Help: database can not be see from DBCA

Dear group,

I am testing 1203 on linux, RAC.

After I finished installing, and created database by DBCA, everything
works fine.

After that, I issued
$srvctl remove database -d rac
and then
$srvctl add database -d rac -o /opt/oracle/10g
$srvctl add instance -d rac -i rac1 -n vlinux1
$srvctl add instance -d rac -i rac2 -n vlinux2

Everything seems working fine, but my DBCA can not recognize my
database.  The "delete option","configuration option","service
management" all greyed out.

Can somebody help me here?

Thanks

On Oct 30, 10:01 am, emdproduct...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Dear group,
>
> I am testing 1203 on linux, RAC.
>
> After I finished installing, and created database by DBCA, everything
> works fine.
>
> After that, I issued
> $srvctl remove database -d rac
> and then
> $srvctl add database -d rac -o /opt/oracle/10g
> $srvctl add instance -d rac -i rac1 -n vlinux1
> $srvctl add instance -d rac -i rac2 -n vlinux2
>
> Everything seems working fine, but my DBCA can not recognize my
> database.  The "delete option","configuration option","service
> management" all greyed out.
>
> Can somebody help me here?
>
> Thanks

Hi,

No offense intended, but didn't you ask this same question two weeks
ago?  IIRC, people asked some questions about your setup, but you
didn't respond.  I would suggest tacking onto that thread rather than
creating a new one.

HTH,

Steve

0
stevedhoward (759)
10/30/2007 2:53:04 PM
Steve,

Thanks for your advice.  I did ask the question before, but at that
time, I did not remember what is the real reason, what steps i did to
cause the problem, because I tried so many things.

Now after several trial, I realized what is that I did, and I can
consistently reproduce the problem.

That is why I post again.

Thanks

emdproduction@hotmail.com wrote:
> Dear group,
>
> I am testing 1203 on linux, RAC.
>
> After I finished installing, and created database by DBCA, everything
> works fine.
>
> After that, I issued
> $srvctl remove database -d rac
> and then
> $srvctl add database -d rac -o /opt/oracle/10g
> $srvctl add instance -d rac -i rac1 -n vlinux1
> $srvctl add instance -d rac -i rac2 -n vlinux2
>
> Everything seems working fine, but my DBCA can not recognize my
> database.  The "delete option","configuration option","service
> management" all greyed out.
>
> Can somebody help me here?
>
> Thanks

For RAC, I suggest always using the DBCA to create the database. Why did
you remove the database with srvctl?

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba@nospam.peasland.net
http://www.peasland.net

dba (518)
10/30/2007 7:41:00 PM
On Oct 30, 1:14 pm, emdproduct...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Steve,
>
> Thanks for your advice.  I did ask the question before, but at that
> time, I did not remember what is the real reason, what steps i did to
> cause the problem, because I tried so many things.
>
> Now after several trial, I realized what is that I did, and I can
> consistently reproduce the problem.
>
> That is why I post again.
>
> Thanks
>
> > Hi,
>
> > No offense intended, but didn't you ask this same question two weeks
> > ago?  IIRC, people asked some questions about your setup, but you
> > didn't respond.  I would suggest tacking onto that thread rather than
> > creating a new one.
>
> > HTH,
>
> > Steve

No problem.

What do you see when you type crs_stat -t at the command line?

HTH,

Steve

0
stevedhoward (759)
10/30/2007 8:14:59 PM

> No problem.
>
> What do you see when you type crs_stat -t at the command line?
>
> HTH,
>
> Steve

[root@vlinux1 root]# /opt/oracle/crs/bin/crs_stat -t
Name           Type           Target    State     Host
ora.rac.db     application    ONLINE    ONLINE    vlinux2
ora....c1.inst application    ONLINE    ONLINE    vlinux1
ora....c2.inst application    ONLINE    ONLINE    vlinux2
ora....SM1.asm application    ONLINE    ONLINE    vlinux1
ora....X1.lsnr application    ONLINE    ONLINE    vlinux1
ora....ux1.gsd application    ONLINE    ONLINE    vlinux1
ora....ux1.ons application    ONLINE    ONLINE    vlinux1
ora....ux1.vip application    ONLINE    ONLINE    vlinux1
ora....SM2.asm application    ONLINE    ONLINE    vlinux2
ora....X2.lsnr application    ONLINE    ONLINE    vlinux2
ora....ux2.gsd application    ONLINE    ONLINE    vlinux2
ora....ux2.ons application    ONLINE    ONLINE    vlinux2
ora....ux2.vip application    ONLINE    ONLINE    vlinux2

