help:How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7

How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7

1-what scripts are to be used
2-Where i can find these scripts.

Thnks.

0
shahsyed (9)

You can't.
You can use lower version export to export higher version database.
The other way around has never been possible.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA

0
sybrandb (439)
8/9/2005 8:25:27 AM
You probably have Oracle 9.2.0.1 running somewhere right,
perhaps on another machine ?

Set your ORACLE_HOME to  9.2.0.1
then  export through sqlnet:
    exp username/pwd @9207instance

Now you'll use the 9.2.0.1  export utility; this should work.

"shahsyed" <shahsyed@gmail.com> schreef in bericht  .
> How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7
>
> 1-what scripts are to be used
> 2-Where i can find these scripts.
>
> Thnks.

0
bytelife (5)

     I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is
possible??

Thanks
Alok.

On 9 Aug 2005 22:05:49 -0700, alok.behria@gmail.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>     I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is
>possible??
>
>Thanks
>Alok.

Oracle is backwards compatible provided you have the definition of
backwards compatible correct.
You can connect (again) *lower version client* to a *higher version
database*
The other way around has nothing to do with backwards compatible,
though it usually works, *with the exception of export/import, AS
DOCUMENTED* (but I guess no one ever reads the docs)

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
0
postbus (1497)
        I was actually talking abt imp/exp.not the others.i actually
gone replied one of user query in which he said you can take exp from a
lower version and imp it highre version.

thanks
Alok.

Oracle server 9.2.0.1.0, Client 9.2.0.4.0, Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1
Hi Everybody, My Database server is running on Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1, And my Oracle version is 9.2.0.1.0. My Client mechine also Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1 , Oracle client version is 9.2.0.4.0. I am running a web application. Our application is in Magic edeveloper. I connect to Oracle using oracle gateway to my application. My Problem is my application is is becoming slow. I am not able to trace where the problem is. Before our application was running fine. recently i upgraded Oracle client version to 9.2.0.4.0. My Oracle client & server versions are different. I am getting error on my client mechine, it showing all memory address on the screen and the part of error is, arg register addr=83498cc .... Dump of memory from 0x83988c to 0x83499cc .... -- End of Call stack trace -- I am not able to trace where the problem is.Any insight please... Thanks, Ssreddy. ...

Upgrade from Oracle 9.2.0.1 to Oracle 9.2.0.3
Hello All, I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start again? Thanks Kumu Hello Kumu, What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you experience? You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your situation. New patches can introduce new problems as you can see, Regards, Ron DBA Infopower http://www.dbainfopower.com Standard disclaimer: http://www.dbainfopower.com/dbaip_advice_disclaimer.html "kumu" <forlist2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a44abd39.0402161837.6badb9ed@posting.google.com... > Hello All, > I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or > 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? > > Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying > 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start > again? > > Thanks > Kumu "Ron" <support@dbainfopower.com> wrote in message news:<QqWdnRM_cMiwWqzdRVn-vg@comcast.com>... > Hello Kumu, > > What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you > experience? > > You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your > situation. > > New patches can introduce new...

upgrade from oracle 9.2.0.1.0 to 9.2.0.5.0
Hi, I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for window version 32 bits, does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step doing it. many thanks leehi leehi wrote: > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, Windows NT4? W2k? W2K3? W2K3 - Release 2? Why stop ot 9.2.0.5? > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. leehi wrote: > Hi, > > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, > > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. > > many thanks > > leehi Go to metalink.oracle.com (registration and Oracle support CSI required). Click on Patches and Updates tab. Wait for the whole screen to load. Use one of the search functions to find your patch (note the Quick Links if you are getting something common, like 9206 or 9207). When you finally get to your patch download, click on the readme (the piece-of-paper icon next to the download icon). Read all the instructions. It's a good idea to read the instructions every time you do it, even (or perhaps especially) when you are comfortable doing it. The readme is usually also included with the patch. Download and unzip the patch. Look at what is there in the patch, perhaps there are additional release notes. Look around on metalink for addition...

