Export oracle 10G database errors

I have an oracle database version 10G running on solaris 5.8 and when
I export the database I get a bunch of error messages which I dont
know how to get ride of ???

.. exporting private type synonyms
.. exporting object type definitions
.. exporting system procedural objects and actions
EXP-00008: ORACLE error 6550 encountered
ORA-06550: line 1, column 13:
PLS-00201: identifier 'EXFSYS.DBMS_EXPFIL_DEPASEXP' must be declared
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PL/SQL: Statement ignored
EXP-00083: The previous problem occurred when calling
EXFSYS.DBMS_EXPFIL_DEPASEX
P.system_info_exp
EXP-00008: ORACLE error 6550 encountered
ORA-06550: line 1, column 13:
PLS-00201: identifier 'EXFSYS.DBMS_EXPFIL_DEPASEXP' must be declared
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PL/SQL: Statement ignored
EXP-00083: The previous problem occurred when calling
EXFSYS.DBMS_EXPFIL_DEPASEX
P.system_info_exp
.. exporting pre-schema procedural objects and actions
EXP-00008: ORACLE error 6550 encountered
ORA-06550: line 1, column 13:
PLS-00201: identifier 'EXFSYS.DBMS_EXPFIL_DEPASEXP' must be declared
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PL/SQL: Statement ignored
0
evoradba (23)

"Maria" <evoradba@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> I have an oracle database version 10G running on solaris 5.8 and when
> I export the database I get a bunch of error messages which I dont
> know how to get ride of ???
>
> . exporting private type synonyms
> . exporting object type definitions
> . exporting system procedural objects and actions
> EXP-00008: ORACLE error 6550 encountered
> ORA-06550: line 1, column 13:
> PLS-00201: identifier 'EXFSYS.DBMS_EXPFIL_DEPASEXP' must be declared
> ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
> PL/SQL: Statement ignored
> EXP-00083: The previous problem occurred when calling
> EXFSYS.DBMS_EXPFIL_DEPASEX
> P.system_info_exp
> EXP-00008: ORACLE error 6550 encountered
> ORA-06550: line 1, column 13:
> PLS-00201: identifier 'EXFSYS.DBMS_EXPFIL_DEPASEXP' must be declared
> ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
> PL/SQL: Statement ignored
> EXP-00083: The previous problem occurred when calling
> EXFSYS.DBMS_EXPFIL_DEPASEX
> P.system_info_exp
> . exporting pre-schema procedural objects and actions
> EXP-00008: ORACLE error 6550 encountered
> ORA-06550: line 1, column 13:
> PLS-00201: identifier 'EXFSYS.DBMS_EXPFIL_DEPASEXP' must be declared
> ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
> PL/SQL: Statement ignored

Looks like something was not or did not run properly during DB creation,
catproc.sql, etc.

0
sinkiege (118)

Can you import an Oracle 10G database into a 9I database
Good afternoon, I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? Thanks, Chris Boerman cboerman@comcast.net schreef: > Good afternoon, > > I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into > an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? > > Thanks, > Chris Boerman > Of course. It's called downgrading. Or, if you do not want to downgrade, only if you're: 1) skillful 2) lucky You must be lucky, or I would not be answering this. Ever read the "New Features since 9i" chapters on 10G? Why do you think these are called "new"? So, export, using the 9i tool - if you're lucky, that works. Import, using the 9i tool - if you're lucky, that works. -- Regards, Frank van Bortel Top-posting is one way to shut me up... On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:27:32 +0200, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel@gmail.com> wrote: >cboerman@comcast.net schreef: >> Good afternoon, >> >> I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into >> an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? >> >> Thanks, >> Chris Boerman >> > >Of course. It's called downgrading. > >Or, if you do not want to downgrade, only if you're: >1) skillful >2) lucky > >You must be lucky, or I would not be answering this. >Ever read the "New Features since 9i"...

Why the size of Oracle 10g database is much smaller than Oracle 9i?
Oracle 10g only requires 1 disk (604MB); whereas Oracle 9i requires 3 disks (1.3 GB). I was very surprised why Oracle 10g requires so less disk spaces. Am I missing something? Or this is the improvement from Oracle on disk size? I assume Oracle 10g is much more better than Oracle 9i in terms of technologies and performance. Any comments from Oracle 10g users? Please advise. Thanks!! "Matt" <jrefactors@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ba8a039e.0411141912.71c7d598@posting.google.com... > Oracle 10g only requires 1 disk (604MB); whereas Oracle 9i requires 3 > disks (1.3 GB). I was very surprised why Oracle 10g requires so less > disk spaces. > Am I missing something? Or this is the improvement from Oracle > on disk size? I assume Oracle 10g is much more better than Oracle 9i > in terms of technologies and performance. Any comments from Oracle 10g > users? > > Please advise. Thanks!! They refactored it and made it a lot more efficient and smaller. Jim Matt wrote: > Oracle 10g only requires 1 disk (604MB); whereas Oracle 9i requires 3 > disks (1.3 GB). I was very surprised why Oracle 10g requires so less > disk spaces. > Am I missing something? Or this is the improvement from Oracle > on disk size? I assume Oracle 10g is much more better than Oracle 9i > in terms of technologies and performance. Any comments from Oracle 10g > users? > > Please advise. Thanks!! Actually, to get the same set of options ...

