Import Export between Oracle server and cache server

Hi ..

Is there any tool / way to shift databases between Oracle database server
and InterSystem's Cache database server.

I need to export a database from oracle server to cache server with all
tables with data, indexes etc.

Any help / suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanx
------
Pradeep Kumar
Software Enginner

What's right isn't always popular, and what's popular isn't always right.

Server to server = Server client to server?
For a server to server connection, is the connecting server considered as a client of the accepting server or is it not? I have the following classes: Connection <--- base class of the following two ClientConnection <--- client ServerConnection <--- server ServerClientConnection <--- server as a client of another server. But then I came across something that states "A client is anything connected to a server that is not another client". Comments please... Just remember! Server ( programm ) is always listening a connections!!! - wrote: &g...

WINODS NT SERVER Oracle
I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, i.e., one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the workarounds. Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. Do same problem exist with pcAnywhere, VNC desktop, Citrix client. Thanks, Prem On 19 Feb 2004 18:38:10 -0800, premmehrotra@hotmail.com (Prem K Mehrotra) wrote: >I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing >the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service >Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, >i.e., >one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the >workarounds. Because Microsoft is Microsoft and Microsoft doesn't support the BEQ protocol used by Oracle for this purpose. The only lousy workaround is to use set local=<tns service name> prior to connecting to sql*plus in a cmd window. Also you can't use the lsnrctl program to start and stop the listener for the same reason. You need to bounce the service. > >Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console >wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. OEM? It works! Need to save the init.ora on the Oracle Enterprise Management Server, using OEM, but that is about there is. Or dump Microsux T...

How to connect from web server to Oracle server?
I am converting an applet from Sybase to Oracle and I haven't yet found information on how to accomplish the connect from the end-user's browser-running applet and the Oracle server. Our understanding is that the applet, running on end-users' PC's, can only connect to the web server which "served" the applet to the users' browsers. In our configuration, the Oracle server is a separate machine from the web server. Therefore it would appear that we will need to install some sort of middleware on the web server that will pass the Oracle traffic back and forth between the Oracle server and user's browser sessions. With the Sybase implementation we have been using the Sybase jConnect product, running on our web server, for this purpose. Will we also require such a middleware product with Oracle, and does Oracle offer such a product? Jim wrote: > I am converting an applet from Sybase to Oracle and I haven't yet > found information on how to accomplish the connect from the end-user's > browser-running applet and the Oracle server. > > Our understanding is that the applet, running on end-users' PC's, can > only connect to the web server which "served" the applet to the > users' browsers. > > In our configuration, the Oracle server is a separate machine from the > web server. Therefore it would appear that we will need to install > some sort of middleware on the web server that ...

Know about MSSQL servers oracle server??
MSSQL servers are among the most commonly used servers. But we also know that MSSQL server security is a critical concern for most of the database administrators. This task will become handy with the help of Secure Auditor which is a unified digital risk management solution capable of auditing, enforce compliance, and conduct forensics and penetration tests on the networks. Try its full version from the link http://www.download.com/Secure-Auditor/3000-2653-10826743.html?part=dl-SecureAud&subj=uo&tag=button and do tell me your opinion. alene wrote: > MSSQL servers are among the most commonly used servers. But we also > know that MSSQL server security is a critical concern for most of the > database administrators. This task will become handy with the help of > Secure Auditor which is a unified digital risk management solution > capable of auditing, enforce compliance, and conduct forensics and > penetration tests on the networks. Try its full version from the link > http://www.download.com/Secure-Auditor/3000-2653-10826743.html?part=dl-SecureAud&subj=uo&tag=button > and do tell me your opinion. Ok. My opinion is that you are a spammer. A rude person that insults us while asking us to be a customer. That is a losing proposition as we will never do business with a spammer. And every post you write in violation of your GMAIL Terms of Service Agreement will be sent to abuse@gmail.com until such time as they kill your account. -- Daniel...

