Oracle database 11g

Hi,
I want to write oracle database 11g advanced pl/sql certification
(1z1-146).
Can anybody please tell me where will I get the materials? Or if
anybody has the ILT, could you please give me?

Dibyendu

c.dibyendu@gmail.com wrote,on my timestamp of 18/08/2008 8:21 PM:
> Hi,
> I want to write oracle database 11g advanced pl/sql certification
> (1z1-146).
> Can anybody please tell me where will I get the materials? Or if
> anybody has the ILT, could you please give me?

Pen and paper?
0
wizofoz2k (1386)
8/18/2008 11:09:34 AM
On 18 ago, 13:09, Noons <wizofo...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> c.dibye...@gmail.com wrote,on my timestamp of 18/08/2008 8:21 PM:
>
> > Hi,
> > I want to write oracle database 11g advanced pl/sql certification
> > (1z1-146).
> > Can anybody please tell me where will I get the materials? Or if
> > anybody has the ILT, could you please give me?
>
> Pen and paper?

Oh c'mon Noons! This is XXI century:

computer+text processor+printer

;-)

Cheers.

Carlos.
On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 05:47:16 -0700 (PDT), Carlos
<miotromailcarlos@netscape.net> wrote:

>On 18 ago, 13:09, Noons <wizofo...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>> c.dibye...@gmail.com wrote,on my timestamp of 18/08/2008 8:21 PM:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> > I want to write oracle database 11g advanced pl/sql certification
>> > (1z1-146).
>> > Can anybody please tell me where will I get the materials? Or if
>> > anybody has the ILT, could you please give me?
>>
>> Pen and paper?
>
>Oh c'mon Noons! This is XXI century:
>
>computer+text processor+printer
>
>;-)
>
>Cheers.
>
>Carlos.

So any IBM PC with edlin and a daisy wheel printer should do ;)

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA
On Aug 18, 8:20=A0am, sybra...@hccnet.nl wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 05:47:16 -0700 (PDT), Carlos
>

> <miotromailcar...@netscape.net> wrote:

> >> Pen and paper?
>
> >Oh c'mon Noons! This is XXI century:
>
> >computer+text processor+printer
>
> >;-)
>
> >Cheers.
>
> >Carlos.
>
> So any IBM PC with edlin and a daisy wheel printer should do ;)
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA- Hide quoted text -

Boy, am I behind the times ... I was thinking an IBM Selectric and
carbon paper...     :D

David Fitzjarrell
0
fitzjarrell (2006)
8/18/2008 2:14:47 PM
Carlos wrote,on my timestamp of 18/08/2008 10:47 PM:
> On 18 ago, 13:09, Noons <wizofo...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>> c.dibye...@gmail.com wrote,on my timestamp of 18/08/2008 8:21 PM:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I want to write oracle database 11g advanced pl/sql certification
>>> (1z1-146).
>>> Can anybody please tell me where will I get the materials? Or if
>>> anybody has the ILT, could you please give me?
>> Pen and paper?
>
> Oh c'mon Noons! This is XXI century:
>
> computer+text processor+printer
>
> ;-)
>
> Cheers.
>
> Carlos.

vi or nothing!
0
wizofoz2k (1386)
8/18/2008 3:47:47 PM
Noons wrote:
> Carlos wrote,on my timestamp of 18/08/2008 10:47 PM:

>>> Pen and paper?
>>
>> Oh c'mon Noons! This is XXI century:
>>
>> computer+text processor+printer
>>
>> ;-)
>>
>> Cheers.
>>
>> Carlos.
>

> vi or nothing!

I've got some IBM 80 column punch cards if anyone wants to return to the
bronze age.
--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
On Aug 18, 2:18=A0pm, DA Morgan <damor...@psoug.org> wrote:
> Noons wrote:
> > Carlos wrote,on my timestamp of 18/08/2008 10:47 PM:

> >> Oh c'mon Noons! This is XXI century:
>
> >> computer+text processor+printer
>
> >> ;-)
>
> >> Cheers.
>
> >> Carlos.
>
> > vi or nothing!
>
> I've got some IBM 80 column punch cards if anyone wants to return to the
> bronze age.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
> University of Washington
> damor...@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)
> Puget Sound Oracle Users Groupwww.psoug.org- Hide quoted text -

Sorry, no, *real* geeks use paper tape and a Honeywell TTY with tape
reader/writer.

