oracle database 9.2.0.8 32bit and windows server 2003 64bit

Hello!

    What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on
32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit
database? Any suggestion?

Regards - MJ

0
hehehe

On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim=
its on
> 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit
> database? Any suggestion?
>
> Regards - MJ

Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached
the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database
server.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA

I will check

Uzytkownik "sybrandb" <sybrandb@gmail.com> napisal w wiadomosci
On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on
> 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit
> database? Any suggestion?
>
> Regards - MJ

Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached
the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database
server.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA

0
hehehe
4/15/2009 9:45:08 AM
On Apr 15, 5:16=A0am, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim=
its on
> 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit
> database? Any suggestion?
>
> Regards - MJ

Did you look at the oracle documentation?
0
johnbhurley (2707)
4/15/2009 11:15:53 AM
Na Wed, 15 Apr 2009 04:15:53 -0700, johnbhurley napisao:

> On Apr 15, 5:16 am, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>>     What about configuration like in subject... What about memory
>>     limits on
>> 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit
>> database? Any suggestion?
>>
>> Regards - MJ
>
> Did you look at the oracle documentation?

Apparently, he did not.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com
If i look on oracle doc then i will never ask this question but oracle dok

0
hehehe
4/15/2009 12:33:36 PM
On 15 apr, 14:33, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote:
> If i look on oracle doc then i will never ask this question but oracle dok
> have 100000 page so i ask question faster answer :-)

Wrong again.
First of all: for this question you don't need the Oracle
documentation. You need to use that mass of grey cells called 'brain'.
Secondly: the Oracle documentation is searchable at http://tahiti.oracle.com
There is NO excuse for not using the Oracle documentation!!!!!!!!!!

-----
Sybrand bakker
Senior Oracle DBA
0
sybrandb1 (715)
4/15/2009 12:52:27 PM
hehehe schreef:
> If i look on oracle doc then i will never ask this question but oracle dok
> have 100000 page so i ask question faster answer :-)

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=oracle+64+bit+windows+32+bit

Shakespeare
0
whatsin (688)
4/15/2009 12:52:41 PM
hehehe wrote:
> If i look on oracle doc then i will never ask this question but oracle dok
> have 100000 page so i ask question faster answer :-)

- and why are you even looking at 9.2.0.8 - it is officially no longer
supported.  and 10g is not that far from going to de-support.
0
maustin (1437)
4/15/2009 1:18:13 PM
On Apr 15, 2:16=A0am, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim=
its on
> 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit
> database? Any suggestion?
>
> Regards - MJ

See metalink Note: 161546.1

On 64 bit, you can use up to 4G of memory total using Windows
configuration bullshit, perhaps more if Enterprise edition.  But not
all hardware is supported, and the docs available may be insufficient
or misleading, and even official support may not understand all what's
going on and be honest about it anyways.

You may be able to pay for extended support under the lifetime support
policy, see http://www.oracle.com/support/lifetime-support-policy.html
..  However, it may be you need to be already supported, I don't know,
talk to your friendly helpful salesperson.

It's worth it to just go to 10g.

Of course, if you don't have support, you can't see the metalink
note... but Shakespeare helped with that.  Only 197000 pages to look
through.  Try addning PAE and AWE to the search.

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
'I would suggest you start with something like "In order to to my job

0
hehehe
4/16/2009 8:13:57 AM
hehehe wrote:
> Ok i set 3gb sga on 32 bit oracle on 64 bit windows server works great but
> when i change to 4gb sga  - error appears - problem with os -  i thnik more
> than 3 gb per application have been reached

Last time I calculated 2^32 it is 4G.

You really need to understand the concept of 32bit vs. 64bit
applications and operating systems.

0
maustin (1437)
4/16/2009 2:21:13 PM
Michael Austin schreef:
> hehehe wrote:
>> Ok i set 3gb sga on 32 bit oracle on 64 bit windows server works great
>> but when i change to 4gb sga  - error appears - problem with os -  i
>> thnik more than 3 gb per application have been reached
>>

> Last time I calculated 2^32 it is 4G.

Not for Windows.

Shakespeare

> You really need to understand the concept of 32bit vs. 64bit
> applications and operating systems.

