ddata integrity problem of Oracle 8.1.6 Standby Database

Hi ,

 I have an oracle 8.1.6 running on solaris platform. This database have a
standby DB of same version and OS platform for query or report generation.
At day time the standby DB is in read-only mode and the archived logs are
applied at night.

Last week, this production DB have a maintenance and  added 4 datafiles to
different tablespaces and this physical changes have been re-structed at the
standby DB also. The standby DB have been successfully recovered through the
archived logs and I can turn back it to read only mode the next for users to
query.

However, this week some users complained that their query report return "no
rows selected" for selecting the column A ( which is a unix timestamp) on  a
table named SERVICE . Then I checked it with simple query like below:

select columnB  from SERVICE where columnA = 10283848;

Table : SERVICE
 columnA                                            NUMBER(38)
 columnB                                            NUMBER(38)
 columnC                                            VARCHAR2(255)
 columnD                                            NUMBER(38)
 columnE                                            NUMBER(38)
 columnF                                            NUMBER(38)
 columnG                                            NUMBER(38)

It  returned " no rows selected"  ONLY if the timestamp number ( columnA ) I
choosed was after the day of prod DB maintenance. And I found that not only
columnA , but also all the columns with datatype NUMBER(38) got this problem

If  I tried  the SQL like this :
select columnB  from SERVICE where columnA like '10283848';  or apply
'tochar' on columnA

It will returned the rows I needed !!

The total number of rows of this table is the same as the one in production
DB

Can anyone help to  give some hint to troubleshoot what's happening in this
table ?

Thanks in advance

James

On Mon, 24 May 2004 23:58:22 +0800, "James" <cheungchung@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Can anyone help to  give some hint to troubleshoot what's happening in this
>table ?

Likely no one can, as you don't specify what you did to synchronise
standby and production.
Also, despite numerous warnings 8.1.6 is a can of worms, which is now
desupported for more than 2 years, you still seem to be using  it.
I think a visit to Metalink is in order to check out whether there any
known bugs with respect to standby databases.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
0

Using Oracle Developer with Oracle 8.1.7 database
Hi. I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. Is it possible to connect to such an "old" database with the current versions or Oracle Developer Suite? Thank you, El DoDo march...@units.it wrote: > Hi. > > I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I > can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to > connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. > Is it possible to connect to such an "old" database with the current > versions or Oracle Developer Suite? > > Thank you, > El DoDo 9i client is backward compatable to 8i. However, 10g is only backwards compatable to certain 8i patchset. I can connect from 10g client to 8.1.7.4.1 but not to 8.1.7.0. Not sure about the in between patchsets as I don't have them. Regards /Rauf marchesa@units.it wrote: > Hi. > > I would like to use the current versions of Oracle Developer Suite I > can download from Oracle website (i.e. 10g and 9i), but I will have to > connect to an Oracle 8.1.7 dbase. > Is it possible to connect to such an "old" database with the current > versions or Oracle Developer Suite? > > Thank you, > El DoDo Yes. Make sure you have patched the 8i database to make it as current as possible. -- Daniel A. Morgan...

Oracle Upgrade problem : from 8.1.6 to 8.1.7
According the documentation from Metalink, the following files are required for the Oracle Upgrade from 8.1.6 to 8.1.7 : u0801060.sql c0801060.sql a0801060.sql i0801060.sql utlip.sql However, after install 8.1.7, I could only find 4 of them, but no i0801060.sql. I still did the upgrade by executing the script : u0801060.sql but recursive errors appeared and I knew that the reason was the missing of i0801060.sql. Can anybody tell me where can I get the file : i0801060.sql for Oracle Upgrade ? ...

Problem with ODBC-Access to Oracle 8.1.7 Database
Hi, we use ORACLE 8.1.7.0.0 Database on Linux-Server. The clients access to the database via ODBC. There are 2 clients W2K SP4. With ODBC-driver 8.1.7.0.0 both clients could access to the database but had problems with large cursors. Now we have updatet the ODBC-Driver to version 8.1.7.8.0 and only 1 client can access the server in the way we did it before. With the other client we have to write the schema-name and the tablename in uppercase to get access while this has no matter with the first client or a NT SP6-client. Has anybody any idea which property causes this behavior and how to solve it? Thanks to all regards, Hans Sauren ...

