f



installing Oracle 10g on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise problem. Help !

when i tried to install Oracle 10g (Standard) onto Win Server 2003 at the 
end of instlalation i got following errors:

"DIM-00019: create service error.
O/S-Error: (OS 1388) A new member could not be added to a local group 
because the member has the wrong account type."

i click on ok and then i got:

"ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error"

i click on ignore and i got again:

"ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error"

i click on ignore and at the end i got:

"Enterprise manager configuration failed due to the following error-
'job_queue_processes' must be greater than or equal to 1. Fix the error(s) 
and run EM Configuration Assistant againt in standalone mode.
You can retry configuring this database with Enterprise manager later by 
manually running d:\oracle\product\10.1.0\Db_1\bin\emca script."



I was logged as Administrator into Win Server 2003.

What is the problem and how to solve it ?

Thanks to all !

Nino
-- 
31.1.2005 20:04:52
0
1/31/2005 7:05:10 PM
comp.databases.oracle.server 22978 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

2 Replies
812 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 57

Nino wrote:

> when i tried to install Oracle 10g (Standard) onto Win Server 2003 at the 
> end of instlalation i got following errors:
> 
> "DIM-00019: create service error.
> O/S-Error: (OS 1388) A new member could not be added to a local group 
> because the member has the wrong account type."
> 
> i click on ok and then i got:
> 
> "ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error"
> 
> i click on ignore and i got again:
> 
> "ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error"
> 
> i click on ignore and at the end i got:
> 
> "Enterprise manager configuration failed due to the following error-
> 'job_queue_processes' must be greater than or equal to 1. Fix the error(s) 
> and run EM Configuration Assistant againt in standalone mode.
> You can retry configuring this database with Enterprise manager later by 
> manually running d:\oracle\product\10.1.0\Db_1\bin\emca script."
> 
> 
> 
> I was logged as Administrator into Win Server 2003.
> 
> What is the problem and how to solve it ?
> 
> Thanks to all !
> 
> Nino

http://metalink.oracle.com
-- 
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington
damorgan@x.washington.edu
(replace 'x' with 'u' to respond)
0
DA
1/31/2005 8:23:45 PM
"Nino" <lina.miriMAKNI_OVO@ck.t-com.hr> wrote in message 
news:me5p99uxer82.1jxxh4bybogvp$.dlg@40tude.net...
> when i tried to install Oracle 10g (Standard) onto Win Server 2003 at the
> end of instlalation i got following errors:
>
> "DIM-00019: create service error.
> O/S-Error: (OS 1388) A new member could not be added to a local group
> because the member has the wrong account type."

I suspect this is the root cause. You say that you were logged onto the 
server as administrator. Is the machine by any chance a domain controller? 
If so you cannot be logged in as local administrator, and I believe that the 
installation will fail with this error.


-- 
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
http://www.niall.litchfield.dial.pipex.com 


0
1/31/2005 8:31:13 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Question on Oracle Server 10g Install (.../oracle/oracle/.....
I am in the last stages of installing Oracle Server 10gR2 Enterprise Edition on a UNIX AIX server. When window "Execute Configuration Scripts" comes up it tells me to execute "/u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/root.sh". The ".../oracle/oracle/..." stops me cold. I look back in my notes and everything I wrote suggests I had entered ".../oracle/product/....." for my ORACLE_HOME. I look at the install log in /u01/app/oracle/oraInventory/logs and see: "INFO: Setting variable 'ORACLE_HOME' to '/u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/d b_1'. Received the value from the command line." Did I really key /oracle/oracle/ instead of /oracle/ or did the OUI change the path for some reason????? Thank you, Bill bfogarty@gaports.com wrote: > I am in the last stages of installing Oracle Server 10gR2 Enterprise > Edition on a UNIX AIX server. When window "Execute Configuration > Scripts" comes up it tells me to execute > "/u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/root.sh". > > The ".../oracle/oracle/..." stops me cold. I look back in my notes and > everything I wrote suggests I had entered ".../oracle/product/....." > for my ORACLE_HOME. I look at the install log in > /u01/app/oracle/oraInventory/logs and see: > "INFO: Setting variable 'ORACLE_HOME' to > '/u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/d > b_1'. Received the valu...

