link errors when trying to install 9.2 client under Mandrake 9.2

I don't need to install all of Oracle, just the client parts.
I found the installation docs for Mandrake 9.1 at Dizwell. I hope they
work under MDK 9.2.

I followed all of the setup for the oracle and dba groups and users and I've updated the oracle user .bashrc

During the client install process I get this linking error:
Error in invoking target ntcontab.o of makefile /u01/app/oracle/9i/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk

Help!
0
jfox (9)

Jeff Fox <jfox@airmail.net> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.01.20.18.28.40.367445@airmail.net>...
> I don't need to install all of Oracle, just the client parts.
> I found the installation docs for Mandrake 9.1 at Dizwell. I hope they
> work under MDK 9.2.
>
> I followed all of the setup for the oracle and dba groups and users and I've updated the oracle user .bashrc
>
> During the client install process I get this linking error:
> Error in invoking target ntcontab.o of makefile /u01/app/oracle/9i/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk

And because you (as everyone should), before posting to this
newsgroup, wanted to solve your problem by only your effort without
bothering us, you for sure tried to find out what was the problem with
this file (e.g. if it existed, how looks that line in makefile etc.).
So why you didn't share these information with us?

--
Dusan Bolek
0

Oracle server 9.2.0.1.0, Client 9.2.0.4.0, Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1
Hi Everybody, My Database server is running on Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1, And my Oracle version is 9.2.0.1.0. My Client mechine also Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1 , Oracle client version is 9.2.0.4.0. I am running a web application. Our application is in Magic edeveloper. I connect to Oracle using oracle gateway to my application. My Problem is my application is is becoming slow. I am not able to trace where the problem is. Before our application was running fine. recently i upgraded Oracle client version to 9.2.0.4.0. My Oracle client & server versions are different. I am getting error on my client mechine, it showing all memory address on the screen and the part of error is, arg register addr=83498cc .... Dump of memory from 0x83988c to 0x83499cc .... -- End of Call stack trace -- I am not able to trace where the problem is.Any insight please... Thanks, Ssreddy. ...

Install problems with Oracle installer 2.2 for Oracle 9i Client 9.2.0.1.0
Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong forum - I am an Oracle Newbie. Here are my computer specs : Windows 2003 - fully patch from Microsoft as of Sept 4th 2004 HP LP2000r 1 x 1,1 Gig Intel processor 1 GB RAM Hardware RAID 1, 12 GB with 8 GB freespace Clean install, no other programs. At first I tried running the Oracle installer program from the CD ROM and came up with the error that it could not find the javaw.exe program. I then tried installing and reinstalling several versions of java to no avail. Next I searched through groups.google and found the solution: 1. Copy the Oracle CD to the hard drive. I copied it to a subfolder directly to C:\Oracle9i 2. Change the file c:\oracle9i\install\ORAPARAM.INI to reflect the actual name of the directories listed in the install directories of the cd I just copied. I did this and next took out some "."s and put the absolute path to the java program and something called the "OUI_LOCATION". JRE_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdjre/13110a/1/DataFiles/Expanded OUI_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdoui/220120/1/DataFiles/Expanded Okay so good so far. This time the installer actually started. The problem occurs in the next few steps, when I click "next" (weiter in German) from the welcome screen- please understand if I translate something wrong here. Then I am shown the installation directory screen, where I select the default listed: Source : C:\Oracle...

Setting file permission error on Oracle 9.2 installation on RedHat 9.0 #2
Hi, On installing Oracle 9.2 on RedHat 9.0 and AS 2.1, I encounterd the same following error: Error in setting permissions on file/directory /opt/oracle/jre/1.1.8/LICENSE Could someone tell me why it happened and how to fix it? Your help is much appreciated. Thanks, Rob ...

