oracle database 9.2.0.8 32bit and windows server 2003 64bit

Hello!

    What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on
32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit
database? Any suggestion?

Regards - MJ

0
hehehe

On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim=
its on
> 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit
> database? Any suggestion?
>
> Regards - MJ

Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached
the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database
server.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA

I will check

Uzytkownik "sybrandb" <sybrandb@gmail.com> napisal w wiadomosci
On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on
> 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit
> database? Any suggestion?
>
> Regards - MJ

Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached
the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database
server.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA

0
hehehe
4/15/2009 9:45:08 AM
On Apr 15, 5:16=A0am, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim=
its on
> 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit
> database? Any suggestion?
>
> Regards - MJ

Did you look at the oracle documentation?
0
johnbhurley (2707)
4/15/2009 11:15:53 AM
Na Wed, 15 Apr 2009 04:15:53 -0700, johnbhurley napisao:

> On Apr 15, 5:16 am, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>>     What about configuration like in subject... What about memory
>>     limits on
>> 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit
>> database? Any suggestion?
>>
>> Regards - MJ
>
> Did you look at the oracle documentation?

Apparently, he did not.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com
If i look on oracle doc then i will never ask this question but oracle dok

0
hehehe
4/15/2009 12:33:36 PM
On 15 apr, 14:33, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote:
> If i look on oracle doc then i will never ask this question but oracle dok
> have 100000 page so i ask question faster answer :-)

Wrong again.
First of all: for this question you don't need the Oracle
documentation. You need to use that mass of grey cells called 'brain'.
Secondly: the Oracle documentation is searchable at http://tahiti.oracle.com
There is NO excuse for not using the Oracle documentation!!!!!!!!!!

-----
Sybrand bakker
Senior Oracle DBA
0
sybrandb1 (715)
4/15/2009 12:52:27 PM
hehehe schreef:
> If i look on oracle doc then i will never ask this question but oracle dok
> have 100000 page so i ask question faster answer :-)

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=oracle+64+bit+windows+32+bit

Shakespeare
0
whatsin (688)
4/15/2009 12:52:41 PM
hehehe wrote:
> If i look on oracle doc then i will never ask this question but oracle dok
> have 100000 page so i ask question faster answer :-)

- and why are you even looking at 9.2.0.8 - it is officially no longer
supported.  and 10g is not that far from going to de-support.
0
maustin (1437)
4/15/2009 1:18:13 PM
On Apr 15, 2:16=A0am, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim=
its on
> 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit
> database? Any suggestion?
>
> Regards - MJ

See metalink Note: 161546.1

On 64 bit, you can use up to 4G of memory total using Windows
configuration bullshit, perhaps more if Enterprise edition.  But not
all hardware is supported, and the docs available may be insufficient
or misleading, and even official support may not understand all what's
going on and be honest about it anyways.

You may be able to pay for extended support under the lifetime support
policy, see http://www.oracle.com/support/lifetime-support-policy.html
..  However, it may be you need to be already supported, I don't know,
talk to your friendly helpful salesperson.

It's worth it to just go to 10g.

Of course, if you don't have support, you can't see the metalink
note... but Shakespeare helped with that.  Only 197000 pages to look
through.  Try addning PAE and AWE to the search.

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
'I would suggest you start with something like "In order to to my job

0
hehehe
4/16/2009 8:13:57 AM
hehehe wrote:
> Ok i set 3gb sga on 32 bit oracle on 64 bit windows server works great but
> when i change to 4gb sga  - error appears - problem with os -  i thnik more
> than 3 gb per application have been reached

Last time I calculated 2^32 it is 4G.

You really need to understand the concept of 32bit vs. 64bit
applications and operating systems.

0
maustin (1437)
4/16/2009 2:21:13 PM
Michael Austin schreef:
> hehehe wrote:
>> Ok i set 3gb sga on 32 bit oracle on 64 bit windows server works great
>> but when i change to 4gb sga  - error appears - problem with os -  i
>> thnik more than 3 gb per application have been reached
>>

> Last time I calculated 2^32 it is 4G.

Not for Windows.

Shakespeare

> You really need to understand the concept of 32bit vs. 64bit
> applications and operating systems.

0
whatsin (688)
4/18/2009 7:31:39 AM
Shakespeare wrote:
> Michael Austin schreef:
>> hehehe wrote:
>>> Ok i set 3gb sga on 32 bit oracle on 64 bit windows server works
>>> great but when i change to 4gb sga  - error appears - problem with os
>>> -  i thnik more than 3 gb per application have been reached
>>>

>> Last time I calculated 2^32 it is 4G.
>
> Not for Windows.

Ahhhh, that explains it...

> Shakespeare