obvious reasons; but not required. And SQLcode is not downward compatible; has no relation to the client. Cheers, Roelof Schierbeek; DBA <pavle_sturma@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht ... > I have been given some conflicting information concerning 8.1.7 and > 9.1.2 Clients and SQL queries. > > How does an 8.1.7 client pointing to 9i database cope with 9i (or > higher) queries sent from a client application? > > Is there are relationship between client and SQL code? ...

Web resources about - copy database from oracle 9 to 8.1.7 - comp.databases.oracle.server