Moving a single instance 9.2.0.7 database to a clustered 9.2.0.6 database environment

HI,

I have the following situation:

We have Veritas cluster setup , and there are 2 solaris servers on
which VCS is set up. On this set up we have about 8 databases all of
which are 9.2.0.6 version.

Now we have one stand alone solaris server, and it has a 9.2.0.7
database. This database is for a third party application -Clear Case &
Clear Quest.

Now it is required to move the single instance database to clustered
environment.

Since in the clustered environment we have 9.2.0.6 version, is it AT
ALL POSSIBLE to move this database, which is 9.2.0.7 to that
enviroment?

I guess not, and in that case, what are the options? - since this is a
packaged application , so should be contact the vendor and ask them
whether we can downgrade the database to 9.2.0.6? - is that a valid
option? Are there other options? (upgrading the existing 9.2.0.6
database to make all of them 9.2.0.7 is not allowed.)

Again thanks a lot for the kind help..

Nirav

0
shivam71 (145)

nirav wrote:
> HI,
>
> I have the following situation:
>
> We have Veritas cluster setup , and there are 2 solaris servers on
> which VCS is set up. On this set up we have about 8 databases all of
> which are 9.2.0.6 version.
>
> Now we have one stand alone solaris server, and it has a 9.2.0.7
> database. This database is for a third party application -Clear Case &
> Clear Quest.
>
> Now it is required to move the single instance database to clustered
> environment.
>
> Since in the clustered environment we have 9.2.0.6 version, is it AT
> ALL POSSIBLE to move this database, which is 9.2.0.7 to that
> enviroment?
>
> I guess not, and in that case, what are the options? - since this is a
> packaged application , so should be contact the vendor and ask them
> whether we can downgrade the database to 9.2.0.6? - is that a valid
> option? Are there other options? (upgrading the existing 9.2.0.6
> database to make all of them 9.2.0.7 is not allowed.)
>
> Again thanks a lot for the kind help..
>
> Nirav

How big is the database ( in gigabytes approximately ).

If not too large, export out the data you want and import it into the
9.2.0.6 database.

0
johnbhurley (2707)
7/3/2006 12:46:09 PM
> How big is the database ( in gigabytes approximately ).
>
> If not too large, export out the data you want and import it into the
> 9.2.0.6 database.

HI,

Thanks but I guess that may not work out..the point is since this is a
third party application, we may need to maintain the same version ie
9.2.0.7 even after we move it to clustered environment.

Now since in the clustered environment , oracle home is 9.2.0.6 so we
may perhaps need another oracle home which is 9.2.0.7 in the clustered
enviroment. right?

Thanks
Nirav

0
shivam71 (145)
7/3/2006 12:53:13 PM
nirav wrote:
> > How big is the database ( in gigabytes approximately ).
> >
> > If not too large, export out the data you want and import it into the
> > 9.2.0.6 database.
>
> HI,
>
> Thanks but I guess that may not work out..the point is since this is a
> third party application, we may need to maintain the same version ie
> 9.2.0.7 even after we move it to clustered environment.

Instead of speculating why don't you contact the vendor of the 3rd
party application.  My guess is that the application is "not sensitive
to" such as small change in maintenance level.

> Now since in the clustered environment , oracle home is 9.2.0.6 so we
> may perhaps need another oracle home which is 9.2.0.7 in the clustered
> enviroment. right?

Perhaps but you could also get the maintenance applied after creating
proper testing and validation procedures so that there is just one
oracle home.

Many shops would not want to operate with a 9.2.0.6 and also a 9.2.0.7
oracle home.

0
johnbhurley (2707)
7/3/2006 1:08:25 PM
Thank you hpuxrac, Yes that is most logical to do to contact the Vendor
and try to find if it is fine to have their db as 9.2.0.6

Thank you for the help.
Nirav

0
shivam71 (145)
7/4/2006 7:20:05 AM
On 2006-07-03, nirav <shivam71@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since in the clustered environment we have 9.2.0.6 version, is it AT
> ALL POSSIBLE to move this database, which is 9.2.0.7 to that
> enviroment?

Dont see why not.

Have VCS running with different oracle versions in my environment.

Install 9.2.0.7 on your cluster nodes. Exactly how may depend on your
current configuration. Eg oracle sw on local disks each node or on
shared storage.

Then configure a new cluster service group for your 9207db
Specify the oracle home 9207 in your service group details so the 9207
binaries are used by the cluster group startup scripts.

0
noyoudont (3)
7/5/2006 5:48:09 PM
On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 05:26:03 -0700, nirav wrote:

> Since in the clustered environment we have 9.2.0.6 version, is it AT
> ALL POSSIBLE to move this database, which is 9.2.0.7 to that
> enviroment?

