Opening files from one server to another (connect to Apache/Oracle server)

Hi,
We have a web setup where we're using two servers, one of which is
using an ASP application running a SQL Server database, the other is
using Oracle with Apache.  Basically, we want users to be able to open
files such as Adobe Acrobat PDF documents (which are stored on the
Oracle server) via clicking links in pages on the other (SQL) server.
We have security set up that each site requires a user ID and password
to access site content, so we need to figure out how we can make the
sites communicate that when the file link is clicked, the file is
opened.  We currently get a 404 (Forbidden) message.  I've been told
that there are stored settings in some header section (not sure if this
would be Apache or Oracle doing this) to handle the user ID and
password security, so my guess is we need info as to how we can make
the sites handshake with this protocol.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Brian

0
menairb74 (1)

Server to server = Server client to server?
For a server to server connection, is the connecting server considered as a client of the accepting server or is it not? I have the following classes: Connection <--- base class of the following two ClientConnection <--- client ServerConnection <--- server ServerClientConnection <--- server as a client of another server. But then I came across something that states "A client is anything connected to a server that is not another client". Comments please... Just remember! Server ( programm ) is always listening a connections!!! - wrote: &g...

How to connect from web server to Oracle server?
I am converting an applet from Sybase to Oracle and I haven't yet found information on how to accomplish the connect from the end-user's browser-running applet and the Oracle server. Our understanding is that the applet, running on end-users' PC's, can only connect to the web server which "served" the applet to the users' browsers. In our configuration, the Oracle server is a separate machine from the web server. Therefore it would appear that we will need to install some sort of middleware on the web server that will pass the Oracle traffic back and forth betw...

Hi all I will be moving oracle from one Solaris server into another Solaris server, the IP address and box name will be changed. Oracle version is 8.1.7 and O/S is 5.8 on both servers ( just different O/S patch). Does any one know what I need to do in order to get oracle up and running again on the new server. I know that I will need to change the tnsnames.ora and listner.ora, but is there anything else that I need to do? Thanks Teresa Teresa wrote: > Hi all > > I will be moving oracle from one Solaris server into another Solaris > server, the IP address and box name will...

Oracle application server and AIX apache server
Dears, One of my customer has just installed Oracle application server which automatically install apache server for oracle on aix. It is working fine......now the problem is that he also wants documentation server to be functional. Now i want to know whether i have to install AIX apache server ( from AIX5.2 bonus pack CD or from net ) and then use smitty options to configure internet and documentation search server or there is any way to use apache server installed by application server running at some port like 5790. Also can two apache servers on the same machine work at different ports??? ...

Copying files from one server to another servers
Hi: Im my job we have 30 solaris servers and 40 Red Hat servers, and I=B4d like know which is the best and secure way to copy scripts and files from one server to another linux and solaris servers. I=B4m tired to make this task to all this servers manually. Thank you. On May 21, 7:31 pm, apogeusiste...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi: > Im my job we have 30 solaris servers and 40 Red Hat servers, and I=B4d > like > know which is the best and secure way to copy scripts and files from > one > server to another linux and solaris servers. I=B4m tired to make this > task to > all th...

Hi all, I have a client/server application that work on the client with oracle 8i client connected to oracle 8i server, Im going to upgrade the server to oracle 9i (or oracle10g) , and I wonder if the client will work fine without upgrade version. Thanks Angel R. wrote: > Hi all, > I have a client/server application that work on the client with oracle 8i > client connected to > oracle 8i server, Im going to upgrade the server to oracle 9i (or oracle10g) > , and > I wonder if the client will work fine without upgrade version. > > Thanks If...

I am wondering if we can install this Server on Windows 2003 Server without any problems. Is there anybody that did that before? Thanks in advance if someone know the answer. Yvon Bouchard, B. Sc. Computer Science Teacher http://info.cegepat.qc.ca/siteyvon I've installed it on windows 2003 enterprise ed. about 1 month ago without any problem. I've installed the version 9.2.0.1 with the patch to 9.2.0.3. 9.2.0.3 is the only version certified by oracle for win 2003. Ciao "Yvon Bouchard" <yvon.bouchard@cablevision.qc.ca> ha scritto nel messaggio n...

Connection the oracle server fails for domain restricted server
Hello, I am using Orion as my application server and Oracle 8.1.6 as the database. The problem is that the database that needs to be acceessed from my application has domain restricted authorization and is remote. I can access it from an authorized domain using TOAD, sqlplus etc. Only when I try to access it using my appliation (where the database connection details are stored in datasources.xml) I get an invalid username/password: logon denied error! I know the connection details are correct since i have checked similar connections to non-domain restriceted oracle servers. Has...

