Copying Oracle 10.2.0.4 Database to 11.2

Hi,

We have an SAP system (ECC6.0) running on Oracle 10.2.0.4 on Solaris
5.9 in, say, servera.

We are looking to copy it, and rename its Oracle SID,  to a Solaris
5.10 server (serverb)
running Oracle 11.2.

The tentative plan is as follows:

(i) Install SAP/Oracle 11.2 on serverb.
(ii) Copy a cold backup of the servera database from tapes to serverb.
(iii) Rename the database to the new SID using "Create controlfile set
database....".
(iv) Run the SAP tool that upgrades Oracle to 11.2 so that the
database is upgraded (Skip the
part that install the Oracle binaries). SAP documentation indicates
that this step works.

My question is on step #(iii).

On 11.2, will the "Create controlfile" command work if the database is
10g?

Thanks,
QZ

In article <2e5d62d9-0155-4ab2-9c55-dff6c8ecc0f2@k3g2000vbz.googlegroups.com>,
if_investor@yahoo.com <basis_consultant@hotmail.com> wrote:
>We have an SAP system (ECC6.0) running on Oracle 10.2.0.4 on Solaris
>5.9 in, say, servera.
>
>We are looking to copy it, and rename its Oracle SID,  to a Solaris
>5.10 server (serverb)
>running Oracle 11.2.

Why rename the SID?

>The tentative plan is as follows:
>
>(i) Install SAP/Oracle 11.2 on serverb.
>(ii) Copy a cold backup of the servera database from tapes to serverb.
>(iii) Rename the database to the new SID using "Create controlfile set
>database....".
>(iv) Run the SAP tool that upgrades Oracle to 11.2 so that the
>database is upgraded (Skip the
>part that install the Oracle binaries). SAP documentation indicates
>that this step works.

Why not restore the cold backup of serverA to serverB and
then upgrade SAP and Oracle on serverB?

John
groenveld@acm.org
0
groenvel (550)
8/8/2011 3:59:16 PM
On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 07:13:28 -0700, if_investor@yahoo.com wrote:

> On 11.2, will the "Create controlfile" command work if the database is
> 10g?
>

> Thanks,
> QZ

Oh my god! May He have mercy on your soul and help you not to lose your
job. There are so many misconceptions above that it would take days to
rectify them. I just did a very complex upgrade of RAC 9.2.0.8 to RAC
11.2.0.2, with moving from RH AS 2.1 to RH 4.8 at the same time and I
know what I am talking about.
First, you don't need "create controlfile" to rename instance. You just
need to rename init file and the environment variable. Second, if you are
copying from backup, then you shouldn't have the target database running.
Third, SAP will be down during upgrade. SAP tools should not be used to
upgrade database, unless of course, the "backup" you're talking about is
a full export. Database upgrades are usually done by using dbua not SAP
tools. In the case of full export, you don't need to re-create the
control file or change the instance name. My advice is to do a dry run or
two. This sounds like a DBA 2.0 trying to do a serious job. May the force
be with you, my young padawan.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com
0

Copy Oracle 10.2.0.4 Database from Sun Sparc 5.9 to Sun Sparc 5.10?
Hi, We would like to copy a cold backup of an Oracle 10.2.0.4 database running on Sun Sparc 5.9 to a Sun Sparc 5.10 server. We intend to use a standard copy procedure (Copy datafiles, use "Create controlfile..." etc..). Will this work? Any links to Oracle documentation on this will be appreciated. Thanks, QZ ...

Oracle server 9.2.0.1.0, Client 9.2.0.4.0, Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1
Hi Everybody, My Database server is running on Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1, And my Oracle version is 9.2.0.1.0. My Client mechine also Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1 , Oracle client version is 9.2.0.4.0. I am running a web application. Our application is in Magic edeveloper. I connect to Oracle using oracle gateway to my application. My Problem is my application is is becoming slow. I am not able to trace where the problem is. Before our application was running fine. recently i upgraded Oracle client version to 9.2.0.4.0. My Oracle client & server versions are different. I am getting error on my client mechine, it showing all memory address on the screen and the part of error is, arg register addr=83498cc .... Dump of memory from 0x83988c to 0x83499cc .... -- End of Call stack trace -- I am not able to trace where the problem is.Any insight please... Thanks, Ssreddy. ...