from oracle 9.2.04 to oracle 9.2.05
i'm a newbie, i'd like to guess if anybody knows how can I upgrade my oracle 9.2.04 to 9.2.05. My java_pool_size, shared_pool_size are under 150 MB. How can I set this value? Bye and thx a lot. jakko1982 wrote: > i'm a newbie, i'd like to guess if anybody knows how can I upgrade my > oracle 9.2.04 to 9.2.05. > My java_pool_size, shared_pool_size are under 150 MB. How can I set > this value? > > Bye and thx a lot. 1) Goto http://metalink.oracle.com and download the 9.2.0.5 patchset. You can also goto 9.2.0.6. Patch installation documentation comes with it. Make sure you review the documentation before applying the patchset. 2) Goto http://tahiti.oracle.com and review the "Initialization Parameter" section. If you are using spfile (Server Parameter File) then you can change these parameters online. Search for "spfile" keyword and goto "Administrator's Guide". If you are not using spfile then you need to locate the database init.ora file, modify the parameter values and bounce the database. Regards /Rauf sorry, but I use Spfile. I've searched Spfile keyword and I read the administrator's guide. and now? sorry but Im a newbye jakko1982 wrote: > sorry, but I use Spfile. I've searched Spfile keyword and I read the > administrator's guide. > > and now? sorry but Im a newbye Did you read under heading "Managing Initialization Parameters Using a Server Parameter File"...

Mandrake 9.1 and Oracle 9i (9.2) Error
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has sucessfully installed Oracle 9i (9,2) on a Mandrake System 9.1. Even after reading the manuals carefully and setting the environment, I can not get the installer to install. The installer returns an error like 'cannot execute binary at line 58'. That is it. Is this a java problem? I am using jdk118_v3 under /usr/local. Any sugesstions are appreciated. Thanks. Steve "Steve" <bej@surfeu.de> wrote in message news:935deaed825196d04b9404f20237c7ae@news.teranews.com... > Hi, > > I was wondering if anyone has sucessfully installed Oracle 9i (9,2) on a > Mandrake System 9.1. Even after reading the manuals carefully and setting the > environment, I can not get the installer to install. The installer returns > an error like 'cannot execute binary at line 58'. That is it. Is this a java > problem? I am using jdk118_v3 under /usr/local. Any sugesstions are > appreciated. > > Thanks. > > Steve There is a paper on how to install 9.2 on Mandrake 9.1 at my website, www.dizwell.com. The install is not difficult. Additional JDKs can certainly throw the issue, though. There is *no* need to install extraneous Java resources, because all that are needed are included on the installation CDs themselves. Regards HJR Have a look at Howard's white paper in www.dizwell.com? -- Cheers Nuno Souto wizofoz2k@yahoo.com.au.nospam "Steve" <bej@surfeu.de> wrote in message new...

After installation of Oracle 9.2. The Login in Oracle Management Server creates the error: VTK-1000
Hello, I can't local login in Oracle Management Server after installation of Oracle 9.2. Where I can look the right name and status the Oracle Management Server? My Database ----------- Host-Name: PRG1 Port-Number: 1521 SID: TEST Net Service Name: TEST.PZCS.LOCAL TNS-Descriptor: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=prg1)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=test))) Silly question maybe: You did verify whether the Oracle Management Service is actually running? --- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA Hello, how I can detect, whether the Oracle Management running? I use W2k. My Oracle Services --- OracleMTSRecoveryService OracleOraHome92Agent OracleOraHome92ClientCache OracleOraHome92HTTPServer OracleOraHome92PagingServer OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerEncapsulator OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerMasterAgent OracleOraHome92TNSListener OracleServiceTEST Best Regards Wolfram Hubert wolfram.hubert@web.de wrote: >Hello, > >how I can detect, whether the Oracle Management running? I use W2k. > >My Oracle Services >--- >OracleMTSRecoveryService >OracleOraHome92Agent >OracleOraHome92ClientCache >OracleOraHome92HTTPServer >OracleOraHome92PagingServer >OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerEncapsulator >OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerMasterAgent >OracleOraHome92TNSListener >OracleServiceTEST > >Best Regards > >Wolfram Hubert Is there a OMS set up and are you entering the correct connection info for it ( it IS NOT...

Installing patchset 9.2.0.8 on 9.2.0.1 error
The following running services need to be shutdown before continuing: Automatic Updates Background Intelligent Transfer Server COM+ Event System Cryptographic Services DCOM Server Process Launcher DHCP Client DNS Client Distributed Link Tracking Client Error Reporting Service Help and Support Messenger Network Connections Network Location Awareness(NLA) Remote Access Connection Manager Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Remote Registry Secondary Logon Server Shell Hardware Detection System Event Notification System Restore Service TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper Task Scheduler Telephony Terminal Services Themes WebClient Windows Audio Windows Management Instrumentation Windows Time Wireless Zero Configuration Workstation What should I do, while installing patchset 9.2.0.8 on WINDOWS XP, I am getting above error. "peter" <hhh.database@gmail.com> schreef in bericht news:1168424525.937552.232840@k58g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > The following running services need to be shutdown before continuing: > > Automatic Updates > Background Intelligent Transfer Server > COM+ Event System > Cryptographic Services > DCOM Server Process Launcher > DHCP Client > DNS Client > Distributed Link Tracking Client > Error Reporting Service > Help and Support > Messenger > Network Connections > Network Location Awareness(NLA) > Remote Access Connection Manager > Remote Procedure Call (RPC) > Remote Registry > Secondary Logon > Server ...

