moving oracle database 9 from another computer to another one

hello, i am not an expert in orace, that's why am here.
i need to move all a database (structure+data) from another computer
to another one, and i need also to place the database in the same
directory in the new pc as it was in the old pc.
what is the best way to do this? please try to explain point by point.
thank you!
0
n.noumia (21)

"noumian" <n.noumia@gmail.com> wrote in message
> hello, i am not an expert in orace, that's why am here.
> i need to move all a database (structure+data) from another computer
> to another one, and i need also to place the database in the same
> directory in the new pc as it was in the old pc.
> what is the best way to do this? please try to explain point by point.
> thank you!

The basic steps are:

install oracle on the new computer (must be the same OS!), patched to
exactly same level, e.g. Oracle 9.2.0.7 with opatch 1234 installed
copy the files (redologs, control files, database files, temp files)
create instance
configure sqlnet (listener.ora, tnsnames.ora etc)

I would recommend that you do hire an Oracle DBA to the move.

--
Terry Dykstra

0
tddykstra (113)
12/19/2007 5:55:33 PM
On Dec 19, 12:41 pm, noumian <n.nou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello, i am not an expert in orace, that's why am here.
> i need to move all a database (structure+data) from another computer
> to another one, and i need also to place the database in the same
> directory in the new pc as it was in the old pc.
> what is the best way to do this? please try to explain point by point.
> thank you!

This kind of question has been asked many many times on cdos and other
oracle forums.

If you use something like the google groups interface to cdos it gives
you a way to search out the database and you can look at how this kind
of question has been asked and answered in the past.

Oracle also provides extensive free documentation that covers this
same question http://tahiti.oracle.com
0
johnbhurley (2707)
12/19/2007 5:58:33 PM
is it the right way to do it?

stop me if i make a mistake
- from the old pc ,i run : exp userid=system/manager file=c:\backup
\export_full.dump
log=c:\control\export_full.log full=y
- then i go to the new pc, i install the oracle server without a
database
-then i open a comand line and i run :C:\> imp userid=system/manager
file=c:\backup\export_full.dump
log=c:\control\export_full.log full=y

do i forget something?
0
n.noumia (21)
12/19/2007 6:13:31 PM
On Dec 19, 12:13 pm, noumian <n.nou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> is it the right way to do it?
>
> stop me if i make a mistake
> - from the old pc ,i run : exp userid=system/manager file=c:\backup
> \export_full.dump
> log=c:\control\export_full.log full=y
> - then i go to the new pc, i install the oracle server without a
> database
> -then i open a comand line and i run :C:\> imp userid=system/manager
> file=c:\backup\export_full.dump
> log=c:\control\export_full.log full=y
>
> do i forget something?

Much.  You need a database to import INTO to do what you've tried to
explain.  You really need to get a qualified Oracle DBA to do this for
you as this may be a fairly involved task.  If the operating systems
are the same for both machines then the database can be cloned; if not
then after the Oracle software installation a new database needs to be
created and the export file from the source database can be imported
into the new database on the other server.

I'll say this again:

You need a qualified Oracle DBA to perform this operation.

I would contract one immediately to get this task started.

David Fitzjarrell
0
fitzjarrell (2006)
12/19/2007 6:49:17 PM
the problem is that i am the qualified oracle dba certified.
its just that i havent did that before.
just wanted to know if the best soltion
0
n.noumia (21)
12/19/2007 7:53:43 PM
noumian wrote:
> the problem is that i am the qualified oracle dba certified.
> its just that i havent did that before.
> just wanted to know if the best soltion

DFTT
On Dec 19, 1:53 pm, noumian <n.nou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> the problem is that i am the qualified oracle dba certified.
> its just that i havent did that before.
> just wanted to know if the best soltion

You won't provide enough details to determine what would be the 'best
solution' so your question cannot be answered.  We need:

Operating system on source machine
Operating system on destination machine
Oracle release being used (all FOUR numbers)

Then, and only then, can anyone direct you.

This is a sad commentary on OCP.

David Fitzjarrell
0
fitzjarrell (2006)
12/19/2007 8:24:30 PM
oracle version : 9.2.0.4
Os source : SUSE linux
Os destination ; SUSE linux
0
n.noumia (21)
12/19/2007 8:32:02 PM
On Dec 19, 2:32 pm, noumian <n.nou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> oracle version : 9.2.0.4
> Os source : SUSE linux
> Os destination ; SUSE linux

I find it appalling that an OCP DBA needs to be told this information.

