Linking Oracle 8.0.5 and SQL Server 2000

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to update a table in SQL Server 2000 (NT) from
Oracle 8.0.5 (NT).
I cannot find Heterogeneous Services for 8.0.5 (it comes with 8.1.6 or
later?),
what would be the best approach to do this?

Thanks in advance!
Taka

0
tkajiyama (1)

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 16:15:25 GMT, "Taka" <tkajiyama@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm trying to find a way to update a table in SQL Server 2000 (NT) from
>Oracle 8.0.5 (NT).
>I cannot find Heterogeneous Services for 8.0.5 (it comes with 8.1.6 or
>later?),
>what would be the best approach to do this?
>
>Thanks in advance!
>Taka

Upgrade to something supported in the current century.
You could of course always dump the data to an interim csv file.
There is a similar product for 8.0, Oracle Transparent Gateway, but I
don't think Oracle will give you that.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
0