Moving a single instance 9.2.0.7 database to a clustered 9.2.0.6 database environment #2
HI, I have the following situation: We have Veritas cluster setup , and there are 2 solaris servers on which VCS is set up. On this set up we have about 8 databases all of which are 9.2.0.6 version. Now we have one stand alone solaris server, and it has a 9.2.0.7 database. This database is for a third party application -Clear Case & Clear Quest. Now it is required to move the single instance database to clustered environment. Since in the clustered environment we have 9.2.0.6 version, is it AT ALL POSSIBLE to move this database, which is 9.2.0.7 to that enviroment? I guess not, and in that case, what are the options? - since this is a packaged application , so should be contact the vendor and ask them whether we can downgrade the database to 9.2.0.6? - is that a valid option? Are there other options? (upgrading the existing 9.2.0.6 database to make all of them 9.2.0.7 is not allowed.) With thanks, Nirav ...

[ODBC, Windows] How to install the 9.2.0.65 ODBC driver on a 9.2 client?
Hi, I'm using the 9.2 Windows client software and would like to upgrate to the 9.2.0.65 ODBC driver (currently using 9.2.0.54). Now, does anyone know how to install the driver update? The problem is that the Oracle Installer that came with the 9.2 client (OUI version 2.2) can't install the new driver, it says something like "temporary storage requires Installer version 2.3.0.5.0a or higher". I tried the latest installer (the 10g one from patch 4437633), which can't install the new ODBC driver since it requires a products.xml file but the driver only has products.jar; trying that, the Installer tells me to use "OUI 2.3.x or previous". Oracle Support then adviced me to use the latest 2.2 installer, version 2.2.0.18 from patch 2878462. As expected, it failed with the same error message as the original 2.2 installer I tried before. According to Oracle Support, OUI 2.3 doesn't exist: 2.2.0.18 was followed by 10g immediately. So, does anyone know how the 9.2.0.65 ODBC driver can be installed with the 9.2 client software? Thanks for any help W. R�sler Wolfram Roesler wrote: > Hi, > > I'm using the 9.2 Windows client software and would like to upgrate > to the 9.2.0.65 ODBC driver (currently using 9.2.0.54). Now, does > anyone know how to install the driver update? The problem is that the > Oracle Installer that came with the 9.2 client (OUI version 2.2) > can't install the new driver, it says something like &quo...

Setting file permission error on Oracle 9.2 installation on RedHat 9.0
Hi, On installing Oracle 9.2 on RedHat 9.0 and AS 2.1, I encounterd the same following error: Error in setting permissions on file/directory /opt/oracle/jre/1.1.8/LICENSE Could someone tell me why it happened and how to fix it? Your help is much appreciated. Thanks, Rob "Rob Green" <rgbg6808@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e050fe5b.0311040942.31347436@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > On installing Oracle 9.2 on RedHat 9.0 and AS 2.1, I encounterd the > same following error: > > Error in setting permissions on file/directory > /opt/oracle/jre/1.1.8/LICENSE > > Could someone tell me why it happened and how to fix it? Your help is > much appreciated. > > Thanks, > Rob Make sure oracle has write permissions to that directory. Usually /opt is owned by root, so to get around this make oracle part of the group that root has assigned to that directory. "paddy_nyr" <mpprpp@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<bo8tm8$1bqknp$1@ID-196946.news.uni-berlin.de>... > "Rob Green" <rgbg6808@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:e050fe5b.0311040942.31347436@posting.google.com... > > Hi, > > > > On installing Oracle 9.2 on RedHat 9.0 and AS 2.1, I encounterd the > > same following error: > > > > Error in setting permissions on file/directory > > /opt/oracle/jre/1.1.8/LICENSE > > > > Could someone tell me why it happened and how to fix it...

