oracle 8i communicate with oracle 9i

I'm planning to do data purging which transfer some old data in date
range from oracle 8i to oracle 9i and then delete the old in oracle 8i.
as i know, to communicate between database in same server, we need to
use "Database Link"
but if communicate with different server? any query or snytax to do it?
or what steps i need to follow? Is it difficult to do it?

Thanks..

0
skyloon (16)

Just create a regular database link
CREATE DATABASE LINK <link-name>
          CONNECT TO <username>
		 IDENTIFIED BY <password>
		         USING '<tns-name>';

But make sure that the server is in tnsnames.ora on your database
server.

skyloon skrev:

> I'm planning to do data purging which transfer some old data in date
> range from oracle 8i to oracle 9i and then delete the old in oracle 8i.
> as i know, to communicate between database in same server, we need to
> use "Database Link"
> but if communicate with different server? any query or snytax to do it?
> or what steps i need to follow? Is it difficult to do it?
>
> Thanks..

Oracle 8i and Oracle 9i Lite Sync
Is it possible to do a synchronisation between oracle 8i server and oracle 9i Lite, If that is the case what is the edition [type] of oracle 8i that is required [Enterprise or standard etc]. Im unable to find this info @ oracle site [or] it is too complicated to search -karthik On 25 Aug 2004 23:42:23 -0700, karthi@myrealbox.com (Karthik) wrote: >Is it possible to do a synchronisation between oracle 8i server and >oracle 9i Lite, >If that is the case what is the edition [type] of oracle 8i that is >required [Enterprise or standard etc]. Im unable to find this info @ >oracle site [or] it is too complicated to search > >-karthik Lower version database to higher version client. This is not likely going to work. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Sybrand Bakker wrote: > On 25 Aug 2004 23:42:23 -0700, karthi@myrealbox.com (Karthik) wrote: > > >>Is it possible to do a synchronisation between oracle 8i server and >>oracle 9i Lite, >>If that is the case what is the edition [type] of oracle 8i that is >>required [Enterprise or standard etc]. Im unable to find this info @ >>oracle site [or] it is too complicated to search >> >>-karthik > > > Lower version database to higher version client. This is not likely > going to work. > > > -- > Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA I once had Advanced Replication working from an 8i to a 9i database, but it was a lot of work. This is th...

Upgrade from Oracle 8i -> Oracle 9i
Hi..All, We are upgrading from Oracle 8i -> Oracle 9i. We do have Pl/SQL's, materialized view, partitions, views, indexes in the 8i. What can be the risks involved in upgrading? Thanks, P nospam wrote: > Hi..All, > > We are upgrading from Oracle 8i -> Oracle 9i. We do have Pl/SQL's, > materialized view, partitions, views, indexes in the 8i. > What can be the risks involved in upgrading? > > Thanks, > > P Read the 9i release notes and "New Features" and compare them to 8i. These docs are available at http://otn.oracle.com Regards /Rauf nospam wrote: > Hi..All, > > We are upgrading from Oracle 8i -> Oracle 9i. We do have Pl/SQL's, > materialized view, partitions, views, indexes in the 8i. > What can be the risks involved in upgrading? I have been in charge of similar migrations several times. Usually, these migrations were designed as several month long projects with from tens to hundreds mandays spend only in an application testing. There are quite a lot of risks related to this process but without a deep knowledge of your environment and applications involved it is hard to tell. According to my experiences I can give you only this advice: Read! (release notes, Metalink, newsgroups, books, ...) Plan! (realistic milestones, people, schedule, tools) Test! (application, infrastructure, performance, migration process) Manage! (sources, time, people, unrealistic business expectations, r...

