Coverting/Exporting Ms Access databases to Oracle 9i?

Hi, Guys

    How can I condense or convert access databases to oracle 9i?
I know you can import via comma delimited file, or text file but is there a
new method in converting access db to oracle?

Any insight would be great ??

Edward

Edward Ascencio wrote:
> Hi, Guys
>

>     How can I condense or convert access databases to oracle 9i?
> I know you can import via comma delimited file, or text file but is there a
> new method in converting access db to oracle?
>
> Any insight would be great ??

How about using ODBC from Access to Oracle.
Force object names to be all UPPER case in Oracle.

0
anacedent (475)
2/22/2004 7:05:52 PM
Ana C. Dent wrote:

> Edward Ascencio wrote:
>
>> Hi, Guys
>>

>>     How can I condense or convert access databases to oracle 9i?
>> I know you can import via comma delimited file, or text file but is
>> there a
>> new method in converting access db to oracle?
>>
>> Any insight would be great ??
>

> How about using ODBC from Access to Oracle.
> Force object names to be all UPPER case in Oracle.

Or you could set up a heterogeneous service via odbc for the access db,
create a dblink to the access db and do a "create table <oratable> as
select * from <accesstable>@<dblink>"

Thanks !!!

"Glen A Stromquist" <glen_stromquist@no_spam_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Ana C. Dent wrote:
>
> > Edward Ascencio wrote:
> >
> >> Hi, Guys
> >>

> >>     How can I condense or convert access databases to oracle 9i?
> >> I know you can import via comma delimited file, or text file but is
> >> there a
> >> new method in converting access db to oracle?
> >>
> >> Any insight would be great ??
> >

> > How about using ODBC from Access to Oracle.
> > Force object names to be all UPPER case in Oracle.
> >
> Or you could set up a heterogeneous service via odbc for the access db,
> create a dblink to the access db and do a "create table <oratable> as
> select * from <accesstable>@<dblink>"

How about using Oracle Migration Workbench?

"Edward Ascencio" <edward.associates@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<JD6_b.376167$xy6.1943811@attbi_s02>...
> Hi, Guys
>

>     How can I condense or convert access databases to oracle 9i?
> I know you can import via comma delimited file, or text file but is there a
> new method in converting access db to oracle?
>
> Any insight would be great ??
>
> Edward
0
andihp (4)