Help: How can I get the spfile out of ASM disk

Dear group,

I am learning to use RAC on ASM disks on Oracle 10203 on linux.

I use DBCA to created a database.  The spfile is on ASM disks as well.
After that, I did 'alter system set LOCAL_LISTENER=yyy' scope=both sid='*'

But now I can not start my instances
I got
SQL> startup nomount
ORA-00119: invalid specification for system parameter REMOTE_LISTENER
ORA-00132: syntax error or unresolved network name 'LISTENERS_TEST'

How can I get my spfile out of the ASM disk and edit it?  I do not have a
backup of spfile as this is a learning database.

Thanks for your help

0
joebayerr (3)
2/9/2008 5:33:06 PM
comp.databases.oracle.server 22781 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

"joe bayer" <joebayerr@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Dear group,
>
> I am learning to use RAC on ASM disks on Oracle 10203 on linux.
>
> I use DBCA to created a database.  The spfile is on ASM disks as well.
> After that, I did 'alter system set LOCAL_LISTENER=yyy' scope=both
> sid='*'
>
> But now I can not start my instances
> I got
> SQL> startup nomount
> ORA-00119: invalid specification for system parameter REMOTE_LISTENER
> ORA-00132: syntax error or unresolved network name 'LISTENERS_TEST'
>
> How can I get my spfile out of the ASM disk and edit it?  I do not
> have a backup of spfile as this is a learning database.
>
> Thanks for your help

Right off the top I don't know how you can get a copy of the spfile,
but I do know how you can get the DB to open.

create a very sparse pfile then do
SQL> STARTUP NOMOUNT PFILE=newpfile.ora
0
anacedent (475)
2/9/2008 5:55:26 PM
On Feb 9, 12:33 pm, "joe bayer" <joebay...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear group,
>
> I am learning to use RAC on ASM disks on Oracle 10203 on linux.
>
> I use DBCA to created a database.  The spfile is on ASM disks as well.
> After that, I did 'alter system set LOCAL_LISTENER=yyy' scope=both sid='*'
>
> But now I can not start my instances
> I got
> SQL> startup nomount
> ORA-00119: invalid specification for system parameter REMOTE_LISTENER
> ORA-00132: syntax error or unresolved network name 'LISTENERS_TEST'
>
> How can I get my spfile out of the ASM disk and edit it?  I do not have a
> backup of spfile as this is a learning database.
>
> Thanks for your help

CREATE PFILE='/tmp/tmp.ora' FROM SPFILE;
0
stevedhoward (759)
2/9/2008 8:16:54 PM
How can I create spfile if I can not even start the instance with the
spfile?

"Steve Howard" <stevedhoward@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Feb 9, 12:33 pm, "joe bayer" <joebay...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear group,
>>
>> I am learning to use RAC on ASM disks on Oracle 10203 on linux.
>>
>> I use DBCA to created a database.  The spfile is on ASM disks as well.
>> After that, I did 'alter system set LOCAL_LISTENER=yyy' scope=both
>> sid='*'
>>
>> But now I can not start my instances
>> I got
>> SQL> startup nomount
>> ORA-00119: invalid specification for system parameter REMOTE_LISTENER
>> ORA-00132: syntax error or unresolved network name 'LISTENERS_TEST'
>>
>> How can I get my spfile out of the ASM disk and edit it?  I do not have a
>> backup of spfile as this is a learning database.
>>
>> Thanks for your help
>
> CREATE PFILE='/tmp/tmp.ora' FROM SPFILE;

0
joebayerr (3)
2/9/2008 8:51:47 PM

> How can I create spfile if I can not even start the instance with the
> spfile?

What makes you think the DB needs to be up to create the pfile???????

 sqlplus

SQL*Plus: Release 11.1.0.6.0 - Production on Sat Feb 9 15:02:46 2008

Copyright (c) 1982, 2007, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Enter user-name: / as sysdba

Connected to:
Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.6.0 - Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing
options

SQL> shutdown immediate
Database closed.
Database dismounted.
ORACLE instance shut down.
SQL> create pfile from spfile;

File created.

