Oracle 817 on Windows 2003 Server?

Hello...

Has anyone used 817 on Windows 2003 Server? Our instances
are fairly plain and work fine on Win2k servers.

Any issues?

Thx,
D.

0
dsmcd (10)

dsmcd <dsmcd@stopspamdormouse.net> wrote in news:wGrYb.115$ye6.29399
@news.uswest.net:

> Has anyone used 817 on Windows 2003 Server? Our instances
> are fairly plain and work fine on Win2k servers.

Then keep it like that, 8.1.7 is not likely to be certified on Win2k3 - it
is almost desupported.

Sander
0
sander8600 (14)
2/17/2004 8:14:51 PM
Sander Goudswaard <sander@example.com> wrote:
>dsmcd <dsmcd@stopspamdormouse.net> wrote in
>@news.uswest.net:
>
>> Has anyone used 817 on Windows 2003 Server? Our
>>instances
>> are fairly plain and work fine on Win2k servers.
>
>Then keep it like that, 8.1.7 is not likely to be
>certified on Win2k3 - it
>is almost desupported.

Sounds reasonable. Was hoping learn Win2k3, though. Such is
life.

Thx,
D.

0
dsmcd (10)
2/17/2004 10:44:23 PM
dsmcd <dsmcd@stopspamdormouse.net> wrote in message news:<wGrYb.115$ye6.29399@news.uswest.net>...
> Hello...
>
> Has anyone used 817 on Windows 2003 Server? Our instances
> are fairly plain and work fine on Win2k servers.
>
> Any issues?
>
> Thx,
> D.

assuming that you are installing on a Pentium IV (Xeon MP)
you'll need to apply the OUI patchset that works.

Readme for bug number 1507768

A copy of OUI 1.7.1.10.0 is being provided to be used
in a work around for installing on Pentium 4 processors.

p1507768_171_WINNT.zip

you're better off to migrate to 9.2.0.4, but you may have restrictions
from your vendor.
even if the database is running 8.1.7.4.13, you might want to run a
9.2.0.4 listener for it.

if you're setting up a new server, I'd allocate enough space to the
volume containing the ORACLE_BASE to hold binaries for:
8.1.7.x
9.2.0.x
10.x
plus admin files and core dumps

10 GB sounds like a good number, if you're installing 10g. :)

Pd
0
drak0nian (276)
2/17/2004 11:37:43 PM
drak0nian@yahoo.com (Paul Drake) wrote in message news:<1ac7c7b3.0402171537.2defdfbf@posting.google.com>...
> dsmcd <dsmcd@stopspamdormouse.net> wrote in message news:<wGrYb.115$ye6.29399@news.uswest.net>...
> > Hello...
> >
> > Has anyone used 817 on Windows 2003 Server? Our instances
> > are fairly plain and work fine on Win2k servers.
> >
> > Any issues?
> >
> > Thx,
> > D.
>
> assuming that you are installing on a Pentium IV (Xeon MP)
> you'll need to apply the OUI patchset that works.
>
> Readme for bug number 1507768
>
> A copy of OUI 1.7.1.10.0 is being provided to be used
> in a work around for installing on Pentium 4 processors.
>
> p1507768_171_WINNT.zip
>
> you're better off to migrate to 9.2.0.4, but you may have restrictions
> from your vendor.
> even if the database is running 8.1.7.4.13, you might want to run a
> 9.2.0.4 listener for it.
>
> if you're setting up a new server, I'd allocate enough space to the
> volume containing the ORACLE_BASE to hold binaries for:
> 8.1.7.x
> 9.2.0.x
> 10.x
> plus admin files and core dumps
>
> 10 GB sounds like a good number, if you're installing 10g. :)
>
> Pd

oops.
8.1.7 is not supported on w2k3 32 bit.
see metalink Note:161546.1
Oracle Database Server support Matrix for Windows XP / 2003 32-Bit

