Is it possible to obtain DBMS_SCHEDULER log id from within program being scheduled

Hi.

As above,

basically what i am trying to do is attach output files to a shceduled
program using the DBMS_SCHEDULER package. Within the program being
executed i want to output log file and output file information,
attached to the Job in the scheduler, so that using the
USER_SCHEDULER_JOB_LOG view i can drill into the files produced by the
procedure (i am using utl_file to produce these files) being executed.

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers,

Neil

Version Info

Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.1.0.2.0 - Prod
PL/SQL Release 10.1.0.2.0 - Production
CORE	10.1.0.2.0	Production
TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 10.1.0.2.0 - Production
NLSRTL Version 10.1.0.2.0 - Production

OS Windows Server 2003

Neil wrote:
> Hi.
>
> As above,
>
> basically what i am trying to do is attach output files to a shceduled
> program using the DBMS_SCHEDULER package. Within the program being
> executed i want to output log file and output file information,
> attached to the Job in the scheduler, so that using the
> USER_SCHEDULER_JOB_LOG view i can drill into the files produced by the
> procedure (i am using utl_file to produce these files) being executed.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated
>
> Cheers,
>
> Neil
>
> Version Info
>
> Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.1.0.2.0 - Prod
> PL/SQL Release 10.1.0.2.0 - Production
> CORE	10.1.0.2.0	Production
> TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 10.1.0.2.0 - Production
> NLSRTL Version 10.1.0.2.0 - Production
>
> OS Windows Server 2003

Will querying DBA_SCHEDULER_WINDOW_LOG or DBA_SCHEDULER_RUNNING_JOBS do
it for you?
--
Daniel A. Morgan
Relational theory is not something that is simply a nice-to-have.

Thanks for your response, but it's the log id i'm after.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Neil

Neil wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Thanks for your response, but it's the log id i'm after.
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Neil

Why can't you get it from the appropriate data dictionary views?
--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org

As far as i can determine from my testing, the log id is not visible
until the scheduled job completes.

Cheers,

Neil

"Neil" <neil.emery@ds-s.com> wrote in

> hi,
>
> As far as i can determine from my testing, the log id is not visible
> until the scheduled job completes.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Neil

Not even from one of the following views?

DBA_DATAPUMP_JOBS
DBA_SCHEDULER_RUNNING_JOBS
DBA_SCHEDULER_JOB_RUN_DETAILS
DBA_SCHEDULER_JOB_LOG
DBA_SCHEDULER_JOB_ARGS
DBA_SCHEDULER_JOB_CLASSES
DBA_SCHEDULER_JOBS
DBA_JOBS
DBA_JOBS_RUNNING

but then again I could be mistaken.
0
IANAL_Vista (516)
5/31/2005 2:44:33 PM
Hi Daniel,

Try the following.

begin
  dbms_scheduler.create_job(job_name     => 'long_sleep',
                            job_type     => 'PLSQL_BLOCK',
                            job_action   => 'begin
dbms_lock.sleep(600); end;');
  dbms_scheduler.enable('long_sleep');
end;

col job_Action for a40
col additional_info for a40
SET LINES 100

ttitle "Jobs"

select to_char(sysdate, 'dd-mon-yyyy hh24:mi:ss') ttime, job_name,
job_type, job_action, state
from   dual, user_scheduler_jobs
where  job_name = 'LONG_SLEEP'
/

ttitle "Running Jobs"

select to_char(sysdate, 'dd-mon-yyyy hh24:mi:ss') ttime, a.job_name,
a.session_id, a.slave_process_id, to_char(a.elapsed_time, 'hh24:mi:ss')
elapsed_time
from   dual, user_scheduler_running_jobs a
where  job_name = 'LONG_SLEEP'
/

ttitle "Scheduler Job Logs"

select to_char(sysdate, 'dd-mon-yyyy hh24:mi:ss') ttime, a.status,
       to_char(a.log_date, 'dd-mon-yyyy hh24:mi:ss')  log_date,
       operation
from   dual, user_scheduler_job_log a
where  job_name = 'LONG_SLEEP'
/

ttitle "Running Job Details"

select to_char(sysdate, 'dd-mon-yyyy hh24:mi:ss') ttime,
       to_char(a.log_date, 'dd-mon-yyyy hh24:mi:ss')  log_date,
       a.additional_info
from   dual, user_scheduler_job_run_details a
where  job_name = 'LONG_SLEEP'
/

The second two queries do not return anything until the job ends.

Am i missing something here?

Chers,

Neil

Mastering Oracle Scheduler in Oracle 11g Databases
I am proud to be able to tell that finally my book "Mastering Oracle Scheduler in Oracle 11g Databases" is released. The book tries to fill the gap between the oracle manuals and the real world by providing real explanations and examples. see <http://www.packtpub.com/mastering-oracle-scheduler-in-oracle-11g- databases> for a detailed description of the book. Ronald. ...

