Intermittent java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00902: invalid datatype

Hi,

We are getting java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00902: invalid datatype
exception intermittently while saving the data in db using java, most
of the times it is working for the same data elements,

We are using Oracle SQL types to save the data in Oracle9i database!

Please give some suggestions why we are getting this exception only in
some times -?

On Feb 12, 12:24=A0am, Suresh <eluri.sur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are getting java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00902: invalid datatype
> exception intermittently while saving the data in db using java, most
> of the times it is working for the same data elements,
>
> We are using Oracle SQL types to save the data in Oracle9i database!
>
> Please give some suggestions why we are getting this exception only in
> some times -?

It may depend on the particular data values, and it may have to do
with
something else entirely. Show the code. Where does it run? What
driver version are you using?
0
joeNOSPAM (240)

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
Hi! As you'll notice I'm new to oracel :) I set up 9i r2 on a linux machine but the attempt to connect to a database (java, jdbc) ends up with the following: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist Linux Error: 2: No such file or directory at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java:289) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.O3log.receive1st(O3log.java:407) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.logon(TTC7Protocol.java:259) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:346) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.java:468) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:314) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:140) at com.onseven.dbvis.wrapper.DriverManagerImpl.getConnection(DriverManagerImpl.java:40) at com.onseven.dbvis.sql.Database.doConnect(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.sql.Database.access$000(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.sql.Database$ConnectionCommand.execute(Unknown Source) at se.pureit.util.ThreadCommand.runExecute(Unknown Source) at se.pureit.util.ThreadCommand.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534) ...

SqlSpec

HELP!! ORA-00902: invalid datatype
Hi, I am creating a package in the schema matt with reference to Tables i Schema Scott. The package and body pasted below. When I create the package body I ge error "PL/SQL: ORA-00902: invalid datatype" for the statement "ope p_recordset FOR select * from TABLE(CAST(tbl_order as typ_bas));" Wha am I doing wrong? CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE TEST_PROC_PKG IS TYPE cur_type IS REF CURSOR; PROCEDURE TEST_PROC(p_orno IN VARCHAR2, p_recordset OUT cur_type); END; / CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY TEST_PROC_PKG IS PROCEDURE TEST_PROC(p_orno IN VARCHAR2, p_recordset OUT cur_type) IS CURSOR cur_order IS select T$orno, T$pono, T$cpva from scott.orderline where T$orno in '||p_orno||'; TYPE type_basket IS RECORD ( orno scott.orderline.T$orno%TYPE, pono scott.orderline.T$pono%TYPE, cpva scott.orderline.T$cpva%TYPE ); rec_ord type_basket; TYPE typ_bas is TABLE of type_basket INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER; tbl_order typ_bas; i NUMBER := 1; BEGIN OPEN cur_order; LOOP FETCH cur_order INTO rec_ord; EXIT WHEN cur_order%NOTFOUND; tbl_order(i).cpva := rec_ord.pono + rec_ord.cpva; tbl_order(i).orno := rec_ord.orno; tbl_order(i).pono := rec_ord.pono; DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(tbl_order(i).cpva); i := i + 1; END LOOP; DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(cur_order%ROWCOUNT); CLOSE cur_order; open p_recordset FOR select * from TABLE(CAST(tbl_order as typ_bas)); EXCEPTION WHEN OTHERS THEN tbl_order(i).cpva := 0; tbl_order(i).orno := ' '; tbl_order(i).pono := 0; open p_recordset...