0
whatsin (688)
4/18/2009 7:31:39 AM
Shakespeare wrote:
> Michael Austin schreef:
>> hehehe wrote:
>>> Ok i set 3gb sga on 32 bit oracle on 64 bit windows server works
>>> great but when i change to 4gb sga  - error appears - problem with os
>>> -  i thnik more than 3 gb per application have been reached
>>>

>> Last time I calculated 2^32 it is 4G.
>
> Not for Windows.

Ahhhh, that explains it...

> Shakespeare

This still applies :)

>> You really need to understand the concept of 32bit vs. 64bit
>> applications and operating systems.

0
maustin (1437)

massive performance drop Oracle 9i on multi processor system (Windows Server 2003, Oracle 9i, 9.2.0.6.0)
The performance of some complex PL/SQL functions has dropped dramatically since migrating from Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.0) on Windows Server 2000 to 9i (9.2.0.6.0) on Windows Server 2003. We found out, that Oracle 9i performance on a multi processor CPU machine (our server has 4 XEON CPUs, Hyperthreading is disabled in BIOS) is highly dependent on init.ora parameters; unfortunately our trial and error approach to find the proper settings (we searched Oracle Tech Net (OTN) and google groups without success) did not help so far. We are testing performance behaviour with some business critical PL/SQL procedures that do authorization calculations for our application. Simplified these functions do a lot of inserts, deletes and selects in/from tables (being used as temp tables in lack of in memory temp table support of oracle 9i). We can monitor the progress within the stored procedure by using UTL_FILE functions to write a log file into the file system of the server; we real time monitor the log file using "tail -f". <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); [...] When setting "CPU_COUNT = 1" in init.ora the function will typically run up to 10 seconds, when setting "CPU_COUNT = 4" it will take more than 2 minutes (!!!) We experimented with the following other parameters so far: db_writer_processes (set to 4 in combination with cpu_count = 4) fast_start_parall...

Oracle server 9.2.0.1.0, Client 9.2.0.4.0, Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1
Hi Everybody, My Database server is running on Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1, And my Oracle version is 9.2.0.1.0. My Client mechine also Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1 , Oracle client version is 9.2.0.4.0. I am running a web application. Our application is in Magic edeveloper. I connect to Oracle using oracle gateway to my application. My Problem is my application is is becoming slow. I am not able to trace where the problem is. Before our application was running fine. recently i upgraded Oracle client version to 9.2.0.4.0. My Oracle client & server versions are different. I am getting error on my client mechine, it showing all memory address on the screen and the part of error is, arg register addr=83498cc .... Dump of memory from 0x83988c to 0x83499cc .... -- End of Call stack trace -- I am not able to trace where the problem is.Any insight please... Thanks, Ssreddy. ...

Oracle server Upgrade from 9.0 to 9.2 on Windows 2003
Hi All, I am trying to upgrade an Oracle server running 9.0 on Win 2003. I do not want to keep 2 Oracle Homes for 9.0 and 9.2. I would rather uninstall 9.0 using oui. I will import the data from production database from export files. What will be my best (easy, hassle free) course of action: 1. Shutdown the current 9.0 instance 2. Drop the current 9.0 db 3. Uninstall the current 9.0 executibls using oui 4. Install the 9.2 executibles 5. Create new db instance 6. Import the data from export files Is this a good idea? Or should I have 2 Oracle Homes by installing 9.2 and upgrade the 9.0 db using dbua? Only problem is I cant find the dbua in the current 9.0 setup. Your advice / experience / feedback will really appreciated. Thanx in advance. Personally, I'd install 9.2 in a second Oracle Home and then upgrade the database. Once it is all done, feel free to remove the 9.0 software in that home. You'll use the DBUA in the 9.2 home, not the 9.0 one! HTH, Brian Wade Chy wrote: > > Hi All, > I am trying to upgrade an Oracle server running 9.0 on Win 2003. I do > not want to keep 2 Oracle Homes for 9.0 and 9.2. I would rather > uninstall 9.0 using oui. I will import the data from production > database from export files. What will be my best (easy, hassle free) > course of action: > > 1. Shutdown the current 9.0 instance > 2. Drop the current 9.0 db > 3. Uninstall the current 9.0 executibls using oui > 4. Install the 9.2 executibles &...

