Oracle 9.2 client installatiion on Windows 2003 server (32 bit)

I want to install this client.  Went to OTN Windows Download. It shows
me following files under 9201 installation for Windows 2003 32 bit
Download the Complete Files
 	 	OUI220180.zip (47,405,300 bytes)
 	 	9203WIN2K3.zip (181,643,734 bytes)

Yet when I read release notes link on the same page, it refers to
Three installation:
Oracle 9.2.0.1
OUI.2.01.x.x
9.2.0.3 patch set

That means I should also download Oracle 9.2.0.1 client.
Oracle 9.2.0.1 client is available however only for Windows NT/2000/XP.
Is XP same thing as Windows server 2003?  Is Oracle 9.2.0.1 client
required at all or is it included in 9203WI2K3.zip file.

Thanks a lot ...

0
dbaplusplus (219)

Any thoughts on this. Is Windows 2003 server same thing as Windows XP
for Oracle installation.

A note on Metalnk says:
1. First install, Oracle 9.2.0.1 clinet using Windows 2000/NT/XP.

2. Then intsall OUT 2.0.1.x.x listed under Windows 2003.

3. Then install Oracle 9.2.0.3 or any higher level patch.

Thanks.

0
dbaplusplus (219)

Installing 32-bit and 64-bit oracle client on windows 2003 Server
Hi, I am wondering if we could install 32-bit client of 10g release2 and 64-bit client of the same (allowing delphi 32-bit apps and some .net Windows services to connect to the oracle database server hosted on HP- UX running 64-bit mode. has anyone done this before? If so, can you please provide me some documentation of how to configure the same. Thanks in advance. Deepak. ...

Hi, I am wondering if we could install 32-bit client of 10g release2 and 64-bit client of the same (allowing delphi 32-bit apps and some .net Windows services to connect to the oracle database server hosted on HP- UX running 64-bit mode. has anyone done this before? If so, can you please provide me some documentation of how to configure the same. Thanks in advance. Deepak. On 13 Apr 2007 10:00:52 -0700, deepak.kollipara@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, > >I am wondering if we could install 32-bit client of 10g release2 and >64-bit client of the same (allowing delphi 32-bit apps and some .net >Windows services to connect to the oracle database server hosted on HP- >UX running 64-bit mode. has anyone done this before? > >If so, can you please provide me some documentation of how to >configure the same. > >Thanks in advance. >Deepak. Fact: 32-bit client can communicate with 64-bit server without problem. Fact: if you want to install 2 different clients you need to install them in 2 different Oracle homes Fact: your question is redundant, as this is all outlined in the installation documentation on http://otn.oracle.com or http://tahiti.oracle.com both reachable from http://www.oracle.com Fact: you were even too lazy to type www.oracle.com in your browser and hit the documentation button. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA On Apr 13, 11:12 am, sybra...@hccnet.nl wrote: > On 13 Apr 2007 10:00:52 -0700, deepak.kollip...@gmail.com wrote: >...

Installing 32-bit and 64-bit oracle client on windows 2003 Server
Hi, I am wondering if we could install 32-bit client of 10g release2 and 64-bit client of the same (allowing delphi 32-bit apps and some .net Windows services to connect to the oracle database server hosted on HP- UX running 64-bit mode. has anyone done this before? If so, can you please provide me some documentation of how to configure the same. Thanks in advance. Deepak. ...

Oracle server 9.2.0.1.0, Client 9.2.0.4.0, Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1
Hi Everybody, My Database server is running on Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1, And my Oracle version is 9.2.0.1.0. My Client mechine also Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1 , Oracle client version is 9.2.0.4.0. I am running a web application. Our application is in Magic edeveloper. I connect to Oracle using oracle gateway to my application. My Problem is my application is is becoming slow. I am not able to trace where the problem is. Before our application was running fine. recently i upgraded Oracle client version to 9.2.0.4.0. My Oracle client & server versions are different. I am getting error on my client mechine, it showing all memory address on the screen and the part of error is, arg register addr=83498cc .... Dump of memory from 0x83988c to 0x83499cc .... -- End of Call stack trace -- I am not able to trace where the problem is.Any insight please... Thanks, Ssreddy. ...

