How to connect from web server to Oracle server?

I am converting an applet from Sybase to Oracle and I haven't yet
found information on how to accomplish the connect from the end-user's
browser-running applet and the Oracle server.

Our understanding is that the applet, running on end-users' PC's, can
only connect to the web server which "served" the applet to the
users' browsers.

In our configuration, the Oracle server is a separate machine from the
web server.  Therefore it would appear that we will need to install
some sort of middleware on the web server that will pass the Oracle
traffic back and forth between the Oracle server and user's browser
sessions.

With the Sybase implementation we have been using the Sybase
jConnect product, running on our web server, for this purpose.

Will we also require such a middleware product with Oracle, and
does Oracle offer such a product?

0
no-spam13 (10)

Jim wrote:
> I am converting an applet from Sybase to Oracle and I haven't yet
> found information on how to accomplish the connect from the end-user's
> browser-running applet and the Oracle server.
>
> Our understanding is that the applet, running on end-users' PC's, can
> only connect to the web server which "served" the applet to the
> users' browsers.
>
> In our configuration, the Oracle server is a separate machine from the
> web server.  Therefore it would appear that we will need to install
> some sort of middleware on the web server that will pass the Oracle
> traffic back and forth between the Oracle server and user's browser
> sessions.
>
> With the Sybase implementation we have been using the Sybase
> jConnect product, running on our web server, for this purpose.
>
> Will we also require such a middleware product with Oracle, and
> does Oracle offer such a product?

Oracle has their own 10g Application Server;
which is a repackaging of Orion AS.

0
anacedent (475)

Server to server = Server client to server?
For a server to server connection, is the connecting server considered as a client of the accepting server or is it not? I have the following classes: Connection <--- base class of the following two ClientConnection <--- client ServerConnection <--- server ServerClientConnection <--- server as a client of another server. But then I came across something that states "A client is anything connected to a server that is not another client". Comments please... Just remember! Server ( programm ) is always listening a connections!!! - wrote: &g...

Oracle DB Server and Web Server with thai support
Hi, all I have DB Server ( Sun Server act as Oracle 8i DB Server ). and I have Web Server ( Dell Server RHEL4 ES act as Web Server run apache2 + php + Zendcore for oracle ) I want to use My Application run from Web Server to Connect Oracle Server . and want to use thai support of oracle. What next i should to do more ? ::: config. httpd.conf of apache2 of Web Server ? ::: config. code of my PHP-application ? ::: config. Oracle DB Server ? ::: config. RHEL4 Server ? and i want someone tell me the detail and step to me. Please me. Thank you very much Pratchaya On 19 Feb 2006 10:25:35 -0800, "Pratchaya" <pratchaya@banana.co.th> wrote: >and i want someone tell me the detail and step to me. > >Please me. Please read the Oracle Globalization Manual, and don't ask people in this forum to abstract the manual. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA ...

Opening files from one server to another (connect to Apache/Oracle server)
Hi, We have a web setup where we're using two servers, one of which is using an ASP application running a SQL Server database, the other is using Oracle with Apache. Basically, we want users to be able to open files such as Adobe Acrobat PDF documents (which are stored on the Oracle server) via clicking links in pages on the other (SQL) server. We have security set up that each site requires a user ID and password to access site content, so we need to figure out how we can make the sites communicate that when the file link is clicked, the file is opened. We currently get a 404 (Forbidden) message. I've been told that there are stored settings in some header section (not sure if this would be Apache or Oracle doing this) to handle the user ID and password security, so my guess is we need info as to how we can make the sites handshake with this protocol. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Brian ...

WINODS NT SERVER Oracle
I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, i.e., one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the workarounds. Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. Do same problem exist with pcAnywhere, VNC desktop, Citrix client. Thanks, Prem On 19 Feb 2004 18:38:10 -0800, premmehrotra@hotmail.com (Prem K Mehrotra) wrote: >I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing >the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service >Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, >i.e., >one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the >workarounds. Because Microsoft is Microsoft and Microsoft doesn't support the BEQ protocol used by Oracle for this purpose. The only lousy workaround is to use set local=<tns service name> prior to connecting to sql*plus in a cmd window. Also you can't use the lsnrctl program to start and stop the listener for the same reason. You need to bounce the service. > >Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console >wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. OEM? It works! Need to save the init.ora on the Oracle Enterprise Management Server, using OEM, but that is about there is. Or dump Microsux T...