Upgrade from Oracle 9.2.0.1 to Oracle 9.2.0.3
Hello All, I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start again? Thanks Kumu Hello Kumu, What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you experience? You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your situation. New patches can introduce new problems as you can see, Regards, Ron DBA Infopower http://www.dbainfopower.com Standard disclaimer: http://www.dbainfopower.com/dbaip_advice_disclaimer.html "kumu" <forlist2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a44abd39.0402161837.6badb9ed@posting.google.com... > Hello All, > I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or > 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? > > Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying > 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start > again? > > Thanks > Kumu "Ron" <support@dbainfopower.com> wrote in message news:<QqWdnRM_cMiwWqzdRVn-vg@comcast.com>... > Hello Kumu, > > What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you > experience? > > You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your > situation. > > New patches can introduce new...

Oracle 9i (9.2.0.1.0) Install link errors
Greetings: I'm trying to install Oracle 9i Enterprise Server and Client on a 64 bit Solaris 8 machine. I encountering link errors as follows: Calling action unixActions2.2.0.6.0 make installMakePath = /usr/ccs/bin/make installMakeFileName = /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk installTarget = ntcontab.o installArguments = ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0, undoMakeFileName = null undoTarget = null undoArguments = null logFile = /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0/install/make.log Exception thrown from action: make Exception Name: MakefileException Exception String: Error in invoking target ntcontab.o of makefile /opt/oracle/pr oduct/9.2.0.1.0/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk Exception Severity: 1 This was while the OUI was trying to execute the following make command: /usr/ccs/bin/make -f ins_net_client.mk ntcontab.o ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0 I can actucally manully execute this on the command line and it seems to work but I'm sure not properly since I'm sure there are some paths that it needs which would have normaly been set in the install script. I believe I have something not set properly prior to starting the Oracle Universal Installer but I'm not sure what (i.e., environment variable, or compiler option). Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers! On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 18:59:29 GMT, "Joseph Dimech" <joe@tsc-corp.com> wrote: &...

Oracle 9.2 vs. Oracle 9.2.0.4.
I'm using SDK 1.4.2_03 either with an Oracle 9.2 or an Oracle 9.2.0.4 client version. The 9.2 version behaves as expected. My problem only occurs with the 9.2.0.4. version. If I try to process the ResultSet of database query and the selected column data includes leading blanks, the 9.2.0.4 seems to trim these leading blanks. Is this behaviour known or am I doing something wrong ? <code snippet> ResultSet result = null; Connection con = null; Statement stmt = null; Vector vec = new Vector(); try { con = DriverManager.getConnection(dbUrl, dbUser, dbPassword); stmt = con.createStatement(); result = stmt.executeQuery("SELECT DATA FROM CPTMESSAGEDATA";); while (result.next()) { vec.add(result.getString("DATA")); } con.close(); stmt.close(); } catch (SQLException e) { } </code snippet> CPTMessageData.DATA is of type VARCHAR2(50) not nullable with values like: " @20013 @E123 @G123 @ @ @ " " @3700167 @43186 @B50_300 @1 @20013 @1 @OK " Any help is appreciated. Alex ...

Oracle 10.1.0.3 client(64 bits) linking error on SuSe 9.2
Hi All, Has anyone successfully install Oracle 10.1.0.3 (64 bits) on a linux SuSe 9.2? Let me give you my host's configuration and then I will show you the error message: HOST: test2 OS: GNU/Linux RELEASE: SuSE Linux 9.2 (x86-64) VERSION: 9.2 KERNEL_RELEASE: 2.6.8-24.14-smp KERNEL_VERSION: #1 SMP Tue Mar 29 09:27:43 UTC 2005 CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz CPU_COUNT: 4 PROCESSOR_TYPE: x86_64 RAM: 2054752 kB LAST_PATCHED: *auto* Oracle error is: Error in invoking target 'ntcontab.o' of makefile '/nfs/netapp/nethome/oracle/product/10.1.0-64bit/10.1.0/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk At the time of "linking"? test2 /nethome/oracle> echo $PATH /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/bin:/usr/games:/opt/gnome/bin echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH: Undefined variable. Do I need LD_LIBRARY_PATH?? Thank in advance, Dom In article <1121991428.111204.300430@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "dominica@gmail.com" <dominica@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Has anyone successfully install Oracle 10.1.0.3 (64 bits) on a linux > SuSe 9.2? > > Let me give you my host's configuration and then I will show you the > error message: > > HOST: test2 > OS: GNU/Linux > RELEASE: SuSE Linux 9.2 (x86-64) > VERSION: 9.2 > KERNEL_RELEASE: 2.6.8-24.14-smp > KERNEL_VERSION: #1 SMP Tue Mar 29 09:27:43 UTC 2005 > CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz ...

