oracle application server #3

Hallo all

Excuse my english, I cannot speak english very well.  I am searching
for information about clustering architecture in an Oracle application
server.  Would you happen to know of any good books about it?

Thanks in advance,
Szymon

krzyzok wrote:
> Hallo all
>
> Excuse my english, I cannot speak english very well.  I am searching
> for information about clustering architecture in an Oracle application
> server.  Would you happen to know of any good books about it?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Szymon

Best place to look for guidance is http://otn.oracle.com
Click on Forums
Click on Fusion Middleware

I wish my English was as good as yours. You've nothing to apologize for.
--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
krzyzok wrote:
> Hallo all
>
> Excuse my english, I cannot speak english very well.  I am searching
> for information about clustering architecture in an Oracle application
> server.  Would you happen to know of any good books about it?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Szymon

Szymon,

All information is available from http://tahiti.oracle.com.
Pick the application server version you have (or are planning
to install), and take a look at the Concepts, Best Practices
and Enterprise Deployment Guide.
Especially the last one contains information for large (often:
clustered) installs. For 10.1.2, the link to the Enterprise
Deployment Guide is:
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14099_19/core.1012/b13998/toc.htm

Good luck!
--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...
On 27 Lis, 20:35, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> krzyzokwrote:
> > Hallo all
>
> > Excuse my english, I cannot speak english very well.  I am searching
> > for information about clustering architecture in an Oracle application
> > server.  Would you happen to know of any good books about it?
>
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Szymon
>
> Szymon,
>
> All information is available fromhttp://tahiti.oracle.com.
> Pick the application server version you have (or are planning
> to install), and take a look at the Concepts, Best Practices
> and Enterprise Deployment Guide.
> Especially the last one contains information for large (often:
> clustered) installs. For 10.1.2, the link to the Enterprise
> Deployment Guide is:http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14099_19/core.1012/b13998/to...
>
> Good luck!
> --
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel
>
> Top-posting is one way to shut me up...

Thanks for the answer.

Szymon Krzyzok

SSL with Oracle 7.3.4 and Oracle Application Server OAS 3.0
Hello, I want to have SSL with my Oracle-Web-Server. It's an very old Version (OAS 3.0) I have configured SSL exactly - read in the documentation. But it doesn't work ! Is it possible to upgrade the OAS 3.0 up to a newer one ? That could be a solution. I hope, someone can help me. The problem is, that we need https-connects on the website. Thanks first ! Joerg Mueller wrote: > Hello, > I want to have SSL with my Oracle-Web-Server. It's an very old Version (OAS > 3.0) > I have configured SSL exactly - read in the documentation. > But it doesn't work ! > > Is it possible to upgrade the OAS 3.0 up to a newer one ? > That could be a solution. > > I hope, someone can help me. The problem is, that we need https-connects on > the website. > Thanks first ! > > Of course, mentioning the full error(s) would help, as well as Operating System and other details... If that would not be asked too much... Pretty Please? -- Regards, Frank van Bortel Top-posting is one way to shut me up... Here are the details: OS is Solaris 2.6 on a SUN Ultra 10 I have done the setup as written in the following page: http://isis.sra.com/ows-adoc/docs/security/wassecur.htm Here klick: "Setting Up Your Web Application Server to Use SSL" Is there a chance to get SSL with Oracle 7.3.4 and OAS 3.0 ? Or can I upgrade the OAS only ? But which version is running good ? The problem is, that we absolutely need SSL Here...

oracle application server, ibm websphere, sun application server �T�̥i���i�H�@�Ӥ���O?

