copying a database from one machine to another

Hello,

We migrating from a 300G machine to one with 2.2T in RAID5.

Oracle10g has been installed on the new machine.

What is the best way to copy/clone the databases in old machine to the
new one ?

Thx

0
rva_ec (5)

missoula wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We migrating from a 300G machine to one with 2.2T in RAID5.
>
> Oracle10g has been installed on the new machine.
>
> What is the best way to copy/clone the databases in old machine to the
> new one ?
>
> Thx

Transportable tablespaces is one way.

But RAID5? Sure hope you aren't the one who is going to lose evenings
and weekends doing the tuning if things are slow.
--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org
On 14 Dec 2005 11:27:15 -0800, "missoula" <rva_ec@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>We migrating from a 300G machine to one with 2.2T in RAID5.
>
>Oracle10g has been installed on the new machine.
>
>What is the best way to copy/clone the databases in old machine to the
>new one ?
>
>Thx

rman duplicate database

RAID5 for 2.2T database looks BAD to me.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
0

Thx,

-Vijay

0
rva_ec (5)
12/15/2005 9:23:40 PM
Missoula wrote:

>Oracle10g has been installed on the new machine.

>What is the best way to copy/clone the databases in old machine to the
>new one ?

Has 10g been installed on the old machine?  What sort of time window do
you have to do this?

May be best to export and import after creating a new db, if the old
one has a lot of deferred maintenance.

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.