how to find total open database links in a database?

and open_links and open_links_per_instance seems doesn't work
for my instance. The value is 4, but I can have open links more
than 4, for each session or a instance.

0
niy38 (94)

niy38@hotmail.com wrote:
> and open_links and open_links_per_instance seems doesn't work
> for my instance. The value is 4, but I can have open links more
> than 4, for each session or a instance.

No version number.
No SQL so we can see what you are looking at.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org

0
niy38 (94)
10/19/2005 12:06:27 AM
niy38@hotmail.com wrote:
> sorry, it's 8i.

Not a very informative reply, as '8i' covers releases from 8.1.5.0
through 8.1.7.4 (last I checked) and the functionality varies widely
from the first release to the last.

Post actual version numbers, and the SQL you're running, to get any
sort of usable response.

David Fitxjarrell

0
fitzjarrell (2006)
10/19/2005 4:24:20 AM
niy38@hotmail.com wrote:
> and open_links and open_links_per_instance seems doesn't work
> for my instance. The value is 4, but I can have open links more
> than 4, for each session or a instance.

This may be useful, courtesy of Mark Bobak.

-- Jared

Select /*+ ORDERED */
substr(s.ksusemnm,1,10)||'-'|| substr(s.ksusepid,1,10)      "ORIGIN",
substr(g.K2GTITID_ORA,1,35) "GTXID",
substr(s.indx,1,4)||'.'|| substr(s.ksuseser,1,5) "LSESSION" ,
s2.username,
substr(
        decode(bitand(ksuseidl,11),
                1,'ACTIVE',
                0, decode( bitand(ksuseflg,4096) ,
0,'INACTIVE','CACHED'),
                2,'SNIPED',
                3,'SNIPED',
                'KILLED'
        ),1,1
) "S",
substr(event,1,10) "WAITING"
from  x$k2gte g, x$ktcxb t, x$ksuse s, v$session_wait w, v$session s2
where  g.K2GTDXCB =t.ktcxbxba
and   g.K2GTDSES=t.ktcxbses
and  s.addr=g.K2GTDSES
and  w.sid=s.indx
and s2.sid = w.sid

0
jkstill (52)
10/19/2005 6:36:34 AM
if u don't know the answer, just shut your mouth up, ok? otherwise
you tell me what's the difference between 8.1.5.0 and 8.1.7.4 in
finding the open database links.

0
niy38 (94)
10/19/2005 3:06:18 PM
Another solution, or a summary of solutions:

http://www.ixora.com.au/q+a/0101/06113840.htm

By the way, documentation clearly says open_links is for each session.

Yong Huang

0
yong321 (411)

Open a database from a database
I want to be able to open and run an Access database from within an already running one. The OpenDatabase command simply opens it but does not run the startup routine. Interestingly opening from Windows Explorer has a different meaning in that it opens and runs! What command enables me to open another database and get it to run its AutoExec macro, from code? Jim I don't know the answer, but I do know that when you use OpenDatabase the code in a startup form of that database does work. Martin "Jim Devenish" schreef in bericht news:0b4510ac-d415-4c2c-b200-7546aae178a4@gu8...

open database from another database
I'm struggling with this, and I'm sure there's a way to do it. I would like to automate the back-up of an Access application to a writeable CD drive. I've got the process of creating a folder on the CD with the back-up date done, and I can copy the database objects (there are four MDB files in total) to the CD. All of that works. Here's my problem: because Access databases cannot be copied when they are open, I need to have my CD writing code in a new MDB, and will need to launch the new CD writing MDB from within one of the existing databases. I've done this kind of thing before, but I don't have the slightest recollection on how I did it (used to be you had to do that kind of thing in order to compact/repair through automation). So, I give up. How do you launch Access from within Access??? Well this will do it: Dim i As Variant i = Shell("msaccess d:\persprop\CSCPP.mdb") Just put in your own db path. But this does come up with the warning that requires you to click to get into to the db (in 2003). If you know how to get by that I'd like to know. You could put the function in a macro and then close the db stat started the new one. Good luck Ira Solomon On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:17:10 -0500, Mike Easter <username@domain.com> wrote: >I'm struggling with this, and I'm sure there's a way to do it. I would like >to automate the back-up of an Access application to a wri...

Database Links for replication between databases
Hello, Until now we do not want to use Database Links for security reasons. But an application needs to access informations that are on two separate DB. As we can not use an asynchrone mecanism (night job of export/import for example) the application provider would like to use Database Links. When a change occurs on the remote DB, a trigger then retrieve new informations into a dedicated table on the local DB. Question : is it an other way to do that ? Regards. ...