Know about MSSQL servers oracle server??
MSSQL servers are among the most commonly used servers. But we also know that MSSQL server security is a critical concern for most of the database administrators. This task will become handy with the help of Secure Auditor which is a unified digital risk management solution capable of auditing, enforce compliance, and conduct forensics and penetration tests on the networks. Try its full version from the link http://www.download.com/Secure-Auditor/3000-2653-10826743.html?part=dl-SecureAud&subj=uo&tag=button and do tell me your opinion. alene wrote: > MSSQL servers are among the most commonly used servers. But we also > know that MSSQL server security is a critical concern for most of the > database administrators. This task will become handy with the help of > Secure Auditor which is a unified digital risk management solution > capable of auditing, enforce compliance, and conduct forensics and > penetration tests on the networks. Try its full version from the link > http://www.download.com/Secure-Auditor/3000-2653-10826743.html?part=dl-SecureAud&subj=uo&tag=button > and do tell me your opinion. Ok. My opinion is that you are a spammer. A rude person that insults us while asking us to be a customer. That is a losing proposition as we will never do business with a spammer. And every post you write in violation of your GMAIL Terms of Service Agreement will be sent to abuse@gmail.com until such time as they kill your account. -- Daniel...

SqlSpec

Using the DBI to connect to an Oracle server w/o connecting to a database
I've searched for the answer to this problem and have not seen it (which suggests what the answer might be ;-) ). Is it possible to use DBI (and DBD::Oracle) to connect to an Oracle server without connecting to a database? This would be the DBI equivalent of: sqlplus /nolog SQL> connect user/passwd@database; or, more similarly: sqlplus /nolog @my.sql where my.sql might be: connect user/passwd@database; select ... etc. I'm thinking this is not possible, but I hope it is. Thanks. Quoth Tim <google@hoodfamily.org>: > I've searched for the answer to this problem and...

connect a database in remote server (can connect to the server via SSH)
Hi, All: My perl code need to connect to a database (MySQL) in remote server, and I can login that server via SSH. I am a new to perl, can anyone give me a hint how can I do that. Many thanks. Xiaoyu zhangxiaoyu912@gmail.com wrote: > My perl code need to connect to a database (MySQL) in remote server, > and I can login that server via SSH. You don't need to have ssh access to the remote database server in order to be able to connect to the database (at least if the database server is configured to wait for remote connections). > I am a new to perl, can anyone give me a hint h...

Oracle Application Server Internal Server Error
Hello, We are using OAS 9.0.4.1 run on AIX 5.3 with an Oracle 10.1.0.2 DB back end running on a seperate partition of the machine. The main application is developed in house on forms6 and migrated to forms9 a couple of years ago when we moved to AIX. Since the move we get an "Internal Server Error", in the web browser, occuring randomly when users try to login to the application. Through some investigation it appears as though the OC4J_BI_Forms service becomes unresponsive for a short period of time causing the web server request to time out. Users who are logged into the system can still work but no new users can get in. Has anybody else experienced this problem? Anybody got any ideas where to start looking? We have a TAR logged with Oracle but as usual they've said that they won't help us until we go to 9.0.4.3. Which we haven't been able to do as the patching process keeps failing. Any help would be appreciated. gnscon@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > We are using OAS 9.0.4.1 run on AIX 5.3 with an Oracle 10.1.0.2 DB > back end running on a seperate partition of the machine. The main > application is developed in house on forms6 and migrated to forms9 a > couple of years ago when we moved to AIX. Since the move we get an > "Internal Server Error", in the web browser, occuring randomly when > users try to login to the application. > > Through some investigation it appears as though the OC4J_BI_Forms > ser...

Import Export between Oracle server and cache server
Hi .. Is there any tool / way to shift databases between Oracle database server and InterSystem's Cache database server. I need to export a database from oracle server to cache server with all tables with data, indexes etc. Any help / suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thanx ------ Pradeep Kumar Software Enginner ---------------------------------------------------------- What's right isn't always popular, and what's popular isn't always right. ---------------------------------------------------------- ...