Yes sir. You will have to recreate the controlfile and add another log
thread and change maxinstances parameter. Once that is done, your database
is essentially RAC.

--
http://www.mgogala.com

0
gogala (1324)
7/5/2006 7:03:59 PM
Mladen Gogala wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 05:26:03 -0700, nirav wrote:
>
>> Since in the clustered environment we have 9.2.0.6 version, is it AT
>> ALL POSSIBLE to move this database, which is 9.2.0.7 to that
>> enviroment?
>
> Yes sir. You will have to recreate the controlfile and add another log
> thread and change maxinstances parameter. Once that is done, your database
> is essentially RAC.

What is required for a RAC database:

SYSTEM, SYSAUX, and TEMP tablespaces
Undo Tablespace (one per instance)
Datafiles
Control Files
Online Redo Logs (one thread per instance)

Don't for get the UNDO too.
--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington
"Mladen Gogala" <gogala@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 05:26:03 -0700, nirav wrote:
>
> > Since in the clustered environment we have 9.2.0.6 version, is it AT
> > ALL POSSIBLE to move this database, which is 9.2.0.7 to that
> > enviroment?
>
> Yes sir. You will have to recreate the controlfile and add another log
> thread and change maxinstances parameter. Once that is done, your database
> is essentially RAC.
>
> --
> http://www.mgogala.com

The OP did not mention RAC, just Veritas VCS (failover cluster).
For RAC 9i you need either RAW, OCFS (or is that 10g only), or some other
cooked disk
file system capable of being shared by several instances at one time (like
RDB on VAX).

What he wants to do is of course possible as Dave Stien wrote. I have many
such examples in mind.

0
sinkiege (118)
7/7/2006 8:44:19 PM
Gerry Sinkiewicz wrote:
> "Mladen Gogala" <gogala@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 05:26:03 -0700, nirav wrote:
>>
>>> Since in the clustered environment we have 9.2.0.6 version, is it AT
>>> ALL POSSIBLE to move this database, which is 9.2.0.7 to that
>>> enviroment?
>> Yes sir. You will have to recreate the controlfile and add another log
>> thread and change maxinstances parameter. Once that is done, your database
>> is essentially RAC.
>>
>> --
>> http://www.mgogala.com
>>

> The OP did not mention RAC, just Veritas VCS (failover cluster).
> For RAC 9i you need either RAW, OCFS (or is that 10g only), or some other
> cooked disk
> file system capable of being shared by several instances at one time (like
> RDB on VAX).

Or the native NetApp file system which is cluster-aware and
cluster-ready without any need to alter or change anything. All one need
do is mount the file system using fstab and ./runInstaller.
--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington
damorgan@x.washington.edu
(replace x with u to respond)
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
www.psoug.org
0
damorgan3 (6326)

Moving a single instance 9.2.0.7 database to a clustered 9.2.0.6 database environment #2
HI, I have the following situation: We have Veritas cluster setup , and there are 2 solaris servers on which VCS is set up. On this set up we have about 8 databases all of which are 9.2.0.6 version. Now we have one stand alone solaris server, and it has a 9.2.0.7 database. This database is for a third party application -Clear Case & Clear Quest. Now it is required to move the single instance database to clustered environment. Since in the clustered environment we have 9.2.0.6 version, is it AT ALL POSSIBLE to move this database, which is 9.2.0.7 to that enviroment? I guess not, and in that case, what are the options? - since this is a packaged application , so should be contact the vendor and ask them whether we can downgrade the database to 9.2.0.6? - is that a valid option? Are there other options? (upgrading the existing 9.2.0.6 database to make all of them 9.2.0.7 is not allowed.) With thanks, Nirav ...

Oracle server 9.2.0.1.0, Client 9.2.0.4.0, Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1
Hi Everybody, My Database server is running on Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1, And my Oracle version is 9.2.0.1.0. My Client mechine also Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1 , Oracle client version is 9.2.0.4.0. I am running a web application. Our application is in Magic edeveloper. I connect to Oracle using oracle gateway to my application. My Problem is my application is is becoming slow. I am not able to trace where the problem is. Before our application was running fine. recently i upgraded Oracle client version to 9.2.0.4.0. My Oracle client & server versions are different. I am getting error on my client mechine, it showing all memory address on the screen and the part of error is, arg register addr=83498cc .... Dump of memory from 0x83988c to 0x83499cc .... -- End of Call stack trace -- I am not able to trace where the problem is.Any insight please... Thanks, Ssreddy. ...