Comparisons Oracle 11.1.0.7 to Oracle 10.2.0.4
I have made some performance comparison tests on test computers and it has turned out that the Oracle 11 databases are in general slower compared to the Oracle 10 databases by 10 to 30%. The databases are running on Windows Vista and Windows 2003 64 Bit. We hope that the release 2 of Oracle 11 gives some enhancements because in general there are not many advantages regarding new features useable for us. Has someone made similar comparison results? Arne Ortlinghaus ACS Data Systems On Oct 22, 5:37=A0am, "Arne Ortlinghaus" <Arne.Ortlingh...@acs.it> wrote: snip > I have made some performance comparison tests on test computers and it ha= s > turned out that the Oracle 11 databases are in general slower compared to > the Oracle 10 databases by 10 to 30%. The databases are running on Window= s > Vista and Windows 2003 64 Bit. We hope that the release 2 of Oracle 11 gi= ves > some enhancements because in general there are not many advantages regard= ing > new features useable for us. > > Has someone made similar comparison results? That has not been the case for us but we are running on Linux 64 bit systems. When you say "on test computers" that makes me nervous. One has to be very careful to get identical environments. One has to look very carefully at oracle settings between the environments. On Oct 22, 5:37=A0am, "Arne Ortlinghaus" <Arne.Ortlingh...@acs.it> wrote: > I have made some performance...

Rolling upgrade from oracle RAC 10.2.0.4 to 11.2.0.1
Has anyone done a rolling upgrade of oracle RAC 10.2.0.4 to 11.2.0.1. Recently I was trying to upgrade a 2 node RAC using logical standby database and evertime it is failing at upgrade of cluster. Hven't found any useful doc in metalink or internet. Will be very helpful if someone who has done this can provide a direction to me. Thanks ...

Copy Database From Ora 10.1.0.5 to 10.2.0.2
Hi, We have a database named, say, DB1 running on a Win2003 server with Ora 10.1.0.5. We need to copy DB1 to another server running on Win2003 with Ora 10.2.0.2. (Neither are production databases). I know how to copy the database, recreate the control file, etc.. My question is what subsequent steps I need to take after the database has been copied, the control file created, and the database opened, given that I am copying a database from an Ora 10.1.0.5 server to an Ora 10.2.0.2 one. Thanks, DF copy all db file... datafile, controlfile, redo and upgrade.... (read the manual...) I don't athink you need to recreate controlfile if_investor@yahoo.com ha scritto: > Hi, > > We have a database named, say, DB1 running on a Win2003 server with > Ora 10.1.0.5. > We need to copy DB1 to another server running on Win2003 with Ora > 10.2.0.2. > (Neither are production databases). > > I know how to copy the database, recreate the control file, etc.. > > My question is what subsequent steps I need to take after the database > has been copied, > the control file created, and the database opened, given that I am > copying a database from > an Ora 10.1.0.5 server to an Ora 10.2.0.2 one. > > > > Thanks, > DF "if_investor@yahoo.com" <basis_consultant@hotmail.com> wrote in news:97ca144b-9c19-4cf5-9c07-d5089b0a4954@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com: > Hi, > > We have a database named, say, DB1 runn...