Install problems with Oracle installer 2.2 for Oracle 9i Client 9.2.0.1.0
Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong forum - I am an Oracle Newbie. Here are my computer specs : Windows 2003 - fully patch from Microsoft as of Sept 4th 2004 HP LP2000r 1 x 1,1 Gig Intel processor 1 GB RAM Hardware RAID 1, 12 GB with 8 GB freespace Clean install, no other programs. At first I tried running the Oracle installer program from the CD ROM and came up with the error that it could not find the javaw.exe program. I then tried installing and reinstalling several versions of java to no avail. Next I searched through groups.google and found the solution: 1. Copy the Oracle CD to the hard drive. I copied it to a subfolder directly to C:\Oracle9i 2. Change the file c:\oracle9i\install\ORAPARAM.INI to reflect the actual name of the directories listed in the install directories of the cd I just copied. I did this and next took out some "."s and put the absolute path to the java program and something called the "OUI_LOCATION". JRE_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdjre/13110a/1/DataFiles/Expanded OUI_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdoui/220120/1/DataFiles/Expanded Okay so good so far. This time the installer actually started. The problem occurs in the next few steps, when I click "next" (weiter in German) from the welcome screen- please understand if I translate something wrong here. Then I am shown the installation directory screen, where I select the default listed: Source : C:\Oracle...

Connection from Oracle Developer Suite 10g 9.0.4.0.1 to Oracle DB 10g Release 10.1.0.2.0
Hi, I have installed Oracle DB 10g Release 10.1.0.2.0 on Windows XP. START->ALL PROGS->oracle-OraDb10g_home3 Location of TNSNAMES FILE: C:\oracle\product\10.1.0\db_3\NETWORK\ADMIN\TNSNAMES.ORA with two alias: 1)ORCL3 2) EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA I can logon to database via SQL*PLUS and I can log on to EM on the web as well using ORCL3. After that I installed Oracle Developer Suite 10g 9.0.4.0.1 to my the same computer. During installation it was not allowing me to install this suite to the same ORACLE home. I installed this in the following home: START->ALL PROGS->...

restoring 9.2.0.6 datafiles with 9.2.0.7 Oracle
Hello Is there potential problem ? we want to use old datafiles in 9.2.0.6 with a patched oracle in 9.2.0.7... Thank you nonor wrote: > Hello > > Is there potential problem ? we want to use old datafiles in 9.2.0.6 > with a patched oracle in 9.2.0.7... > > Thank you No, you don't want to do that. You want to solve some problem, for which you believe that to be the solution. What is the problem you are trying to solve? In answer to your question -- yes, I'd think there would be disasterous problems. So, again -- what is the problem you are trying to solve? nonor wrote: > Hello > > Is there potential problem ? we want to use old datafiles in 9.2.0.6 > with a patched oracle in 9.2.0.7... That really describes a usual step in applying the 9.2.0.7 patchset. The database files are still at ( whatever ) the old patch level was .... say 9.2.0.6. You have to use the patched oracle binaries to open the database. But then the next step should be to follow the steps in the 9.2.0.7 for patching existing databases ... startup migrate and run the script to move the database files up to 9.2.0.7 ... Is that what you are attempting to do? Have you read the readme ( installation instructions ) for the 9.2.0.7 patchset? ...

Oracle 9.2 vs. Oracle 9.2.0.4.
I'm using SDK 1.4.2_03 either with an Oracle 9.2 or an Oracle 9.2.0.4 client version. The 9.2 version behaves as expected. My problem only occurs with the 9.2.0.4. version. If I try to process the ResultSet of database query and the selected column data includes leading blanks, the 9.2.0.4 seems to trim these leading blanks. Is this behaviour known or am I doing something wrong ? <code snippet> ResultSet result = null; Connection con = null; Statement stmt = null; Vector vec = new Vector(); try { con = DriverManager.getConnection(dbUrl, dbUser, dbPassword); stmt = con.createStatement(); result = stmt.executeQuery("SELECT DATA FROM CPTMESSAGEDATA";); while (result.next()) { vec.add(result.getString("DATA")); } con.close(); stmt.close(); } catch (SQLException e) { } </code snippet> CPTMessageData.DATA is of type VARCHAR2(50) not nullable with values like: " @20013 @E123 @G123 @ @ @ " " @3700167 @43186 @B50_300 @1 @20013 @1 @OK " Any help is appreciated. Alex ...