Strange Network Error on Oracle Database Server
Hi Oracle Gurus, We are experiencing a strange Oracle database server(Windows 2003) behaviour When we try to start Oracle database from services -- It does not start the database and in Oradim.log we see following error -- ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error and in sqlnet.ora -- Fatal NI connect error 12560, connecting to: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=BEQ)(PROGRAM=oracle)(ARGV0=oracleORCL)(ARGS='(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))'))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=ORCL)(CID=(PROGRAM=C:\oracle\ora90\bin\oradim.exe)(HOST=host02)(USER=SYSTEM)))) However, If I try to manually start the database by login in as sys, it gets started. I have already tried following (a) Recreate the service using Oradim.exe (b) Removed sqlnet.ora file from C:\Oracle\Ora90\network\ADMIN What can be the possible reason(s) for this. Thanks If you can connect to the database instance, even if it is "idle", the service must have started. Without the service having started, you cannot connect via sqlplus.exe even on the server console (on win32). Perhaps it is taking a relatively long time for the database instance to be completely open - and the error message that you show above is a timed out connection attempt? Is the ORACLE_SID of interest "ORCL"? When you re-created the OS Service, did you set the startmode to auto or manual? Is there an init.ora in the %ORACLE_HOME%\database folder that has an IFILE entry to the real parameter file? Is the service owned by a...

Oracle 10g OCI based application talking to an Oracle 9i database
Hi all, Got a question. I have an OCI C++ application that is written using the Oracle 10g OCI includes, etc ... This of course is running on a 10g client. The client OS is actually a Windows x64 system since 10g is the only native OCI client right now for 64 bit Windows systems. So this all works fine. Now, I am communicating with an Oracle 9i database server. Is there anything wrong or invalid about this configuration ? I didn't think that there was but I was asked to confirm this, that is having an Oracle 10g client communicating with an Oracle 9i database. Our application is making very straight forward OCI calls, and we are not using any of the newer OCI calls that were introduced in 10g, just the ones that are available in 9i OCI. Thanks in advance, Nick On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 11:01:32 -0700, "Nicholas Palmer" <nick@kcicorp.com> wrote: >Got a question. I have an OCI C++ application that is written using the >Oracle 10g OCI includes, etc ... This of course is running on a 10g client. >The client OS is actually a Windows x64 system since 10g is the only native >OCI client right now for 64 bit Windows systems. So this all works fine. >Now, I am communicating with an Oracle 9i database server. Is there anything >wrong or invalid about this configuration ? I didn't think that there was >but I was asked to confirm this, that is having an Oracle 10g client >communicating with an Oracle 9i database. Our applica...

Oracle 10g database control export/import questions
I am using Oracle 10.2.0.3 on HP UNIX 11i. I have created database control using dbca command in a database instance, e.g., db1. If I do full export of db1 and recreate the database using full import, do I need to rerun emca command. I know during full import/export Oracle does not create sys objects. Are db control's objects created from sys or using system? Before import operation you must create new database(using dbca or db creation scripts).exported file can only import in an existing database. On Oct 23, 4:28 am, okys <elmas...@gmail.com> wrote: > Before import operation you must create new database(using dbca or db > creation scripts).exported file can only import in an existing > database. Yes, I will create the database, question is how much database needs tto be created, For example fullimport can create tablespaces etc. question is will it bring all database objects created by database control (emca or not). I know if one has jvm installed in database, import does not bring it, it has to be manually installed. Same way does database control need to be manually installed. On Oct 23, 4:28 am, okys <elmas...@gmail.com> wrote: > Before import operation you must create new database(using dbca or db > creation scripts).exported file can only import in an existing > database. I see the confusion. Sorry, I meant to say I created database control using emca command not dbca. One create database using dbca, scripts generated b...

