Oracle 10g 10.0.2 client, to connect oracle 8 server

Dear Group members,

  I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and
8i

it is working very good with the 9i and 10g..
when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error

<b>  "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer
supported." </b>

Can i install, 2 or more  version of oracle clients in same system,
becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some
SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will
infect my software .. process..

if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before
installation ..

 What is the best oracle client software can suitable for most of the
server's

>  I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and
> 8i
>
> it is working very good with the 9i and 10g..
> when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error
>
> <b>  "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer
> supported." </b>
>

> Can i install, 2 or more  version of oracle clients in same system,
> becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some
> SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will
> infect my software .. process..

Yes you can, I currently have 3 versions Oracle 8.0.4, Oracle 9.2 and Oracle
10.2 on my work PC. No problem.

> if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before
> installation ..

If you want 8.0 compatibility you have to install the clients in numeric
order, first 8, then 8.1, then 9 then 10. The older versions dont support
multiple oralce homes.

> What is the best oracle client software can suitable for most of the
> server's

I use what fits the server, there is nothing like the real thing.
Older clients dont understand new database featiures and vice versa.
Particularly when using clients like import and export there is no real
substitute for the right version.

It works fine to export from a 9 database with a 9 cleint and then import
the dump file using oracle 10 import in a 10 base.

Versions are a pest but you have to live with them.

Greetings from Denmark
Jesper Wolf  Jespersen

0
Jesper

Connection from Oracle Developer Suite 10g 9.0.4.0.1 to Oracle DB 10g Release 10.1.0.2.0
Hi, I have installed Oracle DB 10g Release 10.1.0.2.0 on Windows XP. START->ALL PROGS->oracle-OraDb10g_home3 Location of TNSNAMES FILE: C:\oracle\product\10.1.0\db_3\NETWORK\ADMIN\TNSNAMES.ORA with two alias: 1)ORCL3 2) EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA I can logon to database via SQL*PLUS and I can log on to EM on the web as well using ORCL3. After that I installed Oracle Developer Suite 10g 9.0.4.0.1 to my the same computer. During installation it was not allowing me to install this suite to the same ORACLE home. I installed this in the following home: START->ALL PROGS->...

Hi all, I have a client/server application that work on the client with oracle 8i client connected to oracle 8i server, Im going to upgrade the server to oracle 9i (or oracle10g) , and I wonder if the client will work fine without upgrade version. Thanks Angel R. wrote: > Hi all, > I have a client/server application that work on the client with oracle 8i > client connected to > oracle 8i server, Im going to upgrade the server to oracle 9i (or oracle10g) > , and > I wonder if the client will work fine without upgrade version. > > Thanks If...

Oracle server 9.2.0.1.0, Client 9.2.0.4.0, Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1
Hi Everybody, My Database server is running on Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1, And my Oracle version is 9.2.0.1.0. My Client mechine also Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1 , Oracle client version is 9.2.0.4.0. I am running a web application. Our application is in Magic edeveloper. I connect to Oracle using oracle gateway to my application. My Problem is my application is is becoming slow. I am not able to trace where the problem is. Before our application was running fine. recently i upgraded Oracle client version to 9.2.0.4.0. My Oracle client & server versi...

Oracle Database 10g Client Release 2 (10.2.0.1.0) as MSI-package
Hi. Does anyone know if there is any tool or any guidelines for converting/creating a MSI-package out of an Oracle Database 10g Client Release 2 (10.2.0.1.0) . Anders Hi, Im also eagerly waiting for a answer to this question? Kindly update me if there is any,... thks congo77@gmail.com wrote: > Hi. > Does anyone know if there is any tool or any guidelines for > converting/creating a MSI-package out of an Oracle Database 10g Client > Release 2 (10.2.0.1.0) . > > Anders calms wrote: > Hi, > > Im also eagerly waiting for a answer to t...