restoring 9.2.0.6 datafiles with 9.2.0.7 Oracle
Hello Is there potential problem ? we want to use old datafiles in 9.2.0.6 with a patched oracle in 9.2.0.7... Thank you nonor wrote: > Hello > > Is there potential problem ? we want to use old datafiles in 9.2.0.6 > with a patched oracle in 9.2.0.7... > > Thank you No, you don't want to do that. You want to solve some problem, for which you believe that to be the solution. What is the problem you are trying to solve? In answer to your question -- yes, I'd think there would be disasterous problems. So, again -- what is the problem you are trying to solve? nonor wrote: > Hello > > Is there potential problem ? we want to use old datafiles in 9.2.0.6 > with a patched oracle in 9.2.0.7... That really describes a usual step in applying the 9.2.0.7 patchset. The database files are still at ( whatever ) the old patch level was .... say 9.2.0.6. You have to use the patched oracle binaries to open the database. But then the next step should be to follow the steps in the 9.2.0.7 for patching existing databases ... startup migrate and run the script to move the database files up to 9.2.0.7 ... Is that what you are attempting to do? Have you read the readme ( installation instructions ) for the 9.2.0.7 patchset? ...

optimizer_features_enable difference between 9.2.0.1/9..2.0.3/9.2.0.6?
Hi, All, I noticed for this parameter optimizer_features_enable , oracle document says: Syntax OPTIMIZER_FEATURES_ENABLE = {8.0.0 | 8.0.3 | 8.0.4 | 8.0.5 | 8.0.6 | 8.0.7 | 8.1.0 | 8.1.3 | 8.1.4 | 8.1.5 | 8.1.6 | 8.1.7 | 9.0.0 | 9.0.1 | 9.2.0} I noticed when I keep it default to 9.2.0 in init.ora, in version 9.2.0.3 and 9.2.0.5 with exact same database and exact same init.ora, oracle CBO did choose different plan. So there is some difference between 9.2.0.X versioin for the CBO. Where can we get such information about the difference? Thanks On 12 Jul 2005 23:37:28 -0700, "chao_ping" <zhuchao@gmail.com> wrote: > So there is some difference between 9.2.0.X versioin for the CBO. >Where can we get such information about the difference? Usually such things are outlined either in the release notes or in the new features documents. Documents that obviously no one reads. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA "chao_ping" <zhuchao@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1121236648.759298.79320@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, All, > I noticed for this parameter optimizer_features_enable , oracle > document says: > Syntax > OPTIMIZER_FEATURES_ENABLE = {8.0.0 | 8.0.3 | 8.0.4 | 8.0.5 | 8.0.6 | > 8.0.7 | 8.1.0 | 8.1.3 | 8.1.4 | 8.1.5 | 8.1.6 | 8.1.7 | 9.0.0 | 9.0.1 | > 9.2.0} > > > I noticed when I keep it default to 9.2.0 in init.ora, in version > 9.2.0.3 and 9.2.0.5 with exact same database and...

upgrate from 9.2.0.1.0 to 9.2.0.7.0
how to upgrade.... storm pixie wrote: > how to upgrade.... You grab the upgrade download and install it. Or you re-install from a complete base version. No rocket science, just follow the instructions. On 17 May 2006 17:55:59 -0700, "storm pixie" <amit.dba@gmail.com> wrote: >how to upgrade.... go to metalink download patch. find readme.html in the patch dowloaded follow test on non-production system first when it doubt, re-read the readme. ........ We run Oracle 9iR2,10gR1/2 on RH4/RH3 remove NSPAM to email Download patch or request a cd from oracle supp check the current installation. follow the instruction as the readme file. install the latest jvm patches for OEM. Please take note Oracle Workspace is only 9.2.0.5. You can always log a tar in metalink for support Download patch or request a cd from oracle supp check the current installation. follow the instruction as the readme file. install the latest jvm patches for OEM. Please take note Oracle Workspace is only 9.2.0.5. You can always log a tar in metalink for support ...

upgrade from oracle 9.2.0.1.0 to 9.2.0.5.0
Hi, I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for window version 32 bits, does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step doing it. many thanks leehi leehi wrote: > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, Windows NT4? W2k? W2K3? W2K3 - Release 2? Why stop ot 9.2.0.5? > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. leehi wrote: > Hi, > > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, > > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. > > many thanks > > leehi Go to metalink.oracle.com (registration and Oracle support CSI required). Click on Patches and Updates tab. Wait for the whole screen to load. Use one of the search functions to find your patch (note the Quick Links if you are getting something common, like 9206 or 9207). When you finally get to your patch download, click on the readme (the piece-of-paper icon next to the download icon). Read all the instructions. It's a good idea to read the instructions every time you do it, even (or perhaps especially) when you are comfortable doing it. The readme is usually also included with the patch. Download and unzip the patch. Look at what is there in the patch, perhaps there are additional release notes. Look around on metalink for addition...

