from sql server to oracle to ANOTHER oracle

I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works.

I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle
server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another
oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax.

I try to write something like

 SELECT * FROM
  LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2

but it does not work

questions
1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ?
2) if so, how ?

thank you!

On Nov 10, 10:57=A0am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works.
>
> I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle
> server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another
> oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax.
>
> I try to write something like
>
> =A0SELECT * FROM
> =A0 LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2
>
> but it does not work
>
> questions
> 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ?
> 2) if so, how ?
>
> thank you!

use a synonym that points to the second linked table?

0
onedbguru (194)
11/11/2011 2:27:48 AM
On Nov 10, 9:27=A0pm, onedbguru <onedbg...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Nov 10, 10:57=A0am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works.
>
> > I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle
> > server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another
> > oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax.
>
> > I try to write something like
>
> > =A0SELECT * FROM
> > =A0 LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2
>
> > but it does not work
>
> > questions
> > 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ?
> > 2) if so, how ?
>
> > thank you!
>
> use a synonym that points to the second linked table?- Hide quoted text -

This is what we have done when going from one Oracle to another non-
sqlnet compatable version, that is, from Oracle_1 we reference an
object in Oracle_2 which is actuall just a remote synonym to Oracle_3.

If this will not work with SQL Server via ODBC/OLE then try replacing
the synonyms in the middle Oracle with views that reference the
objects in the second Oracle.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --
0
Mark.Powell2 (178)

SqlSpec

WINODS NT SERVER Oracle
I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, i.e., one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the workarounds. Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. Do same problem exist with pcAnywhere, VNC desktop, Citrix client. Thanks, Prem On 19 Feb 2004 18:38:10 -0800, premmehrotra@hotmail.com (Prem K Mehrotra) wrote: >I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing >the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service >Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, >i.e., >one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the >workarounds. Because Microsoft is Microsoft and Microsoft doesn't support the BEQ protocol used by Oracle for this purpose. The only lousy workaround is to use set local=<tns service name> prior to connecting to sql*plus in a cmd window. Also you can't use the lsnrctl program to start and stop the listener for the same reason. You need to bounce the service. > >Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console >wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. OEM? It works! Need to save the init.ora on the Oracle Enterprise Management Server, using OEM, but that is about there is. Or dump Microsux T...

Re: <Another Pluh>Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K
From: "PeteVickers" <pete@GUI-INNOVATIONS.COM> > Hi, > forgive the 2nd plug, but we have just uploaded the NewsWire review to the > web site, or use the direct link > http://www.gui-innovations.com/NewsWire0209.pdf > "Paul H. Christidis" <phchristidis@raytheon.com> wrote in message > > Is there a way for an IMAGE/VPLUS based application to connect, extract, > > and present to the user (based on his input) data residing on an MS SQL > > server or an ORACLE database on a different host? <plug> MPE/iX Enterpr...

Oracle DB to MS Sql Server DB Replication question...via Sql Server Views??
Hi, I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I've been asked to look into replication from Oracle to Sql Server. He's the situation: We have access to a remote Oracle database, but only read access (not allowed to configure or change the db). We own a Sql Server database with Views that use a link server to query the Oracle database. With this setup, is it possible to replicate the Oracle database? Can we do a replication from the Sql Server with the Views into another Sql Server database, and if we can, will it be able to only pull the delta for subsequent replications? Any tips and hints would be helpful. Pleeease! Thanx, Doemon doemon@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I've been asked to look > into replication from Oracle to Sql Server. He's the situation: > We have access to a remote Oracle database, but only read access (not > allowed to configure or change the db). > We own a Sql Server database with Views that use a link server to > query the Oracle database. > > With this setup, is it possible to replicate the Oracle database? Can > we do a replication from the Sql Server with the Views into another > Sql Server database, and if we can, will it be able to only pull the > delta for subsequent replications? > > Any tips and hints would be helpful. Pleeease! > I don't know the answer to the second question, nor your versions, but the first sh...