How to migrate a 24X7 DB2 server to Oracle server ?
Hi ~!! Do anyone know what software or method to migrate a 24X7 DB2 to Oracle server ? or I must close the DB2 server before I do the migration ? Thanks a lot !! cclemon cclemon wrote: > Hi ~!! > > Do anyone know what software or method to migrate a 24X7 DB2 to Oracle server ? > or I must close the DB2 server before I do the migration ? > > Thanks a lot !! > > cclemon Are you asking how you can have the DB2 server up and running and seemlessly migrate active transactions to Oracle? If so ... it isn't going to happen. Your best course of action is to pick a point-in-time where all new transactions are sent to the Oracle server and then when the last DB2 transaction terminates ... quickly migrate any recently changed transactions. -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) Pah! Impossible. Some of their transactions NEVER terminate... -- Cheers Nuno Souto wizofoz2k@yahoo.com.au.nospam "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan@x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1077908166.220643@yasure... > Your best course of action is to pick a point-in-time where all new > transactions are sent to the Oracle server and then when the last > DB2 transaction terminates ... quickly migrate any recently changed > transactions. Daniel Morgan <damorg...

Web Server connecting to Informix Server #2
I am running an OLTP system with Informix 7.3 IDS on HPUX. We are considering writing some web interfaces to connect to the database. At first we mirrored the database tables to a web server so that no one was ever touching live data. This was relatively easy, just do a nightly export/import to the web server. However, we now wish to create some "updating" web pages that will connect back to the server. On the web server I am using PHP/MySQL/Apache for web development with the Slackware Linux v 9.0 (Linux 2.4.7) distrobution. I have tried multiple times to install the Linux Client-SDK hoping that somehow I could make a ODBC connection back to the Informix server. I have not yet been successful. I found a company that makes an Informix ODBC driver. I was unsucessful at getting it licensed for a 30-day trial. I tried compiling informix libraries into PHP, but ESQL doesn't seem to be compatible with gcc. What is the best way to connect the Linux web server to the HPUX Informix server? Can anyone point me to documentation on how to do this? I would RTM if I could find one. Any tips, links, articles, etc would be appreciated. John Wilson Administrative Systems Specialist Troy School District Information Systems sending to informix-list sending to informix-list ...

RE: Web Server connecting to Informix Server #2
John Assuming you have IDS running on your web server you don't need anything else to communicate between the two engines apart from setting up the sqlhosts, /etc/services and .rhosts (/etc/hosts.equiv) files. You can then update any tables from either engine. (Both databases need to have the same logging state). To make names easier you might want to use synonyms or views. Keith -> -----Original Message----- -> From: Wilson, John [mailto:JWilson3@troy.k12.mi.us] -> Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 5:31 PM -> To: informix-list@iiug.org -> Subject: Web Server connecting to Informix Server -> -> -> -> I am running an OLTP system with Informix 7.3 IDS on HPUX. -> We are considering writing some web interfaces to connect to -> the database. At first we mirrored the database tables to a -> web server so that no one was ever touching live data. This -> was relatively easy, just do a nightly export/import to the -> web server. -> -> However, we now wish to create some "updating" web pages -> that will connect back to the server. On the web server I -> am using PHP/MySQL/Apache for web development with the -> Slackware Linux v 9.0 (Linux 2.4.7) distrobution. -> -> I have tried multiple times to install the Linux Client-SDK -> hoping that somehow I could make a ODBC connection back to -> the Informix server. I have not yet been successful. I ...

looking for notes on oracle 9ias server and report server
hi, I am a DBA. currently learning oracle 9ias . I have the documentation from oracle. But it is really lengthy. I am looking for notes from where I can get a brief over view of oracle 9ias and as a adminstrator what type of role I have to perform. any pointers towards this will be helpful. thanking in advance, regards Chennakeshava Ramesh (same as ramesh_jun24) Are you going to install, configure, develop, and support stuff in 9ias or just administer it after someone else does all the above? What kinds of apps will be running in your 9ias environment and where are they from? Are they java, forms, reports, plsql? Unfortunately the 9ias environment is not one that is easily approached at a minimalist level. The configuration is not as bad as it used to be but still can be quite involved. ...