help:How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7
How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 1-what scripts are to be used 2-Where i can find these scripts. Thnks. You can't. You can use lower version export to export higher version database. The other way around has never been possible. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA You probably have Oracle 9.2.0.1 running somewhere right, perhaps on another machine ? Set your ORACLE_HOME to 9.2.0.1 then export through sqlnet: exp username/pwd @9207instance Now you'll use the 9.2.0.1 export utility; this should work. "shahsyed" <shahsyed@gmail.com> schreef in bericht . > How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 > > 1-what scripts are to be used > 2-Where i can find these scripts. > > Thnks. Hi, I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is possible?? Thanks Alok. On 9 Aug 2005 22:05:49 -0700, alok.behria@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, > > I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is >possible?? > >Thanks >Alok. Oracle is backwards compatible provided you have the definition of backwards compatible correct. You can connect (again) *lower version client* to a *higher version database* The other way around has nothing to do with backwards compatible, though it usually works, *with the exception of export/import, AS DOCUMENTED* (but I guess no one ever reads the docs) -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Hi, ...

Upgrade from Oracle 9.2.0.1 to Oracle 9.2.0.3
Hello All, I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start again? Thanks Kumu Hello Kumu, What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you experience? You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your situation. New patches can introduce new problems as you can see, Regards, Ron DBA Infopower http://www.dbainfopower.com Standard disclaimer: http://www.dbainfopower.com/dbaip_advice_disclaimer.html "kumu" <forlist2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a44abd39.0402161837.6badb9ed@posting.google.com... > Hello All, > I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or > 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? > > Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying > 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start > again? > > Thanks > Kumu "Ron" <support@dbainfopower.com> wrote in message news:<QqWdnRM_cMiwWqzdRVn-vg@comcast.com>... > Hello Kumu, > > What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you > experience? > > You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your > situation. > > New patches can introduce new...

steps to be followed for migrating data from 8.1.7 database to 9.2.0.5.0
We have Oracle 8.1.7 installation containing 5 to 6 databases (instances).Now we need to move to 9i(9.2.0.5.0). As the documents and guide say that install 9.2.0.1.0 and apply oracle patch 3501955 which upgrades this base installation to 9.2.0.5.0, upto this everything looks fine. But for migrating the data what exactly need to be done. Each database might be of 8-10 GB. It would be more helpful if given more detailed explanation the ways to migrate data and the procedure. Thanks in advance. "Bhaskar" <bhaskarpallamala@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:b9cb248.0406180319.6dcfc9c7@posting.google.com... > We have Oracle 8.1.7 installation containing 5 to 6 databases > (instances).Now we need to move to 9i(9.2.0.5.0). As the documents and > guide say that install 9.2.0.1.0 and apply oracle patch 3501955 which > upgrades this base installation to 9.2.0.5.0, upto this everything > looks fine. But for migrating the data what exactly need to be done. > Each database might be of 8-10 GB. It would be more helpful if given > more detailed explanation the ways to migrate data and the procedure. > Thanks in advance. There is an entire document supplied by Oracle concerning migrating to 9i from previous versions (available at http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96530/toc.htm if you haven't already found it). What exactly in it wasn't clear to you? Regards HJR Bhaskar, The upgrade could be done in multiple way...

oracle database 9.2.0.8 32bit and windows server 2003 64bit
Hello! What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit database? Any suggestion? Regards - MJ On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA thx. I will check Uzytkownik "sybrandb" <sybrandb@gmail.com> napisal w wiadomosci news:b5d54371-bf21-439b-85c3-ae21dafc21be@3g2000yqk.googlegroups.com... On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA On Apr 15, 5:16=A0am, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on &g...

How to upgrade a DB from 9.2.0.1 to 9.2.0.7 ???
Dear all, I've just upgraded my Oracle software to version 9.2.0.7 because it corrects a bug found in 9.2.0.1. OK, now the bug disappeared... but .... Now I cannot use anymore IMP and EXP. I face the following error : ------------8<------------------8<------------------ C:\Temp>exp ME/password@database file=exp_file owner=ME Export: Release 9.2.0.7.0 - Production on Tue Oct 4 15:22:06 2005 Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved. Connected to: Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.7.0 - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.7.0 - Production Export done in WE8MSWIN1252 character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character set About to export specified users ... .. exporting pre-schema procedural objects and actions .. exporting foreign function library names for user ME .. exporting PUBLIC type synonyms .. exporting private type synonyms .. exporting object type definitions for user ME EXP-00008: ORACLE error 942 encountered ORA-00942: table or view does not exist EXP-00024: Export views not installed, please notify your DBA EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully ------------8<------------------8<------------------ I looked for upgrade scripts/tools/info and the like... localy and on the net (metalink, asktom, usenet, etc) without luck so far. I found CATEXP.SQL and CATPATCH.SQL in %ORA_HOME%\rdbms\admin, but can't tell wether this is for 9.2.0.1 or 9.2.0.7... ...