upgrate from 9.2.0.1.0 to 9.2.0.7.0
how to upgrade.... storm pixie wrote: > how to upgrade.... You grab the upgrade download and install it. Or you re-install from a complete base version. No rocket science, just follow the instructions. On 17 May 2006 17:55:59 -0700, "storm pixie" <amit.dba@gmail.com> wrote: >how to upgrade.... go to metalink download patch. find readme.html in the patch dowloaded follow test on non-production system first when it doubt, re-read the readme. ........ We run Oracle 9iR2,10gR1/2 on RH4/RH3 remove NSPAM to email Download patch or request a cd from oracle supp check the current installation. follow the instruction as the readme file. install the latest jvm patches for OEM. Please take note Oracle Workspace is only 9.2.0.5. You can always log a tar in metalink for support Download patch or request a cd from oracle supp check the current installation. follow the instruction as the readme file. install the latest jvm patches for OEM. Please take note Oracle Workspace is only 9.2.0.5. You can always log a tar in metalink for support ...

oracle 9i (9.2.0.1.0)
Hi! when I call the oracle performance manager I get the following errors: VTM-0002: error when displaying graph java.lang.null.pointerexception at oracle.sysman.vtd.VtdCartridge.lookupClass(VtdCartridge.java:1313) ..... what is my problem? Thanks! ...

select rowid help for oracle 9.2.0.2.0
hi, i'm hoping someone can help me with this. here's the scenerio, i have a million row table a and i do the following: begin for i in ( select /*+ full(a) */ a_column from a) loop null; end loop; end; / runtime: 2 minutes now, i try the following: begin for i in ( select /*+ full(a) */ rowid from a) loop null; end loop; end; / runtime: 10+ minutes (i've never waited long enough for it to complete) i do not know how to explain the difference in time. i believe this is a pl/sql bug. i can do a [select /*+ full(a) */ a_column from a] or [select /*+ full(a) */ rowid from a] in sqlplus with no difference in runtime. i ran into this issue after upgrading from 8.1.7.4.0 to 9.2.0.2.0. if anyone has any ideas or can help that would be great (before i create a TAR). thanks in advance. -maurice ps --> the OS is SunOS 5.8 I've just repeated the test in 9.2.0.4 It's a bug. Check your memory usage (session statistics session uga memory session uga memory max session pga memory session pga memory max ) the version selecting the rowid leaked about 20MB of memory when I ran your test with 200,000 rows. It also took about 20 times as long as the version selecting a numeric column. I haven't investigated it any further - just send your test case to Oracle with a simple create table as select from all_objects to start it off. -- Regards Jonathan Lewis http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.u...

Where to get oracle patch 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5
I'm doing an install for work on a windows xp (32bit) development station. To mimik the production systems I need to install 9.2.0.1.0 and then the patches for 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5. I've installed 9.2.0.1 and I have a disk for the patches but it is corrupted. Where can I get these patches? I've tried google to no avail. Thanks in advance! On 29 Jun 2006 15:13:24 -0700, "David.E.M....@gmail.com" <David.E.Murphy@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm doing an install for work on a windows xp (32bit) development >station. To mimik the production systems I need to install 9.2.0.1.0 >and then the patches for 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5. I've installed 9.2.0.1 >and I have a disk for the patches but it is corrupted. Where can I get >these patches? I've tried google to no avail. Thanks in advance! Patches are available on Metalink. And, yes, you need to have a paid support contract for that. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA David.E.M....@gmail.com wrote: > I'm doing an install for work on a windows xp (32bit) development > station. To mimik the production systems I need to install 9.2.0.1.0 > and then the patches for 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5. I've installed 9.2.0.1 > and I have a disk for the patches but it is corrupted. Where can I get > these patches? I've tried google to no avail. Thanks in advance! You get the patches from oracle http://www.oracle.com then go to the support link then metalink ... I&#...