That being the case you clone your database manually by:

Installing Oracle 9.2.0.4 on the destination machine
Setting the proper Oracle environment variables on the destination
machine
Creating a controlfile script by issuing the 'alter database backup
controlfile to trace;' command
Shutting down the source database in normal or immediate mode
Copying all of the files over (including the controlfile creation
script, the init.ora or spfile.ora) to the destination machine in the
same locations to make it easier on you
Configuring and starting the listener on the destination  machine
Starting the database nomount on the destination machine
Creating a new controlfile with the script
Opening the database resetlogs
Shutting down the cloned database
Taking a cold backup of the newly cloned database
Starting the cloned database

You can also use RMAN to duplicate your database.  Read about that
here:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96566/rcmconc2.htm#462471

I would be VERY careful when doing any of this; I really believe you
need a qualified (meaning EXPERIENCED) DBA to do this task, as even
though you profess to be OCP  you're not qualified (in my opinion) to
undertake it.

David Fitzjarrell
0
fitzjarrell (2006)
12/19/2007 9:44:15 PM
On Dec 19, 1:44 pm, "fitzjarr...@cox.net" <fitzjarr...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Dec 19, 2:32 pm, noumian <n.nou...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > oracle version : 9.2.0.4
> > Os source : SUSE linux
> > Os destination ; SUSE linux
>
> I find it appalling that an OCP DBA needs to be told this information.

metoo.  But hey, he needs to learn somehow.  We can but hope this
isn't a critical production upgrade.  Or maybe we can hope that it is,
and revel in the Schadenfreude.

> That being the case you clone your database manually by:
>
> Installing Oracle 9.2.0.4 on the destination machine
> Setting the proper Oracle environment variables on the destination
> machine
> Creating a controlfile script by issuing the 'alter database backup
> controlfile to trace;' command
> Shutting down the source database in normal or immediate mode
> Copying all of the files over (including the controlfile creation
> script, the init.ora or spfile.ora) to the destination machine in the
> same locations to make it easier on you
> Configuring and starting the listener on the destination  machine
> Starting the database nomount on the destination machine
> Creating a new controlfile with the script
> Opening the database resetlogs
> Shutting down the cloned database
> Taking a cold backup of the newly cloned database
> Starting the cloned database
>
> You can also use RMAN to duplicate your database.  Read about that
> here:
>
> http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96566/rcmcon...
>
> I would be VERY careful when doing any of this; I really believe you
> need a qualified (meaning EXPERIENCED) DBA to do this task, as even
> though you profess to be OCP  you're not qualified (in my opinion) to
> undertake it.

I don't think enough information has been given to determine whether
cloning or exp/imp would be more appropriate.

I think if the purpose is to replace a production machine with another
production machine, exp/imp might be better, together with some
thought about whether existing data should be finessed with pctfree
manipulations.  This would be especially true if the database has been
around for a while without maintenance, having such features as
dictionary managed tablespaces (where I would include LMT's that were
upgraded in place from DMT's as really having DMT structure).  The "do
I forget something?" post would just need to be modified to create a
new empty database, and transfer the exp file (and of course, do all
the extent analysis, preferably creating tablespaces and tables
separately from importing the data).

If the purpose is to create a test machine, clone away.

The bit in the OP about keeping the same directory structure is
somehow bothering me, I'm not sure why.  Is it OFA or damagement?

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
"Hubristic pride" sounds like...  http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20071213/news_lz1c13vices.html
"Copying all of the files over (including the controlfile creation
script, the init.ora or spfile.ora) to the destination machine"
which files exacltly?
the folders : oradata?flash_recovery_area?admin? (that they are in my
oracle base)
and all the file in my oracle home?
0
n.noumia (21)
12/20/2007 3:34:54 PM
On Dec 20, 9:34 am, noumian <n.nou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Copying all of the files over (including the controlfile creation
> script, the init.ora or spfile.ora) to the destination machine"
> which files exacltly?
> the folders : oradata?flash_recovery_area?admin? (that they are in my
> oracle base)
> and all the file in my oracle home?

ALL of the DATAFILES for the database you want to CLONE.  Also the
init.ora file for that database (or the spfile if that's what you're
using) AND the script you created to recreate the controlfile.

The more you write the more you should simply create a new database on
the destination server, use exp to extract the data and objects from
the source then use imp to put those into the new database.  Obviously
cloning a database is too difficult a task for a DBA with apparently
less than 6 months experience.