How to migrate my oracle database to another server, pls
Hi everyone, I need to migrate an oracle database to another server, but keeping all equal, like a mirror, i have my original db in Solaris server, need to change it to windows 2000 server but, like i said, keeping all, table spaces, data.... how can i do this?, or where can i find information about it?, I appreciate ur help, thx Plactoon Plactoon wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I need to migrate an oracle database to another server, but keeping all > equal, like a mirror, i have my original db in Solaris server, need to > change it to windows 2000 server but, like i said, keeping all, table > spaces, data.... > > how can i do this?, or where can i find information about it?, > > I appreciate ur help, > > thx > > Plactoon And the version and size are irrelevant? ;-) -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org On 1 Aug 2006 15:18:38 -0700, "Plactoon" <elsersupremo@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi everyone, > >I need to migrate an oracle database to another server, but keeping all >equal, like a mirror, i have my original db in Solaris server, need to >change it to windows 2000 server but, like i said, keeping all, table >spaces, data.... > >how can i do this?, or where can i find information about it?, > >I appreciate ur help, > >thx > >Plactoon That would be an inadvisible ...

sql command to list all databases in the oracle server
Hi, could u help me, what is the sql command to list all existing databases in a oracle server? dalu.gelu@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > could u help me, what is the sql command to list all existing databases > in a oracle server? Please read the Oracle Concepts Manual. There are Instances and Databases and Schemas. There is no such thing as multiple databases in a single instance. There are multiple schemas! (select distinct owner from dba_tables) Multiple instances can only be listed on O/S level. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA only one database in oracle server, see v$database view sybrandb wrote: > dalu.gelu@gmail.com wrote: > > Hi, > > > > could u help me, what is the sql command to list all existing databases > > in a oracle server? > > Please read the Oracle Concepts Manual. > There are Instances and Databases and Schemas. > There is no such thing as multiple databases in a single instance. > There are multiple schemas! (select distinct owner from dba_tables) > Multiple instances can only be listed on O/S level. > > -- > Sybrand Bakker > Senior Oracle DBA dalu.gelu@gmail.com wrote: > could u help me, what is the sql command to list all existing > databases in a oracle server? Depends what you mean by "database" and "server". If "server" means a physical, computer server and you want to see all the Oracle instances ("databases"), on most ...

Opening files from one server to another (connect to Apache/Oracle server)
Hi, We have a web setup where we're using two servers, one of which is using an ASP application running a SQL Server database, the other is using Oracle with Apache. Basically, we want users to be able to open files such as Adobe Acrobat PDF documents (which are stored on the Oracle server) via clicking links in pages on the other (SQL) server. We have security set up that each site requires a user ID and password to access site content, so we need to figure out how we can make the sites communicate that when the file link is clicked, the file is opened. We currently get a 404 (Forbidden) message. I've been told that there are stored settings in some header section (not sure if this would be Apache or Oracle doing this) to handle the user ID and password security, so my guess is we need info as to how we can make the sites handshake with this protocol. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Brian ...

US-TX-Austin: Oracle/ SQL DBA Developer, SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer; (45301434694)
US-TX-Austin: Oracle/ SQL DBA Developer, SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer; (45301434694) ============================================================================================= A strong data base developer / database admin needed for contract to hire opportunity in Austin Texas. Significant Oracle experience would be a must as well as strong MS SQL Server Submit responses to jgoolsby@eurosoft-inc.com ..45301434694. ...

US-TX-Austin: Oracle/ SQL DBA Developer, SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer; (45302432405)
US-TX-Austin: Oracle/ SQL DBA Developer, SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer; (45302432405) ============================================================================================= A strong data base developer / database admin needed for contract to hire opportunity in Austin Texas. Significant Oracle experience would be a must as well as strong MS SQL Server Submit responses to gcameron@eurosoft-inc.com ..45302432405. ...

US-TX-Austin: Oracle/ SQL DBA Developer, SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer; (45301157618)
US-TX-Austin: Oracle/ SQL DBA Developer, SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer; (45301157618) ============================================================================================= A strong data base developer / database admin needed for contract to hire opportunity in Austin Texas. Significant Oracle experience would be a must as well as strong MS SQL Server Submit responses to jgoolsby@eurosoft-inc.com ..45301157618. ...

US-TX-Austin: Oracle/ SQL DBA Developer, SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer; (45302132408)
US-TX-Austin: Oracle/ SQL DBA Developer, SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer; (45302132408) ============================================================================================= A strong data base developer / database admin needed for contract to hire opportunity in Austin Texas. Significant Oracle experience would be a must as well as strong MS SQL Server Submit responses to gcameron@eurosoft-inc.com ..45302132408. ...

US-TX-Austin: Oracle/ SQL DBA Developer, SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer; (45301758079)
US-TX-Austin: Oracle/ SQL DBA Developer, SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer; (45301758079) ============================================================================================= A strong data base developer / database admin needed for contract to hire opportunity in Austin Texas. Significant Oracle experience would be a must as well as strong MS SQL Server Submit responses to jgoolsby@eurosoft-inc.com ..45301758079. ...

