Oracle 9iR2 32bit on windows 2003 server 64bit

Hi all,

I've been requested to install Oracle 9i R2 32bit on windows 2003
server (enterprise) 64 bit running on a AMD architecture.
Looking at compatibility matrix on metalink, it seems that this is not
a supported  scenario.
Moreover, the FAQs indicate that it is possible to run Oracle 9i 32bit
on AMD 64 bit hardware running windows 2003 32 bit. Anyway, our client
"needs" both windows 64b and oracle 9i.
Now the question: has anyone ever installed and used the original
requested configuration (like the subject of this post)??
Suggestion??

thank you very much in advance.

M.
0
mputzu (5)

"marco" <mputzu@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I've been requested to install Oracle 9i R2 32bit on windows 2003
> server (enterprise) 64 bit running on a AMD architecture.
> Looking at compatibility matrix on metalink, it seems that this is not
> a supported  scenario.
> Moreover, the FAQs indicate that it is possible to run Oracle 9i 32bit
> on AMD 64 bit hardware running windows 2003 32 bit. Anyway, our client
> "needs" both windows 64b and oracle 9i.
> Now the question: has anyone ever installed and used the original
> requested configuration (like the subject of this post)??
> Suggestion??
>
> thank you very much in advance.
>
> M.
What is the "reasoning"?  (Is it some misguided conception that things will
run faster?)  Oracle won't use the extra memory in the machine.  It can't
address it.  If Oracle does not support the configuration what is the client
going to do when they call support and Oracle says "We don't support that
combination.  Please install into a supported configuration and then we will
support you."  I hope they aren't niave enough to think that 1. Oracle won't
say that. 2. They can brow beat the Support Tech/manager etc. into giving
them support anyway. 3. They won't ever have to call support.  Isn't their
data important to them?
Jim

0
kennedyii (135)
6/8/2008 4:34:33 PM
On 8 Giu, 18:34, "news.verizon.net" <kenned...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "marco" <mpu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> What is the "reasoning"? =A0(Is it some misguided conception that things w=
ill
> run faster?) =A0Oracle won't use the extra memory in the machine. =A0It ca=
n't
> address it. =A0If Oracle does not support the configuration what is the cl=
ient
> going to do when they call support and Oracle says "We don't support that
> combination. =A0Please install into a supported configuration and then we =
will
> support you." =A0I hope they aren't niave enough to think that 1. Oracle w=
on't
> say that. 2. They can brow beat the Support Tech/manager etc. into giving
> them support anyway. 3. They won't ever have to call support. =A0Isn't the=
ir
> data important to them?
> Jim

Firstly let me say that I totally agree with you Jim.
The reason for the requirement is that oracle will run in a cluster.
The application has been written for Oracle 9i.
In the same cluster will run another software that needs win 2003 64
bit, so the
solution, in my opinion could be to upgrade the application to 10 g or
to install
it in a different cluster.

But, as you can guess, both the solutions aren't up to me, as I act as
consultant, I only can
give advices, but cannot take decisions by myself.
M.

0
mputzu (5)
6/8/2008 5:12:00 PM
On 8 Giu, 18:34, "news.verizon.net" <kenned...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "marco" <mpu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> What is the "reasoning"? (Is it some misguided conception that things will
> run faster?) Oracle won't use the extra memory in the machine. It can't
> address it. If Oracle does not support the configuration what is the
> client
> going to do when they call support and Oracle says "We don't support that
> combination. Please install into a supported configuration and then we
> will
> support you." I hope they aren't niave enough to think that 1. Oracle
> won't
> say that. 2. They can brow beat the Support Tech/manager etc. into giving
> them support anyway. 3. They won't ever have to call support. Isn't their
> data important to them?
> Jim

Firstly let me say that I totally agree with you Jim.
The reason for the requirement is that oracle will run in a cluster.
The application has been written for Oracle 9i.
In the same cluster will run another software that needs win 2003 64
bit, so the
solution, in my opinion could be to upgrade the application to 10 g or
to install
it in a different cluster.

But, as you can guess, both the solutions aren't up to me, as I act as
consultant, I only can
give advices, but cannot take decisions by myself.
M.