Known problems with Oracle 9.2.0.1 and Windows Server 2003 ?
On the CD of Oracle Database 9.2.0.1 is not specified that it runs on Windows Server 2003, but i've tried and it works. Do you know bugs or problems with this configuration? I see that 9.2.0.3 version is Windows Server 2003 certified. Do you think that i've to upgrade to that version? (sorry for my english) MariMax wrote: > > On the CD of Oracle Database 9.2.0.1 is not specified that it runs on > Windows Server 2003, but i've tried and it works. > Do you know bugs or problems with this configuration? > > I see that 9.2.0.3 version is Windows Server 2003 certified. Do you think > that i've to upgrade to that version? > > (sorry for my english) It's worth your time to upgrade as there are many fixes. To see which, log on to metalink and review the 'Fixes by Release' note. Remember that if you have ANY problem, the first general response is to upgrade to the latest version and then investigate. "Why wait for spring - do it now!" (I suspect there is probably a good reason why Oracle posted a separate download for Windows2003 Server as compared to the download for NT/XP/2000 - make sure you have the right one.) /Hans Hans Forbrich <hforbric@yahoo.net> wrote in message news:<40339F99.48EB66EB@yahoo.net>... > MariMax wrote: > > > > On the CD of Oracle Database 9.2.0.1 is not specified that it runs on > > Windows Server 2003, but i've tried and it works. > > Do ...

Oracle 9iR2 32bit on windows 2003 server 64bit
Hi all, I've been requested to install Oracle 9i R2 32bit on windows 2003 server (enterprise) 64 bit running on a AMD architecture. Looking at compatibility matrix on metalink, it seems that this is not a supported scenario. Moreover, the FAQs indicate that it is possible to run Oracle 9i 32bit on AMD 64 bit hardware running windows 2003 32 bit. Anyway, our client "needs" both windows 64b and oracle 9i. Now the question: has anyone ever installed and used the original requested configuration (like the subject of this post)?? Suggestion?? thank you very much in advance. M. "marco" <mputzu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e2531143-5fb0-482c-88cd-747fb4d6b214@l42g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I've been requested to install Oracle 9i R2 32bit on windows 2003 > server (enterprise) 64 bit running on a AMD architecture. > Looking at compatibility matrix on metalink, it seems that this is not > a supported scenario. > Moreover, the FAQs indicate that it is possible to run Oracle 9i 32bit > on AMD 64 bit hardware running windows 2003 32 bit. Anyway, our client > "needs" both windows 64b and oracle 9i. > Now the question: has anyone ever installed and used the original > requested configuration (like the subject of this post)?? > Suggestion?? > > thank you very much in advance. > > M. What is the "reasoning"? (Is it some misguided conception that things will run f...

Download Oracle 9.2 for windows 2003 server
Hi, Where can I download Oracle9.2 for windows 2003 server? On Oracle technet site there are 2 versions 32 bit and 64 bit. I think 64bit is for Itanium based server and 32 bit for other servers. But the download for 32 bit gives you 9.2.0.3 patch only and requires 9.2.0.1 and I am not able to find it there. Please help it is urgent. We use HP-UX and have software CDs for that. Thanks nhk wrote: > Hi, > > Where can I download Oracle9.2 for windows 2003 server? On Oracle > technet site there are 2 versions 32 bit and 64 bit. I think 64bit is > for Itanium based server and 32 bit for other servers. But the download > for 32 bit gives you 9.2.0.3 patch only and requires 9.2.0.1 and I am > not able to find it there. > Please help it is urgent. > We use HP-UX and have software CDs for that. > > Thanks Why 9.2.0.3? At the bare minimum 9.2.0.6. -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org I want 9.2.0.1 (oracle 9i) but the link gives only the patch for 9.2.0.3 when you unzip it. Thanks DA Morgan wrote: > nhk wrote: > > Hi, > > > > Where can I download Oracle9.2 for windows 2003 server? On Oracle > > technet site there are 2 versions 32 bit and 64 bit. I think 64bit is > > for Itanium based server and 32 bit for other servers. But the download > > for 32 bit gives you 9.2.0.3 patch only and requires 9.2....