optimizer_features_enable difference between 9.2.0.1/9..2.0.3/9.2.0.6?
Hi, All, I noticed for this parameter optimizer_features_enable , oracle document says: Syntax OPTIMIZER_FEATURES_ENABLE = {8.0.0 | 8.0.3 | 8.0.4 | 8.0.5 | 8.0.6 | 8.0.7 | 8.1.0 | 8.1.3 | 8.1.4 | 8.1.5 | 8.1.6 | 8.1.7 | 9.0.0 | 9.0.1 | 9.2.0} I noticed when I keep it default to 9.2.0 in init.ora, in version 9.2.0.3 and 9.2.0.5 with exact same database and exact same init.ora, oracle CBO did choose different plan. So there is some difference between 9.2.0.X versioin for the CBO. Where can we get such information about the difference? Thanks On 12 Jul 2005 23:37:28 -0700, "chao_ping" <zhuchao@gmail.com> wrote: > So there is some difference between 9.2.0.X versioin for the CBO. >Where can we get such information about the difference? Usually such things are outlined either in the release notes or in the new features documents. Documents that obviously no one reads. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA "chao_ping" <zhuchao@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1121236648.759298.79320@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, All, > I noticed for this parameter optimizer_features_enable , oracle > document says: > Syntax > OPTIMIZER_FEATURES_ENABLE = {8.0.0 | 8.0.3 | 8.0.4 | 8.0.5 | 8.0.6 | > 8.0.7 | 8.1.0 | 8.1.3 | 8.1.4 | 8.1.5 | 8.1.6 | 8.1.7 | 9.0.0 | 9.0.1 | > 9.2.0} > > > I noticed when I keep it default to 9.2.0 in init.ora, in version > 9.2.0.3 and 9.2.0.5 with exact same database and...

ORA-01571: redo version 9.2.0.0.0 incompatible with ORACLE version 8.1.7
Hye, While running an upgrade from 8.1.7 to 9.2.0.4 I finished the upgrade successfully I started the database and wanted to change undo tablespace management to be automatic So I offline the rollback segs, offline the tablespace that holds then and drop it. I want to create a new tablespace UNDO but I got the error the the parameter compatible is set to a lower value which is true because I have 8.1.7. I disconnect, delete the compatible entry from the file and want to log again. And here's the surprise ORA-01571: redo version 9.2.0.0.0 incompatible with ORACLE version 8.1.7 I have the database backed up so I can restore but I am hoping there is a way that will save me some time. What can I do to eliminate this error ? TIA Michal What do you mean you deleted the compatible parameter ... Did you not set it to a new proper value For example "compatible=9.2.0.0.0" Or is there a reason you would not want to change it - which do exist. It says oracle version is 8i...and redo version 9i. Are you starting the database under right environment? Sorry, I was a little too quick on my post. I should have though about the possibility that you could be using the new server parameter file, in which case you might have to execute the following -> alter system set compatible="9.2.0.0.0.0" scope=spfile; ...

Moving a single instance 9.2.0.7 database to a clustered 9.2.0.6 database environment #2
HI, I have the following situation: We have Veritas cluster setup , and there are 2 solaris servers on which VCS is set up. On this set up we have about 8 databases all of which are 9.2.0.6 version. Now we have one stand alone solaris server, and it has a 9.2.0.7 database. This database is for a third party application -Clear Case & Clear Quest. Now it is required to move the single instance database to clustered environment. Since in the clustered environment we have 9.2.0.6 version, is it AT ALL POSSIBLE to move this database, which is 9.2.0.7 to that enviroment? I guess not, and in that case, what are the options? - since this is a packaged application , so should be contact the vendor and ask them whether we can downgrade the database to 9.2.0.6? - is that a valid option? Are there other options? (upgrading the existing 9.2.0.6 database to make all of them 9.2.0.7 is not allowed.) With thanks, Nirav ...