oracle database 9.2.0.8 32bit and windows server 2003 64bit
Hello! What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit database? Any suggestion? Regards - MJ On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA thx. I will check Uzytkownik "sybrandb" <sybrandb@gmail.com> napisal w wiadomosci news:b5d54371-bf21-439b-85c3-ae21dafc21be@3g2000yqk.googlegroups.com... On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA On Apr 15, 5:16=A0am, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on &g...

massive performance drop Oracle 9i on multi processor system (Windows Server 2003, Oracle 9i, 9.2.0.6.0)
The performance of some complex PL/SQL functions has dropped dramatically since migrating from Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.0) on Windows Server 2000 to 9i (9.2.0.6.0) on Windows Server 2003. We found out, that Oracle 9i performance on a multi processor CPU machine (our server has 4 XEON CPUs, Hyperthreading is disabled in BIOS) is highly dependent on init.ora parameters; unfortunately our trial and error approach to find the proper settings (we searched Oracle Tech Net (OTN) and google groups without success) did not help so far. We are testing performance behaviour with some business critical PL/SQL procedures that do authorization calculations for our application. Simplified these functions do a lot of inserts, deletes and selects in/from tables (being used as temp tables in lack of in memory temp table support of oracle 9i). We can monitor the progress within the stored procedure by using UTL_FILE functions to write a log file into the file system of the server; we real time monitor the log file using "tail -f". <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); [...] When setting "CPU_COUNT = 1" in init.ora the function will typically run up to 10 seconds, when setting "CPU_COUNT = 4" it will take more than 2 minutes (!!!) We experimented with the following other parameters so far: db_writer_processes (set to 4 in combination with cpu_count = 4) fast_start_parall...

Oracle server Upgrade from 9.0 to 9.2 on Windows 2003
Hi All, I am trying to upgrade an Oracle server running 9.0 on Win 2003. I do not want to keep 2 Oracle Homes for 9.0 and 9.2. I would rather uninstall 9.0 using oui. I will import the data from production database from export files. What will be my best (easy, hassle free) course of action: 1. Shutdown the current 9.0 instance 2. Drop the current 9.0 db 3. Uninstall the current 9.0 executibls using oui 4. Install the 9.2 executibles 5. Create new db instance 6. Import the data from export files Is this a good idea? Or should I have 2 Oracle Homes by installing 9.2 and upgrade the 9.0 db using dbua? Only problem is I cant find the dbua in the current 9.0 setup. Your advice / experience / feedback will really appreciated. Thanx in advance. Personally, I'd install 9.2 in a second Oracle Home and then upgrade the database. Once it is all done, feel free to remove the 9.0 software in that home. You'll use the DBUA in the 9.2 home, not the 9.0 one! HTH, Brian Wade Chy wrote: > > Hi All, > I am trying to upgrade an Oracle server running 9.0 on Win 2003. I do > not want to keep 2 Oracle Homes for 9.0 and 9.2. I would rather > uninstall 9.0 using oui. I will import the data from production > database from export files. What will be my best (easy, hassle free) > course of action: > > 1. Shutdown the current 9.0 instance > 2. Drop the current 9.0 db > 3. Uninstall the current 9.0 executibls using oui > 4. Install the 9.2 executibles &...

Download Oracle 9.2 for windows 2003 server
Hi, Where can I download Oracle9.2 for windows 2003 server? On Oracle technet site there are 2 versions 32 bit and 64 bit. I think 64bit is for Itanium based server and 32 bit for other servers. But the download for 32 bit gives you 9.2.0.3 patch only and requires 9.2.0.1 and I am not able to find it there. Please help it is urgent. We use HP-UX and have software CDs for that. Thanks nhk wrote: > Hi, > > Where can I download Oracle9.2 for windows 2003 server? On Oracle > technet site there are 2 versions 32 bit and 64 bit. I think 64bit is > for Itanium based server and 32 bit for other servers. But the download > for 32 bit gives you 9.2.0.3 patch only and requires 9.2.0.1 and I am > not able to find it there. > Please help it is urgent. > We use HP-UX and have software CDs for that. > > Thanks Why 9.2.0.3? At the bare minimum 9.2.0.6. -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org I want 9.2.0.1 (oracle 9i) but the link gives only the patch for 9.2.0.3 when you unzip it. Thanks DA Morgan wrote: > nhk wrote: > > Hi, > > > > Where can I download Oracle9.2 for windows 2003 server? On Oracle > > technet site there are 2 versions 32 bit and 64 bit. I think 64bit is > > for Itanium based server and 32 bit for other servers. But the download > > for 32 bit gives you 9.2.0.3 patch only and requires 9.2....