java.sql.SQLException:ORA-00904
Hi All, I am getting below error while executing my query in java program however when I run the same query on Toad/ sqlplus the query runs fine resulting the desired results. java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00904: : invalid identifier at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:114) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java:208) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java:542) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.doOall7(TTC7Protocol.java:1333) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.parseExecuteDescribe(TTC7Protocol.java:617) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteQuery(OracleStatement.java:1606) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecute(OracleStatement.java:1764) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1813) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeQuery(OracleStatement.java:417) at org.apache.jsp.rptjobsubmit_jsp._jspService(rptjobsubmit_jsp.java:703) at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:92) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:809) Any thoughts on the probable reasons about the same. My query is: "SELECT * FROM (SELECT COMP_CODE,COMP_CODE AS APP_COMP_CODE, APPL_EMAIL,CLIENT_CODE,CLIENT_STAFF, CLIENT_NAME, DEPT_CODE, DEPT_CODE AS APP_DEPT_CODE,GETTYPEDESC(COMP_CODE,DEPT_CODE, 'DEPT') AS DEPTNAME, GETSTAFFNAME(APPL_EMAIL) AS STAFF_NAME,GETCCCODE(APPL_EMAIL) AS CC_CODE,PROD_CODE,BIZ_DIV_...

Access database(Jet Engine) and SQL Server or SQL Server express
Hi, I am trying to find out what are the big differences between access database Jet engine and SQL Server? If I have serveral web applications (same content different copies) running as different sites(on IIS), each site using an access as a back-end database, all sites will be running simultaneously, all the access databases are on the same machine, on this approach, does each copy of access has its own Jet engine to handle database transaction or only has one Jet engine with multiple threads handles multiple copies of access database. Also, I'd like to know what kind database, and data...

move/copy database objects from SQL Server Express to SQL Server Standard??
Can anyone refer me to good 'recipes' or sources of information on this topic?? I have Visual Studio Tools for Office, which installs SS 2005 Express locally to my XP box, and I want to develop in SS 2005, then copy the tables or queries or reports etc. to a SS 2005 Standard server. Thank you, Tom Hi Tom If the objects are on source code control you may just want to check out the scripts and run them through SQLCMD. If you want the whole database then you can either use backup/restore or sp_detach_db/sp_attach_db, failing that you could use the import/export wizard, If SQLExpr...

java.sql.SQLException: Protocol violation on Oracle
Hi! I am using the Squirrel SQL application to connect to an Oracle instance from my local PC using the thin driver. The problem I have is that at one moment when running the application I get the following exception (from the trace): 71503 [Thread-1] ERROR net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.session.SchemaInfo - failed to load stroed procedures java.sql.SQLException: Protocol violation at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134) at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:179) at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(DBError.java:1160) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java:594) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.doOall7(TTC7Protocol.java:1983) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.fetch(TTC7Protocol.java:1250) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.next(OracleResultSetImpl.java:295) at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.sql.ResultSetReader.readRow(ResultSetReader.java:118) at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.sql.SQLDatabaseMetaData.getProcedures(SQLDatabaseMetaData.java:700) at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.session.SchemaInfo.loadStoredProcedures(SchemaInfo.java:189) at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.session.SchemaInfo.load(SchemaInfo.java:169) at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.session.SchemaInfo.load(SchemaInfo.java:76) at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.session.Session.loadTableInfo(Session.java:690) at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.session.Session.access$000(Session.java:66) at net....

sql command to list all databases in the oracle server
Hi, could u help me, what is the sql command to list all existing databases in a oracle server? dalu.gelu@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > could u help me, what is the sql command to list all existing databases > in a oracle server? Please read the Oracle Concepts Manual. There are Instances and Databases and Schemas. There is no such thing as multiple databases in a single instance. There are multiple schemas! (select distinct owner from dba_tables) Multiple instances can only be listed on O/S level. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA only one database in oracle server, see v$database view sybrandb wrote: > dalu.gelu@gmail.com wrote: > > Hi, > > > > could u help me, what is the sql command to list all existing databases > > in a oracle server? > > Please read the Oracle Concepts Manual. > There are Instances and Databases and Schemas. > There is no such thing as multiple databases in a single instance. > There are multiple schemas! (select distinct owner from dba_tables) > Multiple instances can only be listed on O/S level. > > -- > Sybrand Bakker > Senior Oracle DBA dalu.gelu@gmail.com wrote: > could u help me, what is the sql command to list all existing > databases in a oracle server? Depends what you mean by "database" and "server". If "server" means a physical, computer server and you want to see all the Oracle instances ("databases"), on most ...