Mastering Oracle Scheduler in Oracle 11g Databases
I am proud to be able to tell that finally my book "Mastering Oracle Scheduler in Oracle 11g Databases" is released. The book tries to fill the gap between the oracle manuals and the real world by providing real explanations and examples. see <http://www.packtpub.com/mastering-oracle-scheduler-in-oracle-11g- databases> for a detailed description of the book. Ronald. ...

Archive logs files accumulating on my Oracle log mode Database
>From what I understand is that an Oracle log mode Database is the recommended configuration for a production database. However, the problem we have is that Archive Logs files in the ..\RDBMS\ directory are accumulating daily which has implications when you have limited disk space. How should these Archive log files be maintained? ie when should they be deleted from the system? is there an automated procedure which will remove the log files on a weekly basis? I understand that there are two ways for performing a backup of the oracle database, 1) cold backup (requires the oracle database to be shutdown) 2) hot backup Should either of the above backup procedures automatically remove the archive log files once backup has been completed? Thanks in advance. James Osso wrote: >>From what I understand is that an Oracle log mode Database is the > recommended configuration for a production database. However, the Not for all production systems... Data ware houses usually are easier rebuilt than restored. Of course, apply common sense and *your* requirements. > problem we have is that Archive Logs files in the ..\RDBMS\ directory You can configure that - pfile, or spfile - depending on version. > are accumulating daily which has implications when you have limited > disk space. > > How should these Archive log files be maintained? ie when should they > be deleted from the system? is there an automated procedure which will > remove the log file...

Oracle database instance shutdown without logging in log file
oracle database instance shutdown without logging in log file. we have Oracle 10g(10.2.0.1)(HP DL380) databse server from Windows 2003 R2 for test/simulation purpose, we found that its shutting down the database sometimes unusally without any error/warning message in the SID alert log file. we observerd that the OS service for oracle is not starting the datbase server completely. Just after hitting start icon inside the services panel it displays the status "Starting", instead of "Started" and database is not in the "Open" state. So the method adopted to start the database from services as well using the "Startup" command from server manager utility. Why does this happen? On Apr 17, 12:19 pm, 7guru <7...@naver.com> wrote: > oracle database instance shutdown without logging in log file. > > we have Oracle 10g(10.2.0.1)(HP DL380) databse server from Windows > 2003 R2 for test/simulation purpose, > we found that its shutting down the database sometimes unusally > without any error/warning message in the SID alert log file. > > we observerd that the OS service for oracle is not starting the > datbase server completely. > Just after hitting start icon inside the services panel it displays > the status "Starting", instead of "Started" > and database is not in the "Open" state. > > So the method adopted to start the database from services as well > using t...

Re: Possible to run a SAS program within another SAS program?
Julie, Uhhh create a macro that simply %includes the programs you want and in what order. It would be very specific to you the creator and user, in other words right biw I can't think of a good way to pass al the info you need to the macro from the user. As you can tell the user interface would be the crucial part of this. I personally wouldnt want to have this in my production code but have written SAS programs that do nothing more than %include a list of programs. Toby Dunn From: oseithedude@GMAIL.COM Reply-To: oseithedude@GMAIL.COM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Possible to run a SAS program within another SAS program? Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 11:28:43 -0800 Hello, I have 9 SAS programs, all within the same Windows folder that I usually run at the same time - one right after the other. For convenience, is it possible to write a simple SAS program that will let me run all the programs at once or to have a program that will allow me to pick and choose which SAS programs I want to run (e.g., in the case I only want to run the first 3 and last program out of the 9 SAS programs) and which order the programs are run in? I guess what I'm really looking for is if there is a way to call another SAS program using only a couple lines of code so that, if I choose not run that program, I can just comment that code out or something like that. Let me know if this is possible, thanks!!! Julie ...

Oracle databases on a server

Re: Possible to run a SAS program within another SAS program? #3
why just last week, we discussed this: Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:01:30 -0500 Subject: Re: Running SAS programs from within a SAS program http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0511C&L=sas-l&P=R33664 Ron Fehd the %include maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov > -----Original Message----- > From: osei the dude > Hello, I have 9 SAS programs, all within the same Windows > folder that I > usually run at the same time - one right after the other. For > convenience, is it possible to write a simple SAS program > that will let > me run ...

Re: Possible to run a SAS program within another SAS program? #6
On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 22:32:49 -0800, oseithedude@GMAIL.COM wrote: >nevin.krishna@gmail.com wrote: >> You could use the %include statement to call a specified program. >> for example : >> >> %include "c:\documents and settings\nkrishna\my >> documents\macros\upcase_mac.sas"; >> >> where upcase_mac.sas is a program stored in the above path..so you >> could write an include statement for each program and then copy and >> paste them into any order you need..unless of course i am >> misunderstanding your needs..:-) >> >...