Problems installing 10.2.0.2 patchset to a 10.2.0.1 database
I am trying to install the latest patchset to my 10gR2 database. When i double click on setup.exe nothing visable happens. The process is launched and according to Windows Task manager is taking up 50% of my CPU. The process just sits there spinning away and nothing happens. I have shutdown, using Service Control Manager, all Oracle services including databases, listeners and DBConsoles Any ideas? <kevin.aide@intergraph.com> schreef in bericht news:1159977988.501508.164590@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I am trying to install the latest patchset to my 10gR2 database. When > i double click on setup.exe nothing visable happens. The process is > launched and according to Windows Task manager is taking up 50% of my > CPU. The process just sits there spinning away and nothing happens. > > I have shutdown, using Service Control Manager, all Oracle services > including databases, listeners and DBConsoles > > Any ideas? > Sometimes it helps when you do not use the setup.exe in the root of your installation, but the one in the install directory. Reboot before patching might help too. Has to do with conflicting javaw.exe versions or something like that. You're not on VMWare, are you? Robbert van der Hoorn OSA it BV The Netherlands Robbert, I only have one setup.exe and there is no install directory. At the top level I have a stage directory and three html files and the setup.exe. I am not using VMWare and I have tried reb...

Connection from Oracle Developer Suite 10g 9.0.4.0.1 to Oracle DB 10g Release 10.1.0.2.0
Hi, I have installed Oracle DB 10g Release 10.1.0.2.0 on Windows XP. START->ALL PROGS->oracle-OraDb10g_home3 Location of TNSNAMES FILE: C:\oracle\product\10.1.0\db_3\NETWORK\ADMIN\TNSNAMES.ORA with two alias: 1)ORCL3 2) EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA I can logon to database via SQL*PLUS and I can log on to EM on the web as well using ORCL3. After that I installed Oracle Developer Suite 10g 9.0.4.0.1 to my the same computer. During installation it was not allowing me to install this suite to the same ORACLE home. I installed this in the following home: START->ALL PROGS->...

Install problems with Oracle installer 2.2 for Oracle 9i Client 9.2.0.1.0
Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong forum - I am an Oracle Newbie. Here are my computer specs : Windows 2003 - fully patch from Microsoft as of Sept 4th 2004 HP LP2000r 1 x 1,1 Gig Intel processor 1 GB RAM Hardware RAID 1, 12 GB with 8 GB freespace Clean install, no other programs. At first I tried running the Oracle installer program from the CD ROM and came up with the error that it could not find the javaw.exe program. I then tried installing and reinstalling several versions of java to no avail. Next I searched through groups.google and found the solution: 1. Copy the Oracle CD to the hard drive. I copied it to a subfolder directly to C:\Oracle9i 2. Change the file c:\oracle9i\install\ORAPARAM.INI to reflect the actual name of the directories listed in the install directories of the cd I just copied. I did this and next took out some "."s and put the absolute path to the java program and something called the "OUI_LOCATION". JRE_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdjre/13110a/1/DataFiles/Expanded OUI_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdoui/220120/1/DataFiles/Expanded Okay so good so far. This time the installer actually started. The problem occurs in the next few steps, when I click "next" (weiter in German) from the welcome screen- please understand if I translate something wrong here. Then I am shown the installation directory screen, where I select the default listed: Source : C:\Oracle...

Moving a single instance 9.2.0.7 database to a clustered 9.2.0.6 database environment #2
HI, I have the following situation: We have Veritas cluster setup , and there are 2 solaris servers on which VCS is set up. On this set up we have about 8 databases all of which are 9.2.0.6 version. Now we have one stand alone solaris server, and it has a 9.2.0.7 database. This database is for a third party application -Clear Case & Clear Quest. Now it is required to move the single instance database to clustered environment. Since in the clustered environment we have 9.2.0.6 version, is it AT ALL POSSIBLE to move this database, which is 9.2.0.7 to that enviroment? I guess not, and in that case, what are the options? - since this is a packaged application , so should be contact the vendor and ask them whether we can downgrade the database to 9.2.0.6? - is that a valid option? Are there other options? (upgrading the existing 9.2.0.6 database to make all of them 9.2.0.7 is not allowed.) With thanks, Nirav ...