SN#12788 Java[TM] DataBase Connectivity API Features in Oracle 10g Database
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 74 Issue 2 2004-04-12 Article 12788 from section "Developer's Section" Tutorial on Concepts and Usage The Oracle Technology Network provides a tutorial that outlines the features of Java[TM] DataBase Connectivity (JDBC[TM]) technology in relation to the new enhancements that they bring to the Oracle 10g database. The tutorial evaluates Web RowSets, Connection Cache, and Named Parameters, IEEE datatypes -- BINARY_DOUBLE and BINARY_FLOAT, and PL/SQL Index-by Tables. Each section in the tutorial covers topics such as concepts, design, required software, setup and application usage. Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/74/2/opt-dev/?12788#12788 Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you via email each week in PDF, text or HTML. Only the sections that you select will be included in your copy of the news magazine. Subscribe at http://sun.systemnews.com/subscribe (c) 2004 System News, Inc. http://www.systemnews.com ...

Oracle Database 10g. When ?
Hi I want to know when we could download Oracle Database 10g Thanks Javier Villegas wrote: >Hi > >I want to know when we could download Oracle Database 10g > >Thanks > > > If you were in the Beta program months ago. As you are not ... after it is released. And given that no software company is going to stick its neck out and commit to a specific date in advance ... you'll just have to learn patience. About all I can tell you is that from my experience it blows 9i away and when compared with its competition from other vensors is amazing. Especially if you don' treat a database as just a hyped up version of an Excel spreadsheet. The only thing Oracle needs to do to make 10g a huge success is change its pricing model and stop treating the database as though it consists of nothing but columns and rows. -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) Daniel Morgan <damorgan@x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1064985017.992531@yasure>... > Javier Villegas wrote: > > >Hi > > > >I want to know when we could download Oracle Database 10g > > > >Thanks > > > > > > > If you were in the Beta program months ago. As you are not ... after it > is released. > > And given th...

Oracle databases on a server

Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle
Hi, I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle. - Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file? - In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert , insert ...), so you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql <file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there is a infdump direcorty) - Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a database from infomix to oracle? Best Regards Sven Anders, Digitec GmbH Sven Anders wrote: > Hi, > I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, > but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle. > > - Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file? > > - In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole > database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert , > insert ...), so > you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql > <file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there > is a > infdump direcorty) dbexport > - Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a database from > infomix to oracle? dbexport? -- Ciao, The Obnoxious One "Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi ...

Add database to existing oracle database
Hi experts, I am new in oracle.I migrated one database from ms-access to oracle 9i using oracle migration utility on my local machine.But now i need to add this oracle database from my local machine to existing main database oracle 8i on main server.Pls. tell how i can add this database from my machine to main server. I think i can use export/import utility.But i never used this utility before, pls. tell what should i need to do.And if export/import is good way to migrate database pls. explain me in steps. I'll really appreciate your kind help. Pls. reply me soon, it's urgent!!! Thanks..so much Sonika "sonika" <sonika_sehrawat@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:709618ea.0409281225.1a09da58@posting.google.com... > Hi experts, > > I am new in oracle.I migrated one database from ms-access to oracle 9i > using oracle migration utility on my local machine.But now i need to > add this oracle database from my local machine to existing main > database oracle 8i on main server.Pls. tell how i can add this > database from my machine to main server. > I think i can use export/import utility.But i never used this utility > before, pls. tell what should i need to do.And if export/import is > good way to migrate database pls. explain me in steps. > > I'll really appreciate your kind help. > Pls. reply me soon, it's urgent!!! > > Thanks..so much > Sonika You are missing a lot of letters in your typing. You m...

Oracle Database 10g R2 RAC Installation On Red Hat Linux Using VMware Server
Hi, Does any one have the install doc for Oracle Database 10g R2 RAC Installation On Red Hat Linux Using VMware Server. I googled, I searched on OTN and also searched on Metalink but no luck. Thank you RA On May 29, 5:54 pm, RA <ang...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Does any one have the install doc for Oracle Database 10g R2 RAC > Installation On Red Hat Linux Using VMware Server. I googled, I > searched on OTN and also searched on Metalink but no luck. > > Thank you > RA Wow you must have missed all the good spots. Try Jeffery Hunters site over at http://www.idevelopment.info or Howard Rogers site at http://www.dizwell.com/prod Be prepared to take their recommendations and follow their documentation exactly. Jeffrey has a nice article on a complete 2 node install of RAC using vmware ... think he uses a clone of red hat in the article. On 30 mayo, 00:24, hpuxrac <johnbhur...@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > On May 29, 5:54 pm, RA <ang...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Hi, > > > Does any one have the install doc for Oracle Database 10g R2 RAC > > Installation On Red Hat Linux Using VMware Server. I googled, I > > searched on OTN and also searched on Metalink but no luck. > > > Thank you > > RA > > Wow you must have missed all the good spots. > > Try Jeffery Hunters site over athttp://www.idevelopment.infoor > Howard Rogers site athttp://www.dizwell.com/prod > > Be prepare...

