Oracle database Server 9.2 fails to start when Windoes 2000 Pro machine rebooted

Hi,

 I installed the Personal Edition of Oracle 9.2 server on my Windows
2000 Professional machine. Immediately after installation, the DB
worked fine, responding to client connections and SQL queries. But
after I restarted my machine, the server is not responding to client
connections - giving TNS:no listener error in the net8 configuration
assistant.

Can any one help and point out what might eb the reason, and how to
fix it?

I tried creating new DBs but was unable to connect, even though there
was no hiccup during installation.

However, the log files seem to show the server starting when i reboot
the machine. following is the contents of log trace file:

Dump file c:\ora9ias\admin\mntest1\udump\mntest1_ora_1340.trc
Tue Jun 01 21:54:52 2004
ORACLE V9.2.0.1.0 - Production vsnsta=0
vsnsql=12 vsnxtr=3
Windows 2000 Version 5.0 Service Pack 4, CPU type 586
Personal Oracle9i Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options
JServer Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production
Windows 2000 Version 5.0 Service Pack 4, CPU type 586
Instance name: mntest1

Redo thread mounted by this instance: 0 <none>

Oracle process number: 12

Windows thread id: 1340, image: ORACLE.EXE

*** 2004-06-01 21:54:52.000
*** SESSION ID:(9.1) 2004-06-01 21:54:51.000
 (blkno = 0xe3, size = 276, max = 1, in-use = 1, last-recid= 0)
 (blkno = 0xe4, size = 56, max = 72, in-use = 1, last-recid= 1)
Thread checkpoint rba:0x000007.00000002.0010 scn:0x0000.0010aaf4
On-disk rba:0x000007.00003e29.0000 scn:0x0000.0010fe1b
Use incremental checkpoint cache-low RBA
Thread 1 recovery from rba:0x000007.00003060.0000 scn:0x0000.00000000
----- Redo read statistics for thread 1 -----
Read rate (ASYNC) = 882Kb/sec => 3529 blocks in 2s
Read buffer = 8192Kb (16384 blocks)
Longest record = 0Kb
Record moves = 0/7908 (0%)
*** 2004-06-01 21:55:07.000
KCRA: start recovery claims for 126 data blocks
*** 2004-06-01 21:55:07.000
KCRA: buffers claimed = 126/126, eliminated = 0

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
GS

On 2 Jun 2004 07:39:08 -0700, bunty_gopal_reference@yahoo.com (Gopal
Sharma) wrote:

>Hi,
>
> I installed the Personal Edition of Oracle 9.2 server on my Windows
>2000 Professional machine. Immediately after installation, the DB
>worked fine, responding to client connections and SQL queries. But
>after I restarted my machine, the server is not responding to client
>connections - giving TNS:no listener error in the net8 configuration
>assistant.
>
>Can any one help and point out what might eb the reason, and how to
>fix it?
>
>I tried creating new DBs but was unable to connect, even though there
>was no hiccup during installation.
>
>However, the log files seem to show the server starting when i reboot
>the machine. following is the contents of log trace file:
>
>Dump file c:\ora9ias\admin\mntest1\udump\mntest1_ora_1340.trc
>Tue Jun 01 21:54:52 2004
>ORACLE V9.2.0.1.0 - Production vsnsta=0
>vsnsql=12 vsnxtr=3
>Windows 2000 Version 5.0 Service Pack 4, CPU type 586
>Personal Oracle9i Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production
>With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options
>JServer Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production
>Windows 2000 Version 5.0 Service Pack 4, CPU type 586
>Instance name: mntest1
>
>Redo thread mounted by this instance: 0 <none>
>
>Oracle process number: 12
>
>Windows thread id: 1340, image: ORACLE.EXE
>