Oracle 9.2 vs. Oracle 9.2.0.4.
I'm using SDK 1.4.2_03 either with an Oracle 9.2 or an Oracle 9.2.0.4 client version. The 9.2 version behaves as expected. My problem only occurs with the 9.2.0.4. version. If I try to process the ResultSet of database query and the selected column data includes leading blanks, the 9.2.0.4 seems to trim these leading blanks. Is this behaviour known or am I doing something wrong ? <code snippet> ResultSet result = null; Connection con = null; Statement stmt = null; Vector vec = new Vector(); try { con = DriverManager.getConnection(dbUrl, dbUser, dbPassword); stmt = con.createStatement(); result = stmt.executeQuery("SELECT DATA FROM CPTMESSAGEDATA";); while (result.next()) { vec.add(result.getString("DATA")); } con.close(); stmt.close(); } catch (SQLException e) { } </code snippet> CPTMessageData.DATA is of type VARCHAR2(50) not nullable with values like: " @20013 @E123 @G123 @ @ @ " " @3700167 @43186 @B50_300 @1 @20013 @1 @OK " Any help is appreciated. Alex ...

Oracle 10g 10.0.2 client, to connect oracle 8 server
Dear Group members, I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and 8i it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error <b> "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer supported." </b> Can i install, 2 or more version of oracle clients in same system, becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will infect my software .. process.. if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before installation .. What is the best oracle client software can suitable for most of the server's On Jul 27, 11:58=A0pm, ranganadh <ranganadhkod...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear Group members, > > =A0I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and > 8i > > it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. > when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error > > <b> =A0"ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer > supported." </b> > > Can i install, 2 or more =A0version of oracle clients in same system, > becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some > SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will > infect my software .. process.. > > if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, ...

Oracle 10g 10.0.2 client, to connect oracle 8 server
Dear Group members, I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and 8i it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error <b> "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer supported." </b> Can i install, 2 or more version of oracle clients in same system, becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will infect my software .. process.. if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before installation .. What is the best oracle client software can suitable for most of the server's > I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and > 8i > > it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. > when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error > > <b> "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer > supported." </b> > > > Can i install, 2 or more version of oracle clients in same system, > becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some > SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will > infect my software .. process.. Yes you can, I currently have 3 versions Oracle 8.0.4, Oracle 9.2 and Oracle 10.2 on my work PC. No problem. > > if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before > installation .. If yo...

Upgrading oracle db 10.1.0.5 to 10.2.0.2 java issues
Hi all, We are upgrading our oracle database from 10.1.0.5 to 10.2.0.2. has anyone had previous experience with this that they can point out potential pitfalls? I am talking more on the java side than actually the installation. We have a java system talking to the oracle database. One system is using hibernate, the other is using a DAO pattern with direct JDBC calls. Does anyone know if this change will effect the application and what changes we must do to accomadate? For example I know that oracle 10.2.0.2 has a different timestamp (oracle.timestamp) than that of it predecesor (sql.timestam...

Oracle 9i Release 2(9.2.0.4) on Slackware 10.1
Does anybody out there have had these experience in performing such an installation ... does anybody have a how-to ... or some hints ... ??? Please help me with this issue. || So many thanks in advance, looking forward to hear from you guys .. !! Oralinuxdba wrote: > Does anybody out there have had these experience in performing such an > installation ... does anybody have a how-to ... or some hints ... ??? > Please help me with this issue. || So many thanks in advance, looking > forward to hear from you guys .. !! > Issue? What issue? The issue of using a non-oracle-supported OS is easily addressed: switch to White Box Linux. -- Regards, Frank van Bortel What's "White Box Linux" .... ?? Oralinuxdba wrote: > What's "White Box Linux" .... ?? > What's slackware? I know shareware, hardware, vapourware, software, courseware,... -- Regards, Frank van Bortel White Box Linux is: " forked from the source code for Red Hat's _Red Hat Enterprise Linux_" See: http://www.whiteboxlinux.org/ and remember ... Google is you friend for "What is" questions...... Oralinuxdba wrote: > What's "White Box Linux" .... ?? What's google.com? Apparently this is some inane American game show? -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with 'u' to respond) DA Morgan wrote: > Oralinuxdba wrote: > >> What's "Whi...

