How to move Oracle Express 10 database form one machine to another one.

It seems the backup and restore method does not work.

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 23:19:54 -0700, Amber wrote:

> It seems the backup and restore method does not work.

Have you tried bioenery methods or just beaming the database up?

--
Mladen Gogala
http://mgogala.byethost5.com
On Apr 17, 2:57=A0pm, Mladen Gogala <mgog...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 23:19:54 -0700, Amber wrote:
> > It seems the backup and restore method does not work.
>
> Have you tried bioenery methods or just beaming the database up?
>
> --
> Mladen Gogalahttp://mgogala.byethost5.com

I am sorry for my poor english and little exprence about oracle, can
you expain it clearly.
Amber schrieb:
> On Apr 17, 2:57 pm, Mladen Gogala <mgog...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 23:19:54 -0700, Amber wrote:
>>> It seems the backup and restore method does not work.
>> Have you tried bioenery methods or just beaming the database up?
>>
>> --
>> Mladen Gogalahttp://mgogala.byethost5.com
>
> I am sorry for my poor english and little exprence about oracle, can
> you expain it clearly.

In general backup and restore of Oracle databases (for all editions i am
  aware of - including Oracle XE) works pretty well, including the
scenario of restore to different host. The process itself is well
documented and can be looked up here
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B25329_01/doc/admin.102/b25107/backrest.htm#sthref416
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/backup.102/b14192/toc.htm
Even the installation of Oracle XE includes restore of rman backup made
on the different hosts as one of the final steps.
If it doesn't work in your particular scenario, then your original remark
 >>> It seems the backup and restore method does not work.
can't be considered as professional problem description - nobody here
can/will guess, what could you have done wrong. It means, to get some
valueable advice, you need to provide detailed explanation, how you made
backup, how you made recovery and what exactly seems not to work. If you
would compare your actions with actions described in the documentation,
it is very likely, you discover yourself, what you did wrong. If not -
and recovery is still not working - then it is very likely, you'll see
some errors propagated by oracle - either in the output from rman or in
alert.log of your databases or in some other trace files. In that case
investigation of those errors may be very helpful as well - they usually
have some identifiers (like ORA-12560) which can be looked up again in
the Oracle documentation
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14219/toc.htm
After reading of error description often one can understand, what is
going wrong, if it doesn't help - you still can post them here and maybe
somebody can help you.

Best regards

Maxim
0
mdemenko (448)
4/17/2008 8:28:04 AM
On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 10:28:04 +0200, Maxim Demenko wrote:

> In general backup and restore of Oracle databases (for all editions i am
>   aware of - including Oracle XE) works pretty well, including the
> scenario of restore to different host. The process itself is well
> documented and can be looked up here

Reading manuals is boring and exhausting and is only for inferior minds.
Those among us who, like Luke Skywalker, can use the Force can do it much
easier. If the Force fails, then asking someone else to solve the problem
for you is a worthy alternative. Reading manuals is cheating and unworthy
of a Jedi. It is something for those pesky computer geeks who will, if all
else fails, solve the problem, nevertheless.
To mask the fact that I am a hard core computer geek, I am considering
changing my net nickname to Darth Vader, Sauron, Gandalf, Voldemort or
some other mighty fictional magician from children's literature and
movies. Am I  original or what?

Kindest regards,
Vogon Yeltz

--
Mladen Gogala
http://mgogala.freehostia.com
Mladen Gogala schrieb:

> Reading manuals is boring and exhausting and is only for inferior minds.
> Those among us who, like Luke Skywalker, can use the Force can do it much
> easier.

Not that i disagree, it sounds exciting, the only thing that i dislike
is (i have a strong suspiction) - in that eligible jedi schools they
don't let the kids alone, but force them to read the mentioned above
boring manuals. Of course, nobody who managed to graduate won't even
remember of such torture - they get brainwashed in this regard.
But i may be wrong...