help:How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7
How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 1-what scripts are to be used 2-Where i can find these scripts. Thnks. You can't. You can use lower version export to export higher version database. The other way around has never been possible. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA You probably have Oracle 9.2.0.1 running somewhere right, perhaps on another machine ? Set your ORACLE_HOME to 9.2.0.1 then export through sqlnet: exp username/pwd @9207instance Now you'll use the 9.2.0.1 export utility; this should work. "shahsyed" <shahsyed@gmail.com> schreef in bericht . > How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 > > 1-what scripts are to be used > 2-Where i can find these scripts. > > Thnks. Hi, I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is possible?? Thanks Alok. On 9 Aug 2005 22:05:49 -0700, alok.behria@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, > > I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is >possible?? > >Thanks >Alok. Oracle is backwards compatible provided you have the definition of backwards compatible correct. You can connect (again) *lower version client* to a *higher version database* The other way around has nothing to do with backwards compatible, though it usually works, *with the exception of export/import, AS DOCUMENTED* (but I guess no one ever reads the docs) -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Hi, ...

Moving a single instance 9.2.0.7 database to a clustered 9.2.0.6 database environment
HI, I have the following situation: We have Veritas cluster setup , and there are 2 solaris servers on which VCS is set up. On this set up we have about 8 databases all of which are 9.2.0.6 version. Now we have one stand alone solaris server, and it has a 9.2.0.7 database. This database is for a third party application -Clear Case & Clear Quest. Now it is required to move the single instance database to clustered environment. Since in the clustered environment we have 9.2.0.6 version, is it AT ALL POSSIBLE to move this database, which is 9.2.0.7 to that enviroment? I guess not, and in that case, what are the options? - since this is a packaged application , so should be contact the vendor and ask them whether we can downgrade the database to 9.2.0.6? - is that a valid option? Are there other options? (upgrading the existing 9.2.0.6 database to make all of them 9.2.0.7 is not allowed.) Again thanks a lot for the kind help.. Nirav nirav wrote: > HI, > > I have the following situation: > > We have Veritas cluster setup , and there are 2 solaris servers on > which VCS is set up. On this set up we have about 8 databases all of > which are 9.2.0.6 version. > > Now we have one stand alone solaris server, and it has a 9.2.0.7 > database. This database is for a third party application -Clear Case & > Clear Quest. > > Now it is required to move the single instance database to clustered > environment. > > Since in the cl...

optimizer_features_enable difference between 9.2.0.1/9..2.0.3/9.2.0.6?
Hi, All, I noticed for this parameter optimizer_features_enable , oracle document says: Syntax OPTIMIZER_FEATURES_ENABLE = {8.0.0 | 8.0.3 | 8.0.4 | 8.0.5 | 8.0.6 | 8.0.7 | 8.1.0 | 8.1.3 | 8.1.4 | 8.1.5 | 8.1.6 | 8.1.7 | 9.0.0 | 9.0.1 | 9.2.0} I noticed when I keep it default to 9.2.0 in init.ora, in version 9.2.0.3 and 9.2.0.5 with exact same database and exact same init.ora, oracle CBO did choose different plan. So there is some difference between 9.2.0.X versioin for the CBO. Where can we get such information about the difference? Thanks On 12 Jul 2005 23:37:28 -0700, "chao_ping" <zhuchao@gmail.com> wrote: > So there is some difference between 9.2.0.X versioin for the CBO. >Where can we get such information about the difference? Usually such things are outlined either in the release notes or in the new features documents. Documents that obviously no one reads. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA "chao_ping" <zhuchao@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1121236648.759298.79320@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, All, > I noticed for this parameter optimizer_features_enable , oracle > document says: > Syntax > OPTIMIZER_FEATURES_ENABLE = {8.0.0 | 8.0.3 | 8.0.4 | 8.0.5 | 8.0.6 | > 8.0.7 | 8.1.0 | 8.1.3 | 8.1.4 | 8.1.5 | 8.1.6 | 8.1.7 | 9.0.0 | 9.0.1 | > 9.2.0} > > > I noticed when I keep it default to 9.2.0 in init.ora, in version > 9.2.0.3 and 9.2.0.5 with exact same database and...