Oracle 10g 10.0.2 client, to connect oracle 8 server
Dear Group members, I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and 8i it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error <b> "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer supported." </b> Can i install, 2 or more version of oracle clients in same system, becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will infect my software .. process.. if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before installation .. What is the best oracle client software can suitable for most of the server's On Jul 27, 11:58=A0pm, ranganadh <ranganadhkod...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear Group members, > > =A0I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and > 8i > > it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. > when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error > > <b> =A0"ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer > supported." </b> > > Can i install, 2 or more =A0version of oracle clients in same system, > becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some > SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will > infect my software .. process.. > > if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, ...

Oracle 10g 10.0.2 client, to connect oracle 8 server
Dear Group members, I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and 8i it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error <b> "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer supported." </b> Can i install, 2 or more version of oracle clients in same system, becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will infect my software .. process.. if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before installation .. What is the best oracle client software can suitable for most of the server's > I am using Oracle 10 g 10.0.2 client software to connect 9i,10g and > 8i > > it is working very good with the 9i and 10g.. > when i trying to connect 8i server ./. it giving error > > <b> "ORA-03134: Connections to this server version are no longer > supported." </b> > > > Can i install, 2 or more version of oracle clients in same system, > becoz .. currently using client software is well configured for some > SQL server BI agents, if i un-install current 10g client, it will > infect my software .. process.. Yes you can, I currently have 3 versions Oracle 8.0.4, Oracle 9.2 and Oracle 10.2 on my work PC. No problem. > > if, it can be possible, what kind of things i take care, before > installation .. If yo...

Running ORACLE 8.1.7 & ORACLE 9.2 on the same UNIX server
Hi, I have recently installed ORACLE 9.2 Database on a UNIX server (2.8) which already has ORACLE 8.1.7. They have both a different SID and ORACLE_BASE. However I am having to use the ORACLE 8 listener for both ORACLE databases. Is it possible to run separate ORACLE 8 and ORACLE 9 listeners? Hello, There are no difficulty to use 2 listeners on the same machine. The point is that default listener used to listen on port 1521 (or 1526). You will have to change your listener configuration( netasst or by hand) in order to use a different port number, a different listener name and communicate it to your users for their tnsnames.ora. LSNR8I = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS= (PROTOCOL= TCP)(Host= machine)(Port= 1110)) ) Generally what I do is to create 1 listener per Oracle Version. After that, for starting listeners you'll have to launch lsnrctl start LSNR8I ou lsnrctl start LSNR9I I am used to name listeners with different names since 8i because you have the autoregistration stuff and with 2 listeners with the same name, you are not sure on which the database will register (or using le local_listener init parm). Regs, Olivier jonathan.johnston@bt.com (Jonathan Johnston) wrote in message news:<5e07fa5.0406080037.67d595a9@posting.google.com>... > Hi, > > I have recently installed ORACLE 9.2 Database on a UNIX server (2.8) > which already has ORACLE 8.1.7. They have both a different SID and > ...

Oracle database patchset 9.2.0.8 silent installation
Hi, I am trying to apply Oracle database patch 9.2.0.8 on top of our 9.2.0.5 . I have created response file and tried intallaing. But it gives the following error. Error:*** Alert: An Oracle Home with name OUIHome already exists at location /oravl01/oracle/9.2.0.5. Please specify another name for $ORACLE_HOME. *** Do I have to give new ORACLE_HOME for this..? Please suggest. Thanks, Krish On Aug 7, 5:36 pm, Krish <Krishna.Bu...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to apply Oracle database patch 9.2.0.8 on top of our > 9.2.0.5 . > > I have created response file and tried intallaing. But it gives the > following error. > > Error:*** Alert: An Oracle Home with name OUIHome already exists at > location /oravl01/oracle/9.2.0.5. Please specify another name for > $ORACLE_HOME. *** > > Do I have to give new ORACLE_HOME for this..? > > Please suggest. > > Thanks, > Krish Hi Krish, What is you ORACLE_HOME_NAME variable in your response file? Regards, Steve On Aug 7, 6:28 pm, Steve Howard <stevedhow...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Aug 7, 5:36 pm, Krish <Krishna.Bu...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > > > > Hi, > > > I am trying to apply Oracle database patch 9.2.0.8 on top of our > > 9.2.0.5 . > > > I have created response file and tried intallaing. But it gives the > > following error. > > > Error:*** Alert: An Oracle Home with name OUIHome already e...