David Fitzjarrell
0
fitzjarrell (2006)
12/20/2007 3:42:55 PM
i am sorry ,but iam still learning,oracle is very big, they are things
that i know how to d and that i have done aready, and they are things
that i havent done before but that i have an idea about how to do it.
its just that i want to be sure.
i have made a test on own cumputer,
using exp full=3Dy from the old database and imp full=3Dy for the new
database.
after that i have many warning like : "126 objet(s) non valide(s) dans
le sch=E9ma OLAPSYS,"126 objet(s) non valide(s) dans le sch=E9ma
OLAPSYS." .....
is it normal?
0
n.noumia (21)
12/20/2007 6:25:21 PM
On Dec 20, 12:25 pm, noumian <n.nou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i am sorry ,but iam still learning,oracle is very big, they are things
> that i know how to d and that i have done aready, and they are things
> that i havent done before but that i have an idea about how to do it.
> its just that i want to be sure.
> i have made a test on own cumputer,
> using exp full=3Dy from the old database and imp full=3Dy for the new
> database.
> after that i have many warning like : "126 objet(s) non valide(s) dans
> le sch=E9ma OLAPSYS,"126 objet(s) non valide(s) dans le sch=E9ma
> OLAPSYS." .....
> is it normal?

Not usually.

At this point you query dba_objects or user_objects and find which are
invalid and then try to discover why.  Hopefully it's a matter of
using the utlrp.sql script to recompile them.

David Fitzjarrell
0
fitzjarrell (2006)
12/20/2007 7:09:40 PM
On Dec 20, 1:25 pm, noumian <n.nou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i am sorry ,but iam still learning,oracle is very big, they are things
> that i know how to d and that i have done aready, and they are things
> that i havent done before but that i have an idea about how to do it.
> its just that i want to be sure.
> i have made a test on own cumputer,
> using exp full=3Dy from the old database and imp full=3Dy for the new
> database.
> after that i have many warning like : "126 objet(s) non valide(s) dans
> le sch=E9ma OLAPSYS,"126 objet(s) non valide(s) dans le sch=E9ma
> OLAPSYS." .....
> is it normal?

Yes oracle is very big.  Are you really an OCP?  If so then
congratulations I guess.

There are a ton of articles on the internet that cover step by step
how to use exp/imp to clone a database.  Maybe you want to look at
some of those?

Also of course all the free and comprehensive documentation that
oracle provides.

Plus of course all the previous cdos discusssions related to this
topic that can be retrieved.

This takes a little more initiative and digging on your part however.
0
johnbhurley (2707)
12/20/2007 7:48:30 PM
On Dec 20, 10:25 am, noumian <n.nou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i am sorry ,but iam still learning,oracle is very big, they are things
> that i know how to d and that i have done aready, and they are things
> that i havent done before but that i have an idea about how to do it.
> its just that i want to be sure.
> i have made a test on own cumputer,
> using exp full=3Dy from the old database and imp full=3Dy for the new
> database.
> after that i have many warning like : "126 objet(s) non valide(s) dans
> le sch=E9ma OLAPSYS,"126 objet(s) non valide(s) dans le sch=E9ma
> OLAPSYS." .....
> is it normal?

This might be normal if you don't install or migrate the OLAP option
properly.  It may only be a warning if it is just a need to recompile
the objects.  I don't know offhand, but I suspect there are OLAP
objects that come from installation and shouldn't be migrated.  Are
you using OLAP?  Are you licensed for it?

You might run dbca and save the db creation script it can create.
I've found this very useful to have around during and beyond the life
of the db, together with a file notating all administrative changes
made.  One useful thing is, I can then create an empty db elsewhere
with simple file editing.  An even more useful thing is to know why
any changes from defaults were made.

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/24.92.html#subj5

I need to move oracle database from one to another server
Hello. Please take into consideratio a scenarrio... on left and hardware the same server on right SUN server SUN server Solaris Oracle database And now. Left server is working. But I stopped whole server one month ago and did _full_ backup of all filesystems. After that server and database were operating back for one month. Now. I have second SUN identical server on the right. I did full restore on this server (of all filesystems). But of course database is not up to date. I can stop oracle on left and move some files to right server. My idea is to do: On the right (new server) remove all (old) dbf files, controll files, redologs. Copy files from the original server (on left) that are has been in "work" for recent month to the second server: dbf files control files and redo logs. Then start new server on right? Is it all I have to do? Or I will meet any problems? Regards On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 07:07:27 GMT, "marqzik" <marqzik@wp.pl> wrote: >Hello. Please take into consideratio a scenarrio... >on left and hardware the same server on right > >SUN server SUN server >Solaris >Oracle database > >And now. >Left server is working. >But I stopped whole server one month ago and did _full_ backup of all >filesystems. >After that server and database were operating back for one month. >Now. >I have second SUN identical server on the right. ...