On Oct 30, 3:41 pm, Brian Peasland <d...@nospam.peasland.net> wrote:
> emdproduct...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > Dear group,
>
> > I am testing 1203 on linux, RAC.
>
> > After I finished installing, and created database by DBCA, everything
> > works fine.
>
> > After that, I issued
> > $srvctl remove database -d rac
> > and then
> > $srvctl add database -d rac -o /opt/oracle/10g
> > $srvctl add instance -d rac -i rac1 -n vlinux1
> > $srvctl add instance -d rac -i rac2 -n vlinux2
>
> > Everything seems working fine, but my DBCA can not recognize my
> > database.  The "delete option","configuration option","service
> > management" all greyed out.
>
> > Can somebody help me here?
>
> > Thanks
>
> For RAC, I suggest always using the DBCA to create the database. Why did
> you remove the database with srvctl?
>
> Cheers,
> Brian
>
> --
>
> Brian Peasland
> d...@nospam.peasland.nethttp://www.peasland.net
>
> Remove the "nospam." from the email address to email me.
>
> "I can give it to you cheap, quick, and good.
> Now pick two out of the three" - Unknown
>
> --

I am learning RAC. So I am trying each srvctl commend.  Then I notice
that, if you use srvctl to remove a database, and then add it back,
DBCA will not recognize it

Either I miss something, or it is a bug?.

emdproduction@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Oct 30, 3:41 pm, Brian Peasland <d...@nospam.peasland.net> wrote:
>> emdproduct...@hotmail.com wrote:
>>> Dear group,
>>> I am testing 1203 on linux, RAC.
>>> After I finished installing, and created database by DBCA, everything
>>> works fine.
>>> After that, I issued
>>> $srvctl remove database -d rac
>>> and then
>>> $srvctl add database -d rac -o /opt/oracle/10g
>>> $srvctl add instance -d rac -i rac1 -n vlinux1
>>> $srvctl add instance -d rac -i rac2 -n vlinux2
>>> Everything seems working fine, but my DBCA can not recognize my
>>> database.  The "delete option","configuration option","service
>>> management" all greyed out.
>>> Can somebody help me here?
>>> Thanks
>> For RAC, I suggest always using the DBCA to create the database. Why did
>> you remove the database with srvctl?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Brian
>>
>> --
>>
>> Brian Peasland
>> d...@nospam.peasland.nethttp://www.peasland.net
>>
>> Remove the "nospam." from the email address to email me.
>>
>> "I can give it to you cheap, quick, and good.
>> Now pick two out of the three" - Unknown
>>
>> --
>
> I am learning RAC. So I am trying each srvctl commend.  Then I notice
> that, if you use srvctl to remove a database, and then add it back,
> DBCA will not recognize it
>
> Either I miss something, or it is a bug?.

The only bug I think here is your understanding of the word database.
It makes sense to add or remove instances (nodes). But remove a
database? What does that mean to you? If you go into SQL*Plus and type
DROP DATABASE what do you expect will happen?
--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington

> The only bug I think here is your understanding of the word database.
> It makes sense to add or remove instances (nodes). But remove a
> database? What does that mean to you? If you go into SQL*Plus and type
> DROP DATABASE what do you expect will happen?
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington
> damor...@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)

Daniel,

"$srvctl remove database -d dbname" does not physically drop the
database.  It only removes the entry of the database from OCR and CRS,
and of course what ever registry DBCA is reading from.  The database
file, spfile,controlfile,redologfile are all intact.
I can do
$srvctl add database -d dbname -o ORACLE_HOME
and everything is back on track, except DBCA is missing something
here.

Thanks

On Oct 31, 7:51 am, emdproduct...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > The only bug I think here is your understanding of the word database.
> > It makes sense to add or remove instances (nodes). But remove a
> > database? What does that mean to you? If you go into SQL*Plus and type
> > DROP DATABASE what do you expect will happen?
> > --
> > Daniel A. Morgan
> > University of Washington
> > damor...@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)
> > Puget Sound Oracle Users Groupwww.psoug.org
>
> Daniel,
>
> "$srvctl remove database -d dbname" does not physically drop the
> database.  It only removes the entry of the database from OCR and CRS,
> and of course what ever registry DBCA is reading from.  The database
> file, spfile,controlfile,redologfile are all intact.
> I can do
> $srvctl add database -d dbname -o ORACLE_HOME
> and everything is back on track, except DBCA is missing something
> here.
>
> Thanks

If you have a reproducible test case ( sorry kind of confused here
since you posted something similar a couple of weeks ago ) that fails
with current maintenance levels ( 10.2.0.3 for example or 9.2.0.8 )
then you should probably file a service request with oracle.

