Establishing connection from Oracle Database to DB2 database

Hi,
  Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database
oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on
the same.

Waiting for reply. Its critical

umeshchoudhary@gmail.com (U C) wrote in

> Hi,
>   Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database
> oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on
> the same.
>
> Waiting for reply. Its critical

use PERL between the two DBs.
0
IANAL_Vista (516)
4/26/2005 2:36:13 PM
>Hi,
>  Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database
>oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on

>the same.

>Waiting for reply. Its critical

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:4406709207206#18830681837358

I have used this to example to connect to DB2.

chet

Convert SAP Oracle Database to IBM DB2 Database??
Hello, I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle database to IBM DB2 database? Did you realize greater disk saving via DB2 compression? Did you run the latest version of DB2 rather than allow SAP to keep your Oracle version back-leveled? Please, DB2 Bashers need not apply, looking for the business case anyone used to convert to DB2. Thank you. Charles On 6 Feb, 01:52, "Charles Davis" <cdavis10...@comcast.net> wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle > database to IBM DB2 database? > > Did you realize greater disk saving via DB2 compression? > > Did you run the latest version of DB2 rather than allow SAP to keep your > Oracle version back-leveled? > > Please, DB2 Bashers need not apply, looking for the business case anyone > used to convert to DB2. > > Thank you. > > Charles I'm no DB2 basher, however, from you post you seem to be insinuating that disk space is the driving force for this conversion. Is this the case? HTH -g Charles Davis wrote: > I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle > database to IBM DB2 database? Check your in-box at the email address you use here. I have passed you a contact that I consider as close to non-partisan as I could think of (and more importantly, I don't know what she'll say over a beer). Cheers Serge -- Serge Rielau DB2 Solutio...

Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle
Hi, I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle. - Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file? - In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert , insert ...), so you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql <file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there is a infdump direcorty) - Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a database from infomix to oracle? Best Regards Sven Anders, Digitec GmbH Sven Anders wrote: > Hi, > I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, > but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle. > > - Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file? > > - In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole > database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert , > insert ...), so > you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql > <file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there > is a > infdump direcorty) dbexport > - Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a database from > infomix to oracle? dbexport? -- Ciao, The Obnoxious One "Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi ...

Add database to existing oracle database
Hi experts, I am new in oracle.I migrated one database from ms-access to oracle 9i using oracle migration utility on my local machine.But now i need to add this oracle database from my local machine to existing main database oracle 8i on main server.Pls. tell how i can add this database from my machine to main server. I think i can use export/import utility.But i never used this utility before, pls. tell what should i need to do.And if export/import is good way to migrate database pls. explain me in steps. I'll really appreciate your kind help. Pls. reply me soon, it's urgent!!! Thanks..so much Sonika "sonika" <sonika_sehrawat@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:709618ea.0409281225.1a09da58@posting.google.com... > Hi experts, > > I am new in oracle.I migrated one database from ms-access to oracle 9i > using oracle migration utility on my local machine.But now i need to > add this oracle database from my local machine to existing main > database oracle 8i on main server.Pls. tell how i can add this > database from my machine to main server. > I think i can use export/import utility.But i never used this utility > before, pls. tell what should i need to do.And if export/import is > good way to migrate database pls. explain me in steps. > > I'll really appreciate your kind help. > Pls. reply me soon, it's urgent!!! > > Thanks..so much > Sonika You are missing a lot of letters in your typing. You m...

SN#12788 Java[TM] DataBase Connectivity API Features in Oracle 10g Database
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 74 Issue 2 2004-04-12 Article 12788 from section "Developer's Section" Tutorial on Concepts and Usage The Oracle Technology Network provides a tutorial that outlines the features of Java[TM] DataBase Connectivity (JDBC[TM]) technology in relation to the new enhancements that they bring to the Oracle 10g database. The tutorial evaluates Web RowSets, Connection Cache, and Named Parameters, IEEE datatypes -- BINARY_DOUBLE and BINARY_FLOAT, and PL/SQL Index-by Tables. Each section in the tutorial covers topics such as concepts, design, required software, setup and application usage. Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/74/2/opt-dev/?12788#12788 Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you via email each week in PDF, text or HTML. Only the sections that you select will be included in your copy of the news magazine. Subscribe at http://sun.systemnews.com/subscribe (c) 2004 System News, Inc. http://www.systemnews.com ...

Oracle database works properly but from designers tools I can't connect to database
I've installed Oracle 10G on my computer. I can log in using system account. by plsql. I've installed designer and tried to log from designers plsql to the same databse also using sys account - I could not't, I got ora-1017 error. What I'm doing wrong, why plsql from database installation connects me and one from designer installation disallow me from connecting ? I need databse just to run designer for entity and processes diagrams. I need Barkers notation so I can only use Oracle Designer because it's the only tool with Barkers notation. Hope to get some help from You, Jacek On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 13:10:05 -0800, Jacek Maria Jackowski wrote: > I've installed Oracle 10G on my computer. I can log in using system > account. by plsql. I've installed designer and tried to log from > designers plsql to the same databse also using sys account - I could > not't, I got ora-1017 error. What I'm doing wrong, why plsql from > database installation connects me and one from designer installation > disallow me from connecting ? I need databse just to run designer for > entity and processes diagrams. I need Barkers notation so I can only use > Oracle Designer because it's the only tool with Barkers notation. > > Hope to get some help from You, > Jacek [oracle@oracle16 ~]$ oerr ora 1017 01017, 00000, "invalid username/password; logon denied" // *Cause: // *Action: [oracle@oracle16 ~]$ Have you tried using...

