Know about MSSQL servers oracle server??

MSSQL servers are among the most commonly used servers. But we also
know that MSSQL server security is a critical concern for most of the
database administrators. This task will become handy with the help of
Secure Auditor which is a unified digital risk management solution
capable of auditing, enforce compliance, and conduct forensics and
penetration tests on the networks. Try its full version from the link
http://www.download.com/Secure-Auditor/3000-2653-10826743.html?part=dl-SecureAud&subj=uo&tag=button
and do tell me your opinion.

alene wrote:
> MSSQL servers are among the most commonly used servers. But we also
> know that MSSQL server security is a critical concern for most of the
> database administrators. This task will become handy with the help of
> Secure Auditor which is a unified digital risk management solution
> capable of auditing, enforce compliance, and conduct forensics and
> penetration tests on the networks. Try its full version from the link
> http://www.download.com/Secure-Auditor/3000-2653-10826743.html?part=dl-SecureAud&subj=uo&tag=button
> and do tell me your opinion.

Ok. My opinion is that you are a spammer.

A rude person that insults us while asking us to be a customer.

That is a losing proposition as we will never do business with a spammer.

And every post you write in violation of your GMAIL Terms of
Service Agreement will be sent to abuse@gmail.com until such
time as they kill your account.
--
Daniel A. Morgan
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group

Server to server = Server client to server?
For a server to server connection, is the connecting server considered as a client of the accepting server or is it not? I have the following classes: Connection <--- base class of the following two ClientConnection <--- client ServerConnection <--- server ServerClientConnection <--- server as a client of another server. But then I came across something that states "A client is anything connected to a server that is not another client". Comments please... Just remember! Server ( programm ) is always listening a connections!!! - wrote: &g...

WINODS NT SERVER Oracle
I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, i.e., one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the workarounds. Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. Do same problem exist with pcAnywhere, VNC desktop, Citrix client. Thanks, Prem On 19 Feb 2004 18:38:10 -0800, premmehrotra@hotmail.com (Prem K Mehrotra) wrote: >I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing >the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service >Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, >i.e., >one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the >workarounds. Because Microsoft is Microsoft and Microsoft doesn't support the BEQ protocol used by Oracle for this purpose. The only lousy workaround is to use set local=<tns service name> prior to connecting to sql*plus in a cmd window. Also you can't use the lsnrctl program to start and stop the listener for the same reason. You need to bounce the service. > >Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console >wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. OEM? It works! Need to save the init.ora on the Oracle Enterprise Management Server, using OEM, but that is about there is. Or dump Microsux T...

How to connect from web server to Oracle server?
I am converting an applet from Sybase to Oracle and I haven't yet found information on how to accomplish the connect from the end-user's browser-running applet and the Oracle server. Our understanding is that the applet, running on end-users' PC's, can only connect to the web server which "served" the applet to the users' browsers. In our configuration, the Oracle server is a separate machine from the web server. Therefore it would appear that we will need to install some sort of middleware on the web server that will pass the Oracle traffic back and forth between the Oracle server and user's browser sessions. With the Sybase implementation we have been using the Sybase jConnect product, running on our web server, for this purpose. Will we also require such a middleware product with Oracle, and does Oracle offer such a product? Jim wrote: > I am converting an applet from Sybase to Oracle and I haven't yet > found information on how to accomplish the connect from the end-user's > browser-running applet and the Oracle server. > > Our understanding is that the applet, running on end-users' PC's, can > only connect to the web server which "served" the applet to the > users' browsers. > > In our configuration, the Oracle server is a separate machine from the > web server. Therefore it would appear that we will need to install > some sort of middleware on the web server that ...