Pd
0
drak0nian (276)

oracle database 9.2.0.8 32bit and windows server 2003 64bit
Hello! What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit database? Any suggestion? Regards - MJ On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA thx. I will check Uzytkownik "sybrandb" <sybrandb@gmail.com> napisal w wiadomosci news:b5d54371-bf21-439b-85c3-ae21dafc21be@3g2000yqk.googlegroups.com... On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA On Apr 15, 5:16=A0am, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on &g...

massive performance drop Oracle 9i on multi processor system (Windows Server 2003, Oracle 9i, 9.2.0.6.0)
The performance of some complex PL/SQL functions has dropped dramatically since migrating from Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.0) on Windows Server 2000 to 9i (9.2.0.6.0) on Windows Server 2003. We found out, that Oracle 9i performance on a multi processor CPU machine (our server has 4 XEON CPUs, Hyperthreading is disabled in BIOS) is highly dependent on init.ora parameters; unfortunately our trial and error approach to find the proper settings (we searched Oracle Tech Net (OTN) and google groups without success) did not help so far. We are testing performance behaviour with some business critical PL/SQL procedures that do authorization calculations for our application. Simplified these functions do a lot of inserts, deletes and selects in/from tables (being used as temp tables in lack of in memory temp table support of oracle 9i). We can monitor the progress within the stored procedure by using UTL_FILE functions to write a log file into the file system of the server; we real time monitor the log file using "tail -f". <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); [...] When setting "CPU_COUNT = 1" in init.ora the function will typically run up to 10 seconds, when setting "CPU_COUNT = 4" it will take more than 2 minutes (!!!) We experimented with the following other parameters so far: db_writer_processes (set to 4 in combination with cpu_count = 4) fast_start_parall...

Oracle and Windows Server 2003
Does the Oracle work with Windows Server 2003 and .NET? I am trying to run an ASP.NET app and keep getting the error "System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL (OraOps9.dll)". The dll in in the Oracle bin directory and I have relaxed permissions for ASP.NET and IUSR_machinename. This worked fine on Windows XP. I have downloaded all the latest patches for the client. Am I trying to do the impossible? Do I have to revert to XP? TIA David "David Rose" <drose2929@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<bo9a8e$qlo$1@bob.news.rcn.net>... > Does the Oracle work with Windows Server 2003 and .NET? I am trying to run > an ASP.NET app and keep getting the error "System.DllNotFoundException: > Unable to load DLL (OraOps9.dll)". The dll in in the Oracle bin directory > and I have relaxed permissions for ASP.NET and IUSR_machinename. > > This worked fine on Windows XP. I have downloaded all the latest patches > for the client. Am I trying to do the impossible? Do I have to revert to > XP? > > TIA > > David There is a separate version of Oracle 9.2.0.1 for Winblows 2003. Which necessarily means that all the other versions are not guaranteed to work. You could easily have looked this up in the download section of any official Oracle site. Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA Sybrand, I got the client from: Oracle Software Downloads -> Database ->...

WINODS NT SERVER Oracle
I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, i.e., one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the workarounds. Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. Do same problem exist with pcAnywhere, VNC desktop, Citrix client. Thanks, Prem On 19 Feb 2004 18:38:10 -0800, premmehrotra@hotmail.com (Prem K Mehrotra) wrote: >I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing >the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service >Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, >i.e., >one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the >workarounds. Because Microsoft is Microsoft and Microsoft doesn't support the BEQ protocol used by Oracle for this purpose. The only lousy workaround is to use set local=<tns service name> prior to connecting to sql*plus in a cmd window. Also you can't use the lsnrctl program to start and stop the listener for the same reason. You need to bounce the service. > >Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console >wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. OEM? It works! Need to save the init.ora on the Oracle Enterprise Management Server, using OEM, but that is about there is. Or dump Microsux T...