Ironic.  So they want to run in a cluster presumably for High Availability
(good idea) but they want to use an unsupported configuration.  10G is not
the new kid on the block so any excuse that it is a first release product
won't wash.  One method we use in our group when stupid choice is being made
is to have the person making the choice do the following:
1. In front of the group while repeating the"sub-optimal"decision out loud
hold their right hand up.
2. Repeat the "sub-optimal" decision statement (and concequences) slowly,
loudly and one time for each finger on their right hand.
3. If they still agree to go forward then go forward.

It is amazing what it does.  (sounds stupid to do it, but it sounds even
stupider to say the "sub-optimal"decision out loud in front of everyone even
if they agree with the course of action.

I am going to guess here that it is an off the shelf application and that
the application's vendor is stating the Oracle version requirement.  (Could
be that the vendor hasn't upgraded their queries from rule based to cost
based and there isn't a rule based optimizer in 10G.  The queries would
probably run fine, but again it is a CYA move.)  If it is an application
vendor's requirement ot run Oracle 9 then I would point out there is an
implicit requirement to run Oracle on a supported platform.  The vendor
isn't going to support Oracle running on an unsupported configuration any
more than Oracle would.

It is possible that MS has improved the cluster capabilities in 2003.(and
you can't get the cluster stuff in plain 32 bit? seems odd, but I am not an
MS expert )   However the basic capabilities a few versions ago caused some
challenges with running an Oracle db.  The disk subsystem was shared between
the two machines.  If machine one got too busy and could not respond to the
heart beat then machine 2 took over the disks and chaos insued.  Oracle on
instance 1 would mark the files as needing recovery because something
"touched" the db files. (it didn't know instance on machine 2 was doing the
touching)  The other thing was if machine 1 rebooted then machine 2 would
take over and when machine 1 came on line again it would try to sieze the
disks and again chaos would ensue.  So the coordination was manual.  This
was on an older version of MS's software very pre 2003; so things may have
improved.

Why not go with RAC? (or data guard) I bet the vendor's application is not
certified for RAC.  RAC is a great amplifier of bad code.  So if the
application does not use bind variables etc.  RAC would only make it worse.

Jim

0
kennedyii (135)
6/8/2008 5:41:00 PM
On 8 Giu, 19:41, "gym dot scuba dot kennedy at gmail"
<kenned...@verizon.net> wrote:
> [...]

> the application's vendor is stating the Oracle version requirement. =A0(Co=
uld
> be that the vendor hasn't upgraded their queries from rule based to cost
> based and there isn't a rule based optimizer in 10G. =A0The queries would
> probably run fine, but again it is a CYA move.) =A0If it is an application=

> vendor's requirement ot run Oracle 9 then I would point out there is an
> implicit requirement to run Oracle on a supported platform. =A0The vendor
> isn't going to support Oracle running on an unsupported configuration any
> more than Oracle would.
>

> Why not go with RAC? (or data guard) I bet the vendor's application is not=

> certified for RAC. =A0RAC is a great amplifier of bad code. =A0So if the
> application does not use bind variables etc. =A0RAC would only make it wor=

Well,
probably I'm going OT, but the discussion seems interesting.
Let me explain a typical Italian scenario:

customer A needs two software, let's say software 1 and s/w 2, sold by
vendor 1 and vendor 2.
He don't know anything about hardware solutions, software
requirements,
compatible problems...he only know that he needs s/w 1 and 2.
He asks to its IT partner, company B, to provide an ALL IN ONE offer:
h/w, SAN (yes...SAN), s/w, Db server, installation, configuration,
training.

Well, company B contacts vendor 1 and 2 to have their requirements. In
this case these has been
Oracle 9i and windows 2003 server 64 bit (why?? I don't know!).

Company B does not have internally all skills required to install
hardware, SAN, Oracle, windows cluster and so on, so
contacts lots of external consultants that DO the jobs. I'm one of
these consultants.
Could you figure out how difficult is to manage situations like this?