Oracle 9i Database Server on Windows 2003 Server
I am wondering if we can install this Server on Windows 2003 Server without any problems. Is there anybody that did that before? Thanks in advance if someone know the answer. Yvon Bouchard, B. Sc. Computer Science Teacher http://info.cegepat.qc.ca/siteyvon I've installed it on windows 2003 enterprise ed. about 1 month ago without any problem. I've installed the version 9.2.0.1 with the patch to 9.2.0.3. 9.2.0.3 is the only version certified by oracle for win 2003. Ciao "Yvon Bouchard" <yvon.bouchard@cablevision.qc.ca> ha scritto nel messaggio news:QCLvb.21605$ZF1.2102185@news20.bellglobal.com... > I am wondering if we can install this Server on Windows 2003 Server without > any problems. > Is there anybody that did that before? > Thanks in advance if someone know the answer. > > Yvon Bouchard, B. Sc. Computer Science > Teacher > http://info.cegepat.qc.ca/siteyvon > > > Yvon Bouchard wrote: > > I am wondering if we can install this Server on Windows 2003 Server without > any problems. > Is there anybody that did that before? > Thanks in advance if someone know the answer. > Although I have not installed on Windows 2003 myself, I know of several such installations and all occurred without issue. I do note that Oracle has a separate download (CD set) for the WIndows 2003 compared to NT/2000/XP, so I suspect the install for the latter may not be ...

oracle 10g RAC installation on windows 2003 server
hi all i tried to install oracle 10g RAC in Windows 2003 server Enterprise Edition as per the document given in oracle site,but i get OUI- 25031 at the "configuration Assistants" page while installing CRS(Cluster Ready server) My Configuration: Servers : HP DL380 - 2 Nos Clustered OS on Both Nodes NODE 1:Primary Server ---------------------------------- Host Name: xxxxxa Domain Name:abc.local Public IP: 192.168.6.21 Public IP Name : xxxxxa.abc.local PrivateIP:10.0.0.1 Private IP Name: xxxxxa-priv Virtual IP:192.168.6.15 Virtual IP Name: xxxxxa-vip.abc.local Node 2 Secondary server ------------------------------------ Host Name: xxxxxb Domain Name:abc.local Public IP: 192.168.6.22 Public IP Name : xxxxxb.abc.local PrivateIP:10.0.0.2 Private IP Name: xxxxxb-priv Virtual IP:192.168.6.16 Virtual IP Name: xxxxxb-vip.abc.local User for Both Nodes is Administrator OS:Windows 2003 server Enterprise Edition Oracle : Oracle 10g Release 2 (10.2) for Microsoft Windows (32-Bit) Physical RAM:6GB Paging File:Min -6GB Max-12GB Local Hard Disk(On Both Nodes):E:\ -50GB Common Storage - 1 TB(EMC Storage) Disabled write Cache on both nodes Automount enabled on both nodes Configured Priv ip of both nodes on both nodes in //system32/drivers/etc/hosts Configured Public and Virtual IP in DNS error while 1) cluster configuratin storage "Thrown when the ip address of the host cannot be determined" - Retry 2)Configuration Assistants OUI -25031 Some of the configuration assis...

Problem installing Oracle 10g client on Windows 2k3 server
Hi, I have downloaded the oracle 10g for 32bit systems client and have tried to install it on our windows 2003 production server (with sp1). When I click on setup.exe, nothing happens and the client just won't install. Can someone help? I have seen similar forums discussing this problem for p4 windows and oracle 8i...but they don't apply in my case Thanks Lyn lyn.duong@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I have downloaded the oracle 10g for 32bit systems client and have > tried to install it on our windows 2003 production server (with sp1). > > When I click on setup.exe, nothing happens and the client just won't > install. > > Can someone help? > I have seen similar forums discussing this problem for p4 windows and > oracle 8i...but they don't apply in my case > > > Thanks > Lyn Is this a 64 bit version of Windows 2003? Which release of the Oracle 10g client? Check for free space in your temp folder. Then, use the FileMon utility to trace file system activity: http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Filemon.html Charles Hooper PC Support Specialist K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc. lyn.duong@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I have downloaded the oracle 10g for 32bit systems client and have > tried to install it on our windows 2003 production server (with sp1). > > When I click on setup.exe, nothing happens and the client just won't > install. > > Can someone help? > I have seen simi...