Using the DBI to connect to an Oracle server w/o connecting to a database
I've searched for the answer to this problem and have not seen it (which suggests what the answer might be ;-) ). Is it possible to use DBI (and DBD::Oracle) to connect to an Oracle server without connecting to a database? This would be the DBI equivalent of: sqlplus /nolog SQL> connect user/passwd@database; or, more similarly: sqlplus /nolog @my.sql where my.sql might be: connect user/passwd@database; select ... etc. I'm thinking this is not possible, but I hope it is. Thanks. Quoth Tim <google@hoodfamily.org>: > I've searched for the answer to this problem and...

tcl database connection for Oracle MySQL PostgreSQL Sybase "Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine" DB2 Interbase/Firebird SQLite Microsoft Access
Hello everyone, There are many people that are looking for/missing the support for their database within TCL. Somehow this was overlooked: http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/index.html It has native TCL API and supports most popular databases. One problem: It doesn't have production ready support on Windows, but for the lucky people who use Linux/Unix, it seems to be an excellent solution, while TDBC is being developed. One small correction, the TCL part of the db connection will work just fine on Windows connecting to sqlrelay running on Linux/Unix (which, in turn, can connect to the database running on Windows :) ). What doesn't have production ready support (according to developers) is sqlrelay running on Windows. ...

Hello, I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? So, what is the correct syntax ? Thanks for your help Cyril "Cyril" <jewelk@free.fr> wrote in message news:cd38c3d6.0408100617.6f7b9f3e@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. > > Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? > So, what is the correct syntax ? > > > Thanks for your help > &...

Connectivity Between two saperate Database (oracle 8 and oracle 9i)
Dear Sir, We Would like to migrate to oracle 9i from oracle 8. Presently We are on oracle 8 (live) . Can anyone suggest a way by which we can phase out the migration process. We intend to migrate User-wise. We have aprx 10 live users.(e.g. finance, payroll, production etc..). My problem is inter-connectivity between diff. users. like 'Payroll' select/update rows in 'Finance'. If I migrate Finance from oracle 8 to Oracle 9i How to ensure that these select/update does not fail. Kishan Thakker kishanthakker@gmail.com wrote: > Dear Sir, > > We Would like to migrate to oracle 9i from oracle 8. Presently We are > on oracle 8 (live) . Can anyone suggest a way by which we can phase out > the migration process. We intend to migrate User-wise. We have aprx 10 > live users.(e.g. finance, payroll, production etc..). My problem is > inter-connectivity between diff. users. like 'Payroll' select/update > rows in 'Finance'. If I migrate Finance from oracle 8 to Oracle 9i How > to ensure that these select/update does not fail. > > Kishan Thakker How much data? Which version of 9i? Which version of 8? How much downtime is possible? -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org ...

Unable to connect to Oracle 9i database via Oracle 6i Developer
I've successfully installed Oracle 9i Release 9.2.0.1.0 and Oracle Forms Developer and Forms Server 6i (Patch 2) on a stand-alone PC running on Windows XP Pro but cannot connect to my Oracle databases via Developer's various functions -- Graphics Builder, Query Builder, Schema Builder, Procedure Builder, and Translation Builder. As you know, these functions want to connect to a database but I get this error at the Connect screen: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name As info, the user name and password are fine for both Oracle 9i and Developer. Oracle 9i works fine. I can connect to my databases (Demo and OpsData) with no problem in 9i's SQLPlus window. It's the connections via Developer that's the problem. (In case you need to know, Oracle 9i reside in the C:\Oracle\ora92 directory with ora92 as the HOME. Developer 6i resides in the C:\Oracle\ora9i directory with ora9i as its HOME.) The TNSNAMES.ORA file for Oracle 9i reads as follows: # TNSNAMES.ORA Network Configuration File: C:\oracle\ora92\network\admin\tnsnames.ora # Generated by Oracle configuration tools. OPSDATA = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = jgyk801)(PORT = 1521)) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = OpsData.jgyk801) ) ) INST1_HTTP = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = jgyk801)(PORT = 1521)) ) (CON...