SqlSpec

Re-logging into An Oracle Database
I am working on an Access 2002/Oracle vba automated overnight process. The problem is there is one user with rights to a certian set of tables and another user with a certain set of tables. I can't run the overnight process with just one login. Currently, I am having problems with relogging into the database with a different login. Even when I enter a different userid and password into a connection string, the system seems to still use to old login and password. Is there a better way to relog into the system? Here is the connection string I am using. "ODBC;DSN=dsnname;uid=user...

Cannot log into Oracle Management Server.
When I login to the Oracle Management Server I got error screen: VTK-1000: Unable to connect to the management server puma. PLease verify that you have entered the correct host name and the status of the Oracle Mangement Server. I am running Window2000 Server and Oracle 9i downloaded from Oracle website. After installation, I create OEM repository using Enterprise Manager Configuration Assistant. Then I can login Oracle Management Server using SYSMAN/oem_temp. I was prompted to change SYS and SYSTEM password for database. I did. I don't remember if I changed the SYSMAN/oem_temp. Now I can not login Oracle Management Server anymore after I login the first time. Any help? Thank you for posting in the holidays. Happy New Year. Frank Jiang On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 11:43:08 -0800, "Frank Jiang" <frank_z_j@hotmail.com> wrote: >When I login to the Oracle Management Server I got error screen: > >VTK-1000: Unable to connect to the management server puma. PLease verify >that you have entered the correct host name and the status of the Oracle >Mangement Server. > >I am running Window2000 Server and Oracle 9i downloaded from Oracle website. >After installation, I create OEM repository using Enterprise Manager >Configuration Assistant. Then I can login Oracle Management Server using >SYSMAN/oem_temp. I was prompted to change SYS and SYSTEM password for >database. I did. I don't remember if I changed the SYSMAN/oem_temp. Now I >...

Log on from a program to resources on a server
Hi, The problem is : a user start a program on his local computer (XP) and then this program logs on to the the directory on the server (MS 2008) and work on the data files (not SQL; the user name and password are set in the program); the user has no direct access to this data - only the program; when the program ends, it logs out from the server. How can I establish a connection to the server's resources; which Win API functions allow me to log in and log out to the server ? I need not only the names of the functions (with examples) but also (first of all) huge amount of k...

install oracle database server at home
Hi I am thinking of setting up an oracle database on my home computer - possibly Oracle 9i. I am wondering what spec (in terms of RAM especially) I would need. Any assistance would be appreciated. Cheers B. Baz wrote: > Hi > > I am thinking of setting up an oracle database on my home computer - > possibly Oracle 9i. I am wondering what spec (in terms of RAM > especially) I would need. Any assistance would be appreciated. > > Cheers > B. Practical minimums: - Pentium 600 - 512M Ram - 5G free disk - NOT Windows "Home" edition (XP Home, ME ...) - Prefer Linux or perhaps Windows 2000 Pro, XP Pro It is theoretically possible to go dn to 256M RAM but that becomes more an exercise in frustration. /Hans ...

program for web server log analyser
please send me a program for performing operation such as sort,write,read,count, display for a web server log files operating system :win 98 compiler :turboc++ thank you for considering my applications G.Prabhu prabhu wrote: > please send me a program for performing operation such as > sort,write,read,count, display for a web server log files No. > operating system :win 98 No. > compiler :turboc++ No. > thank you for considering my applications You're welcome. On 31 Jan 2004 14:05:40 -0800 in comp.lang.c++, gprabhu_mdu@yah...

snap servers and suitability for oracle databases
hi I'm looking at purchasing a snap server 18000, but i'm getting conflicting messages with regards to its suitability for providing oracle storage. I'd have another machine with the oracle installation connecting to the storage either iscsi or nfs . Has anyone used any of the snap range for oracle databases ? I don't need super high perfornance, just a decent environment for development. Elaine On 4 Jan 2006 04:23:16 -0800, cmappy@hotmail.com wrote: >hi >I'm looking at purchasing a snap server 18000, but i'm getting >conflicting messages with ...