SQL> startup
ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area  401743872 bytes
Fixed Size                  1300212 bytes
Variable Size             356518156 bytes
Database Buffers           37748736 bytes
Redo Buffers                6176768 bytes
Database mounted.
Database opened.
0
anacedent (475)
2/9/2008 11:14:53 PM
On Feb 9, 6:14=A0pm, "Ana C. Dent" <anaced...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "joe bayer" <joebay...@hotmail.com> wrote innews:Dnorj.130$eU3.92@trndny04=
:

> > How can I create spfile if I can not even start the instance with the
> > spfile?
>
> What makes you think the DB needs to be up to create the pfile???????
>
> =A0sqlplus
>
> SQL*Plus: Release 11.1.0.6.0 - Production on Sat Feb 9 15:02:46 2008
>
> Copyright (c) 1982, 2007, Oracle. =A0All rights reserved.
>
> Enter user-name: / as sysdba
>
> Connected to:
> Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.6.0 - Production
> With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing
> options
>
> SQL> shutdown immediate
> Database closed.
> Database dismounted.
> ORACLE instance shut down.
> SQL> create pfile from spfile;
>
> File created.
>
> SQL> startup =A0
> ORACLE instance started.
>
> Total System Global Area =A0401743872 bytes
> Fixed Size =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A01300212 bytes
> Variable Size =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 356518156 bytes
> Database Buffers =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 37748736 bytes
> Redo Buffers =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A06176768 bytes
> Database mounted.
> Database opened.

Nice example.  Note that the just created pfile could have been edited
then used to strat the database or used to re-create the spfile.

-- Mark D Powell --
0
Mark.Powell (1630)
2/10/2008 1:33:34 AM
See what I got:

[oracle@learning dbs]$ cat inittest1.ora
SPFILE='+DISKTEST/test/spfiletest.ora'

[oracle@learning~]$ export ORACLE_SID=test1
[oracle@learning~]$ sqlplus /nolog

SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production on Sat Feb 9 20:31:30 2008

Copyright (c) 1982, 2006, Oracle.  All Rights Reserved.

SQL> connect / as sysdba
Connected to an idle instance.
SQL> create pfile from spfile;
create pfile from spfile
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-27037: unable to obtain file status
Linux-x86 Error: 2: No such file or directory
Additional information: 3

Thanks

"Ana C. Dent" <anacedent@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "joe bayer" <joebayerr@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> How can I create spfile if I can not even start the instance with the
>> spfile?
>
> What makes you think the DB needs to be up to create the pfile???????
>
> sqlplus
>
> SQL*Plus: Release 11.1.0.6.0 - Production on Sat Feb 9 15:02:46 2008
>
> Copyright (c) 1982, 2007, Oracle.  All rights reserved.
>
> Enter user-name: / as sysdba
>
> Connected to:
> Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.6.0 - Production
> With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing
> options
>
> SQL> shutdown immediate
> Database closed.
> Database dismounted.
> ORACLE instance shut down.
> SQL> create pfile from spfile;
>
> File created.
>
> SQL> startup
> ORACLE instance started.
>
> Total System Global Area  401743872 bytes
> Fixed Size                  1300212 bytes
> Variable Size             356518156 bytes
> Database Buffers           37748736 bytes
> Redo Buffers                6176768 bytes
> Database mounted.
> Database opened.

0
joebayerr (3)
2/10/2008 1:36:25 AM
On Feb 10, 4:36 am, "joe bayer" <joebay...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> See what I got:
>
> [oracle@learning dbs]$ cat inittest1.ora
> SPFILE='+DISKTEST/test/spfiletest.ora'
>
> [oracle@learning~]$ export ORACLE_SID=test1
> [oracle@learning~]$ sqlplus /nolog
>
> SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production on Sat Feb 9 20:31:30 2008
>
> Copyright (c) 1982, 2006, Oracle.  All Rights Reserved.
>
> SQL> connect / as sysdba
> Connected to an idle instance.
> SQL> create pfile from spfile;
> create pfile from spfile
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-27037: unable to obtain file status
> Linux-x86 Error: 2: No such file or directory
> Additional information: 3
>
> Thanks

See what's in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/init<SID>.ora where <SID> is your
Oracle database SID, verify that SPFILE=... in that file points to an
accessible location and if it's on ASM then make sure ASM instance is
up. You can also try to

create pfile='file-spec' from spfile;

where file-spec is full path to the pfile you want to be created.