Known problems with Oracle 9.2.0.1 and Windows Server 2003 ?
On the CD of Oracle Database 9.2.0.1 is not specified that it runs on Windows Server 2003, but i've tried and it works. Do you know bugs or problems with this configuration? I see that 9.2.0.3 version is Windows Server 2003 certified. Do you think that i've to upgrade to that version? (sorry for my english) MariMax wrote: > > On the CD of Oracle Database 9.2.0.1 is not specified that it runs on > Windows Server 2003, but i've tried and it works. > Do you know bugs or problems with this configuration? > > I see that 9.2.0.3 version is Windows Server 2003 certified. Do you think > that i've to upgrade to that version? > > (sorry for my english) It's worth your time to upgrade as there are many fixes. To see which, log on to metalink and review the 'Fixes by Release' note. Remember that if you have ANY problem, the first general response is to upgrade to the latest version and then investigate. "Why wait for spring - do it now!" (I suspect there is probably a good reason why Oracle posted a separate download for Windows2003 Server as compared to the download for NT/XP/2000 - make sure you have the right one.) /Hans Hans Forbrich <hforbric@yahoo.net> wrote in message news:<40339F99.48EB66EB@yahoo.net>... > MariMax wrote: > > > > On the CD of Oracle Database 9.2.0.1 is not specified that it runs on > > Windows Server 2003, but i've tried and it works. > > Do ...

Oracle 10g 10.0.2 client, to connect oracle 8 server
Dear Group members, I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and 8i it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error <b> "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer supported." </b> Can i install, 2 or more version of oracle clients in same system, becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will infect my software .. process.. if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before installation .. What is the best oracle client software can suitable for most of the server's On Jul 27, 11:58=A0pm, ranganadh <ranganadhkod...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear Group members, > > =A0I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and > 8i > > it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. > when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error > > <b> =A0"ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer > supported." </b> > > Can i install, 2 or more =A0version of oracle clients in same system, > becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some > SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will > infect my software .. process.. > > if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, ...

Oracle 10g 10.0.2 client, to connect oracle 8 server
Dear Group members, I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and 8i it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error <b> "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer supported." </b> Can i install, 2 or more version of oracle clients in same system, becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will infect my software .. process.. if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before installation .. What is the best oracle client software can suitable for most of the server's > I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and > 8i > > it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. > when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error > > <b> "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer > supported." </b> > > > Can i install, 2 or more version of oracle clients in same system, > becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some > SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will > infect my software .. process.. Yes you can, I currently have 3 versions Oracle 8.0.4, Oracle 9.2 and Oracle 10.2 on my work PC. No problem. > > if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before > installation .. If yo...

Server to server = Server client to server?
For a server to server connection, is the connecting server considered as a client of the accepting server or is it not? I have the following classes: Connection <--- base class of the following two ClientConnection <--- client ServerConnection <--- server ServerClientConnection <--- server as a client of another server. But then I came across something that states "A client is anything connected to a server that is not another client". Comments please... Just remember! Server ( programm ) is always listening a connections!!! - wrote: &g...

Running ORACLE 8.1.7 & ORACLE 9.2 on the same UNIX server
Hi, I have recently installed ORACLE 9.2 Database on a UNIX server (2.8) which already has ORACLE 8.1.7. They have both a different SID and ORACLE_BASE. However I am having to use the ORACLE 8 listener for both ORACLE databases. Is it possible to run separate ORACLE 8 and ORACLE 9 listeners? Hello, There are no difficulty to use 2 listeners on the same machine. The point is that default listener used to listen on port 1521 (or 1526). You will have to change your listener configuration( netasst or by hand) in order to use a different port number, a different listener name and communicate it to your users for their tnsnames.ora. LSNR8I = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS= (PROTOCOL= TCP)(Host= machine)(Port= 1110)) ) Generally what I do is to create 1 listener per Oracle Version. After that, for starting listeners you'll have to launch lsnrctl start LSNR8I ou lsnrctl start LSNR9I I am used to name listeners with different names since 8i because you have the autoregistration stuff and with 2 listeners with the same name, you are not sure on which the database will register (or using le local_listener init parm). Regs, Olivier jonathan.johnston@bt.com (Jonathan Johnston) wrote in message news:<5e07fa5.0406080037.67d595a9@posting.google.com>... > Hi, > > I have recently installed ORACLE 9.2 Database on a UNIX server (2.8) > which already has ORACLE 8.1.7. They have both a different SID and > ...

