Known problems with Oracle 9.2.0.1 and Windows Server 2003 ?

On the CD of Oracle Database 9.2.0.1 is not specified that it runs on
Windows Server 2003, but i've tried and it works.
Do you know bugs or problems with this configuration?

I see that 9.2.0.3 version is Windows Server 2003 certified. Do you think
that i've to upgrade to that version?

(sorry for my english)

MariMax wrote:

> On the CD of Oracle Database 9.2.0.1 is not specified that it runs on
> Windows Server 2003, but i've tried and it works.
> Do you know bugs or problems with this configuration?
>
> I see that 9.2.0.3 version is Windows Server 2003 certified. Do you think
> that i've to upgrade to that version?
>
> (sorry for my english)

It's worth your time to upgrade as there are many fixes.  To see which,
log on to metalink and review the 'Fixes by Release' note.

Remember that if you have ANY problem, the first general response is to
upgrade to the latest version and then investigate.  "Why wait for
spring - do it now!"

(I suspect there is probably a good reason why Oracle posted a separate
download for Windows2003 Server as compared to the download for
NT/XP/2000 - make sure you have the right one.)

/Hans
0
hforbric (98)
2/18/2004 5:23:36 PM
Hans Forbrich <hforbric@yahoo.net> wrote in message news:<40339F99.48EB66EB@yahoo.net>...
> MariMax wrote:
> >
> > On the CD of Oracle Database 9.2.0.1 is not specified that it runs on
> > Windows Server 2003, but i've tried and it works.
> > Do you know bugs or problems with this configuration?
> >
> > I see that 9.2.0.3 version is Windows Server 2003 certified. Do you think
> > that i've to upgrade to that version?
> >
> > (sorry for my english)
>
> It's worth your time to upgrade as there are many fixes.  To see which,
> log on to metalink and review the 'Fixes by Release' note.
>
> Remember that if you have ANY problem, the first general response is to
> upgrade to the latest version and then investigate.  "Why wait for
> spring - do it now!"
>
> (I suspect there is probably a good reason why Oracle posted a separate
> download for Windows2003 Server as compared to the download for
> NT/XP/2000 - make sure you have the right one.)
>
> /Hans

exp.exe bug
xmldb exploit

those are enough for me.

Pd
0
drak0nian (276)

Oracle server 9.2.0.1.0, Client 9.2.0.4.0, Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1
Hi Everybody, My Database server is running on Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1, And my Oracle version is 9.2.0.1.0. My Client mechine also Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1 , Oracle client version is 9.2.0.4.0. I am running a web application. Our application is in Magic edeveloper. I connect to Oracle using oracle gateway to my application. My Problem is my application is is becoming slow. I am not able to trace where the problem is. Before our application was running fine. recently i upgraded Oracle client version to 9.2.0.4.0. My Oracle client & server versions are different. I am getting error on my client mechine, it showing all memory address on the screen and the part of error is, arg register addr=83498cc .... Dump of memory from 0x83988c to 0x83499cc .... -- End of Call stack trace -- I am not able to trace where the problem is.Any insight please... Thanks, Ssreddy. ...

massive performance drop Oracle 9i on multi processor system (Windows Server 2003, Oracle 9i, 9.2.0.6.0)
The performance of some complex PL/SQL functions has dropped dramatically since migrating from Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.0) on Windows Server 2000 to 9i (9.2.0.6.0) on Windows Server 2003. We found out, that Oracle 9i performance on a multi processor CPU machine (our server has 4 XEON CPUs, Hyperthreading is disabled in BIOS) is highly dependent on init.ora parameters; unfortunately our trial and error approach to find the proper settings (we searched Oracle Tech Net (OTN) and google groups without success) did not help so far. We are testing performance behaviour with some business critical PL/SQL procedures that do authorization calculations for our application. Simplified these functions do a lot of inserts, deletes and selects in/from tables (being used as temp tables in lack of in memory temp table support of oracle 9i). We can monitor the progress within the stored procedure by using UTL_FILE functions to write a log file into the file system of the server; we real time monitor the log file using "tail -f". <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); [...] When setting "CPU_COUNT = 1" in init.ora the function will typically run up to 10 seconds, when setting "CPU_COUNT = 4" it will take more than 2 minutes (!!!) We experimented with the following other parameters so far: db_writer_processes (set to 4 in combination with cpu_count = 4) fast_start_parall...