Upgrade from Oracle 9.2.0.1 to Oracle 9.2.0.3
Hello All, I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start again? Thanks Kumu Hello Kumu, What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you experience? You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your situation. New patches can introduce new problems as you can see, Regards, Ron DBA Infopower http://www.dbainfopower.com Standard disclaimer: http://www.dbainfopower.com/dbaip_advice_disclaimer.html "kumu" <forlist2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a44abd39.0402161837.6badb9ed@posting.google.com... > Hello All, > I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or > 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? > > Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying > 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start > again? > > Thanks > Kumu "Ron" <support@dbainfopower.com> wrote in message news:<QqWdnRM_cMiwWqzdRVn-vg@comcast.com>... > Hello Kumu, > > What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you > experience? > > You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your > situation. > > New patches can introduce new...

TNS-12537 after starting listener after upgrade from 10.2.0.2. 10.2.0.4
Hello, I have upgraded 7 Unix Solaris 5.10 Boxes from 10.2.0.2 to 10.2.0.4 and applied recommend patches. All upgrades worked with the exception of one server. One server won't start the listener. I get the following: 35% lsnrctl start LSNRCTL for Solaris: Version 10.2.0.4.0 - Production on 11-AUG-2008 10:17:31 Copyright (c) 1991, 2007, Oracle. All rights reserved. Starting /oracle/BWD/102_64/bin/tnslsnr: please wait... TNS-12537: TNS:connection closed TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error TNS-00507: Connection closed Solaris Error: 29: Illegal seek I have searched google.com and the only thing I can find is related to Oracle 8 and Windows: add 127.0.0.1 localhost.(domain) localhost to /etc/hosts. I did this with no luck. I have two instances of Oracle on this one machine. One listener works, the other doesn't. I have done the following : cd $ORACLE_HOME/bin ../relink all then: cd $ORACLE_HOME/network/lib make -f ins_network.mk install make: Fatal error: Can't find `ins_network.mk': No such file or directory The port used by the listener is 1521 and netstat -an |grep 1521 reports port not in use. I've changed listener.ora with tracing and nothing seems obvious. trace_level_listener = 16 trace_file_listener = listener trace_timestamp_listener = on trace_filelen_listener = 100 trace_fileno_listener = 2 log_file_listener=listener -- Steve Comments embedded. On Aug 11, 9:34=A0am, sfa...@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, I have upgraded 7 ...

OpenVMS and Oracle 10.2.0.4.0
I've been told by Oracle that the terminal release patchset 10.2.0.4.0 will be available by the end of October AND that the Itanium 10.2 Grid Control agent will be available in the next couple of weeks. Can anyone confirm I'm not being spun the typical Oracle VMS yarn. I've had these messages in the past but nothing ever emerges. In article <fe2a785c-6541-4bf2-8bd1-8182138a32ed@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com>, heyesr@googlemail.com writes: >I've been told by Oracle that the terminal release patchset 10.2.0.4.0 >will be available by the end of October AND that the Ita...

oracle database 9.2.0.8 32bit and windows server 2003 64bit
Hello! What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit database? Any suggestion? Regards - MJ On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA thx. I will check Uzytkownik "sybrandb" <sybrandb@gmail.com> napisal w wiadomosci news:b5d54371-bf21-439b-85c3-ae21dafc21be@3g2000yqk.googlegroups.com... On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA On Apr 15, 5:16=A0am, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on &g...