I am in the last stages of installing Oracle Server 10gR2 Enterprise Edition on a UNIX AIX server. When window "Execute Configuration Scripts" comes up it tells me to execute "/u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/root.sh". The ".../oracle/oracle/..." stops me cold. I look back in my notes and everything I wrote suggests I had entered ".../oracle/product/....." for my ORACLE_HOME. I look at the install log in /u01/app/oracle/oraInventory/logs and see: "INFO: Setting variable 'ORACLE_HOME' to '/u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/d...

which oracle client for aix 5.3 to connect to an Oracle 8.0.5/Win database ?
Hello, i need to access a 8.0.5 database on win2000 from a aix 5.3 system. which client do i need to install on the aix 5.3 machine ? Thank you, Bud On Jan 11, 2:24 pm, "Bud" <tulsa...@gmx.de> wrote: > Hello, > > i need to access a 8.0.5 database on win2000 from a aix 5.3 system. > > which client do i need to install on the aix 5.3 machine ? > > Thank you, > > Bud I don't think there is one. 8.0.5 was desupported in the previous milennium and has never been available for 5.3, which didn't exist at that time. 9i doesn't connect t...

Install problems with Oracle installer 2.2 for Oracle 9i Client 9.2.0.1.0
Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong forum - I am an Oracle Newbie. Here are my computer specs : Windows 2003 - fully patch from Microsoft as of Sept 4th 2004 HP LP2000r 1 x 1,1 Gig Intel processor 1 GB RAM Hardware RAID 1, 12 GB with 8 GB freespace Clean install, no other programs. At first I tried running the Oracle installer program from the CD ROM and came up with the error that it could not find the javaw.exe program. I then tried installing and reinstalling several versions of java to no avail. Next I searched through groups.google and found the solution: 1. Copy t...

update Oracle from 10.2.0.2.0 to 10.2.0.2.0
Where can I get the software for 10g 10.2.0.2.0. for Windows XP 32 bit. Thank you very much. "keekee" <moongeegee@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: f3b21ed0-12fd-4812-b9da-60cf59d508b9@i9g2000yqi.googlegroups.com... | Where can I get the software for 10g 10.2.0.2.0. for Windows XP 32 | bit. | Thank you very much. On Metalink (My Oracle Support). https://support.oracle.com/CSP/ui/flash.html Regards Michel ...

Installing oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 server
Hi All, Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 server? Thanks Ed Ed <arub11@yahoo.com> wrote in news:61dc863c-fde2-426b-adc7-c77de59a1703 @n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com: > Hi All, > > Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 > server? > Most definitely in seperate directory trees On Jul 26, 11:33=A0am, "Ana C. Dent" <anaced...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Ed <aru...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:61dc863c-fde2-426b-adc7-c77de59a1703 > @n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com: > > > Hi All, > &g...

Compatibility between Forms 6.0.8, client 8.0.6 and Server 10.2.0.2?
I'm using Server side: Oracle server 10.2.0.2 (Windows Server 2003) Client side (Windows XP SP2): Net 8 client: 8.0.6.3.2c SQL Plus: 8.0.6.0.0 Application: Forms Runtime: 6.0.8.25.0 Reports Runtime: 6.0.8.25.0 Graphics Runtime: 6.0.8.17.1 Will my client 8.0.6 work properly with 10.2.0.2 server? I tried it, and it seems to work fine, but I'm afraid of some compatibility problems that might come up. It should go in the production in the next 2-3 days, so I don't have enough time for testing. Can I use newer version of cli...

Compatibility between Forms 6.0.8, client 8.0.6 and Server 10.2.0.2?
I'm using Server side: Oracle server 10.2.0.2 (Windows Server 2003) Client side (Windows XP SP2): Net 8 client: 8.0.6.3.2c SQL Plus: 8.0.6.0.0 Application: Forms Runtime: 6.0.8.25.0 Reports Runtime: 6.0.8.25.0 Graphics Runtime: 6.0.8.17.1 Will my client 8.0.6 work properly with 10.2.0.2 server? I tried it, and it seems to work fine, but I'm afraid of some compatibility problems that might come up. It should go in the production in the next 2-3 days, so I don't have enough time for testing. Can I use newer version of client to work with Forms 6i? If so, wit...

