Database link to a MS SQL Server 2000

Hi NG,

we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server.

There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines
directly.

Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise?

thanx
abbas

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 00:13:02 +0200, "Abbas" <ar.newsgroup@web.de>
wrote:

>Hi NG,
>
>we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server.
>
>There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines
>directly.
>
>Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise?
>
>thanx
>abbas

Look into using Heterogeneous Services in your Net administrators
manual.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
0

Do as Sybrand told you, look at the Heterogenous services of Oracle.
Oracle even supports natively DRDA towards a DB2 z/OS mainframe,
and they also support SQL Server. They all end-up like a database link
with a totally quallified names in the "from" clause.

Be aware of that distributed joins between different DBMS systems
might cause huge performance problems, keep the functionality
when dealing with multiple DBMS systems simple, no distributed queries
pulling data from several distinct DBMS systems.

//Bjarke
0
bjarke (14)
6/11/2005 4:43:57 AM
Thank you very much for all the hints.

I need the link between the Oracle and SQL only to syncronize a few tables once a day. So I think there will not come up a
performance problem.

thanx again...

Regards,
Abbas