Can you import an Oracle 10G database into a 9I database
Good afternoon, I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? Thanks, Chris Boerman cboerman@comcast.net schreef: > Good afternoon, > > I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into > an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? > > Thanks, > Chris Boerman > Of course. It's called downgrading. Or, if you do not want to downgrade, only if you're: 1) skillful 2) lucky You must be lucky, or I would not be answering this. Ever read the "New Features since 9i" chapters on 10G? Why do you think these are called "new"? So, export, using the 9i tool - if you're lucky, that works. Import, using the 9i tool - if you're lucky, that works. -- Regards, Frank van Bortel Top-posting is one way to shut me up... On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:27:32 +0200, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel@gmail.com> wrote: >cboerman@comcast.net schreef: >> Good afternoon, >> >> I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into >> an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? >> >> Thanks, >> Chris Boerman >> > >Of course. It's called downgrading. > >Or, if you do not want to downgrade, only if you're: >1) skillful >2) lucky > >You must be lucky, or I would not be answering this. >Ever read the "New Features since 9i"...

Re: Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle #3
Hi Mark. >>Then creating current directry <your database.dbs> > >I think you mean it creates a directory called <your database>.exp. Yes, thanks. -- Tsutomu Ogiwara from Tokyo Japan. ICQ#:168106592 _________________________________________________________________ Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail sending to informix-list ...

Re: Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle #2

Oracle databases on a server

username and password on Oracle connection string (jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:Port:dataBase)
Hi, Can an Oracle JDBC connection string take a username and password? The plain version of an Oracle connection string is jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:Port:dataBase If it's possible to add username/password to that string, what is the prorper syntax? Thanks for your help. Wolfgang. Wolfgang wrote: > > Can an Oracle JDBC connection string take a username and password? > The plain version of an Oracle connection string is > jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:Port:dataBase > > If it's possible to add username/password to that string, what is the > p...

username and password on Oracle connection string (jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:Port:dataBase)
Hi, Can an Oracle JDBC connection string take a username and password? The plain version of an Oracle connection string is username and password on Oracle connection string jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:Port:dataBase If it's possible to add username/password to that string, what is the prorper syntax? Thanks for your help. Wolfgang. "Wolfgang" <Mott@nospam.UNM.edu> wrote in message news:3f8330a6.24586984@nntp.ucsb.edu... > Hi, > > Can an Oracle JDBC connection string take a username and password? > The plain version of an Oracle connection string is username and > password on Oracle connection string > jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:Port:dataBase > > If it's possible to add username/password to that string, what is the > prorper syntax? Try to use: jdbc:oracle:thin:username/password@host:Port:dataBase > > Thanks for your help. > > Wolfgang. -- WBR, Andrey Vakhnin Try: DriverManager.getConnection ("jdbc:oracle:thin:@" + dbmsHost + ":" + dbmsPortNumber + ":" + dbmsName, userName, passWord); Frank. "Wolfgang" <Mott@nospam.UNM.edu> wrote in message news:3f8330a6.24586984@nntp.ucsb.edu... > Hi, > > Can an Oracle JDBC connection string take a username and password? > The plain version of an Oracle connection string is username and > password on Oracle connection string > jdbc:oracle:thin:@hos...

Oracle 10g Grid control could not establish connection to target database.
Hi all, I am using oracle grid control 10g R2. I have installed grid control on one mechine and grid control service on another compurter. Through enterprise manager I ma able to find the mechine from "Target" tab, but when I set the credential for that mechine, it gives me a massage "Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection". If any one have any solution for this error or need further clarification please let me know. Thanks and Regards Rahul ...

Web resources about - Establishing connection from Oracle Database to DB2 database - comp.databases.oracle.server

Treaty establishing a Constitution for Europe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Treaty establishing a Constitution for Europe (TCE), (commonly referred to as the European Constitution or as the Constitutional Treaty ), ...

Establishing Shot: The 405 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Photo by Mrs. Newbie. Nearly 15,000 views! This is I-405 on the west side. This is Los Angeles, without a doubt. NOTE: I changed the rights to ...

Successfully Establishing and Representing DevOps in an Audit by James DeLuccia - YouTube
Presented at FlowCon San Francisco 2013 http://flowcon.org/flowcon-sanfran-2013/schedule/index.jsp Organizations and development teams are moving ...

Establishing sleep patterns early in life key to avoiding future problems
Children have just the first five years of life to develop good sleeping habits before they are at risk of adjusting poorly to school and developing ...

Why NRL should revisit idea of establishing its own TV channel
WAY back in 1994, pay television was but a twinkling in Australia's eye. But ARL head honchos John Quayle and Ken Arthurson had an idea:

Establishing sleep patterns early in life key to avoiding future problems
Children have just the first five years of life to develop good sleeping habits before they are at risk of adjusting poorly to school and developing ...

France releases case establishing chemical attack against Assad
A FRENCH intelligence report says forces loyal to Bashar al-Assad carried out a "massive" chemical attack last month, as the Syrian leader warned ...

Establishing sleep patterns early in life key to avoiding future problems
Children have just the first five years of life to develop good sleeping habits before they are at risk of adjusting poorly to school and developing ...

Trade union royal commission: Federal Government establishing police taskforce to investigate corruption ...
... a police taskforce to investigate evidence of criminal conduct uncovered by the trade union royal commission. The Federal Government is establishing ...

Boko Haram says it's establishing Islamic Caliphate in Nigeria
Boko Haram, Nigeria's Islamic extremist rebel group, said it controls the northeastern city of Gwoza and has added it to an Islamic state that ...