Oracle Application Server Internal Server Error
Hello, We are using OAS 9.0.4.1 run on AIX 5.3 with an Oracle 10.1.0.2 DB back end running on a seperate partition of the machine. The main application is developed in house on forms6 and migrated to forms9 a couple of years ago when we moved to AIX. Since the move we get an "Internal Server Error", in the web browser, occuring randomly when users try to login to the application. Through some investigation it appears as though the OC4J_BI_Forms service becomes unresponsive for a short period of time causing the web server request to time out. Users who are logged into the system can still work but no new users can get in. Has anybody else experienced this problem? Anybody got any ideas where to start looking? We have a TAR logged with Oracle but as usual they've said that they won't help us until we go to 9.0.4.3. Which we haven't been able to do as the patching process keeps failing. Any help would be appreciated. gnscon@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > We are using OAS 9.0.4.1 run on AIX 5.3 with an Oracle 10.1.0.2 DB > back end running on a seperate partition of the machine. The main > application is developed in house on forms6 and migrated to forms9 a > couple of years ago when we moved to AIX. Since the move we get an > "Internal Server Error", in the web browser, occuring randomly when > users try to login to the application. > > Through some investigation it appears as though the OC4J_BI_Forms > ser...

oracle 9i database on a aix 4.3.3 server trying to use a 32 bit compiler- error ksms.imp
We are trying to get a new setup to work. We have an Oracle 9.2.0.4 database on AIX 4.3.3. This database is using the 64 bit kernel extension. We have installed Server Express 2.1 for 4.3.3 (MF cobol compiler) which is a 32 bit app. We tried to edit the makefile used for AIX 4.3.3, MF cobol compiler OCDS, Oracle database 8.1.6. We learned about needing to relink rstora32, and the procob32� that has been done. We changed out markefile to point to all the 9i oracle 32 bit directories. We are note experienced with makefiles and not sure our makefile is ok. We are now having problems with the 32 bit version of ksms.imp. At first the file was empty. To resolve that problem we: Generated the ksms.imp as follows.. @ORACLE_HOME/bin/genksms > $ORACLE_HOME/lib32/ksms.imp and relinked the "genksms" binary: make �f $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib32/ins_rdbms.mk $ORACLE_HOME/bin/genksms Do you know if we built this correctly? We do not seem to be able to compile without using the variable ...please note the error with the variable for ksms.imp and without that variable�. I hve included the makefile below Thanks 1. Problem when makefile has commented out line #LIMPEXP=$(LIBHOME)/ksms.imp This error is received for every line of code ld: 0711-418 ERROR: Import or export file /u00/app/oracle/product/9.2.0/lib32/ks ms.imp at line 4219: A symbol name may only be followed by an export attribute or an address. The line is being ignore...

WINODS NT SERVER Oracle
I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, i.e., one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the workarounds. Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. Do same problem exist with pcAnywhere, VNC desktop, Citrix client. Thanks, Prem On 19 Feb 2004 18:38:10 -0800, premmehrotra@hotmail.com (Prem K Mehrotra) wrote: >I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing >the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service >Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, >i.e., >one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the >workarounds. Because Microsoft is Microsoft and Microsoft doesn't support the BEQ protocol used by Oracle for this purpose. The only lousy workaround is to use set local=<tns service name> prior to connecting to sql*plus in a cmd window. Also you can't use the lsnrctl program to start and stop the listener for the same reason. You need to bounce the service. > >Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console >wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. OEM? It works! Need to save the init.ora on the Oracle Enterprise Management Server, using OEM, but that is about there is. Or dump Microsux T...

SqlSpec

oracle application server 10.1.3 redirect problem
Hello! I have redirection like this : Redirect / www.test.com/iii/test/iii.jspx So every one how enter the page : www.test.com automaticly will be redirect to www.test.com/iii/test/iii.jspx but if i add second redirect like : Redirect /test www.test.com/warning.html second redirect wont work. I trying to create second redirect, second redirect will go to DocumentRoot folder (htdocs) and get warning.html but nothing happen but when i disabel first redirect / everything ok.. need help how to resole that problem Reagards -MJ aaaa schreef: > Hello! > > I have redirection like this : > > Redirect / www.test.com/iii/test/iii.jspx > > So every one how enter the page : www.test.com automaticly will be redirect > to www.test.com/iii/test/iii.jspx > but if i add second redirect like : > > Redirect /test www.test.com/warning.html > > second redirect wont work. I trying to create second redirect, second > redirect will go to DocumentRoot folder (htdocs) and get warning.html but > nothing happen but when i disabel first redirect / everything ok.. > > need help how to resole that problem > > Reagards -MJ > > Did you put the redirects in the right order? /test must be BEFORE / Shakespeare ...