Best regards

Maxim
0
mdemenko (448)
4/17/2008 10:04:32 AM
Any help is help, finally I found if I use the full backup of OracleXE
on computer A to restore to a new installed OracleXE instance on
computer B, it works, but the RestoreDatabase asks for the directory
of flash_back_area. And if the target database has doen any backup and
restore operation, the move operation fails.
There is another limitation,  the restore script tells the log file
path is wrong when OracleXE software is installed on different
directories,

I need to move oracle database from one to another server
Hello. Please take into consideratio a scenarrio... on left and hardware the same server on right SUN server SUN server Solaris Oracle database And now. Left server is working. But I stopped whole server one month ago and did _full_ backup of all filesystems. After that server and database were operating back for one month. Now. I have second SUN identical server on the right. I did full restore on this server (of all filesystems). But of course database is not up to date. I can stop oracle on left and move some files to right server. My idea is to do: On the right (new server) remove all (old) dbf files, controll files, redologs. Copy files from the original server (on left) that are has been in "work" for recent month to the second server: dbf files control files and redo logs. Then start new server on right? Is it all I have to do? Or I will meet any problems? Regards On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 07:07:27 GMT, "marqzik" <marqzik@wp.pl> wrote: >Hello. Please take into consideratio a scenarrio... >on left and hardware the same server on right > >SUN server SUN server >Solaris >Oracle database > >And now. >Left server is working. >But I stopped whole server one month ago and did _full_ backup of all >filesystems. >After that server and database were operating back for one month. >Now. >I have second SUN identical server on the right. ...

moving oracle database 9 from another computer to another one
hello, i am not an expert in orace, that's why am here. i need to move all a database (structure+data) from another computer to another one, and i need also to place the database in the same directory in the new pc as it was in the old pc. what is the best way to do this? please try to explain point by point. thank you! "noumian" <n.noumia@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1e751a0c-d5ca-4f2c-a126-d97ad842da61@f3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > hello, i am not an expert in orace, that's why am here. > i need to move all a database (structure+data) from another computer > to another one, and i need also to place the database in the same > directory in the new pc as it was in the old pc. > what is the best way to do this? please try to explain point by point. > thank you! The basic steps are: install oracle on the new computer (must be the same OS!), patched to exactly same level, e.g. Oracle 9.2.0.7 with opatch 1234 installed copy the files (redologs, control files, database files, temp files) create instance configure sqlnet (listener.ora, tnsnames.ora etc) I would recommend that you do hire an Oracle DBA to the move. -- Terry Dykstra On Dec 19, 12:41 pm, noumian <n.nou...@gmail.com> wrote: > hello, i am not an expert in orace, that's why am here. > i need to move all a database (structure+data) from another computer > to another one, and i need also to place the database in the same > directory in the ne...

copy tables from one oracle server to another one
Hello, We're basically in a situation where we want to copy some tables from one oracle database in to another oracle database.Both of these oracle databases sits on different server and have same platform windows 2003. I'm basically new to oracle world so I don't know much about export/import utilities. Oracle environment is 9.2.0.0 on both the server. Thanks, kulkarni.ninad@gmail.com wrote in news:1191426900.151609.3860@ 19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com: > Hello, > > We're basically in a situation where we want to copy some tables from > one oracle database in to another oracle database.Both of these oracle > databases sits on different server and have same platform windows > 2003. I'm basically new to oracle world so I don't know much about > export/import utilities. Oracle environment is 9.2.0.0 on both the > server. > > Thanks, > > "copy some tables" does not sound a database cloning, so indeed export/import sounds a good plan. Oracle has good documentation on web. You could also start with this: http://www.orafaq.com/faqiexp.htm On Oct 3, 10:55 am, kulkarni.ni...@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > We're basically in a situation where we want to copy some tables from > one oracle database in to another oracle database.Both of these oracle > databases sits on different server and have same platform windows > 2003. I'm basically new to oracle world so I don't know...

RE: moving a database from one server to another.
How is the machine currently being archived? Have you considered just doing a straight restore from an archive? Same OS/same IDS disks set up the same so same chunks available. Unless you have very good reason to need to reorganise the data this appears to cry out for a quick and simple ontape -r. Keith -> -----Original Message----- -> From: spamfreeemail@despammed.com -> [mailto:spamfreeemail@despammed.com] -> Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 12:50 PM -> To: informix-list@iiug.org -> Subject: moving a database from one server to another. -> -> -> NT 4.0, IDS 7.3 -> -> Hi all I'm moving a small database (4gb) from one server to -> another as -> a favour to a mate. -> -> I'm savvy with IDS on Unix but have never used it on Windows. -> -> The database doesn't have any blobs. And the source and target -> operating systems and Informix versions are identical. The target -> machine has much more disk and memory. -> -> Looking through the manual it looks a little different to Unix. -> -> May I ask you a few questions? (Pardon my ignorance in advance). -> -> Should I use onunload/ onload or dbexport/dbimport? -> -> Do I need to run these commands through a command shell or is there a -> nice menu driven system to use? -> -> Do I need to specify tape block sizes or does the block size default? -> -> Are there any "undocu...