[Oracle 9i Personal Edition] Start oracle database...
Hi, I've installed the Oracle 9i Personal Edition on my Windows 98 machine. I've choosed to install only the software and to skip the creation of a database during installation procedure. I've restarted the machine and I've made next step to create a database manually (following the "Oracle 9i Administration Guide": 1. I've created a Password File with the command orapwd in the $oracle_home directory The password I've choosed is "secret". 2. I've created an initialization file in the oradata directory with the name init$db_name.ora 3. I connect with the command sqlplus as user "sys/secret as SYSDBA" to launch the command "create database" B U T at this point when i insert a usr/pwd (i have tryed with sys/change_on_install as sysdba, system/manager, sys/secret, scott/tiger, all...) in Windows98 appears a dialog box (the same obtained clicking on the menu voice "Start Oracle database") that ask for a password: not a username/password, only a password. I've inserted the same passed to the orapwd command and all known password but it say that it's incorrect. After this I've disinstalled all and reinstalled responding "yes" when Universal Installer ask to install a database. In this way all run correctly. Probably in Windows98 u have to permit the installation of a db to use oracle. Probably the installation of ...

Free Ebook Oracle Database & Oracle 9i
Free Ebook Oracle Database Free Oracle 9i Complete Reference Book http://www.downloadfreepdf.com On Mar 24, 6:53 am, "steveo" <selectcm...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > Free Ebook Oracle Database > > Free Oracle 9i Complete Reference Book > > http://www.downloadfreepdf.com It's all free over at http://tahiti.oracle.com also ...

Oracle 8i OPS migration to Oracle 9i R2
Hi, We need to migrate Oracle 8.1.7 OPS database on solaris to Oracle 9i R2 single instance on new solaris box. Our db size is 100 GB but used space is approx 40 GB. time is not a constraint. what are the pros and cons of each of the following approaches : 1. install 8i on new box, copy data files, make other necessary changes and up this database in single instance mode. Then install oracle 9i on this box, upgrade 8i db to 9i. 2. Directly install 9i on new box, export user wise from 8i original db and import in 9i. take care of public synonyms, roles etc which are not covered in this export/import. Or should we follow another better approach ? TIA, Gautrak gautrak@yahoo.com (Gautrak) wrote in message news:<76ceef56.0407010425.4708efda@posting.google.com>... > Hi, > > We need to migrate Oracle 8.1.7 OPS database on solaris to Oracle 9i > R2 single instance on new solaris box. Our db size is 100 GB but used > space is approx 40 GB. time is not a constraint. what are the pros and > cons of each of the following approaches : > 1. install 8i on new box, copy data files, make other necessary > changes and up this database in single instance mode. Then install > oracle 9i on this box, upgrade 8i db to 9i. > 2. Directly install 9i on new box, export user wise from 8i original > db and import in 9i. take care of public synonyms, roles etc which are > not covered in this export/import. > > Or should we follow another better approac...

Oracle 9i and Oracle 10g
Hai ALL, I'm Karthick T.S. Oracle Corp. Already said Oracle 9i is a Unbreakable and Complete feature of Internet, then why Oracle Corp. Develop Oracle 10g? Regards Karthick T.S. "T.S. Karthick" <tskarthick@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1114431653.917702.172310@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hai ALL, > > I'm Karthick T.S. Oracle Corp. Already said Oracle 9i is a Unbreakable > and Complete feature of Internet, then why Oracle Corp. Develop Oracle > 10g? > > Regards > Karthick T.S. > Seems to me they are bored and made it breakable again. My database crashes when i start export with datapump (on Linux). breakable: http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/security/alerts.htm New features guide: http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14117_01/server.101/b10750/toc.htm T.S. Karthick wrote: > Hai ALL, > > I'm Karthick T.S. Oracle Corp. Already said Oracle 9i is a Unbreakable > and Complete feature of Internet, then why Oracle Corp. Develop Oracle > 10g? > > Regards > Karthick T.S. ASM ADDM ASH Virtual Indexes ORA_ROWSCN DBMS_WARNING UTL_MAIL .... does anyone need more reasons? There are at least 1000 more. -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with 'u' to respond) ...