They can work at getting a bug filed as well as getting a documented
workaround.  That way the information can be made available to other
people.

0
johnbhurley (2707)
10/31/2007 12:03:13 PM

> If you have a reproducible test case ( sorry kind of confused here
> since you posted something similar a couple of weeks ago ) that fails
> with current maintenance levels ( 10.2.0.3 for example or 9.2.0.8 )
> then you should probably file a service request with oracle.
>
> They can work at getting a bug filed as well as getting a documented
> workaround.  That way the information can be made available to other
> people.

Thanks for the advice.

We have not bought the RAC license yet, the budget has not been
approved yet, so I can not open a TAR. It is something I will do as
soon as I got CSI# if I can not get this solved here.

It may not be a bug, maybe it is just one more command that needs to
be run after we run
"$srvctl add database -d dbnam -o OH_HOME"

It should be something like
$dbca -silent -adddb dbname(but only the the registry,not create the
database)

I just can not figure it out.

On Oct 31, 8:45 am, emdproduct...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > If you have a reproducible test case ( sorry kind of confused here
> > since you posted something similar a couple of weeks ago ) that fails
> > with current maintenance levels ( 10.2.0.3 for example or 9.2.0.8 )
> > then you should probably file a service request with oracle.
>
> > They can work at getting a bug filed as well as getting a documented
> > workaround.  That way the information can be made available to other
> > people.
>
> Thanks for the advice.
>
> We have not bought the RAC license yet, the budget has not been
> approved yet, so I can not open a TAR. It is something I will do as
> soon as I got CSI# if I can not get this solved here.
>
> It may not be a bug, maybe it is just one more command that needs to
> be run after we run
> "$srvctl add database -d dbnam -o OH_HOME"
>
> It should be something like
> $dbca -silent -adddb dbname(but only the the registry,not create the
> database)
>
> I just can not figure it out.

Helma,

I just tested it on a throwaway test cluster we have, and it worked
for me.  Below is the screen printout...