Installing oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 server
Hi All, Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 server? Thanks Ed Ed <arub11@yahoo.com> wrote in news:61dc863c-fde2-426b-adc7-c77de59a1703 @n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com: > Hi All, > > Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 > server? > Most definitely in seperate directory trees On Jul 26, 11:33=A0am, "Ana C. Dent" <anaced...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Ed <aru...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:61dc863c-fde2-426b-adc7-c77de59a1703 > @n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com: > > > Hi All, > > > Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 > > server? > > Most definitely in seperate directory trees With different oracle users used for installation? Any other info. you may have to keep in mind during the installation of both versions of oracle? On Jul 26, 2:28=A0pm, Ed <aru...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 > server? > > Thanks > Ed You install them into separate oracle homes. Do the 9i first and patch then 10g and patch is simplest. You should double check 9i I "think" it is supported by oracle for solaris 10. The installer might get a little weird worry about os patches and pre-reqs not sure. The 10g install is pretty clean. You can do both installs using the "same" oracle user and group definitions or you could...

how to export public synonyms from one to another oracle database
I need to export public synonyms from one to another oracle database. Since public synonyms are logical objects and owner 'PUBLIC' is also logical a can't export those owner through exp/imp utility.. example exp system/manager@pro.proliant from user = <public> file=public_synonims.dmp any idea??? Tom wrote: > I need to export public synonyms from one to another oracle database. > > Since public synonyms are logical objects and owner 'PUBLIC' is also logical > a can't export those > owner through exp/imp utility.. > example > exp system/manager@pro.proliant from user = <public> > file=public_synonims.dmp > > any idea??? > > Don't - create a script instead. -- Regards, Frank van Bortel And script looks like??? can you please write some example? "Frank van Bortel" <fvanbortel@netscape.net> wrote in message news:cvcag5$iit$2@news3.zwoll1.ov.home.nl... > Don't - create a script instead. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:50:17 +0100, Tom wrote: > > And script looks like??? > can you please write some example? Use the following steps to get an example: 1) start a browser such as Internet Explorer or Firefox 2) in the URL are, enter: http://www.google.com 3) in the text box enter: "oracle script to export public synonyms" 4) in the results page, select the first displayed link Use the skills ...

Moving Progress database from one SCO server to another.
Someone has come to me asking for help. They have an old SCO 5.0.4 server running a warehouse/distribution app using Progress. They have a newer server on which they have installed SCO 5.0.7 and copied the Progress files over. They say they can open the Progress application on the new server, but if they try to input data, it freezes. Is it possible to simply copy Progress over like that and expect it to work? If so, then maybe this is a permissions problem? TIA Al AB typed (on Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 01:03:57PM -0700): | Someone has come to me asking for help. They have an...

Oracle management server with only one database going to 9i
We will be changing from a 8.1.7 to Oracle 9i. I would like to impliment some "best practices" right from the start. Being rather green, 5 day dba course, makes you a dba at our shop. I have done some research into Oracle Management server. I was thinking of implementing this in our shop, even though it will only be monitoring one database, possible two. The reason for the management server that perked my interest, in that fact that I can use RMAN for backup, but the real reason was using it for event monitoring. We do not have the man power to continuely look at the alert log, and we are always creating scripts to monitor table sizes, etc. I was wondering if this would be a good thing, and is it commonly used for one database. I am also looking at how much overhead it needs. Size RAM ect. Is there a good READ about this? Is there any best practices for moving to 9i? handl@mts.net (Laura) wrote in message news:<e0ddcf8.0407060608.634328b7@posting.google.com>... > We will be changing from a 8.1.7 to Oracle 9i. > > I would like to impliment some "best practices" right from the start. > Being rather green, 5 day dba course, makes you a dba at our shop. I > have done some research into Oracle Management server. > > I was thinking of implementing this in our shop, even though it will > only be monitoring one database, possible two. > The reason for the management server that perked my interest, in that > fact that I ...