Oracle 8i/9i difference for Microsoft Oracle Driver error
To any guru that can help me out, I have an ASP that was working fine in Oracle 8i, using IIS 5.0 and Microsoft Oracle driver (for 8i). When trying to migrate to a 9i database with a new Microsoft Oracle driver (all packages are there and permissions to execute verified) I got the following error: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-06550: line 1, column 49: PLS-00201: identifier 'TestNumber' must be declared ORA-06550: line 1, column 7: PL/SQL: Statement ignored line 114 Set Comm=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command") Set Comm.ActiveConnection = Conn Comm.CommandType=adCmdText ' Retrieve information to fill the TEST table With comm. .CommandText= "{call GDD_TEST_Pkg.GDD_TEST(?,?,{resultset 1000,TestNumber,Work,Entries,ManHrs,Description})}" ..CommandType = adCmdText ..Parameters.Append .CreateParameter("Date_Start", adDate, adParamInput) comm("Date_Start")=Minus1 .Parameters.Append .CreateParameter("Date_Stop", adDate, adParamInput) comm("Date_Stop")=Today End with Set rsTEST = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet") {line 114} Set rsTEST=comm.Execute() (synonyms are created for rv, test and rw and grants for user applied to packages) CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE GDD_TEST_Pkg AS TYPE T_TESTNum is TABLE of VARCHAR2(20) INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER; TYP...

Connectivity Between two saperate Database (oracle 8 and oracle 9i)
Dear Sir, We Would like to migrate to oracle 9i from oracle 8. Presently We are on oracle 8 (live) . Can anyone suggest a way by which we can phase out the migration process. We intend to migrate User-wise. We have aprx 10 live users.(e.g. finance, payroll, production etc..). My problem is inter-connectivity between diff. users. like 'Payroll' select/update rows in 'Finance'. If I migrate Finance from oracle 8 to Oracle 9i How to ensure that these select/update does not fail. Kishan Thakker kishanthakker@gmail.com wrote: > Dear Sir, > > We Would like to migrate to oracle 9i from oracle 8. Presently We are > on oracle 8 (live) . Can anyone suggest a way by which we can phase out > the migration process. We intend to migrate User-wise. We have aprx 10 > live users.(e.g. finance, payroll, production etc..). My problem is > inter-connectivity between diff. users. like 'Payroll' select/update > rows in 'Finance'. If I migrate Finance from oracle 8 to Oracle 9i How > to ensure that these select/update does not fail. > > Kishan Thakker How much data? Which version of 9i? Which version of 8? How much downtime is possible? -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org ...

Why the size of Oracle 10g database is much smaller than Oracle 9i?
Oracle 10g only requires 1 disk (604MB); whereas Oracle 9i requires 3 disks (1.3 GB). I was very surprised why Oracle 10g requires so less disk spaces. Am I missing something? Or this is the improvement from Oracle on disk size? I assume Oracle 10g is much more better than Oracle 9i in terms of technologies and performance. Any comments from Oracle 10g users? Please advise. Thanks!! "Matt" <jrefactors@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ba8a039e.0411141912.71c7d598@posting.google.com... > Oracle 10g only requires 1 disk (604MB); whereas Oracle 9i requires 3 > disks (1.3 GB). I was very surprised why Oracle 10g requires so less > disk spaces. > Am I missing something? Or this is the improvement from Oracle > on disk size? I assume Oracle 10g is much more better than Oracle 9i > in terms of technologies and performance. Any comments from Oracle 10g > users? > > Please advise. Thanks!! They refactored it and made it a lot more efficient and smaller. Jim Matt wrote: > Oracle 10g only requires 1 disk (604MB); whereas Oracle 9i requires 3 > disks (1.3 GB). I was very surprised why Oracle 10g requires so less > disk spaces. > Am I missing something? Or this is the improvement from Oracle > on disk size? I assume Oracle 10g is much more better than Oracle 9i > in terms of technologies and performance. Any comments from Oracle 10g > users? > > Please advise. Thanks!! Actually, to get the same set of options ...