SqlSpec

How to migrate a 24X7 DB2 server to Oracle server ?
Hi ~!! Do anyone know what software or method to migrate a 24X7 DB2 to Oracle server ? or I must close the DB2 server before I do the migration ? Thanks a lot !! cclemon cclemon wrote: > Hi ~!! > > Do anyone know what software or method to migrate a 24X7 DB2 to Oracle server ? > or I must close the DB2 server before I do the migration ? > > Thanks a lot !! > > cclemon Are you asking how you can have the DB2 server up and running and seemlessly migrate active transactions to Oracle? If so ... it isn't going to happen. Your best course of action is to pick a point-in-time where all new transactions are sent to the Oracle server and then when the last DB2 transaction terminates ... quickly migrate any recently changed transactions. -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) Pah! Impossible. Some of their transactions NEVER terminate... -- Cheers Nuno Souto wizofoz2k@yahoo.com.au.nospam "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan@x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1077908166.220643@yasure... > Your best course of action is to pick a point-in-time where all new > transactions are sent to the Oracle server and then when the last > DB2 transaction terminates ... quickly migrate any recently changed > transactions. Daniel Morgan <damorg...

Oracle Application Server Internal Server Error
Hello, We are using OAS 9.0.4.1 run on AIX 5.3 with an Oracle 10.1.0.2 DB back end running on a seperate partition of the machine. The main application is developed in house on forms6 and migrated to forms9 a couple of years ago when we moved to AIX. Since the move we get an "Internal Server Error", in the web browser, occuring randomly when users try to login to the application. Through some investigation it appears as though the OC4J_BI_Forms service becomes unresponsive for a short period of time causing the web server request to time out. Users who are logged into the system can still work but no new users can get in. Has anybody else experienced this problem? Anybody got any ideas where to start looking? We have a TAR logged with Oracle but as usual they've said that they won't help us until we go to 9.0.4.3. Which we haven't been able to do as the patching process keeps failing. Any help would be appreciated. gnscon@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > We are using OAS 9.0.4.1 run on AIX 5.3 with an Oracle 10.1.0.2 DB > back end running on a seperate partition of the machine. The main > application is developed in house on forms6 and migrated to forms9 a > couple of years ago when we moved to AIX. Since the move we get an > "Internal Server Error", in the web browser, occuring randomly when > users try to login to the application. > > Through some investigation it appears as though the OC4J_BI_Forms > ser...

Oracle DB Server and Web Server with thai support
Hi, all I have DB Server ( Sun Server act as Oracle 8i DB Server ). and I have Web Server ( Dell Server RHEL4 ES act as Web Server run apache2 + php + Zendcore for oracle ) I want to use My Application run from Web Server to Connect Oracle Server . and want to use thai support of oracle. What next i should to do more ? ::: config. httpd.conf of apache2 of Web Server ? ::: config. code of my PHP-application ? ::: config. Oracle DB Server ? ::: config. RHEL4 Server ? and i want someone tell me the detail and step to me. Please me. Thank you very much Pratchaya On 19 Feb 2006 10:25:35 -0800, "Pratchaya" <pratchaya@banana.co.th> wrote: >and i want someone tell me the detail and step to me. > >Please me. Please read the Oracle Globalization Manual, and don't ask people in this forum to abstract the manual. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA ...

looking for notes on oracle 9ias server and report server
hi, I am a DBA. currently learning oracle 9ias . I have the documentation from oracle. But it is really lengthy. I am looking for notes from where I can get a brief over view of oracle 9ias and as a adminstrator what type of role I have to perform. any pointers towards this will be helpful. thanking in advance, regards Chennakeshava Ramesh (same as ramesh_jun24) Are you going to install, configure, develop, and support stuff in 9ias or just administer it after someone else does all the above? What kinds of apps will be running in your 9ias environment and where are they from? Are they java, forms, reports, plsql? Unfortunately the 9ias environment is not one that is easily approached at a minimalist level. The configuration is not as bad as it used to be but still can be quite involved. ...