Add database to existing oracle database
Hi experts, I am new in oracle.I migrated one database from ms-access to oracle 9i using oracle migration utility on my local machine.But now i need to add this oracle database from my local machine to existing main database oracle 8i on main server.Pls. tell how i can add this database from my machine to main server. I think i can use export/import utility.But i never used this utility before, pls. tell what should i need to do.And if export/import is good way to migrate database pls. explain me in steps. I'll really appreciate your kind help. Pls. reply me soon, it's urgent!!! Thanks..so much Sonika "sonika" <sonika_sehrawat@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:709618ea.0409281225.1a09da58@posting.google.com... > Hi experts, > > I am new in oracle.I migrated one database from ms-access to oracle 9i > using oracle migration utility on my local machine.But now i need to > add this oracle database from my local machine to existing main > database oracle 8i on main server.Pls. tell how i can add this > database from my machine to main server. > I think i can use export/import utility.But i never used this utility > before, pls. tell what should i need to do.And if export/import is > good way to migrate database pls. explain me in steps. > > I'll really appreciate your kind help. > Pls. reply me soon, it's urgent!!! > > Thanks..so much > Sonika You are missing a lot of letters in your typing. You m...

Opening Another Database from WITHIN a Database
I have a database (2000.mdb) which links to my data tables (Data2000.mdb). The database has a Main Menu screen (not a switchboard - a custom one). I need to import records from 5 text files into the 5 different Tables in Data2000.mdb. Here was my plan: Create various Import specs in Data2000.mdb Create a Macro (in Data2000.mdb) which calls each of the specs sequentially. Place a button on the Main Menu (2000.mdb), which closes the current database (optional), opens Data2000.mdb, runs the Macro (Import Reg), then returns the user to the original Menu in the original database (200...

Database Link to check Standby Database
I want to to create a Database Link from the production database to its Standby database. Purpose: Checking " V$LOG_HISTORY " on the Production and Standby server to idenity if all available production redo log files have been applied on the Standby datase. Questions: 1. Is it sensible to create and drop the Database Link connection everytime I run the script? 2. What will be consequences for the Standby server by creating a DB link by the Production server? In other words: During applying the redo log files from the production to the standby database will the Standby database also try to create database link (to itself)? 3. Is there a handier solution to check automatically if the both (Prod. & Standby) are in sequence? Thanks Ton wrote: > I want to to create a Database Link from the production database to > its Standby database. > > Purpose: Checking " V$LOG_HISTORY " on the Production and Standby > server to idenity if all available production redo log files have been > applied on the Standby datase. > > Questions: > > 1. Is it sensible to create and drop the Database Link connection > everytime I run the script? > > 2. What will be consequences for the Standby server by creating a DB > link by the Production server? > In other words: During applying the redo log files from the production > to the standby database will the Standby database also try to create > database link (to itself)? &...

Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle
Hi, I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle. - Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file? - In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert , insert ...), so you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql <file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there is a infdump direcorty) - Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a database from infomix to oracle? Best Regards Sven Anders, Digitec GmbH Sven Anders wrote: > Hi, > I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, > but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle. > > - Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file? > > - In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole > database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert , > insert ...), so > you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql > <file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there > is a > infdump direcorty) dbexport > - Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a database from > infomix to oracle? dbexport? -- Ciao, The Obnoxious One "Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi ...

databases.oracle.server job link
http://www.jobbankdata.com http://www.jobbankdata.com/index.htm http://www.jobbankdata.com/type-of-jobs.htm http://www.jobbankdata.com/find-job.htm http://www.jobbankdata.com/result.htm http://www.jobbankdata.com/create-app.htm http://www.jobbankdata.com/create-cv.htm http://www.jobbankdata.com/interview.htm http://www.jobbankdata.com/site.htm On Mar 12, 10:29 am, "good_online_jobs" <good_online_j...@yahoo.com> wrote: > http://www.jobbankdata.comhttp://www.jobbankdata.com/index.htmhttp://www.jobbankdata.com/type-of-jobs.htmhttp://www.jobbankdata.com/find-job.htmhttp://www.jobbankdata.com/result.htmhttp://www.jobbankdata.com/create-app.htmhttp://www.jobbankdata.com/create-cv.htmhttp://www.jobbankdata.com/interview.htmhttp://www.jobbankdata.com/site.htm Would you please stop violating the newsgroup terms of use by posting this useless non-Oracle related crapola. Sites supported by such unethical postings are not work visiting. -- Mark D Powell -- ...

Hello, I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? So, what is the correct syntax ? Thanks for your help Cyril "Cyril" <jewelk@free.fr> wrote in message news:cd38c3d6.0408100617.6f7b9f3e@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. > > Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? > So, what is the correct syntax ? > > > Thanks for your help > &...

How to open Form in different database from the current database
I have to program the button that will open a specific form in the different database. This second database currently has a macro called Autoexec that opens this Form when the database opens. I tried this code, but get error ("You cancelled the previous operation") when it executes line that I marked as (!!!): ********************************************** Dim objACC As New Access.Application DoCmd.SetWarnings False '-----------Open different database------------ Set objACC = GetObject("K:\Greeley_Surveys\PRAssessment\PR Assessment v14. mdb") objACC.DoCmd.RunMacro...

