Error on AIX.

On AIX5.2 :

SALES_P-bones:/oracle/admin/sales_p/scripts$ sqlplus "/ as sysdba"

SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.7.0 - Production on Wed Mar 22 09:11:40 2006

Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Could not load program oracleSALES_P:
        Dependent module libjox9.a(shr.o) could not be loaded.
Could not load module libjox9.a(shr.o).
System error: No such file or directory
ERROR:
ORA-12547: TNS:lost contact

----------------------------

However, the file does exist:

 ls -la /oracle/product/9.2/lib/libjox9.a

-rw-rw-r--   1 oracle   ora         7756886 Aug 26 2005
/oracle/product/9.2/lib/libjox9.a

Can somebody please tell me what is wrong ?

Thanks,
Marcel.
0
Mars

Mars wrote:

> Could not load program oracleSALES_P:
>         Dependent module libjox9.a(shr.o) could not be loaded.
> Could not load module libjox9.a(shr.o).
> System error: No such file or directory
> ERROR:
> ORA-12547: TNS:lost contact
>
> ----------------------------
>
> However, the file does exist:
>
>  ls -la /oracle/product/9.2/lib/libjox9.a

What's the value of your LIBPATH env variable?

It should contain /oracle/product/9.2/lib.

Regards

--
Fabrizio Magni

fabrizio.magni@mycontinent.com

replace mycontinent with europe
On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 13:04:42 +0100, Fabrizio Magni

>What's the value of your LIBPATH env variable?
>It should contain /oracle/product/9.2/lib.

Mille grazie Frabrizio,
I think that has been our mistake,
we will try again.

Greetings,
Marcel.
0
Mars
3/22/2006 1:25:31 PM
Sometimes this is informative too (been too long since I've been on AIX
to know if it applies there):

chatr $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oracle

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060318/news_1b18stock.html

0
joel-garry (4553)

oracle 9i database on a aix 4.3.3 server trying to use a 32 bit compiler- error ksms.imp
We are trying to get a new setup to work. We have an Oracle 9.2.0.4 database on AIX 4.3.3. This database is using the 64 bit kernel extension. We have installed Server Express 2.1 for 4.3.3 (MF cobol compiler) which is a 32 bit app. We tried to edit the makefile used for AIX 4.3.3, MF cobol compiler OCDS, Oracle database 8.1.6. We learned about needing to relink rstora32, and the procob32� that has been done. We changed out markefile to point to all the 9i oracle 32 bit directories. We are note experienced with makefiles and not sure our makefile is ok. We are now having problems with the 32 bit version of ksms.imp. At first the file was empty. To resolve that problem we: Generated the ksms.imp as follows.. @ORACLE_HOME/bin/genksms > $ORACLE_HOME/lib32/ksms.imp and relinked the "genksms" binary: make �f $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib32/ins_rdbms.mk $ORACLE_HOME/bin/genksms Do you know if we built this correctly? We do not seem to be able to compile without using the variable ...please note the error with the variable for ksms.imp and without that variable�. I hve included the makefile below Thanks 1. Problem when makefile has commented out line #LIMPEXP=$(LIBHOME)/ksms.imp This error is received for every line of code ld: 0711-418 ERROR: Import or export file /u00/app/oracle/product/9.2.0/lib32/ks ms.imp at line 4219: A symbol name may only be followed by an export attribute or an address. The line is being ignore...

Strange Network Error on Oracle Database Server
Hi Oracle Gurus, We are experiencing a strange Oracle database server(Windows 2003) behaviour When we try to start Oracle database from services -- It does not start the database and in Oradim.log we see following error -- ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error and in sqlnet.ora -- Fatal NI connect error 12560, connecting to: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=BEQ)(PROGRAM=oracle)(ARGV0=oracleORCL)(ARGS='(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))'))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=ORCL)(CID=(PROGRAM=C:\oracle\ora90\bin\oradim.exe)(HOST=host02)(USER=SYSTEM)))) However, If I try to manually start the database by login in as sys, it gets started. I have already tried following (a) Recreate the service using Oradim.exe (b) Removed sqlnet.ora file from C:\Oracle\Ora90\network\ADMIN What can be the possible reason(s) for this. Thanks If you can connect to the database instance, even if it is "idle", the service must have started. Without the service having started, you cannot connect via sqlplus.exe even on the server console (on win32). Perhaps it is taking a relatively long time for the database instance to be completely open - and the error message that you show above is a timed out connection attempt? Is the ORACLE_SID of interest "ORCL"? When you re-created the OS Service, did you set the startmode to auto or manual? Is there an init.ora in the %ORACLE_HOME%\database folder that has an IFILE entry to the real parameter file? Is the service owned by a...