dg1:oracle:testrac1:/home/oracle>crsstat
HA Resource                                   Target     State
-----------                                   ------     -----
ora.dg1.ASM1.asm                              ONLINE     ONLINE on dg1
ora.dg1.LISTENER_DG1.lsnr                     ONLINE     ONLINE on dg1
ora.dg1.gsd                                   ONLINE     ONLINE on dg1
ora.dg1.ons                                   ONLINE     ONLINE on dg1
ora.dg1.vip                                   ONLINE     ONLINE on dg1
ora.dg2.ASM2.asm                              ONLINE     ONLINE on dg2
ora.dg2.LISTENER_DG2.lsnr                     ONLINE     ONLINE on dg2
ora.dg2.gsd                                   ONLINE     ONLINE on dg2
ora.dg2.ons                                   ONLINE     ONLINE on dg2
ora.dg2.vip                                   ONLINE     ONLINE on dg2
ora.testrac.db                                ONLINE     ONLINE on dg1
ora.testrac.testrac1.inst                     ONLINE     ONLINE on dg1
ora.testrac.testrac2.inst                     ONLINE     ONLINE on dg2
ora.testrac.test_fan.cs                       ONLINE     ONLINE on dg2
ora.testrac.test_fan.testrac1.srv             ONLINE     ONLINE on dg1
ora.testrac.test_fan.testrac2.srv             ONLINE     ONLINE on dg2
dg1:oracle:testrac1:/home/oracle>srvctl remove database -d testrac
Remove the database testrac? (y/[n]) y
PRKP-1022 : The database testrac is still running.
dg1:oracle:testrac1:/home/oracle>srvctl stop database -d testrac
[...]
dg1:oracle:testrac1:/home/oracle>srvctl add database -d testrac -o
$ORACLE_HOME
dg1:oracle:testrac1:/home/oracle>srvctl add instance -d testrac -i
testrac1 -n dg1
dg1:oracle:testrac1:/home/oracle>srvctl add instance -d testrac -i
testrac2 -n dg2
dg1:oracle:testrac1:/home/oracle>srvctl add service -d testrac -s
test_fan -r testrac1,testrac2
dg1:oracle:testrac1:/home/oracle>crsstat
HA Resource                                   Target     State
-----------                                   ------     -----
ora.dg1.ASM1.asm                              ONLINE     ONLINE on dg1
ora.dg1.LISTENER_DG1.lsnr                     ONLINE     ONLINE on dg1
ora.dg1.gsd                                   ONLINE     ONLINE on dg1
ora.dg1.ons                                   ONLINE     ONLINE on dg1
ora.dg1.vip                                   ONLINE     ONLINE on dg1
ora.dg2.ASM2.asm                              ONLINE     ONLINE on dg2
ora.dg2.LISTENER_DG2.lsnr                     ONLINE     ONLINE on dg2
ora.dg2.gsd                                   ONLINE     ONLINE on dg2
ora.dg2.ons                                   ONLINE     ONLINE on dg2
ora.dg2.vip                                   ONLINE     ONLINE on dg2
ora.testrac.db                                OFFLINE    OFFLINE
ora.testrac.testrac1.inst                     OFFLINE    OFFLINE
ora.testrac.testrac2.inst                     OFFLINE    OFFLINE
ora.testrac.test_fan.cs                       OFFLINE    OFFLINE
ora.testrac.test_fan.testrac1.srv             OFFLINE    OFFLINE
ora.testrac.test_fan.testrac2.srv             OFFLINE    OFFLINE
dg1:oracle:testrac1:/home/oracle>srvctl start service -d testrac -s
test_fan
[...]
ora.testrac.test_fan.cs                       ONLINE     ONLINE on dg1
ora.testrac.test_fan.testrac1.srv             ONLINE     ONLINE on dg1
ora.testrac.test_fan.testrac2.srv             ONLINE     ONLINE on dg2
dg1:oracle:testrac1:/home/oracle>dbca

No dbca output, you'll have to trust me :)

Are you on vmware?

HTH,

Steve

0
stevedhoward (759)
10/31/2007 2:09:10 PM
Steve,

Thanks very much for your help.

Yes, i am on VMWARE.  As both our Hardware and Software will come in
next few month.  I am just doing this to get ready.

What do you mean by "No dbca output, you'll have to trust me :)",  did
you see the database testrac from your DBCA?

Thanks

I did not quite understand your testing.

On Oct 31, 10:58 am, emdproduct...@hotmail.com wrote:
> [...]
> > ora.dg2.ASM2.asm                              ONLINE     ONLINE on dg2
> > ora.dg2.LISTENER_DG2.lsnr                     ONLINE     ONLINE on dg2
> > ora.dg2.gsd                                   ONLINE     ONLINE on dg2
> > ora.dg2.ons                                   ONLINE     ONLINE on dg2
> > ora.dg2.vip                                   ONLINE     ONLINE on dg2
> > ora.testrac.db                                ONLINE     ONLINE on dg1
> > ora.testrac.testrac1.inst                     ONLINE     ONLINE on dg1
> > ora.testrac.testrac2.inst                     ONLINE     ONLINE on dg2
> > ora.testrac.test_fan.cs                       ONLINE     ONLINE on dg1
> > ora.testrac.test_fan.testrac1.srv             ONLINE     ONLINE on dg1
> > ora.testrac.test_fan.testrac2.srv             ONLINE     ONLINE on dg2
> > dg1:oracle:testrac1:/home/oracle>dbca
>
> > No dbca output, you'll have to trust me :)

Steve,
Just want to double check.

What do you mean by "and it worked for me"?

Did you mean you do not see the problem that I have, or did you mean
you can reproduce my problem?

I guess you meant by the 1st, but just want to double check.

So you think VMware is the reason?  Can not wait for the hardware to
come and test it again

Thanks

On Oct 31, 11:37 am, emdproduct...@hotmail.com wrote:
> [...]
> > > ora.testrac.testrac2.inst                     ONLINE     ONLINE on dg2
> > > ora.testrac.test_fan.cs                       ONLINE     ONLINE on dg1
> > > ora.testrac.test_fan.testrac1.srv             ONLINE     ONLINE on dg1
> > > ora.testrac.test_fan.testrac2.srv             ONLINE     ONLINE on dg2
> > > dg1:oracle:testrac1:/home/oracle>dbca
>
> > > No dbca output, you'll have to trust me :)
>
> > > Are you on vmware?
>
> > > HTH,
>
> > > Steve
>
> Steve,
> Just want to double check.
>
> What do you mean by "and it worked for me"?
>
> Did you mean you do not see the problem that I have, or did you mean
> you can reproduce my problem?
>
> I guess you meant by the 1st, but just want to double check.
>
> So you think VMware is the reason?  Can not wait for the hardware to

Yes, I could see the testrac database in dbca *after* removing it with
srvctl and then adding it back in.

