HELP : Move old database in old machine to new database in new machine

What are the possible upgrade options for the following situations ?

From(Old machine)        To(New machine)
=======================  ================
Oracle 8.0.6/AIX 4.3.3   Oralce 9i/AIX 5.2
Oracle 8.0.6/HP 10.20    Oralce 9i/HP 11.0
Oracle 8.1.5/AIX 4.3.3   Oralce 9i/AIX 5.2
Oracle 8.1.6/AIX 4.3.3   Oralce 9i/AIX 5.2
Oracle 8.1.7/AIX 4.3.3   Oralce 9i/AIX 5.2
Oralce 8i/Solaris 2.6    Oralce 9i/Solaris 9i
Oralce 8i/Solaris 5.8    Oralce 9i/Solaris 9i
Oralce 8i/Solaris 8i     Oralce 9i/Solaris 9i

A. Background and limitations
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Data size: Vary from a few gigabytes to a few terabytes
Down time: A few hours, such as 8 hours.
Old/new machines location: Locate in different countries and connected
by WAN.

B. The way forward
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am considering the following methods but I am not sure the
feasibility and compatibility issues. Your expertise is sought.

Method 1 : Export/Import
------------------------
   Step 1: Setup the new blank database in new machine.
   Step 1: Export the data during down time.
   Step 2: Transfer exported data through the WAN to new machine.
   Step 3: Import the data to the new database.

   Concerns
   1. I think it is suitable for small volume data because of time
constraint.

Method 2 : DBUA
------------------------
   Step 1: Install both the old/intermediate/new versions in the new
machine
   Step 2: Copy the datafiles to new machine during downtime.
   Step 3: Startup the old database using old version.
   Step 4: Upgrade the database to new version using DBUA.

   Concerns
   1. I think it is suitable for small volume data because of time
constraint.
   2. For 8.1.5/8.1.6, I need to upgrade to the intermediate 8.1.7
first.
   3. Is this method faster than method 1 ?

Method 3 : Primary/Standby (Don't know if it work or not )
   Step 1: Setup the primary/standby databases for old/new databases.
   Step 2: Switch over to the standby database during down time.
   Step 3: Remove the Primary/Standby database relation.
   Step 4: Upgrade the database in the new machine to new version
using DBUA.

   Concerns
   1. Does Primary/Standby supports different oralce versions such as
8i/9i ?
      If yes, then there is no need to upgrade the database.
   2. No need to transfer data during down time. It saves time.

Method 4 : Replication (Don't know if it work or not )
   Step 1: Create a blank database in the new machine.
   Step 2: Setup replication for all tables between the old/new
databases.
   Step 3: Drop all the replication during the down time.
   Step 4: Upgrade the database in the new machine to new version
using DBUA.

   Concerns
   1. Does replication supports different oralce versions such as
8i/9i ?
      If yes, then there is no need to upgrade the database.
   2. No need to transfer data during down time. It saves time.

Your expertise is sought on the feasibility and compatibility of the
above methods. If you have better ideas, I would be much appreciate.

Thks,
James

Hi James,

i'd prefer Method 1:

Build up new system without downtime of old system -> enough time, room
for errors, tunig.

Make exp from old system while uptime.
Maybe use consistent=yes. If yes: watch for rollback segments.

gzip the *.dmp files, you will save a -lot- of bandwidth.
Rsync is great for this job, can go via ssh,  limit bandwith etc.

Import data into new system.
As a side effect ata will be defragmented.
I've seen great speed improvements.
Test new system!

If everything goes OK.
Take old system off-line and repeat the exp-imp procedure.

This is my standard procedure for > 10 years.

I alway prefer to have a new system without old stuff.

There have been Oracle errors with upgraded databases!

kind regards,

Toni
0
nomail1467 (40)
10/7/2004 10:46:08 AM
IMHO... simple and easy solution is always a winner i.e. method 1.
Full export from old, full import into new. No fuss or extra setup as
with the other methods.