David Fitzjarrell
0
fitzjarrell (2006)
8/18/2008 7:53:25 PM
On 18.08.2008 21:18, DA Morgan wrote:
> Noons wrote:
>> Carlos wrote,on my timestamp of 18/08/2008 10:47 PM:

>>> Oh c'mon Noons! This is XXI century:
>>>
>>> computer+text processor+printer
>>>
>>> ;-)
>>>
>>> Cheers.
>>>
>>> Carlos.
>>

>> vi or nothing!
>
> I've got some IBM 80 column punch cards if anyone wants to return to the
> bronze age.

Reminds me of the times when my dad used to work in a computer center:
magnetic tapes whirring on the walls, punch card readers and writers,
kilometers of continuous form and these illuminated IBM buttons all over
the place.  I loved to visit him because they had these good smelling
markers which I was allowed to use on old printouts...

vi is a comparatively luxurious tool.

Cheers

	robert
0
shortcutter (5830)
8/18/2008 7:55:20 PM
fitzjarrell@cox.net wrote,on my timestamp of 19/08/2008 5:53 AM:
> On Aug 18, 2:18 pm, DA Morgan <damor...@psoug.org> wrote:
>> Noons wrote:
>>> vi or nothing!
>> I've got some IBM 80 column punch cards if anyone wants to return to the
>> bronze age.
>
> Sorry, no, *real* geeks use paper tape and a Honeywell TTY with tape
> reader/writer.

Absolutely! Punched cards are for sissies.
Ahhh, the smell of punched paper confetti
in the morning!...
0
wizofoz2k (1386)
8/18/2008 10:20:14 PM
Robert Klemme wrote:
> On 18.08.2008 21:18, DA Morgan wrote:
>> Noons wrote:

>>> vi or nothing!
>>
>> I've got some IBM 80 column punch cards if anyone wants to return to
>> the bronze age.
>
> Reminds me of the times when my dad used to work in a computer center:
> magnetic tapes whirring on the walls, punch card readers and writers,
> kilometers of continuous form and these illuminated IBM buttons all over
> the place.  I loved to visit him because they had these good smelling
> markers which I was allowed to use on old printouts...
>
> vi is a comparatively luxurious tool.

I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour
before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine
hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to
work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and
dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

Palooka
0
nobody (5159)
8/18/2008 11:26:57 PM
"fitzjarrell@cox.net" <oratune@msn.com> wrote in message
On Aug 18, 2:18 pm, DA Morgan <damor...@psoug.org> wrote:
> Noons wrote:
> > Carlos wrote,on my timestamp of 18/08/2008 10:47 PM:

> >> Oh c'mon Noons! This is XXI century:
>
> >> computer+text processor+printer
>
> >> ;-)
>
> >> Cheers.
>
> >> Carlos.
>
> > vi or nothing!
>
> I've got some IBM 80 column punch cards if anyone wants to return to the
> bronze age.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
> University of Washington
> damor...@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)
> Puget Sound Oracle Users Groupwww.psoug.org- Hide quoted text -

Sorry, no, *real* geeks use paper tape and a Honeywell TTY with tape
reader/writer.

David Fitzjarrell

Hey that was what I used on my first computer.  PDP-8i with 32K Core RAM
time share with 5 users.  2-> 300 baud acoustic coupled modems to another
school.  Honewell Teletype with yellow paper.  edlin for editing and Focal
for my first language.  Paper tape all the way, baby!

You could actually watch the register lights change on the front console.
To boot the machine you applied power.  Then you entered 12 pairs of binary
numbers on the toggles on the front panel.  This was the program to run the
High speed paper tape to load the operating system.  Things got really cool
when we got a couple fo monochrome CRT's!  Then we added a DEC tape unit.
Whoaw watch out!
Jim

0
kennedyii (135)
8/19/2008 1:22:34 AM
"Palooka" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Robert Klemme wrote:

>>> I've got some IBM 80 column punch cards if anyone wants to return to the
>>> bronze age.
>>
>> Reminds me of the times when my dad used to work in a computer center:
>> magnetic tapes whirring on the walls, punch card readers and writers,
>> kilometers of continuous form and these illuminated IBM buttons all over
>> the place.  I loved to visit him because they had these good smelling
>> markers which I was allowed to use on old printouts...
>>
>> vi is a comparatively luxurious tool.
>>
> I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before
> I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day
> down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we
> got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our
> graves singing Hallelujah.
>
> Palooka

The kids they just don't understand anymore....
Jim

0
kennedyii (135)
8/19/2008 1:23:27 AM
On 19 Aug, 00:26, Palooka <nob...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour
> before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine
> hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to
> work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and
> dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.
>
> Palooka

Pah!  Luxury!

