Oracle 9i (9.2.0.1.0) Install link errors

Greetings:

    I'm trying to install Oracle 9i Enterprise Server and Client on a 64 bit
Solaris 8 machine. I encountering link errors as follows:

Calling action unixActions2.2.0.6.0  make
        installMakePath = /usr/ccs/bin/make
        installMakeFileName =
/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk
        installTarget = ntcontab.o
        installArguments = ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0,
        undoMakeFileName = null
        undoTarget = null
        undoArguments = null
        logFile = /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0/install/make.log

Exception thrown from action: make
Exception Name: MakefileException
Exception String: Error in invoking target ntcontab.o of makefile
/opt/oracle/pr
oduct/9.2.0.1.0/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk
Exception Severity: 1

This was while the OUI was trying to execute the following make command:

/usr/ccs/bin/make -f ins_net_client.mk ntcontab.o
ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0

I can actucally manully execute this on the command line and it seems to
work but I'm sure not properly since I'm sure there are some paths that it
needs which would have normaly been set in the install script.

I believe I have something not set properly prior to starting the Oracle
Universal Installer but I'm not sure what (i.e., environment variable, or
compiler option).
Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers!

0
joe283 (8)

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 18:59:29 GMT, "Joseph Dimech" <joe@tsc-corp.com>
wrote:

>I believe I have something not set properly prior to starting the Oracle
>Universal Installer but I'm not sure what (i.e., environment variable, or
>compiler option).

You object reading the installation instructions?

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
0

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./:/opt/SUNWspro/lib::/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0/lib
LIBPATH=/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0/lib:
LOGNAME=oracle
MAIL=/var/mail/oracle
MAILCHECK=600
MANPATH=scohelp::/opt/SUNWspro/man
OFLAGS=-D__AMIS_INFORMIX_7__=1 -D__AMIS_PROTOS__ -g -xarch=v9 -xs -misalign
-err
tags=yes -
erroff=E_NO_IMPLICIT_DECL_ALLOWED,E_NO_EXPLICIT_TYPE_GIVEN,E_OLD_STYLE_DECL_
OR_BAD_TYPE
OPTIND=1
ORACLE_BASE=/opt/oracle
ORACLE_DBPATH=/opt/oracle/amis
ORACLE_DOC=/opt/oracle/doc
ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0
ORACLE_MAKEFILE=/opt/oracle/local/bin/demo_rdbms.mk
ORACLE_SID=amis
ORA_NLS33=/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0/ocommon/nls/admin/data
PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:.:/opt/SUNWspro/bin:/usr/ccs:/usr/ccs/bin:/opt/o
racle/product/9.2.0.1.0/bin:/opt/oracle/local/bin:/usr/ccs:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr
/openwin/bin:/usr/local/bin
SHELL=/bin/sh
TERM=vt220
TMP=/usr4
TMPDIR=/usr4
TZ=US/Eastern
_INIT_NET_STRATEGY=none
_INIT_PREV_LEVEL=S
_INIT_RUN_LEVEL=3
_INIT_RUN_NPREV=0
_INIT_UTS_ISA=sparc
_INIT_UTS_MACHINE=sun4u
_INIT_UTS_NODENAME=sol
_INIT_UTS_PLATFORM=SUNW,Ultra-250
_INIT_UTS_RELEASE=5.8
_INIT_UTS_SYSNAME=SunOS
_INIT_UTS_VERSION=Generic_108528-09

I have an oracle account set up and have added the "oracle", "dba" and
"oper" groups. I am just using the "oracle" group as the install group as
well. I have confirmed the compiler, ftp, and so forth according the the
install instrutions. I have tried installing more than once and have started
from scratch each time without success. My original problem was with lack of
space in the "/tmp" directory. I solved that my setting the "TMP" and
"TMPDIR" variables as you can see from the above set command. After, I tried
again but ran into my first link error. Once I deleted everything and tried
again I have gotton more link errors.

So I do believe that I have done all the required legwork... but maybe not?

Best regards,
Joseph

"Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg@sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl> wrote in message
> On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 18:59:29 GMT, "Joseph Dimech" <joe@tsc-corp.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I believe I have something not set properly prior to starting the Oracle
> >Universal Installer but I'm not sure what (i.e., environment variable, or
> >compiler option).
>
> You object reading the installation instructions?
>

> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

0
joe283 (8)
12/4/2003 8:39:00 PM
"Joseph Dimech" <joe@tsc-corp.com> wrote in message
> [...]
tried
> again but ran into my first link error. Once I deleted everything and
tried
> again I have gotton more link errors.
>
> So I do believe that I have done all the required legwork... but maybe
not?