I spent the last one hours and half at phone, trying to explain to
company A managers
that should be better to have a conference call tomorrow, with both
vendor 1 and vendor 2
to find a cross solution.

I didn't considered RAC mainly because I don't know the application
that will
run at all, so I cannot give advices in this direction. Of course I
agree with you
regarding all your considerations......

M.

0
mputzu (5)
<kenned...@verizon.net> wrote:
> [...]

this case these has been
Oracle 9i and windows 2003 server 64 bit (why?? I don't know!).

Company B does not have internally all skills required to install
hardware, SAN, Oracle, windows cluster and so on, so
contacts lots of external consultants that DO the jobs. I'm one of
these consultants.
Could you figure out how difficult is to manage situations like this?

I spent the last one hours and half at phone, trying to explain to
company A managers
that should be better to have a conference call tomorrow, with both
vendor 1 and vendor 2
to find a cross solution.

I didn't considered RAC mainly because I don't know the application
that will
run at all, so I cannot give advices in this direction. Of course I

I feel for you.  That is a tough one.  I worked for a company that did
electronic medical records in the mid 1990's.  Very few Doctor's offices had
networks.  They had billing machines, but no LAN.  We didn't sell hardware,
we didn't want to sell hardware.  Customers insisted on a turn key solution.
So we partnered with a large reputable large manufacture of computers and
medical equipment. (you can guess which one, people usually refer to them
with two letters.)  They are world wide, they have a reputation for high
quality machines and customer satisfaction.  In those days a 2 gig drive was
about $2,000.  Disk drive prices were falling fast.  This manufacurer had
purchased a lot of 2 gig drives and so their inventory for 2 gig drives was
priced at $2,000.  The Doctors wanted a turn key solution.  So we offered
one.  Of course, it included installing the network and all the machines and
service.  We were not making anything off the machines or the installation
or service.  We made sure the recommended machines would work with our
application and certified the whole thing.  Inevitable, the Dr.'s son in law
would say he could install the network and build machines cheaper than this
large manufacturer. (which was true if you ignore the quality isues and the
disk drive prices, new 2 gig disk drives were about $1,000 and the vendor's
were $2,000).  So the Dr. wanted the software discounted in order to compete
with the hardware price differential.  (The large manufacture did give our
customer's excellent service and excellent machines.  They were a good
partner.)

I am supporting a RAC cluster currently and it is a complex environment.  I
wouldn't suggest jumping into it blindly. (It doesn't sound like you would.)
I wish you the best of luck and hope that your professionalism is recognized
by the client.  I hope they listen to you, recognize your expertise and use
it to get the job done right. (trust you)  They will benefit in the long run
and that should benefit you in the long run also. (sanity,  money, and job
satisfaction)
Sincerely,
Jim

0
kennedyii (135)
6/8/2008 9:25:11 PM
marco wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been requested to install Oracle 9i R2 32bit on windows 2003
> server (enterprise) 64 bit running on a AMD architecture.
> Looking at compatibility matrix on metalink, it seems that this is not
> a supported  scenario.
> Moreover, the FAQs indicate that it is possible to run Oracle 9i 32bit
> on AMD 64 bit hardware running windows 2003 32 bit. Anyway, our client
> "needs" both windows 64b and oracle 9i.
> Now the question: has anyone ever installed and used the original
> requested configuration (like the subject of this post)??
> Suggestion??
>
> thank you very much in advance.
>
> M.

The question about the configuration is moot because the version (9i) is
desupported.  The one question you should have the company ask the 9i
vendor would be "Why are you still running on an unsupported version of
Oracle?"  Oracle  9i is in DESUPPORT therefore the vendors application
is completely unsupportable. Period.

Is the company you work for willing to pay extra $$$ to Oracle for
"extended" support - for which you will receive very little in return?
If not, is the vendor willing to pay for that extended support?  If not,
then they need to find another vendor.  The company I work for has
changed vendors mid-project because the third-party vendor could not
support 10g.

It is beyond me how companies allow their "COTS" package vendors assign
risk and sometimes being forced to spend unnecessary dollars to Oracle
for support to ensure the COTS vendor's package can run. This is insanity.