Which OS patches to install on HP-UX 11i (11.11) for Oracle 9i R2 (9.2.0.4.0)?
Hi! I'd like to install Oracle 9iR2 (9.2.0.4.0) on a HP-UX 11.11 machine. Which operating system patches should I install? The documentation at <http://oracleheva1.oracle.com/docs/html/A96167_01/pre.htm#sthref108> only lists 11.00 patches. Sept. 2001 Quality Pack, PHCO_23792, PHCO_24148, PHKL_24268, PHKL_24729, PHKL_ 25475, PHKL_25525, PHNE_24715, PHSS_23670, PHSS_24301, PHSS_24303, PHSS_24627, PHSS_22868 Is there somewhere a more recent listing? Thanks a lot, Alexander Skwar -- He that bringeth a present, findeth the door open. -- Scottish proverb. You can install the latest gold maintenance patch from hp and you should be all set. hpuxrac <johnbhurley@sbcglobal.net>: > You can install the latest gold maintenance patch from hp and you > should be all set. Thanks! In the meantime, I found Doc ID: Note:169706.1 Subject: Oracle RDBMS on AIX,HP-UX,Solaris,Tru64,Linux,MacOSX: Versions, Sizes, Requirements Quick Reference And installed, what was listed there: PHCO_24402 s/b PHCO_25569 PHCO_28427 s/b PHCO_29029 s/b PHCO_31903 PHKL_25506 PHNE_27745 s/b PHNE_30580 (For RAC systems) PHNE_28568 s/b PHNE_30378 PHSS_26560 s/b PHSS_30966 PHSS_26946 PHSS_28849 Alexander Skwar -- The older a man gets, the farther he had to walk to school as a boy. ...

ADRCI in oracle 11.2.0.2
I issued "show alert" command and the result showed me that I need to clean things up: 2011-04-23 18:28:38.255000 -04:00 Starting ORACLE instance (normal) LICENSE_MAX_SESSION = 0 ...... I executed "purge -age 1440 -type alert" but nothing happened. The records in the alert file are still there from April the 23d. My understanding is that this is supposed to purge from alert log all records older than 1440 minutes (1 day)? This does work for cores and traces. -- http://mgogala.byethost5.com On Fri, 02 Sep 2011 13:35:40 +0000, Mladen Gogala wrote: > I issued "show alert" command and the result showed me that I need to > clean things up: > > 2011-04-23 18:28:38.255000 -04:00 > Starting ORACLE instance (normal) > LICENSE_MAX_SESSION = 0 > > ..... > > I executed "purge -age 1440 -type alert" but nothing happened. The > records in the alert file are still there from April the 23d. My > understanding is that this is supposed to purge from alert log all > records older than 1440 minutes (1 day)? This does work for cores and > traces. Manual purge (using vi) of log.xml and alert.log works like a charm. However, that's not what I expected from adrci. It seems that I will not yet give up my logrotate configuration. -- http://mgogala.byethost5.com On Sep 2, 7:54=C2=A0am, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Fri, 02 Sep 2011 13:35:40 +0000, Mladen Gogala wro...

[FAQ] Oracle Database FAQ #2 #2
Archive-name: databases/oracle-faq Posting-Frequency: monthly Version: 1.04 FAQ ABOUT THE ORACLE FAQ: ------------------------- The following topics are addressed in this FAQ: 1. Where is the Oracle FAQ located? 2. What is in the Oracle FAQ? 3. Who should use the Oracle FAQ? 4. Where can one post Oracle related questions? 5. How does one add information to the Oracle FAQ? 6. Can I add my own FAQ to the Oracle FAQ site? 7. Are there any translation projects for this FAQ? 8. Legal stuff 1) Where is the Oracle FAQ located? The Oracle FAQ is available on the Web at the following addresses: http://orafaq.cs.rmit.edu.au/ - Australia http://www.doag.org/orafaq/ - Germany http://www.orafaq.com/ - USA (St. Louis) http://www.orafaq.net/ - USA (Texas) http://www.orafaq.org/ - USA (Michigan) We recommend you select the site closest to you to prevent congestion on the Internet and overloading of any particular server. If one of the above servers is inaccessible, please use one of the other mirror sites. Take note of the last modification date on these sites (listed on the first page). Different sites refresh at different intervals, so check to ensure you are not reading an out-of-date version of this FAQ. 2) What is in the Oracle FAQ? The Oracle FAQ contains independent Oracle product related FAQs for DBAs and developers. The FAQ also contains scripts, white papers, news, jobs, forums, message boards, tips and training on Oracle...