> Best regards,
> Joseph
>
> "Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg@sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl> wrote in message
> > On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 18:59:29 GMT, "Joseph Dimech" <joe@tsc-corp.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >I believe I have something not set properly prior to starting the
Oracle
> > >Universal Installer but I'm not sure what (i.e., environment variable,
or
> > >compiler option).
> >
> > You object reading the installation instructions?

Hey Joseph,

Don't apologize to Sybrand.  The guy doesn't offer advice.  He figures he's
some kind of Oracle god and will do his best to may you look like an idiot.
In the end, he's just a sorry, pathetic little boy who desperately needs
some companionship.

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 20:55:10 GMT, "Mark Filson"
<mfilson29NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hey Joseph,
>
>Don't apologize to Sybrand.  The guy doesn't offer advice.  He figures he's
>some kind of Oracle god and will do his best to may you look like an idiot.
>In the end, he's just a sorry, pathetic little boy who desperately needs
>some companionship.

Abuse will be sent

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
0
gooiditweg (171)
12/4/2003 11:18:15 PM
> On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 20:55:10 GMT, "Mark Filson"
> <mfilson29NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hey Joseph,
> >
> >Don't apologize to Sybrand.  The guy doesn't offer advice.  He figures
he's
> >some kind of Oracle god and will do his best to may you look like an
idiot.
> >In the end, he's just a sorry, pathetic little boy who desperately needs
> >some companionship.
> >

> Abuse will be sent
>

> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

You don't know the meaning of abuse.

Joseph Dimech wrote:

> Greetings:
>
>     I'm trying to install Oracle 9i Enterprise Server and Client on a 64 bit
> Solaris 8 machine. I encountering link errors as follows:
>
> Calling action unixActions2.2.0.6.0  make
>         installMakePath = /usr/ccs/bin/make
>         installMakeFileName =
> /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk
>         installTarget = ntcontab.o
>         installArguments = ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0,
>         undoMakeFileName = null
>         undoTarget = null
>         undoArguments = null
>         logFile = /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0/install/make.log
>
> Exception thrown from action: make
> Exception Name: MakefileException
> Exception String: Error in invoking target ntcontab.o of makefile
> /opt/oracle/pr
> oduct/9.2.0.1.0/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk
> Exception Severity: 1
>
> This was while the OUI was trying to execute the following make command:
>
> /usr/ccs/bin/make -f ins_net_client.mk ntcontab.o
> ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0
>
> I can actucally manully execute this on the command line and it seems to
> work but I'm sure not properly since I'm sure there are some paths that it
> needs which would have normaly been set in the install script.
>
> I believe I have something not set properly prior to starting the Oracle
> Universal Installer but I'm not sure what (i.e., environment variable, or
> compiler option).
> Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> Cheers!

A quick search comes up with quite a few hits, of which one suggests
to check the logfile for errors - it seems the compiler/linker is
sought in the wrong directory - creating a (symbolic) link
from /usr/bin to the actual diry worked.
--
Regards, Frank van Bortel

0
fbortel1 (99)
12/5/2003 8:31:24 AM
Hi Mark:

    Thanks for sticking up for me. You are right! If the guy doesn't have
anything worth while to say he should not say it. But I let stuff like that
roll of my back. Not worth the hassle. Anyway, I have found the problem and
would like to post my findings in order to help anyone else who may have
these symptoms. As I had noted: I ran into multiple compile errors. I had
checked the pre-install notes for requirement and set up the proper
environment variables, tuned the kernel (Solaris 8), set up the necessary
accounts and groups, then read release notes. Even bought a new 18 gig drive
to make sure I have enough space. My first problem I ran into was the "tmp"
file system was too small. No problem, I set the "TMP" and "TMPDIR" to a
larger file system I had available. That was the easy part. After proceeding
from there I ran into the compile errors during install. Turns out that I
missed checking my swap space. I have 512 meg of memory but only 250 meg of
swap was allocated. The machine came pre-configured with Solairs 8 from a
company which specializes in Sun machines. I assumed this should have not
been an issue but I was wrong. I should have known this because I had seen
this behavior before while compiling our software at work years ago when
disk space and memory were resources were less plentiful. So there you have
it! See, it is not that I didn't read the install manual, it is just the I
missed a couple of lines in the process of reading and doing (back and
forth). All Sybrand had do was suggest  that I re-check my pre-install
requirements in case I missed something. You know... just give some
direction, not specifics. That is if he had any kind of clue. But I will
give him the benefit of the doubt.