Oracle 8.1.6 very strange performance problem on client/server configuration
Hello everybody, we are experiencing a quite strange problem in our environment. An application has to check-in (embedded sql) a certain amount of row in a DB; simple INSERT statement in a table, with some indexes and a BLOB column. Running the application on the server is quite fast, apx. 8min. If the application runs on a client it takes more that 100min, but if we run an export of the database on the server while the application is running on the client in the client, the speed will be quite the same as before (10min). I'm really out of ideas... Any help will be very appreciated. Bye. ...

Patching Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 to Oracle 8.1.7.4.1
Hello, my configuration is Windows 2K Server SP4 and Oracle 8.1.7.0.0. Where can i find a patch to upgrade to Oracle 8.1.7.4.1 Many thanks for your attention -- Sitta many thanks!!!! Have a nice work "Rauf Sarwar" <rs_arwar@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1106137485.286119.307110@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > > Sitta Davide wrote: >> Hello, >> my configuration is >> >> Windows 2K Server SP4 and Oracle 8.1.7.0.0. >> >> Where can i find a patch to upgrade to Oracle 8.1.7.4.1 >> >> >> Many thanks for your attention >> >> -- >> >> Sitta > > http://metalink.oracle.com > > Regards > /Rauf > ...

Connecting to Oracle 8.0.4 Database using 8.1.7 client
I am installing an SAP application server, and would like it to be as clean as possible. Is it possible to use Oracle 8.1.7 client software to communicate with an 8.0.4 database on the SAP Central and Database instance. TIA Chris Kernaghan aka BoobBoo On 7 Jan 2003 04:41:39 -0800, chris_kernaghan@hotmail.com (Chris) wrote: >I am installing an SAP application server, and would like it to be as >clean as possible. > >Is it possible to use Oracle 8.1.7 client software to communicate with >an 8.0.4 database on the SAP Central and Database instance. > >TIA > >Chris Kernaghan > >aka > >BoobBoo It is not guaranteed to work, as you are connecting from a higher version client and 8.0.4 has been desupported in the previous century Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address From what others have said, I must be missing something... You can certainly do it, provided you connect with SQL*Net and have the LISTENER.ORA defined so that it actually starts the 804 server for your connection (it'll be the default if you're using an 804 listener). That sure works here on VMS, and that kind of things are usually platform independant. If you connect bequeath, then yes, you may have some problems, but it may work well up to a certain point. Corrections and additions welcome -- Syltrem http://pages.infinit.net/syltrem (OpenVMS related web site - en fran�ais) To reply to myself directly, rem...

Connecting to Oracle 8.0.4 Database using 8.1.7 client software
I am installing an SAP application server, and would like it to be as clean as possible. Is it possible to use Oracle 8.1.7 client software to communicate with an 8.0.4 database on the SAP Central and Database instance. TIA Chris Kernaghan ...

Connectivity Between two saperate Database (oracle 8 and oracle 9i)
Dear Sir, We Would like to migrate to oracle 9i from oracle 8. Presently We are on oracle 8 (live) . Can anyone suggest a way by which we can phase out the migration process. We intend to migrate User-wise. We have aprx 10 live users.(e.g. finance, payroll, production etc..). My problem is inter-connectivity between diff. users. like 'Payroll' select/update rows in 'Finance'. If I migrate Finance from oracle 8 to Oracle 9i How to ensure that these select/update does not fail. Kishan Thakker kishanthakker@gmail.com wrote: > Dear Sir, > > We Would like to migrate to oracle 9i from oracle 8. Presently We are > on oracle 8 (live) . Can anyone suggest a way by which we can phase out > the migration process. We intend to migrate User-wise. We have aprx 10 > live users.(e.g. finance, payroll, production etc..). My problem is > inter-connectivity between diff. users. like 'Payroll' select/update > rows in 'Finance'. If I migrate Finance from oracle 8 to Oracle 9i How > to ensure that these select/update does not fail. > > Kishan Thakker How much data? Which version of 9i? Which version of 8? How much downtime is possible? -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org ...

Upgrade database from 8.1.6 to 8.1.7
Does the time taken by this upgrade (8.1.6 to 8.1.7) depend on the size of objects (tables, indexes) ? Does it have something to do with the number of objects as it works on the dictionnary ? "Patrick Maurice" <adress@nowhere> wrote in message news:3fb21adc$0$25710$afc38c87@news.easynet.fr... > Does the time taken by this upgrade (8.1.6 to 8.1.7) depend on the size of > objects (tables, indexes) ? > Does it have something to do with the number of objects as it works on the > dictionnary ? > Depends on how you do the upgrade. If you use the migration assistant (GUI) or the migration utility (command line), then no, upgrade time is not dependent on the size of your data. If you export followed by import, then yes, it will be. Regards HJR ...