I'm not sure if vmware is the problem, but when you get a CSI and read
Oracle's support position on it, you'll see it is sketchy at best.

0
stevedhoward (759)
10/31/2007 3:45:50 PM
<emdproduction@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Dear group,
>
> I am testing 1203 on linux, RAC.
>
> After I finished installing, and created database by DBCA, everything
> works fine.
>
> After that, I issued
> $srvctl remove database -d rac
> and then
> $srvctl add database -d rac -o /opt/oracle/10g
> $srvctl add instance -d rac -i rac1 -n vlinux1
> $srvctl add instance -d rac -i rac2 -n vlinux2
>
> Everything seems working fine, but my DBCA can not recognize my
> database.  The "delete option","configuration option","service
> management" all greyed out.
>
> Can somebody help me here?
>
> Thanks

I have the same issue, Oracle just logged a bug 6839208

"charlie cs" <charles@hotmail.com> wrote in news:vj0wj.18975$6t3.10179
@trndny07:

> <emdproduction@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Dear group,
>>
>> I am testing 1203 on linux, RAC.
>>
>> After I finished installing, and created database by DBCA, everything
>> works fine.
>>
>> After that, I issued
>> $srvctl remove database -d rac
>> and then
>> $srvctl add database -d rac -o /opt/oracle/10g
>> $srvctl add instance -d rac -i rac1 -n vlinux1
>> $srvctl add instance -d rac -i rac2 -n vlinux2
>>
>> Everything seems working fine, but my DBCA can not recognize my
>> database.  The "delete option","configuration option","service
>> management" all greyed out.
>>
>> Can somebody help me here?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> I have the same issue, Oracle just logged a bug 6839208

post the output from the following command
cat /etc/oratab
0
anacedent (475)

Can you import an Oracle 10G database into a 9I database
Good afternoon, I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? Thanks, Chris Boerman cboerman@comcast.net schreef: > Good afternoon, > > I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into > an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? > > Thanks, > Chris Boerman > Of course. It's called downgrading. Or, if you do not want to downgrade, only if you're: 1) skillful 2) lucky You must be lucky, or I would not be answering this. Ever read the "New Features since 9i" chapters on 10G? Why do you think these are called "new"? So, export, using the 9i tool - if you're lucky, that works. Import, using the 9i tool - if you're lucky, that works. -- Regards, Frank van Bortel Top-posting is one way to shut me up... On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:27:32 +0200, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel@gmail.com> wrote: >cboerman@comcast.net schreef: >> Good afternoon, >> >> I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into >> an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? >> >> Thanks, >> Chris Boerman >> > >Of course. It's called downgrading. > >Or, if you do not want to downgrade, only if you're: >1) skillful >2) lucky > >You must be lucky, or I would not be answering this. >Ever read the "New Features since 9i"...

Can I use an O8 database as a transit database between a O9 and an O7 database?
Hi all, We will gradually migrate our application data from a O7 database to a new O9 database. The application data is also written to an O7 datawarehouse via a database link. In the intermediate period data has to be written to the O7 datawarehouse db from the old O7 application db and also from the new O9 database. I did a test to see if could do an insert from the O9 database over a database link into the O7 datawarehouse database, but this is not supported. Then I did the following: - create a dblink in the O9 database to a O8 database - create a dblink in the O8 database to the O7 database - create a synonym in the O8 database to the desired table in the O7 database - create a synonym in the O9 database to the synonym in the O8 database Now in the O9 database I inserted a record into the synonym, which indeed resulted in a record in the O7-table. Would it be a sensible solution to use an O8 database as a transit database in this way? Jaap. yes "Jaap W. van Dijk" <j.w.vandijk.removethis@hetnet.nl> wrote in message news:7fm4b05a4mbbb4jub1urin1j163jjsc7vg@4ax.com... > Hi all, > > We will gradually migrate our application data from a O7 database to a > new O9 database. The application data is also written to an O7 > datawarehouse via a database link. In the intermediate period data has > to be written to the O7 datawarehouse db from the old O7 application > db and also from the new O9 database. I did a test to see if could do >...