why do we need to shutdown database or application server to backup Oracle Home?
Dear Group, We are using Oracle 10g on Linux. While it is easy to understand we need to shutdown database to backup database files, I do not quite understand why do we need to shutdown database or oracle application server to backup Oracle Homes. It is my understanding that oracle processes will only read those files inside the Oracle home, but not writing to them, except log files. Any explanations will be highly appreciated. Thanks On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 17:52:16 -0700, cs3526 wrote: > While it is easy to understand we need to shutdown database to backup > database files, Reading books and manuals can sometimes be beneficial. -- Mladen Gogala http://mgogala.freehostia.com cs3526@yahoo.com wrote: > While it is easy to understand we need to shutdown database to backup > database files, I do not quite understand why do we need to shutdown > database or oracle application server to backup Oracle Homes. According to Tom Kyte, thou shalt not schedule unattended shutdowns. C. On 14 mar, 01:52, cs3...@yahoo.com wrote: > Dear Group, > > We are using Oracle 10g on Linux. > > While it is easy to understand we need to shutdown database to backup > database files, I do not quite understand why do we need to shutdown > database or oracle application server to backup Oracle Homes. > > It is my understanding that oracle processes will only read those > files inside the Oracle home, but not writing to them, except log > files. >...

Server to server = Server client to server?
For a server to server connection, is the connecting server considered as a client of the accepting server or is it not? I have the following classes: Connection <--- base class of the following two ClientConnection <--- client ServerConnection <--- server ServerClientConnection <--- server as a client of another server. But then I came across something that states "A client is anything connected to a server that is not another client". Comments please... Just remember! Server ( programm ) is always listening a connections!!! - wrote: &g...

Question about Oracle Developer Application and Application Server
Hi All, I am new to Oracle Internet Developer Suite 10g application development and deployment. Could any body here please kindly explain me about these basic question : 1) If I deploy Oracle Form & Report as client server application, Not Web deployment, do I need to purchase Oracle App Server (IAS) ? If YES, what is the difference if I use or don't use Oracle IAS for deployment of Form and Report ? 2) Can I purchase Oracle Form & Report separately ? (not the whole developer suite) Thank you, xtanto Krist wrote: > Hi All, > > I am new to Oracle Internet Developer Suite 10g application > development and deployment. > Could any body here please kindly explain me about these basic > question : > > 1) If I deploy Oracle Form & Report as client server application, Not > Web deployment, do I need to purchase Oracle App Server (IAS) ? > If YES, what is the difference if I use or don't use Oracle IAS for > deployment of Form and Report ? > > 2) Can I purchase Oracle Form & Report separately ? (not the whole > developer suite) > > Thank you, > xtanto 1. Not deployable in client/server mode except through use of undocumented means. If you want client/server get 6i. 2. No. -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with 'u' to respond) Hi Daniel, Thank you for your reply. About Oracle Form and IAS : > 1. Not deployable in client/server mo...

Oracle databases on a server

How to configure application server to connect to a two-node oracle RAC database
We have a java based application which will access the two node RAC database via the Orion Application Server. What should be done so that the Orion Application Server uses both the nodes to make connections? Right now the orion application server accesses the RAC database via the jdbc thin client where you have to specify the ip address of the database server and the listerner port and the instance name. If I do it this way then the application server just connects to the particular instance that I give it. Thanks Can you use the OCI driver? Regards, Steve I can use the OCI driver if it serves the purpose. Could you elaborate a bit more on how to configure it and where to do it? Thanks, Utpal The OCI driver uses the Oracle network configuration file (tnsnames.ora) on the client (application server, in this case) for connectivity definitions. This is where you can configure load balancing and failover options. An example is below... YOUR_DB_NAME = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = vip-node1)(PORT = 2484)) (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = vip-node2)(PORT = 2484)) (LOAD_BALANCE = yes) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = your_service_name) (FAILOVER_MODE = (TYPE = SELECT) (METHOD = BASIC) (RETRIES = 90) (DELAY = 5) ) ) ) Read up on the docs at tahiti.oracle.com, as they go into great detail as to the different configuration options. Regards, Steve ...