Oracle databases on a server

Importing sql server 7/2000 database to Oracle
Hi, Is it possible to import a MS sql server 7 or 2000 database into Oracle? Also, if this is possible, would it be better to just import tables and no stored procedures? thanks, Ellie E Sullivan wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to import a MS sql server 7 or 2000 database into Oracle? > Also, if this is possible, would it be better to just import tables and no > stored procedures? > > thanks, > > Ellie What do you mean by "import"? If you mean dump the data as a delimited text file and use SQL*Loader. Yes. But do keep in mind you will need to translate some data types and autonumbering columns do not exist. -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) Thanks, Daniel. Yes, that is what I want. Now about the autonumbering columns: as long as we aren't going to add to the database and expect autonumbering, I can still have that column, right? That's what it sounds like. thanks again. "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan@x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1077639180.433784@yasure... > E Sullivan wrote: > > > Hi, > > > > Is it possible to import a MS sql server 7 or 2000 database into Oracle? > > Also, if this is possible, would it be better to ju...

Importing sql server 7/2000 database into Oracle
Hi, Is it possible to import a MS sql server 7 or 2000 database into Oracle? Also, if this is possible, would it be better to just import tables and no stored procedures? thanks, Ellie Tables and indexes only surely - have you compared the stored procedures in SqlServer and Oracle! Every one I have ever seen have been quite different. Regards Kevin "E Sullivan" <ellie999nospam@nospamptd.net> wrote in message news:2LGdnUSaYJzJ66bdUSdV9g@ptd.net... > Hi, > > Is it possible to import a MS sql server 7 or 2000 database into Oracle? > Also, if this is possible, would it be better to just import tables and no > stored procedures? > > thanks, > > Ellie > > The stored procedures probably won't be needed so that's ok. I think the difference may be because mssql server uses "transact sql" which is their version of sql statements. Did we really expect MS to play nicely! Can the database be attached/imported or would I have to create a delimited text file? Thanks again. "Kevin A Lewis" <Kevin_A_Lewis@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:UjL_b.22$mj7.1@newreader.ukcore.bt.net... > Tables and indexes only surely - have you compared the stored procedures in > SqlServer and Oracle! Every one I have ever seen have been quite different. > > Regards Kevin > > "E Sullivan" <ellie999nospam@nospamptd.net> wrote in message > news:2LGdnUSaYJzJ66bdUSdV9g@ptd.net... >...

Oracle Express Server 6.3.0
Oracle Express Database has a default database size of 2GB. Whenever the database exceeds this size it creates extension files in a default folder created during installation. For example if the database name is Darwin the extension files will be Test.001, Test.002 and so on.These extension files greatly decrease the performance of the database.In order to increase the performance and to decrease the size of the database, export and import can be done.Oracle Express provides an option to Export database to an EIF(Express Interchange Format) File and then import from the same. The syntax of the export operation when we do from the command line looks like this export 'd:/test.db' to eif file 'd:/eifs/test.eif'. While doing this the extension files get exported automatically. Now as far as our database is concerned it is around 20 extend files.The same can be retrieved through import command which looks like this import 'd:/new/test.db' from eif file 'd:/eifs/test.eif' Now a new database namely Test.db will be created in the folder 'd:/new'. But the Question here is Will the extension file components be imported automatically ? or do we have to issue a separate import command for the extend files also. ...

Equivalent of Oracle's export/import in sql server
I am an Oracle DBA learning SQL Server 2000. I used DTS as well as bcp to export/improt data. However, they work one table at a time. I want to export all the tables/views/stored procedure etc inside a database (i.e., Northwind) and then drop Northwind, and then import the entire database Northwind. I looked at DTS Wizard. Is there any way to export all the tables/views/packages etc using one "command", is answer no?. I find DTS is table based, so it only exports schema of a table and its data. How about views? I want to export all the tables at the same time and then selectively import. Oracle lets you do that, but cannot find this in sqlserver (I do not want to copy the entire database from one sql server to another, only copy information in a file and then selectively restore from it). I looked at backup/restore. Backup kets you backup entire database, but there is no way to restore just a table from this backup. Really appreciate if you can point me in the right direction how to do this in sql server 2000. I posted this question in sql server forums, did not get a satisfactory answer, so trying in this Oracle forum. On Aug 24, 10:32 pm, zigzag...@yahoo.com wrote: > I am an Oracle DBA learning SQL Server 2000. I used DTS as well as bcp > to > export/improt data. However, they work one table at a time. I want > to > export all > the tables/views/stored procedure etc inside a database (i.e., > Northwind) > and then drop Northwin...