Oracle 10 g installation problem on windows 2003 server
Hi, 1. I have made a download from the oracle.com homepage for "oracle db 10g release 1 (10.1.0.2) enterprise standard personal edition for ms windows 32bit". When I let the setup run I get allways the following error messsage - "OCR could not be initialized". What could I do to sucessfully install this oracle version for testing on a machine. I heard also there exist a patch#3555863for that problem but I have no access to metalink. Where can I get that patch? What is the smallest oracle full feature 10 g version (with server and some (5) client licenses). I want to make a test installation. I want to buy one. Who knows a price and where I can order it. When I buy such a version have I than also metalink web access? Or can I get on an other way access to metalink? Thanks! F. Mobile wrote: > What is the smallest oracle full feature 10 g version (with server and some > (5) client licenses). > I want to make a test installation. > I want to buy one. Who knows a price and where I can order it. > When I buy such a version have I than also metalink web access? Or can I get > on an other way access to metalink? > > Thanks! Size difference will be small enough to be irrelevant. Then get it for free by download. http://store.oracle.com But I would think phoning your Oracle sales rep would make a lot of sense. -- Daniel A. Morgan http://www.psoug.org damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) On Wed, 2...

it's compatible oracle 8i client, compatible whith oracle 9i server (or oracle 10g server)
Hi all, I have a client/server application that work on the client with oracle 8i client connected to oracle 8i server, Im going to upgrade the server to oracle 9i (or oracle10g) , and I wonder if the client will work fine without upgrade version. Thanks Angel R. wrote: > Hi all, > I have a client/server application that work on the client with oracle 8i > client connected to > oracle 8i server, Im going to upgrade the server to oracle 9i (or oracle10g) > , and > I wonder if the client will work fine without upgrade version. > > Thanks If you have access to the metalink then check the connect matrix at http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/showdoc?db=NOT&id=207303.1 Regards /Rauf ...

Oracle Application Server 10g
Hallo, Can anyone help me with installation of Oracle Application Server 10g (OAS) ? OAS installation file is soa_linux_x86_101310_disk1.cpio, from Oracle home page. This is precisely Oracle Application Server SOA Suite 10.1.3.1.0. (displayed at installation screen) My database is Oracle 10g version: 10.2.0.1.0. ORAPBEL, ORAESC and ORAWSM accounts are created and configured properly (I hope:). During installation the following error message is displayed: Database version should be 9.2.0.7 or higher in the Oracle 9i Database Release 2 series, 10.1.0.5 or higher in Oracle Database 10g Release 1 series, Oracle Database XE (10.2.0.1), 10.2.0.2 or higher in the Oracle Database 10g Release 2 series. What is wrong and how can I succesfully finish installation ? best regards Marek Pluta On Sep 11, 11:15 am, "pluton" <zielonad...@poczta.onet.pl> wrote: > Hallo, > Can anyone help me with installation of > Oracle Application Server 10g (OAS) ? > > OAS installation file is soa_linux_x86_101310_disk1.cpio, > from Oracle home page. > This is precisely Oracle Application Server SOA Suite 10.1.3.1.0. > (displayed at installation screen) > > My database is Oracle 10g version: 10.2.0.1.0. > > ORAPBEL, ORAESC and ORAWSM accounts are created and configured properly > (I hope:). > > During installation the following error message is displayed: > > Database version should be 9.2.0.7 or higher in the > Oracle 9i Da...