Rename Oracle Database in Oracle 9i ?, Has anyone tried to do that so far
Hello Everyone, I have successfully performed oracle database rename in in oracle 8i. Does anyone know how to rename a database in oracle 9i release. Oracle 9i uses schema instead of the oracle SID names. Your response will be appreciated. Thanks, Sanjoy rath. "Sanjoy Rath" <sanjoy_rath@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d2a7db61.0404090738.6a3aff5a@posting.google.com... > Hello Everyone, > > I have successfully performed oracle database rename in in oracle 8i. > Does anyone know how to rename a database in oracle 9i release. > > Oracle 9i uses schema instead of the oracle SID names. > > Your response will be appreciated. > > Thanks, > Sanjoy rath. look it up on metlaink "DJ" <nospamplease@goaway.com> wrote in message news:dBzdc.87$e32.40@newsfe5-gui.server.ntli.net... > > "Sanjoy Rath" <sanjoy_rath@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:d2a7db61.0404090738.6a3aff5a@posting.google.com... > > Hello Everyone, > > > > I have successfully performed oracle database rename in in oracle 8i. > > Does anyone know how to rename a database in oracle 9i release. > > > > Oracle 9i uses schema instead of the oracle SID names. > > > > Your response will be appreciated. > > > > Thanks, > > Sanjoy rath. > > look it up on metlaink > > and dont cross post to every single group you can find - very annoying > Oracle 9i ...

Oracle 8i and 9i Database concurrently on Windows 2000 Server
I am trying to install Oracle 8i and 9i Database server on same machine , but I am getting getting various errors.. I cannot start TNSListener servive of both 8i and 9i simultaneously. If i try to login to 8i Database using scott / tiger or try to create a database , I get "Tns protocol error". Cannot complete Net8 configuration and Database configuration while installing 8i Database server. Please help me for same as i tried installing 8i for many times. I have kept different home names for both 8i and 9i. Forms 6i and D2k 4.5 is already installed on the M/c. Is there any sequence for these installations. "Mayura" <mayura.jadhav@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1140675978.019512.31510@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I am trying to install Oracle 8i and 9i Database server on same machine > , but I am getting getting various errors.. > > I cannot start TNSListener servive of both 8i and 9i simultaneously. > If i try to login to 8i Database using scott / tiger or try to create a > database , I get "Tns protocol error". Check MetaLink Note 306905.1. Regards, Dimitre Mayura wrote: > I am trying to install Oracle 8i and 9i Database server on same machine > , but I am getting getting various errors.. > > I cannot start TNSListener servive of both 8i and 9i simultaneously. > If i try to login to 8i Database using scott / tiger or try to create a > database , I get "Tns protocol erro...

Oracle 10g OCI based application talking to an Oracle 9i database
Hi all, Got a question. I have an OCI C++ application that is written using the Oracle 10g OCI includes, etc ... This of course is running on a 10g client. The client OS is actually a Windows x64 system since 10g is the only native OCI client right now for 64 bit Windows systems. So this all works fine. Now, I am communicating with an Oracle 9i database server. Is there anything wrong or invalid about this configuration ? I didn't think that there was but I was asked to confirm this, that is having an Oracle 10g client communicating with an Oracle 9i database. Our application is making very straight forward OCI calls, and we are not using any of the newer OCI calls that were introduced in 10g, just the ones that are available in 9i OCI. Thanks in advance, Nick On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 11:01:32 -0700, "Nicholas Palmer" <nick@kcicorp.com> wrote: >Got a question. I have an OCI C++ application that is written using the >Oracle 10g OCI includes, etc ... This of course is running on a 10g client. >The client OS is actually a Windows x64 system since 10g is the only native >OCI client right now for 64 bit Windows systems. So this all works fine. >Now, I am communicating with an Oracle 9i database server. Is there anything >wrong or invalid about this configuration ? I didn't think that there was >but I was asked to confirm this, that is having an Oracle 10g client >communicating with an Oracle 9i database. Our applica...