oracle database 9.2.0.8 32bit and windows server 2003 64bit
Hello! What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit database? Any suggestion? Regards - MJ On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA thx. I will check Uzytkownik "sybrandb" <sybrandb@gmail.com> napisal w wiadomosci news:b5d54371-bf21-439b-85c3-ae21dafc21be@3g2000yqk.googlegroups.com... On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA On Apr 15, 5:16=A0am, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on &g...

Oracle server Upgrade from 9.0 to 9.2 on Windows 2003
Hi All, I am trying to upgrade an Oracle server running 9.0 on Win 2003. I do not want to keep 2 Oracle Homes for 9.0 and 9.2. I would rather uninstall 9.0 using oui. I will import the data from production database from export files. What will be my best (easy, hassle free) course of action: 1. Shutdown the current 9.0 instance 2. Drop the current 9.0 db 3. Uninstall the current 9.0 executibls using oui 4. Install the 9.2 executibles 5. Create new db instance 6. Import the data from export files Is this a good idea? Or should I have 2 Oracle Homes by installing 9.2 and upgrade the 9.0 db using dbua? Only problem is I cant find the dbua in the current 9.0 setup. Your advice / experience / feedback will really appreciated. Thanx in advance. Personally, I'd install 9.2 in a second Oracle Home and then upgrade the database. Once it is all done, feel free to remove the 9.0 software in that home. You'll use the DBUA in the 9.2 home, not the 9.0 one! HTH, Brian Wade Chy wrote: > > Hi All, > I am trying to upgrade an Oracle server running 9.0 on Win 2003. I do > not want to keep 2 Oracle Homes for 9.0 and 9.2. I would rather > uninstall 9.0 using oui. I will import the data from production > database from export files. What will be my best (easy, hassle free) > course of action: > > 1. Shutdown the current 9.0 instance > 2. Drop the current 9.0 db > 3. Uninstall the current 9.0 executibls using oui > 4. Install the 9.2 executibles &...

Install problems with Oracle installer 2.2 for Oracle 9i Client 9.2.0.1.0
Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong forum - I am an Oracle Newbie. Here are my computer specs : Windows 2003 - fully patch from Microsoft as of Sept 4th 2004 HP LP2000r 1 x 1,1 Gig Intel processor 1 GB RAM Hardware RAID 1, 12 GB with 8 GB freespace Clean install, no other programs. At first I tried running the Oracle installer program from the CD ROM and came up with the error that it could not find the javaw.exe program. I then tried installing and reinstalling several versions of java to no avail. Next I searched through groups.google and found the solution: 1. Copy the Oracle CD to the hard drive. I copied it to a subfolder directly to C:\Oracle9i 2. Change the file c:\oracle9i\install\ORAPARAM.INI to reflect the actual name of the directories listed in the install directories of the cd I just copied. I did this and next took out some "."s and put the absolute path to the java program and something called the "OUI_LOCATION". JRE_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdjre/13110a/1/DataFiles/Expanded OUI_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdoui/220120/1/DataFiles/Expanded Okay so good so far. This time the installer actually started. The problem occurs in the next few steps, when I click "next" (weiter in German) from the welcome screen- please understand if I translate something wrong here. Then I am shown the installation directory screen, where I select the default listed: Source : C:\Oracle...