Another one bites the dust: Oracle buys Sleepycat Database
http://www.computerworld.com/databasetopics/data/software/story/0,10801,108680,00.html Pointed out first on the Informix usenet group where they are watching a great product, first marginalized, now suffering the death of a thousand paper-cuts. -- Daniel A. Morgan http://www.psoug.org damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) DA Morgan <damorgan@psoug.org> wrote: > http://www.computerworld.com/databasetopics/data/software/story/0,10801,108680,00.html Is Oracle trying to take over the world? Laurenz Albe Laurenz Albe wrote: > DA Morgan <damorgan@psoug.org> wrote: > >>http://www.computerworld.com/databasetopics/data/software/story/0,10801,108680,00.html > > > Is Oracle trying to take over the world? > > Laurenz Albe Trying? The world ... no. The world of databases? I think the only company left that is a serious competitor is Microsoft and SQL Server 2005 is a ticking time-bomb that may well self-destruct. -- Daniel A. Morgan http://www.psoug.org damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) In message <1139998913.743341@proxy.dienste.wien.at>, Laurenz Albe <invite@spam.to.invalid> writes >DA Morgan <damorgan@psoug.org> wrote: >> >>http://www.computerworld.com/databasetopics/data/software/story/0,10801 >>,108680,00.html > >Is Oracle trying to take over the world? > Don't know, but I suspect that there are plenty worse candidates for the job. ...

Is Oracle 10 g database software contain only one installation cd?
Hello I am trying to install Oracle database 10 G from Oracle Database 10 g suite installtion cd. This software contain only one cd. During installtion the startup database did not build. Some errors like TCIP message box appears so many time during installtion. Why this error came? Is Oracle 10 g database software contain only one installation cd? Thanks Lee "Lee" <pklalee@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1129473303.701819.202840@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > Hello > > > I am trying to install Oracle database 10 G from Oracle Database 10 g > suite installtion cd. > This software contain only one cd. > During installtion the startup database did not build. > Some errors like TCIP message box appears so many time during > installtion. > Why this error came? You did not properly follow the installation instructions > Is Oracle 10 g database software contain only one installation cd? Yes, only 1 CD. On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 07:35:03 -0700, Lee interested us by writing: > Hello > > > I am trying to install Oracle database 10 G from Oracle Database 10 g > suite installtion cd. > This software contain only one cd. > During installtion the startup database did not build. > Some errors like TCIP message box appears so many time during > installtion. > Why this error came? Is Oracle 10 g database software contain only one > installation cd? > ...

Another one bites the dust: Oracle buys Sleepycat open-source database vendor
http://www.computerworld.com/databasetopics/data/software/story/0,10801,108680,00.html No problem at all: IBM has already an open source embedded dbms: cloudscape If this is not enough: open source the other "embedded" dbms: informix J�rgen Buck wrote: > No problem at all: > IBM has already an open source embedded dbms: cloudscape > If this is not enough: open source the other "embedded" dbms: informix > Cloudscape doesn't have near the installed base of Sleepycat. If you have ever used DBM files on a system, this is the company that maintains that code base, and what Oracle purchased. DBM files don't require "an engine", they just exist and are available, basically one step away from using flat files. Very convenient for password files. +250 million installs is not chump change. So, one down, 2 to go. More troubling than Sleepycat, however, is if Oracle buys Zend. This is a crucial company in the open source spectrum, as the Zend engine is used in PHP. It would be good that they stay independent, but economics seems to be more important. PHP is in a lot of ways the 4GL of the future, all the benefits of easy coding with the basic constructs of C and Perl, and no compile or make, just code and go. Oracle would effectively get a piece of PHP forever, and that is a brilliant move. Go after all the pieces of software with the widest possible installed base and buy them now while the oppo...

How to copy records from one database to another one ?
Hi, I'm new to Filemaker Pro and I cannot figure out how to copy a record or a group of records from one database to another one. I tried to export the record(s) but, as I had to re-map the fields, I found it very time-consuming. Note : the 2 databases have exactly the same design. Actually, it is the same database which has been used on 2 different machines and now I need to consolidate the data. Thanks in advance for your help. Jesus Gonzalez (jesgon@belgacom.net) * Jesus Gonzalez <gonzalezjesus@hotmail.com>: > Hi, > > I'm new to Filemaker Pro and I cannot figu...