And please, do not top-post.

Regards,
   Vladimir M. Zakharychev
   N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)
   http://www.dynamicpsp.com
On Feb 9, 8:36=A0pm, "joe bayer" <joebay...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> See what I got:
>
> [oracle@learning dbs]$ cat inittest1.ora
> SPFILE=3D'+DISKTEST/test/spfiletest.ora'
>
> [oracle@learning~]$ export ORACLE_SID=3Dtest1
> [oracle@learning~]$ sqlplus /nolog
>
> SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production on Sat Feb 9 20:31:30 2008
>
> Copyright (c) 1982, 2006, Oracle. =A0All Rights Reserved.
>
> SQL> connect / as sysdba
> Connected to an idle instance.
> SQL> create pfile from spfile;
> create pfile from spfile
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-27037: unable to obtain file status
> Linux-x86 Error: 2: No such file or directory
> Additional information: 3
>
> Thanks
>
> "Ana C. Dent" <anaced...@hotmail.com> wrote in messagenews:Ntqrj.359$n42.2=
15@newsfe08.phx...

> > "joe bayer" <joebay...@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
> >> How can I create spfile if I can not even start the instance with the
> >> spfile?
>
> > What makes you think the DB needs to be up to create the pfile???????
>
> > sqlplus
>
> > SQL*Plus: Release 11.1.0.6.0 - Production on Sat Feb 9 15:02:46 2008
>
> > Copyright (c) 1982, 2007, Oracle. =A0All rights reserved.
>
> > Enter user-name: / as sysdba
>
> > Connected to:
> > Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.6.0 - Production
> > With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing
> > options
>
> > SQL> shutdown immediate
> > Database closed.
> > Database dismounted.
> > ORACLE instance shut down.
> > SQL> create pfile from spfile;
>
> > File created.
>
> > SQL> startup
> > ORACLE instance started.
>
> > Total System Global Area =A0401743872 bytes
> > Fixed Size =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A01300212 bytes
> > Variable Size =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 356518156 bytes
> > Database Buffers =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 37748736 bytes
> > Redo Buffers =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A06176768 bytes
> > Database mounted.
> > Database opened.- Hide quoted text -

Joe your spfile does not appear to be in the default location.  If
that is true then you must specify the explicit spfile name in the
create pfile command.

>> SQL manual entry on CREATE PFILE >>
If you specify spfile_name, then the file must exist on the server. If
the file does not reside in the default directory for server parameter
files on your operating system, then you must specify the full path.
<<

We run RAC on a server that did not have a clustered file system (at
the time of initial install) so our init,ora has one line referencing
the spfile location, which must be on shared disk, that is, a raw
partition in our case.  Based on your post it looks like the same
requirement may be true if the spfile is placed in ASM.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --
0
Mark.Powell (1630)

Getting the best out of new server hardware: a disk setup for Oracle database
Hello all Oracle&server experts, what you think about the following setup for Oracle database? HP DL585, 16 GB RAM, 2 dual-core AMD processors, 64-bit Red Hat Linux 4, 64-bit Oracle database software. The disk setup for Oracle data consists of six PCI-X RAID cards with BBWC set to 0 percent read, 100 percent write. Each card has six 146 GB disks on RAID 1+0 setup and one hot spare. 128 kB stripe size is used. Each RAID 1+0 set (about 410 GB) is divided into two logical volumes: 40 GB and 370 GB and these volumes are seen as raw devices at the server. I'm planning to put all six 370 GB raw devices together into one diskgroup using ASM and ASMlib and let ASM stripe the database data (tables, indexes) over them (external redundancy). I'm planning to group the 40 GB volumes into two ASM failgroups (3 volumes each) and then let ASM do striping and mirroring over this diskgroup (normal redundancy). This smaller diskgroup would then store SYSTEM tablespace, control files and online redo logs. With this setup I get good protection for disk failures for all the data and additional protection against RAID card failures for SYSTEM tablespace, control files and online redo logs. There is a separate FC connected disk system that will be used for archived redo logs and backups. And separate mirrored disk pairs for OS and Oracle binaries. Does this setup sound feasible? Could I make a better use of the hardware by changing something? The system will be used...