Running Oracle 8.1.x and Oracle 9i on same Windows 2000 Server
I'm attempting to run an Oracle 8.1.7 database and and Oracle 9i database on the same Windows 2000 Server. Before doing this has anyone ran this configuration and are there any things I must watch out for prior to installing the Oracle 9i software? Thanks for the assistance. David David wrote: > I'm attempting to run an Oracle 8.1.7 database and and Oracle 9i database > on the same Windows 2000 Server. > > Before doing this has anyone ran this configuration and are there any > things I must watch out for prior to installing the Oracle 9i software? > > Thanks for the assistance. > David Environment variables Multiple Oracle Homes Lack of resources It can be done. Many have done it. It still isn't a good idea if it can be avoided. And please, in the future, do NOT cross-post. -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) ...

Download Oracle 9.2 for windows 2003 server
Hi, Where can I download Oracle9.2 for windows 2003 server? On Oracle technet site there are 2 versions 32 bit and 64 bit. I think 64bit is for Itanium based server and 32 bit for other servers. But the download for 32 bit gives you 9.2.0.3 patch only and requires 9.2.0.1 and I am not able to find it there. Please help it is urgent. We use HP-UX and have software CDs for that. Thanks nhk wrote: > Hi, > > Where can I download Oracle9.2 for windows 2003 server? On Oracle > technet site there are 2 versions 32 bit and 64 bit. I think 64bit is > for Itanium based server and 32 bit for other servers. But the download > for 32 bit gives you 9.2.0.3 patch only and requires 9.2.0.1 and I am > not able to find it there. > Please help it is urgent. > We use HP-UX and have software CDs for that. > > Thanks Why 9.2.0.3? At the bare minimum 9.2.0.6. -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org I want 9.2.0.1 (oracle 9i) but the link gives only the patch for 9.2.0.3 when you unzip it. Thanks DA Morgan wrote: > nhk wrote: > > Hi, > > > > Where can I download Oracle9.2 for windows 2003 server? On Oracle > > technet site there are 2 versions 32 bit and 64 bit. I think 64bit is > > for Itanium based server and 32 bit for other servers. But the download > > for 32 bit gives you 9.2.0.3 patch only and requires 9.2....

Oracle 9iR2 32bit on windows 2003 server 64bit
Hi all, I've been requested to install Oracle 9i R2 32bit on windows 2003 server (enterprise) 64 bit running on a AMD architecture. Looking at compatibility matrix on metalink, it seems that this is not a supported scenario. Moreover, the FAQs indicate that it is possible to run Oracle 9i 32bit on AMD 64 bit hardware running windows 2003 32 bit. Anyway, our client "needs" both windows 64b and oracle 9i. Now the question: has anyone ever installed and used the original requested configuration (like the subject of this post)?? Suggestion?? thank you very much in advance. M. "marco" <mputzu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e2531143-5fb0-482c-88cd-747fb4d6b214@l42g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I've been requested to install Oracle 9i R2 32bit on windows 2003 > server (enterprise) 64 bit running on a AMD architecture. > Looking at compatibility matrix on metalink, it seems that this is not > a supported scenario. > Moreover, the FAQs indicate that it is possible to run Oracle 9i 32bit > on AMD 64 bit hardware running windows 2003 32 bit. Anyway, our client > "needs" both windows 64b and oracle 9i. > Now the question: has anyone ever installed and used the original > requested configuration (like the subject of this post)?? > Suggestion?? > > thank you very much in advance. > > M. What is the "reasoning"? (Is it some misguided conception that things will run f...