-g
0
gareth2106 (865)
8/19/2008 9:54:05 AM
Mercury delay lines anyone ?
Palooka wrote,on my timestamp of 19/08/2008 9:26 AM:

> I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour
> before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine
> hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to
> work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and
> dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

what, no boilers to stuff with coke?
Sissy!....
0
wizofoz2k (1386)
8/19/2008 11:44:48 AM
Mark Townsend wrote,on my timestamp of 19/08/2008 8:33 PM:
> Mercury delay lines anyone ?

Oh far out!  You had to mention those?
Don't get me started on spring-driven
reverb lines...
0
wizofoz2k (1386)

Mastering Oracle Scheduler in Oracle 11g Databases
I am proud to be able to tell that finally my book "Mastering Oracle Scheduler in Oracle 11g Databases" is released. The book tries to fill the gap between the oracle manuals and the real world by providing real explanations and examples. see <http://www.packtpub.com/mastering-oracle-scheduler-in-oracle-11g- databases> for a detailed description of the book. Ronald. ...

Mastering Oracle Scheduler in Oracle 11g Databases
I am proud to be able to tell that finally my book "Mastering Oracle Scheduler in Oracle 11g Databases" is released. The book tries to fill the gap between the oracle manuals and the real world by providing real explanations and examples. see <http://www.packtpub.com/mastering-oracle-scheduler-in-oracle-11g- databases> for a detailed description of the book. Ronald. ...

Oracle databases on a server

SN#22938 Oracle Database 11g vs. Microsoft SQL Server 2008
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 145 Issue 5 2010-04-01 Article 22938 from section "Oracle" An Edison Group Comparative Management Costs Study An Edison Group report offers a comparative management costs study revealing how the Oracle Database widens the manageability lead over Microsoft SQL Server 2008. The study shows how Oracle Database 11g can save 43% in time and 41% in database management costs over Microsoft SQL Server 2008. Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?A=22938 Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users&#...

Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle
Hi, I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle. - Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file? - In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert , insert ...), so you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql <file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there is a infdump direcorty) - Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a database from infomix to oracle? Best Regards Sven Anders, Digitec GmbH Sven Anders wrote: > Hi, > I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, > but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle. > > - Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file? > > - In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole > database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert , > insert ...), so > you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql > <file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there > is a > infdump direcorty) dbexport > - Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a database from > infomix to oracle? dbexport? -- Ciao, The Obnoxious One "Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi ...

Add database to existing oracle database
Hi experts, I am new in oracle.I migrated one database from ms-access to oracle 9i using oracle migration utility on my local machine.But now i need to add this oracle database from my local machine to existing main database oracle 8i on main server.Pls. tell how i can add this database from my machine to main server. I think i can use export/import utility.But i never used this utility before, pls. tell what should i need to do.And if export/import is good way to migrate database pls. explain me in steps. I'll really appreciate your kind help. Pls. reply me soon, it's urgent!!! Thanks..so much Sonika "sonika" <sonika_sehrawat@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:709618ea.0409281225.1a09da58@posting.google.com... > Hi experts, > > I am new in oracle.I migrated one database from ms-access to oracle 9i > using oracle migration utility on my local machine.But now i need to > add this oracle database from my local machine to existing main > database oracle 8i on main server.Pls. tell how i can add this > database from my machine to main server. > I think i can use export/import utility.But i never used this utility > before, pls. tell what should i need to do.And if export/import is > good way to migrate database pls. explain me in steps. > > I'll really appreciate your kind help. > Pls. reply me soon, it's urgent!!! > > Thanks..so much > Sonika You are missing a lot of letters in your typing. You m...

Establishing connection from Oracle Database to DB2 database
Hi, Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on the same. Waiting for reply. Its critical umeshchoudhary@gmail.com (U C) wrote in news:d06590c8.0504252348.71a5c6f8@posting.google.com: > Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database > oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on > the same. > > Waiting for reply. Its critical > use PERL between the two DBs. >Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database >oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on >the same. >Waiting for reply. Its critical http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:4406709207206#18830681837358 I have used this to example to connect to DB2. chet ...