Regards
/Rauf

fungcheung@yahoo.com (James Cheung) wrote in message news:<9d46429.0410061920.32be274a@posting.google.com>...
> [...]
>    Step 1: Create a blank database in the new machine.
>    Step 2: Setup replication for all tables between the old/new
> databases.
>    Step 3: Drop all the replication during the down time.
>    Step 4: Upgrade the database in the new machine to new version
> using DBUA.
>
>    Concerns
>    1. Does replication supports different oralce versions such as
> 8i/9i ?
>       If yes, then there is no need to upgrade the database.
>    2. No need to transfer data during down time. It saves time.
>

> ##########################################################################
> Your expertise is sought on the feasibility and compatibility of the
> above methods. If you have better ideas, I would be much appreciate.
> ##########################################################################

0
rs_arwar (311)
10/7/2004 11:45:37 AM
fungcheung@yahoo.com (James Cheung) wrote in message news:<9d46429.0410061920.32be274a@posting.google.com>...
> What are the possible upgrade options for the following situations ?
>
> From(Old machine)        To(New machine)
> =======================  ================
> Oracle 8.0.6/AIX 4.3.3   Oralce 9i/AIX 5.2
> Oracle 8.0.6/HP 10.20    Oralce 9i/HP 11.0
> Oracle 8.1.5/AIX 4.3.3   Oralce 9i/AIX 5.2
> Oracle 8.1.6/AIX 4.3.3   Oralce 9i/AIX 5.2
> Oracle 8.1.7/AIX 4.3.3   Oralce 9i/AIX 5.2
> Oralce 8i/Solaris 2.6    Oralce 9i/Solaris 9i
> Oralce 8i/Solaris 5.8    Oralce 9i/Solaris 9i
> Oralce 8i/Solaris 8i     Oralce 9i/Solaris 9i
>

> A. Background and limitations
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Data size: Vary from a few gigabytes to a few terabytes
> Down time: A few hours, such as 8 hours.
> Old/new machines location: Locate in different countries and connected
> by WAN.

I agree with the others that in general exp/imp is the way to go.  The
other methods require the db to be the same version at some point.
There are methods to speed up exp/imp, including piping directly from
exp to imp.

However, if you have terabytes, I don't think you will be able to do
it in 8 hours.  There are things you can do to speed it up, but that
is still a lot of data.

In those sorts of cases, a dblink with CTAS can work wonders.  It
takes less time because you aren't reading through the whole TB,
writing it out, transferring it over, reading it in with the
associated extent work.  You just have to be sure and have a fast,
reliable network connection.

Of course you need to test these things, but my recent experience with
a particular setup between disimilar platforms (so couldn't just pipe)
was the CTAS was faster (by 4X), including creating indices and stats.
 In the past (including the recent past with a different project), my
experience was always dblinks were slow.

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
"i want the RAW tkprof with timings -- no explain plans (they can

How to move Oracle database to a new machine?
Hi all Oracle DBA experts, At work we have an Oracle 8i on Unix with a small amount of user data (less than 10 tables and the largest table has about 4000 records). I need to move this database to a new machine. The database has no active transactions so I can shut it down whenever I need to. I have textbook knowledge on how to do this but the only hands-on experience I have is installing Oracle8i on a PC. So I really need your help. My plan is to make a closed database backup, install Oracle8i on the new machine, then restore the database file. I've read some documentation, but I want to be sure that I understand the proper way to do this before I begin? Here are a couple alternatives I see: Plan One. a. SQL>shutdown normal; b. back up (cp all data files, control files, redo log files, password file, parameter file). c. install oracle8i on the new machine d. restore (cp all backup files to the new machine) when the oracle is shut down e. SQL>startup pfile=init.ora; Plan Two: a. SQL>shutdown normal; b. back up (cp all data files, control files, redo log files, password file, parameter file). c. install oracle8i on the new machine d. restore (cp all backup files to the new machine) when the oracle is shut down e. SQL>startup mount pfile=init.ora; f. SQL>recover database; g. SQL>alter database open; Plan Three: Is it easier to do this using Export/Import utility? The database currently is set in Archivelog mode. But there will be no loss of da...