Installing oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 server
Hi All, Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 server? Thanks Ed Ed <arub11@yahoo.com> wrote in news:61dc863c-fde2-426b-adc7-c77de59a1703 @n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com: > Hi All, > > Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 > server? > Most definitely in seperate directory trees On Jul 26, 11:33=A0am, "Ana C. Dent" <anaced...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Ed <aru...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:61dc863c-fde2-426b-adc7-c77de59a1703 > @n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com: > > > Hi All, > > > Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 > > server? > > Most definitely in seperate directory trees With different oracle users used for installation? Any other info. you may have to keep in mind during the installation of both versions of oracle? On Jul 26, 2:28=A0pm, Ed <aru...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Is it possible to install oracle 9i and oracle 10g in one solaris 10 > server? > > Thanks > Ed You install them into separate oracle homes. Do the 9i first and patch then 10g and patch is simplest. You should double check 9i I "think" it is supported by oracle for solaris 10. The installer might get a little weird worry about os patches and pre-reqs not sure. The 10g install is pretty clean. You can do both installs using the "same" oracle user and group definitions or you could...

Unable to connect to Oracle 9i database via Oracle 6i Developer
I've successfully installed Oracle 9i Release 9.2.0.1.0 and Oracle Forms Developer and Forms Server 6i (Patch 2) on a stand-alone PC running on Windows XP Pro but cannot connect to my Oracle databases via Developer's various functions -- Graphics Builder, Query Builder, Schema Builder, Procedure Builder, and Translation Builder. As you know, these functions want to connect to a database but I get this error at the Connect screen: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name As info, the user name and password are fine for both Oracle 9i and Developer. Oracle 9i works fine. I can connect to my databases (Demo and OpsData) with no problem in 9i's SQLPlus window. It's the connections via Developer that's the problem. (In case you need to know, Oracle 9i reside in the C:\Oracle\ora92 directory with ora92 as the HOME. Developer 6i resides in the C:\Oracle\ora9i directory with ora9i as its HOME.) The TNSNAMES.ORA file for Oracle 9i reads as follows: # TNSNAMES.ORA Network Configuration File: C:\oracle\ora92\network\admin\tnsnames.ora # Generated by Oracle configuration tools. OPSDATA = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = jgyk801)(PORT = 1521)) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = OpsData.jgyk801) ) ) INST1_HTTP = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = jgyk801)(PORT = 1521)) ) (CON...

massive performance drop Oracle 9i on multi processor system (Windows Server 2003, Oracle 9i, 9.2.0.6.0)
The performance of some complex PL/SQL functions has dropped dramatically since migrating from Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.0) on Windows Server 2000 to 9i (9.2.0.6.0) on Windows Server 2003. We found out, that Oracle 9i performance on a multi processor CPU machine (our server has 4 XEON CPUs, Hyperthreading is disabled in BIOS) is highly dependent on init.ora parameters; unfortunately our trial and error approach to find the proper settings (we searched Oracle Tech Net (OTN) and google groups without success) did not help so far. We are testing performance behaviour with some business critical PL/SQL procedures that do authorization calculations for our application. Simplified these functions do a lot of inserts, deletes and selects in/from tables (being used as temp tables in lack of in memory temp table support of oracle 9i). We can monitor the progress within the stored procedure by using UTL_FILE functions to write a log file into the file system of the server; we real time monitor the log file using "tail -f". <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); [...] When setting "CPU_COUNT = 1" in init.ora the function will typically run up to 10 seconds, when setting "CPU_COUNT = 4" it will take more than 2 minutes (!!!) We experimented with the following other parameters so far: db_writer_processes (set to 4 in combination with cpu_count = 4) fast_start_parall...

Running Oracle 8.1.x and Oracle 9i on same Windows 2000 Server
I'm attempting to run an Oracle 8.1.7 database and and Oracle 9i database on the same Windows 2000 Server. Before doing this has anyone ran this configuration and are there any things I must watch out for prior to installing the Oracle 9i software? Thanks for the assistance. David David wrote: > I'm attempting to run an Oracle 8.1.7 database and and Oracle 9i database > on the same Windows 2000 Server. > > Before doing this has anyone ran this configuration and are there any > things I must watch out for prior to installing the Oracle 9i software? > > Thanks for the assistance. > David Environment variables Multiple Oracle Homes Lack of resources It can be done. Many have done it. It still isn't a good idea if it can be avoided. And please, in the future, do NOT cross-post. -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) ...