>*** 2004-06-01 21:54:52.000
>*** SESSION ID:(9.1) 2004-06-01 21:54:51.000
> (blkno = 0xe3, size = 276, max = 1, in-use = 1, last-recid= 0)
> (blkno = 0xe4, size = 56, max = 72, in-use = 1, last-recid= 1)
>Thread checkpoint rba:0x000007.00000002.0010 scn:0x0000.0010aaf4
>On-disk rba:0x000007.00003e29.0000 scn:0x0000.0010fe1b
>Use incremental checkpoint cache-low RBA
>Thread 1 recovery from rba:0x000007.00003060.0000 scn:0x0000.00000000
>----- Redo read statistics for thread 1 -----
>Read rate (ASYNC) = 882Kb/sec => 3529 blocks in 2s
>Read buffer = 8192Kb (16384 blocks)
>Longest record = 0Kb
>Record moves = 0/7908 (0%)
>*** 2004-06-01 21:55:07.000
>KCRA: start recovery claims for 126 data blocks
>*** 2004-06-01 21:55:07.000
>KCRA: buffers claimed = 126/126, eliminated = 0
>
>Any help would be highly appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>GS

Actually there is no sign at all in your post the *database* didn't
start and the trace file you are including is located in an Oracle 9i
Application Server related home.
So did you actually check
- the status of the service OracleService<SID> ?
- the contents of the alert<sid>.log ?
- the status of the OracleTNSlistener service
- Any 'Getting Started' documentation at all?

Some questions are really a FAQ, and there is a plethora of resources
on the Internet answering them.
So *please* use them *before* posting

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
0

Sqlserver 2000 database on Oracle 9 server
Hi! how could I link a sqlserver 2000 database on a oracle 9 server. or how could I import a sqlserver 2000 database in oracle 9 server. Thanks Hubert Mayr wrote: > Hi! > > how could I link a sqlserver 2000 database on a oracle 9 server. > or > how could I import a sqlserver 2000 database in oracle 9 server. > > Thanks > Oracle Transparent Gateway. Heterogeneous services. ASCII files. -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) Daniel Morgan <damorgan@x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1073922683.284194@yasure>... > Hubert Mayr wrote: > > > Hi! > > > > how could I link a sqlserver 2000 database on a oracle 9 server. > > or > > how could I import a sqlserver 2000 database in oracle 9 server. > > > > Thanks > > > > Oracle Transparent Gateway. > Heterogeneous services. > ASCII files. I have read some articles about this, but I am a little confused about the difference between "Oracle Transparent Gateway" and "Heterogeneous services". I want to create a database link so that the application (logging on to Oracle) will not know whether the table is actually stored in Oracle or in SQL Server. Do I need Oracle Transparent Gateway to make this possible or ...

Oracle server 9.2.0.1.0, Client 9.2.0.4.0, Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1
Hi Everybody, My Database server is running on Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1, And my Oracle version is 9.2.0.1.0. My Client mechine also Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1 , Oracle client version is 9.2.0.4.0. I am running a web application. Our application is in Magic edeveloper. I connect to Oracle using oracle gateway to my application. My Problem is my application is is becoming slow. I am not able to trace where the problem is. Before our application was running fine. recently i upgraded Oracle client version to 9.2.0.4.0. My Oracle client & server versions are different. I am getting error on my client mechine, it showing all memory address on the screen and the part of error is, arg register addr=83498cc .... Dump of memory from 0x83988c to 0x83499cc .... -- End of Call stack trace -- I am not able to trace where the problem is.Any insight please... Thanks, Ssreddy. ...

oracle database 9.2.0.8 32bit and windows server 2003 64bit
Hello! What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit database? Any suggestion? Regards - MJ On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA thx. I will check Uzytkownik "sybrandb" <sybrandb@gmail.com> napisal w wiadomosci news:b5d54371-bf21-439b-85c3-ae21dafc21be@3g2000yqk.googlegroups.com... On 15 apr, 11:16, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > What about configuration like in subject... What about memory limits on > 32bits? Can i rise sga more then 2GB? on 64 bit system but using 32 bit > database? Any suggestion? > > Regards - MJ Obviously, with only a little bit of thinking, you would have reached the conclusion, limits are determined by the OS of the database server. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA On Apr 15, 5:16=A0am, "hehehe" <m...@m.ccc> wrote: > Hello! > > =A0 =A0 What about configuration like in subject... What about memory lim= its on &g...