massive performance drop Oracle 9i on multi processor system (Windows Server 2003, Oracle 9i, 9.2.0.6.0)
The performance of some complex PL/SQL functions has dropped dramatically since migrating from Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.0) on Windows Server 2000 to 9i (9.2.0.6.0) on Windows Server 2003. We found out, that Oracle 9i performance on a multi processor CPU machine (our server has 4 XEON CPUs, Hyperthreading is disabled in BIOS) is highly dependent on init.ora parameters; unfortunately our trial and error approach to find the proper settings (we searched Oracle Tech Net (OTN) and google groups without success) did not help so far. We are testing performance behaviour with some business critical PL/SQL ...

oracle database 9.2.0.8 32bit and windows server 2003 64bit
Hello! What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit database? Any suggestion? Regards - MJ On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are de...

Oracle Database 10g Release 2 (10.2.0.1.0) for Solaris Operating System (x86-64)
10gR2 for Solaris x64 is now on OTN. <URL:http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/oracle10g/> John groenveld@acm.org On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 01:07:28 +0000, John D Groenveld wrote: > 10gR2 for Solaris x64 is now on OTN. > <URL:http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/oracle10g/> > > John > groenveld@acm.org Is that AMD or Itanic? -- http://www.mgogala.com "Mladen Gogala" <gogala@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:pan.2006.03.30.03.33.27.609190@sbcglobal.net... > On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 01:07:28 +0000, Joh...

Oracle 10g and Oracle 9iR2 together on a SuSE 9.0 Linux Server is that working?
We have a productive installed site of Oracle 9iR2 on a SuSE 9.0 Intel Server. We heared that Oracle 10g is much faster and we really need this performance improvement urgently. 1. Did anyone have already Oracle 10g installed on a Linux SuSE 9.0 Server? If yes does it really perform much better? 2. Did anyone install Oracle 10g and Oracle 9IR2 on the same maschine? What Problems do I have to expect? Any constructive comments are welcome Maximilian igse@bluewin.ch <igse@bluewin.ch> wrote in message news:1082125225.552190@ftpgate... > We have a productive in...

Running ORACLE 8.1.7 & ORACLE 9.2 on the same UNIX server
Hi, I have recently installed ORACLE 9.2 Database on a UNIX server (2.8) which already has ORACLE 8.1.7. They have both a different SID and ORACLE_BASE. However I am having to use the ORACLE 8 listener for both ORACLE databases. Is it possible to run separate ORACLE 8 and ORACLE 9 listeners? Hello, There are no difficulty to use 2 listeners on the same machine. The point is that default listener used to listen on port 1521 (or 1526). You will have to change your listener configuration( netasst or by hand) in order to use a different port number, a different listener name...

Oracle Application Server 10g Release 2 (10.1.2)
question related to Oracle Application Server 10g Release 2 (10.1.2) in Unix HP OS. does anyone know if there is a OAS prompt command that allow me to upadate the java-options and the environmental variables in the file ../opmn/conf/opmn.xml? is the only way to change it from the console or manually? thanks -- http://pguiducci.com mazapegul schreef: > question related to Oracle Application Server 10g Release 2 (10.1.2) in > Unix HP OS. > > does anyone know if there is a OAS prompt command that allow me to > upadate the java-options and the environment...

Connecting to Oracle 8.0.4 Database using 8.1.7 client
I am installing an SAP application server, and would like it to be as clean as possible. Is it possible to use Oracle 8.1.7 client software to communicate with an 8.0.4 database on the SAP Central and Database instance. TIA Chris Kernaghan aka BoobBoo On 7 Jan 2003 04:41:39 -0800, chris_kernaghan@hotmail.com (Chris) wrote: >I am installing an SAP application server, and would like it to be as >clean as possible. > >Is it possible to use Oracle 8.1.7 client software to communicate with >an 8.0.4 database on the SAP Central and Database instance. > >TIA > >Chri...