massive performance drop Oracle 9i on multi processor system (Windows Server 2003, Oracle 9i, 9.2.0.6.0)
The performance of some complex PL/SQL functions has dropped dramatically since migrating from Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.0) on Windows Server 2000 to 9i (9.2.0.6.0) on Windows Server 2003. We found out, that Oracle 9i performance on a multi processor CPU machine (our server has 4 XEON CPUs, Hyperthreading is disabled in BIOS) is highly dependent on init.ora parameters; unfortunately our trial and error approach to find the proper settings (we searched Oracle Tech Net (OTN) and google groups without success) did not help so far. We are testing performance behaviour with some business critical PL/SQL procedures that do authorization calculations for our application. Simplified these functions do a lot of inserts, deletes and selects in/from tables (being used as temp tables in lack of in memory temp table support of oracle 9i). We can monitor the progress within the stored procedure by using UTL_FILE functions to write a log file into the file system of the server; we real time monitor the log file using "tail -f". <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); [...] When setting "CPU_COUNT = 1" in init.ora the function will typically run up to 10 seconds, when setting "CPU_COUNT = 4" it will take more than 2 minutes (!!!) We experimented with the following other parameters so far: db_writer_processes (set to 4 in combination with cpu_count = 4) fast_start_parall...

Comparisons Oracle 11.1.0.7 to Oracle 10.2.0.4
I have made some performance comparison tests on test computers and it has turned out that the Oracle 11 databases are in general slower compared to the Oracle 10 databases by 10 to 30%. The databases are running on Windows Vista and Windows 2003 64 Bit. We hope that the release 2 of Oracle 11 gives some enhancements because in general there are not many advantages regarding new features useable for us. Has someone made similar comparison results? Arne Ortlinghaus ACS Data Systems On Oct 22, 5:37=A0am, "Arne Ortlinghaus" <Arne.Ortlingh...@acs.it> wrote: snip > I have made some performance comparison tests on test computers and it ha= s > turned out that the Oracle 11 databases are in general slower compared to > the Oracle 10 databases by 10 to 30%. The databases are running on Window= s > Vista and Windows 2003 64 Bit. We hope that the release 2 of Oracle 11 gi= ves > some enhancements because in general there are not many advantages regard= ing > new features useable for us. > > Has someone made similar comparison results? That has not been the case for us but we are running on Linux 64 bit systems. When you say "on test computers" that makes me nervous. One has to be very careful to get identical environments. One has to look very carefully at oracle settings between the environments. On Oct 22, 5:37=A0am, "Arne Ortlinghaus" <Arne.Ortlingh...@acs.it> wrote: > I have made some performance...

from oracle 9.2.04 to oracle 9.2.05
i'm a newbie, i'd like to guess if anybody knows how can I upgrade my oracle 9.2.04 to 9.2.05. My java_pool_size, shared_pool_size are under 150 MB. How can I set this value? Bye and thx a lot. jakko1982 wrote: > i'm a newbie, i'd like to guess if anybody knows how can I upgrade my > oracle 9.2.04 to 9.2.05. > My java_pool_size, shared_pool_size are under 150 MB. How can I set > this value? > > Bye and thx a lot. 1) Goto http://metalink.oracle.com and download the 9.2.0.5 patchset. You can also goto 9.2.0.6. Patch installation documentation comes with it. Make sure you review the documentation before applying the patchset. 2) Goto http://tahiti.oracle.com and review the "Initialization Parameter" section. If you are using spfile (Server Parameter File) then you can change these parameters online. Search for "spfile" keyword and goto "Administrator's Guide". If you are not using spfile then you need to locate the database init.ora file, modify the parameter values and bounce the database. Regards /Rauf sorry, but I use Spfile. I've searched Spfile keyword and I read the administrator's guide. and now? sorry but Im a newbye jakko1982 wrote: > sorry, but I use Spfile. I've searched Spfile keyword and I read the > administrator's guide. > > and now? sorry but Im a newbye Did you read under heading "Managing Initialization Parameters Using a Server Parameter File"...