Problem with Pro*C on Oracle 8i v 8.1.6 running on Linux 6.0 v2.2
The problem: When I run the make -f demo_proc.mk sample1 command on the linux command line to precompile, link, and build the sample1.pc source that comes with pro*c, I get error messages stating that it cannot open the standard C include files. The path to the include files, "/usr/include", is in the Include= directives in the pcscfg.cfg config file. The permissions on those directories and files are read access to group and world so anyone should be able to read those include files. I have the correct version of make, gcc, glibc for this version of Pro*C. Can anyone help me with this problem? I have searched the Oracle Documentation and the forums and cannot find where anyone has had this problem in the past. Thanks in advance for any help with this issue. On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 11:53:10 -0600, "James Butler" <jameslori1815@comcast.net> wrote: >The problem: When I run the make -f demo_proc.mk sample1 command on the >linux command line to precompile, link, and build the sample1.pc source that >comes with pro*c, I get error messages stating that it cannot open the >standard C include files. The path to the include files, "/usr/include", is >in the Include= directives in the pcscfg.cfg config file. The permissions on >those directories and files are read access to group and world so anyone >should be able to read those include files. I have the correct version of >make, gcc, glibc for this version of Pro*C. >Can a...

Is Oracle 8.1.7 database obselete?
Hi, Is Oracle 8.1.7 obselete? There are companies usiung oracle 8.1.7 as a database.What should they do regarding that. Are they continue using 8.1.7 or theu upgrade to newer version. Lee On 15 Oct 2005 22:50:23 -0700, "Lee" <pklalee@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Is Oracle 8.1.7 obselete? >There are companies usiung oracle 8.1.7 as a database.What should they >do regarding that. Are they continue using 8.1.7 or theu upgrade to >newer version. > >Lee Since Oracle 8i there have been 2 new major releases: Oracle 9i and Oracle 10G. The terminal release of Oracle 9i is Oracle 9.2. Oracle 8i has been desupported on December 31, 2004. If they have no compelling reasons not to upgrade (ie their 3rd party vendor still doesn't support Oracle 9i, more than 2 years after it's release, or Oracle 10g), they should upgrade. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 22:50:23 -0700, Lee interested us by writing: > Hi, > > Is Oracle 8.1.7 obselete? Yes. > There are companies usiung oracle 8.1.7 as a database.What should they > do regarding that. Are they continue using 8.1.7 or theu upgrade to > newer version. Depends. If they want to have support from Oracle, they upgrade as soon as possible. If they don't care about support, they may stay with the old version. Then they ask their questions here and get told they should upgrade. Then they ge...

sqlexec problem oracle 8.1.6
hi gurus I have the following problem and i have tried to sort it out but i am unable to find a way through. I am issuing a sql statement to populate a field in a table (see below); set datetime [ sqlexec SELECT SYSDATE FROM DUAL ;] sqlexec INSERT INTO <TABLE_NAME> (DATETIME) VALUES ('TO_DATE('2001-01-01 11:11:00','yyyy-mm-dd hh24:mi:ss')') ; I am unable to get this working and tcl complains of an invalid character in command! Any ideas?? Regards dean diabolik@uku.co.uk wrote: > hi gurus > > I have the following problem and i have tried to sort it out but i am > unable to find a way through. > > I am issuing a sql statement to populate a field in a table (see > below); > > set datetime [ sqlexec SELECT SYSDATE FROM DUAL ;] > > sqlexec INSERT INTO <TABLE_NAME> (DATETIME) VALUES > ('TO_DATE('2001-01-01 11:11:00','yyyy-mm-dd hh24:mi:ss')') ; > > I am unable to get this working and tcl complains of an invalid > character in command! > > Any ideas?? What about: sqlexec INSERT INTO <TABLE_NAME> (DATETIME) VALUES (TO_DATE('2001-01-01 11:11:00','yyyy-mm-dd hh24:mi:ss')) ; -- Best regards, Anton Osennikov. ...