Mandrake 9.1 and 9.2 install problem
Hi: I am using a K7VMM motherboard with AMD Althon 1600+(speed 1400), got 128MB 133MHz FBS memory. Graphics card, network card, sound card is onboard. I tried to install Mandrake 9.1, but it halts at very beginning of booting. So I tried with F1 and text mode, and found following boot message. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with it? Found and enabled local APIC! Initializing CPU#0 Detected 1400.082Mhz proccsor Console: colour VGA 80x25 .... .... .... checking 'hlt' init checking popad bug is ok enabled ExtINT on CPU#0 ESR value before enabling vector:0000002 It halt the sys...

Oracle 9.2 Database
I have just installed Oracle 9.2 Enterprise Edition database on Windows XP. After instalation i opened console manager i and I wanted to log into the database (the one created during instalation process) "Database Connect Information" windows shows up and I enter: Username:system Password:manager (that was the default password as far as I remember) Service:ORCL Connect as:Normal and it replies: ORA-12541: TNS:brak procesu nas�uchu Any ideas?? Hi Go into the services and check to see if the listener is running. Alistair "Pawe�" <pmg3NO@SPAMop.pl> wrote in message news:5jrgay4gu2uz$.dlg@okozaoko.pl... > I have just installed Oracle 9.2 Enterprise Edition database on Windows XP. > > After instalation i opened console manager i and I wanted to log into > the database (the one created during instalation process) > "Database Connect Information" windows shows up and I enter: > > Username:system > Password:manager (that was the default password as far as I remember) > Service:ORCL > Connect as:Normal > > and it replies: > ORA-12541: TNS:brak procesu nas�uchu > > Any ideas?? Dnia Wed, 2 Jun 2004 10:46:10 +0100, Alistair Thomson napisa�(a): > Hi > > Go into the services and check to see if the listener is running. I run LSNRCTL checked status it showed it's not running so I typed start and it worked :-))) Anyway thanks. ...

RE: diff. between 9.3.2 and 9.2.6 #2
I have gotten BIND-9.3.2 running on an AIX 5.3 host in a chroot jail after a week or two of attempts. The biggest issue I ran into were permissions inside the jail and ensuring that there was a /tmp in the jail that the user named was running under could write to. Also make sure that you config files are in the correct place for BIND-9.3.2 and that the user named is running under can read them. If you compiled from source with no options, named will look for named.conf in /usr/local/etc/ so you either need a link to /etc/named.conf or move the config file to /usr/local/etc/. Of course if you have BIND running in a chroot all of this is relative to the jailed directory... Justin Dixon justin.dixon@bbandt.com -----Original Message----- From: bind-users-bounce@isc.org [mailto:bind-users-bounce@isc.org] On Behalf Of Chris Buxton Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 16:32 To: Jaap Akkerhuis Cc: pui ming Wong; comp-protocols-dns-bind@isc.org Subject: Re: diff. between 9.3.2 and 9.2.6 On Jul 28, 2006, at 12:33 PM, Jaap Akkerhuis wrote: > > Since your configuration worked with 9.2.6, the only thing I > know of > that would cause 9.3.2 to fail, given the exact same command line > parameters as you used with 9.2.6, is that 9.3 re-implements > syntax > checking. So if you, for example, used an underscore in any of > your > zones, or any other invalid character, BIND 9.2 wouldn't mind, but > ...

int((9.2-9.0)*10) is 1, int((9.21-9.0)*10) is 2, why?
Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Feb 21 2008, 13:11:45) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on win32 The following line of code describes an funny question$B!'(B >>> int((9.2-9.0)*10) 1 >>> int((9.21-9.0)*10) 2 >>> int((9.1-9.0)*10) 0 >>> int((9.11-9.0)*10) 1 >>> int((8.2-8.0)*10) 1 >>> int((8.23-8.0)*10) 2 why? anybody can explain it? On Sep 5, 11:12 pm, bcm <bluecrysta...@gmail.com> wrote: > Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Feb 21 2008, 13:11:45) [MSC v.1310 32 bit > (Intel)] on win32 > The following line of code describes an funny que...