Installing oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 server
Hi All, Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 server? Thanks Ed Ed <arub11@yahoo.com> wrote in news:61dc863c-fde2-426b-adc7-c77de59a1703 @n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com: > Hi All, > > Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 > server? > Most definitely in seperate directory trees On Jul 26, 11:33=A0am, "Ana C. Dent" <anaced...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Ed <aru...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:61dc863c-fde2-426b-adc7-c77de59a1703 > @n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com: > > > Hi All, > > > Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 > > server? > > Most definitely in seperate directory trees With different oracle users used for installation? Any other info. you may have to keep in mind during the installation of both versions of oracle? On Jul 26, 2:28=A0pm, Ed <aru...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 > server? > > Thanks > Ed You install them into separate oracle homes. Do the 9i first and patch then 10g and patch is simplest. You should double check 9i I "think" it is supported by oracle for solaris 10. The installer might get a little weird worry about os patches and pre-reqs not sure. The 10g install is pretty clean. You can do both installs using the "same" oracle user and group definitions or you could...

install problem of audio driver of windows server 2003 under win2k3 server sp2
hi.have you ever experienced this kind of problem just as follows: first of all, I want to apologize for my awful english. enviroment:windows 2k3 enterprise edition+sevice-pack2+the old ibm t23 thing i have done: 1.search the lenovo website for newest driver ;but it seems that there isn't any windows server 2003 driver for any thinkpad product. 2.try to install the provided NT4.0 and XP audio driver by runing the setup file of the driver-install- pack.but it doesn't work.[in the device-manager the label turn to Crystal Audio[i cannot recall it clearly];but the volume icon does not show its face in the systray.]-->fail 3.finally i try some general AC97 drivers.after the installation one of them,the volume icon show its appearance,but i cannot activate it.--->fail. 4.then i go to the hardware manafucture offical website to see if there is any suitable driver. Disappointly,there isn't any.--->fail BUT WHILE I SEARCH THE INTERNET BY GOOGLE,SOMEBODY SAID WIN2K3 WORK WELL ON IBM T23. i don't know whether his win2k3 have patched the SP2 or not. However,Could somebody kindly give me some driections to solve this problem. thks,^_^ ...

Oracle Application server 10g discoverer installation problem
I've installed Oracle AS10g 10.1.2.0.2, Infrastructure and Business Intelligence. Everything is working well except Discoverer service, who cannot start. In logs I saw this error: /opt/oracle/OraHome_2/bin/dis51pr: error while loading shared libraries: libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such fileor directory I think it is because Discoverer isn't linked well during the installation, but I don't know how to fix it. Thanks for advice. ...

Oracle 10g on Windows 2003 Advance Server vs Solaris 10 ?
Dear Users, Kindly help me with below query of mine. For a web application, which is a suggested combination (considering stability/performance/maintainen for web application) ---- Oracle 10g on Windows 2003 Server ---- Oracle 10g on Solaris 10 -- Currently we are using Oracle 9i on Solaris 8. It will be helpful if i can get views based on your experience with above oracle 10g and OS. There is one more thread on oracle on solaris vs windows but i coud'nt get specific solution from that hence posting again (sorry abt that) Thanks in Advance On Mar 27, 7:10=A0am, Hardesh <hard...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear Users, > > Kindly help me with below query of mine. > > For a web application, which is a suggested combination (considering > stability/performance/maintainen for web application) > > =A0 =A0 ---- Oracle 10g on Windows 2003 Server > =A0 =A0 ---- Oracle 10g on Solaris 10 > > -- Currently we are using Oracle 9i on Solaris 8. > > It will be helpful if i can get views based on your experience with > above oracle 10g and OS. > > There is one more thread on oracle on solaris vs windows but i coud'nt > get specific solution from that hence posting again (sorry abt that) > > Thanks in Advance Why would it make a difference to the web application? The app connects to the database via SQL*net, odbc or jdbc so it should be irrelevant on which O/S the database runs. My *preference* would be Solaris,...