Best regards,
Joseph

"Mark Filson" <mfilson29NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg@sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl> wrote in message
> > On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 20:55:10 GMT, "Mark Filson"
> > <mfilson29NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Hey Joseph,
> > >
> > >Don't apologize to Sybrand.  The guy doesn't offer advice.  He figures
> he's
> > >some kind of Oracle god and will do his best to may you look like an
> idiot.
> > >In the end, he's just a sorry, pathetic little boy who desperately
needs
> > >some companionship.
> > >

> > Abuse will be sent
> >

> > --
> > Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
>
> You don't know the meaning of abuse.

0
joe283 (8)
12/5/2003 2:09:42 PM
> Hi Mark:
>
>     Thanks for sticking up for me. You are right! If the guy doesn't have
> anything worth while to say he should not say it. But I let stuff like
that
> roll of my back. Not worth the hassle. Anyway, I have found the problem
and
> would like to post my findings in order to help anyone else who may have
> these symptoms. As I had noted: I ran into multiple compile errors. I had
> checked the pre-install notes for requirement and set up the proper
> environment variables, tuned the kernel (Solaris 8), set up the necessary
> accounts and groups, then read release notes. Even bought a new 18 gig
drive
> to make sure I have enough space. My first problem I ran into was the
"tmp"
> file system was too small. No problem, I set the "TMP" and "TMPDIR" to a
> larger file system I had available. That was the easy part. After
proceeding
> from there I ran into the compile errors during install. Turns out that I
> missed checking my swap space. I have 512 meg of memory but only 250 meg
of
> swap was allocated. The machine came pre-configured with Solairs 8 from a
> company which specializes in Sun machines. I assumed this should have not
> been an issue but I was wrong. I should have known this because I had seen
> this behavior before while compiling our software at work years ago when
> disk space and memory were resources were less plentiful. So there you
have
> it! See, it is not that I didn't read the install manual, it is just the I
> missed a couple of lines in the process of reading and doing (back and
> forth). All Sybrand had do was suggest  that I re-check my pre-install
> requirements in case I missed something. You know... just give some
> direction, not specifics. That is if he had any kind of clue. But I will
> give him the benefit of the doubt.
>
> Best regards,
> Joseph
>
> "Mark Filson" <mfilson29NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg@sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl> wrote in message

> > he's
> > idiot.
> needs
> > > >

> > > Abuse will be sent
> > >

> > > --
> > > Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
> >
> > You don't know the meaning of abuse.

good job.

Install problems with Oracle installer 2.2 for Oracle 9i Client 9.2.0.1.0
Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong forum - I am an Oracle Newbie. Here are my computer specs : Windows 2003 - fully patch from Microsoft as of Sept 4th 2004 HP LP2000r 1 x 1,1 Gig Intel processor 1 GB RAM Hardware RAID 1, 12 GB with 8 GB freespace Clean install, no other programs. At first I tried running the Oracle installer program from the CD ROM and came up with the error that it could not find the javaw.exe program. I then tried installing and reinstalling several versions of java to no avail. Next I searched through groups.google and found the solution: 1. Copy the Oracle CD to the hard drive. I copied it to a subfolder directly to C:\Oracle9i 2. Change the file c:\oracle9i\install\ORAPARAM.INI to reflect the actual name of the directories listed in the install directories of the cd I just copied. I did this and next took out some "."s and put the absolute path to the java program and something called the "OUI_LOCATION". JRE_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdjre/13110a/1/DataFiles/Expanded OUI_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdoui/220120/1/DataFiles/Expanded Okay so good so far. This time the installer actually started. The problem occurs in the next few steps, when I click "next" (weiter in German) from the welcome screen- please understand if I translate something wrong here. Then I am shown the installation directory screen, where I select the default listed: Source : C:\Oracle...

Oracle server 9.2.0.1.0, Client 9.2.0.4.0, Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1
Hi Everybody, My Database server is running on Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1, And my Oracle version is 9.2.0.1.0. My Client mechine also Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1 , Oracle client version is 9.2.0.4.0. I am running a web application. Our application is in Magic edeveloper. I connect to Oracle using oracle gateway to my application. My Problem is my application is is becoming slow. I am not able to trace where the problem is. Before our application was running fine. recently i upgraded Oracle client version to 9.2.0.4.0. My Oracle client & server versions are different. I am getting error on my client mechine, it showing all memory address on the screen and the part of error is, arg register addr=83498cc .... Dump of memory from 0x83988c to 0x83499cc .... -- End of Call stack trace -- I am not able to trace where the problem is.Any insight please... Thanks, Ssreddy. ...