java.sql.SQLException: Could not open database table
Hello NG, with Informix I get the error java.sql.SQLException: Could not open database table in my servlet after 253 or 254 selects/updates. Any idea how to solve this Problem. Its Informix SE and its not a Problem from the jdbc driver.... Chris You can find the text behind any error message by typing finderr <msgno> at the command prompt. The ones you're getting come out as: -253 Identifier length exceeds the maximum allowed by this version of the server. A name in the statement exceeds the maximum length. In 7.x, 8.x, and 9.1x versions of the database server, the maximum length for identifiers in SQL statements is 18 characters. In 9.2 and later versions of the database server, the maximum length for identifiers in SQL statements is 128 characters. Check the length of the names and whether a typographical error caused two names to run together. and -254 Too many or too few host variables given. The number of host variables that you named in the INTO clause of this statement does not match the number of "?" place holders that you wrote into the statement. Locate the text of the statement (in a PREPARE or DECLARE statement), and verify the number of place holders. Then review the list in the INTO clause to see which item is incorrect. Andy "Christian Gauler" <horser@gmx.de> wrote in message news:<bpiplq$1no0h1$1@ID-76367.news.uni-berlin.de>... > Hello NG, > ...

Oracle DB to MS Sql Server DB Replication question...via Sql Server Views??
Hi, I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I've been asked to look into replication from Oracle to Sql Server. He's the situation: We have access to a remote Oracle database, but only read access (not allowed to configure or change the db). We own a Sql Server database with Views that use a link server to query the Oracle database. With this setup, is it possible to replicate the Oracle database? Can we do a replication from the Sql Server with the Views into another Sql Server database, and if we can, will it be able to only pull the delta for subsequent replications? Any tips and hints would be helpful. Pleeease! Thanx, Doemon doemon@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I've been asked to look > into replication from Oracle to Sql Server. He's the situation: > We have access to a remote Oracle database, but only read access (not > allowed to configure or change the db). > We own a Sql Server database with Views that use a link server to > query the Oracle database. > > With this setup, is it possible to replicate the Oracle database? Can > we do a replication from the Sql Server with the Views into another > Sql Server database, and if we can, will it be able to only pull the > delta for subsequent replications? > > Any tips and hints would be helpful. Pleeease! > I don't know the answer to the second question, nor your versions, but the first sh...

Transfer Database from one Pervasive SQL 2000i server to Another Pervasive SQL 2000i Server
Any tips on how to transfer the data files from one Pervasive SQL 2000i database to another Pervasive SQL 2000i database. Please advice ASAP Thanks Sajid Saeed Simply copy the files from one server to the other. Sajid Saeed wrote: > Any tips on how to transfer the data files from one Pervasive SQL > 2000i database to another Pervasive SQL 2000i database. > > Please advice ASAP > > Thanks > > Sajid Saeed If you are just wanting the whole database from one server on another copy the files over. May need to set up an engine DSN on the new server for SQL/ODBC acce...

Updating Oracle database from SQL Server as linked table
I have a medical records system where parts live in Oracle and parts live in SQL Server. I'm trying to inactivate a lot of patients who haven't been seen since the conversion by updating them on the SQL Server side and then updating the Oracle side to match. I'd like to be able to use the following query: UPDATE server..user.table SET OraField1 = 'I' WHERE OraField1 = 'A' AND OraField2 IN ( SELECT SQLfield2 FROM SQLTable WHERE SQLField1 = 1 ) However, when I do this, I get an error saying that the field "was reported to have a DBTYPE of 130 at compile time and 5 at run time". This appears to mean that there's a field on the Oracle side that was defined as Number without any precision information. How can I rewrite this query to actually work? OpenQuery doesn't seem like it will do what I want, and I don't want to accidentally inactivate everyone in the database... Thanks! "Garrett Fitzgerald" <SarekOfVulcan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:cefcd14e-1ffa-4c85-9fa3-6dab448fc3c4@c65g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... >I have a medical records system where parts live in Oracle and parts > live in SQL Server. I'm trying to inactivate a lot of patients who > haven't been seen since the conversion by updating them on the SQL > Server side and then updating the Oracle side to match. I'd like to be > able to use the followi...