Oracle database move to a new machine
I have: old machine 1: /u01/app/oracle/oradata/DB1/ *.dbf files *.ctl files Oracle Database Release 9.0.1.3.0 new machine 2: /u01/app/oracle/product/primary/oradata/DB1/ *.dbf *.ctl Oracle Database Release 9.2.0.1.0 I just set up Oracle on the new machine. What is the easiest and safest way to move the dbf and ctl files from the old machine and directory to the new one? Can this be done or am I going to have to whip up the old exp/imp tools? Thanks I am very familiar with the initSIDXXX.ora but what is the spfileSIDXXXX.ora file? Thanks v5034 wrote: > I have: > > old machine 1: > /u01/app/oracle/oradata/DB1/ > *.dbf files > *.ctl files > Oracle Database Release 9.0.1.3.0 > > new machine 2: > /u01/app/oracle/product/primary/oradata/DB1/ > *.dbf > *.ctl > Oracle Database Release 9.2.0.1.0 > > > I just set up Oracle on the new machine. What is the easiest and safest > way to move the dbf and ctl files from the old machine and directory to > the new one? Can this be done or am I going to have to whip up the old > exp/imp tools? > > Thanks > v5034 wrote: > > I am very familiar with the initSIDXXX.ora but what is the > spfileSIDXXXX.ora file? > > Thanks > The replacement in the new world. Always stored on the server. Allows changing [most] parms 'remotely'. Don't edit it! It's a 'binary' file & edits can easily made the database unusable....

Move Oracle database from old hard disk to new hard disk
anyone know how to move the Oracle database into another larger hard disk? Oracle 9i installed in Red Hat. Pls guide me. Thank you ericlaiys wrote: > anyone know how to move the Oracle database into another larger hard > disk? > Oracle 9i installed in Red Hat. > Pls guide me. > > Thank you > The Administrator's Guide is a wonderful document which I highly recommend that you read. The answer to your question can be found there: http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96521/dfiles.htm#8765 Cheers, Brian -- =================================================================== Brian Peasland dba@nospam.peasland.net http://www.peasland.net Remove the "nospam." from the email address to email me. "I can give it to you cheap, quick, and good. Now pick two out of the three" - Unknown Since almost 90% of the stuff posted should be available on the Oracle Documentation, I guess we can just use this as a standard answer 90% of the time. Anyway, here is a bit more info to recreate another database on another server (different database name, database-creation-time parameters etc) 1. In the original database, issue a command to generate a trace: alter database backup controlfile to trace This will generate a trace file under your udump directory (Hope you don't ask where it is, otherwise, you will get more stern remarks from our fearsome DBAs). 2. Edit the trace to your own taste...

restart replication on new database copied from old database without full refresh
New Database. Structure created with db2look. Data for all Tables filled with load from original Database. Need for Replication to go on without full refresh. Database UDB8.1 on Win2000 Any help? Thanks Klemens ...

need to restore old database (database server 4.01 AIX)
hi. i need to restore an old database. The db was backed up using a DLT drive, using 2 volumes. The content for the tapes was copied to file onto Solaris machine using rsh and dd (for backup purposes). Now, the drive is defective and can't read the tapes anymore. Server is AIX 4.3.2 and database is IBM DB2 Server (DB2 for AIX Version 2.1.2) I tried doing an NFS export from solaris machine. and doing restore database ..... from /mnt but i got the following message: SQL2542N No match for a database image file was found based on the source database alias and timestamp ...

New tool for an old database?
I'm running Informix SE 7.x because our application software vendor won't move up to Onlive Dynamic version. I used to use Informix Viewpoint to work with Informix SE but it'sno longer in the market. Does Informix or any vendor out there has GUI tool to work with Informix SE? Thanks PN ...

update old database in new version
hello ( sorry for my bad english ) i have a old database ( version 3.x ) now i have a new application, thats user version 4.x. but the new version can�t use the old database, ... how can i update the old database? or .... Thanks Tobias Mayer <spam500@gmx.de> wrote in message news:<30gma1F2vh4n6U1@uni-berlin.de>... > hello > > ( sorry for my bad english ) > > i have a old database ( version 3.x ) > > now i have a new application, thats user version 4.x. > but the new version can�t use the old database, ... > > how can i update the old database? You can use the db_upgrade utility. Do read the documentation before you try this. For more information: http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/utility/db_upgrade.html I hope this helps! Ron Sleepycat Software > or > ... > > Thanks > http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/utility/db_upgrade.html sorry i have testet with "db_upgrade database.db" but did not work how must the syntax? what option i need? db_upgrate old-database.db ?? What was the error message? db_upgrade -V The above command should output the version information and confirm that you are actually running the utility without any PATH problems, etc. > > how must the syntax? > what option i need? > > db_upgrate old-database.db ?? db_upgrade [-NsV] [-h home] [-P password] file ... What you have above db_...