How to move Oracle Express 10 database form one machine to another one.
It seems the backup and restore method does not work. On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 23:19:54 -0700, Amber wrote: > It seems the backup and restore method does not work. Have you tried bioenery methods or just beaming the database up? -- Mladen Gogala http://mgogala.byethost5.com On Apr 17, 2:57=A0pm, Mladen Gogala <mgog...@yahoo.com> wrote: > On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 23:19:54 -0700, Amber wrote: > > It seems the backup and restore method does not work. > > Have you tried bioenery methods or just beaming the database up? > > -- > Mladen Gogalahttp://mgogala.byethost5.com...

Moving Oracle from one computer to another
I'm in the process of upgrading a number of computers to newer/faster/more reliable hardware. One of these has an Oracle instance on it. I need this instance to talk to an Oracle 7 instance on another machine, so I need to keep the 9.01 Oracle instance on one of the machines being upgraded. This machine however will have a different hostname, than the one it replaces. This is running under Linux. I've succeeded in getting the Oracle tree copied over, getting the proper run time links set up etc, and the Oracle instance on the new machine starts on boot: stan@phsepi2:/etc$ ps -ef | g...

moving a database from one server to another.
NT 4.0, IDS 7.3 Hi all I'm moving a small database (4gb) from one server to another as a favour to a mate. I'm savvy with IDS on Unix but have never used it on Windows. The database doesn't have any blobs. And the source and target operating systems and Informix versions are identical. The target machine has much more disk and memory. Looking through the manual it looks a little different to Unix. May I ask you a few questions? (Pardon my ignorance in advance). Should I use onunload/ onload or dbexport/dbimport? Do I need to run these commands through a comm...

RE: moving a database from one server to another.
How is the machine currently being archived? Have you considered just doing a straight restore from an archive? Same OS/same IDS disks set up the same so same chunks available. Unless you have very good reason to need to reorganise the data this appears to cry out for a quick and simple ontape -r. Keith -> -----Original Message----- -> From: spamfreeemail@despammed.com -> [mailto:spamfreeemail@despammed.com] -> Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 12:50 PM -> To: informix-list@iiug.org -> Subject: moving a database from one server to another. -> -> ->...

Copy data from one oracle database to another
Hello, I have 2 oracle instance. I need to copy approx 80-90 thousand records from one oracle database to another on a daily basis. The table structure is different for both the database. But the mapping for column from a table in database1 to column in database2 is going to remain constant. The databases are in the same network but may be on different machines. So I need to know what is the fastest and reliable way do that. The one way I can think is about Oracle Link between database. But I have never done this before and not sure how efficient is this ? Can anyone suggest or advise? Thanks in Advance. Kapil Kapil wrote: > Hello, > > I have 2 oracle instance. I need to copy approx 80-90 thousand records > from one oracle database to another on a daily basis. The table > structure is different for both the database. But the mapping for > column from a table in database1 to column in database2 is going to > remain constant. > The databases are in the same network but may be on different machines. > So I need to know what is the fastest and reliable way do that. > > The one way I can think is about Oracle Link between database. But I > have never done this before and not sure how efficient is this ? > > Can anyone suggest or advise? > Thanks in Advance. > > Kapil If 10g use Change Data Capture or write an external table. You can find demos of both in Morgan's Library at www....

checklist for moving a database from one server to another?
Hi all. I know that since you know nothing about my database it will be a stretch to answer this - but does anyone have a boiler plate checklist for moving a database, dts packages, agent jobs, etc...from one server to another? Maybe something that just says I should at least do x,y,z. Also if anyone out there has any hard won experience/advice about gotchas when doing this I would love to hear it. We have outgrown a server and are installing a new one this week that we need to move over to. Thanks! Hi This has all you need!! http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q314546...