oracle 9i (9.2.0.1.0)
Hi! when I call the oracle performance manager I get the following errors: VTM-0002: error when displaying graph java.lang.null.pointerexception at oracle.sysman.vtd.VtdCartridge.lookupClass(VtdCartridge.java:1313) ..... what is my problem? Thanks! ...

upgrade from oracle 9.2.0.1.0 to 9.2.0.5.0
Hi, I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for window version 32 bits, does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step doing it. many thanks leehi leehi wrote: > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, Windows NT4? W2k? W2K3? W2K3 - Release 2? Why stop ot 9.2.0.5? > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. leehi wrote: > Hi, > > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, > > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. > > many thanks > > leehi Go to metalink.oracle.com (registration and Oracle support CSI required). Click on Patches and Updates tab. Wait for the whole screen to load. Use one of the search functions to find your patch (note the Quick Links if you are getting something common, like 9206 or 9207). When you finally get to your patch download, click on the readme (the piece-of-paper icon next to the download icon). Read all the instructions. It's a good idea to read the instructions every time you do it, even (or perhaps especially) when you are comfortable doing it. The readme is usually also included with the patch. Download and unzip the patch. Look at what is there in the patch, perhaps there are additional release notes. Look around on metalink for addition...

Upgrade from Oracle 9.2.0.1 to Oracle 9.2.0.3
Hello All, I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start again? Thanks Kumu Hello Kumu, What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you experience? You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your situation. New patches can introduce new problems as you can see, Regards, Ron DBA Infopower http://www.dbainfopower.com Standard disclaimer: http://www.dbainfopower.com/dbaip_advice_disclaimer.html "kumu" <forlist2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a44abd39.0402161837.6badb9ed@posting.google.com... > Hello All, > I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or > 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? > > Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying > 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start > again? > > Thanks > Kumu "Ron" <support@dbainfopower.com> wrote in message news:<QqWdnRM_cMiwWqzdRVn-vg@comcast.com>... > Hello Kumu, > > What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you > experience? > > You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your > situation. > > New patches can introduce new...

Connection from Oracle Developer Suite 10g 9.0.4.0.1 to Oracle DB 10g Release 10.1.0.2.0
Hi, I have installed Oracle DB 10g Release 10.1.0.2.0 on Windows XP. START->ALL PROGS->oracle-OraDb10g_home3 Location of TNSNAMES FILE: C:\oracle\product\10.1.0\db_3\NETWORK\ADMIN\TNSNAMES.ORA with two alias: 1)ORCL3 2) EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA I can logon to database via SQL*PLUS and I can log on to EM on the web as well using ORCL3. After that I installed Oracle Developer Suite 10g 9.0.4.0.1 to my the same computer. During installation it was not allowing me to install this suite to the same ORACLE home. I installed this in the following home: START->ALL PROGS->...

massive performance drop Oracle 9i on multi processor system (Windows Server 2003, Oracle 9i, 9.2.0.6.0)
The performance of some complex PL/SQL functions has dropped dramatically since migrating from Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.0) on Windows Server 2000 to 9i (9.2.0.6.0) on Windows Server 2003. We found out, that Oracle 9i performance on a multi processor CPU machine (our server has 4 XEON CPUs, Hyperthreading is disabled in BIOS) is highly dependent on init.ora parameters; unfortunately our trial and error approach to find the proper settings (we searched Oracle Tech Net (OTN) and google groups without success) did not help so far. We are testing performance behaviour with some business critical PL/SQL procedures that do authorization calculations for our application. Simplified these functions do a lot of inserts, deletes and selects in/from tables (being used as temp tables in lack of in memory temp table support of oracle 9i). We can monitor the progress within the stored procedure by using UTL_FILE functions to write a log file into the file system of the server; we real time monitor the log file using "tail -f". <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); [...] When setting "CPU_COUNT = 1" in init.ora the function will typically run up to 10 seconds, when setting "CPU_COUNT = 4" it will take more than 2 minutes (!!!) We experimented with the following other parameters so far: db_writer_processes (set to 4 in combination with cpu_count = 4) fast_start_parall...

help:How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7
How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 1-what scripts are to be used 2-Where i can find these scripts. Thnks. You can't. You can use lower version export to export higher version database. The other way around has never been possible. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA You probably have Oracle 9.2.0.1 running somewhere right, perhaps on another machine ? Set your ORACLE_HOME to 9.2.0.1 then export through sqlnet: exp username/pwd @9207instance Now you'll use the 9.2.0.1 export utility; this should work. "shahsyed" <shahsyed@gmail.com> schreef in bericht . > How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 > > 1-what scripts are to be used > 2-Where i can find these scripts. > > Thnks. Hi, I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is possible?? Thanks Alok. On 9 Aug 2005 22:05:49 -0700, alok.behria@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, > > I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is >possible?? > >Thanks >Alok. Oracle is backwards compatible provided you have the definition of backwards compatible correct. You can connect (again) *lower version client* to a *higher version database* The other way around has nothing to do with backwards compatible, though it usually works, *with the exception of export/import, AS DOCUMENTED* (but I guess no one ever reads the docs) -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Hi, ...