Does 4/2/2= (4/2)/2 =1 OR = 4/(2/2)=4
I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 or 4/2/2 = 4/(2/2) = 4 On 9/11/2012 9:43 AM, sarah.englander@gmail.com wrote: > I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. > > Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 yes. At a given precedence level (and obviously two of the same operators are the same level) evaluation proceeds from LtoR. ....snip... <http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_prog/f0-40063.html#f0-38155> -- dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <k2njh1$jes$1@speranza.aioe.org>... > On 9/11/2012 9:43 AM, sarah.englander@gmail.com wrote: > > I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. > > > > Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 > > yes. At a given precedence level (and obviously two of the same > operators are the same level) evaluation proceeds from LtoR. > > ...snip... > > <http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_prog/f0-40063.html#f0-38155> > > -- There are a few thing you need to understand: 1. You need to get matlab in order to translate the simple code 2. You should define your parameters as in what is the expected output of your search based on the equations used: Is it : a) 4/2/2 b) (4/2/2) On 9/11/2012 11:13 PM, Salvinder wrote: .. > There are a few thing you need to understand: > 1. ...

Oracle 10.0.2.0 on HPUX 11.23
Ive tried to install the oracle enterprise database above a number of times on HPUX Itanium 11.23 It keeps failing at the same place with the same error, and for the life of me I dont know what it is: (It happens at about 82% of the Linking C/C++) Error in invoking target 'relink' of makefile '/oracle101/app/precomp/ lib/ins_precomp.mk' >From the install log: Start output from spawned process: ---------------------------------- Linking /oracle101/app/precomp/lib/proc cc: +DD64: No such file or directory *** Error exit code 1 Stop. End output from spawned process. ---------------------------------- Exception thrown from action: make Exception Name: MakefileException Exception String: Error in invoking target 'relink' of makefile '/ oracle101/app/precomp/lib/ins_precomp.mk'. See '/oracle101/ oraInventory/logs/installActions2007-03-16_11-20-58AM.log' for details. Exception Severity: 1 Exception handling set to prompt user with options to Retry Ignore User Choice: Retry The output of this make operation is also available at: '/oracle101/ app/install/make.log' >From make.log: /bin/make -f ins_precomp.mk relink ORACLE_HOME=/oracle101/app EXENAME=proc/Linking /oracle101/app/precomp/lib/proc cc: +DD64: No such file or directory *** Error exit code 1 On 16 mrt, 13:57, "bomahony" <bomah...@gmail.com> wrote: > Ive tried to install the oracle enterprise database above a number of > times on HPUX Itanium...

[ANN] gettext-2.0.4, gettext_activerecord-2.0.4, gettext_rails-2.0.4
Hi, Ruby-GetText-Package-2.0.4 and the families (gettext-2.0.4, gettext_activerecord-2.0.4 and gettext_rails-2.0.4) are now available. Ruby-GetText-Package is the library/tools for message localization. * gettext - Message localization libraries and tools for all kind of apps/libs. * gettext_activerecord - ActiveRecord Localization * gettext_rails - Rails support with gettext. Changes ------- == gettext-2.0.4 * Fix String#% return nil when the string have no place holders. [by okkez] * Update pofiles and remove old messages. * suppress some warnings on Ruby 1.9.x. [by Nobuhiro IMA...

Web resources about - Copying Oracle 10.2.0.4 Database to 11.2 - comp.databases.oracle.server