Oracle Express Server 6.3.0
Oracle Express Database has a default database size of 2GB. Whenever the database exceeds this size it creates extension files in a default folder created during installation. For example if the database name is Darwin the extension files will be Test.001, Test.002 and so on.These extension files greatly decrease the performance of the database.In order to increase the performance and to decrease the size of the database, export and import can be done.Oracle Express provides an option to Export database to an EIF(Express Interchange Format) File and then import from the same. The ...

from sql server to oracle to ANOTHER oracle
I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax. I try to write something like SELECT * FROM LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2 but it does not work questions 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ? 2) if so, how ? thank you! On Nov 10, 10:57=A0am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. > > I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle > server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another > oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax. > > I try to write something like > > =A0SELECT * FROM > =A0 LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2 > > but it does not work > > questions > 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ? > 2) if so, how ? > > thank you! use a synonym that points to the second linked table? On Nov 10, 9:27=A0pm, onedbguru <onedbg...@yahoo.com> wrote: > On Nov 10, 10:57=A0am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > > > > I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. > > > I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle > > server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another > > oracle db. I&#...

Opening files from one server to another (connect to Apache/Oracle server)
Hi, We have a web setup where we're using two servers, one of which is using an ASP application running a SQL Server database, the other is using Oracle with Apache. Basically, we want users to be able to open files such as Adobe Acrobat PDF documents (which are stored on the Oracle server) via clicking links in pages on the other (SQL) server. We have security set up that each site requires a user ID and password to access site content, so we need to figure out how we can make the sites communicate that when the file link is clicked, the file is opened. We currently get a 404 (Forbidden) message. I've been told that there are stored settings in some header section (not sure if this would be Apache or Oracle doing this) to handle the user ID and password security, so my guess is we need info as to how we can make the sites handshake with this protocol. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Brian ...

oracle application server, ibm websphere, sun application server �T�̥i���i�H�@�Ӥ���O?

Web resources about - Import Export between Oracle server and cache server - comp.databases.oracle.server

Scott Baio Officially Backed Donald Trump And The Twittersphere Lost Its Mind
Former Happy Days star Scott Baio officially announced his support for Republican candidate Donald Trump on Saturday during an interview on Justice ...

Trump: ‘No Tougher Gun Laws Than Paris, France’
(Screen Capture) (CNSNews.com) - At a rally in Fountain Hills, Ariz., today, businessman Donald Trump said that Second Amendment must be protected ...

‘Hurricane Force Winds’ Likely Cause Of Fatal ‘FlyDubai’ Plane Crash In Southern Russia
Hurricane force winds may have caused Saturday’s tragic FlyDubai plane crash according to Russian authorities. The Boeing 737-800 was en route ...

Will Gawker survive the Hulk Hogan verdict?
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida (CNNMoney) — When a Florida jury awarded $115 million to Hulk Hogan, Gawker Media’s head honcho signaled that he had ...

Kasich says no to being a running mate on Republican ticket
WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican presidential candidate John Kasich is taking himself out of the running for running mate.

Cuba casts aside rancor to welcome Obama on historic visit
By Nelson Acosta HAVANA (Reuters) - President Barack Obama arrives in Cuba on Sunday for a 48-hour visit, making history by venturing into what ...

The pope is way more popular than you on Instagram
VATICAN CITY — Pope Francis is expanding his presence on social media with an Instagram account. The pontiff, who has more than 26 million followers ...

Medical examiner: Katy teen died from multiple gunshot wounds - abc13.com
Authorities say they have identified the body found in west Houston earlier this week as missing Katy teenager Adriana Coronado.

Indiana And Kentucky Lived Up To Every Bit Of The Hype
Indiana beat Kentucky 73-67 in the second round of the 2016 NCAA Tournament Saturday, but there might as well have been a trip to the Final Four ...

School bus carrying Griffith, Ind., basketball team overturns
A school bus carrying members of the Griffith, Ind., boys basketball team overturned on I-65 near Demotte, Ind., in Jasper County Saturday afternoon. ...