error while moving database to new server
I need to move a mysql database to a new server. old-server>>mysqldump --all-databases -u root -p > safe.sql new-server>>mysql -u root -p < safe.sql I get an error: ERROR 1449 (HY000) at line 1667: There is no 'lars'@'localhost' registered "lars" was indeed an user on the old installation. What else do I need to do? What's the best way to move the whole db? Users, passwords, views, privilages and all. -- Rahul Rahul <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote in news:Xns9C19A16CADAEB6650A1FC0D7811DDBC81@85.214.105.209: > > What else d...

move database to new server/directory
Hi, I'm totally new to oracle, only have a bit knowledge of MS- and mysql. I would like to move a database (and if possible all the config) to a new Windows server. I tried exp and imp, but probably it fails as the old server installation points to d:\oradata and d:\orahome_1 while my new standard installation of 10g points to d:\oracle\product\10.2.0. I'd like to keep that as it is obviously default. Can someone please point me what exactly I have to do now? Preferrable using OEM? Thanks, Helmut -- Please do not feed my mailbox, Swen still does his job well "Helmut Schneider" <jumper99@gmx.de> schreef in bericht news:4s2mntFtugu3U1@mid.individual.net... > Hi, > > I'm totally new to oracle, only have a bit knowledge of MS- and mysql. > > I would like to move a database (and if possible all the config) to a new > Windows server. I tried exp and imp, but probably it fails as the old > server installation points to d:\oradata and d:\orahome_1 while my new > standard installation of 10g points to d:\oracle\product\10.2.0. I'd like > to keep that as it is obviously default. > > Can someone please point me what exactly I have to do now? Preferrable > using OEM? > > Thanks, Helmut > > -- > Please do not feed my mailbox, Swen still does his job well Hire a DBA for one day? Shakespeare What's in a namespace (xml@ns.com) wrote: > "Helmut Schneider" <jumper...

cannot move the mysql database to a new server
Dear all, I just reinstall the redhat 8. For convienience, I just copy all the data files from the old mysql server to the new one. Ao I give the same priviledge to it, .i.e. chown mysql.mysql and chmod 660, in order to give corresponding read/write authority. Also we give priviledge to the user in the mysql database. Anyway, when deleting some data from a table of the database, following error is given as ERROR 1036 : Table 'XXX' is read only. Simon Simon Lee wrote: > Dear all, > > I just reinstall the redhat 8. For convienience, I just copy all the data > fi...

new user or new database
I have a DB with some users, each user has some tables. Which differece is there in the following two approaches ? 1) To create a new user inside the existing DB and make him to import a dump DB. He should see the dump DB as tables which only that user can own 2) To import the dump DB as new DB, so I would have two DB thank you for your answers Ale The answer is for you to have specific Schema's. Ale wrote: > I have a DB with some users, each user has some tables. > Which differece is there in the following two approaches ? > > 1) To create a new user inside the existing DB and make him to import a dump > DB. He should see the dump DB as tables which only that user can own > 2) To import the dump DB as new DB, so I would have two DB > > thank you for your answers > Ale Ale wrote: > I have a DB with some users, each user has some tables. > Which differece is there in the following two approaches ? > > 1) To create a new user inside the existing DB and make him to import a dump > DB. He should see the dump DB as tables which only that user can own > 2) To import the dump DB as new DB, so I would have two DB > > thank you for your answers > Ale One database ... multiple schemas. -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with 'u' to respond) On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:49:57 +0100, Ale wrote: > I have a DB with some users, each user has some tables....