Oracle Application Server
Hello All, I have just installed Oracle 9I database on my computer. Should I now install the Oracle Application Server? What does it do? Thanks siu02rk wrote: > > Hello All, > > I have just installed Oracle 9I database on my computer. Should I now > install the Oracle Application Server? What does it do? > > Thanks If you think of Oracle9i Database as the 'Content Management' piece, you could consider Oracle9i Application Server as the 'Content Access' piece. And Oracle9i Developer Suit4e as 'Content Control' Best to review http://otn.oracle.com to get some details about App. Server as it's a fairly big beast. A decent overview is available at http://www.oracle.com/appserver/index.html?pkgsum.html And, of course, your licensing situation overrides all! App Server is not included as part of the database license. "siu02rk" <siu02rk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:823c05f1.0311271401.52ff6c48@posting.google.com... > Hello All, > > I have just installed Oracle 9I database on my computer. Should I now > install the Oracle Application Server? What does it do? > > Thanks 9i Application Server gives you web-based access to the data you're about to store in the 9i Database. If you need to ask the question, then I think the answer for now at least is "no you shouldn't". It's a completely different beast from the database, with immense complexities of its ow...

what protocol between: jinitiator 1.3.1.17 and oracle application server ???
Hello, Can somebody tell me what communication protocol is used between: jinitiator 1.3.1.17 as a client and oracle application server. I have system with Oracle DB and app server and jinitiator on client side. I have to "record" communication in order to do efficiency tests. regards OJ IIOP ? "OJ32" <okwieka@op.pl> wrote in message news:735e6b36.0407190428.2f231802@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > Can somebody tell me what communication protocol is used between: > jinitiator 1.3.1.17 as a client > and oracle application server. > > I have system with Oracle DB and app server and jinitiator on client side. > I have to "record" communication in order to do efficiency tests. > > regards > OJ OJ32 wrote: > Hello, > > Can somebody tell me what communication protocol is used between: > jinitiator 1.3.1.17 as a client > and oracle application server. > > I have system with Oracle DB and app server and jinitiator on client side. > I have to "record" communication in order to do efficiency tests. > > regards > OJ http OJ32 wrote: > > Hello, > > Can somebody tell me what communication protocol is used between: > jinitiator 1.3.1.17 as a client > and oracle application server. > > I have system with Oracle DB and app server and jinitiator on client side. > I have to "record" communication in order to do efficiency test...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #3
In a message dated 7/8/03 5:23:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time, pete@bookware3000.ca writes: > It's not MS SQL or Oracle but for what it's worth, we once had a Cobol > program > accessing a PostgreSQL database that resided on a Linux server by using the > C > libraries included with Mark Bixby's PostgreSQL port. > I for one would absolutely love to see an example of that! Sometime soon (?) I hope to be able to finally spend some time working with PostgreSQL on MPE and/or Linux. Having a known working example of how to access it via COBOL is a great ...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #3
Paul, if nothing else helps, you could use Java and JDBC with the JDBC driver of the respective target database. A small example showing access to an Image/SQL database can be found on the following web page (and can be adjusted to use an MSSQL or Oracle JDBC driver and database URL/logon fairly easily)... http://www.editcorp.com/Personal/Lars_Appel/JavaDemo/ -> JdbcProgram Calling Java from COBOL as a subprogram, however, is probably not the way that I would go, if exploring this road. I would probably let a program similar to the above run as a "gateway" in a sep...