Installation of Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 hangs at linking stage...
Hi Friends, I am trying to install Oracle 9.2.0.1. on Solaris 5.10 Installation fails during linking process at 61% & doesnt move ahead. When I abort the the installation & try to run relink all it hangs at the same process. I am installing 9.2.0.1.0 on Sun solaris (sparc - 64 bit). As there any patch is to be apply at Solaris level or any specific parameter for Solaris 10. Thanks in advance. SofDev wrote: > Hi Friends, > > I am trying to install Oracle 9.2.0.1. on Solaris 5.10 > Installation fails during linking process at 61% & doesnt move ahead. > When I abort the the installation & try to run relink all it hangs at > the same process. I am installing 9.2.0.1.0 on Sun solaris (sparc - 64 > bit). As there any patch is to be apply at Solaris level or any > specific parameter for Solaris 10. > > Thanks in advance. Somewhere in the instalation notes there should be a reference to a url with any additional updates for your platform. I would look for this url and check it. I would also double check my OS settings, especially configured swap space, verse the recommended settings listed in the installation manual. HTH -- Mark D Powell -- ...

oracle 9i (9.2.0.1.0)
Hi! I have a standalone oracle 9.2.0.1.0 database. Then I start sql analyze in oracle enterprise manager console. In the login box I select 'standalone repository'. User: sys, Password: is okay, Service: is okay. I get the following : ORA-28009: connection to sys should be as sysdba or sysoper. Who can help me? Thanks! "Hubert Mayr" <huma1@gmx.net> a �crit dans le message de news:1077876364.992762@news.liwest.at... > Hi! > > I have a standalone oracle 9.2.0.1.0 database. Then I start sql analyze in > oracle enterprise manager console. > In the login box I select 'standalone repository'. > User: sys, Password: is okay, Service: is okay. > > I get the following : > > ORA-28009: connection to sys should be as sysdba or sysoper. > > Who can help me? > > Thanks! > > ORA-28009 connection to sys should be as sysdba or sysoper Cause: Connect sys/password is no longer a valid syntax. Action: Try connect sys/password as sysdba or connect sys/password as sysoper. Starting with 9.0, sys cannot connect anymore as a normal user, it can only connect as sysdba or sysoper. Regards Michel Cadot Hi, set O7_DICTIONARY_ACCESSIBILITY =TRUE. regards Srivenu ...

Error in installing Oracle 9i (9.0.1) on Redhat Linux 9
Hi, I am facing following problem in installing Oracle 9i on RHL 9 Error in invoking target install of makefile /home/oracle/product/9.0.1/plsql/ins_plsql.mk I have already tried the solution suggested for RHL 7.1/2/3 (editing genclntsh and removing -z defs and running this script). Even after this fix when I click Retry button I get the above error again. When I try to run genclntsh after removing "-z defs" I get this error. cp: cannot stat `/DISCARD/': No such file or directory Created /home/oracle/product/9.0.1/lib/libclntst9.a Any help will be appreciated. Thanks and Regards, Jitendra Agrawal. http://www.telemune.com/ ...

Error in invoking target 'install' of makefile '/u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk'
Hi guyz, i was patching up from 9.2.0.4 to 9.2.0.6 on RHEL3 and unfortunately i came up with that error above. i was checking on Metalink but didnt get that much info. Most of the people were asking to check LD_LIBRARY_PATH which sounds like fine. Its a makefile issue. in my make.log it says collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make: *** [onrsd] Error 1 % echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH /u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0 ..1.0/lib i checked ld, which ld /usr/bin/ld from the log life i have got that collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make: *** [onrsd] Error 1 End output from spawned process. ---------------------------------- Exception thrown from action: make Exception Name: MakefileException Exception String: Error in invoking target 'install' of makefile '/u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk'. See '/u01/app/oracle/oraInventory/logs/installActions2006-12-12_11- 19-22PM.log' for details. Exception Severity: 1 i had that issue before but i just forgot how to resolve that issue. If anyone came across with that issue please let me know would be great help. Thanks in Advance guyz. Hasnain ...