Error executing remote system command on an AIX Informix database from an NT Informix Server
Dear All, I realise there are many queries and answers already posted on a similar topic, but none seem to be able to get this working. I have two informix servers, one on Windows NT and one on AIX 4.3. Informix NT (7.31) Informix AIX (7.xx) I have a stored procedure on the unix box with a system command SYSTEM '/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env > /tmp/mylog' I have set up the trust, so that I can connect to the AIX instance as informix from the NT server. I connect from the NT server to the AIX instance as informix and execute the procedure. I get the following error - 668 Command cannot be executed 127 No Primary Key I think that the 127 error number is from the shell execution. The /tmp/mylog file is created but with no values. Even if I replace it with an echo hello command I get an empty file. Having read one of Jonathan Leffler's responses, the SHELL environment variables needs to be set to the the Shell of the remote system. In my case that is 'set SHELL=/usr/bin/ksh' . I did this and it still didn't work. Am I missing further environment variables as I am executing the procedure from NT. Has anyone managed to do this? Many thanks in advance, Nick Have you tryed it on aix itself?? does that work?? try: SYSTEM "(/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env 2>&1) > /tmp/nonexistingfile"; -- check what is in nonexistingfile or SYSTEM "(/usr/bin/ksh ...

Oracle Application Server Internal Server Error
Hello, We are using OAS 9.0.4.1 run on AIX 5.3 with an Oracle 10.1.0.2 DB back end running on a seperate partition of the machine. The main application is developed in house on forms6 and migrated to forms9 a couple of years ago when we moved to AIX. Since the move we get an "Internal Server Error", in the web browser, occuring randomly when users try to login to the application. Through some investigation it appears as though the OC4J_BI_Forms service becomes unresponsive for a short period of time causing the web server request to time out. Users who are logged into the system can still work but no new users can get in. Has anybody else experienced this problem? Anybody got any ideas where to start looking? We have a TAR logged with Oracle but as usual they've said that they won't help us until we go to 9.0.4.3. Which we haven't been able to do as the patching process keeps failing. Any help would be appreciated. gnscon@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > We are using OAS 9.0.4.1 run on AIX 5.3 with an Oracle 10.1.0.2 DB > back end running on a seperate partition of the machine. The main > application is developed in house on forms6 and migrated to forms9 a > couple of years ago when we moved to AIX. Since the move we get an > "Internal Server Error", in the web browser, occuring randomly when > users try to login to the application. > > Through some investigation it appears as though the OC4J_BI_Forms > ser...

need to restore old database (database server 4.01 AIX)
hi. i need to restore an old database. The db was backed up using a DLT drive, using 2 volumes. The content for the tapes was copied to file onto Solaris machine using rsh and dd (for backup purposes). Now, the drive is defective and can't read the tapes anymore. Server is AIX 4.3.2 and database is IBM DB2 Server (DB2 for AIX Version 2.1.2) I tried doing an NFS export from solaris machine. and doing restore database ..... from /mnt but i got the following message: SQL2542N No match for a database image file was found based on the source database alias and timestamp ...

Oracle databases on a server

SqlSpec

"Oracle error occurred, but error message could not be retrieved from Oracle" error when restarting application
Hi, we're using Oracle 10g, in combination with Delphi (7). Application uses Oracle client dll (oraociei10.dll). Quick explenation about the structure (All files are on the network): - A launcher application is started by the client. The launcher application checks an .ini file for the current application versie (.exe filename with a version postfix, e.g. "Application_112.exe"). The launcher starts the executable specified in the .ini file. In this way we can "release" by putting a new .exe file and updating the .ini file. The problem: In our application we've got the functionality to restart the application when a new version is available. If the application detects there is a new version (by checking the .ini file) the user can restart the application. The next thing happens on a restart: - Application starts the launcher again, the handle of the application is passed. - Application closes itself - Launcher waits until the application handle is gone - Launcher restarts application again (new version). When starting the application again, oracle generated the beautiful: "Oracle error occurred, but error message could not be retrieved from Oracle" message. Initial thought was that the Oracle client was not unloaded, so we made the launcher wait up to 60 seconds after the application was closed and before the application is started again. But even then the error occurs. Detail: When not using the oracle client , but the "n...