0
maustin (1437)
6/8/2008 10:54:09 PM
On 9 Giu, 00:54, Michael Austin <maus...@firstdbasource.com> wrote:
> marco wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> > I've been requested to install Oracle 9i R2 32bit on windows 2003
> > server (enterprise) 64 bit running on a AMD architecture.
> > Looking at compatibility matrix on metalink, it seems that this is not
> > a supported  scenario.
> > Moreover, the FAQs indicate that it is possible to run Oracle 9i 32bit
> > on AMD 64 bit hardware running windows 2003 32 bit. Anyway, our client
> > "needs" both windows 64b and oracle 9i.
> > Now the question: has anyone ever installed and used the original
> > requested configuration (like the subject of this post)??
> > Suggestion??
>
> > thank you very much in advance.
>
> > M.
>
> The question about the configuration is moot because the version (9i) is
> desupported.  The one question you should have the company ask the 9i
> vendor would be "Why are you still running on an unsupported version of
> Oracle?"  Oracle  9i is in DESUPPORT therefore the vendors application
> is completely unsupportable. Period.
>
> Is the company you work for willing to pay extra $$$ to Oracle for
> "extended" support - for which you will receive very little in return?
> If not, is the vendor willing to pay for that extended support?  If not,
> then they need to find another vendor.  The company I work for has
> changed vendors mid-project because the third-party vendor could not
> support 10g.
>
> It is beyond me how companies allow their "COTS" package vendors assign
> risk and sometimes being forced to spend unnecessary dollars to Oracle
> for support to ensure the COTS vendor's package can run. This is insanity.

I had the conference this morning.
They chosen to install windows 32bit just to use Oracle 9i.
Do you believe??

Well, all done, this week I'll install oracle and fail safe.

Do you think that they really understood the nightmare could happen
if something go wrong in the database?
I think they DO NOT!!

Anyway thank you very much Michael and Jim for your suggestions.

Regards
M.
0
mputzu (5)

oracle database 9.2.0.8 32bit and windows server 2003 64bit
Hello! What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit database? Any suggestion? Regards - MJ On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA thx. I will check Uzytkownik "sybrandb" <sybrandb@gmail.com> napisal w wiadomosci news:b5d54371-bf21-439b-85c3-ae21dafc21be@3g2000yqk.googlegroups.com... On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA On Apr 15, 5:16=A0am, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on &g...

massive performance drop Oracle 9i on multi processor system (Windows Server 2003, Oracle 9i, 9.2.0.6.0)
The performance of some complex PL/SQL functions has dropped dramatically since migrating from Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.0) on Windows Server 2000 to 9i (9.2.0.6.0) on Windows Server 2003. We found out, that Oracle 9i performance on a multi processor CPU machine (our server has 4 XEON CPUs, Hyperthreading is disabled in BIOS) is highly dependent on init.ora parameters; unfortunately our trial and error approach to find the proper settings (we searched Oracle Tech Net (OTN) and google groups without success) did not help so far. We are testing performance behaviour with some business critical PL/SQL procedures that do authorization calculations for our application. Simplified these functions do a lot of inserts, deletes and selects in/from tables (being used as temp tables in lack of in memory temp table support of oracle 9i). We can monitor the progress within the stored procedure by using UTL_FILE functions to write a log file into the file system of the server; we real time monitor the log file using "tail -f". <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); [...] When setting "CPU_COUNT = 1" in init.ora the function will typically run up to 10 seconds, when setting "CPU_COUNT = 4" it will take more than 2 minutes (!!!) We experimented with the following other parameters so far: db_writer_processes (set to 4 in combination with cpu_count = 4) fast_start_parall...