How to migrate my oracle database to another server, pls
Hi everyone, I need to migrate an oracle database to another server, but keeping all equal, like a mirror, i have my original db in Solaris server, need to change it to windows 2000 server but, like i said, keeping all, table spaces, data.... how can i do this?, or where can i find information about it?, I appreciate ur help, thx Plactoon Plactoon wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I need to migrate an oracle database to another server, but keeping all > equal, like a mirror, i have my original db in Solaris server, need to > change it to windows 2000 server but, like i said, kee...

Move Oracle 10g database to another location
Hello, I am quite new using Oracle and I am making some testing on a test PC. I installed Oracle 10g and create database, tested it and all works. Now I would transfer the database to another PC that is nomore testing, but working installation. I should be glad if you could suggest best way to do this. Kind regards. Selt wrote: > Hello, > > I am quite new using Oracle and I am making some testing on a test PC. > I installed Oracle 10g and create database, tested it and all works. > Now I would transfer the database to another PC that is nomore testing, > but working ins...

how to export public synonyms from one to another oracle database
I need to export public synonyms from one to another oracle database. Since public synonyms are logical objects and owner 'PUBLIC' is also logical a can't export those owner through exp/imp utility.. example exp system/manager@pro.proliant from user = <public> file=public_synonims.dmp any idea??? Tom wrote: > I need to export public synonyms from one to another oracle database. > > Since public synonyms are logical objects and owner 'PUBLIC' is also logical > a can't export those > owner through exp/imp utility.. > example > exp system/manager@pro.proliant from user = <public> > file=public_synonims.dmp > > any idea??? > > Don't - create a script instead. -- Regards, Frank van Bortel And script looks like??? can you please write some example? "Frank van Bortel" <fvanbortel@netscape.net> wrote in message news:cvcag5$iit$2@news3.zwoll1.ov.home.nl... > Don't - create a script instead. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:50:17 +0100, Tom wrote: > > And script looks like??? > can you please write some example? Use the following steps to get an example: 1) start a browser such as Internet Explorer or Firefox 2) in the URL are, enter: http://www.google.com 3) in the text box enter: "oracle script to export public synonyms" 4) in the results page, select the first displayed link Use the skills ...

Moving Progress database from one SCO server to another.
Someone has come to me asking for help. They have an old SCO 5.0.4 server running a warehouse/distribution app using Progress. They have a newer server on which they have installed SCO 5.0.7 and copied the Progress files over. They say they can open the Progress application on the new server, but if they try to input data, it freezes. Is it possible to simply copy Progress over like that and expect it to work? If so, then maybe this is a permissions problem? TIA Al AB typed (on Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 01:03:57PM -0700): | Someone has come to me asking for help. They have an...

How to move database from one server to another? ACL problem
I moved a databese from one server (lotus 5) to another (Lotus 6). I did it simply by copying a file. On a New Server I can't manage ACL. What should I do? The best solution will be to how to do it without access to a old server? Before you move a database anywhere you first setup the ACL to match the target situation, then move it. Not the other way around. Other considerations are reader/author fields. You must consider these also if they are used. John Aylmer "Michael" <azmk@gazeta.pl> wrote in message news:c08cbd4f.0308010159.523a2e6e@posting.google.com.....

Another one bites the dust: Oracle buys Sleepycat Database
http://www.computerworld.com/databasetopics/data/software/story/0,10801,108680,00.html Pointed out first on the Informix usenet group where they are watching a great product, first marginalized, now suffering the death of a thousand paper-cuts. -- Daniel A. Morgan http://www.psoug.org damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) DA Morgan <damorgan@psoug.org> wrote: > http://www.computerworld.com/databasetopics/data/software/story/0,10801,108680,00.html Is Oracle trying to take over the world? Laurenz Albe Laurenz Albe wrote: > DA Morgan <damorgan@psoug.org> ...

Hi all I will be moving oracle from one Solaris server into another Solaris server, the IP address and box name will be changed. Oracle version is 8.1.7 and O/S is 5.8 on both servers ( just different O/S patch). Does any one know what I need to do in order to get oracle up and running again on the new server. I know that I will need to change the tnsnames.ora and listner.ora, but is there anything else that I need to do? Thanks Teresa Teresa wrote: > Hi all > > I will be moving oracle from one Solaris server into another Solaris > server, the IP address and box name will...

from sql server to oracle to ANOTHER oracle
I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax. I try to write something like SELECT * FROM LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2 but it does not work questions 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ? 2) if so, how ? thank you! On Nov 10, 10:57=A0am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. > > I have to write a query from ...

copy tables from one oracle server to another one
Hello, We're basically in a situation where we want to copy some tables from one oracle database in to another oracle database.Both of these oracle databases sits on different server and have same platform windows 2003. I'm basically new to oracle world so I don't know much about export/import utilities. Oracle environment is 9.2.0.0 on both the server. Thanks, kulkarni.ninad@gmail.com wrote in news:1191426900.151609.3860@ 19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com: > Hello, > > We're basically in a situation where we want to copy some tables from > one oracle database in ...