Standby Database (Oracle v7) Controlfile problem
I have recently had some very wierd behavior with a standby database under Oracle 7.3.4 which required me to generate a new controlfile. Metalink will probably not give me any useful information about this problem, and I hope that the newsgroup can shed some light. To start out, I'm not interested in advice on upgrading my database version, so let's please omit any such discussion. I don't need a lecture about unsupported releases. That said, all of these techniques are still in use in later releases, so I hope that someone here has seen/dealt with these problems before. I am activating my Oracle 7 standby databases as part of a disaster test (so the pressure is not quite as intense as a tornado wisking my production servers away to valhalla). I am running Oracle 7.3.4 on HP-UX 10.20: Starting up ORACLE RDBMS Version: 7.3.4.4.1. Here are the sections of the alert log where I point-in-time-recovered and activated the standby database (with no problem): Fri May 13 12:33:34 2005 alter database mount standby database Fri May 13 12:33:34 2005 Successful mount of redo thread 1. Fri May 13 12:33:34 2005 Completed: alter database mount standby database Fri May 13 12:34:09 2005 ALTER DATABASE RECOVER standby database until time '2005-05-10:19:30:00' Fri May 13 12:34:09 2005 Media Recovery Start Media Recovery Log ORA-279 signalled during: ALTER DATABASE RECOVER standby database until ti... ... Fri May 13 12:41:25 2005 Media Recovery ...

Oracle 8.1.7 32-Bit to Oracle 8.1.7 64-Bit
Hi I would much appreciate help We have a 150-200GB database on Oracle 8.1.7 which resides on a HP-UX 32-bit machine. We are upgrading the HP-UX machine to 64-Bit. Is the only way of extracting/inmporting the data via the exp/imp utitlity due to the change in bits? Is there any other way? Thanks Bob Bob wrote: > Hi I would much appreciate help > > We have a 150-200GB database on Oracle 8.1.7 which resides on a HP-UX > 32-bit machine. We are upgrading the HP-UX machine to 64-Bit. Hi, a) Do you want to upgrade Oracle-Software from 32bit to 64bit? On Solaris, I know 32bit Oracle-Software runs also on 64bit Solaris, but I don't know about HP-UX. b) If you want or have to switch to Oracle 64 bit, then use can use the new 64bit oracle software on the "old" database, but you have to recompile all PL/SQL-procedures, no more. No exp/imp is necessary. - install 64bit Oracle-Software in a new $ORACLE_HOME - switch all environments to 64bit oracle and use it now - sqlplus "/ as sysdba" sql> startup restrict sql> @?/rdbms/admin/utlirp; sql> shutdown immediate sql> startup sql> @?/rdbms/admin/utlrp; sql> exit; --> ready! Eberhard Eberhard Niendorf <eberhard.niendorf_schrott@t-online.de> wrote in message news:<cnt89j$uor$05$1@news.t-online.com>... > Bob wrote: > > > Hi I would much appreciate help > > > > We have a 150-200GB database on Oracle 8.1.7 which resid...

Materialized View on Oracle 9i mastered by Oracle 8.1.6
I have a need to create a Materialized View on an Oracle 9i server that is mastered on an Oracle 8.1.6 server. We have given this a try, but we get the following errors when attempting to refresh with this configuration: SQL> BEGIN 2 DBMS_REFRESH.REFRESH ('REP') ; 3 END ; 4 / BEGIN * ERROR at line 1: ORA-02055: distributed update operation failed; rollback required ORA-02068: following severe error from TEST.WORLD ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SNAPSHOT", line 794 ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SNAPSHOT", line 851 ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_IREFRESH", line 683 ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_REFRESH", line 195 ORA-06512: at line 2 - -locla database : SQL> select * from v$version ; BANNER ---------------------------------------------------------------- Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production PL/SQL Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production CORE 9.2.0.1.0 Production TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 9.2.0.1.0 - Production NLSRTL Version 9.2.0.1.0 - Production My questions: 1 - Is it possible to successfully setup a materialized view in this configuration? 1a - If not, is there another configuration of Oracle replication that will allow propagating from a 8.1.6 master to a 9i target? 2 - Are there any special considerations that need to be taken into account for this cross-version replication configuration? Thank you very much in advance for your assistance. Sin...

Integrating Sun Java System Access Manager 6.1 with Oracle 9i Application Server Release 1: A Case Study
Here's an excellent example that demonstrates how to enable Single Sign-On by integrating an application server with Access Manager 6.1. Detailed are installation, deployment, and verification procedures, as well as troubleshooting tips. http://developers.sun.com/prodtech/identserver/reference/techart/oracle9ias.html?ssobm=ng ...