Trying to restore a database with RMAN in new server and new location of backppieces
Hello, Database: Oracle 10gR2 O/S: Windows Server 2003 My RMAN backuppieces are stored in a network drive: \\old_location\FULL and \\old_location\INC I'm trying to restore a whole database with RMAN in another server from my FULL backup. For that, I copy all backuppieces files from: \\old_location\FULL to new server: D:\new_location\ Also I created the relevant folder hierarchy under <ORACLE_BASE> directory, as follows: a. Create BDUMP, CDUMP, and UDUMP directories under '<ORACLE_ BASE> \admin' directory b. Create <DATABASE_NAME> directory under '<ORACLE_BASE>\oradata' directory c. pfile.ora and controlfile (CTL_MTDPROD_2308_20120401_1.CTL) are backup from original database and they are in D:\new_location\ d. I copied pfile.ora and controlfile to folder: C:\oracle\product \10.2.0\db_1\database\ I started creating an instance in new server from scratch: C:\>oradim -new -sid MTDPROD -intpwd mtdprod C:\> SET ORACLE_SID=MTDPROD C:\> rman RMAN> connect target sys RMAN> SET DBID=21692876873 RMAN> STARTUP force nomount PFILE=C:\oracle\product \10.2.0\db_1\database\init_mtdprod.ora RMAN> restore controlfile from 'C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\database \CTL_MTDPROD_2308_20120401_1.CTL'; RMAN> alter database mount; #Since I want to read my backuppieces from D:\new_location and not from \\old_location\FULL then I catalog and restore like: RMAN> catalog start with 'D:\new_location\'; RMAN&...

FE database not showing new table added to BE database
Hello All, I've checked around a little on Google (and this group) and have found info similar to what I'm trying to do (i.e., changes that were made in the BE's tables are not reflected in the FE database) and have heard suggestions using code, etcetera. But I need a bit more clarification please. What I'm doing/have done is this (MS Access 2007, FE stored on WXP clients, BE stored on a W2K3 server): My database has been split. A copy of the FE is on each user PC, the BE is stored in shared folder on the server. I've had to (don't ask why please, its one of those things where people don't spend enough time on their biz requirements up front and instead rush to start using a database) add a new table to the system. I added it in the BE file, but when I run the FE, it's not showing up (the other tables from the BE are showing as linked tables with the arrows). I've used the Linked Table Manager in the FE (which isn't available in the BE), but only see the original set of tables from my BE, no mention of the new table that I had to add to the BE. Which brings me to my question, the new table is there in the BE, but its now showing up in the FE's, how can this be accomplished? Is the only way to do this via coding? Rgds, Amit Open the FE. Click on Get External Data. Navigate to your BE and select the missing table. Click Link. You should now see the missing table in your FE. Steve <reelrave@gmail.com> wrote in messag...

Copy Prdoduction database to Test database on different machine
Hi all, I want to make a copy of the production database to a different machine and then reload the database for testing purpose. This must be done during the night when nobody is on the production system. On both machines: OS: Linux RH 8.0 Oracle: 9.2.0.1 Same directory structure. Which steps do I have to take or which scripts do I have to run? With kind regards, Herman Pool > Which steps do I have to take or which scripts do I have to run? imp/exp with FULL=Y option or if your tablespaces already exist exp each of your users and import them from system with fromuser and touser these are easily scripted thanks Herman Pool wrote: > Hi all, > > I want to make a copy of the production database to a different > machine and then reload the database for testing purpose. > This must be done during the night when nobody is on the production > system. > > On both machines: > OS: Linux RH 8.0 > Oracle: 9.2.0.1 > Same directory structure. > > Which steps do I have to take or which scripts do I have to run? > > With kind regards, > > Herman Pool I had a similar requirement recently, although you seem to want to do it nightly? It might be worth to check the RMAN documentation on duplicate. When properly set up the only script you need might be rman> connect target / rman> connect auxilliary database <privileged user>/<password>@duplicatedb rman> duplicate target database to duplicatedb; Howeve...

Old Machine and New Machine
I have two windows machines in the house that I want to LAN play (not internet) C&C type games with over a 100-baseT network: 1. Dell Inspiron 1.1ghz, 40gb HD, 640mb RAM, 16mb ATI video card, XP Home SP2 2. Homebuilt with AMD 2.2ghz dual-core, 360gb HD, 1gb RAM, integrated nVidia 6150 graphics (uses 128mb I think), XP Pro SP2 I remember really loving the original Command and Conquer when I played it on a mac in 1996-97, the controlling of all the little units with the mouse, etc. I was wondering if a LAN play version of this existed out there and if it was still available, A...