After installation of Oracle 9.2. The Login in Oracle Management Server creates the error: VTK-1000
Hello, I can't local login in Oracle Management Server after installation of Oracle 9.2. Where I can look the right name and status the Oracle Management Server? My Database ----------- Host-Name: PRG1 Port-Number: 1521 SID: TEST Net Service Name: TEST.PZCS.LOCAL TNS-Descriptor: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=prg1)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=test))) Silly question maybe: You did verify whether the Oracle Management Service is actually running? --- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA Hello, how I can detect, whether the Oracle Management running? I use W2k. My Oracle Services --- OracleMTSRecoveryService OracleOraHome92Agent OracleOraHome92ClientCache OracleOraHome92HTTPServer OracleOraHome92PagingServer OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerEncapsulator OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerMasterAgent OracleOraHome92TNSListener OracleServiceTEST Best Regards Wolfram Hubert wolfram.hubert@web.de wrote: >Hello, > >how I can detect, whether the Oracle Management running? I use W2k. > >My Oracle Services >--- >OracleMTSRecoveryService >OracleOraHome92Agent >OracleOraHome92ClientCache >OracleOraHome92HTTPServer >OracleOraHome92PagingServer >OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerEncapsulator >OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerMasterAgent >OracleOraHome92TNSListener >OracleServiceTEST > >Best Regards > >Wolfram Hubert Is there a OMS set up and are you entering the correct connection info for it ( it IS NOT...

Installing 9.2.0.6 patch for Windows 32 Oracle Client
I have 9.2.0.1 Windows Client installed on my Windows 2000 Professional. I want to upgrade it to 9.2.0.6. I could not find any patch under 9.2.0 client, however I found a patch under Windows 32 bit (database server). Patch is 3948480, the patch title says: Release 2 (9.2.0.6.0) Patch Set 5 for Windows (32-Bit) I was told by Oracle support on metalink, patch will work for Windows 32 client as well even though it does not say that. My question is, is there an option in this patchset to upgrade only Windows 32 client, or it will end up installing database server software as well. Thanks a lot, Prem premmehrotra@hotmail.com wrote: > I have 9.2.0.1 Windows Client installed on my Windows 2000 > Professional. > I want to upgrade it to 9.2.0.6. I could not find any patch under > 9.2.0 client, however I found a patch under Windows 32 bit (database > server). > > Patch is 3948480, the patch title says: > Release 2 (9.2.0.6.0) Patch Set 5 for Windows (32-Bit) > > I was told by Oracle support on metalink, patch will work for Windows > 32 client as well even though it does not say that. > > My question is, is there an option in this patchset to upgrade only > Windows 32 client, or it will end up installing database server > software as well. > > > Thanks a lot, > > Prem > It will patch only the products you already have installed, so you should be fine. -Mark Bole ...

Install problems with Oracle installer 2.2 for Oracle 9i Client 9.2.0.1.0
Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong forum - I am an Oracle Newbie. Here are my computer specs : Windows 2003 - fully patch from Microsoft as of Sept 4th 2004 HP LP2000r 1 x 1,1 Gig Intel processor 1 GB RAM Hardware RAID 1, 12 GB with 8 GB freespace Clean install, no other programs. At first I tried running the Oracle installer program from the CD ROM and came up with the error that it could not find the javaw.exe program. I then tried installing and reinstalling several versions of java to no avail. Next I searched through groups.google and found the solution: 1. Copy the Oracle CD to the hard drive. I copied it to a subfolder directly to C:\Oracle9i 2. Change the file c:\oracle9i\install\ORAPARAM.INI to reflect the actual name of the directories listed in the install directories of the cd I just copied. I did this and next took out some "."s and put the absolute path to the java program and something called the "OUI_LOCATION". JRE_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdjre/13110a/1/DataFiles/Expanded OUI_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdoui/220120/1/DataFiles/Expanded Okay so good so far. This time the installer actually started. The problem occurs in the next few steps, when I click "next" (weiter in German) from the welcome screen- please understand if I translate something wrong here. Then I am shown the installation directory screen, where I select the default listed: Source : C:\Oracle...