Why Oracle 10g doesn't work with Windows Server 2003
Hello I've installed Oracle 10g successfully on Windows 2000 Server, and o Windows XP Pro... with no problems at all... But I couldn't start the database on Windows Server 2003, th OracleDBconsole and Oracle...TNSListner refused to start Hoping that you've already solved this problem.. Regard Did you follow the install instructions? Is another version of oracle already installed and running? Do you meet all the pre-requisites? Ghaith wrote: > Hello, > > I've installed Oracle 10g successfully on Windows 2000 Server, and on > Windows XP Pro... with no problems at all... > > But I couldn't start the database on Windows Server 2003, the > OracleDBconsole and Oracle...TNSListner refused to start. > > Hoping that you've already solved this problem... > > Regards What is in the log files? -- Daniel A. Morgan http://www.psoug.org damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Comments embedded. Ghaith wrote: > Hello, > > I've installed Oracle 10g successfully on Windows 2000 Server, and on > Windows XP Pro... with no problems at all... > '10g' covers a lot of territory ... so which release, exactly, did you attempt to install on Windows 2003, on which processor, with what architecture? > But I couldn't start the database on Windows Server 2003, the > OracleDBconsole and Oracle...TNSListner refused to start. > You did, of course, receive an error message ... i...

Installing 32-bit and 64-bit oracle client on windows 2003 Server
Hi, I am wondering if we could install 32-bit client of 10g release2 and 64-bit client of the same (allowing delphi 32-bit apps and some .net Windows services to connect to the oracle database server hosted on HP- UX running 64-bit mode. has anyone done this before? If so, can you please provide me some documentation of how to configure the same. Thanks in advance. Deepak. ...

Known problems with Oracle 9.2.0.1 and Windows Server 2003 ?
On the CD of Oracle Database 9.2.0.1 is not specified that it runs on Windows Server 2003, but i've tried and it works. Do you know bugs or problems with this configuration? I see that 9.2.0.3 version is Windows Server 2003 certified. Do you think that i've to upgrade to that version? (sorry for my english) MariMax wrote: > > On the CD of Oracle Database 9.2.0.1 is not specified that it runs on > Windows Server 2003, but i've tried and it works. > Do you know bugs or problems with this configuration? > > I see that 9.2.0.3 version is Windows Server 2003 certified. Do you think > that i've to upgrade to that version? > > (sorry for my english) It's worth your time to upgrade as there are many fixes. To see which, log on to metalink and review the 'Fixes by Release' note. Remember that if you have ANY problem, the first general response is to upgrade to the latest version and then investigate. "Why wait for spring - do it now!" (I suspect there is probably a good reason why Oracle posted a separate download for Windows2003 Server as compared to the download for NT/XP/2000 - make sure you have the right one.) /Hans Hans Forbrich <hforbric@yahoo.net> wrote in message news:<40339F99.48EB66EB@yahoo.net>... > MariMax wrote: > > > > On the CD of Oracle Database 9.2.0.1 is not specified that it runs on > > Windows Server 2003, but i've tried and it works. > > Do ...

Installing 32-bit and 64-bit oracle client on windows 2003 Server
Hi, I am wondering if we could install 32-bit client of 10g release2 and 64-bit client of the same (allowing delphi 32-bit apps and some .net Windows services to connect to the oracle database server hosted on HP- UX running 64-bit mode. has anyone done this before? If so, can you please provide me some documentation of how to configure the same. Thanks in advance. Deepak. On 13 Apr 2007 10:00:52 -0700, deepak.kollipara@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, > >I am wondering if we could install 32-bit client of 10g release2 and >64-bit client of the same (allowing delphi 32-bit apps and some .net >Windows services to connect to the oracle database server hosted on HP- >UX running 64-bit mode. has anyone done this before? > >If so, can you please provide me some documentation of how to >configure the same. > >Thanks in advance. >Deepak. Fact: 32-bit client can communicate with 64-bit server without problem. Fact: if you want to install 2 different clients you need to install them in 2 different Oracle homes Fact: your question is redundant, as this is all outlined in the installation documentation on http://otn.oracle.com or http://tahiti.oracle.com both reachable from http://www.oracle.com Fact: you were even too lazy to type www.oracle.com in your browser and hit the documentation button. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA On Apr 13, 11:12 am, sybra...@hccnet.nl wrote: > On 13 Apr 2007 10:00:52 -0700, deepak.kollip...@gmail.com wrote: >...