oracle 10g RAC installation on windows 2003 server
hi all i tried to install oracle 10g RAC in Windows 2003 server Enterprise Edition as per the document given in oracle site,but i get OUI- 25031 at the "configuration Assistants" page while installing CRS(Cluster Ready server) My Configuration: Servers : HP DL380 - 2 Nos Clustered OS on Both Nodes NODE 1:Primary Server ---------------------------------- Host Name: xxxxxa Domain Name:abc.local Public IP: 192.168.6.21 Public IP Name : xxxxxa.abc.local PrivateIP:10.0.0.1 Private IP Name: xxxxxa-priv Virtual IP:192.168.6.15 Virtual IP Name: xxxxxa-vip.abc.local Node 2 Secondary server ------------------------------------ Host Name: xxxxxb Domain Name:abc.local Public IP: 192.168.6.22 Public IP Name : xxxxxb.abc.local PrivateIP:10.0.0.2 Private IP Name: xxxxxb-priv Virtual IP:192.168.6.16 Virtual IP Name: xxxxxb-vip.abc.local User for Both Nodes is Administrator OS:Windows 2003 server Enterprise Edition Oracle : Oracle 10g Release 2 (10.2) for Microsoft Windows (32-Bit) Physical RAM:6GB Paging File:Min -6GB Max-12GB Local Hard Disk(On Both Nodes):E:\ -50GB Common Storage - 1 TB(EMC Storage) Disabled write Cache on both nodes Automount enabled on both nodes Configured Priv ip of both nodes on both nodes in //system32/drivers/etc/hosts Configured Public and Virtual IP in DNS error while 1) cluster configuratin storage "Thrown when the ip address of the host cannot be determined" - Retry 2)Configuration Assistants OUI -25031 Some of the configuration assis...

SqlSpec

Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows 2003 Cluster Server???
Is it worth looking into putting Oracle 8.1.7 on a Win2k3 cluster. Only Oracle 9.2.0 is certified on a W2k3 cluster, but applications (support contracts) prevent us from upgrading to Oracle 9. Experience anyone? On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:55:37 +0200, rbs <r_boumannl@yahoo.com> wrote: >Is it worth looking into putting Oracle 8.1.7 on a Win2k3 >cluster. >Only Oracle 9.2.0 is certified on a W2k3 cluster, but applications >(support contracts) prevent us from upgrading to Oracle 9. > >Experience anyone? Oracle 8.1.7 will evidently not be certified against winblows 2003. This means, if anything happens, you are on your own and support won't help you. As you can't upgrade to 9.2.0, you are stuck with win2k. Anything else will probably end up in a career limiting move. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA ...

Oracle 8i and 9i Database concurrently on Windows 2000 Server
I am trying to install Oracle 8i and 9i Database server on same machine , but I am getting getting various errors.. I cannot start TNSListener servive of both 8i and 9i simultaneously. If i try to login to 8i Database using scott / tiger or try to create a database , I get "Tns protocol error". Cannot complete Net8 configuration and Database configuration while installing 8i Database server. Please help me for same as i tried installing 8i for many times. I have kept different home names for both 8i and 9i. Forms 6i and D2k 4.5 is already installed on the M/c. Is there any sequence for these installations. "Mayura" <mayura.jadhav@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1140675978.019512.31510@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I am trying to install Oracle 8i and 9i Database server on same machine > , but I am getting getting various errors.. > > I cannot start TNSListener servive of both 8i and 9i simultaneously. > If i try to login to 8i Database using scott / tiger or try to create a > database , I get "Tns protocol error". Check MetaLink Note 306905.1. Regards, Dimitre Mayura wrote: > I am trying to install Oracle 8i and 9i Database server on same machine > , but I am getting getting various errors.. > > I cannot start TNSListener servive of both 8i and 9i simultaneously. > If i try to login to 8i Database using scott / tiger or try to create a > database , I get "Tns protocol erro...

