MS Access Database

Interested profiles should be delivered at
versatilehr.farook@gmail.com

Title: MS Access Database
Location-NC
Duration-3 months

Skills & Experience:
MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience
developing MS Access applications.
=95 SQL experience
=95 ODBC
=95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB
=95 Forms development
=95 working with DB objects
=95 Creating New Databases
 The Relational Model of Data Storage
Creating Relational Database Tables
Assigning a Primary Key to a Table
=95 Joining tables in Database
=95 Queries and Advanced Queries using conditions
=95 Macros
=95 Reporting
=95 Using Datasheets
=95 Customizing tool bars

Farook Ahmed

On 19 May, 19:15, Farook Ahmed <farook.versatil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Interested profiles should be delivered at
> versatilehr.far...@gmail.com
>
> Title: MS Access Database
> Location-NC
> Duration-3 months
>
> Skills & Experience:
> MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience
> developing MS Access applications.
> =95 SQL experience
> =95 ODBC
> =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB
> =95 Forms development
> =95 working with DB objects
> =95 Creating New Databases
> =A0The Relational Model of Data Storage
> Creating Relational Database Tables
> Assigning a Primary Key to a Table
> =95 Joining tables in Database
> =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using conditions
> =95 Macros
> =95 Reporting
> =95 Using Datasheets
> =95 Customizing tool bars
>
> Farook Ahmed

Please do not spam this newsgroup.  Posts such as these belong in
comp.databases.oracle.marketplace.
0
gareth2106 (865)

I m currently developing a java based application and want to know how can i make client access database located on the server? "HeMan_Speaks" <Lunar20092010@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d71ce567-0434-48b8-b1d2-bb191706ab45@w8g2000prd.googlegroups.com... >I m currently developing a java based application and want to know how > can i make client access database located on the server? I think you're going to have to expand a little bit more in your question here, as is not 100% quite clear what you're trying to do. You might want to make a little bit of a d...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #3
Paul, if nothing else helps, you could use Java and JDBC with the JDBC driver of the respective target database. A small example showing access to an Image/SQL database can be found on the following web page (and can be adjusted to use an MSSQL or Oracle JDBC driver and database URL/logon fairly easily)... http://www.editcorp.com/Personal/Lars_Appel/JavaDemo/ -> JdbcProgram Calling Java from COBOL as a subprogram, however, is probably not the way that I would go, if exploring this road. I would probably let a program similar to the above run as a "gateway" in a sep...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #6
On July 9, 2003 11:23 am, Duane Percox wrote: > * Performance was not that great so you wouldn't want to use this > for production, but proof of concept and for learning it is ok. Do you have any performance numbers for it all on Linux? Pete * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #3
In a message dated 7/8/03 5:23:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time, pete@bookware3000.ca writes: > It's not MS SQL or Oracle but for what it's worth, we once had a Cobol > program > accessing a PostgreSQL database that resided on a Linux server by using the > C > libraries included with Mark Bixby's PostgreSQL port. > I for one would absolutely love to see an example of that! Sometime soon (?) I hope to be able to finally spend some time working with PostgreSQL on MPE and/or Linux. Having a known working example of how to access it via COBOL is a great ...

Re: <Another Pluh>Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K
From: "PeteVickers" <pete@GUI-INNOVATIONS.COM> > Hi, > forgive the 2nd plug, but we have just uploaded the NewsWire review to the > web site, or use the direct link > http://www.gui-innovations.com/NewsWire0209.pdf > "Paul H. Christidis" <phchristidis@raytheon.com> wrote in message > > Is there a way for an IMAGE/VPLUS based application to connect, extract, > > and present to the user (based on his input) data residing on an MS SQL > > server or an ORACLE database on a different host? <plug> MPE/iX Enterpr...

I have a very frustrating problem. I have a situation that works fine on some computers, but not on others. I have SQL Server Express 2005 and Access 2003 loaded on 4 computers. I have set up a "Linked Server" in SQL Server linked to my Access database. I am running queries on t-SQL against the Access tables through the linked server. On all of the computers, I can do select queries and they all work great but what I need to do is run Update, Insert, Delete queries as well. On a couple of the computers, it works fine, locally and across the LAN, and a VPN as far as that goes. B...

SqlSpec

update oracle database when ever changes are made in access database
Hi all, well i have migrated the database from access to oracle and changes would be done in access only so i want to make same changes in the oracle database say after 10 mins. or so everytime i.e a continuous process either changes made or not so what should i do. "Varun" <varuns123@ggn.hcltech.com> wrote in message news:a76d8c39.0407272029.5df9d058@posting.google.com... > Hi all, > well i have migrated the database from access to oracle and changes > would be done in access only so i want to make same changes in the > oracle database say after 10 mins. or so everytime i.e a continuous > process either changes made or not so what should i do. Get rid of the Access database, just use it as the GUI. Jim "Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily@attbi.net> wrote in message news:<A3GNc.174982$IQ4.4937@attbi_s02>... > "Varun" <varuns123@ggn.hcltech.com> wrote in message > news:a76d8c39.0407272029.5df9d058@posting.google.com... > > Hi all, > > well i have migrated the database from access to oracle and changes > > would be done in access only so i want to make same changes in the > > oracle database say after 10 mins. or so everytime i.e a continuous > > process either changes made or not so what should i do. > Get rid of the Access database, just use it as the GUI. > Jim but the problem is that the actual application that we are enhancing is using access and ...