Installing 32-bit and 64-bit oracle client on windows 2003 Server
Hi, I am wondering if we could install 32-bit client of 10g release2 and 64-bit client of the same (allowing delphi 32-bit apps and some .net Windows services to connect to the oracle database server hosted on HP- UX running 64-bit mode. has anyone done this before? If so, can you please provide me some documentation of how to configure the same. Thanks in advance. Deepak. ...

oracle database 9.2.0.8 32bit and windows server 2003 64bit
Hello! What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit database? Any suggestion? Regards - MJ On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA thx. I will check Uzytkownik "sybrandb" <sybrandb@gmail.com> napisal w wiadomosci news:b5d54371-bf21-439b-85c3-ae21dafc21be@3g2000yqk.googlegroups.com... On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA On Apr 15, 5:16=A0am, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on &g...

Oracle Database 10g R2 RAC Installation On Red Hat Linux Using VMware Server
Hi, Does any one have the install doc for Oracle Database 10g R2 RAC Installation On Red Hat Linux Using VMware Server. I googled, I searched on OTN and also searched on Metalink but no luck. Thank you RA On May 29, 5:54 pm, RA <ang...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Does any one have the install doc for Oracle Database 10g R2 RAC > Installation On Red Hat Linux Using VMware Server. I googled, I > searched on OTN and also searched on Metalink but no luck. > > Thank you > RA Wow you must have missed all the good spots. Try Jeffery Hunters site over at http://www.idevelopment.info or Howard Rogers site at http://www.dizwell.com/prod Be prepared to take their recommendations and follow their documentation exactly. Jeffrey has a nice article on a complete 2 node install of RAC using vmware ... think he uses a clone of red hat in the article. On 30 mayo, 00:24, hpuxrac <johnbhur...@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > On May 29, 5:54 pm, RA <ang...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Hi, > > > Does any one have the install doc for Oracle Database 10g R2 RAC > > Installation On Red Hat Linux Using VMware Server. I googled, I > > searched on OTN and also searched on Metalink but no luck. > > > Thank you > > RA > > Wow you must have missed all the good spots. > > Try Jeffery Hunters site over athttp://www.idevelopment.infoor > Howard Rogers site athttp://www.dizwell.com/prod > > Be prepare...

massive performance drop Oracle 9i on multi processor system (Windows Server 2003, Oracle 9i, 9.2.0.6.0)
The performance of some complex PL/SQL functions has dropped dramatically since migrating from Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.0) on Windows Server 2000 to 9i (9.2.0.6.0) on Windows Server 2003. We found out, that Oracle 9i performance on a multi processor CPU machine (our server has 4 XEON CPUs, Hyperthreading is disabled in BIOS) is highly dependent on init.ora parameters; unfortunately our trial and error approach to find the proper settings (we searched Oracle Tech Net (OTN) and google groups without success) did not help so far. We are testing performance behaviour with some business critical PL/SQL procedures that do authorization calculations for our application. Simplified these functions do a lot of inserts, deletes and selects in/from tables (being used as temp tables in lack of in memory temp table support of oracle 9i). We can monitor the progress within the stored procedure by using UTL_FILE functions to write a log file into the file system of the server; we real time monitor the log file using "tail -f". <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); [...] When setting "CPU_COUNT = 1" in init.ora the function will typically run up to 10 seconds, when setting "CPU_COUNT = 4" it will take more than 2 minutes (!!!) We experimented with the following other parameters so far: db_writer_processes (set to 4 in combination with cpu_count = 4) fast_start_parall...