Connecting to Oracle 8.0.4 Database using 8.1.7 client software
I am installing an SAP application server, and would like it to be as clean as possible. Is it possible to use Oracle 8.1.7 client software to communicate with an 8.0.4 database on the SAP Central and Database instance. TIA Chris Kernaghan ...

Comparisons Oracle 11.1.0.7 to Oracle 10.2.0.4
I have made some performance comparison tests on test computers and it has turned out that the Oracle 11 databases are in general slower compared to the Oracle 10 databases by 10 to 30%. The databases are running on Windows Vista and Windows 2003 64 Bit. We hope that the release 2 of Oracle 11 gives some enhancements because in general there are not many advantages regarding new features useable for us. Has someone made similar comparison results? Arne Ortlinghaus ACS Data Systems On Oct 22, 5:37=A0am, "Arne Ortlinghaus" <Arne.Ortlingh...@acs.it> wrote: snip > I ...

Best Way to Access remote Oracle 10.2.0.1.0 DB from a Linux server
I want to use a perl or unix script running on a linux server to access an Oracle v. 10.2.0.1.0 database on a remote machine, and process the output with the script. What is the best way to do this? I'm thinking some possible options are: install Oracle 11 cllient (assume it is backwards compatible), install the entire Oracle database v.11, or install Oracle express. Appreciate your comments. Johan Johan <johango99@yahoo.com> wrote in news:db01b8d1-577b-4310-89af- 97465a3623c3@w28g2000hsf.googlegroups.com: > I want to use a perl or unix script running on a linux server to >...

I would like to know if someone could help me with this topic, I'm traying to analize and chek which Oracle Patches are appplied to an Oracle DataBase Server >chek which Oracle Patches are appplied to an Oracle DataBase Server If they were applied with oPatch, then "opatch lsinventory" should show you what's there. If you did not use oPatch, then I have no clue. ;-) BD wrote: > >chek which Oracle Patches are appplied to an Oracle DataBase Server > > If they were applied with oPatch, then "opatch lsinventory" should show > you what's ther...

Web resources about - Oracle 10g 10.0.2 client, to connect oracle 8 server - comp.databases.oracle.server

Connect Four - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Connect Four (also known as Captain's Mistress , Four Up , Plot Four , Find Four , Fourplay , Four in a Row and Four in a Line ) is a two-player ...

Connect
mobile photography technology, culture and community www.dpreview.com News Reviews Features Phones Tablets Cameras Apps Forums Mobile photography ...

Kinvey Connects Mobile Apps To Facebook’s Open Graph
Facebook’s open graph technology is great for Web applications that want to better connect with users through the social network. But what about ...

Feature Request: 7 ways Apple Music Connect could be improved
... two years later . This year, alongside the announcement of the highly anticipated Apple Music streaming service , the company launched Connect, ...

Dating App Festar Connects Users Based on Mutual Interests, Not Looks
... release in Japanese, dating app Festar has launched in beta on Android in 13 countries in English and Korean. From AI Pacific , Festar connects ...

Morocco Connects First Unit of Giant Noor Solar Complex to Grid
The first phase of North Africa’s largest solar-power complex was connected to the grid in Morocco, with a generating capacity of 160 megawatts. ...

Qualcomm’s New LTE Gigabit Modem Will Make Phones Very Fast… If It Ever Gets A Network To Connect To
... powers the majority of Android phone brands, including Samsung, LG, Nokia, Motorola, and HTC handsets. They also have a reach into most connected ...

NYC mayor wants a streetcar to connect Brooklyn and Queens
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio is once again trying to make an impact on transportation but this time it's with streetcars, not taxi apps. ...

How to Immediately Connect With Anyone
Too many people succumb to the mistaken belief that connecting with people is an innate skill that belongs only to the lucky few

How Donald Trump Is Using Daughter Ivanka to Help Him Connect With Female Voters
How Donald Trump Is Using Daughter Ivanka to Help Him Connect With Female Voters