US-TX-Austin: Oracle/ SQL DBA Developer, SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer; (45300232401)
US-TX-Austin: Oracle/ SQL DBA Developer, SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer; (45300232401) ============================================================================================= A strong data base developer / database admin needed for contract to hire opportunity in Austin Texas. Significant Oracle experience would be a must as well as strong MS SQL Server Submit responses to jgoolsby@eurosoft-inc.com ..45300232401. ...

US-TX-Austin: Oracle/ SQL DBA Developer, SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer; (45303032403)
US-TX-Austin: Oracle/ SQL DBA Developer, SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer; (45303032403) ============================================================================================= A strong data base developer / database admin needed for contract to hire opportunity in Austin Texas. Significant Oracle experience would be a must as well as strong MS SQL Server Submit responses to gcameron@eurosoft-inc.com ..45303032403. ...

US-TX-Austin: Oracle/ SQL DBA Developer, SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer; (45301132405)
US-TX-Austin: Oracle/ SQL DBA Developer, SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer; (45301132405) ============================================================================================= A strong data base developer / database admin needed for contract to hire opportunity in Austin Texas. Significant Oracle experience would be a must as well as strong MS SQL Server Submit responses to jgoolsby@eurosoft-inc.com ..45301132405. ...

US-TX-Austin: Oracle/ SQL DBA Developer, SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer; (45301953330)
US-TX-Austin: Oracle/ SQL DBA Developer, SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer; (45301953330) ============================================================================================= A strong data base developer / database admin needed for contract to hire opportunity in Austin Texas. Significant Oracle experience would be a must as well as strong MS SQL Server Submit responses to gcameron@eurosoft-inc.com ..45301953330. ...

[...]

US-TX-Austin: Oracle/ SQL DBA Developer, SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer; (45300532411)
US-TX-Austin: Oracle/ SQL DBA Developer, SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer; (45300532411) ============================================================================================= A strong data base developer / database admin needed for contract to hire opportunity in Austin Texas. Significant Oracle experience would be a must as well as strong MS SQL Server Submit responses to jgoolsby@eurosoft-inc.com ..45300532411. ...

Web resources about - from sql server to oracle to ANOTHER oracle - comp.databases.oracle.server

[Watch Live] Washington D.C. Bald Eagle Cam: 2nd Egg Cracks
One of two eggs has hatched on the webcam at National Arboretum. The world watches for No. 2 on #dceaglecam

South Carolina, New York State consider refugee registries
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — While Republican front-runner Donald Trump continues to make waves nationally for his comments about banning Muslims from ...

‘The dice were loaded in Hulk Hogan’s favor,' lawyers say of the Gawker trial
A Florida jury decided on Friday evening that Gawker Media must pay Hulk Hogan (Terry Bollea) $115 million in damages after running a sex tape ...

SCOTUS Nominee Merrick Garland The Subject Of President, GOP, Weekly Addresses; Republic Senator Calls ...
Since President Obama announced his SCOTUS nominee, Merrick Garland, the nation — particularly politicians and pundits — has debated whether ...

Suicide bomb attack in Istanbul kills 5, including Israeli
Fox News Suicide bomb attack in Istanbul kills 5, including Israeli Fox News ISTANBUL – A suicide attack on Istanbul's main pedestrian shopping ...

Salah Abdeslam, Alleged Paris Terrorist, Is Cooperating With Authorities, Will Fight Extradition To France ...
Salah Abdeslam, the last surviving terrorist believed responsible for the November 13, 2015 terrorist attacks in Paris, is said to be cooperating ...

Pope Francis Joins Instagram, Gains 157,000 Followers In One Hour
The pope has joined Instagram, under the @franciscus Instagram handle, and within one hour, the verified account of Pope Francis gained more ...

Texas Girl Whose Father Was Slain Died From Gunshot Wounds
Medical examiners say the 14-year-old Houston-area girl whose body was found in a grassy field in west Houston died from gunshot wounds

Khloe Kardashian Runs from Photographers While In Disguise with Kendall & Kylie Jenner!
Khloe Kardashian wears a gray wig and carries a cane while running through the streets in complete disguise on Friday (March 18) in Hollywood. ...

Puppy Tied, Left to Drown on Los Angeles-Area Beach
Authorities search for someone who left a puppy tied to a plastic shovel to drown on a Los Angeles-area beach