Upgrade from Oracle 9.2.0.1 to Oracle 9.2.0.3
Hello All, I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start again? Thanks Kumu Hello Kumu, What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you experience? You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your situation. New patches can introduce new problems as you can see, Regards, Ron DBA Infopower http://www.dbainfopower.com Standard disclaimer: http://www.dbainfopower.com/dbaip_advice_disclaimer.html "kumu" <forlist2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a44abd39.0402161837.6badb9ed@posting.google.com... > Hello All, > I am trying to upgrade oracle 9.2.0.1 to new patchset 9.2.0.3 or > 9.2.0.4. Please recommend which is better 9.2.0.3 or 9.2.0.4? > > Also I had a bad experience with my development server when applying > 9.2.0.3 patchset. Is there anything you recommend before I start > again? > > Thanks > Kumu "Ron" <support@dbainfopower.com> wrote in message news:<QqWdnRM_cMiwWqzdRVn-vg@comcast.com>... > Hello Kumu, > > What is the reason for upgrade? Any specific bugs or issues you > experience? > > You can open TAR as well to get support recommendations for your > situation. > > New patches can introduce new...

Moving a single instance 9.2.0.7 database to a clustered 9.2.0.6 database environment #2
HI, I have the following situation: We have Veritas cluster setup , and there are 2 solaris servers on which VCS is set up. On this set up we have about 8 databases all of which are 9.2.0.6 version. Now we have one stand alone solaris server, and it has a 9.2.0.7 database. This database is for a third party application -Clear Case & Clear Quest. Now it is required to move the single instance database to clustered environment. Since in the clustered environment we have 9.2.0.6 version, is it AT ALL POSSIBLE to move this database, which is 9.2.0.7 to that enviroment? I guess not, and in that case, what are the options? - since this is a packaged application , so should be contact the vendor and ask them whether we can downgrade the database to 9.2.0.6? - is that a valid option? Are there other options? (upgrading the existing 9.2.0.6 database to make all of them 9.2.0.7 is not allowed.) With thanks, Nirav ...

Restoring Oracle 9.0.1 database from original files (server was rebuilt)
Here's my issue ... our database server was rebuilt but all the original files were backed up before the server was rebuilt. The server was shutdown correctly so I'm not worried about a bad shutdown but I've never done this before. It's on a Windows2000 box. I've reconfigured the server to the same way it was before, but I'm unsure which files and I should exclude and/or include to get the box running the way it was before. Can anyone point me in the right direction to an article that outlines how to do this? I'm more a developer than DBA, but I set up the original box and it ran great. Thanks, Joe On Mar 5, 7:01 pm, sandoval....@gmail.com wrote: > Here's my issue ... our database server was rebuilt but all the > original files were backed up before the server was rebuilt. The > server was shutdown correctly so I'm not worried about a bad shutdown > but I've never done this before. It's on a Windows2000 box. I've > reconfigured the server to the same way it was before, but I'm unsure > which files and I should exclude and/or include to get the box running > the way it was before. > > Can anyone point me in the right direction to an article that outlines > how to do this? I'm more a developer than DBA, but I set up the > original box and it ran great. > > Thanks, > Joe Define 'all the original files'. If these include your controlfiles you should be set, and ...