Upgrade from Oracle 9.2.0.1 to Oracle 9.2.0.3
Hello All, I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start again? Thanks Kumu Hello Kumu, What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you experience? You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your situation. New patches can introduce new problems as you can see, Regards, Ron DBA Infopower http://www.dbainfopower.com Standard disclaimer: http://www.dbainfopower.com/dbaip_advice_disclaimer.html "kumu" <forlist2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a44abd39.0402161837.6badb9ed@posting.google.com... > Hello All, > I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or > 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? > > Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying > 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start > again? > > Thanks > Kumu "Ron" <support@dbainfopower.com> wrote in message news:<QqWdnRM_cMiwWqzdRVn-vg@comcast.com>... > Hello Kumu, > > What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you > experience? > > You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your > situation. > > New patches can introduce new...

help:How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7
How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 1-what scripts are to be used 2-Where i can find these scripts. Thnks. You can't. You can use lower version export to export higher version database. The other way around has never been possible. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA You probably have Oracle 9.2.0.1 running somewhere right, perhaps on another machine ? Set your ORACLE_HOME to 9.2.0.1 then export through sqlnet: exp username/pwd @9207instance Now you'll use the 9.2.0.1 export utility; this should work. "shahsyed" <shahsyed@gmail.com> schreef in bericht . > How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 > > 1-what scripts are to be used > 2-Where i can find these scripts. > > Thnks. Hi, I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is possible?? Thanks Alok. On 9 Aug 2005 22:05:49 -0700, alok.behria@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, > > I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is >possible?? > >Thanks >Alok. Oracle is backwards compatible provided you have the definition of backwards compatible correct. You can connect (again) *lower version client* to a *higher version database* The other way around has nothing to do with backwards compatible, though it usually works, *with the exception of export/import, AS DOCUMENTED* (but I guess no one ever reads the docs) -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Hi, ...

Connection from Oracle Developer Suite 10g 9.0.4.0.1 to Oracle DB 10g Release 10.1.0.2.0
Hi, I have installed Oracle DB 10g Release 10.1.0.2.0 on Windows XP. START->ALL PROGS->oracle-OraDb10g_home3 Location of TNSNAMES FILE: C:\oracle\product\10.1.0\db_3\NETWORK\ADMIN\TNSNAMES.ORA with two alias: 1)ORCL3 2) EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA I can logon to database via SQL*PLUS and I can log on to EM on the web as well using ORCL3. After that I installed Oracle Developer Suite 10g 9.0.4.0.1 to my the same computer. During installation it was not allowing me to install this suite to the same ORACLE home. I installed this in the following home: START->ALL PROGS->...

upgrade from oracle 9.2.0.1.0 to 9.2.0.5.0
Hi, I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for window version 32 bits, does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step doing it. many thanks leehi leehi wrote: > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, Windows NT4? W2k? W2K3? W2K3 - Release 2? Why stop ot 9.2.0.5? > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. leehi wrote: > Hi, > > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, > > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. > > many thanks > > leehi Go to metalink.oracle.com (registration and Oracle support CSI required). Click on Patches and Updates tab. Wait for the whole screen to load. Use one of the search functions to find your patch (note the Quick Links if you are getting something common, like 9206 or 9207). When you finally get to your patch download, click on the readme (the piece-of-paper icon next to the download icon). Read all the instructions. It's a good idea to read the instructions every time you do it, even (or perhaps especially) when you are comfortable doing it. The readme is usually also included with the patch. Download and unzip the patch. Look at what is there in the patch, perhaps there are additional release notes. Look around on metalink for addition...