Oracle 9.2.0.1 installation on Solaris 9
Hello all, I have installed 'enterprise editon' of 64-bit Oracle 9i(9.2.0.1) on a solaris 9 machine. I use the library(libclntst9.a) from this installation to link my OCI code. But I am facing symbol referencing errors as follows: ------- kolacbktab /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(kola.o) kpupftv7 /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(ttcdrv.o) kgupntb /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(kgupi.o) slxlobc /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(lxinitc.o) slxlobj /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(lxinitc.o) kpupft /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(kpuini.o) lpmiftfs /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(lpmpgif.o) ncrov /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(kgupn.o) ldxpmxa /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(ldxsti.o) slxlcbk /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(lxinitc.o) kpudft /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(kpuini.o) lxsftb /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(lxocmpst.o) ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to .... ------- This code used to work fine when I was using Oracle 8.1.7 with libclntst8.a While trying to look for solutions I observed that another machine which also has Oracle 9.2.0.1 installed has a libclntst9.a with a larger size. If I use the library from this second machine the OCI code compiles without errors The on...

Gray OS 9.2.2 install disk #2
Tim Miller Michelle Steiner wrote: > > If the grey disk set works, it will work; if it doesn't, it won't allow > you to install at all, so you run no risk of danger by trying to install > it. > > I believe that it won't work, and that you should report the seller to > eBay for fraud if it doesn't work. > Hi. Different screen name, still me -- Tim Miller -- I had to post thru Google or Yahoo or something because I can't get my DSL to connect to Usenet. (Does anybody know what the correct news server name is, if I get my internet access from ...

Re: Very odd errors from bind 9.2.2 #2
Ok, turns out you were right: On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 Mark_Andrews@isc.org wrote: > > Suddenly, with _no change in configuration_, I am seeing these three > > errors in /var/log/messages every time I HUP my named process: > > > > Oct 24 22:56:38 ns1 named[8255]: dns_master_load: /etc/namedb/s/.:1: > > unexpected end of line > > Oct 24 22:56:38 ns1 named[8255]: dns_master_load: /etc/namedb/s/.:1: > > unexpected end of input > > Oct 24 22:56:38 ns1 named[8255]: zone ./IN: loading master file > > /etc/namedb/s/.: unexpected end of input > > > > This confuses me greatly, as the file it seems to be telling me there is a > > problem with is: > > > > /etc/namedb/s/. > > > > which is essentially: > > > > /etc/namedb/s/ > > > > Any thoughts ? > > Have you looked in named.conf for the entry for the zone "."? > My bet is that you will find that file is set to "/etc/namedb/s/.". > Note directories are just special purpose files. The can be read. I do indeed have this in my named.conf: zone "." { type slave; masters { 1.2.3.4; }; file "/etc/namedb/s/."; allow-query { any; }; }; Should I remove this entirely, or should I change it ? If I should change it, what should I change it to ? thanks! ...

Web resources about - link errors when trying to install 9.2 client under Mandrake 9.2 - comp.databases.oracle.server

Mandrake the Magician - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mandrake the Magician is a syndicated newspaper comic strip , created by Lee Falk (before he created The Phantom ). Its publication began June ...

Mandrake Girls on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Mandrake Girls. Download Mandrake Girls and enjoy it on your iPhone, ...

"You know when fluoridation began?...1946. 1946, Mandrake."
"How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into ...

Mandrake, have you ever seen a commie with a glass of water?
Mandrake, have you ever seen a commie with a glass of water? by digby Michelle Obama is encouraging people to drink more water. And the right ...

Warner Bros. Plots 'Mandrake the Magician' Movie (Exclusive)
Warner Bros. is conjuring up Mandrake the Magician, picking up the movie rights to the classic comic strip with Atlas Entertainment producing. ...

mandrake root tattoo - Imgur
by Andre Garcia - Side Show Studios - Sacramento CA

Warner Bros. Bringing Mandrake The Magician To The Big Screen In Contemporary Flavored Makeover
Well, this marks the second big move in two days from Warner Bros. , which seems to be deviating from the gameplan of safe plays and taking on ...

Film Lore, Dark 'N Stormies, & Killer Prose: Black Clock 15 Reading at The Mandrake
Housed in the elusive, demarked Mandrake bar, idling among its wood paneled walls, writers sipped martinis and Dark ‘N Stormies as projected ...

Lee Falk; Created 'The Phantom,' 'Mandrake the Magician' Comics
Lee Falk, the comic strip author who created "Mandrake the Magician" and "The Phantom," the first masked comic book hero, died Saturday in New ...

Baby Mandrake Dolls
... props and sculptures. The latter category is the most interesting. He makes baby anthropomorphic versions of plants, such as these mandrake ...