Oracle and Windows Server 2003
Does the Oracle work with Windows Server 2003 and .NET? I am trying to run an ASP.NET app and keep getting the error "System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL (OraOps9.dll)". The dll in in the Oracle bin directory and I have relaxed permissions for ASP.NET and IUSR_machinename. This worked fine on Windows XP. I have downloaded all the latest patches for the client. Am I trying to do the impossible? Do I have to revert to XP? TIA David "David Rose" <drose2929@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<bo9a8e$qlo$1@bob.news.rcn.net>... > Does the Oracle work with Windows Server 2003 and .NET? I am trying to run > an ASP.NET app and keep getting the error "System.DllNotFoundException: > Unable to load DLL (OraOps9.dll)". The dll in in the Oracle bin directory > and I have relaxed permissions for ASP.NET and IUSR_machinename. > > This worked fine on Windows XP. I have downloaded all the latest patches > for the client. Am I trying to do the impossible? Do I have to revert to > XP? > > TIA > > David There is a separate version of Oracle 9.2.0.1 for Winblows 2003. Which necessarily means that all the other versions are not guaranteed to work. You could easily have looked this up in the download section of any official Oracle site. Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA Sybrand, I got the client from: Oracle Software Downloads -> Database ->...

Oracle 817 on Windows 2003 Server?
Hello... Has anyone used 817 on Windows 2003 Server? Our instances are fairly plain and work fine on Win2k servers. Any issues? Thx, D. dsmcd <dsmcd@stopspamdormouse.net> wrote in news:wGrYb.115$ye6.29399 @news.uswest.net: > Has anyone used 817 on Windows 2003 Server? Our instances > are fairly plain and work fine on Win2k servers. Then keep it like that, 8.1.7 is not likely to be certified on Win2k3 - it is almost desupported. Sander Sander Goudswaard <sander@example.com> wrote: >dsmcd <dsmcd@stopspamdormouse.net> wrote in >news:wGrYb.115$ye6.29399 >@news.uswest.net: > >> Has anyone used 817 on Windows 2003 Server? Our >>instances >> are fairly plain and work fine on Win2k servers. > >Then keep it like that, 8.1.7 is not likely to be >certified on Win2k3 - it >is almost desupported. Sounds reasonable. Was hoping learn Win2k3, though. Such is life. Thx, D. dsmcd <dsmcd@stopspamdormouse.net> wrote in message news:<wGrYb.115$ye6.29399@news.uswest.net>... > Hello... > > Has anyone used 817 on Windows 2003 Server? Our instances > are fairly plain and work fine on Win2k servers. > > Any issues? > > Thx, > D. assuming that you are installing on a Pentium IV (Xeon MP) you'll need to apply the OUI patchset that works. Readme for bug number 1507768 A copy of OUI 1.7.1.10.0 is being provided to be used in a work around for installing on Pentium...

WINODS NT SERVER Oracle
I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, i.e., one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the workarounds. Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. Do same problem exist with pcAnywhere, VNC desktop, Citrix client. Thanks, Prem On 19 Feb 2004 18:38:10 -0800, premmehrotra@hotmail.com (Prem K Mehrotra) wrote: >I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing >the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service >Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, >i.e., >one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the >workarounds. Because Microsoft is Microsoft and Microsoft doesn't support the BEQ protocol used by Oracle for this purpose. The only lousy workaround is to use set local=<tns service name> prior to connecting to sql*plus in a cmd window. Also you can't use the lsnrctl program to start and stop the listener for the same reason. You need to bounce the service. > >Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console >wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. OEM? It works! Need to save the init.ora on the Oracle Enterprise Management Server, using OEM, but that is about there is. Or dump Microsux T...

Help! ORA-01036 / Oracle 9ir2 / Oracle HTTP server / mod_plsql
Using mod_plsql in a 9ias / 9iR2 environment on Solaris 9 Packaged procedure has folliwng args: procedure freedb (p_web_site_id in number, p_candidate_id in number default null, p_completed_flag in varchar2 default null, p_section_id in number, p_next_section_id in number default null, p_form_id in number default null, p_web_page_id in number default null, p_sequential in varchar2 default 'N', p_ccp_path in varchar2 default null, p_id1 in number default null, p_id2 in number default null, p_id3 in number default null, p_id4 in number default null, .. .. p_id99 in number default null, p_id100 in number default null, p_1 in chararray, p_2 in chararray, p_3 in chararray, p_4 in chararray, .. .. p_99 in chararray, p_100 in chararray); The dots you'll have realised just to reomve the entiores 5-98 incl. The tytpe chararray is defined as : type chararray is table of var...