Sun server with Oracle Database crashed
Hi All, My Sun server which is running Oracle database 10.2.0.3.0 got hung and the server had also crashed. The /DBATSTDB01/oracle mount point which is mounted on slice c1t0d0s3 is 100%. It is reflecting /var/adm/messages: Aug 31 15:40:43 blrtstdba02 ufs: [ID 845546 kern.notice] NOTICE: alloc: /DBATSTDB01/oracle: file system full The root slice " / " is occupied 82 %. After the crash, although the /DBATSTDB01/oracle slice is 100% full, the system hasn't hung so far. Is the /DBATSTDB01/oracle slice is causing the system to hang or should I check for hardware issues? Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 11093692 9000920 1981836 82% / /devices 0 0 0 0% /devices ctfs 0 0 0 0% /system/ contract proc 0 0 0 0% /proc mnttab 0 0 0 0% /etc/mnttab swap 2547944 1088 2546856 1% /etc/svc/ volatile objfs 0 0 0 0% /system/object /platform/sun4u-us3/lib/libc_psr/libc_psr_hwcap1.so.1 11093692 9000920 1981836 82% /platform/sun4u-us3/lib/libc_psr.so.1 /platform/sun4u-us3/lib/sparcv9/libc_psr/libc_psr_hwcap1.so.1 11093692 9000920 1981836 82% /platform/sun4u-us3/lib/sparcv9/libc_psr.so. 1 /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s5 6050982 1646347 4344126 28% /var swap 2554304 7448 254685...

databases.oracle.server job link
http://www.jobbankdata.com http://www.jobbankdata.com/index.htm http://www.jobbankdata.com/type-of-jobs.htm http://www.jobbankdata.com/find-job.htm http://www.jobbankdata.com/result.htm http://www.jobbankdata.com/create-app.htm http://www.jobbankdata.com/create-cv.htm http://www.jobbankdata.com/interview.htm http://www.jobbankdata.com/site.htm On Mar 12, 10:29 am, "good_online_jobs" <good_online_j...@yahoo.com> wrote: > http://www.jobbankdata.comhttp://www.jobbankdata.com/index.htmhttp://www.jobbankdata.com/type-of-jobs.htmhttp://www.jobbankdata.com/find-job.htmhttp://www.jobbankdata.com/result.htmhttp://www.jobbankdata.com/create-app.htmhttp://www.jobbankdata.com/create-cv.htmhttp://www.jobbankdata.com/interview.htmhttp://www.jobbankdata.com/site.htm Would you please stop violating the newsgroup terms of use by posting this useless non-Oracle related crapola. Sites supported by such unethical postings are not work visiting. -- Mark D Powell -- ...

problem logging in through oracle management server
Hi, Im working in oracle 9i.I have a problem while logging into oracle DB server through oracle management server(OMS).I configured my management server with repository created in my local database and i was working with that.when i deleted this repository and created a new one in a separate tablespace,i cant login to my DB server through oracle managent server.It says that my login credentials are wrong.Iam using the default username (sysman/oem_temp) to login the server.when i tried restarting my management server services,it failed to start.I donno the real cause of the problem.please help me in solving this problem. Thanks, Gokil gokilarajan@gmail.com a �crit : > Hi, > Im working in oracle 9i.I have a problem while logging into oracle > DB server through oracle management server(OMS).I configured my > management server with repository > created in my local database and i was working with that. when i deleted > this repository and created a new one in a separate tablespace, How did you do that re-create ? i cant > login to my DB server through oracle managent server. It seems a little bit recursive isn't it ? It says that my > login credentials are wrong.Iam using the default username > (sysman/oem_temp) to login the server. When you use OEM to go to repository DB as target DB, you should not use OMS credentials but those you use on other target DB. when i tried restarting > my management server services,it failed to start....

Web resources about - Is it possible to obtain DBMS_SCHEDULER log id from within program being scheduled - comp.databases.oracle.server

Oracle Database - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
produced and marketed by Oracle Corporation . Larry Ellison and two friends and former co-workers, Bob Miner and Ed Oates , started a consultancy ...

Oracle Tips
Oracle News for the professional

ORACLE-BASE - Articles on Oracle 9i new features
ORACLE-BASE - Articles on Oracle 9i new features

Oracle Database 10g Performance Tuning Tips & Techniques
1 Oracle Database 10g New Features (DBA and Developer) - New Background Processes in 10g -

SpiderLabs Anterior: Oracle
The Official Blog of Trustwave's SpiderLabs - SpiderLabs is an elite team of ethical hackers at Trustwave advancing the security capabilities ...

Contact me » Eddie Awad's Blog
Contact me » Eddie Awad's Blog

OraNA » Eddie Awad's Blog
#### Oracle News Aggregator Read and monitor Oracle related blogs and news sources, all in one place. *Refresh this page to update content.* ...

Oracle Stuff » Eddie Awad's Blog
* [Oracle Bookmarklets]( * [Oracle Search Plugins for Firefox 2+ and IE7+]( * [Oracle Search Plugins for Google Chrome]( * [What's new in Oracle ...

Presentations » Eddie Awad's Blog
See How Easily You Can Improve Performance by Using These Five Data Caching Techniques [Zip - Post] Five Features You Ought to Know About the ...

About me » Eddie Awad's Blog
Hi, my name is Edward Awad. Most people call me Eddie. I have been developing applications using Oracle technologies and tools since 1994. I ...