Oracle expert please help. Slow insert in Oracle 8i and 9i. Urgent!
Hi, I have two tables below. TEMP_TABLE - No index with 200,000 rows TABLE1 - No index with 60,000 rows INSERT INTO TABLE1(col1,col2,col3...col8) SELECT col1,col2,col3...col8 FROM TEMP_TABLE a WHERE NOT EXISTS(SELECT 1 FROM TABLE1 b WHERE a.col1 = b.col1 AND a.col2 = b.col2 AND a.col3 = b.col3 AND a.col4 = b.col4 AND a.col5 = b.col5) I tried to index TABLE1 using col1 to col5 but still it is slow while using the index on TABLE1 and full table scan on TEMP_TABLE. The statement above is the result of breaking down the original statement that hungs. The original statement insert directly to TABLE1 using NOT IN TABLE1 from 2 different table and a view but I narrowed it down to the INSERT to TABLE1 above. I tried to alter the tables to nologging and use the APPEND hint but still slow. Thank you in advance. First, I would use an INSERT /*+ APPEND */ INTO ... This will generate much less REDO Second, try to use an OUTER JOIN and force a HASH join: INSERT INTO TABLE1(col1,col2,col3...col8) SELECT col1,col2,col3...col8 FROM TEMP_TABLE a, TABLE1 b WHERE a.col1 = b.col1(+) AND a.col2 = b.col2(+) AND a.col3 = b.col3(+) AND a.col4 = b.col4(+) AND a.col5 = b.col5(+) AND b.col1 IS NULL (I assume that col1 in table TABLE1 is a NOT NULL column) To force a HASH join, use INSERT INTO TABLE1(col1,col2,col3...col8) SELECT /*+ USE_HASH(a b) */ col1,col2,col3...col8 FROM TEMP_TABLE a, TABLE1 b...

Exporting Data from Oracle 9i /Win into Oracle 9i/AIX
Hi All, I have data on SQL server 2000 that should be transferred into Oracle 9i on AIX. I plan to transferred it into Oracle 9i/Win2k first, that Exporting it into .DMP then Import the .DMP into Oracle 9i/AIX. Is it possible ? Or is it not a good approach for this ? Thanks for any comments, xtanto Hi As long as the 9i version on AIX is at the same level or higher than the version on windows you will be okay. Have fun... Alistair "Krist" <xtanto@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:cb48a3b.0406240653.87ffd14@posting.google.com... > Hi All, > > I have data on SQL server 2000 that should be transferred into Oracle > 9i on AIX. > > I plan to transferred it into Oracle 9i/Win2k first, that Exporting it > into .DMP then Import the .DMP into Oracle 9i/AIX. > > Is it possible ? > Or is it not a good approach for this ? > > Thanks for any comments, > xtanto "Alistair Thomson" <alistair@despammed.com> wrote: >Hi > >As long as the 9i version on AIX is at the same level or higher than the >version on windows you will be okay. > >Have fun... > >Alistair > >"Krist" <xtanto@hotmail.com> wrote in message >news:cb48a3b.0406240653.87ffd14@posting.google.com... >> Hi All, >> >> I have data on SQL server 2000 that should be transferred into Oracle >> 9i on AIX. >> >> I plan to transferred it into Oracle 9i/Win2k first, that Export...