Using Objects from one database in another database
I've looked around here to see if this can be done, but haven't found the answer. Here is what I want to do... I have a two databases -- One for Sales and one for Operations. These are used by two groups of people with some obvious overlap (like the boss, for example). Some of the data is the same, so I'm using only one backend database file to hold the data. However, I want to have one piece (projects) from the Operations database to also be used in the sales database. The projects piece of it consists of several forms, subforms, reports, queries, code, etc. To cut down on maintenance (so without actually importing) I want to be able to use those forms, subforms, etc. in the Sales database, exactly as they are in the Operations database. Is there a way to do this so that any changes made in the Operations database are also reflected in the Sales database? I've never created Add-ins before, but before I go trying to make this happen, is this the way I need to go? Would this even work? I guess what I'm saying is I want to link code, forms, reports, etc. just like I can link tables. Any ideas? ...

copying data from one database to another database
I want to copy data from our production database to the development database. I want to move only the data. I do not need the table structure, constrains or anything else. I think I can use the db2move command to export out all the data like the following: db2move dbname export -tc schema1 When I load the data into our development database, will it recreate the tables? My problem is that I do not want to recreate the structure. I want to make sure that I am copying over only the data. Is db2move the best utility to move the data between two databases without making any stru...

Opening files from one server to another (connect to Apache/Oracle server)
Hi, We have a web setup where we're using two servers, one of which is using an ASP application running a SQL Server database, the other is using Oracle with Apache. Basically, we want users to be able to open files such as Adobe Acrobat PDF documents (which are stored on the Oracle server) via clicking links in pages on the other (SQL) server. We have security set up that each site requires a user ID and password to access site content, so we need to figure out how we can make the sites communicate that when the file link is clicked, the file is opened. We currently get a 404 (Forbidden) message. I've been told that there are stored settings in some header section (not sure if this would be Apache or Oracle doing this) to handle the user ID and password security, so my guess is we need info as to how we can make the sites handshake with this protocol. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Brian ...

To retrive a table from one database to and another database(same table)
hi i have emp table in one database , how to retrieve same table another database through query analizer give code ,,, Hi, use the three part notation: SELECT * FROM database.owner.Objectname (replace owner by schema for SQL2k5) HTH, Jens Suessmeyer. --- http://www.sqlserver2005.de --- Hi surya While the first database is "Current" as would result from: Use FirstDatabaseName select * from OtherDatabaseName..Emp -- -Dick Christoph "surya" <suryaitha@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1142588469.061525.268810@u72g2000cwu.googlegr...

Oracle database move to a new machine
I have: old machine 1: /u01/app/oracle/oradata/DB1/ *.dbf files *.ctl files Oracle Database Release 9.0.1.3.0 new machine 2: /u01/app/oracle/product/primary/oradata/DB1/ *.dbf *.ctl Oracle Database Release 9.2.0.1.0 I just set up Oracle on the new machine. What is the easiest and safest way to move the dbf and ctl files from the old machine and directory to the new one? Can this be done or am I going to have to whip up the old exp/imp tools? Thanks I am very familiar with the initSIDXXX.ora but what is the spfileSIDXXXX.ora file? Thanks v5034 wrote: > I have: > > old machine 1: > /u01/app/oracle/oradata/DB1/ > *.dbf files > *.ctl files > Oracle Database Release 9.0.1.3.0 > > new machine 2: > /u01/app/oracle/product/primary/oradata/DB1/ > *.dbf > *.ctl > Oracle Database Release 9.2.0.1.0 > > > I just set up Oracle on the new machine. What is the easiest and safest > way to move the dbf and ctl files from the old machine and directory to > the new one? Can this be done or am I going to have to whip up the old > exp/imp tools? > > Thanks > v5034 wrote: > > I am very familiar with the initSIDXXX.ora but what is the > spfileSIDXXXX.ora file? > > Thanks > The replacement in the new world. Always stored on the server. Allows changing [most] parms 'remotely'. Don't edit it! It's a 'binary' file & edits can easily made the database unusable....