moving oracle database server into a new server
Hi all I will be moving oracle from one Solaris server into another Solaris server, the IP address and box name will be changed. Oracle version is 8.1.7 and O/S is 5.8 on both servers ( just different O/S patch). Does any one know what I need to do in order to get oracle up and running again on the new server. I know that I will need to change the tnsnames.ora and listner.ora, but is there anything else that I need to do? Thanks Teresa Teresa wrote: > Hi all > > I will be moving oracle from one Solaris server into another Solaris > server, the IP address and box name will be changed. Oracle version is > 8.1.7 and O/S is 5.8 on both servers ( just different O/S patch). > Does any one know what I need to do in order to get oracle up and > running again on the new server. I know that I will need to change the > tnsnames.ora and listner.ora, but is there anything else that I need > to do? > > Thanks > Teresa When I do this with windows boxes I either: #1 Install oracle on the new box, create a new database and export/import from old db to new db #2 Copy datafiles, init, sqlnet, tns.. etc over from coldbackup or shutdown old_database, startup nomount and recreate the controlfile to fit new environment. #3 Restore from online backup of old_database and apply redo logs, again recreating the controlfile to fit the new env. (I usually only do this for "practice" and for creating a development copy of a prod db) #2 ...

Oracle and Windows Server 2003
Does the Oracle work with Windows Server 2003 and .NET? I am trying to run an ASP.NET app and keep getting the error "System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL (OraOps9.dll)". The dll in in the Oracle bin directory and I have relaxed permissions for ASP.NET and IUSR_machinename. This worked fine on Windows XP. I have downloaded all the latest patches for the client. Am I trying to do the impossible? Do I have to revert to XP? TIA David "David Rose" <drose2929@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<bo9a8e$qlo$1@bob.news.rcn.net>... > Does the Oracle work with Windows Server 2003 and .NET? I am trying to run > an ASP.NET app and keep getting the error "System.DllNotFoundException: > Unable to load DLL (OraOps9.dll)". The dll in in the Oracle bin directory > and I have relaxed permissions for ASP.NET and IUSR_machinename. > > This worked fine on Windows XP. I have downloaded all the latest patches > for the client. Am I trying to do the impossible? Do I have to revert to > XP? > > TIA > > David There is a separate version of Oracle 9.2.0.1 for Winblows 2003. Which necessarily means that all the other versions are not guaranteed to work. You could easily have looked this up in the download section of any official Oracle site. Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA Sybrand, I got the client from: Oracle Software Downloads -> Database ->...

How do I check which Oracle Patches are appplied to an Oracle DataBase Server
I would like to know if someone could help me with this topic, I'm traying to analize and chek which Oracle Patches are appplied to an Oracle DataBase Server >chek which Oracle Patches are appplied to an Oracle DataBase Server If they were applied with oPatch, then "opatch lsinventory" should show you what's there. If you did not use oPatch, then I have no clue. ;-) BD wrote: > >chek which Oracle Patches are appplied to an Oracle DataBase Server > > If they were applied with oPatch, then "opatch lsinventory" should show > you what's there. > > If you did not use oPatch, then I have no clue. ;-) For better or worse ( we know the answer ) opatch is the tool that install patches from oracle support. "If you did not use oPatch" ... what? >"If you did not use oPatch" ... what? In my 8i environments, there are separate scripts that are run - for example, for a cpu, it would be 'install_cpu.sh'. In those cases, I really don't know how (if) one can confirm which patches have been applied to an environment. ...