which oracle client for aix 5.3 to connect to an Oracle 8.0.5/Win database ?
Hello, i need to access a 8.0.5 database on win2000 from a aix 5.3 system. which client do i need to install on the aix 5.3 machine ? Thank you, Bud On Jan 11, 2:24 pm, "Bud" <tulsa...@gmx.de> wrote: > Hello, > > i need to access a 8.0.5 database on win2000 from a aix 5.3 system. > > which client do i need to install on the aix 5.3 machine ? > > Thank you, > > Bud I don't think there is one. 8.0.5 was desupported in the previous milennium and has never been available for 5.3, which didn't exist at that time. 9i doesn't connect to anything lower than 8i. Time to upgrade the database or drag it to the recyclebin. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA ...

After installation of Oracle 9.2. The Login in Oracle Management Server creates the error: VTK-1000
Hello, I can't local login in Oracle Management Server after installation of Oracle 9.2. Where I can look the right name and status the Oracle Management Server? My Database ----------- Host-Name: PRG1 Port-Number: 1521 SID: TEST Net Service Name: TEST.PZCS.LOCAL TNS-Descriptor: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=prg1)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=test))) Silly question maybe: You did verify whether the Oracle Management Service is actually running? --- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA Hello, how I can detect, whether the Oracle Management running? I use W2k. My Oracle Services --- OracleMTSRecoveryService OracleOraHome92Agent OracleOraHome92ClientCache OracleOraHome92HTTPServer OracleOraHome92PagingServer OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerEncapsulator OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerMasterAgent OracleOraHome92TNSListener OracleServiceTEST Best Regards Wolfram Hubert wolfram.hubert@web.de wrote: >Hello, > >how I can detect, whether the Oracle Management running? I use W2k. > >My Oracle Services >--- >OracleMTSRecoveryService >OracleOraHome92Agent >OracleOraHome92ClientCache >OracleOraHome92HTTPServer >OracleOraHome92PagingServer >OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerEncapsulator >OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerMasterAgent >OracleOraHome92TNSListener >OracleServiceTEST > >Best Regards > >Wolfram Hubert Is there a OMS set up and are you entering the correct connection info for it ( it IS NOT...

Kernel Error on my AIX Server
I'm getting the following error over and over in my syslogs. Can anyone tell me what it means and how I can resolve the error? syslog@192.168.0.170[kern.crit]: Aug 8 16:45:19 Message forwarded from billingdbtest: unix: bpf: lo0 attached Thanks very much for any help you can provide. In article <1155070524.718583.143630@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, earlrc_2000@yahoo.com wrote: > I'm getting the following error over and over in my syslogs. Can > anyone tell me what it means and how I can resolve the error? > > syslog@192.168.0.170[kern.crit]: Aug 8 16:45:19 M...

connecting to an oracle database... errors...
Im having a little bit of difficulty solving this simple error... I konw I have the URL correct, however I cannot connect to the Oracle 9 database. The error occurs on the line that I assign the connection (ConDB), Im a little lost, any help is appreciated! Thanks! ---- strURL = "jdbc:oracle:thin:@oradev.xxx.com:1521:dev.xxx.com"; strUser = "user" strPass = "pass" try { //register oracle driver DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver()); // DB logon ConDB = DriverManager.getConnection (strURL , strUser, strPass); } ------- java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Connection refused(DESCRIPTION=(TMP=)(VSNNUM=153093632)(ERR=12505)(ERROR_STACK=(ERROR=(CODE=12505)(EMFI=4)))) at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134) at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:179) at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:334) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.handleIOException(TTC7Protocol.java:3678) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.logon(TTC7Protocol.java:352) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:365) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.java:547) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:347) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at PhoneLookup.main(PhoneLooku...