Oracle 9.2 client installatiion on Windows 2003 server (32 bit)
I want to install this client. Went to OTN Windows Download. It shows me following files under 9201 installation for Windows 2003 32 bit Download the Complete Files OUI220180.zip (47,405,300 bytes) 9203WIN2K3.zip (181,643,734 bytes) Yet when I read release notes link on the same page, it refers to Three installation: Oracle 9.2.0.1 OUI.2.01.x.x 9.2.0.3 patch set That means I should also download Oracle 9.2.0.1 client. Oracle 9.2.0.1 client is available however only for Windows NT/2000/XP. Is XP same thing as Windows server 2003? Is Oracle 9.2.0.1 client required at all or is it included in 9203WI2K3.zip file. Thanks a lot ... Any thoughts on this. Is Windows 2003 server same thing as Windows XP for Oracle installation. A note on Metalnk says: 1. First install, Oracle 9.2.0.1 clinet using Windows 2000/NT/XP. 2. Then intsall OUT 2.0.1.x.x listed under Windows 2003. 3. Then install Oracle 9.2.0.3 or any higher level patch. Thanks. ...

Oracle database Server 9.2 fails to start when Windoes 2000 Pro machine rebooted
Hi, I installed the Personal Edition of Oracle 9.2 server on my Windows 2000 Professional machine. Immediately after installation, the DB worked fine, responding to client connections and SQL queries. But after I restarted my machine, the server is not responding to client connections - giving TNS:no listener error in the net8 configuration assistant. Can any one help and point out what might eb the reason, and how to fix it? I tried creating new DBs but was unable to connect, even though there was no hiccup during installation. However, the log files seem to show the server starting when i reboot the machine. following is the contents of log trace file: Dump file c:\ora9ias\admin\mntest1\udump\mntest1_ora_1340.trc Tue Jun 01 21:54:52 2004 ORACLE V9.2.0.1.0 - Production vsnsta=0 vsnsql=12 vsnxtr=3 Windows 2000 Version 5.0 Service Pack 4, CPU type 586 Personal Oracle9i Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production Windows 2000 Version 5.0 Service Pack 4, CPU type 586 Instance name: mntest1 Redo thread mounted by this instance: 0 <none> Oracle process number: 12 Windows thread id: 1340, image: ORACLE.EXE *** 2004-06-01 21:54:52.000 *** SESSION ID:(9.1) 2004-06-01 21:54:51.000 (blkno = 0xe3, size = 276, max = 1, in-use = 1, last-recid= 0) (blkno = 0xe4, size = 56, max = 72, in-use = 1, last-recid= 1) Thread checkpoint rba:0x000007.00000002.0010 scn:0x0000.0010aaf4 On-disk rba:0x...

help:How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7
How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 1-what scripts are to be used 2-Where i can find these scripts. Thnks. You can't. You can use lower version export to export higher version database. The other way around has never been possible. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA You probably have Oracle 9.2.0.1 running somewhere right, perhaps on another machine ? Set your ORACLE_HOME to 9.2.0.1 then export through sqlnet: exp username/pwd @9207instance Now you'll use the 9.2.0.1 export utility; this should work. "shahsyed" <shahsyed@gmail.com> schreef in bericht . > How can i take Export of Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle 9.2.0.7 > > 1-what scripts are to be used > 2-Where i can find these scripts. > > Thnks. Hi, I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is possible?? Thanks Alok. On 9 Aug 2005 22:05:49 -0700, alok.behria@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, > > I guess oracle dosen't support backword comatibilty.then how it is >possible?? > >Thanks >Alok. Oracle is backwards compatible provided you have the definition of backwards compatible correct. You can connect (again) *lower version client* to a *higher version database* The other way around has nothing to do with backwards compatible, though it usually works, *with the exception of export/import, AS DOCUMENTED* (but I guess no one ever reads the docs) -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Hi, ...

Moving a single instance 9.2.0.7 database to a clustered 9.2.0.6 database environment
HI, I have the following situation: We have Veritas cluster setup , and there are 2 solaris servers on which VCS is set up. On this set up we have about 8 databases all of which are 9.2.0.6 version. Now we have one stand alone solaris server, and it has a 9.2.0.7 database. This database is for a third party application -Clear Case & Clear Quest. Now it is required to move the single instance database to clustered environment. Since in the clustered environment we have 9.2.0.6 version, is it AT ALL POSSIBLE to move this database, which is 9.2.0.7 to that enviroment? I guess not, and in that case, what are the options? - since this is a packaged application , so should be contact the vendor and ask them whether we can downgrade the database to 9.2.0.6? - is that a valid option? Are there other options? (upgrading the existing 9.2.0.6 database to make all of them 9.2.0.7 is not allowed.) Again thanks a lot for the kind help.. Nirav nirav wrote: > HI, > > I have the following situation: > > We have Veritas cluster setup , and there are 2 solaris servers on > which VCS is set up. On this set up we have about 8 databases all of > which are 9.2.0.6 version. > > Now we have one stand alone solaris server, and it has a 9.2.0.7 > database. This database is for a third party application -Clear Case & > Clear Quest. > > Now it is required to move the single instance database to clustered > environment. > > Since in the cl...