Oracle expert please help. Slow insert in Oracle 8i and 9i. Urgent! #2
I am posting this again since my last post still does not appear after 30 minutes. I assume it is lost. Thanks. Hi, I have two tables below. TEMP_TABLE - No index with 200,000 rows TABLE1 - No index with 60,000 rows INSERT INTO TABLE1(col1,col2,col3...col8) SELECT col1,col2,col3...col8 FROM TEMP_TABLE a WHERE NOT EXISTS(SELECT 1 FROM TABLE1 b WHERE a.col1 = b.col1 AND a.col2 = b.col2 AND a.col3 = b.col3 AND a.col4 = b.col4 AND a.col5 = b.col5) I tried to index TABLE1 using col1 to col5 but still it is slow while using the index on TABLE1 and full table scan on TEMP_TABLE. The statement above is the result of breaking down the original statement that hungs. The original statement insert directly to TABLE1 using NOT IN TABLE1 from 2 different table and a view but I narrowed it down to the INSERT to TABLE1 above. I tried to alter the tables to nologging and use the APPEND hint but still slow. Thank you in advance. kokoiski@gawab.com (kokoiski) wrote in message news:<cada9ce1.0401222318.8a42937@posting.google.com>... > I am posting this again since my last post still does not appear after > 30 minutes. I assume it is lost. Thanks. > > Hi, > > I have two tables below. > > TEMP_TABLE - No index with 200,000 rows > TABLE1 - No index with 60,000 rows > > INSERT INTO TABLE1(col1,col2,col3...col8) > SELECT col1,col2,col3...col8 FROM TEMP_TABLE a &...

oracle 10g and oracle 9i RMAN
According to oracle increment backup in oracle 10g RMAN is faster then oracle 9i RMAN, because after enable block change tracking... oracle starts recording changes in blocks in a file. But in oracle 9i also oracle record changes in database to REDO LOG files and how is it different. On 10 jul, 12:39, peter <hhh.datab...@gmail.com> wrote: > According to oracle increment backup in oracle 10g RMAN is faster then > oracle 9i RMAN, > because after enable block change tracking... oracle starts recording > changes in blocks in a file. > But in oracle 9i also oracle record changes in database to REDO LOG > files and how is it different. The answer to this question is obvious (as with all of your questions, as you never RTFM and if you RTFM, don't try to *understand* the documentation). The redo log is a *chronological* collection of what Oracle calls change vectors. If you would need to determine which blocks have been changed since last backup, you *obviously* would have to scan through *ALL* redologs since last backup. The block change tracking file is a bitmapped file only stating the fact a specific block has changed. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA On Jul 10, 3:49 pm, sybrandb <sybra...@gmail.com> wrote: > On 10 jul, 12:39, peter <hhh.datab...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > According to oracle increment backup in oracle 10g RMAN is faster then > > oracle 9i RMAN, > > because after enable block change tracking......

Web resources about - oracle 8i communicate with oracle 9i - comp.databases.oracle.server

Communicate (Sasha and John Digweed album) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Communicate is a mix album by Sasha & John Digweed . It is their fifth mix album and the first since 1994 to not be part of the Northern Exposure ...

App Store - Communicate Mate
Get Communicate Mate on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

New York Speaks: A Hearing on Our Rights to Connect and Communicate - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
credit: Vanissa W. Chan/ACD Media On Monday, Oct. 28 over 100 people gathered to speak out for the open Internet and against the Comcast-Time ...

YouTube - BT - Communicate
Hochgeladen am 13.08.2008 Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such ...

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says Snapchat 'creates a new kind of space to communicate'
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has praised Snapchat for creating a new niche for social media communication, calling it a "super interesting privacy ...

Toyota tests cars that communicate with each other
Toyota is testing car safety systems that allow vehicles to communicate with each other and with the roads they are on.

Lego may be a good building block to communicate with autistic children
Incorporating toys such as Lego into autism therapy can make autistic spectrum children more engaged with their peers and increase their social ...

Red faces after firies fail to communicate
Bernard Swann's garage was a raging inferno, its roof had collapsed and his Porsche and Honda cars were already doomed but what happened next ...

Healthway and Carmen: what we have here is failure to communicate
When WA Opera decided that Carmen was not going to be on the program who could have predicted the onslaught of local and national media that ...

Concern for pets in Summer Hill after pet-sitter has stroke, is unable to communicate their whereabouts ...
There are grave fears for the welfare of at least two Sydney pets after their carer suffered a stoke, and cannot tell people their location. ...