apply patch 9.2.0.6 on 9.2.0.1.
To apply patch 9.2.0.6 on 9.2.0.1. Do we have to apply all patches between them means 1st 9.2.0.2 then 9.2.0.3 then 9.2.0.4 then 9.2.0.5 and then 9.2.0.6. Or can I do it directly. on windows XP "aman.oracle.dba" <aman.oracle.dba@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 1167974188.705052.140810@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... | To apply patch 9.2.0.6 on 9.2.0.1. | Do we have to apply all patches between them means 1st 9.2.0.2 then | 9.2.0.3 then 9.2.0.4 then 9.2.0.5 and then 9.2.0.6. Or can I do it | directly. on windows XP | Each patch/patchset comes with a readme file. Please read it before posting. Regards Michel Cadot Michel Cadot wrote: > "aman.oracle.dba" <aman.oracle.dba@gmail.com> a =E9crit dans le message d= e news: > 1167974188.705052.140810@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > | To apply patch 9.2.0.6 on 9.2.0.1. > | Do we have to apply all patches between them means 1st 9.2.0.2 then > | 9.2.0.3 then 9.2.0.4 then 9.2.0.5 and then 9.2.0.6. Or can I do it > | directly. on windows XP > | > > Each patch/patchset comes with a readme file. > Please read it before posting. > > Regards > Michel Cadot Please tell me the patch number to be applied on 9.2.0.1 to upgrade it to 9.2.0.4 aman.oracle.dba wrote: > Michel Cadot wrote: > > "aman.oracle.dba" <aman.oracle.dba@gmail.com> a =E9crit dans le message= de news: > > 1167974188.705052.140810@s34g2000cwa.googlegrou...

Where to get oracle patch 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5
I'm doing an install for work on a windows xp (32bit) development station. To mimik the production systems I need to install 9.2.0.1.0 and then the patches for 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5. I've installed 9.2.0.1 and I have a disk for the patches but it is corrupted. Where can I get these patches? I've tried google to no avail. Thanks in advance! On 29 Jun 2006 15:13:24 -0700, "David.E.M....@gmail.com" <David.E.Murphy@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm doing an install for work on a windows xp (32bit) development >station. To mimik the production systems I need to install 9.2.0.1.0 >and then the patches for 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5. I've installed 9.2.0.1 >and I have a disk for the patches but it is corrupted. Where can I get >these patches? I've tried google to no avail. Thanks in advance! Patches are available on Metalink. And, yes, you need to have a paid support contract for that. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA David.E.M....@gmail.com wrote: > I'm doing an install for work on a windows xp (32bit) development > station. To mimik the production systems I need to install 9.2.0.1.0 > and then the patches for 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.5. I've installed 9.2.0.1 > and I have a disk for the patches but it is corrupted. Where can I get > these patches? I've tried google to no avail. Thanks in advance! You get the patches from oracle http://www.oracle.com then go to the support link then metalink ... I&#...

int((9.2-9.0)*10) is 1, int((9.21-9.0)*10) is 2, why?
Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Feb 21 2008, 13:11:45) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on win32 The following line of code describes an funny question$B!'(B >>> int((9.2-9.0)*10) 1 >>> int((9.21-9.0)*10) 2 >>> int((9.1-9.0)*10) 0 >>> int((9.11-9.0)*10) 1 >>> int((8.2-8.0)*10) 1 >>> int((8.23-8.0)*10) 2 why? anybody can explain it? On Sep 5, 11:12 pm, bcm <bluecrysta...@gmail.com> wrote: > Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Feb 21 2008, 13:11:45) [MSC v.1310 32 bit > (Intel)] on win32 > The following line of code describes an funny que...

9.2.0.6 upgrade to 10.2.0.2
Hey all, I'm upgrading an instance from 9.2.0.6 to 10.2.0.2. I have a question about the critical patch updates. While preparing the 10.2.0.2 Oracle Home can I install the CPU patch before I run dbua? If so, do I still need to run catpatch after the upgrade? Or should you wait until after the database has been upgraded? tnx. On Apr 1, 1:18 pm, "Dave" <david.b...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hey all, > > I'm upgrading an instance from 9.2.0.6 to 10.2.0.2. I have a > question about the critical patch updates. While preparing the > 10.2.0.2 Oracle Home can I install the CPU patch before I run dbua? > If so, do I still need to run catpatch after the upgrade? Or should > you wait until after the database has been upgraded? > > tnx. I wouldn't run the CPU patch for 10.2 until you have your 9.2.0.6 database upgraded. David Fitzjarrell On Apr 1, 6:33 pm, "fitzjarr...@cox.net" <fitzjarr...@cox.net> wrote: > On Apr 1, 1:18 pm, "Dave" <david.b...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Hey all, > > > I'm upgrading an instance from 9.2.0.6 to 10.2.0.2. I have a > > question about the critical patch updates. While preparing the > > 10.2.0.2 Oracle Home can I install the CPU patch before I run dbua? > > If so, do I still need to run catpatch after the upgrade? Or should > > you wait until after the database has been upgraded? > > > tnx...