How can I get the data array from SQL Server Database?
Hi, I can write a data array(2D)into a table of my SQL Server Database. The data array was writen to a column with image type. I know a data array is transformed a binary string when writing into database, but I dont know how to get the data array when I fetch the binary string from database. My question is: How to transform the binary string into data array? which vi's should I use? I have tried unflatten from string but failed. Any response is appriciated. Red happyxh0518 wrote: > I can write a data array(2D)into a table of my SQL Server Database. > The data array was writen ...

How a server oracle can read mdb(access) database
Hi. I have a server "A" with oracle 10g express (free) and a server "B" with an Access database. I need that an application that uses oracle server can reads tables on "B". How can i do this? Can do i make a Local View on "A" of "B"? thanks On Apr 30, 11:49 am, Raimo <m0...@yahoo.it> wrote: > Hi. I have a server "A" with oracle 10g express (free) and a server > "B" with an Access database. > I need that an application that uses oracle server can reads tables on > "B". How can i do this? > Can do i make a Local View on "A" of "B"? > thanks You can attach odbc tables in Access, but performance sucks big time when Access tries to resolve queries on remote tables. Keep all your data in Oracle and use passthrough queries so that Oracle does the clever stuff. (Or keep everything in Access - but concurrent access sucks). C. On 30 Apr, 14:28, "C. (http://symcbean.blogspot.com/)" <..> wrote: > On Apr 30, 11:49 am, Raimo <molok> wrote: > > > Hi. I have a server "A" with oracle 10g express (free) and a server > > "B" with an Access database. > > I need that an application that uses oracle server can reads tables on > > "B". How can i do this? > > Can do i make a Local View on "A" of "B"? > > thanks > > You can attach odbc tables in Access, ...

Can single instance Oracle 10g database use ASM ?
Hi: Does anyone know if it is possible for a single instance Oracle 10g database to use ASM for its filesystem ? If yes, does that mean that the single instance Oracle 10g database does not need Oracle Cluster Ready Services to use ASM ? Thanks John ...

Help.. Where can I get a copy of Redhat Linux Advanced Server????
On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 13:18:44 +0000, marky wrote: RedHat Enterprise Linux Advanced Server is a commercial only distribution and as such is only available to customers with a valid entitlement. If you have a valid entitlement for RHEL AS you can download it from rhn.redhat.com. -- The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed RedHat. On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 13:18:44 GMT, marky <marky@rogers.com> wrote: Buy it! The next best thing; http://www.beau.org/~jmorris/linux/whitebox/index.html Rich Piotrowski -- "Now are you talking about what i...

Can't get JDBC to work on an Oracle 9i database
I'm trying to use JDBC to access an Oracle 9.2 database residing on a Unix system. I'm running Java 1.4.1.2 on OpenVMS 7.3-1. I've downloaded ojdbc14.jar, set the RFM to Stream_LF, and have pointed the JAVA$CLASSPATH logical to it. I'm attempting to register the driver in my code with this line: DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver()); but it fails to compile: $ javac workforce.java Workforce.java:10: package oracle.jdbc.driver does not exist ^ 1 error What am I missing...

Can single instance Oracle 10g database use ASM ? #2
Hi: Does anyone know if it is possible for a single instance Oracle 10g database to use ASM for its filesystem ? If yes, does that mean that the single instance Oracle 10g database does not need Oracle Cluster Ready Services to use ASM ? Thanks John On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 23:32:15 +0100, John L wrote (in article <14c81e80.0501131432.1a2fd16f@posting.google.com>): > Does anyone know if it is possible for a single instance > Oracle 10g database to use ASM for its filesystem ? > > If yes, does that mean that the single instance > Oracle 10g database does not need Oracle Cluster Ready > Services to use ASM ? Yes, it's very possible to use ASM in a single instance. You don't need crs but you do need the ocssd. It's used for interprocess communication between the ASM instance and the database instance. That's also the reason that this little process is installed by default. With kind regards / met vriendelijke groeten, Ronald http://ronr.nl/unix-dba http://homepage.mac.com/ik_zelf/oracle ...