Starting 2 instances of the same Oracle database on the same machine
Is it possible to start 2 instances of the same database on the same machine. 1) I create an Oracle database with SID, say, 'myOracle' and start it (login as SYS user and start the database) 2) Now, is it possible to start another instance of 'myOracle' with the first instance up? I'm asking this question because, I was running some scripts which resulted in 2 instances of the same Oracle database running and am not sure how Oracle allowed a user to start 2 instances! As far as I know it should not be possible. Can anybody explain this? Thanks, Girish Giri wrote: > Is it possible to start 2 instances of the same database on the same > machine. > 1) I create an Oracle database with SID, say, 'myOracle' and start it > (login as SYS user and start the database) > 2) Now, is it possible to start another instance of 'myOracle' with the > first instance up? > I'm asking this question because, I was running some scripts which > resulted in 2 instances of the same Oracle database running and am not > sure how Oracle allowed a user to start 2 instances! As far as I know > it should not be possible. Can anybody explain this? > Thanks, > Girish Prove you had two instances with the same SID running on one server. Oracle will not allow this. David Fitzjarrell Giri wrote: > Is it possible to start 2 instances of the same database on the same > machine. That is what RAC is except generally speaking ...

WINODS NT SERVER Oracle
I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, i.e., one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the workarounds. Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. Do same problem exist with pcAnywhere, VNC desktop, Citrix client. Thanks, Prem On 19 Feb 2004 18:38:10 -0800, premmehrotra@hotmail.com (Prem K Mehrotra) wrote: >I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing >the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service >Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, >i.e., >one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the >workarounds. Because Microsoft is Microsoft and Microsoft doesn't support the BEQ protocol used by Oracle for this purpose. The only lousy workaround is to use set local=<tns service name> prior to connecting to sql*plus in a cmd window. Also you can't use the lsnrctl program to start and stop the listener for the same reason. You need to bounce the service. > >Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console >wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. OEM? It works! Need to save the init.ora on the Oracle Enterprise Management Server, using OEM, but that is about there is. Or dump Microsux T...

Oracle databases on a server

Importing sql server 7/2000 database into Oracle
Hi, Is it possible to import a MS sql server 7 or 2000 database into Oracle? Also, if this is possible, would it be better to just import tables and no stored procedures? thanks, Ellie Tables and indexes only surely - have you compared the stored procedures in SqlServer and Oracle! Every one I have ever seen have been quite different. Regards Kevin "E Sullivan" <ellie999nospam@nospamptd.net> wrote in message news:2LGdnUSaYJzJ66bdUSdV9g@ptd.net... > Hi, > > Is it possible to import a MS sql server 7 or 2000 database into Oracle? > Also, if this is possible, would it be better to just import tables and no > stored procedures? > > thanks, > > Ellie > > The stored procedures probably won't be needed so that's ok. I think the difference may be because mssql server uses "transact sql" which is their version of sql statements. Did we really expect MS to play nicely! Can the database be attached/imported or would I have to create a delimited text file? Thanks again. "Kevin A Lewis" <Kevin_A_Lewis@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:UjL_b.22$mj7.1@newreader.ukcore.bt.net... > Tables and indexes only surely - have you compared the stored procedures in > SqlServer and Oracle! Every one I have ever seen have been quite different. > > Regards Kevin > > "E Sullivan" <ellie999nospam@nospamptd.net> wrote in message > news:2LGdnUSaYJzJ66bdUSdV9g@ptd.net... >...

Importing sql server 7/2000 database to Oracle
Hi, Is it possible to import a MS sql server 7 or 2000 database into Oracle? Also, if this is possible, would it be better to just import tables and no stored procedures? thanks, Ellie E Sullivan wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to import a MS sql server 7 or 2000 database into Oracle? > Also, if this is possible, would it be better to just import tables and no > stored procedures? > > thanks, > > Ellie What do you mean by "import"? If you mean dump the data as a delimited text file and use SQL*Loader. Yes. But do keep in mind you will need to translate some data types and autonumbering columns do not exist. -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) Thanks, Daniel. Yes, that is what I want. Now about the autonumbering columns: as long as we aren't going to add to the database and expect autonumbering, I can still have that column, right? That's what it sounds like. thanks again. "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan@x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1077639180.433784@yasure... > E Sullivan wrote: > > > Hi, > > > > Is it possible to import a MS sql server 7 or 2000 database into Oracle? > > Also, if this is possible, would it be better to ju...