Running Oracle 8.1.x and Oracle 9i on same Windows 2000 Server
I'm attempting to run an Oracle 8.1.7 database and and Oracle 9i database on the same Windows 2000 Server. Before doing this has anyone ran this configuration and are there any things I must watch out for prior to installing the Oracle 9i software? Thanks for the assistance. David David wrote: > I'm attempting to run an Oracle 8.1.7 database and and Oracle 9i database > on the same Windows 2000 Server. > > Before doing this has anyone ran this configuration and are there any > things I must watch out for prior to installing the Oracle 9i software? > > Thanks for the assistance. > David Environment variables Multiple Oracle Homes Lack of resources It can be done. Many have done it. It still isn't a good idea if it can be avoided. And please, in the future, do NOT cross-post. -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) ...

Download Oracle 9.2 for windows 2003 server
Hi, Where can I download Oracle9.2 for windows 2003 server? On Oracle technet site there are 2 versions 32 bit and 64 bit. I think 64bit is for Itanium based server and 32 bit for other servers. But the download for 32 bit gives you 9.2.0.3 patch only and requires 9.2.0.1 and I am not able to find it there. Please help it is urgent. We use HP-UX and have software CDs for that. Thanks nhk wrote: > Hi, > > Where can I download Oracle9.2 for windows 2003 server? On Oracle > technet site there are 2 versions 32 bit and 64 bit. I think 64bit is > for Itanium based server and 32 bit for other servers. But the download > for 32 bit gives you 9.2.0.3 patch only and requires 9.2.0.1 and I am > not able to find it there. > Please help it is urgent. > We use HP-UX and have software CDs for that. > > Thanks Why 9.2.0.3? At the bare minimum 9.2.0.6. -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org I want 9.2.0.1 (oracle 9i) but the link gives only the patch for 9.2.0.3 when you unzip it. Thanks DA Morgan wrote: > nhk wrote: > > Hi, > > > > Where can I download Oracle9.2 for windows 2003 server? On Oracle > > technet site there are 2 versions 32 bit and 64 bit. I think 64bit is > > for Itanium based server and 32 bit for other servers. But the download > > for 32 bit gives you 9.2.0.3 patch only and requires 9.2....

oracle 10g RAC installation on windows 2003 server
hi all i tried to install oracle 10g RAC in Windows 2003 server Enterprise Edition as per the document given in oracle site,but i get OUI- 25031 at the "configuration Assistants" page while installing CRS(Cluster Ready server) My Configuration: Servers : HP DL380 - 2 Nos Clustered OS on Both Nodes NODE 1:Primary Server ---------------------------------- Host Name: xxxxxa Domain Name:abc.local Public IP: 192.168.6.21 Public IP Name : xxxxxa.abc.local PrivateIP:10.0.0.1 Private IP Name: xxxxxa-priv Virtual IP:192.168.6.15 Virtual IP Name: xxxxxa-vip.abc.local Node 2 Secondary server ------------------------------------ Host Name: xxxxxb Domain Name:abc.local Public IP: 192.168.6.22 Public IP Name : xxxxxb.abc.local PrivateIP:10.0.0.2 Private IP Name: xxxxxb-priv Virtual IP:192.168.6.16 Virtual IP Name: xxxxxb-vip.abc.local User for Both Nodes is Administrator OS:Windows 2003 server Enterprise Edition Oracle : Oracle 10g Release 2 (10.2) for Microsoft Windows (32-Bit) Physical RAM:6GB Paging File:Min -6GB Max-12GB Local Hard Disk(On Both Nodes):E:\ -50GB Common Storage - 1 TB(EMC Storage) Disabled write Cache on both nodes Automount enabled on both nodes Configured Priv ip of both nodes on both nodes in //system32/drivers/etc/hosts Configured Public and Virtual IP in DNS error while 1) cluster configuratin storage "Thrown when the ip address of the host cannot be determined" - Retry 2)Configuration Assistants OUI -25031 Some of the configuration assis...