Importing sql server 7/2000 database into Oracle
Hi, Is it possible to import a MS sql server 7 or 2000 database into Oracle? Also, if this is possible, would it be better to just import tables and no stored procedures? thanks, Ellie Tables and indexes only surely - have you compared the stored procedures in SqlServer and Oracle! Every one I have ever seen have been quite different. Regards Kevin "E Sullivan" <ellie999nospam@nospamptd.net> wrote in message news:2LGdnUSaYJzJ66bdUSdV9g@ptd.net... > Hi, > > Is it possible to import a MS sql server 7 or 2000 database into Oracle? > Also, if this is possible, would it be better to just import tables and no > stored procedures? > > thanks, > > Ellie > > The stored procedures probably won't be needed so that's ok. I think the difference may be because mssql server uses "transact sql" which is their version of sql statements. Did we really expect MS to play nicely! Can the database be attached/imported or would I have to create a delimited text file? Thanks again. "Kevin A Lewis" <Kevin_A_Lewis@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:UjL_b.22$mj7.1@newreader.ukcore.bt.net... > Tables and indexes only surely - have you compared the stored procedures in > SqlServer and Oracle! Every one I have ever seen have been quite different. > > Regards Kevin > > "E Sullivan" <ellie999nospam@nospamptd.net> wrote in message > news:2LGdnUSaYJzJ66bdUSdV9g@ptd.net... >...

Importing sql server 7/2000 database to Oracle
Hi, Is it possible to import a MS sql server 7 or 2000 database into Oracle? Also, if this is possible, would it be better to just import tables and no stored procedures? thanks, Ellie E Sullivan wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to import a MS sql server 7 or 2000 database into Oracle? > Also, if this is possible, would it be better to just import tables and no > stored procedures? > > thanks, > > Ellie What do you mean by "import"? If you mean dump the data as a delimited text file and use SQL*Loader. Yes. But do keep in mind you will need to translate some data types and autonumbering columns do not exist. -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) Thanks, Daniel. Yes, that is what I want. Now about the autonumbering columns: as long as we aren't going to add to the database and expect autonumbering, I can still have that column, right? That's what it sounds like. thanks again. "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan@x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1077639180.433784@yasure... > E Sullivan wrote: > > > Hi, > > > > Is it possible to import a MS sql server 7 or 2000 database into Oracle? > > Also, if this is possible, would it be better to ju...

Same Java SQL database engine on both client and server make more sense?
I would like to hear opinions as I am venturing into the murky world of Java databases for a project I wish to undertake. Agents are wanting to use laptops to collect information. It's been decided that they will need to go online twice a day and connect to a MySQL database. 1. in the morning to download information regarding job instructions for the day. 2. in the evening to upload the collected data. My initial plan was to build a Java application for the agents laptops which includes an embedded Java SQL database engine (such as HSQL, Mckoi, etc) that communicates with MySQL. However I wonder if I have been looking at this the wrong way and it make more sense to run the same Java SQL database engine on both the agents laptops and the server (discarding MySQL on the server). Can anyone recommend a suitable database? On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 03:24:10 GMT, "Phil Latio" <phil.latio@f-in-stupid.co.uk> wrote or quoted : >Can anyone recommend a suitable database? For a list of possibilities see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sql.html -- Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green. Coaching, problem solving, economical contract programming. See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jgloss.html for The Java Glossary. Phil Latio wrote: > My initial plan was to build a Java application for the agents > laptops which includes an embedded Java SQL database engine (such as > HSQL, Mckoi, etc) that communicates with MySQL. However I...