Download Oracle 9.2 for windows 2003 server
Hi, Where can I download Oracle9.2 for windows 2003 server? On Oracle technet site there are 2 versions 32 bit and 64 bit. I think 64bit is for Itanium based server and 32 bit for other servers. But the download for 32 bit gives you 9.2.0.3 patch only and requires 9.2.0.1 and I am not able to find it there. Please help it is urgent. We use HP-UX and have software CDs for that. Thanks nhk wrote: > Hi, > > Where can I download Oracle9.2 for windows 2003 server? On Oracle > technet site there are 2 versions 32 bit and 64 bit. I think 64bit is > for Itanium based server and 32 bit for other servers. But the download > for 32 bit gives you 9.2.0.3 patch only and requires 9.2.0.1 and I am > not able to find it there. > Please help it is urgent. > We use HP-UX and have software CDs for that. > > Thanks Why 9.2.0.3? At the bare minimum 9.2.0.6. -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org I want 9.2.0.1 (oracle 9i) but the link gives only the patch for 9.2.0.3 when you unzip it. Thanks DA Morgan wrote: > nhk wrote: > > Hi, > > > > Where can I download Oracle9.2 for windows 2003 server? On Oracle > > technet site there are 2 versions 32 bit and 64 bit. I think 64bit is > > for Itanium based server and 32 bit for other servers. But the download > > for 32 bit gives you 9.2.0.3 patch only and requires 9.2....

Running ORACLE 8.1.7 & ORACLE 9.2 on the same UNIX server
Hi, I have recently installed ORACLE 9.2 Database on a UNIX server (2.8) which already has ORACLE 8.1.7. They have both a different SID and ORACLE_BASE. However I am having to use the ORACLE 8 listener for both ORACLE databases. Is it possible to run separate ORACLE 8 and ORACLE 9 listeners? Hello, There are no difficulty to use 2 listeners on the same machine. The point is that default listener used to listen on port 1521 (or 1526). You will have to change your listener configuration( netasst or by hand) in order to use a different port number, a different listener name and communicate it to your users for their tnsnames.ora. LSNR8I = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS= (PROTOCOL= TCP)(Host= machine)(Port= 1110)) ) Generally what I do is to create 1 listener per Oracle Version. After that, for starting listeners you'll have to launch lsnrctl start LSNR8I ou lsnrctl start LSNR9I I am used to name listeners with different names since 8i because you have the autoregistration stuff and with 2 listeners with the same name, you are not sure on which the database will register (or using le local_listener init parm). Regs, Olivier jonathan.johnston@bt.com (Jonathan Johnston) wrote in message news:<5e07fa5.0406080037.67d595a9@posting.google.com>... > Hi, > > I have recently installed ORACLE 9.2 Database on a UNIX server (2.8) > which already has ORACLE 8.1.7. They have both a different SID and > ...

Oracle 9.2 client installatiion on Windows 2003 server (32 bit)
I want to install this client. Went to OTN Windows Download. It shows me following files under 9201 installation for Windows 2003 32 bit Download the Complete Files OUI220180.zip (47,405,300 bytes) 9203WIN2K3.zip (181,643,734 bytes) Yet when I read release notes link on the same page, it refers to Three installation: Oracle 9.2.0.1 OUI.2.01.x.x 9.2.0.3 patch set That means I should also download Oracle 9.2.0.1 client. Oracle 9.2.0.1 client is available however only for Windows NT/2000/XP. Is XP same thing as Windows server 2003? Is Oracle 9.2.0.1 client required at all or is it included in 9203WI2K3.zip file. Thanks a lot ... Any thoughts on this. Is Windows 2003 server same thing as Windows XP for Oracle installation. A note on Metalnk says: 1. First install, Oracle 9.2.0.1 clinet using Windows 2000/NT/XP. 2. Then intsall OUT 2.0.1.x.x listed under Windows 2003. 3. Then install Oracle 9.2.0.3 or any higher level patch. Thanks. ...

Restoring Oracle 9.0.1 database from original files (server was rebuilt)
Here's my issue ... our database server was rebuilt but all the original files were backed up before the server was rebuilt. The server was shutdown correctly so I'm not worried about a bad shutdown but I've never done this before. It's on a Windows2000 box. I've reconfigured the server to the same way it was before, but I'm unsure which files and I should exclude and/or include to get the box running the way it was before. Can anyone point me in the right direction to an article that outlines how to do this? I'm more a developer than DBA, but I set up the original box and it ran great. Thanks, Joe On Mar 5, 7:01 pm, sandoval....@gmail.com wrote: > Here's my issue ... our database server was rebuilt but all the > original files were backed up before the server was rebuilt. The > server was shutdown correctly so I'm not worried about a bad shutdown > but I've never done this before. It's on a Windows2000 box. I've > reconfigured the server to the same way it was before, but I'm unsure > which files and I should exclude and/or include to get the box running > the way it was before. > > Can anyone point me in the right direction to an article that outlines > how to do this? I'm more a developer than DBA, but I set up the > original box and it ran great. > > Thanks, > Joe Define 'all the original files'. If these include your controlfiles you should be set, and ...