Install problems with Oracle installer 2.2 for Oracle 9i Client 9.2.0.1.0
Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong forum - I am an Oracle Newbie. Here are my computer specs : Windows 2003 - fully patch from Microsoft as of Sept 4th 2004 HP LP2000r 1 x 1,1 Gig Intel processor 1 GB RAM Hardware RAID 1, 12 GB with 8 GB freespace Clean install, no other programs. At first I tried running the Oracle installer program from the CD ROM and came up with the error that it could not find the javaw.exe program. I then tried installing and reinstalling several versions of java to no avail. Next I searched through groups.google and found the solution: 1. Copy the Oracle CD to the hard drive. I copied it to a subfolder directly to C:\Oracle9i 2. Change the file c:\oracle9i\install\ORAPARAM.INI to reflect the actual name of the directories listed in the install directories of the cd I just copied. I did this and next took out some "."s and put the absolute path to the java program and something called the "OUI_LOCATION". JRE_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdjre/13110a/1/DataFiles/Expanded OUI_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdoui/220120/1/DataFiles/Expanded Okay so good so far. This time the installer actually started. The problem occurs in the next few steps, when I click "next" (weiter in German) from the welcome screen- please understand if I translate something wrong here. Then I am shown the installation directory screen, where I select the default listed: Source : C:\Oracle...

Bind Errors
Recently migrated from 8.1.7 to 9i and my Oracle Reports are no longer working -- I am getting an ORA-01006 Bind Variable does not exist. Has anybody had any success running reports developed in 2.5 to run against 9.2.0.6.0? They are working on 9.2.0.1.0 but I am rushed for time - don't really have the resources to upgrade this and all the instances on it so quickly. ManChild wrote: > Recently migrated from 8.1.7 to 9i and my Oracle Reports are no longer > working -- I am getting an ORA-01006 Bind Variable does not exist. Has > anybody had any success running reports developed in 2.5 to run against > 9.2.0.6.0? They are working on 9.2.0.1.0 but I am rushed for time - > don't really have the resources to upgrade this and all the instances > on it so quickly. Apparently the concept of testing evaded your management. Did you check metalink? -- Daniel Morgan Puget Sound Oracle Users Group On 12 Sep 2006 14:48:48 -0700, "ManChild" <starritt@gmail.com> wrote: > >Recently migrated from 8.1.7 to 9i and my Oracle Reports are no longer >working -- I am getting an ORA-01006 Bind Variable does not exist. Has >anybody had any success running reports developed in 2.5 to run against >9.2.0.6.0? They are working on 9.2.0.1.0 but I am rushed for time - >don't really have the resources to upgrade this and all the instances >on it so quickly. Please answer the question when Reports 2....

Differences 9.2.0.1.0 to 9.2.0.5 with field types
We encounter following problem: Normally we are using 9.2.0.1.0 and we also have several views with union-statements. In these views the origing fields has been Integer type. We accepted that with creating of this views, the field types changed to float and we adjusted the end user program for that. Now a customer is using 9.2.0.5 and here the behaviour does not exists. The field type keeps Integer, And now we hve some problems again with the end user program. Of cause we have a solution in rewriting the view code, but we would like to test it on our side first. Therefore we checked on metalink for an update, but after downloading it tells us, that no update is necessary. This may be true, because we let run it on Windows 2000 or on Linux and the patches are for different OS. As I remeber for some Unix and Windows 2003 and cluster systems, what we do not have. Is it nevertheless possible to let run the patch on our machines, so that we can find out the incompatibilities? Thanks for any hint, Regards Nicolas ...