How can I backup database from database itself
Is there a way to backup a database by issuing an SQL statement from the database? I would like user to be able to create a backup from database itself, and not by telnetting to server and typing 'pg_dump' or 'pg_dumpall'. Tnx in advance Dragan ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to majordomo@postgresql.org On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 13:56:58 +0200, Dragan Matic <mlists@panforma.co.yu> wrote: > Is there a way to backup a database by issuing an SQL statement from the > database...

How can I backup database from database itself
Is there a way to backup a database by issuing an SQL statement from the database? I would like user to be able to create a backup from database itself, and not by telnetting to server and typing 'pg_dump' or 'pg_dumpall'. Tnx in advance Dragan ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to majordomo@postgresql.org On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 13:56:58 +0200, Dragan Matic <mlists@panforma.co.yu> wrote: > Is there a way to backup a database by issuing an SQL statement from the > database...

Oracle database works properly but from designers tools I can't connect to database
I've installed Oracle 10G on my computer. I can log in using system account. by plsql. I've installed designer and tried to log from designers plsql to the same databse also using sys account - I could not't, I got ora-1017 error. What I'm doing wrong, why plsql from database installation connects me and one from designer installation disallow me from connecting ? I need databse just to run designer for entity and processes diagrams. I need Barkers notation so I can only use Oracle Designer because it's the only tool with Barkers notation. Hope to get some help from You, Jacek On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 13:10:05 -0800, Jacek Maria Jackowski wrote: > I've installed Oracle 10G on my computer. I can log in using system > account. by plsql. I've installed designer and tried to log from > designers plsql to the same databse also using sys account - I could > not't, I got ora-1017 error. What I'm doing wrong, why plsql from > database installation connects me and one from designer installation > disallow me from connecting ? I need databse just to run designer for > entity and processes diagrams. I need Barkers notation so I can only use > Oracle Designer because it's the only tool with Barkers notation. > > Hope to get some help from You, > Jacek [oracle@oracle16 ~]$ oerr ora 1017 01017, 00000, "invalid username/password; logon denied" // *Cause: // *Action: [oracle@oracle16 ~]$ Have you tried using...

How a server oracle can read mdb(access) database
Hi. I have a server "A" with oracle 10g express (free) and a server "B" with an Access database. I need that an application that uses oracle server can reads tables on "B". How can i do this? Can do i make a Local View on "A" of "B"? thanks On Apr 30, 11:49 am, Raimo <m0...@yahoo.it> wrote: > Hi. I have a server "A" with oracle 10g express (free) and a server > "B" with an Access database. > I need that an application that uses oracle server can reads tables on > "B". How can i do this? > Can do i make a Local View on "A" of "B"? > thanks You can attach odbc tables in Access, but performance sucks big time when Access tries to resolve queries on remote tables. Keep all your data in Oracle and use passthrough queries so that Oracle does the clever stuff. (Or keep everything in Access - but concurrent access sucks). C. On 30 Apr, 14:28, "C. (http://symcbean.blogspot.com/)" <..> wrote: > On Apr 30, 11:49 am, Raimo <molok> wrote: > > > Hi. I have a server "A" with oracle 10g express (free) and a server > > "B" with an Access database. > > I need that an application that uses oracle server can reads tables on > > "B". How can i do this? > > Can do i make a Local View on "A" of "B"? > > thanks > > You can attach odbc tables in Access, ...

How can i find words from database?if the database is so big?it can reduce the speed?
Please say me if the size of database become big what happen itcan reduce the speed - Compact the Database - Create proper Indexes - Make sure the database is Normalized Again, You need to post what Database you are using... -- Chris Hanscom MVP (Visual Basic) http://www.veign.com -- "mit" <mbzala@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4b7fd448.0406132308.681b6861@posting.google.com... > Please say me if the size of database become big what happen itcan reduce the speed ...

Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle
Hi, I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle. - Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file? - In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert , insert ...), so you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql <file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there is a infdump direcorty) - Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a database from infomix to oracle? Best Regards Sven Anders, Digitec GmbH Sven Anders wrote: > Hi, > I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, > but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle. > > - Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file? > > - In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole > database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert , > insert ...), so > you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql > <file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there > is a > infdump direcorty) dbexport > - Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a database from > infomix to oracle? dbexport? -- Ciao, The Obnoxious One "Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi ...