SqlSpec

How to migrate a 24X7 DB2 server to Oracle server ?
Hi ~!! Do anyone know what software or method to migrate a 24X7 DB2 to Oracle server ? or I must close the DB2 server before I do the migration ? Thanks a lot !! cclemon cclemon wrote: > Hi ~!! > > Do anyone know what software or method to migrate a 24X7 DB2 to Oracle server ? > or I must close the DB2 server before I do the migration ? > > Thanks a lot !! > > cclemon Are you asking how you can have the DB2 server up and running and seemlessly migrate active transactions to Oracle? If so ... it isn't going to happen. Your best course of action is to pick a point-in-time where all new transactions are sent to the Oracle server and then when the last DB2 transaction terminates ... quickly migrate any recently changed transactions. -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) Pah! Impossible. Some of their transactions NEVER terminate... -- Cheers Nuno Souto wizofoz2k@yahoo.com.au.nospam "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan@x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1077908166.220643@yasure... > Your best course of action is to pick a point-in-time where all new > transactions are sent to the Oracle server and then when the last > DB2 transaction terminates ... quickly migrate any recently changed > transactions. Daniel Morgan <damorg...

Oracle Application Server Internal Server Error
Hello, We are using OAS 9.0.4.1 run on AIX 5.3 with an Oracle 10.1.0.2 DB back end running on a seperate partition of the machine. The main application is developed in house on forms6 and migrated to forms9 a couple of years ago when we moved to AIX. Since the move we get an "Internal Server Error", in the web browser, occuring randomly when users try to login to the application. Through some investigation it appears as though the OC4J_BI_Forms service becomes unresponsive for a short period of time causing the web server request to time out. Users who are logged into the system can still work but no new users can get in. Has anybody else experienced this problem? Anybody got any ideas where to start looking? We have a TAR logged with Oracle but as usual they've said that they won't help us until we go to 9.0.4.3. Which we haven't been able to do as the patching process keeps failing. Any help would be appreciated. gnscon@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > We are using OAS 9.0.4.1 run on AIX 5.3 with an Oracle 10.1.0.2 DB > back end running on a seperate partition of the machine. The main > application is developed in house on forms6 and migrated to forms9 a > couple of years ago when we moved to AIX. Since the move we get an > "Internal Server Error", in the web browser, occuring randomly when > users try to login to the application. > > Through some investigation it appears as though the OC4J_BI_Forms > ser...

Import Export between Oracle server and cache server
Hi .. Is there any tool / way to shift databases between Oracle database server and InterSystem's Cache database server. I need to export a database from oracle server to cache server with all tables with data, indexes etc. Any help / suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thanx ------ Pradeep Kumar Software Enginner ---------------------------------------------------------- What's right isn't always popular, and what's popular isn't always right. ---------------------------------------------------------- ...

Oracle DB Server and Web Server with thai support
Hi, all I have DB Server ( Sun Server act as Oracle 8i DB Server ). and I have Web Server ( Dell Server RHEL4 ES act as Web Server run apache2 + php + Zendcore for oracle ) I want to use My Application run from Web Server to Connect Oracle Server . and want to use thai support of oracle. What next i should to do more ? ::: config. httpd.conf of apache2 of Web Server ? ::: config. code of my PHP-application ? ::: config. Oracle DB Server ? ::: config. RHEL4 Server ? and i want someone tell me the detail and step to me. Please me. Thank you very much Pratchaya On 19 Feb 2006 10:25:35 -0800, "Pratchaya" <pratchaya@banana.co.th> wrote: >and i want someone tell me the detail and step to me. > >Please me. Please read the Oracle Globalization Manual, and don't ask people in this forum to abstract the manual. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA ...

looking for notes on oracle 9ias server and report server
hi, I am a DBA. currently learning oracle 9ias . I have the documentation from oracle. But it is really lengthy. I am looking for notes from where I can get a brief over view of oracle 9ias and as a adminstrator what type of role I have to perform. any pointers towards this will be helpful. thanking in advance, regards Chennakeshava Ramesh (same as ramesh_jun24) Are you going to install, configure, develop, and support stuff in 9ias or just administer it after someone else does all the above? What kinds of apps will be running in your 9ias environment and where are they from? Are they java, forms, reports, plsql? Unfortunately the 9ias environment is not one that is easily approached at a minimalist level. The configuration is not as bad as it used to be but still can be quite involved. ...