Installing patchset 9.2.0.8 on 9.2.0.1 error
The following running services need to be shutdown before continuing: Automatic Updates Background Intelligent Transfer Server COM+ Event System Cryptographic Services DCOM Server Process Launcher DHCP Client DNS Client Distributed Link Tracking Client Error Reporting Service Help and Support Messenger Network Connections Network Location Awareness(NLA) Remote Access Connection Manager Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Remote Registry Secondary Logon Server Shell Hardware Detection System Event Notification System Restore Service TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper Task Scheduler Telephony Terminal Services Themes WebClient Windows Audio Windows Management Instrumentation Windows Time Wireless Zero Configuration Workstation What should I do, while installing patchset 9.2.0.8 on WINDOWS XP, I am getting above error. "peter" <hhh.database@gmail.com> schreef in bericht news:1168424525.937552.232840@k58g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > The following running services need to be shutdown before continuing: > > Automatic Updates > Background Intelligent Transfer Server > COM+ Event System > Cryptographic Services > DCOM Server Process Launcher > DHCP Client > DNS Client > Distributed Link Tracking Client > Error Reporting Service > Help and Support > Messenger > Network Connections > Network Location Awareness(NLA) > Remote Access Connection Manager > Remote Procedure Call (RPC) > Remote Registry > Secondary Logon > Server ...

Problem installing Oracle Designer 9.0.2.0.1
Hi everyone, I installed Oracle Database 9.2.0.1.0 on Windows 2000. Now I m trying to install Designer 9.0.2.0.1 but I m getting a message at the beginning of installation and the message is : Dependencies: Oracle 9iAS cannot be installed into an existing Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 or higher Oracle Home. If somebody help I will be really appreciate it. -- Haji Syed, Hassan On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 03:18:13 GMT, "hajisyed" <hajisyed@rogers.com> wrote: >Hi everyone, > >I installed Oracle Database 9.2.0.1.0 on Windows 2000. Now I m trying to >install Designer 9.0.2.0.1 but I m getting a message at the beginning of >installation and the message is : > >Dependencies: >Oracle 9iAS cannot be installed into an existing Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 or higher >Oracle Home. > >If somebody help I will be really appreciate it. You should have installed Designer first. And you need to install Designer in a *different* Oracle home, which can be accomplished by changing Oracle home in the installer. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA ...

Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 Install Fail On Win2k
I am attempting to install Oracle 9i (9.2.0.1.0) onto my machine running Windows 2000 Professional which, according to Oracle, is a supported configuration. After selecting my installation type, the installer fails with the following error message: "The procedure entry point SetHandleContext could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.DLL". From searching the web, I have found comments suggesting that SetHandleContext no longer exists in KERNEL32.DLL on Windows 2000. Is the 9i installer perhaps thinking that I am running NT ? Help in this regard would be greatly appreciated. We are running Oracle 9204 EE on win2k adv. We never had any issue with the installation and running oracle on win2k. In fact, as you pointed out, the problem is to find information on various issues on windows. Oracle will work perfectly on windows but it requires a little self trainning. Keep searching. "StephenMatthews" <steveandemma@matthews2002.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:<bod8c2$ion$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk>... > I am attempting to install Oracle 9i (9.2.0.1.0) onto my machine running > Windows 2000 Professional which, according to Oracle, is a supported > configuration. After selecting my installation type, the installer fails > with the following error message: "The procedure entry point > SetHandleContext could not be located in the dynamic link library > KERNEL32.DLL". From searching the web, I have foun...

oracle 9.2.0.1.0 link to sqlserver 2000 tables
Hi! I have a sqlserver 2000 running. I also have a oracle 9.2 server with windows 2003 running. I installed after oracle enterprise edition setup the oracle gateway services for sqlserver on my oracle server. Then I made some changes in the different oracle *.ora files. Then I restarted the oracle service OracleOraHome92TNSListener. My question: is that all I have to do on my oracle server? have I anything to do on my sqlserver 2000? can my oracle server be at the same time my gateway to sqlserver 2000 or must that be an other computer - sqlserver? Thanks ...