how to access database control of many oracle10g database instances on same server
I am on Redhat Linux 9 and using Oracle 10G (10.0.1.3?). I know how to create a Oracle database instance and use EM database control to administer the database. To access database control from a browser, Oracle asks to enter a URL: http://server_name:5500/em The URL does not specify the ORACLE_SID. I however want to create several database instances on the same box. Will Oracle automatically set up a different port (e.g., 5501) for second instance. All the documentation I have found on Oracle's web site refers to a single database instance on a server. Appreciate any pointers. Thanks a lot, Prem You need to read about Grid Control. Actually when you create your database using DBCA, it should ask you whether you want to use Grid Control or DB Console. Jining Han Jining Han wrote: > You need to read about Grid Control. Actually when you create your > database using DBCA, it should ask you whether you want to use Grid > Control or DB Console. > > Jining Han I hae read about Grid Control, but I think there is still a way to access many instnaces on the same server using database control. Prem Of course you can, a DB Console for each database, and you can choose that as your preferred approach, too. But I really think it's a waste of resources and a big inconvenience. You are probably better off with the "tradictional" desktop console. Just my 2 cents. Jining Han <premmehrotra@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:...

Coverting/Exporting Ms Access databases to Oracle 9i?
Hi, Guys How can I condense or convert access databases to oracle 9i? I know you can import via comma delimited file, or text file but is there a new method in converting access db to oracle? Any insight would be great ?? Edward Edward Ascencio wrote: > Hi, Guys > > > > How can I condense or convert access databases to oracle 9i? > I know you can import via comma delimited file, or text file but is there a > new method in converting access db to oracle? > > Any insight would be great ?? How about using ODBC from Access to Oracle. Force object names to be all UPPER case in Oracle. Ana C. Dent wrote: > Edward Ascencio wrote: > >> Hi, Guys >> >> >> >> How can I condense or convert access databases to oracle 9i? >> I know you can import via comma delimited file, or text file but is >> there a >> new method in converting access db to oracle? >> >> Any insight would be great ?? > > > How about using ODBC from Access to Oracle. > Force object names to be all UPPER case in Oracle. > Or you could set up a heterogeneous service via odbc for the access db, create a dblink to the access db and do a "create table <oratable> as select * from <accesstable>@<dblink>" Thanks !!! "Glen A Stromquist" <glen_stromquist@no_spam_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1_o_b.45124$Ff2.2324@clgrps12... > Ana C. Dent...

Adding records to a SQL Server database from MS Access
Thanks in advance for your help. I have just upsized an Access database to SQL Server with the hope of using a fairly extensive Access application that was part of it. But now, the forms will not allow the addition of new records (the >* button is greyed out). The forms use a macro to advance the dataset to a new record. How can I get the additions (inserts) turned back on? Regards. ...

How a server oracle can read mdb(access) database
Hi. I have a server "A" with oracle 10g express (free) and a server "B" with an Access database. I need that an application that uses oracle server can reads tables on "B". How can i do this? Can do i make a Local View on "A" of "B"? thanks On Apr 30, 11:49 am, Raimo <m0...@yahoo.it> wrote: > Hi. I have a server "A" with oracle 10g express (free) and a server > "B" with an Access database. > I need that an application that uses oracle server can reads tables on > "B". How can i do this? > Can do i make a Local View on "A" of "B"? > thanks You can attach odbc tables in Access, but performance sucks big time when Access tries to resolve queries on remote tables. Keep all your data in Oracle and use passthrough queries so that Oracle does the clever stuff. (Or keep everything in Access - but concurrent access sucks). C. On 30 Apr, 14:28, "C. (http://symcbean.blogspot.com/)" <..> wrote: > On Apr 30, 11:49 am, Raimo <molok> wrote: > > > Hi. I have a server "A" with oracle 10g express (free) and a server > > "B" with an Access database. > > I need that an application that uses oracle server can reads tables on > > "B". How can i do this? > > Can do i make a Local View on "A" of "B"? > > thanks > > You can attach odbc tables in Access, ...

Php and DataBase Abstraction for mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access?
Is there a good DataBase Abstraction layer that will handle the mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access engines? I do not wish to write the same functions with the three different PHP db functions. I see that php_dba is listed as an extension, but I determine which DBs are supported. However, I think that it does not support the ones I need. Thanks David wrote: > Is there a good DataBase Abstraction layer that will handle the > mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access engines? I do not wish to write the > same functions with the three different PHP db functions. > > I see that php_...

Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle
Hi, I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle. - Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file? - In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert , insert ...), so you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql <file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there is a infdump direcorty) - Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a database from infomix to oracle? Best Regards Sven Anders, Digitec GmbH Sven Anders wrote: > Hi, > I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, > but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle. > > - Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file? > > - In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole > database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert , > insert ...), so > you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql > <file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there > is a > infdump direcorty) dbexport > - Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a database from > infomix to oracle? dbexport? -- Ciao, The Obnoxious One "Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi ...

Web resources about - MS Access Database - comp.databases.oracle.server