help please, I can't get outlook to see our server though our VPN
Can anyone help me please I have a SOHO6 at work connected to an NT server. At home I have a Netgear DG814 modem/router/firewall. The VPN Client it the watchguard muvpn. Before I added the Netgear everything worked fine, I could see the server, copy files, see shares and outlook would connect to my mailbox. But now with the netgear at my end everything works except outlook will not connect to my mailbox, I can't find any help on the web and I'm getting no response from watchguard to my queries. Worse outlook doesn't even start, How do I set up the netgear to let outlook through. I'm sure the vpn tunnel is set up correctly as it worked before. Regards Paul. On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:02:04 +0000 (UTC), blob spoketh >Can anyone help me please I have a SOHO6 at work connected to an NT server. >At home I have a Netgear DG814 modem/router/firewall. The VPN Client it >the watchguard muvpn. > >Before I added the Netgear everything worked fine, I could see the server, >copy files, >see shares and outlook would connect to my mailbox. > >But now with the netgear at my end everything works except outlook will not >connect >to my mailbox, I can't find any help on the web and I'm getting no response >from >watchguard to my queries. Worse outlook doesn't even start, How do I set up >the netgear >to let outlook through. I'm sure the vpn tunnel is set up correctly as it >worked before. > >Regards Paul. &...

Help please! I can't get server side includes to configure in httpd.conf
Hello everyone I can't seem to get Apache to run server side includes. I've made the appropriate changes in httpd.conf namely Options +Include I've made sure that I took Options NoExec out of the configuration file. I created a mock html file and nothing showed up i the browser, simple stuff like the date and time and a simple "ls" command. What gives? Do I have to go ahead and configure SHTML files? I'm running Yellow Dog linux on an old G3 (very nice by the way!) Sorry for the cross post.. Frank Frank Conte wrote: > Hello everyone > > I can't seem to get Apache to run server side includes. > > I've made the appropriate changes in httpd.conf > namely > > Options +Include > > I've made sure that I took Options NoExec out of the configuration file. > > I created a mock html file and nothing showed up i the browser, simple > stuff like the date and time and a simple "ls" command. > > What gives? Do I have to go ahead and configure SHTML files? > > I'm running Yellow Dog linux on an old G3 (very nice by the way!) > > Sorry for the cross post.. > > Frank First of all, it should read Options +Includes Secondly, is your AddHandler server-parsed .shtml present ? If not, then that's where to look. /Andreas -- Registeret Linux user #292411 Didn't work since I made changes in the mi...

Can you import an Oracle 10G database into a 9I database
Good afternoon, I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? Thanks, Chris Boerman cboerman@comcast.net schreef: > Good afternoon, > > I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into > an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? > > Thanks, > Chris Boerman > Of course. It's called downgrading. Or, if you do not want to downgrade, only if you're: 1) skillful 2) lucky You must be lucky, or I would not be answering this. Ever read the "New Features since 9i" chapters on 10G? Why do you think these are called "new"? So, export, using the 9i tool - if you're lucky, that works. Import, using the 9i tool - if you're lucky, that works. -- Regards, Frank van Bortel Top-posting is one way to shut me up... On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:27:32 +0200, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel@gmail.com> wrote: >cboerman@comcast.net schreef: >> Good afternoon, >> >> I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into >> an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? >> >> Thanks, >> Chris Boerman >> > >Of course. It's called downgrading. > >Or, if you do not want to downgrade, only if you're: >1) skillful >2) lucky > >You must be lucky, or I would not be answering this. >Ever read the "New Features since 9i"...

Can Oracle XML DB Repository and Oracle reside on different server.
Can we store XML DB Repository on different machine which will be trated as document server and Oracle on the seperate machine will access this repository using mapped drive path. ...