Oracle databases on a server

from sql server to oracle to ANOTHER oracle
I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax. I try to write something like SELECT * FROM LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2 but it does not work questions 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ? 2) if so, how ? thank you! On Nov 10, 10:57=A0am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. > > I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle > server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another > oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax. > > I try to write something like > > =A0SELECT * FROM > =A0 LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2 > > but it does not work > > questions > 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ? > 2) if so, how ? > > thank you! use a synonym that points to the second linked table? On Nov 10, 9:27=A0pm, onedbguru <onedbg...@yahoo.com> wrote: > On Nov 10, 10:57=A0am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > > > > I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. > > > I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle > > server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another > > oracle db. I&#...

Opening files from one server to another (connect to Apache/Oracle server)
Hi, We have a web setup where we're using two servers, one of which is using an ASP application running a SQL Server database, the other is using Oracle with Apache. Basically, we want users to be able to open files such as Adobe Acrobat PDF documents (which are stored on the Oracle server) via clicking links in pages on the other (SQL) server. We have security set up that each site requires a user ID and password to access site content, so we need to figure out how we can make the sites communicate that when the file link is clicked, the file is opened. We currently get a 404 (Forbidden) message. I've been told that there are stored settings in some header section (not sure if this would be Apache or Oracle doing this) to handle the user ID and password security, so my guess is we need info as to how we can make the sites handshake with this protocol. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Brian ...

oracle application server, ibm websphere, sun application server �T�̥i���i�H�@�Ӥ���O?

Chat Server/Server
I am wanting to setup a chat server on my sys for some friends. Could someone tell me how or direct me as to where to find out? Also use as ftp server.. Any help is appreciated. On 11 Jan 2004 08:04:46 -0800, bpanthertotem@bellsouth.net (Lee) wrote: >I am wanting to setup a chat server on my sys for some friends. Could >someone tell me how or direct me as to where to find out? Also use as >ftp server.. Any help is appreciated. Google is your friend, but I'll give you a hint - you may be looking for jabberd or ircd. From your question, it's hard to tell exactly what you're looking for... Mike- Mornings: Evolution in action. Only the grumpy will survive. ----------------------------------------------------- Please note - Due to the intense volume of spam, we have installed site-wide spam filters at catherders.com. If email from you bounces, try non-HTML, non-encoded, non-attachments. ----== Posted via Newsfeed.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =--- ...

Which oracle server ?
Hi all, I will deploy a database project to an Oracle server, but I could not figure out which version of Oracle should I get. Here is my configuration: Hardware: Dell 1750 Dual Xeon 3.2Ghz, 2GB Ram, 3x36GB Hdd on Raid 5 Operating System: Redhat Linux 9 I will deploy only 1 database for the application. Only 1 DBA will use the Oracle server when necessary. When the database once deployed, Only 1 application will reach it to read and write data. There will not be any other database in the server. The server will be used for only this purpose, nothing else. From Oracle's website, I see there are Enterprise, Standard and Standard One level of purchasing options. In this case, which should I go with ? Thank you for answers. Murtix Van Basten. On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 11:40:14 -0500, Murtix Van Basten wrote: > Hi all, > > I will deploy a database project to an Oracle server, but I could not > figure out which version of Oracle should I get. Here is my configuration: > Hardware: > Dell 1750 Dual Xeon 3.2Ghz, 2GB Ram, 3x36GB Hdd on Raid 5 > Operating System: Redhat Linux 9 > > I will deploy only 1 database for the application. Only 1 DBA will use the > Oracle server when necessary. When the database once deployed, Only 1 > application will reach it to read and write data. There will not be any > other database in the server. The server will be used for only this purpose, > nothing else. > > From Oracle's web...

oracle server
hi all i plan to install oracle personal edition in my laptop to learn forms and reports.I do have good knowledge in plsql ..i handled issues from the client side.can anyone help me in installing the oracle personal edition 1.which product i need to install from oracle website. 2 if any one have good e- book on oracle forms means please send the same to my id. thanks in advance deepa deepapandian@gmail.com wrote: > hi all > > i plan to install oracle personal edition in my laptop to learn forms > and reports.I do have good knowledge in plsql ..i handled issues from > the client side.can anyone help me in installing the oracle personal > edition > > 1.which product i need to install from oracle website. http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/reports/htdocs/faq/faq_development.htm http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/oracle10g/index.html > 2 if any one have good e- book on oracle forms means please send the > same to my id. > > thanks in advance > deepa jg -- @home.com is bogus. Bork! Bork! Bork! ...