Clone a 10gR2 database running on 64 bit server to 32 bit server
I Have to clone a 10gR2 database running on 64 bit server to 32 bit server. Details: we have HOT backup of last night. Database running on Red hat Linux 4. DB version : 10.2.0.2. Any suggestions are appreciated. is the oracle binary 32-bit or 64-bit ? regards srivenu On Sep 9, 11:27=A0am, sriv...@hotmail.com wrote: > is the oracle binary 32-bit or 64-bit ? > regards > srivenu The server has 32 bit binaries. On Sep 9, 12:32=A0pm, amr <maheshn...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Sep 9, 11:27=A0am, sriv...@hotmail.com wrote: > > > is the oracle binary 32-bit or 64-bit ? > > regards > > srivenu > > The server has 32 bit binaries. This is on the 64-bit machine? David Fitzjarrell On Sep 9, 10:32=A0am, amr <maheshn...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Sep 9, 11:27=A0am, sriv...@hotmail.com wrote: > > > is the oracle binary 32-bit or 64-bit ? > > regards > > srivenu > > The server has 32 bit binaries. Well, it could be out of date, but see metalink Note:62290.1 & 467676.1. I think the part about 32-bit not being supported on 64-bit might be right, judging from the certification matrix. But with linux, who knows what evil lurks in the machinations of men? And I could be wrong, not actually using linux now. Platforms that support both will say 64-bit only if 64-bit, but platforms that only support 64-bit won't say it, AFAIK (Note:119707.1). So, be explicit in how you know it is 32-bit, we might all learn ...

Oracle database Server 9.2 fails to start when Windoes 2000 Pro machine rebooted
Hi, I installed the Personal Edition of Oracle 9.2 server on my Windows 2000 Professional machine. Immediately after installation, the DB worked fine, responding to client connections and SQL queries. But after I restarted my machine, the server is not responding to client connections - giving TNS:no listener error in the net8 configuration assistant. Can any one help and point out what might eb the reason, and how to fix it? I tried creating new DBs but was unable to connect, even though there was no hiccup during installation. However, the log files seem to show the server starting when i reboot the machine. following is the contents of log trace file: Dump file c:\ora9ias\admin\mntest1\udump\mntest1_ora_1340.trc Tue Jun 01 21:54:52 2004 ORACLE V9.2.0.1.0 - Production vsnsta=0 vsnsql=12 vsnxtr=3 Windows 2000 Version 5.0 Service Pack 4, CPU type 586 Personal Oracle9i Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production Windows 2000 Version 5.0 Service Pack 4, CPU type 586 Instance name: mntest1 Redo thread mounted by this instance: 0 <none> Oracle process number: 12 Windows thread id: 1340, image: ORACLE.EXE *** 2004-06-01 21:54:52.000 *** SESSION ID:(9.1) 2004-06-01 21:54:51.000 (blkno = 0xe3, size = 276, max = 1, in-use = 1, last-recid= 0) (blkno = 0xe4, size = 56, max = 72, in-use = 1, last-recid= 1) Thread checkpoint rba:0x000007.00000002.0010 scn:0x0000.0010aaf4 On-disk rba:0x...