Export oracle 10G database errors
I have an oracle database version 10G running on solaris 5.8 and when I export the database I get a bunch of error messages which I dont know how to get ride of ??? .. exporting private type synonyms .. exporting object type definitions .. exporting system procedural objects and actions EXP-00008: ORACLE error 6550 encountered ORA-06550: line 1, column 13: PLS-00201: identifier 'EXFSYS.DBMS_EXPFIL_DEPASEXP' must be declared ORA-06550: line 1, column 7: PL/SQL: Statement ignored EXP-00083: The previous problem occurred when calling EXFSYS.DBMS_EXPFIL_DEPASEX P.system_info_exp EXP-00008: ORACLE error 6550 encountered ORA-06550: line 1, column 13: PLS-00201: identifier 'EXFSYS.DBMS_EXPFIL_DEPASEXP' must be declared ORA-06550: line 1, column 7: PL/SQL: Statement ignored EXP-00083: The previous problem occurred when calling EXFSYS.DBMS_EXPFIL_DEPASEX P.system_info_exp .. exporting pre-schema procedural objects and actions EXP-00008: ORACLE error 6550 encountered ORA-06550: line 1, column 13: PLS-00201: identifier 'EXFSYS.DBMS_EXPFIL_DEPASEXP' must be declared ORA-06550: line 1, column 7: PL/SQL: Statement ignored "Maria" <evoradba@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:351fd9d6.0411070853.7242b32d@posting.google.com... > I have an oracle database version 10G running on solaris 5.8 and when > I export the database I get a bunch of error messages which I dont > know how to get ride of ??? > > . exporting private type synonyms > ....

Error on starting Oracle Management Server
Hi, I am trying to start oemctl and I am getting this error Error starting Oracle Management Server. ORBSingleton: access deniedjava.lang.SecurityException: ORBSingleton: access denied under this file /home/oracle/product/9ir2/sysman/log/oms.nohup. Any ideas? I am using oracle enterprise edition version 9ir2 on suse linux 9. Do I need to install Oracle Enterprise manager before I run emca? Thoughts.Any help greatly appreciated. AJ <aj70000@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1152235757.981777.67530@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am trying to start oemctl and I am getting this error > > Error starting Oracle Management Server. ORBSingleton: access > deniedjava.lang.SecurityException: ORBSingleton: access denied > > under this file /home/oracle/product/9ir2/sysman/log/oms.nohup. > Any ideas? I am using oracle enterprise edition version 9ir2 on suse > linux 9. > > Do I need to install Oracle Enterprise manager before I run emca? > > Thoughts.Any help greatly appreciated. > AJ > AJ, did you perform a fresh install or had there been an OMS installation on the server before? You may have an invalid Oracle Home in your path reference for jre in the oemctl file. R Hi GuessWho, It was a fresh install on the server, but I am installing the repository on the existing database instead of creating a new instance. I checked on the oracle_home.it seems to be fine. Thanks for the reply. AJ GuessWho wrote: >...

error when launching Oracle Management Server
Hi there! I'm quite new to Oracle db and I get an error when I want Oracle Management Server to get started.. It starts, try to connect to db and failed. the log errors file contains this: Error starting Oracle Management Server. OEMCTRL for Windows NT: Version 2.2.0.0.0 Copyright (c) 1998, 2000, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved. Starting the Oracle Management Server... [main][2005-3-3:10:46:36:750] VdbSession.processError: errorCode >12500< [main][2005-3-3:10:46:36:750] VdbSession.processError: errorMsg >ORA-12500: TNS:listener failed to start a dedicated server process < [main][2005-3-3:10:46:36:750] VdbSession.processError: database connection error VXA-2018 : Unable to connect to OMS registry serviceoracle.sysman.vxn.VxnBootstrapException: at oracle.sysman.vxa.VxaAppServer.startServices(VxaAppServer.java:1353) at oracle.sysman.vxa.VxaAppServer.main(VxaAppServer.java:2547) I've read some docs but couldn't find any issues, despite the fact the error seems to be common error...(isnt it?) I run Oracle 8.1 db on a windows Server 2003.. Is there something wrong in init.ora or something else....? thanks a lot :) Vince. Vince <vincent@ wrote: > Hi there! > > I'm quite new to Oracle db and I get an error when I want Oracle > Management Server to get started.. > It starts, try to connect to db and failed. > the log errors file contains this: > > Error st...