US-PA: Philadelphia-Oracle/SQL Server Database Administrator
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is a regional job board serving all industries and occupations in the PA, NJ, DE, NY, MD, and DC areas. We offer a regional job board, online learning, and regional job fair events for jobseekers who live in our areas of focus. To Learn More: Job Board: http://www.JobCircle.com?source=ng eLearning: http://www.JobCircle.com/courseware?source=ng Job Fairs: http://JobCircleJobFairs.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Oracle/S...

from sql server to oracle to ANOTHER oracle
I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax. I try to write something like SELECT * FROM LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2 but it does not work questions 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ? 2) if so, how ? thank you! On Nov 10, 10:57=A0am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. > > I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle > server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another > oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax. > > I try to write something like > > =A0SELECT * FROM > =A0 LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2 > > but it does not work > > questions > 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ? > 2) if so, how ? > > thank you! use a synonym that points to the second linked table? On Nov 10, 9:27=A0pm, onedbguru <onedbg...@yahoo.com> wrote: > On Nov 10, 10:57=A0am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > > > > I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. > > > I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle > > server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another > > oracle db. I&#...

SQL server updates and A-Z of programming languages C++, Java, Oracle
The latest developments in SQL server 2008 and an complete encyclopedia of microsoft softwares. Know the methodology to capture customers requirements for new products. Get the latest development in C++ and other IT related tools. A complete tutor for all your IT needs. visit http://www.sqlserversoftware.blogspot.com ...

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number
Hi, I have a simple java classes trying to call a function in a database. Below is the function signature. function search_pipe_out (p_matching_ids in varchar2 ,p_return_pipe in varchar2 ,p_errorcode in varchar2 )return number is // implementation start here.... My Java Program public class Test { public static void main(String[] args) { CallableStatement csmt = null; Connection con = null; csmt = null; try{ Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"); System.out.println("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver was loaded successfully"); con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:oci8:@ORAWTCP","zzndn07","atlantis"); System.out.println(con.toString()); csmt =con.prepareCall( " { call ? := BU00153P.search_pipe_out ( ?, ?, ? ) }"); csmt.registerOutParameter(1, Types.NUMERIC); csmt.setString(2,"24598520,47162288,47162289"); csmt.setString(3, "BIP1PIPE$00400F450001"); csmt.setString(4,"0"); System.out.println(csmt.toString()); csmt.execute(); System.out.println("Done."); csmt.close(); con.close(); }catch(Exception e) {e.printStackTrace();} } } I get these error at the execute statement. java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134) at oracle.jdb...

CMMI,DOTNET,JAVA,NETWORKING, SOFTWARE TESTING,ORACLE, SQL Server
CMMI,DOTNET,JAVA,NETWORKING, SOFTWARE TESTING,ORACLE, SQL Server Interview Questions and Answers I have listed over 600 interview questions and answers for CMMI,DOTNET,JAVA,NETWORKING, SOFTWARE TESTING,ORACLE, SQL Server in my website http://www.geocities.com/dotnet_java_cmmi/ So please have a look and make use of it. ...

CMMI,DOTNET,JAVA,NETWORKING, SOFTWARE TESTING,ORACLE, SQL Server
CMMI,DOTNET,JAVA,NETWORKING, SOFTWARE TESTING,ORACLE, SQL Server Interview Questions and Answers I have listed over 600 interview questions and answers for CMMI,DOTNET,JAVA,NETWORKING, SOFTWARE TESTING,ORACLE, SQL Server in my website http://www.geocities.com/dotnet_java_cmmi/ So please have a look and make use of it. This is nothing but just an ads site............. If u r honest make a ad free blog........... ...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #3
Paul, if nothing else helps, you could use Java and JDBC with the JDBC driver of the respective target database. A small example showing access to an Image/SQL database can be found on the following web page (and can be adjusted to use an MSSQL or Oracle JDBC driver and database URL/logon fairly easily)... http://www.editcorp.com/Personal/Lars_Appel/JavaDemo/ -> JdbcProgram Calling Java from COBOL as a subprogram, however, is probably not the way that I would go, if exploring this road. I would probably let a program similar to the above run as a "gateway" in a sep...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #6
On July 9, 2003 11:23 am, Duane Percox wrote: > * Performance was not that great so you wouldn't want to use this > for production, but proof of concept and for learning it is ok. Do you have any performance numbers for it all on Linux? Pete * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Web resources about - Intermittent java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00902: invalid datatype - comp.databases.oracle.server