Oracle Warehouse Builder 9.2.0.2.8 and Workflow 2.6.2 on linux
Hi there, I downloaded OWB_9.2.0.2.8_linux.tar.gz from here: http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/warehouse/index.html In the above download I found OWB installation documentation. In the OWB installation documentation, I see evidence that Oracle Warehouse Builder (runtime portion) makes use of "Oracle Workflow". It does not mention a version though. It does say that Workflow is neccessary. The documentation for Workflow was easy to find here: http://otn.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.docindex?remark=homepage#index-WOR I'm not sure where to find the Workflow software though. The documentation for Workflow suggests that it is installed via OUI rather than a simple unzip (as used by JDeveloper for example). In http://metalink.oracle.com, I found evidence that Workflow is not a standalone product but that it is bundled with other products. I also found evidence that it lives in a directory named "ofw" once it is installed. I did not find mention of workflow in any of the download areas so I'm curious if any of you have installed it and if yes, where did you get it? I hate to be a whiner, but OWB product mgt has dropped the ball here. I spent a day setting up my OWB POC environment and here I am near the end of the installation and I can't find a critical piece of software and the OWB installation documentation gives no clue where to get the software or if it even has a part number. The same can be said for the Workflow software. Do th...

massive performance drop Oracle 9i on multi processor system (Windows Server 2003, Oracle 9i, 9.2.0.6.0)
The performance of some complex PL/SQL functions has dropped dramatically since migrating from Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.0) on Windows Server 2000 to 9i (9.2.0.6.0) on Windows Server 2003. We found out, that Oracle 9i performance on a multi processor CPU machine (our server has 4 XEON CPUs, Hyperthreading is disabled in BIOS) is highly dependent on init.ora parameters; unfortunately our trial and error approach to find the proper settings (we searched Oracle Tech Net (OTN) and google groups without success) did not help so far. We are testing performance behaviour with some business critical PL/SQL procedures that do authorization calculations for our application. Simplified these functions do a lot of inserts, deletes and selects in/from tables (being used as temp tables in lack of in memory temp table support of oracle 9i). We can monitor the progress within the stored procedure by using UTL_FILE functions to write a log file into the file system of the server; we real time monitor the log file using "tail -f". <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); [...] When setting "CPU_COUNT = 1" in init.ora the function will typically run up to 10 seconds, when setting "CPU_COUNT = 4" it will take more than 2 minutes (!!!) We experimented with the following other parameters so far: db_writer_processes (set to 4 in combination with cpu_count = 4) fast_start_parall...

Problems installing 10.2.0.2 patchset to a 10.2.0.1 database
I am trying to install the latest patchset to my 10gR2 database. When i double click on setup.exe nothing visable happens. The process is launched and according to Windows Task manager is taking up 50% of my CPU. The process just sits there spinning away and nothing happens. I have shutdown, using Service Control Manager, all Oracle services including databases, listeners and DBConsoles Any ideas? <kevin.aide@intergraph.com> schreef in bericht news:1159977988.501508.164590@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I am trying to install the latest patchset to my 10gR2 database. When > i double click on setup.exe nothing visable happens. The process is > launched and according to Windows Task manager is taking up 50% of my > CPU. The process just sits there spinning away and nothing happens. > > I have shutdown, using Service Control Manager, all Oracle services > including databases, listeners and DBConsoles > > Any ideas? > Sometimes it helps when you do not use the setup.exe in the root of your installation, but the one in the install directory. Reboot before patching might help too. Has to do with conflicting javaw.exe versions or something like that. You're not on VMWare, are you? Robbert van der Hoorn OSA it BV The Netherlands Robbert, I only have one setup.exe and there is no install directory. At the top level I have a stage directory and three html files and the setup.exe. I am not using VMWare and I have tried reb...

Oracle database patchset 9.2.0.8 silent installation
Hi, I am trying to apply Oracle database patch 9.2.0.8 on top of our 9.2.0.5 . I have created response file and tried intallaing. But it gives the following error. Error:*** Alert: An Oracle Home with name OUIHome already exists at location /oravl01/oracle/9.2.0.5. Please specify another name for $ORACLE_HOME. *** Do I have to give new ORACLE_HOME for this..? Please suggest. Thanks, Krish On Aug 7, 5:36 pm, Krish <Krishna.Bu...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to apply Oracle database patch 9.2.0.8 on top of our > 9.2.0.5 . > > I have created response file and tried intallaing. But it gives the > following error. > > Error:*** Alert: An Oracle Home with name OUIHome already exists at > location /oravl01/oracle/9.2.0.5. Please specify another name for > $ORACLE_HOME. *** > > Do I have to give new ORACLE_HOME for this..? > > Please suggest. > > Thanks, > Krish Hi Krish, What is you ORACLE_HOME_NAME variable in your response file? Regards, Steve On Aug 7, 6:28 pm, Steve Howard <stevedhow...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Aug 7, 5:36 pm, Krish <Krishna.Bu...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > > > > Hi, > > > I am trying to apply Oracle database patch 9.2.0.8 on top of our > > 9.2.0.5 . > > > I have created response file and tried intallaing. But it gives the > > following error. > > > Error:*** Alert: An Oracle Home with name OUIHome already e...