Move Oracle database from old hard disk to new hard disk
anyone know how to move the Oracle database into another larger hard disk? Oracle 9i installed in Red Hat. Pls guide me. Thank you ericlaiys wrote: > anyone know how to move the Oracle database into another larger hard > disk? > Oracle 9i installed in Red Hat. > Pls guide me. > > Thank you > The Administrator's Guide is a wonderful document which I highly recommend that you read. The answer to your question can be found there: http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96521/dfiles.htm#8765 Cheers, Brian -- =================================================================== Brian Peasland dba@nospam.peasland.net http://www.peasland.net Remove the "nospam." from the email address to email me. "I can give it to you cheap, quick, and good. Now pick two out of the three" - Unknown Since almost 90% of the stuff posted should be available on the Oracle Documentation, I guess we can just use this as a standard answer 90% of the time. Anyway, here is a bit more info to recreate another database on another server (different database name, database-creation-time parameters etc) 1. In the original database, issue a command to generate a trace: alter database backup controlfile to trace This will generate a trace file under your udump directory (Hope you don't ask where it is, otherwise, you will get more stern remarks from our fearsome DBAs). 2. Edit the trace to your own taste...

connect a database in remote server (can connect to the server via SSH)
Hi, All: My perl code need to connect to a database (MySQL) in remote server, and I can login that server via SSH. I am a new to perl, can anyone give me a hint how can I do that. Many thanks. Xiaoyu zhangxiaoyu912@gmail.com wrote: > My perl code need to connect to a database (MySQL) in remote server, > and I can login that server via SSH. You don't need to have ssh access to the remote database server in order to be able to connect to the database (at least if the database server is configured to wait for remote connections). > I am a new to perl, can anyone give me a hint h...

Please help me get a free iPod!! (u can get one too!!)
Hey- Check out this great site that is giving away totally free iPods! I've joined and I think you should as well. It's a completely legitimate offer, and this company has already given away $4 million in free stuff! All you have to do is join, complete and online offer, and refer friends to do the same. That's it! Here is my referral link. To help me get my iPod, click this exact link to join, or copy and paste it into a browser: http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=12322216 Gosh! I'm so lucky. I have just been offered a lot of money from Nigeria. Now this! Isn't life wonder...

Help! ORA-01036 / Oracle 9ir2 / Oracle HTTP server / mod_plsql
Using mod_plsql in a 9ias / 9iR2 environment on Solaris 9 Packaged procedure has folliwng args: procedure freedb (p_web_site_id in number, p_candidate_id in number default null, p_completed_flag in varchar2 default null, p_section_id in number, p_next_section_id in number default null, p_form_id in number default null, p_web_page_id in number default null, p_sequential in varchar2 default 'N', p_ccp_path in varchar2 default null, p_id1 in number default null, p_id2 in number default null, p_id3 in number default null, p_id4 in number default null, .. .. p_id99 in number default null, p_id100 in number default null, p_1 in chararray, p_2 in chararray, p_3 in chararray, p_4 in chararray, .. .. p_99 in chararray, p_100 in chararray); The dots you'll have realised just to reomve the entiores 5-98 incl. The tytpe chararray is defined as : type chararray is table of var...

Help! I can't write this SQL Server query ... can you?
Take the following table ID Shipment ETA Updated 01 123 3/1/04 2/12/04 02 123 3/2/04 2/13/04 03 123 3/1/04 2/14/04 04 154 3/2/04 2/12/04 05 456 3/1/04 2/17/04 06 456 3/1/04 2/16/04 07 456 3/1/04 2/15/04 I need a query that will return the 2 most recently updated rows for each shipment. So the results would look like the following: ID Shipment ETA Updated 02 123 3/2/04 2/13/04 03 123 3/1/04 2/14/04 04 154 3/2/04 2/12/04 06 456 3/1/04 2/16/04 05 456 3/1/04 2/17/04 Thanks, Teknari Lets say the name of your table is Shipment_Status. Here goes select Shipment,Id from shipment_status a where id=(select max(id) from shipment_status b where shipment=a.shipment ) or id=(select max(id) from shipment_status c where shipment=a.shipment and id <>(select max(id) from shipment_status d where shipment=c.shipment) ) Try it Prashant junk2@bgtl.com (Teknari) wrote in message news:<b1e69426.0402160742.25896bac@posting.google.com>... > Take the following table > > ID Shipment ETA Updated > 01 123 3/1/04 2/12/04 > 02 123 3/2/04 2/13/04 > 03 123 3/1/04 2/14/04 > 04 154 3/2/04 2/12/04 > 05 456 3/1/04 2/17/04 > 06 ...