Oracle9i DB 9.2, Oracle9i DS 9.0.2, Oracle9i AS 1.0.2.2.1(Forms, Reports) on Fedora Core 1
I have installed Oracle9i DB 9.2, Oracle9i DS 9.0.2, Oracle9i AS 1.0.2.2.1(Forms6i, Reports6i) on Fedora Core 1 the 8th November 2003. All is running OK. Denis ALEXANDRE Assistant Manager, Banque Saradar France http://www.alexnet.fr/ P.S. I am using Oracle and Unix to create an Integrated Banking System since 1987. This banking system is installed in more than 25 other banks. alex@alexnet.fr wrote: > I have installed > Oracle9i DB 9.2, Oracle9i DS 9.0.2, Oracle9i AS 1.0.2.2.1(Forms6i, Reports6i) > on Fedora Core 1 > the 8th November 2003. All is running OK. > > Denis ALEXANDRE > Assistant Manager, Banque Saradar France > http://www.alexnet.fr/ > > P.S. I am using Oracle and Unix to create an Integrated Banking System since 1987. > This banking system is installed in more than 25 other banks. > > Great - after this coming out in the open, do you care to explain how you installed Portal Rel 1 in a 9.2 instance? -- Regards, Frank van Bortel Frank wrote: > alex@alexnet.fr wrote: > >> I have installed >> Oracle9i DB 9.2, Oracle9i DS 9.0.2, Oracle9i AS 1.0.2.2.1(Forms6i, >> Reports6i) >> on Fedora Core 1 >> the 8th November 2003. All is running OK. >> >> Denis ALEXANDRE >> Assistant Manager, Banque Saradar France >> http://www.alexnet.fr/ >> >> P.S. I am using Oracle and Unix to create an Integrated Banking System >> since 1987. >...

Oracle permissions issue Oracle 9.2.0.7/Win 2003
Oracle 9.2.0.7 Windows 2003 We are going through a Certification and Accreditation process with our databases. We are being dinged for grants that any schema owner is giving on its objects to database roles. We were told that only the SYSTEM user or a user with DBA privileges should grant the permissions on any object to any role. We have changed the process so that the user SYSTEM will log in and grant the permissions but here is something we have noticed. Lets say that the schema in question is SCOTT. The table to grant SELECT permission on is the EMP table. The role to grant permissions to is EMP_ACCESS_ROLE 1. We log in as SYSTEM and run the following statement. GRANT SELECT on SCOTT.EMP to EMP_ACCESS_ROLE; 2. When we run select * from DBA_TAB_PRIVS where table = 'EMP'; GRANTEE OWNER TABLE_NAME GRANTOR PRIVILEGE ---------------------------------- ------------ ------------------------ ---------------- ------------------------------------ EMP_ACCESS_ROLE SCOTT EMP SCOTT SELECT We see that the GRANTOR is still the schema owner SCOTT. So when the database is scanned again we are still being dinged for the schema owner granting permission on an object to a role. ------- 3. We then tried this (even though this is retarded and unnecessary since SYSTEM has the SELECT permission to begin with) GRANT SELECT ON SCOTT.EMP TO SYSTEM WITH GRANT OPTION; 4. We then log in as SYSTEM and grant the permission again. GRANT ...

Linux: Oracle9i DB 9.2, Oracle9i DS 9.0.2, Oracle9i AS 1.0.2.2.1(Forms, Reports) on Fedora Core 1
I have installed with Philippe ALEXANDRE on a laptop Oracle9i DB 9.2, Oracle9i DS 9.0.2, Oracle9i AS 1.0.2.2.1(Forms6i, Reports6i) on Fedora Core 1 the 8th November 2003. All is running OK. Denis ALEXANDRE Assistant Manager, Banque Saradar France http://www.alexnet.fr/ P.S. I am using Oracle and Unix to create an Integrated Banking System since 1987. This banking system is installed in more than 25 other banks. ...

How to upgrade a DB from 9.2.0.1 to 9.2.0.7 ???
Dear all, I've just upgraded my Oracle software to version 9.2.0.7 because it corrects a bug found in 9.2.0.1. OK, now the bug disappeared... but .... Now I cannot use anymore IMP and EXP. I face the following error : ------------8<------------------8<------------------ C:\Temp>exp ME/password@database file=exp_file owner=ME Export: Release 9.2.0.7.0 - Production on Tue Oct 4 15:22:06 2005 Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved. Connected to: Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.7.0 - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.7.0 - Production Export done in WE8MSWIN1252 character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character set About to export specified users ... .. exporting pre-schema procedural objects and actions .. exporting foreign function library names for user ME .. exporting PUBLIC type synonyms .. exporting private type synonyms .. exporting object type definitions for user ME EXP-00008: ORACLE error 942 encountered ORA-00942: table or view does not exist EXP-00024: Export views not installed, please notify your DBA EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully ------------8<------------------8<------------------ I looked for upgrade scripts/tools/info and the like... localy and on the net (metalink, asktom, usenet, etc) without luck so far. I found CATEXP.SQL and CATPATCH.SQL in %ORA_HOME%\rdbms\admin, but can't tell wether this is for 9.2.0.1 or 9.2.0.7... ...