Oracle(r) Database 10g Release 2 Outperforms Microsoft SQL Server 2005 in Head-to-Head Comparison
Third Party Study Proves Oracle Database Can Deliver Substantial Savings Over Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Read Full Detail at http://technology-post.com/tech/?p=516 ...

oracle 9i database on a aix 4.3.3 server trying to use a 32 bit compiler- error ksms.imp
We are trying to get a new setup to work. We have an Oracle 9.2.0.4 database on AIX 4.3.3. This database is using the 64 bit kernel extension. We have installed Server Express 2.1 for 4.3.3 (MF cobol compiler) which is a 32 bit app. We tried to edit the makefile used for AIX 4.3.3, MF cobol compiler OCDS, Oracle database 8.1.6. We learned about needing to relink rstora32, and the procob32� that has been done. We changed out markefile to point to all the 9i oracle 32 bit directories. We are note experienced with makefiles and not sure our makefile is ok. We are now having problems with the 32 bit version of ksms.imp. At first the file was empty. To resolve that problem we: Generated the ksms.imp as follows.. @ORACLE_HOME/bin/genksms > $ORACLE_HOME/lib32/ksms.imp and relinked the "genksms" binary: make �f $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib32/ins_rdbms.mk $ORACLE_HOME/bin/genksms Do you know if we built this correctly? We do not seem to be able to compile without using the variable ...please note the error with the variable for ksms.imp and without that variable�. I hve included the makefile below Thanks 1. Problem when makefile has commented out line #LIMPEXP=$(LIBHOME)/ksms.imp This error is received for every line of code ld: 0711-418 ERROR: Import or export file /u00/app/oracle/product/9.2.0/lib32/ks ms.imp at line 4219: A symbol name may only be followed by an export attribute or an address. The line is being ignore...

Establishing connection from Oracle Database to DB2 database
Hi, Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on the same. Waiting for reply. Its critical umeshchoudhary@gmail.com (U C) wrote in news:d06590c8.0504252348.71a5c6f8@posting.google.com: > Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database > oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on > the same. > > Waiting for reply. Its critical > use PERL between the two DBs. >Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database >oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on >the same. >Waiting for reply. Its critical http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:4406709207206#18830681837358 I have used this to example to connect to DB2. chet ...

Hello, I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? So, what is the correct syntax ? Thanks for your help Cyril "Cyril" <jewelk@free.fr> wrote in message news:cd38c3d6.0408100617.6f7b9f3e@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. > > Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? > So, what is the correct syntax ? > > > Thanks for your help > &...

AWR in oracle database 10g
Hi All, I would like to know if AWR (Automatic Workload Repository) in oracle database 10g is an enhanced version of statspack tightly integrated with the database or it is more than that? Many Thanks, KDB itzkdb@rediffmail.com (KDB) writes: > Hi All, > I would like to know if AWR (Automatic Workload Repository) in > oracle database 10g is an enhanced version of statspack tightly > integrated with the database or it is more than that? > From the 10g concepts guide: "Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) is a built-in repository in every Oracle Database. At regular intervals, the Oracle Database makes a snapshot of all its vital statistics and workload information and stores them in AWR." It's a completely new feature. Harald ...

Attach a database in Oracle 10g
Hi, I have been sent a copy of a database and would like to be able to access it. I copied it to a subdirectory under the oradata directory. I'm using WinXP and Oracle 10g. How do I go about attaching to this database? I can use the Database Configuration Assistant to create a new database, but I can't find a way to attach to an existing one. Thanks, - Greg Greg Doherty wrote: > Hi, > > I have been sent a copy of a database and would like to be able to access > it. I copied it to a subdirectory under the oradata directory. I'm using > WinXP and Oracle 10g. How do I go about attaching to this database? I can > use the Database Configuration Assistant to create a new database, but I > can't find a way to attach to an existing one. > > Thanks, > - Greg > > A bit more detail would be nice. What exactly is in the database that you've been given? All data files? All online redo logs? All control files? The spfile and/or the init.ora? If yes to all of the above, and if the original database was copied when it was cold, and after it had been shutdown cleanly, then you should be able to.... 1. Use oradim at the command line to create the service needed to support the instance you're going to create. oradim -new -sid XXX -pfile c:\wherever\your\init.ora\or\spfile\is 2. set ORACLE_SID=XXX 3. Sqlplus "/ as sysdba" But it could get a lot more complicated than that. Regards HJR The databas...

Web resources about - Export oracle 10G database errors - comp.databases.oracle.server