Known problems with Oracle 9.2.0.1 and Windows Server 2003 ?

On the CD of Oracle Database 9.2.0.1 is not specified that it runs on
Windows Server 2003, but i've tried and it works.
Do you know bugs or problems with this configuration?

I see that 9.2.0.3 version is Windows Server 2003 certified. Do you think
that i've to upgrade to that version?

(sorry for my english)

MariMax wrote:

> On the CD of Oracle Database 9.2.0.1 is not specified that it runs on
> Windows Server 2003, but i've tried and it works.
> Do you know bugs or problems with this configuration?
>
> I see that 9.2.0.3 version is Windows Server 2003 certified. Do you think
> that i've to upgrade to that version?
>
> (sorry for my english)

It's worth your time to upgrade as there are many fixes.  To see which,
log on to metalink and review the 'Fixes by Release' note.

Remember that if you have ANY problem, the first general response is to
upgrade to the latest version and then investigate.  "Why wait for
spring - do it now!"

(I suspect there is probably a good reason why Oracle posted a separate
download for Windows2003 Server as compared to the download for
NT/XP/2000 - make sure you have the right one.)

/Hans
0
hforbric (98)
2/18/2004 5:23:36 PM
Hans Forbrich <hforbric@yahoo.net> wrote in message news:<40339F99.48EB66EB@yahoo.net>...
> MariMax wrote:
> >
> > On the CD of Oracle Database 9.2.0.1 is not specified that it runs on
> > Windows Server 2003, but i've tried and it works.
> > Do you know bugs or problems with this configuration?
> >
> > I see that 9.2.0.3 version is Windows Server 2003 certified. Do you think
> > that i've to upgrade to that version?
> >
> > (sorry for my english)
>
> It's worth your time to upgrade as there are many fixes.  To see which,
> log on to metalink and review the 'Fixes by Release' note.
>
> Remember that if you have ANY problem, the first general response is to
> upgrade to the latest version and then investigate.  "Why wait for
> spring - do it now!"
>
> (I suspect there is probably a good reason why Oracle posted a separate
> download for Windows2003 Server as compared to the download for
> NT/XP/2000 - make sure you have the right one.)
>
> /Hans

exp.exe bug
xmldb exploit

those are enough for me.