Another one bites the dust: Oracle buys Sleepycat open-source database vendor
http://www.computerworld.com/databasetopics/data/software/story/0,10801,108680,00.html No problem at all: IBM has already an open source embedded dbms: cloudscape If this is not enough: open source the other "embedded" dbms: informix J�rgen Buck wrote: > No problem at all: > IBM has already an open source embedded dbms: cloudscape > If this is not enough: open source the other "embedded" dbms: informix > Cloudscape doesn't have near the installed base of Sleepycat. If you have ever used DBM files on a system, this is the company that ma...

Re: <Another Pluh>Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K
From: "PeteVickers" <pete@GUI-INNOVATIONS.COM> > Hi, > forgive the 2nd plug, but we have just uploaded the NewsWire review to the > web site, or use the direct link > http://www.gui-innovations.com/NewsWire0209.pdf > "Paul H. Christidis" <phchristidis@raytheon.com> wrote in message > > Is there a way for an IMAGE/VPLUS based application to connect, extract, > > and present to the user (based on his input) data residing on an MS SQL > > server or an ORACLE database on a different host? <plug> MPE/iX Enterpr...

Re: <Another Pluh>Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K
Mr. Ryan, I Wrote: > <plug> > > MPE/iX Enterprise Client: > >www.advnetsys.com/enterprise.html >* Does not require ADO or ODBC Drivers >* Uses native access for outstanding performance. >* The middleware server is not just limited to Windows - runs on >Unix, >Linux Windows and HP e3000. >* Implements database pooling on the middleware for outstanding >performance. >* In a addition to database XL, we have available libraries for SAP >BAPI >and SOAP calls. </plug> Mr. Ryan kindly pointed out: >While your p...

Using Objects from one database in another database
I've looked around here to see if this can be done, but haven't found the answer. Here is what I want to do... I have a two databases -- One for Sales and one for Operations. These are used by two groups of people with some obvious overlap (like the boss, for example). Some of the data is the same, so I'm using only one backend database file to hold the data. However, I want to have one piece (projects) from the Operations database to also be used in the sales database. The projects piece of it consists of several forms, subforms, reports, queries, code, etc. To cut down on ...

copying data from one database to another database
I want to copy data from our production database to the development database. I want to move only the data. I do not need the table structure, constrains or anything else. I think I can use the db2move command to export out all the data like the following: db2move dbname export -tc schema1 When I load the data into our development database, will it recreate the tables? My problem is that I do not want to recreate the structure. I want to make sure that I am copying over only the data. Is db2move the best utility to move the data between two databases without making any stru...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Web resources about - moving oracle database 9 from another computer to another one - comp.databases.oracle.server

Oracle: Fear Not, ’12c’ Database Nearing Its Breakout, Says Credit Suisse
... from cloud computing applications in 2016, along with the adoption by customers of the its “ 12c ” version of its flagship relational database ...

Enterprises want to run databases in containers
More than three out of four IT decision makers are interested in running stateful applications like databases within containers, according to ...

NFL mock draft database 2016: Tracking Giants picks from around the Internet
Let's keep track of mock drafts from around the Internet as the 2016 NFL Draft approaches. Can we find a consensus for the New York Giants?

Consumer Group Sues DOT For Failure To Create Searchable Database Of Safety Defects
... about safety defects. One safety group says this hasn’t happened, and is suing DOT Secretary Anthony Foxx in an effort to make this database ...

TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers
TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers

Former Ohio cop uses cop database to stalk victim
... stalked her like an average person would, but stalked her in the way that only a police officer could: he stalked her utilizing a police database ...

U.S. Attorney Suggests Password Cardinals Used To Access Astros Scouting Database Was “Eckstein123"
... scouting director Christopher Correa plead guilty to five counts of unauthorized access to a computer for hacking the Houston Astros database. ...

Blinkbox Music's user database was just sold to... JD Sports
Of Tesco's three ailing digital Blinkbox services, its e-book store appeared to be the only one that would go gently into that good night. Eventually, ...