Problem while installing Oracle Mobile Server
Hi (All OSes are Windows 2000 Pro). While installing Mobile Server 10g, I'm asked to enter the SYSTEM account password but when I enter it I get the following error: "Io Exception: The network adapter could not establish the connection". But the IP link is OK between the Mobile Server 10g computer and the main Oracle DB 10g computer. Also, from Oracle Entreprise Manager I can't connect as SYSTEM to the Oracle DB 10g. So I think that this can be linked to the error that I get from Mobile Server Installation... I've granted DBA rights to SYSTEM account but I get the same error from Mobile Server, even after restarting the Oracle DB 10g server. As explained at : http://dba.5341.com/msg/13097.html I've done the following (directly on Oracle DB 10g server) : Sqlplus / as sysdba GRANT DBA TO SYSTEM; GRANT CONNECT TO SYSTEM; GRANT RESOURCE TO SYSTEM; GRANT CONNECT_MTN TO SYSTEM; GRANT EXP_FULL_DATABASE TO SYSTEM; GRANT IMP_FULL_DATABASE TO SYSTEM; GRANT SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE TO SYSTEM; GRANT EXECUTE_CATALOG_ROLE TO SYSTEM; GRANT AQ_ADMINISTRATOR_ROLE TO SYSTEM; GRANT GATHER_SYSTEM_STATISTICS TO SYSTEM; ALTER USER SYSTEM DEFAULT ROLE ALL; GRANT ANALYZE ANY TO SYSTEM; GRANT ALTER ANY TYPE TO SYSTEM; GRANT ALTER ANY INDEX TO SYSTEM; GRANT ALTER ANY TABLE TO SYSTEM; GRANT EXECUTE ANY TYPE TO SYSTEM; GRANT SELECT ANY TABLE TO SYSTEM; GRANT ALTER ANY INDEXTYPE TO SYSTEM; GRANT ALTER ANY PROCEDURE TO SYSTEM; GRANT DEBUG ANY PROCEDURE TO SYSTEM; GRANT UNLIMIT...

install oracle database server at home
Hi I am thinking of setting up an oracle database on my home computer - possibly Oracle 9i. I am wondering what spec (in terms of RAM especially) I would need. Any assistance would be appreciated. Cheers B. Baz wrote: > Hi > > I am thinking of setting up an oracle database on my home computer - > possibly Oracle 9i. I am wondering what spec (in terms of RAM > especially) I would need. Any assistance would be appreciated. > > Cheers > B. Practical minimums: - Pentium 600 - 512M Ram - 5G free disk - NOT Windows "Home" edition (XP Home, ME ...) - Prefer Linux or perhaps Windows 2000 Pro, XP Pro It is theoretically possible to go dn to 256M RAM but that becomes more an exercise in frustration. /Hans ...

Web resources about - installing Oracle 10g on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise problem. Help ! - comp.databases.oracle.server

Help:Installing Japanese character sets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This help page will help you install Japanese character sets so that your computer will display them properly on the internet in your web browser ...

Earn Free Facebook Credits For Installing Apps — Of Course, There’s A Catch
This looks pretty cool at first: Earn free Facebook Credits for installing applications on your iPhone or Android device. AppDog offers this ...

Rooting and installing Android 1.5 JesusFreke - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More information at: android.noisepages.com/2009/05/rooting-pics/

Installing ClearCal Anti-Glare Film for Glossy Displays - YouTube
Demonstration of how to install a RadTech ClearCal Anti-Glare Film on a MacBook Pro. ClearCal eliminates glare on glossy displays like Apple's ...

Fatal unit fire: Builder Ray Finianos reduced height of building to avoid installing fire sprinklers ...
The builder of&nbsp;a south-west Sydney unit block where a young woman plunged to her death during a ferocious fire told a certifier to reduce ...

'Green' light bulb moment for councils installing LED street lights
Nine Sydney councils are getting ready to turn off the lights &ndash; 13,000 of them &ndash; to save more than $20 million.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment
Sky News is Australia's leader in 24-hour news. Iran has begun installing next-generation equipment at one of its main nuclear plants, a new ...

Peter Garrett believed installing insulation batts 'not that hard', royal commission told
Former environment minister Peter Garrett believed installing insulation batts was ''not that hard'' based on his own personal experience, an ...

Gillard defends installing Slipper
BBC News Gillard defends installing Slipper Sydney Morning Herald Prime Minister Julia Gillard has defended her decision to install Peter ...

CSIRO says installing solar panels on roofs of businesses could take pressure off the electricity grid ...
Installing more solar panels on the roofs of businesses would help Australia's energy grid cope with increased demand.

Resources last updated: 3/20/2016 5:35:22 AM