Is XDK for PLSQL on Oracle 9.2.0.5 database deprecated?
Is XDK for PLSQL on Oracle 9.2.0.5 database deprecated? Can anyone shed some light on this for me. What packages/procedures replace the functionality of XDK on the 9.2.0.5 database? Is there any advantage to installing the XDK for PL/SQL anyway? Thanks, DCR > Is XDK for PLSQL on Oracle 9.2.0.5 database deprecated? > > Can anyone shed some light on this for me. What packages/procedures > replace the functionality of XDK on the 9.2.0.5 database? Is there > any advantage to installing the XDK for PL/SQL anyway? > > Thanks, > > DCR with 9i you can use XMLDB HTH Yes, there is no more need to load it to database. Since 9.2 version it's already present in database. Take a look at DBMS_XMLDOM, DBMS_XSLPROCESSOR packages and SQLX functions in Oracle documentation. "DCR" <dave.rama@gmail.com> ???????/???????? ? ???????? ?????????: news:8305e476.0411120738.1fa8e268@posting.google.com... > Is XDK for PLSQL on Oracle 9.2.0.5 database deprecated? > > Can anyone shed some light on this for me. What packages/procedures > replace the functionality of XDK on the 9.2.0.5 database? Is there > any advantage to installing the XDK for PL/SQL anyway? > > Thanks, > > DCR ...

Oracle9i DB 9.2, Oracle9i DS 9.0.2, Oracle9i AS 1.0.2.2.1(Forms, Reports) on Fedora Core 1
I have installed Oracle9i DB 9.2, Oracle9i DS 9.0.2, Oracle9i AS 1.0.2.2.1(Forms6i, Reports6i) on Fedora Core 1 the 8th November 2003. All is running OK. Denis ALEXANDRE Assistant Manager, Banque Saradar France http://www.alexnet.fr/ P.S. I am using Oracle and Unix to create an Integrated Banking System since 1987. This banking system is installed in more than 25 other banks. alex@alexnet.fr wrote: > I have installed > Oracle9i DB 9.2, Oracle9i DS 9.0.2, Oracle9i AS 1.0.2.2.1(Forms6i, Reports6i) > on Fedora Core 1 > the 8th November 2003. All is running OK. > > Denis ALEXANDRE > Assistant Manager, Banque Saradar France > http://www.alexnet.fr/ > > P.S. I am using Oracle and Unix to create an Integrated Banking System since 1987. > This banking system is installed in more than 25 other banks. > > Great - after this coming out in the open, do you care to explain how you installed Portal Rel 1 in a 9.2 instance? -- Regards, Frank van Bortel Frank wrote: > alex@alexnet.fr wrote: > >> I have installed >> Oracle9i DB 9.2, Oracle9i DS 9.0.2, Oracle9i AS 1.0.2.2.1(Forms6i, >> Reports6i) >> on Fedora Core 1 >> the 8th November 2003. All is running OK. >> >> Denis ALEXANDRE >> Assistant Manager, Banque Saradar France >> http://www.alexnet.fr/ >> >> P.S. I am using Oracle and Unix to create an Integrated Banking System >> since 1987. >...

Web resources about - Moving a single instance 9.2.0.7 database to a clustered 9.2.0.6 database environment - comp.databases.oracle.server

Environment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

'Very poor': Environment office opposed miners using rehabilitation work as biodiversity offset
New documents show how coal firms won the right to claim planting of grass or trees on old mine sites as conservation offsets for future woodland ...

Is juicing bad for you and the environment?
Juicing is bad for your health and for the earth.

Wanneroo council calls on WA environment minister over 3500 problem kangaroos
The Wanneroo council wants the WA environment minister to step in over a Yanchep country club apparently driving more than 3500 kangaroos from ...

SIOS updates its machine learning solution for virtual environments
... IT analytics last year, SIOS Technology Corp has released regular updates to help maximize the availability and efficiency of virtualized environments. ...

A CEO who laid off 15% of staff says: 'The economic environment is changing for all startups'
... last year and Bloomberg on Friday also reported a "pullback in startup investing." "We have to be focused on the fact that the economic environment ...

Kasich: Trump creating 'toxic environment'
Ohio Gov. Kasich denounced his billionaire businessman opponent on Saturday in Sharonville.

Hyperscale Environments Pressure Server OEMs
The Googles, Facebooks and Amazons of the world are buying a lot of servers, and many of them are coming from smaller ODMs.

9 Tips For Creating A Stress-Free Work Environment
9 Tips For Creating A Stress-Free Work Environment

Feds use tax revenue from gun sales to fix environment
Feds use tax revenue from gun sales to fix environment