Oracle databases on a server

Where can I find the help I need ? Can you help ?
Hello, all ! I started a "computer recycling project" in my church. What we do is to collect all the old computers that people donated, open them up, remove all the dust and grimes inside, check the parts, and then try our best to make "new" (aka reconditioned, restored, etc.) computers out of the still-usable parts. Then we pass those working computers to people/organizations that can put them to good use. The project itself is fun and very fulfilling, but there's one thing that bug me the most - many times we have computer parts (pci cards, mobos, etc) th...

Can Find Printers, and Get on the Net but can't See any Servers
This is an interesting perdicament, I have one computer on our network that is unable to 'see' any servers (either Appletalk or via TCP-IP address.) The wierdness, is TCP/IP is working (I can get on the internet), and AppleTalk also works, I can see the laserwriters on the network too. But doing Appleshare on the Chooser results in no servers (though I can see them on other macs, so it's not the Server), specifying the TCP/IP address pauses the system and responds cannot find any servers... Any Clues? (My next action is backup and clean install, yuk. I am thinking the file sys...

SqlSpec

Oracle database works properly but from designers tools I can't connect to database
I've installed Oracle 10G on my computer. I can log in using system account. by plsql. I've installed designer and tried to log from designers plsql to the same databse also using sys account - I could not't, I got ora-1017 error. What I'm doing wrong, why plsql from database installation connects me and one from designer installation disallow me from connecting ? I need databse just to run designer for entity and processes diagrams. I need Barkers notation so I can only use Oracle Designer because it's the only tool with Barkers notation. Hope to get some help from You, Jacek On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 13:10:05 -0800, Jacek Maria Jackowski wrote: > I've installed Oracle 10G on my computer. I can log in using system > account. by plsql. I've installed designer and tried to log from > designers plsql to the same databse also using sys account - I could > not't, I got ora-1017 error. What I'm doing wrong, why plsql from > database installation connects me and one from designer installation > disallow me from connecting ? I need databse just to run designer for > entity and processes diagrams. I need Barkers notation so I can only use > Oracle Designer because it's the only tool with Barkers notation. > > Hope to get some help from You, > Jacek [oracle@oracle16 ~]$ oerr ora 1017 01017, 00000, "invalid username/password; logon denied" // *Cause: // *Action: [oracle@oracle16 ~]$ Have you tried using...

Web resources about - Help: How can I get the spfile out of ASM disk - comp.databases.oracle.server

Revolutionary Comics: Motley Crue Vol. 1 #4, October 1989
More retrospective-type content in the media for the event that Dr . Feelgood almost seemed to be: Revolutionary Comics , an unauthorized & independent ...

探索ORACLE之RMAN 02基本使用_数据库/开发_比特网
RMAN工具是Oracle8i为了更好的实现数据库备份恢复而推出来的一实用工具,可以实现数据库的在线的备份和恢复从而不影响业务的正常运行。 探索ORACLE之RMAN 02基本使用

dzone.com - fresh links for developers
Home Microzones Cloud Performance Agile Zone Mobile Zone NoSQL HTML5 DevOps Big Data Enterprise Integration .NET Social Business Tech Marketing ...

Getting started with Oracle Database In-Memory Part I
Blogs.Oracle.Com - Oracle Database In-Memory

CHMP Issues Positive Opinion for Tablet Formulation of Merck's NOXAFIL(R) (posaconazole)
WHITEHOUSE STATION, N.J.(BUSINESS WIRE)February 28, 2014 Merck (NYSE:MRK), known as MSD outside the United States and Canada, announced today ...

5 Configuring Recovery Manager and Archiving
RMAN enables you to back up, restore, and recover datafiles, control files, server parameter files (SPFILEs) and archived redo log files. RMAN ...