Windows Oracle 9.2.0.2.1
Where can I get a developer's copy of 32-bit Windows Oracle 9.2.0 and patch set 9.2.0.2.1? I tried to find it at http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oracle9i/index.html However as you can see, the only 9.2.0.2 version for Windows is the 64-bit version. Thanks, Wardell Castles Install 9.2.0.1.0, then apply patch 9.2.0.2.1. Patch can be downloaded from the metalink.oracle.com... search for Microsoft Windows 32 bit patches for 9.2.0. Regards /Rauf wardellcastles@hotmail.com (Wardell Castles) wrote in message news:<65f20689.0410080816.769c2562@posting.google.com>... > Where can I get a developer's copy of 32-bit Windows Oracle 9.2.0 and > patch set 9.2.0.2.1? > > I tried to find it at > http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oracle9i/index.html > > However as you can see, the only 9.2.0.2 version for Windows is the > 64-bit version. > > Thanks, > Wardell Castles Wardell Castles wrote: > Where can I get a developer's copy of 32-bit Windows Oracle 9.2.0 and > patch set 9.2.0.2.1? > > I tried to find it at > http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oracle9i/index.html > > However as you can see, the only 9.2.0.2 version for Windows is the > 64-bit version. > > Thanks, > Wardell Castles There is no such thing as a Developers copy and I can't imagine why you would want anything less than the current patchset. Go to http://store.oracle.com Pic...

oracle 9i (9.2.0.1.0)
Hi! when I call the oracle performance manager I get the following errors: VTM-0002: error when displaying graph java.lang.null.pointerexception at oracle.sysman.vtd.VtdCartridge.lookupClass(VtdCartridge.java:1313) ..... what is my problem? Thanks! ...

Problem installing Oracle Designer 9.0.2.0.1
Hi everyone, I installed Oracle Database 9.2.0.1.0 on Windows 2000. Now I m trying to install Designer 9.0.2.0.1 but I m getting a message at the beginning of installation and the message is : Dependencies: Oracle 9iAS cannot be installed into an existing Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 or higher Oracle Home. If somebody help I will be really appreciate it. -- Haji Syed, Hassan On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 03:18:13 GMT, "hajisyed" <hajisyed@rogers.com> wrote: >Hi everyone, > >I installed Oracle Database 9.2.0.1.0 on Windows 2000. Now I m trying to >install Designer 9.0.2.0.1 but I m getting a message at the beginning of >installation and the message is : > >Dependencies: >Oracle 9iAS cannot be installed into an existing Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 or higher >Oracle Home. > >If somebody help I will be really appreciate it. You should have installed Designer first. And you need to install Designer in a *different* Oracle home, which can be accomplished by changing Oracle home in the installer. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA ...