Error applying patch p3948480_9206 to Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 on Tru64
Hi all, I'm trying to apply Patch p3948480_9206 to Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 on Tru64 Alphaserver 5.1A. I have all the System Requirements (like Tru64 UNIX version 5.1A Patches). I stop the listener and dismount the database, but when I start the Installer of the patch p3948480_9206 appears this error: Checking swap space: 10 MB available, 150 MB required. Failed<< I have two swap partitions: The first one of 1GB and the second of 1.96GB.Total swap space is about 2.96GB and the available space is 97% !!!! How can I solve?? Thanks Have you had a previous failed installation... Oracle sometimes doesn't clear up used memory after a failed install which can cause problems like this. Are you able to reboot the server and try again..? Also run "ps -fu oracle" to see what other oracle processes are running. Matt ...

problem with dbca on Oracle 9i R2 9.2.0.1.0 Linux

Setting file permission error on Oracle 9.2 installation on RedHat 9.0 #2
Hi, On installing Oracle 9.2 on RedHat 9.0 and AS 2.1, I encounterd the same following error: Error in setting permissions on file/directory /opt/oracle/jre/1.1.8/LICENSE Could someone tell me why it happened and how to fix it? Your help is much appreciated. Thanks, Rob ...

upgrate from 9.2.0.1.0 to 9.2.0.7.0
how to upgrade.... storm pixie wrote: > how to upgrade.... You grab the upgrade download and install it. Or you re-install from a complete base version. No rocket science, just follow the instructions. On 17 May 2006 17:55:59 -0700, "storm pixie" <amit.dba@gmail.com> wrote: >how to upgrade.... go to metalink download patch. find readme.html in the patch dowloaded follow test on non-production system first when it doubt, re-read the readme. ........ We run Oracle 9iR2,10gR1/2 on RH4/RH3 remove NSPAM to email Download patch or request a cd from oracle supp check the current installation. follow the instruction as the readme file. install the latest jvm patches for OEM. Please take note Oracle Workspace is only 9.2.0.5. You can always log a tar in metalink for support Download patch or request a cd from oracle supp check the current installation. follow the instruction as the readme file. install the latest jvm patches for OEM. Please take note Oracle Workspace is only 9.2.0.5. You can always log a tar in metalink for support ...

Which OS patches to install on HP-UX 11i (11.11) for Oracle 9i R2 (9.2.0.4.0)?
Hi! I'd like to install Oracle 9iR2 (9.2.0.4.0) on a HP-UX 11.11 machine. Which operating system patches should I install? The documentation at <http://oracleheva1.oracle.com/docs/html/A96167_01/pre.htm#sthref108> only lists 11.00 patches. Sept. 2001 Quality Pack, PHCO_23792, PHCO_24148, PHKL_24268, PHKL_24729, PHKL_ 25475, PHKL_25525, PHNE_24715, PHSS_23670, PHSS_24301, PHSS_24303, PHSS_24627, PHSS_22868 Is there somewhere a more recent listing? Thanks a lot, Alexander Skwar -- He that bringeth a present, findeth the door open. -- Scottish proverb. You can install the latest gold maintenance patch from hp and you should be all set. hpuxrac <johnbhurley@sbcglobal.net>: > You can install the latest gold maintenance patch from hp and you > should be all set. Thanks! In the meantime, I found Doc ID: Note:169706.1 Subject: Oracle RDBMS on AIX,HP-UX,Solaris,Tru64,Linux,MacOSX: Versions, Sizes, Requirements Quick Reference And installed, what was listed there: PHCO_24402 s/b PHCO_25569 PHCO_28427 s/b PHCO_29029 s/b PHCO_31903 PHKL_25506 PHNE_27745 s/b PHNE_30580 (For RAC systems) PHNE_28568 s/b PHNE_30378 PHSS_26560 s/b PHSS_30966 PHSS_26946 PHSS_28849 Alexander Skwar -- The older a man gets, the farther he had to walk to school as a boy. ...

Oracle 9.2.0.1 installation on Solaris 9
Hello all, I have installed 'enterprise editon' of 64-bit Oracle 9i(9.2.0.1) on a solaris 9 machine. I use the library(libclntst9.a) from this installation to link my OCI code. But I am facing symbol referencing errors as follows: ------- kolacbktab /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(kola.o) kpupftv7 /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(ttcdrv.o) kgupntb /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(kgupi.o) slxlobc /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(lxinitc.o) slxlobj /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(lxinitc.o) kpupft /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(kpuini.o) lpmiftfs /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(lpmpgif.o) ncrov /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(kgupn.o) ldxpmxa /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(ldxsti.o) slxlcbk /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(lxinitc.o) kpudft /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(kpuini.o) lxsftb /mainline/libraries/oracle/solaris/lib64/libclntst9.a(lxocmpst.o) ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to .... ------- This code used to work fine when I was using Oracle 8.1.7 with libclntst8.a While trying to look for solutions I observed that another machine which also has Oracle 9.2.0.1 installed has a libclntst9.a with a larger size. If I use the library from this second machine the OCI code compiles without errors The on...