from oracle 9.2.04 to oracle 9.2.05
i'm a newbie, i'd like to guess if anybody knows how can I upgrade my oracle 9.2.04 to 9.2.05. My java_pool_size, shared_pool_size are under 150 MB. How can I set this value? Bye and thx a lot. jakko1982 wrote: > i'm a newbie, i'd like to guess if anybody knows how can I upgrade my > oracle 9.2.04 to 9.2.05. > My java_pool_size, shared_pool_size are under 150 MB. How can I set > this value? > > Bye and thx a lot. 1) Goto http://metalink.oracle.com and download the 9.2.0.5 patchset. You can also goto 9.2.0.6. Patch installation documentation comes with it. Make sure you review the documentation before applying the patchset. 2) Goto http://tahiti.oracle.com and review the "Initialization Parameter" section. If you are using spfile (Server Parameter File) then you can change these parameters online. Search for "spfile" keyword and goto "Administrator's Guide". If you are not using spfile then you need to locate the database init.ora file, modify the parameter values and bounce the database. Regards /Rauf sorry, but I use Spfile. I've searched Spfile keyword and I read the administrator's guide. and now? sorry but Im a newbye jakko1982 wrote: > sorry, but I use Spfile. I've searched Spfile keyword and I read the > administrator's guide. > > and now? sorry but Im a newbye Did you read under heading "Managing Initialization Parameters Using a Server Parameter File"...

Oracle and Windows Server 2003
Does the Oracle work with Windows Server 2003 and .NET? I am trying to run an ASP.NET app and keep getting the error "System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL (OraOps9.dll)". The dll in in the Oracle bin directory and I have relaxed permissions for ASP.NET and IUSR_machinename. This worked fine on Windows XP. I have downloaded all the latest patches for the client. Am I trying to do the impossible? Do I have to revert to XP? TIA David "David Rose" <drose2929@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<bo9a8e$qlo$1@bob.news.rcn.net>... > Does the Oracle work with Windows Server 2003 and .NET? I am trying to run > an ASP.NET app and keep getting the error "System.DllNotFoundException: > Unable to load DLL (OraOps9.dll)". The dll in in the Oracle bin directory > and I have relaxed permissions for ASP.NET and IUSR_machinename. > > This worked fine on Windows XP. I have downloaded all the latest patches > for the client. Am I trying to do the impossible? Do I have to revert to > XP? > > TIA > > David There is a separate version of Oracle 9.2.0.1 for Winblows 2003. Which necessarily means that all the other versions are not guaranteed to work. You could easily have looked this up in the download section of any official Oracle site. Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA Sybrand, I got the client from: Oracle Software Downloads -> Database ->...

oracle 9i database on a aix 4.3.3 server trying to use a 32 bit compiler- error ksms.imp
We are trying to get a new setup to work. We have an Oracle 9.2.0.4 database on AIX 4.3.3. This database is using the 64 bit kernel extension. We have installed Server Express 2.1 for 4.3.3 (MF cobol compiler) which is a 32 bit app. We tried to edit the makefile used for AIX 4.3.3, MF cobol compiler OCDS, Oracle database 8.1.6. We learned about needing to relink rstora32, and the procob32� that has been done. We changed out markefile to point to all the 9i oracle 32 bit directories. We are note experienced with makefiles and not sure our makefile is ok. We are now having problems with the 32 bit version of ksms.imp. At first the file was empty. To resolve that problem we: Generated the ksms.imp as follows.. @ORACLE_HOME/bin/genksms > $ORACLE_HOME/lib32/ksms.imp and relinked the "genksms" binary: make �f $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib32/ins_rdbms.mk $ORACLE_HOME/bin/genksms Do you know if we built this correctly? We do not seem to be able to compile without using the variable ...please note the error with the variable for ksms.imp and without that variable�. I hve included the makefile below Thanks 1. Problem when makefile has commented out line #LIMPEXP=$(LIBHOME)/ksms.imp This error is received for every line of code ld: 0711-418 ERROR: Import or export file /u00/app/oracle/product/9.2.0/lib32/ks ms.imp at line 4219: A symbol name may only be followed by an export attribute or an address. The line is being ignore...

Web resources about - Oracle 9.2 client installatiion on Windows 2003 server (32 bit) - comp.databases.oracle.server

Dale Chihuly - Artist - Site Map
Dale Chihuly - Artist Site Map

SunPower Rules Commercial Solar Market in 2011
... the data from these states represents well over 60% of installed solar capacity in the U.S. GTM Research separately tracks state installatiion ...

Kinetic Rain, Beautiful Droplet Installation at Singapore’s Changi Airport
... motors in the ceiling raise and lower the droplets, forming shapes and patterns in a beautiful 15 minute long display ( video ). The installatiion ...