Sun server with Oracle Database crashed
Hi All, My Sun server which is running Oracle database 10.2.0.3.0 got hung and the server had also crashed. The /DBATSTDB01/oracle mount point which is mounted on slice c1t0d0s3 is 100%. It is reflecting /var/adm/messages: Aug 31 15:40:43 blrtstdba02 ufs: [ID 845546 kern.notice] NOTICE: alloc: /DBATSTDB01/oracle: file system full The root slice " / " is occupied 82 %. After the crash, although the /DBATSTDB01/oracle slice is 100% full, the system hasn't hung so far. Is the /DBATSTDB01/oracle slice is causing the system to hang or should I check for hardware issues? Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 11093692 9000920 1981836 82% / /devices 0 0 0 0% /devices ctfs 0 0 0 0% /system/ contract proc 0 0 0 0% /proc mnttab 0 0 0 0% /etc/mnttab swap 2547944 1088 2546856 1% /etc/svc/ volatile objfs 0 0 0 0% /system/object /platform/sun4u-us3/lib/libc_psr/libc_psr_hwcap1.so.1 11093692 9000920 1981836 82% /platform/sun4u-us3/lib/libc_psr.so.1 /platform/sun4u-us3/lib/sparcv9/libc_psr/libc_psr_hwcap1.so.1 11093692 9000920 1981836 82% /platform/sun4u-us3/lib/sparcv9/libc_psr.so. 1 /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s5 6050982 1646347 4344126 28% /var swap 2554304 7448 254685...

snap servers and suitability for oracle databases
hi I'm looking at purchasing a snap server 18000, but i'm getting conflicting messages with regards to its suitability for providing oracle storage. I'd have another machine with the oracle installation connecting to the storage either iscsi or nfs . Has anyone used any of the snap range for oracle databases ? I don't need super high perfornance, just a decent environment for development. Elaine On 4 Jan 2006 04:23:16 -0800, cmappy@hotmail.com wrote: >hi >I'm looking at purchasing a snap server 18000, but i'm getting >conflicting messages with ...

error while moving database to new server
I need to move a mysql database to a new server. old-server>>mysqldump --all-databases -u root -p > safe.sql new-server>>mysql -u root -p < safe.sql I get an error: ERROR 1449 (HY000) at line 1667: There is no 'lars'@'localhost' registered "lars" was indeed an user on the old installation. What else do I need to do? What's the best way to move the whole db? Users, passwords, views, privilages and all. -- Rahul Rahul <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote in news:Xns9C19A16CADAEB6650A1FC0D7811DDBC81@85.214.105.209: > > What else d...

install oracle database server at home
Hi I am thinking of setting up an oracle database on my home computer - possibly Oracle 9i. I am wondering what spec (in terms of RAM especially) I would need. Any assistance would be appreciated. Cheers B. Baz wrote: > Hi > > I am thinking of setting up an oracle database on my home computer - > possibly Oracle 9i. I am wondering what spec (in terms of RAM > especially) I would need. Any assistance would be appreciated. > > Cheers > B. Practical minimums: - Pentium 600 - 512M Ram - 5G free disk - NOT Windows "Home" edition (XP Home, ME ...) - Prefer Linux or perhaps Windows 2000 Pro, XP Pro It is theoretically possible to go dn to 256M RAM but that becomes more an exercise in frustration. /Hans ...

Web resources about - Error on AIX. - comp.databases.oracle.server

Pilot error - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pilot error (sometimes called cockpit error ) is a term used to describe the cause of an accident involving an airworthy aircraft where the pilot ...

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

Porsche sees error of ways, next 911 GT3 to offer manual transmission
Filed under: Porsche , Coupe , Performance The man behind the Porsche 911 GT3 says the next generation of the high performer will get an optional ...

Herbalife sinks on database error report
Herbalife said it had overstated growth in the number of "active new members" in some instances in the past three quarters due to database errors. ...

Lee Daniels Admits 'Empire' Suffered From 'Growing Pains' in Season 2: 'It's Trial and Error'
Lee Daniels Admits 'Empire' Suffered From 'Growing Pains' in Season 2: 'It's Trial and Error'

Russia plane crash: Pilot error or technical failure suspected
Russian investigators say they believe pilot error or a technical failure was the most likely cause for the passenger plane crash that killed ...

80004005: Why Error Messages Are Still So *&%$#! Indecipherable
... There's a good chance the engineers are too. If you've ever been vexed by a phone, tablet, or PC, chances are you've bumped into an error code. ...

A Basic Spelling Error Cost These Hackers Nearly $1 Billion
Most spelling mistakes are innocent, fleeting, and only mildly embarrassing. Then there are the ones that result in a loss of over $800 million ...

Pilot Error or Mechanical Failure Most Likely Caused Plane Crash in Russia, Investigators Say
Investigators are looking at pilot error or mechanical failure as possible causes of a FlyDubai flight's deadly crash in Russia, a representative ...