Oracle 10 g installation problem on windows 2003 server
Hi, 1. I have made a download from the oracle.com homepage for "oracle db 10g release 1 (10.1.0.2) enterprise standard personal edition for ms windows 32bit". When I let the setup run I get allways the following error messsage - "OCR could not be initialized". What could I do to sucessfully install this oracle version for testing on a machine. I heard also there exist a patch#3555863for that problem but I have no access to metalink. Where can I get that patch? What is the smallest oracle full feature 10 g version (with server and some (5) client licenses). I want to make a test installation. I want to buy one. Who knows a price and where I can order it. When I buy such a version have I than also metalink web access? Or can I get on an other way access to metalink? Thanks! F. Mobile wrote: > What is the smallest oracle full feature 10 g version (with server and some > (5) client licenses). > I want to make a test installation. > I want to buy one. Who knows a price and where I can order it. > When I buy such a version have I than also metalink web access? Or can I get > on an other way access to metalink? > > Thanks! Size difference will be small enough to be irrelevant. Then get it for free by download. http://store.oracle.com But I would think phoning your Oracle sales rep would make a lot of sense. -- Daniel A. Morgan http://www.psoug.org damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) On Wed, 2...

Server to server = Server client to server?
For a server to server connection, is the connecting server considered as a client of the accepting server or is it not? I have the following classes: Connection <--- base class of the following two ClientConnection <--- client ServerConnection <--- server ServerClientConnection <--- server as a client of another server. But then I came across something that states "A client is anything connected to a server that is not another client". Comments please... Just remember! Server ( programm ) is always listening a connections!!! - wrote: &g...

installing Oracle 10g on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise problem. Help !
when i tried to install Oracle 10g (Standard) onto Win Server 2003 at the end of instlalation i got following errors: "DIM-00019: create service error. O/S-Error: (OS 1388) A new member could not be added to a local group because the member has the wrong account type." i click on ok and then i got: "ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error" i click on ignore and i got again: "ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error" i click on ignore and at the end i got: "Enterprise manager configuration failed due to the following error- 'job_queue_processes' must be greater than or equal to 1. Fix the error(s) and run EM Configuration Assistant againt in standalone mode. You can retry configuring this database with Enterprise manager later by manually running d:\oracle\product\10.1.0\Db_1\bin\emca script." I was logged as Administrator into Win Server 2003. What is the problem and how to solve it ? Thanks to all ! Nino -- 31.1.2005 20:04:52 Nino wrote: > when i tried to install Oracle 10g (Standard) onto Win Server 2003 at the > end of instlalation i got following errors: > > "DIM-00019: create service error. > O/S-Error: (OS 1388) A new member could not be added to a local group > because the member has the wrong account type." > > i click on ok and then i got: > > "ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error" > > i click on ignore and i got again: > > "ORA-12...

Oracle databases on a server

Oracle server Upgrade from 9.0 to 9.2 on Windows 2003
Hi All, I am trying to upgrade an Oracle server running 9.0 on Win 2003. I do not want to keep 2 Oracle Homes for 9.0 and 9.2. I would rather uninstall 9.0 using oui. I will import the data from production database from export files. What will be my best (easy, hassle free) course of action: 1. Shutdown the current 9.0 instance 2. Drop the current 9.0 db 3. Uninstall the current 9.0 executibls using oui 4. Install the 9.2 executibles 5. Create new db instance 6. Import the data from export files Is this a good idea? Or should I have 2 Oracle Homes by installing 9.2 and upgrade the 9.0 db using dbua? Only problem is I cant find the dbua in the current 9.0 setup. Your advice / experience / feedback will really appreciated. Thanx in advance. Personally, I'd install 9.2 in a second Oracle Home and then upgrade the database. Once it is all done, feel free to remove the 9.0 software in that home. You'll use the DBUA in the 9.2 home, not the 9.0 one! HTH, Brian Wade Chy wrote: > > Hi All, > I am trying to upgrade an Oracle server running 9.0 on Win 2003. I do > not want to keep 2 Oracle Homes for 9.0 and 9.2. I would rather > uninstall 9.0 using oui. I will import the data from production > database from export files. What will be my best (easy, hassle free) > course of action: > > 1. Shutdown the current 9.0 instance > 2. Drop the current 9.0 db > 3. Uninstall the current 9.0 executibls using oui > 4. Install the 9.2 executibles &...