Establishing connection from Oracle Database to DB2 database
Hi, Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on the same. Waiting for reply. Its critical umeshchoudhary@gmail.com (U C) wrote in news:d06590c8.0504252348.71a5c6f8@posting.google.com: > Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database > oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on > the same. > > Waiting for reply. Its critical > use PERL between the two DBs. >Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database >oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on >the same. >Waiting for reply. Its critical http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:4406709207206#18830681837358 I have used this to example to connect to DB2. chet ...

[News] Open Database License is Out, Topocad Uses Open Source FDO Database Connection

Can I use an O8 database as a transit database between a O9 and an O7 database?
Hi all, We will gradually migrate our application data from a O7 database to a new O9 database. The application data is also written to an O7 datawarehouse via a database link. In the intermediate period data has to be written to the O7 datawarehouse db from the old O7 application db and also from the new O9 database. I did a test to see if could do an insert from the O9 database over a database link into the O7 datawarehouse database, but this is not supported. Then I did the following: - create a dblink in the O9 database to a O8 database - create a dblink in the O8 database to the O7 database - create a synonym in the O8 database to the desired table in the O7 database - create a synonym in the O9 database to the synonym in the O8 database Now in the O9 database I inserted a record into the synonym, which indeed resulted in a record in the O7-table. Would it be a sensible solution to use an O8 database as a transit database in this way? Jaap. yes "Jaap W. van Dijk" <j.w.vandijk.removethis@hetnet.nl> wrote in message news:7fm4b05a4mbbb4jub1urin1j163jjsc7vg@4ax.com... > Hi all, > > We will gradually migrate our application data from a O7 database to a > new O9 database. The application data is also written to an O7 > datawarehouse via a database link. In the intermediate period data has > to be written to the O7 datawarehouse db from the old O7 application > db and also from the new O9 database. I did a test to see if could do >...

Opening one database always restores a minimised database
Hi I have an Access database that I use to keep track of hours I work on development. The database is always open and minimised. An annoying problem is that whenever I open a database I am working on through a shortcut, the time tracking database window gets restored before the one I am opening actually opens. It does stay behind the one I am working on but I have to minimise it again if I want to keep the desktop uncluttered. Is there any way of stopping the minimised one restoring? Jeff When I set the target property of the shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\O...

Re: Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle #2

Re: Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle #3
Hi Mark. >>Then creating current directry <your database.dbs> > >I think you mean it creates a directory called <your database>.exp. Yes, thanks. -- Tsutomu Ogiwara from Tokyo Japan. ICQ#:168106592 _________________________________________________________________ Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail sending to informix-list ...

Convert SAP Oracle Database to IBM DB2 Database??
Hello, I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle database to IBM DB2 database? Did you realize greater disk saving via DB2 compression? Did you run the latest version of DB2 rather than allow SAP to keep your Oracle version back-leveled? Please, DB2 Bashers need not apply, looking for the business case anyone used to convert to DB2. Thank you. Charles On 6 Feb, 01:52, "Charles Davis" <cdavis10...@comcast.net> wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle > database to IBM DB2 database? > > Did you realize greater disk saving via DB2 compression? > > Did you run the latest version of DB2 rather than allow SAP to keep your > Oracle version back-leveled? > > Please, DB2 Bashers need not apply, looking for the business case anyone > used to convert to DB2. > > Thank you. > > Charles I'm no DB2 basher, however, from you post you seem to be insinuating that disk space is the driving force for this conversion. Is this the case? HTH -g Charles Davis wrote: > I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle > database to IBM DB2 database? Check your in-box at the email address you use here. I have passed you a contact that I consider as close to non-partisan as I could think of (and more importantly, I don't know what she'll say over a beer). Cheers Serge -- Serge Rielau DB2 Solutio...

Can you import an Oracle 10G database into a 9I database
Good afternoon, I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? Thanks, Chris Boerman cboerman@comcast.net schreef: > Good afternoon, > > I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into > an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? > > Thanks, > Chris Boerman > Of course. It's called downgrading. Or, if you do not want to downgrade, only if you're: 1) skillful 2) lucky You must be lucky, or I would not be answering this. Ever read the "New Features since 9i" chapters on 10G? Why do you think these are called "new"? So, export, using the 9i tool - if you're lucky, that works. Import, using the 9i tool - if you're lucky, that works. -- Regards, Frank van Bortel Top-posting is one way to shut me up... On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:27:32 +0200, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel@gmail.com> wrote: >cboerman@comcast.net schreef: >> Good afternoon, >> >> I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into >> an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? >> >> Thanks, >> Chris Boerman >> > >Of course. It's called downgrading. > >Or, if you do not want to downgrade, only if you're: >1) skillful >2) lucky > >You must be lucky, or I would not be answering this. >Ever read the "New Features since 9i"...

Web resources about - how to find total open database links in a database? - comp.databases.oracle.server