Running Oracle 8.1.x and Oracle 9i on same Windows 2000 Server
I'm attempting to run an Oracle 8.1.7 database and and Oracle 9i database on the same Windows 2000 Server. Before doing this has anyone ran this configuration and are there any things I must watch out for prior to installing the Oracle 9i software? Thanks for the assistance. David David wrote: > I'm attempting to run an Oracle 8.1.7 database and and Oracle 9i database > on the same Windows 2000 Server. > > Before doing this has anyone ran this configuration and are there any > things I must watch out for prior to installing the Oracle 9i software? > > Thanks for the assistance. > David Environment variables Multiple Oracle Homes Lack of resources It can be done. Many have done it. It still isn't a good idea if it can be avoided. And please, in the future, do NOT cross-post. -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) ...

Oracle 8.1.6.0 Install Problems
Hello Group, I run into the following problem when installing Oracle v. 8.1.6 onto an IBM XSeries 345 server with a Xeon processor. I created a CD sans the symcjit.dll file which allows me to run the installation. However, when the installation completes, the Database Configuration Assistant does not install correctly and even though the sample database was supposedly created, I cannot connect to it. The rest of the installation works just fine. Are there any known issues with this and is there a solution for this problem? Dave Dave wrote: >Hello Group, >...

Oracle 8.0.6 Database Process Dump
Hi guys, I'm working on an import of data on an Oracle 8.0.6 Database that is running an an HP-UX 10.X The code that imports the data is written in C++ and compiled with the HP aCC C++ Compiler. About two days ago, a new problem is persent and regards the server process that manage the connection and the operations performed from the C++ application. This process dumps. On the Alert Log of Oracle, the following information are traced. Thread 1 advanced to log sequence 3053 Current log# 2 seq# 3053 mem# 0: /home/data/local/ORACLE/dbs_files/log2ccis.dbf Thu Nov 9 09:16:42 2006 Errors in file /home/segments/ORACLE/rdbms/log/ora_4036.trc: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [kcbget_24], [1], [20], [88098603], [88098601], [88098601], [1], [] Thu Nov 9 09:16:43 2006 Failure to extend rollback segment 2 because of 600 condition FULL status of rollback segment 2 set. Thu Nov 9 09:16:43 2006 Errors in file /home/segments/ORACLE/rdbms/log/ora_4036.trc: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [kcbget_24], [1], [20], [88098603], [88098601], [88098601], [1], [] ORA-01562: failed to extend rollback segment number 2 ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [kcbget_24], [1], [20], [88098603], [88098601], [88098601], [1], [] Thu Nov 9 09:16:44 2006 The Information regarding the error on the extension of rollback segment number 2 has no sense beacuse the number of extention already use when the process dumps is 17. The Max number of extention is 121. ON the Trace f...

copy database from oracle 9 to 8.1.7
I am going to restore my PRD (8.1.7) to DEV (9). In my PRD, I have a full offline backup scheduled in db13 to a DDS-4 tape. With this tape, I am going to restore PRD to my DEV. 1) Remove all the DEV filesystems 2) Create the PRD filesystems 3) the command used to restore is "brrestore -b <coded_timestamp>.<fid> -m full". This file <coded_timestamp>.<fid> is tied to the same one with what is shown in the DB13 log. 4) This will restore the complete PRD system. Problem is that this restored system is a 8.1.7. But the one in DEV is 9 therefore the binary is different. Hence I need to upgrade this current copy to PRD by a. upgrade the cloned 8.1.7 database to 9.2.0 by running @?/rdbms/admin/u0801070.sql 5) In note 592393, it wrote "Switch from 8.1.7 to 9.x After the copy, you must execute all of the upgrade steps described in the guide for upgrading to Oracle 9.x. " Please advise. yls177 wrote: > I am going to restore my PRD (8.1.7) to DEV (9). In my PRD, I have a > full offline backup scheduled in db13 to a DDS-4 tape. With this tape, > I am going to restore PRD to my DEV. > > 1) Remove all the DEV filesystems > 2) Create the PRD filesystems > 3) the command used to restore is "brrestore -b > <coded_timestamp>.<fid> -m full". This file <coded_timestamp>.<fid> is > tied to the same one with what is shown in the DB13 log. > 4) This will restore th...