Using Oracle Replication To Move A New Production Database
We have been working Oracle Support to resolve an database problem that causes our application to present the "Do You Want To Save" message after an update 3 or more times to the end user before you can navigate to the next record or another screen. Oracle has been assisting us with this problem since June and resolution has not been found. This problem began after we experience a major crash in May that resulted in our production database being rebuilt by the DBA's at our hosting facility. A decision has been made by management to move the production data to a new database before year end. Since we are a credit card processing company, the database is available 24 by 7. We have created test database on the production server and moved the data over via export/import to see if we could duplicate the problem. The problem did not manifest itself. At this point, management would like to find the fastest way to rebuild 100GB database. It is important that we keep downtime less than 6 hours. Based on the research I have done so far, replication may be our best option. A new database can be created and offline instatiantions can be made of all the schema's required for the application. It is not our intention to replicate all of our tables, just the dynamic ones. Once the new database has completed the instantiation and synced with production, we can begin testing the new database. After testing successfully completes, we can schedule a cutover date. From what I...

Moving a complete oracle 8i database to a new location
Hello all, I have a production database running on Windows NT Server. I have been asked to replicate the database for the development server running on Windows 2000 Professional. I have no hands on experience on moving a database completely. I have taken the copies of the datafiles, redo logs, control files and password file from the production. I have a very vague idea to go ahead with the next step. I have installed oracle on the new machine and have opted for not creating a database during the installation. So there are no instances running and no database mounted. I thought that this was a good occassion for me to learn setting up a database from scratch. If anyone could please guide me step by step on the procedures to be followed, I'll be extremely thankful for the help. I was recommended to this group by many experts in my company. Please help me to find a solution to the problem as soon as possible. Thanks and Regards, Anand PR. anand_radhakrishnan@syntelinc.com (Anand R) wrote in news:c89bc19b.0408060416.296084ab@posting.google.com: > Hello all, > > I have a production database running on Windows NT Server. I have been > asked to replicate the database for the development server running on > Windows 2000 Professional. I have no hands on experience on moving a > database completely. I have taken the copies of the datafiles, redo > logs, control files and password file from the production. > > I have a very vague idea to go ahea...

copying database structure to new database with different tablespace names
Oracle 8.1.7 windows 2000 server I need to create a second database with the same structure as the current one (no users roles or grants). new instance, new database name and different tablespace names. Is ther a logical. practical way to do this? thanks Mick michael cooke wrote: > Oracle 8.1.7 > windows 2000 server > I need to create a second database with the same structure as the current > one (no users roles or grants). new instance, new database name and > different tablespace names. Is ther a logical. practical way to do this? > > thanks > Mick Depends on what you mean by your use of the word 'database'. If you really mean schema ... export / import. If you mean another database ... transportable tablespaces, export / import, database_link, advanced replication. You've provided far too little information from which to formulate much of a response. Unless the point of this request is fail-over I'd review Cobb's rules of normalization. -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/extinfo/certprog/oad/oad_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) > Unless the point of this request is fail-over I'd review Cobb's rules of > normalization. Cobb????? Must be a corny joke. Cheers, Brian -- =================================================================== Brian Peasland dba@remove_spam.peasland.com Rem...

Removing the New Database and Open Database options from the Office Button
I have an .accde file with custom ribbons and with "Allow Full Menus" set to False, but the Office Button menu still gives the user the ability to create a new Access database, or -- much worse -- open an existing one. My application is on a terminal server and I'm trying to plug all the holes so the user can't do anything but use my application. But right now if the user goes to the Office Button and clicks "Open", he can navigate to the back-end of my application and use/change/delete the tables. Even if I use Access User Level Security (and I am), since the user is logged into the MDW file, he can do anything I've given him permission to do -- add records, delete records, etc. -- without any of the data validation, date stamping and logging I've programmed into my forms. Help! Under the office menu code, you should be able to hide it as follows: <officeMenu> <button idMso="FileOpenDatabase" visible="false"/> </officeMenu> Hope this helps, Andy "evenlater" <evancater@gmail.com> wrote in message news:6537bd3b-1cab-4e66-be8b-e3670aa8b4d8@i76g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... >I have an .accde file with custom ribbons and with "Allow Full Menus" > set to False, but the Office Button menu still gives the user the > ability to create a new Access database, or -- much worse -- open an > existing one. > > My application is on a terminal server and I'm try...

Web resources about - HELP : Move old database in old machine to new database in new machine - comp.databases.oracle.server