Oracle 10g on Windows 2003 Advance Server vs Solaris 10 ?
Dear Users, Kindly help me with below query of mine. For a web application, which is a suggested combination (considering stability/performance/maintainen for web application) ---- Oracle 10g on Windows 2003 Server ---- Oracle 10g on Solaris 10 -- Currently we are using Oracle 9i on Solaris 8. It will be helpful if i can get views based on your experience with above oracle 10g and OS. There is one more thread on oracle on solaris vs windows but i coud'nt get specific solution from that hence posting again (sorry abt that) Thanks in Advance On Mar 27, 7:10=A0am, Hardesh <hard...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear Users, > > Kindly help me with below query of mine. > > For a web application, which is a suggested combination (considering > stability/performance/maintainen for web application) > > =A0 =A0 ---- Oracle 10g on Windows 2003 Server > =A0 =A0 ---- Oracle 10g on Solaris 10 > > -- Currently we are using Oracle 9i on Solaris 8. > > It will be helpful if i can get views based on your experience with > above oracle 10g and OS. > > There is one more thread on oracle on solaris vs windows but i coud'nt > get specific solution from that hence posting again (sorry abt that) > > Thanks in Advance Why would it make a difference to the web application? The app connects to the database via SQL*net, odbc or jdbc so it should be irrelevant on which O/S the database runs. My *preference* would be Solaris,...

Why Oracle 10g doesn't work with Windows Server 2003
Hello I've installed Oracle 10g successfully on Windows 2000 Server, and o Windows XP Pro... with no problems at all... But I couldn't start the database on Windows Server 2003, th OracleDBconsole and Oracle...TNSListner refused to start Hoping that you've already solved this problem.. Regard Did you follow the install instructions? Is another version of oracle already installed and running? Do you meet all the pre-requisites? Ghaith wrote: > Hello, > > I've installed Oracle 10g successfully on Windows 2000 Server, and on > Windows XP Pro... with no problems at all... > > But I couldn't start the database on Windows Server 2003, the > OracleDBconsole and Oracle...TNSListner refused to start. > > Hoping that you've already solved this problem... > > Regards What is in the log files? -- Daniel A. Morgan http://www.psoug.org damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Comments embedded. Ghaith wrote: > Hello, > > I've installed Oracle 10g successfully on Windows 2000 Server, and on > Windows XP Pro... with no problems at all... > '10g' covers a lot of territory ... so which release, exactly, did you attempt to install on Windows 2003, on which processor, with what architecture? > But I couldn't start the database on Windows Server 2003, the > OracleDBconsole and Oracle...TNSListner refused to start. > You did, of course, receive an error message ... i...

Web resources about - Oracle 817 on Windows 2003 Server? - comp.databases.oracle.server

The Windows Blog

Microsoft Extends Skylake Support On Windows 7 And Windows 8.1
... As part of the announcement, going forward, the latest processors and chipsets would only be supported on the current version of Windows. As ...

Edge browser now has extensions in the latest Windows 10 preview
... Right now, installing extensions is rather clunky—when this is feature is released to end users, extensions will be included in the Windows ...

OS X and Linux threaten Windows' dominance in developer market
OS X and Linux are nowhere near as popular as Windows when we look at the PC market as a whole, but the two platforms are actually extremely ...

Xbox One will run Windows 10 apps starting this summer
The Xbox Store and the Windows Store will also be merged as Microsoft tries to rev up demand for both Windows 10 and the Xbox One.

The 10 Windows group policy settings you need to get right
One of the most common methods to configure an office full of Microsoft Windows computers is with group policy. For the most part, group policies ...

Microsoft Begins Windows 10 Rollout for Windows Phone 8.1
Many, but not all, owners of older Windows smartphones can finally upgrade their handsets.

Mac extends its lead over Linux among software developers, chipping away at Windows
... of what developers do and who they are in 2016. Desktop operating systems used by developers. Image via Stack Overflow When combining Windows ...