Oracle 10.1.0.3 client(64 bits) linking error on SuSe 9.2
Hi All, Has anyone successfully install Oracle 10.1.0.3 (64 bits) on a linux SuSe 9.2? Let me give you my host's configuration and then I will show you the error message: HOST: test2 OS: GNU/Linux RELEASE: SuSE Linux 9.2 (x86-64) VERSION: 9.2 KERNEL_RELEASE: 2.6.8-24.14-smp KERNEL_VERSION: #1 SMP Tue Mar 29 09:27:43 UTC 2005 CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz CPU_COUNT: 4 PROCESSOR_TYPE: x86_64 RAM: 2054752 kB LAST_PATCHED: *auto* Oracle error is: Error in invoking target 'ntcontab.o' of makefile '/nfs/netapp/nethome/oracle/product/10.1.0-64bit/10.1.0/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk At the time of "linking"? test2 /nethome/oracle> echo $PATH /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/bin:/usr/games:/opt/gnome/bin echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH: Undefined variable. Do I need LD_LIBRARY_PATH?? Thank in advance, Dom In article <1121991428.111204.300430@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "dominica@gmail.com" <dominica@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Has anyone successfully install Oracle 10.1.0.3 (64 bits) on a linux > SuSe 9.2? > > Let me give you my host's configuration and then I will show you the > error message: > > HOST: test2 > OS: GNU/Linux > RELEASE: SuSE Linux 9.2 (x86-64) > VERSION: 9.2 > KERNEL_RELEASE: 2.6.8-24.14-smp > KERNEL_VERSION: #1 SMP Tue Mar 29 09:27:43 UTC 2005 > CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz ...

Bind Errors
Recently migrated from 8.1.7 to 9i and my Oracle Reports are no longer working -- I am getting an ORA-01006 Bind Variable does not exist. Has anybody had any success running reports developed in 2.5 to run against 9.2.0.6.0? They are working on 9.2.0.1.0 but I am rushed for time - don't really have the resources to upgrade this and all the instances on it so quickly. ManChild wrote: > Recently migrated from 8.1.7 to 9i and my Oracle Reports are no longer > working -- I am getting an ORA-01006 Bind Variable does not exist. Has > anybody had any success running reports developed in 2.5 to run against > 9.2.0.6.0? They are working on 9.2.0.1.0 but I am rushed for time - > don't really have the resources to upgrade this and all the instances > on it so quickly. Apparently the concept of testing evaded your management. Did you check metalink? -- Daniel Morgan Puget Sound Oracle Users Group On 12 Sep 2006 14:48:48 -0700, "ManChild" <starritt@gmail.com> wrote: > >Recently migrated from 8.1.7 to 9i and my Oracle Reports are no longer >working -- I am getting an ORA-01006 Bind Variable does not exist. Has >anybody had any success running reports developed in 2.5 to run against >9.2.0.6.0? They are working on 9.2.0.1.0 but I am rushed for time - >don't really have the resources to upgrade this and all the instances >on it so quickly. Please answer the question when Reports 2....

Web resources about - Oracle 9i (9.2.0.1.0) Install link errors - comp.databases.oracle.server

Can Facebook Advertisers Test Mobile App Install Ads On Their Devices?
Some Facebook advertisers are now able to preview their mobile application install ads directly on their mobile devices, complete with active ...

New Features to Mobile App Install Ads
Today we are happy to announce some updates to mobile app install ads to improve the experience people and developers have when viewing and creating ...

Facebook tries new designs for mobile page-Like and app install ads
Facebook began testing new designs for its mobile app install ads and page post ads this weekend. Following an update for Facebook for iOS, ...

Perth shopping centre installs WA's biggest solar power system
A thousand solar panels saves $20,000 a month.

How to: Install Android N developer preview factory images on Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, Nexus 9, and ...
Google introduced to the world the next version of Android, dubbed Android N, oddly early this year compared to the usual announcement at its ...

Should you install N preview on your main device? Here are some of the known issues with it.
... standing for “nut telling,” according to Hiroshi Lockheimer) is here and we’re all super excited to see it in action. But is it safe to install ...

Comcast failed to install Internet for 10 months then demanded $60,000 in fees
Despite all appearances, Comcast Business wasn't available at SmartCar's address. (credit: Comcast ) Nearly a year ago, a Silicon Valley startup ...

Las Vegas installs cool solar-kinetic street lights
Filed under: Etc. , Green , Videos , Emissions , Green Culture , Technology , Solar EnGoPlanet is providing Sin City with LED street lights powered ...