Moving Oracle from one computer to another
I'm in the process of upgrading a number of computers to newer/faster/more reliable hardware. One of these has an Oracle instance on it. I need this instance to talk to an Oracle 7 instance on another machine, so I need to keep the 9.01 Oracle instance on one of the machines being upgraded. This machine however will have a different hostname, than the one it replaces. This is running under Linux. I've succeeded in getting the Oracle tree copied over, getting the proper run time links set up etc, and the Oracle instance on the new machine starts on boot: stan@phsepi2:/etc$ ps -ef | grep ora 105 3883 3656 0 Oct18 ? 00:00:00 /usr/lib/hal/hald-addon-storage oracle 4030 1 0 Oct18 ? 00:00:00 ora_pmon_debian oracle 4032 1 0 Oct18 ? 00:00:00 ora_dbw0_debian oracle 4034 1 0 Oct18 ? 00:00:00 ora_lgwr_debian oracle 4036 1 0 Oct18 ? 00:00:02 ora_ckpt_debian oracle 4038 1 0 Oct18 ? 00:00:00 ora_smon_debian oracle 4040 1 0 Oct18 ? 00:00:00 ora_reco_debian oracle 4042 1 0 Oct18 ? 00:00:00 ora_s000_debian oracle 4044 1 0 Oct18 ? 00:00:00 ora_d000_debian oracle 4046 1 0 Oct18 ? 00:00:00 ora_d001_debian oracle 4048 1 0 Oct18 ? 00:00:00 ora_d002_debian oracle 5396 1 0 Oct18 ? 00:00:00 /home/oracle/9.01/software/app/oracle/product/release/bin/tnslsnr LISTENER -inherit My problem is in connecting to it with ...

How to move Oracle database to a new machine?
Hi all Oracle DBA experts, At work we have an Oracle 8i on Unix with a small amount of user data (less than 10 tables and the largest table has about 4000 records). I need to move this database to a new machine. The database has no active transactions so I can shut it down whenever I need to. I have textbook knowledge on how to do this but the only hands-on experience I have is installing Oracle8i on a PC. So I really need your help. My plan is to make a closed database backup, install Oracle8i on the new machine, then restore the database file. I've read some documentation, but I want to be sure that I understand the proper way to do this before I begin? Here are a couple alternatives I see: Plan One. a. SQL>shutdown normal; b. back up (cp all data files, control files, redo log files, password file, parameter file). c. install oracle8i on the new machine d. restore (cp all backup files to the new machine) when the oracle is shut down e. SQL>startup pfile=init.ora; Plan Two: a. SQL>shutdown normal; b. back up (cp all data files, control files, redo log files, password file, parameter file). c. install oracle8i on the new machine d. restore (cp all backup files to the new machine) when the oracle is shut down e. SQL>startup mount pfile=init.ora; f. SQL>recover database; g. SQL>alter database open; Plan Three: Is it easier to do this using Export/Import utility? The database currently is set in Archivelog mode. But there will be no loss of da...

How to link a form from one database to another
We have multiple databases created with forms in them. I want to create a master form that can link to any of the other database forms. If you have all of the tables and forms, ect., in one database, you can macro or wizard to them. How can I put a command button in for each form, with the master form linking to other databases forms? jr55876@hotmail.com (James Robinson) wrote in message news:<19a80b86.0310221253.6f32847b@posting.google.com>... > We have multiple databases created with forms in them. I want to > create a master form that can link to any of the other database f...

copying a database from one machine to another
Hello, We migrating from a 300G machine to one with 2.2T in RAID5. Oracle10g has been installed on the new machine. What is the best way to copy/clone the databases in old machine to the new one ? Thx missoula wrote: > Hello, > > We migrating from a 300G machine to one with 2.2T in RAID5. > > Oracle10g has been installed on the new machine. > > What is the best way to copy/clone the databases in old machine to the > new one ? > > Thx Transportable tablespaces is one way. But RAID5? Sure hope you aren't the one who is going to lose evenings and weekends doing the tuning if things are slow. -- Daniel A. Morgan http://www.psoug.org damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) On 14 Dec 2005 11:27:15 -0800, "missoula" <rva_ec@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello, > >We migrating from a 300G machine to one with 2.2T in RAID5. > >Oracle10g has been installed on the new machine. > >What is the best way to copy/clone the databases in old machine to the >new one ? > >Thx rman duplicate database RAID5 for 2.2T database looks BAD to me. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA What is the best raid level option on a 2.2 T drive for optimal performace ? Thx, -Vijay Missoula wrote: >Oracle10g has been installed on the new machine. >What is the best way to copy/clone the databases in old machine to the >new one ? Has 10g been installed on the old machine? What sort of time window ...

Web resources about - How to move Oracle Express 10 database form one machine to another one. - comp.databases.oracle.server