oracle transparent gateway for microsoft sqlserver 9.2.0.1.0 problems!
Hi! I have a sqlserver 2000 running. I also have a oracle 9.2.0.1.0 server with windows 2003 running. I installed the oracle transparent gateway for microsoft sqlserver 9.2.0.1.0 on my oracle server and changed the following oracle *.ora Files. My question: is also some other thing to do? Is something to install on my sqlserver 2000? has anybody such a configuration sucessfully running? Thanks! here are my ora files: inittg4msql.ora # This is a sample agent init file that contains the HS parameters that are # needed for the Transparent Gateway for SQL Server # # HS init parameters # HS_FDS_CONNECT_INFO="SERVER=dbserver;DATABASE=navision" HS_FDS_TRACE_LEVEL=OFF HS_FDS_RECOVERY_ACCOUNT=RECOVER HS_FDS_RECOVERY_PWD=RECOVER listener.ora # LISTENER.ORA Network Configuration File: E:\oracle\ora92\network\admin\listener.ora # Generated by Oracle configuration tools. LISTENER = (DESCRIPTION_LIST = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0)) ) (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = oratest)(PORT = 1521)) ) ) ) SID_LIST_LISTENER = (SID_LIST = (SID_DESC = (SID_NAME = PLSExtProc) (ORACLE_HOME = E:\oracle\ora92) (PROGRAM = extproc) ) (SID_DESC = (GLOBAL_DBNAME = dwdb.world) (ORACLE_HOME = E:\oracle\ora92) (SID_NAME = dwdb) ) (SID_DESC = (SID_NAME = tg4msql) (ORACLE_HOME = E:\oracle\ora92) ...

problem with dbca on Oracle 9i R2 9.2.0.1.0 Linux

Clean Install of Enterprise Edition 9.2.0.2.1 on Windows 2000 Server
We are currently having problems with our Oracle Server, which had been updated from 8.1.7 to 9i a longer time ago. We are now reaching the limits of our Installation and more often have some problem with bad blocks, crashing Oracle listener service on Windows, response time, and so on. Additionaly, we are lacking a backup und recovery strategy and getting more and more active users on our database. Once I saw some Documentation stating, on which drives and partitions - Data files - Indexes - Rollback / UNDO Tbs - Redo Logs - Archive Logs should be put to give a good performance. I slightly remember solutions, like: where to put things, if you have 2 drives, if you have 3 drives, and so on... Anyway, this would be a input requirement for our hardware acquisition. Does anybody know where i can find these Docs? I searched OTN, but did not find exactly what I was looking for. TIA, mic Michael John wrote: > We are currently having problems with our Oracle Server, which had > been updated from 8.1.7 to 9i a longer time ago. We are now reaching > the limits of our Installation and more often have some problem with > bad blocks, crashing Oracle listener service on Windows, response > time, and so on. Additionaly, we are lacking a backup und recovery > strategy and getting more and more active users on our database. > > Once I saw some Documentation stating, on which drives and partitions > - Data files > - Indexes > - Rollback / UNDO Tbs >...

Change IP address on Oracle 9i Aplication Server 1.0.2.2.2a
Hello, i'd like to know if is it possible to change IP address on win 2000 server and Oracle 9i Aplication Server 1.0.2.2.2a will work? It will be painful to reinstall everything. many thanks, Oc. Ocean wrote: > Hello, > > i'd like to know if is it possible to change IP address on win 2000 > server and Oracle 9i Aplication Server 1.0.2.2.2a will work? It will be > painful to reinstall everything. > > many thanks, > > Oc. > It's even more painful to change iAS 1.0.2.2.2a - believe me! Can't remember how, but I've managed to do it once, and it took far more time than re installation. Don't change the address - why would you? You can probably do some clever things with DNS. -- Regards, Frank van Bortel Top-posting is one way to shut me up... Thanks for tip with DNS...it's not problem with installing ias but we have some old oracle client applications from different company and all this to set up will be painfull.. regards Tilen ...

Best Way to Access remote Oracle 10.2.0.1.0 DB from a Linux server
I want to use a perl or unix script running on a linux server to access an Oracle v. 10.2.0.1.0 database on a remote machine, and process the output with the script. What is the best way to do this? I'm thinking some possible options are: install Oracle 11 cllient (assume it is backwards compatible), install the entire Oracle database v.11, or install Oracle express. Appreciate your comments. Johan Johan <johango99@yahoo.com> wrote in news:db01b8d1-577b-4310-89af- 97465a3623c3@w28g2000hsf.googlegroups.com: > I want to use a perl or unix script running on a linux server to > access an Oracle v. 10.2.0.1.0 database on a remote machine, and > process the output with the script. What is the best way to do this? > I'm thinking some possible options are: install Oracle 11 cllient > (assume it is backwards compatible), install the entire Oracle > database v.11, or install Oracle express. Appreciate your comments. > > Johan > I vote for Oracle client & PERL On Nov 17, 3:13 pm, "Ana C. Dent" <anaced...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Johan <johang...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:db01b8d1-577b-4310-89af- > 97465a362...@w28g2000hsf.googlegroups.com: > > > I want to use a perl or unix script running on a linux server to > > access an Oracle v. 10.2.0.1.0 database on a remote machine, and > > process the output with the script. What is the best way to do this? > > I'm thinking some possib...