IBM Servers, HP Servers and Sun Enterprise Servers
Eolparts a.k.a. your favorite "Sun Spot" on the internet offers you only the best services on the widest selection of brand name remanufactured computer hardware. Save up to 80% off the original list price of all Sun Products and Parts! eolparts is a premier global supplier of Sun workstations, Sun Servers and Internet infrastructure hardware. We provide our customers with the highest quality refurbished products paired with an unmatched host of professional services. Our world- class customer service is pivotal in the way we do business by putting our clients=92 needs first; we focus on the end users=92 desired result and work to make that happen in the most cost efficient manner. For more information visit at: - http://www.eolparts.com/ ...

Oracle DB to MS Sql Server DB Replication question...via Sql Server Views??
Hi, I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I've been asked to look into replication from Oracle to Sql Server. He's the situation: We have access to a remote Oracle database, but only read access (not allowed to configure or change the db). We own a Sql Server database with Views that use a link server to query the Oracle database. With this setup, is it possible to replicate the Oracle database? Can we do a replication from the Sql Server with the Views into another Sql Server database, and if we can, will it be able to only pull the delta for subsequent replications? Any tips and hints would be helpful. Pleeease! Thanx, Doemon doemon@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I've been asked to look > into replication from Oracle to Sql Server. He's the situation: > We have access to a remote Oracle database, but only read access (not > allowed to configure or change the db). > We own a Sql Server database with Views that use a link server to > query the Oracle database. > > With this setup, is it possible to replicate the Oracle database? Can > we do a replication from the Sql Server with the Views into another > Sql Server database, and if we can, will it be able to only pull the > delta for subsequent replications? > > Any tips and hints would be helpful. Pleeease! > I don't know the answer to the second question, nor your versions, but the first sh...

Web resources about - Know about MSSQL servers oracle server?? - comp.databases.oracle.server

Server farm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A server farm or server cluster is a collection of computer servers usually maintained by an enterprise to accomplish server needs far beyond ...

Review: Synology NAS, a solid backup solution and great home media server with Plex
I’ve recently been testing the brand new Synology DS-216+ NAS ($329) , a network-attached-storage product meant for consumers. Although Synology ...

HPE struggles as server market grows
The fourth quarter of 2015 saw an increase in servers shipped worldwide, compared to a year before, with revenue also rising. Those are the results ...

INSIDE HILLARY'S EMAIL SERVER: The Entire Criminal Enterprise Known as the Clinton Foundation Laid Bare ...
By America Rising It’s a well-established fact that by setting up her private email server in the basement of her New York home, Secretary Clinton ...

Clinton Email Server Technician Described As A ‘Devastating Witness’
Clinton Email Server Technician Described As A ‘Devastating Witness’

Pure Storage Takes Tip from Servers with FlashBlade Storage
All-flash storage already has optimized structured data in databases, applications and VMs. Unstructured data is set for a similar transformation. ...

New paper alleges servers, some DDR4 DRAM still vulnerable to critical Rowhammer attack
... Rowhammer exploit doesn't target software, but DRAM itself and new research confirms that this problem is still present on both high-end servers ...

'Weirdo' hair server stiffed
'Weirdo' hair server stiffed

Apple's iCloud Will Apparently Partly Run on Google's Servers
It’s not just you that needs to upgrade your iCloud storage. A new set of reports claims that Apple has had to sign up with Google’s Cloud Platform ...

Will Hillary Clinton be indicted over her private email server?
Hillary Clinton’s homebrew server has been in the news for a year at this point. With the FBI set to wrap up their investigation of potential ...