I need to move oracle database from one to another server
Hello. Please take into consideratio a scenarrio... on left and hardware the same server on right SUN server SUN server Solaris Oracle database And now. Left server is working. But I stopped whole server one month ago and did _full_ backup of all filesystems. After that server and database were operating back for one month. Now. I have second SUN identical server on the right. I did full restore on this server (of all filesystems). But of course database is not up to date. I can stop oracle on left and move some files to right server. My idea is to do: On the ...

from sql server to oracle to ANOTHER oracle
I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. I have to write a query from sql server that connecto to the oracle server, and the use a database link from that oracle db to another oracle db. I'm not able to find the syntax. I try to write something like SELECT * FROM LINKTOORACLE..mm510TAL.CSHDET@ORAGATE2 but it does not work questions 1) is is possible to use nested dblinks ? 2) if so, how ? thank you! On Nov 10, 10:57=A0am, Alberto Marchi <alberto.rol...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a linked server to a oracle db, that works. > > I have to write a query from ...

How to setup the apache server in way that you can manage from one the apache server machine different web server machines with own web directory ?
I wish to create something looks like web farm when I can manage every web servers with web sites files on different virtual machines by one main apache server . How to do it ? Thank you for any suggestions! ...

Connecting to a Server on a Server
I have a chat client that needs to connect to a chat server in order to function. This is for research use so I have access to an academic server named Updraft. For this research, Updraft acts as a central point where all data is accumulated. It would be real nice if I could have all the chat client connect to the chat server that resides on Updraft. I problem I see here is that Updraft uses SSH and the chat clients use IO::Socket::INET. That means that first a user would have to login to Updraft using SSH then the client program creates a socket using IO::Socket::INET. That seems a bit strang...

copy tables from one oracle server to another one
Hello, We're basically in a situation where we want to copy some tables from one oracle database in to another oracle database.Both of these oracle databases sits on different server and have same platform windows 2003. I'm basically new to oracle world so I don't know much about export/import utilities. Oracle environment is 9.2.0.0 on both the server. Thanks, kulkarni.ninad@gmail.com wrote in news:1191426900.151609.3860@ 19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com: > Hello, > > We're basically in a situation where we want to copy some tables from > one oracle database in ...

WINODS NT SERVER Oracle
I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, i.e., one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the workarounds. Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. Do same problem exist with pcAnywhere, VNC desktop, Citrix client. Thanks, Prem On 19 Feb 2004 18:38:10 -0800, premmehrotra@hotmail.com (Prem K Mehrotra) wrote: >I have Oracle database running on a Wi...

Web resources about - Opening files from one server to another (connect to Apache/Oracle server) - comp.databases.oracle.server

Opening of the Liverpool and Manchester Railway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The opening of the Liverpool and Manchester Railway ( L&M ) took place on 15 September 1830. Work on the L&M began in the 1820s, to connect the ...

Facebook Weekly Highlights Brings You The NFL’s Opening Week, More U.S. Open Action
Facebook Weekly Highlights features photos posted to the social network by celebrities and athletes. This week’s edition featured the photo to ...

need2know: Futures point to opening dive
Local shares are poised to open lower as tech and bank shares fell overseas, amid heightening global economic worries.

Cute sea lion pup discovered seated at San Diego restaurant by cleaners before opening time
A hungry sea lion pup surprises cleaners by wandering into a seaside restaurant in California before opening time.

Craig Finn played the American Songbook series, opening for Titus Andronicus
Craig Finn at Lincoln Center (photo via Cat Wei) Although this was a Craig Finn "solo" show, he played with a full band of massively talented ...

The opening bell in sports, February 8, 2016 - Business Insider Deutschland
These are the plays your friends and coworkers will be talking about Monday morning.

BLS: Jobs Openings increased in December
From the BLS: Job Openings and Labor Turnover Summary The number of job openings increased to 5.6 million on the last business day of December ...

Job openings rise in December
Hires inched high enough to surpass December 2007, the first month of the recession.

Apple may be close to opening stores in India
The Indian government is reportedly ready to push through Apple's application to set up retail shops in the country, one of the fastest-growing ...

Fabletics Seeks New Subscribers By Opening Stores In Malls
... House for yoga pants. Yet the company is doing something sort of unexpected for a retailer that uses this business model: they’re opening a ...