Running ORACLE 8.1.7 & ORACLE 9.2 on the same UNIX server
Hi, I have recently installed ORACLE 9.2 Database on a UNIX server (2.8) which already has ORACLE 8.1.7. They have both a different SID and ORACLE_BASE. However I am having to use the ORACLE 8 listener for both ORACLE databases. Is it possible to run separate ORACLE 8 and ORACLE 9 listeners? Hello, There are no difficulty to use 2 listeners on the same machine. The point is that default listener used to listen on port 1521 (or 1526). You will have to change your listener configuration( netasst or by hand) in order to use a different port number, a different listener name and communicate it to your users for their tnsnames.ora. LSNR8I = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS= (PROTOCOL= TCP)(Host= machine)(Port= 1110)) ) Generally what I do is to create 1 listener per Oracle Version. After that, for starting listeners you'll have to launch lsnrctl start LSNR8I ou lsnrctl start LSNR9I I am used to name listeners with different names since 8i because you have the autoregistration stuff and with 2 listeners with the same name, you are not sure on which the database will register (or using le local_listener init parm). Regs, Olivier jonathan.johnston@bt.com (Jonathan Johnston) wrote in message news:<5e07fa5.0406080037.67d595a9@posting.google.com>... > Hi, > > I have recently installed ORACLE 9.2 Database on a UNIX server (2.8) > which already has ORACLE 8.1.7. They have both a different SID and > ...

Problem with Oracle standby database (automatic transfer of archived logs)
I am on HP UNIX 11 and still on Oracle 8.1.6.1 (cannot move to another version). I setup a standby database and am using Oracle's automatic mechanism to transfer archived logs from primary to standby database by setting: log_archive_dest_2='SERVICE=kdcsb OPTIONAL REOPEN=60' Before moving to production, I did testing of this setup for several months by manually switching an archived log every 15 minutes and everything ran fine. Now, I have moved to production and am finding this setup is not working: 1. Oracle sometimes only partial archived log causing recovery to fail on standby. 2. Oracle sometimes does not transfer archived logs at all, so standby database has some logs missing, i.e., logxxx92, logxxx94, logxxx95, logxxx97. There is no pattern here. I am in production now and I want this problem to be fixed quickly. Are there any options in log_archive_dest, which can be set to remove/ reduce this kind of error? Appreciate, any help. Thanks. On Feb 4, 11:39=A0am, zigzag...@yahoo.com wrote: > I am on HP UNIX 11 and still on Oracle 8.1.6.1 (cannot move to another > version). I setup a standby database and am using Oracle's automatic > mechanism to transfer archived logs from primary to standby =A0database > by setting: > > log_archive_dest_2=3D'SERVICE=3Dkdcsb OPTIONAL REOPEN=3D60' > > Before moving to production, I did testing of this setup for several > months by manually switching an archived log every 15 minu...

Web resources about - ddata integrity problem of Oracle 8.1.6 Standby Database - comp.databases.oracle.server

Referential integrity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An example of a database that has not enforced referential integrity . In this example, there is a foreign key ( artist_id ) value in the album ...

Site Integrity Engineer Matt Jones Discusses How Facebook Keeps It Real
Facebook continued to mark National Cyber Security Awareness Month with a note on the Facebook Security page from site integrity engineer Matt ...

Improvements To Our Site Integrity Systems - Facebook
Facebook Security hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Improvements To Our Site Integrity Systems geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier ...

Search Twitter - Integrity
... Learn more here Search Refresh ♕ 李孝芬 (~^♥^~) ♕ @ veni_lee 59s .. Selfie in everything with Dewi and keai ^^ 😚😚 #cute #selfie @ Integrity Convention ...

Center for Public Integrity
Welcome to the company profile of Center for Public Integrity on LinkedIn. The Center for Public Integrity is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization ...

Integrity GIS TestDrive for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod ...
Get Integrity GIS TestDrive on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Integrity - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Christopher S. Penn's photos on Flickr. Christopher S. Penn has uploaded 8162 photos to Flickr.

Sports bosses to address integrity issues
Hundreds of Australia’s top sporting bosses, set to gather in Melbourne for an unprecedented integrity symposium, will be encouraged to candidly ...

Joe Hockey's 'tax integrity' measures include tax for Netflix
Netflix is Joe Hockey's lightning rod to collect more tax from overseas technology giants.