SqlSpec

Sun Java Sytem Web Server 7 on Windows Server 2003 64Bit Installation
Hi everyone! sorry - this is kind of off-topic but i really need your help! I want to install the Java System Web Server 7 on a Windows Server 2003 AMD64 Machine. But the installation quits during the configuration process throwing following exception: WARNING: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sun\WebServer7\lib\dllutil.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sun\WebServer7\lib\dllutil.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method) at java....

Oracle 10 g installation problem on windows 2003 server
Hi, 1. I have made a download from the oracle.com homepage for "oracle db 10g release 1 (10.1.0.2) enterprise standard personal edition for ms windows 32bit". When I let the setup run I get allways the following error messsage - "OCR could not be initialized". What could I do to sucessfully install this oracle version for testing on a machine. I heard also there exist a patch#3555863for that problem but I have no access to metalink. Where can I get that patch? What is the smallest oracle full feature 10 g version (with server and some (5) client licenses). I want to make a test installation. I want to buy one. Who knows a price and where I can order it. When I buy such a version have I than also metalink web access? Or can I get on an other way access to metalink? Thanks! F. Mobile wrote: > What is the smallest oracle full feature 10 g version (with server and some > (5) client licenses). > I want to make a test installation. > I want to buy one. Who knows a price and where I can order it. > When I buy such a version have I than also metalink web access? Or can I get > on an other way access to metalink? > > Thanks! Size difference will be small enough to be irrelevant. Then get it for free by download. http://store.oracle.com But I would think phoning your Oracle sales rep would make a lot of sense. -- Daniel A. Morgan http://www.psoug.org damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) On Wed, 2...

Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows 2003 Cluster Server???
Is it worth looking into putting Oracle 8.1.7 on a Win2k3 cluster. Only Oracle 9.2.0 is certified on a W2k3 cluster, but applications (support contracts) prevent us from upgrading to Oracle 9. Experience anyone? On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:55:37 +0200, rbs <r_boumannl@yahoo.com> wrote: >Is it worth looking into putting Oracle 8.1.7 on a Win2k3 >cluster. >Only Oracle 9.2.0 is certified on a W2k3 cluster, but applications >(support contracts) prevent us from upgrading to Oracle 9. > >Experience anyone? Oracle 8.1.7 will evidently not be certified against winblows 2003. This means, if anything happens, you are on your own and support won't help you. As you can't upgrade to 9.2.0, you are stuck with win2k. Anything else will probably end up in a career limiting move. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA ...

Oracle 8i and 9i Database concurrently on Windows 2000 Server
I am trying to install Oracle 8i and 9i Database server on same machine , but I am getting getting various errors.. I cannot start TNSListener servive of both 8i and 9i simultaneously. If i try to login to 8i Database using scott / tiger or try to create a database , I get "Tns protocol error". Cannot complete Net8 configuration and Database configuration while installing 8i Database server. Please help me for same as i tried installing 8i for many times. I have kept different home names for both 8i and 9i. Forms 6i and D2k 4.5 is already installed on the M/c. Is there any sequence for these installations. "Mayura" <mayura.jadhav@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1140675978.019512.31510@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I am trying to install Oracle 8i and 9i Database server on same machine > , but I am getting getting various errors.. > > I cannot start TNSListener servive of both 8i and 9i simultaneously. > If i try to login to 8i Database using scott / tiger or try to create a > database , I get "Tns protocol error". Check MetaLink Note 306905.1. Regards, Dimitre Mayura wrote: > I am trying to install Oracle 8i and 9i Database server on same machine > , but I am getting getting various errors.. > > I cannot start TNSListener servive of both 8i and 9i simultaneously. > If i try to login to 8i Database using scott / tiger or try to create a > database , I get "Tns protocol erro...