Oracle 9.2 vs. Oracle 9.2.0.4.
I'm using SDK 1.4.2_03 either with an Oracle 9.2 or an Oracle 9.2.0.4 client version. The 9.2 version behaves as expected. My problem only occurs with the 9.2.0.4. version. If I try to process the ResultSet of database query and the selected column data includes leading blanks, the 9.2.0.4 seems to trim these leading blanks. Is this behaviour known or am I doing something wrong ? <code snippet> ResultSet result = null; Connection con = null; Statement stmt = null; Vector vec = new Vector(); try { con = DriverManager.getConnection(dbUrl, dbUser, dbPassword); stmt = con.createStatement(); result = stmt.executeQuery("SELECT DATA FROM CPTMESSAGEDATA";); while (result.next()) { vec.add(result.getString("DATA")); } con.close(); stmt.close(); } catch (SQLException e) { } </code snippet> CPTMessageData.DATA is of type VARCHAR2(50) not nullable with values like: " @20013 @E123 @G123 @ @ @ " " @3700167 @43186 @B50_300 @1 @20013 @1 @OK " Any help is appreciated. Alex ...

Oracle 10g 10.0.2 client, to connect oracle 8 server
Dear Group members, I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and 8i it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error <b> "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer supported." </b> Can i install, 2 or more version of oracle clients in same system, becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will infect my software .. process.. if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before installation .. What is the best oracle client software can suitable for most of the server's On Jul 27, 11:58=A0pm, ranganadh <ranganadhkod...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear Group members, > > =A0I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and > 8i > > it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. > when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error > > <b> =A0"ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer > supported." </b> > > Can i install, 2 or more =A0version of oracle clients in same system, > becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some > SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will > infect my software .. process.. > > if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, ...

Web resources about - Known problems with Oracle 9.2.0.1 and Windows Server 2003 ? - comp.databases.oracle.server

Puerto Rico Miss Universe Kristhielee Caride stripped of title over 'attitude problem'
Puerto Rico's 2016 Miss Universe contestant has been stripped of her crown after officials said she had an attitude problem.

Things I Didn’t Know Were Problems
Pigeons and tawny crazy ants. Who knew? Here’s something that might be a problem: Would you be alarmed if your smallish freshwater fish tank ...

Casa de Oro residents fight problems in community - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel ...
Concerned residents in Casa de Oro continued their fight against illegal pot shops Thursday as they continue to see several pop up along Campo ...

Researchers Crack 50-Year-Old Nuclear Waste Problem
Researchers from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill have cracked a 50-year-old nuclear waste problem that will make nuclear storage ...

Alphabet plans analytics platform to help cities solve traffic problems
Sidewalks Labs, a unit of Google parent-company Alphabet, is teaming up with the U.S. Department of Transportation to build a data and analytics ...

Report: Obama Pushes Donors To Back Hillary Despite Authenticity Problems
Report: Obama Pushes Donors To Back Hillary Despite Authenticity Problems

Turkish public says refugees EU’s problem, does not care about deal
Many members of the public consider the ongoing refugee crisis to be a problem for the EU and do not give much importance to a deal between Ankara ...

It Looks Like A Bunch Of White Sox Players Had A Problem With Adam LaRoche's Teen Son
The continuing controversy over Adam LaRoche retiring because the White Sox wouldn’t let his teen son Drake hang out in the clubhouse every ...