oracle 9.2.0.1.0 questions
Hi! I have some weeks ago installed oracle 9.2.0.1.0 enterprise version. Now I need the transparent gateway for microsoft sql server 2000. I started the oracle universal installer on my oracle server and selected custom. There I selected oracle transparent gateways 9.2.0.1.0 for sql server. Now my problem: In the oracle 9i database window I see that 1 product (oracle database 9.2.0.1.0) will be deinstalled. Also under new installation is 1 product (oracle database 9.2.0.1.0) shown. Why makes the oracle universal installer a deinstallation of my oracle 9.2.0.1.0? I have nothing marked to deinstall. I have oracle enterprise version installed. When I add any software component of oracle is that the right way to do with the custom selection in the oracle universal installer window? Thanks! ...

Windows Oracle 9.2.0.2.1
Where can I get a developer's copy of 32-bit Windows Oracle 9.2.0 and patch set 9.2.0.2.1? I tried to find it at http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oracle9i/index.html However as you can see, the only 9.2.0.2 version for Windows is the 64-bit version. Thanks, Wardell Castles Install 9.2.0.1.0, then apply patch 9.2.0.2.1. Patch can be downloaded from the metalink.oracle.com... search for Microsoft Windows 32 bit patches for 9.2.0. Regards /Rauf wardellcastles@hotmail.com (Wardell Castles) wrote in message news:<65f20689.0410080816.769c2562@posting.google.com>... > Where can I get a developer's copy of 32-bit Windows Oracle 9.2.0 and > patch set 9.2.0.2.1? > > I tried to find it at > http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oracle9i/index.html > > However as you can see, the only 9.2.0.2 version for Windows is the > 64-bit version. > > Thanks, > Wardell Castles Wardell Castles wrote: > Where can I get a developer's copy of 32-bit Windows Oracle 9.2.0 and > patch set 9.2.0.2.1? > > I tried to find it at > http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oracle9i/index.html > > However as you can see, the only 9.2.0.2 version for Windows is the > 64-bit version. > > Thanks, > Wardell Castles There is no such thing as a Developers copy and I can't imagine why you would want anything less than the current patchset. Go to http://store.oracle.com Pic...

Moving a single instance 9.2.0.7 database to a clustered 9.2.0.6 database environment
HI, I have the following situation: We have Veritas cluster setup , and there are 2 solaris servers on which VCS is set up. On this set up we have about 8 databases all of which are 9.2.0.6 version. Now we have one stand alone solaris server, and it has a 9.2.0.7 database. This database is for a third party application -Clear Case & Clear Quest. Now it is required to move the single instance database to clustered environment. Since in the clustered environment we have 9.2.0.6 version, is it AT ALL POSSIBLE to move this database, which is 9.2.0.7 to that enviroment? I guess not, and in that case, what are the options? - since this is a packaged application , so should be contact the vendor and ask them whether we can downgrade the database to 9.2.0.6? - is that a valid option? Are there other options? (upgrading the existing 9.2.0.6 database to make all of them 9.2.0.7 is not allowed.) Again thanks a lot for the kind help.. Nirav nirav wrote: > HI, > > I have the following situation: > > We have Veritas cluster setup , and there are 2 solaris servers on > which VCS is set up. On this set up we have about 8 databases all of > which are 9.2.0.6 version. > > Now we have one stand alone solaris server, and it has a 9.2.0.7 > database. This database is for a third party application -Clear Case & > Clear Quest. > > Now it is required to move the single instance database to clustered > environment. > > Since in the cl...

Web resources about - help:How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 - comp.databases.oracle.server