Server to server = Server client to server?
For a server to server connection, is the connecting server considered as a client of the accepting server or is it not? I have the following classes: Connection <--- base class of the following two ClientConnection <--- client ServerConnection <--- server ServerClientConnection <--- server as a client of another server. But then I came across something that states "A client is anything connected to a server that is not another client". Comments please... Just remember! Server ( programm ) is always listening a connections!!! - wrote: &g...

installing Oracle 10g on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise problem. Help !
when i tried to install Oracle 10g (Standard) onto Win Server 2003 at the end of instlalation i got following errors: "DIM-00019: create service error. O/S-Error: (OS 1388) A new member could not be added to a local group because the member has the wrong account type." i click on ok and then i got: "ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error" i click on ignore and i got again: "ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error" i click on ignore and at the end i got: "Enterprise manager configuration failed due to the following error- 'job_queue_processes' must be greater than or equal to 1. Fix the error(s) and run EM Configuration Assistant againt in standalone mode. You can retry configuring this database with Enterprise manager later by manually running d:\oracle\product\10.1.0\Db_1\bin\emca script." I was logged as Administrator into Win Server 2003. What is the problem and how to solve it ? Thanks to all ! Nino -- 31.1.2005 20:04:52 Nino wrote: > when i tried to install Oracle 10g (Standard) onto Win Server 2003 at the > end of instlalation i got following errors: > > "DIM-00019: create service error. > O/S-Error: (OS 1388) A new member could not be added to a local group > because the member has the wrong account type." > > i click on ok and then i got: > > "ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error" > > i click on ignore and i got again: > > "ORA-12...

Oracle databases on a server

Oracle server Upgrade from 9.0 to 9.2 on Windows 2003
Hi All, I am trying to upgrade an Oracle server running 9.0 on Win 2003. I do not want to keep 2 Oracle Homes for 9.0 and 9.2. I would rather uninstall 9.0 using oui. I will import the data from production database from export files. What will be my best (easy, hassle free) course of action: 1. Shutdown the current 9.0 instance 2. Drop the current 9.0 db 3. Uninstall the current 9.0 executibls using oui 4. Install the 9.2 executibles 5. Create new db instance 6. Import the data from export files Is this a good idea? Or should I have 2 Oracle Homes by installing 9.2 and upgrade the 9.0 db using dbua? Only problem is I cant find the dbua in the current 9.0 setup. Your advice / experience / feedback will really appreciated. Thanx in advance. Personally, I'd install 9.2 in a second Oracle Home and then upgrade the database. Once it is all done, feel free to remove the 9.0 software in that home. You'll use the DBUA in the 9.2 home, not the 9.0 one! HTH, Brian Wade Chy wrote: > > Hi All, > I am trying to upgrade an Oracle server running 9.0 on Win 2003. I do > not want to keep 2 Oracle Homes for 9.0 and 9.2. I would rather > uninstall 9.0 using oui. I will import the data from production > database from export files. What will be my best (easy, hassle free) > course of action: > > 1. Shutdown the current 9.0 instance > 2. Drop the current 9.0 db > 3. Uninstall the current 9.0 executibls using oui > 4. Install the 9.2 executibles &...

Web resources about - Oracle 9iR2 32bit on windows 2003 server 64bit - comp.databases.oracle.server

The Windows Blog

Microsoft Extends Skylake Support On Windows 7 And Windows 8.1
... As part of the announcement, going forward, the latest processors and chipsets would only be supported on the current version of Windows. As ...

Edge browser now has extensions in the latest Windows 10 preview
... Right now, installing extensions is rather clunky—when this is feature is released to end users, extensions will be included in the Windows ...

OS X and Linux threaten Windows' dominance in developer market
OS X and Linux are nowhere near as popular as Windows when we look at the PC market as a whole, but the two platforms are actually extremely ...

Microsoft is trying to change Windows software forever — here’s why it’ll be a tough fight
One of Satya Nadella's biggest initiatives is also his riskiest: The Universal Windows Platform, or UWP , a new way for Microsoft developers ...

Xbox One will run Windows 10 apps starting this summer
The Xbox Store and the Windows Store will also be merged as Microsoft tries to rev up demand for both Windows 10 and the Xbox One.

The 10 Windows group policy settings you need to get right
One of the most common methods to configure an office full of Microsoft Windows computers is with group policy. For the most part, group policies ...

Microsoft Begins Windows 10 Rollout for Windows Phone 8.1
Many, but not all, owners of older Windows smartphones can finally upgrade their handsets.