Know about MSSQL servers oracle server??
MSSQL servers are among the most commonly used servers. But we also know that MSSQL server security is a critical concern for most of the database administrators. This task will become handy with the help of Secure Auditor which is a unified digital risk management solution capable of auditing, enforce compliance, and conduct forensics and penetration tests on the networks. Try its full version from the link http://www.download.com/Secure-Auditor/3000-2653-10826743.html?part=dl-SecureAud&subj=uo&tag=button and do tell me your opinion. alene wrote: > MSSQL servers are among the most commonly used servers. But we also > know that MSSQL server security is a critical concern for most of the > database administrators. This task will become handy with the help of > Secure Auditor which is a unified digital risk management solution > capable of auditing, enforce compliance, and conduct forensics and > penetration tests on the networks. Try its full version from the link > http://www.download.com/Secure-Auditor/3000-2653-10826743.html?part=dl-SecureAud&subj=uo&tag=button > and do tell me your opinion. Ok. My opinion is that you are a spammer. A rude person that insults us while asking us to be a customer. That is a losing proposition as we will never do business with a spammer. And every post you write in violation of your GMAIL Terms of Service Agreement will be sent to abuse@gmail.com until such time as they kill your account. -- Daniel...

How to connect from web server to Oracle server?
I am converting an applet from Sybase to Oracle and I haven't yet found information on how to accomplish the connect from the end-user's browser-running applet and the Oracle server. Our understanding is that the applet, running on end-users' PC's, can only connect to the web server which "served" the applet to the users' browsers. In our configuration, the Oracle server is a separate machine from the web server. Therefore it would appear that we will need to install some sort of middleware on the web server that will pass the Oracle traffic back and forth between the Oracle server and user's browser sessions. With the Sybase implementation we have been using the Sybase jConnect product, running on our web server, for this purpose. Will we also require such a middleware product with Oracle, and does Oracle offer such a product? Jim wrote: > I am converting an applet from Sybase to Oracle and I haven't yet > found information on how to accomplish the connect from the end-user's > browser-running applet and the Oracle server. > > Our understanding is that the applet, running on end-users' PC's, can > only connect to the web server which "served" the applet to the > users' browsers. > > In our configuration, the Oracle server is a separate machine from the > web server. Therefore it would appear that we will need to install > some sort of middleware on the web server that ...

Web resources about - oracle application server #3 - comp.databases.oracle.server

Patent application could see the Apple Watch calling 911 when it detects a heart-attack
A patent application describes how the Apple Watch and iPhone could work together to detect medical emergencies like a heart attack, and automatically ...

Donald Trump is causing a spike in naturalization applications among Latino immigrants
... report published today in the New York Times, Donald Trump’s overtly racist rhetoric against Latinos has led to a spike in naturalization applications ...

Google now accepting applications for open source Summer of Code 2016
... of selection. Our Student Manual provides lots of helpful advice to get you started on choosing an organization and crafting a great application". ...

Introducing Analytics for Google Cast Applications
... Engineer on the Google Cast Server Infrastructure Team As a Google Cast developer, you may be wondering how many devices access your application, ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 33% YoY
From the MBA: Refinance Applications Continue to Drop in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 3.3 percent from one week ...

PDF: Application essays by CPD superintendent finalists
C2E2, meet Kristin Cavallari and 20+ other things to do this weekend Breaking News News Local news Breaking News PDF: Application essays by CPD ...

Mortgage applications eke out gain
A growing divide in the mortgage market has emerged between refinance applications and those needed to purchase a home.

IDG Contributor Network: GoDaddy goes cloud, and throws in applications for good measure
GoDaddy is a funny beast. On the one hand the hosting business is huge, boasting 14 million customers worldwide and managing over 60 million ...

Want To Fly A Passenger Jet? JetBlue Is Now Taking Applications From Novice Pilots
Tired of the daily grind, and yearning to spend your work hours among the clouds, using a public address system to tell people to sit back, relax, ...