Intermittent connection problems from web servers to DB server
we have several web servers, some win2K, some 2003 server, all running Oracle client 9.2.0.7, running against an Oracle 9.2.0.8 DB on Solaris. on a totally unpredictable basis, some of our web servers will refuse to talk to the DB server. The first call to the DB, which is a call to a stored proc, will fail with error Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E14) [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-20004 and after a reset of the IIS everything works fine. At the same time other web servers are not impacted. All web servers have the same version of MDAC. On the DB server, I see no error in the alert file, or sqlnet log file on the web servers, I see no errors in sqlnet.log any ideas ? On Nov 3, 11:37 am, "Yoram Ayalon" <yoram.aya...@structuredweb.com> wrote: > we have several web servers, some win2K, some 2003 server, all running > Oracle client 9.2.0.7, running against an Oracle 9.2.0.8 DB on Solaris. > > on a totally unpredictable basis, some of our web servers will refuse > to talk to the DB server. The first call to the DB, which is a call to > a stored proc, will fail with error > > Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E14) > [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-20004 > > and after a reset of the IIS everything works fine. At the same time > other web servers are not impacted. All web servers have the same > version of MDAC. > > On the DB server, I see no er...

Oracle 10g 10.0.2 client, to connect oracle 8 server
Dear Group members, I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and 8i it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error <b> "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer supported." </b> Can i install, 2 or more version of oracle clients in same system, becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will infect my software .. process.. if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before installation .. What is the best oracle client software can suitable for most of the server's > I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and > 8i > > it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. > when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error > > <b> "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer > supported." </b> > > > Can i install, 2 or more version of oracle clients in same system, > becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some > SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will > infect my software .. process.. Yes you can, I currently have 3 versions Oracle 8.0.4, Oracle 9.2 and Oracle 10.2 on my work PC. No problem. > > if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before > installation .. If yo...

Oracle 10g 10.0.2 client, to connect oracle 8 server
Dear Group members, I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and 8i it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error <b> "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer supported." </b> Can i install, 2 or more version of oracle clients in same system, becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will infect my software .. process.. if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before installation .. What is the best oracle client software can suitable for most of the server's On Jul 27, 11:58=A0pm, ranganadh <ranganadhkod...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear Group members, > > =A0I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and > 8i > > it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. > when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error > > <b> =A0"ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer > supported." </b> > > Can i install, 2 or more =A0version of oracle clients in same system, > becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some > SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will > infect my software .. process.. > > if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, ...

Oracle databases on a server

Web resources about - How to connect from web server to Oracle server? - comp.databases.oracle.server

Connect Four - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Connect Four (also known as Captain's Mistress , Four Up , Plot Four , Find Four , Fourplay , Four in a Row and Four in a Line ) is a two-player ...

Connect
mobile photography technology, culture and community www.dpreview.com News Reviews Features Phones Tablets Cameras Apps Forums Mobile photography ...

Kinvey Connects Mobile Apps To Facebook’s Open Graph
Facebook’s open graph technology is great for Web applications that want to better connect with users through the social network. But what about ...

Hillary Clinton's appearance on 'Broad City' is her latest attempt to connect with millennials
Surprise! Beyoncé Just Dropped a New Single — Complete With a Music Video The Totally Endearing Reason David Beckham Won't Stop Getting Tattoos ...

iTunes Connect down for many users; nothing yet showing on Apple’s status page
According to a variety of users on Twitter, iTunes Connect is down at the moment. Users report that they are unable to access any aspect of the ...

ClipCall Connects Users With Service Professionals Through Video
ClipCall has announced the official public launch of its app on iOS and Android. The video home repair app allows users to record videos of their ...

Connect shapes with one path in Linken, an elegant puzzler
For a new puzzle experience with challenging levels, attractive visuals, and a smooth soundtrack, Linken is your game. Just connect the colored ...

The State of Apple Music Connect
Dave Wiskus: If Connect is a social network, it fails miserably. There’s nothing inherently social about the experience, which feels more like ...

Inside the game-changing data center that connects Seattle to Asia
Puget Sound area companies Wave Broadband and Centeris could strengthen the region’s ties to the some of the world’s largest economies through ...

Hillary Clinton’s appearance on 'Broad City' is her latest attempt to connect with millennials
Hillary Clinton made a guest appearance on this week's episode of Comedy Central's “Broad City”, a show centered around two best friends, Ilana ...