Hello, I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? So, what is the correct syntax ? Thanks for your help Cyril "Cyril" <jewelk@free.fr> wrote in message news:cd38c3d6.0408100617.6f7b9f3e@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. > > Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? > So, what is the correct syntax ? > > > Thanks for your help > &...

Re: Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle #2

Free Ebook Oracle Database & Oracle 9i
Free Ebook Oracle Database Free Oracle 9i Complete Reference Book http://www.downloadfreepdf.com On Mar 24, 6:53 am, "steveo" <selectcm...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > Free Ebook Oracle Database > > Free Oracle 9i Complete Reference Book > > http://www.downloadfreepdf.com It's all free over at http://tahiti.oracle.com also ...

[Oracle 9i Personal Edition] Start oracle database...
Hi, I've installed the Oracle 9i Personal Edition on my Windows 98 machine. I've choosed to install only the software and to skip the creation of a database during installation procedure. I've restarted the machine and I've made next step to create a database manually (following the "Oracle 9i Administration Guide": 1. I've created a Password File with the command orapwd in the $oracle_home directory The password I've choosed is "secret". 2. I've created an initialization file in the oradata directory with the name init$db_name.ora 3. I connect with the command sqlplus as user "sys/secret as SYSDBA" to launch the command "create database" B U T at this point when i insert a usr/pwd (i have tryed with sys/change_on_install as sysdba, system/manager, sys/secret, scott/tiger, all...) in Windows98 appears a dialog box (the same obtained clicking on the menu voice "Start Oracle database") that ask for a password: not a username/password, only a password. I've inserted the same passed to the orapwd command and all known password but it say that it's incorrect. After this I've disinstalled all and reinstalled responding "yes" when Universal Installer ask to install a database. In this way all run correctly. Probably in Windows98 u have to permit the installation of a db to use oracle. Probably the installation of ...

Re: Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle #3
Hi Mark. >>Then creating current directry <your database.dbs> > >I think you mean it creates a directory called <your database>.exp. Yes, thanks. -- Tsutomu Ogiwara from Tokyo Japan. ICQ#:168106592 _________________________________________________________________ Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail sending to informix-list ...

Convert SAP Oracle Database to IBM DB2 Database??
Hello, I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle database to IBM DB2 database? Did you realize greater disk saving via DB2 compression? Did you run the latest version of DB2 rather than allow SAP to keep your Oracle version back-leveled? Please, DB2 Bashers need not apply, looking for the business case anyone used to convert to DB2. Thank you. Charles On 6 Feb, 01:52, "Charles Davis" <cdavis10...@comcast.net> wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle > database to IBM DB2 database? > > Did you realize greater disk saving via DB2 compression? > > Did you run the latest version of DB2 rather than allow SAP to keep your > Oracle version back-leveled? > > Please, DB2 Bashers need not apply, looking for the business case anyone > used to convert to DB2. > > Thank you. > > Charles I'm no DB2 basher, however, from you post you seem to be insinuating that disk space is the driving force for this conversion. Is this the case? HTH -g Charles Davis wrote: > I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle > database to IBM DB2 database? Check your in-box at the email address you use here. I have passed you a contact that I consider as close to non-partisan as I could think of (and more importantly, I don't know what she'll say over a beer). Cheers Serge -- Serge Rielau DB2 Solutio...

Can you import an Oracle 10G database into a 9I database
Good afternoon, I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? Thanks, Chris Boerman cboerman@comcast.net schreef: > Good afternoon, > > I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into > an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? > > Thanks, > Chris Boerman > Of course. It's called downgrading. Or, if you do not want to downgrade, only if you're: 1) skillful 2) lucky You must be lucky, or I would not be answering this. Ever read the "New Features since 9i" chapters on 10G? Why do you think these are called "new"? So, export, using the 9i tool - if you're lucky, that works. Import, using the 9i tool - if you're lucky, that works. -- Regards, Frank van Bortel Top-posting is one way to shut me up... On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:27:32 +0200, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel@gmail.com> wrote: >cboerman@comcast.net schreef: >> Good afternoon, >> >> I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into >> an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? >> >> Thanks, >> Chris Boerman >> > >Of course. It's called downgrading. > >Or, if you do not want to downgrade, only if you're: >1) skillful >2) lucky > >You must be lucky, or I would not be answering this. >Ever read the "New Features since 9i"...

SqlSpec

Web resources about - Oracle database 11g - comp.databases.oracle.server