Install problems with Oracle installer 2.2 for Oracle 9i Client 9.2.0.1.0
Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong forum - I am an Oracle Newbie. Here are my computer specs : Windows 2003 - fully patch from Microsoft as of Sept 4th 2004 HP LP2000r 1 x 1,1 Gig Intel processor 1 GB RAM Hardware RAID 1, 12 GB with 8 GB freespace Clean install, no other programs. At first I tried running the Oracle installer program from the CD ROM and came up with the error that it could not find the javaw.exe program. I then tried installing and reinstalling several versions of java to no avail. Next I searched through groups.google and found the solution: 1. Copy the Oracle CD to the hard drive. I copied it to a subfolder directly to C:\Oracle9i 2. Change the file c:\oracle9i\install\ORAPARAM.INI to reflect the actual name of the directories listed in the install directories of the cd I just copied. I did this and next took out some "."s and put the absolute path to the java program and something called the "OUI_LOCATION". JRE_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdjre/13110a/1/DataFiles/Expanded OUI_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdoui/220120/1/DataFiles/Expanded Okay so good so far. This time the installer actually started. The problem occurs in the next few steps, when I click "next" (weiter in German) from the welcome screen- please understand if I translate something wrong here. Then I am shown the installation directory screen, where I select the default listed: Source : C:\Oracle...

Sqlserver 2000 database on Oracle 9 server
Hi! how could I link a sqlserver 2000 database on a oracle 9 server. or how could I import a sqlserver 2000 database in oracle 9 server. Thanks Hubert Mayr wrote: > Hi! > > how could I link a sqlserver 2000 database on a oracle 9 server. > or > how could I import a sqlserver 2000 database in oracle 9 server. > > Thanks > Oracle Transparent Gateway. Heterogeneous services. ASCII files. -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) Daniel Morgan <damorgan@x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1073922683.284194@yasure>... > Hubert Mayr wrote: > > > Hi! > > > > how could I link a sqlserver 2000 database on a oracle 9 server. > > or > > how could I import a sqlserver 2000 database in oracle 9 server. > > > > Thanks > > > > Oracle Transparent Gateway. > Heterogeneous services. > ASCII files. I have read some articles about this, but I am a little confused about the difference between "Oracle Transparent Gateway" and "Heterogeneous services". I want to create a database link so that the application (logging on to Oracle) will not know whether the table is actually stored in Oracle or in SQL Server. Do I need Oracle Transparent Gateway to make this possible or ...

upgrade from oracle 9.2.0.1.0 to 9.2.0.5.0
Hi, I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for window version 32 bits, does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step doing it. many thanks leehi leehi wrote: > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, Windows NT4? W2k? W2K3? W2K3 - Release 2? Why stop ot 9.2.0.5? > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. leehi wrote: > Hi, > > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, > > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. > > many thanks > > leehi Go to metalink.oracle.com (registration and Oracle support CSI required). Click on Patches and Updates tab. Wait for the whole screen to load. Use one of the search functions to find your patch (note the Quick Links if you are getting something common, like 9206 or 9207). When you finally get to your patch download, click on the readme (the piece-of-paper icon next to the download icon). Read all the instructions. It's a good idea to read the instructions every time you do it, even (or perhaps especially) when you are comfortable doing it. The readme is usually also included with the patch. Download and unzip the patch. Look at what is there in the patch, perhaps there are additional release notes. Look around on metalink for addition...

Web resources about - oracle database 9.2.0.8 32bit and windows server 2003 64bit - comp.databases.oracle.server