help:How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7

How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7

1-what scripts are to be used
2-Where i can find these scripts.

Thnks.

0
shahsyed (9)

You can't.
You can use lower version export to export higher version database.
The other way around has never been possible.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA

0
sybrandb (439)
8/9/2005 8:25:27 AM
You probably have Oracle 9.2.0.1 running somewhere right,
perhaps on another machine ?

Set your ORACLE_HOME to  9.2.0.1
then  export through sqlnet:
    exp username/pwd @9207instance

Now you'll use the 9.2.0.1  export utility; this should work.

"shahsyed" <shahsyed@gmail.com> schreef in bericht  .
> How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7
>
> 1-what scripts are to be used
> 2-Where i can find these scripts.
>
> Thnks.

0
bytelife (5)

     I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is
possible??

Thanks
Alok.

On 9 Aug 2005 22:05:49 -0700, alok.behria@gmail.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>     I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is
>possible??
>
>Thanks
>Alok.

Oracle is backwards compatible provided you have the definition of
backwards compatible correct.
You can connect (again) *lower version client* to a *higher version
database*
The other way around has nothing to do with backwards compatible,
though it usually works, *with the exception of export/import, AS
DOCUMENTED* (but I guess no one ever reads the docs)

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
0
postbus (1497)
        I was actually talking abt imp/exp.not the others.i actually
gone replied one of user query in which he said you can take exp from a
lower version and imp it highre version.

thanks
Alok.