Running ORACLE 8.1.7 & ORACLE 9.2 on the same UNIX server
Hi, I have recently installed ORACLE 9.2 Database on a UNIX server (2.8) which already has ORACLE 8.1.7. They have both a different SID and ORACLE_BASE. However I am having to use the ORACLE 8 listener for both ORACLE databases. Is it possible to run separate ORACLE 8 and ORACLE 9 listeners? Hello, There are no difficulty to use 2 listeners on the same machine. The point is that default listener used to listen on port 1521 (or 1526). You will have to change your listener configuration( netasst or by hand) in order to use a different port number, a different listener name and communicate it to your users for their tnsnames.ora. LSNR8I = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS= (PROTOCOL= TCP)(Host= machine)(Port= 1110)) ) Generally what I do is to create 1 listener per Oracle Version. After that, for starting listeners you'll have to launch lsnrctl start LSNR8I ou lsnrctl start LSNR9I I am used to name listeners with different names since 8i because you have the autoregistration stuff and with 2 listeners with the same name, you are not sure on which the database will register (or using le local_listener init parm). Regs, Olivier jonathan.johnston@bt.com (Jonathan Johnston) wrote in message news:<5e07fa5.0406080037.67d595a9@posting.google.com>... > Hi, > > I have recently installed ORACLE 9.2 Database on a UNIX server (2.8) > which already has ORACLE 8.1.7. They have both a different SID and > ...

SqlSpec

Oracle 8i and 9i Database concurrently on Windows 2000 Server
I am trying to install Oracle 8i and 9i Database server on same machine , but I am getting getting various errors.. I cannot start TNSListener servive of both 8i and 9i simultaneously. If i try to login to 8i Database using scott / tiger or try to create a database , I get "Tns protocol error". Cannot complete Net8 configuration and Database configuration while installing 8i Database server. Please help me for same as i tried installing 8i for many times. I have kept different home names for both 8i and 9i. Forms 6i and D2k 4.5 is already installed on the M/c. Is there any sequence for these installations. "Mayura" <mayura.jadhav@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1140675978.019512.31510@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I am trying to install Oracle 8i and 9i Database server on same machine > , but I am getting getting various errors.. > > I cannot start TNSListener servive of both 8i and 9i simultaneously. > If i try to login to 8i Database using scott / tiger or try to create a > database , I get "Tns protocol error". Check MetaLink Note 306905.1. Regards, Dimitre Mayura wrote: > I am trying to install Oracle 8i and 9i Database server on same machine > , but I am getting getting various errors.. > > I cannot start TNSListener servive of both 8i and 9i simultaneously. > If i try to login to 8i Database using scott / tiger or try to create a > database , I get "Tns protocol erro...

JDBC URL for Oracle Database With Failover (2 db servers)
Ok, The DB URL typically looks like... jdbc:oracle:thin:@HOSTNAME:1521:SID But what if my database has failover and there's actually 2 hosts that I could have? SAMPLEDB.world= (Description= (failover=on) (address=(protocol=tcp)(host=server001)(port=1521)) (address=(protocol=tcp)(host=server002)(port=1521)) (Connect_data=(service_name=SAMPLEDB)(failover_mode=(type=select)(method=basic)))) Would I have to just specify 1 of the hosts? Or is there some other way to have it use the TNS names installed on the client and have that take care if it? Thanks. of cource you there is!!! 2.3.3 Formulating a Database URL After you've loaded the driver, you can establish a connection using the DriverManager.getConnection( ) method. This method is overloaded and therefore has various forms. However, each form requires a database URL. A database URL is an address that points to your database. Formulating a database URL is where most of the problems associated with establishing a connection occur. For Oracle, the database URL has the following general form: jdbc:oracle:driver:@database database ::= {host:port:sid | net_service_name | connect_descriptor} which breaks down as: driver Specifies the type of JDBC driver to use for the connection. The following choices are available: oci7 For the Oracle 7.3.4 OCI driver oci8 For an Oracle 8.x.x OCI driver oci For an Oracle 9.x.x OCI driver thin For the Oracle Thin driver...