Add database to existing oracle database
Hi experts, I am new in oracle.I migrated one database from ms-access to oracle 9i using oracle migration utility on my local machine.But now i need to add this oracle database from my local machine to existing main database oracle 8i on main server.Pls. tell how i can add this database from my machine to main server. I think i can use export/import utility.But i never used this utility before, pls. tell what should i need to do.And if export/import is good way to migrate database pls. explain me in steps. I'll really appreciate your kind help. Pls. reply me soon, it's urgent!!! Thanks..so much Sonika "sonika" <sonika_sehrawat@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:709618ea.0409281225.1a09da58@posting.google.com... > Hi experts, > > I am new in oracle.I migrated one database from ms-access to oracle 9i > using oracle migration utility on my local machine.But now i need to > add this oracle database from my local machine to existing main > database oracle 8i on main server.Pls. tell how i can add this > database from my machine to main server. > I think i can use export/import utility.But i never used this utility > before, pls. tell what should i need to do.And if export/import is > good way to migrate database pls. explain me in steps. > > I'll really appreciate your kind help. > Pls. reply me soon, it's urgent!!! > > Thanks..so much > Sonika You are missing a lot of letters in your typing. You m...

Oracle databases on a server

connect a database in remote server (can connect to the server via SSH)
Hi, All: My perl code need to connect to a database (MySQL) in remote server, and I can login that server via SSH. I am a new to perl, can anyone give me a hint how can I do that. Many thanks. Xiaoyu zhangxiaoyu912@gmail.com wrote: > My perl code need to connect to a database (MySQL) in remote server, > and I can login that server via SSH. You don't need to have ssh access to the remote database server in order to be able to connect to the database (at least if the database server is configured to wait for remote connections). > I am a new to perl, can anyone give me a hint h...

Hello, I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? So, what is the correct syntax ? Thanks for your help Cyril "Cyril" <jewelk@free.fr> wrote in message news:cd38c3d6.0408100617.6f7b9f3e@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. > > Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? > So, what is the correct syntax ? > > > Thanks for your help > &...

Establishing connection from Oracle Database to DB2 database
Hi, Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on the same. Waiting for reply. Its critical umeshchoudhary@gmail.com (U C) wrote in news:d06590c8.0504252348.71a5c6f8@posting.google.com: > Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database > oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on > the same. > > Waiting for reply. Its critical > use PERL between the two DBs. >Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database >oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on >the same. >Waiting for reply. Its critical http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:4406709207206#18830681837358 I have used this to example to connect to DB2. chet ...

SqlSpec

Help: DBCA not recognize my database
Dear group, I installed Oracle 10.2.01(RAC) on my linux RH3. Somehow my DBCA can not recognize my existing database. I can only create db, but "delete database","manage services","mange instance" all grayed out. Here is some info $ cat /etc/oratab rac:/opt/oracle/producto_10g/10.2:N rac1:/opt/oracle/producto_10g/10.2:N +ASM1:/opt/oracle/asm:Y $ srvctl config database -d rac vlinux1 rac1 /opt/oracle/producto_10g/10.2/ vlinux2 rac2 /opt/oracle/producto_10g/10.2/ On Oct 16, 3:36 pm, emdproduct...@hotmail.com wrote: > Dear group, > > I installed Oracle 10.2.01(RAC) on my linux RH3. Somehow my DBCA can > not recognize my existing database. I can only create db, but "delete > database","manage services","mange instance" all grayed out. > > Here is some info > $ cat /etc/oratab > rac:/opt/oracle/producto_10g/10.2:N > rac1:/opt/oracle/producto_10g/10.2:N > +ASM1:/opt/oracle/asm:Y > $ srvctl config database -d rac > vlinux1 rac1 /opt/oracle/producto_10g/10.2/ > vlinux2 rac2 /opt/oracle/producto_10g/10.2/ Hi, Did you select cluster database, rather than single instance, in DBCA? Regards, Steve > Hi, > > Did you select cluster database, rather than single instance, in DBCA? > > Regards, > > Steve Yes, I selected cluster database. Anybody can help? Thanks emdproduction@hotmail.com wrote: >> Hi, >> >> Did you select cluster databa...

Web resources about - Help: database can not be see from DBCA - comp.databases.oracle.server