After installation of Oracle 9.2. The Login in Oracle Management Server creates the error: VTK-1000
Hello, I can't local login in Oracle Management Server after installation of Oracle 9.2. Where I can look the right name and status the Oracle Management Server? My Database ----------- Host-Name: PRG1 Port-Number: 1521 SID: TEST Net Service Name: TEST.PZCS.LOCAL TNS-Descriptor: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=prg1)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=test))) Silly question maybe: You did verify whether the Oracle Management Service is actually running? --- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA Hello, how I can detect, whether the Oracle Management running? I use W2k. My Oracle Services --- OracleMTSRecoveryService OracleOraHome92Agent OracleOraHome92ClientCache OracleOraHome92HTTPServer OracleOraHome92PagingServer OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerEncapsulator OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerMasterAgent OracleOraHome92TNSListener OracleServiceTEST Best Regards Wolfram Hubert wolfram.hubert@web.de wrote: >Hello, > >how I can detect, whether the Oracle Management running? I use W2k. > >My Oracle Services >--- >OracleMTSRecoveryService >OracleOraHome92Agent >OracleOraHome92ClientCache >OracleOraHome92HTTPServer >OracleOraHome92PagingServer >OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerEncapsulator >OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerMasterAgent >OracleOraHome92TNSListener >OracleServiceTEST > >Best Regards > >Wolfram Hubert Is there a OMS set up and are you entering the correct connection info for it ( it IS NOT...

Restoring Oracle 9.0.1 database from original files (server was rebuilt)
Here's my issue ... our database server was rebuilt but all the original files were backed up before the server was rebuilt. The server was shutdown correctly so I'm not worried about a bad shutdown but I've never done this before. It's on a Windows2000 box. I've reconfigured the server to the same way it was before, but I'm unsure which files and I should exclude and/or include to get the box running the way it was before. Can anyone point me in the right direction to an article that outlines how to do this? I'm more a developer than DBA, but I set up the original box and it ran great. Thanks, Joe On Mar 5, 7:01 pm, sandoval....@gmail.com wrote: > Here's my issue ... our database server was rebuilt but all the > original files were backed up before the server was rebuilt. The > server was shutdown correctly so I'm not worried about a bad shutdown > but I've never done this before. It's on a Windows2000 box. I've > reconfigured the server to the same way it was before, but I'm unsure > which files and I should exclude and/or include to get the box running > the way it was before. > > Can anyone point me in the right direction to an article that outlines > how to do this? I'm more a developer than DBA, but I set up the > original box and it ran great. > > Thanks, > Joe Define 'all the original files'. If these include your controlfiles you should be set, and ...

massive performance drop Oracle 9i on multi processor system (Windows Server 2003, Oracle 9i, 9.2.0.6.0)
The performance of some complex PL/SQL functions has dropped dramatically since migrating from Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.0) on Windows Server 2000 to 9i (9.2.0.6.0) on Windows Server 2003. We found out, that Oracle 9i performance on a multi processor CPU machine (our server has 4 XEON CPUs, Hyperthreading is disabled in BIOS) is highly dependent on init.ora parameters; unfortunately our trial and error approach to find the proper settings (we searched Oracle Tech Net (OTN) and google groups without success) did not help so far. We are testing performance behaviour with some business critical PL/SQL procedures that do authorization calculations for our application. Simplified these functions do a lot of inserts, deletes and selects in/from tables (being used as temp tables in lack of in memory temp table support of oracle 9i). We can monitor the progress within the stored procedure by using UTL_FILE functions to write a log file into the file system of the server; we real time monitor the log file using "tail -f". <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); <PL/SQL do something> UnbufferedLogFileOutputUsingUTL_FILE(); [...] When setting "CPU_COUNT = 1" in init.ora the function will typically run up to 10 seconds, when setting "CPU_COUNT = 4" it will take more than 2 minutes (!!!) We experimented with the following other parameters so far: db_writer_processes (set to 4 in combination with cpu_count = 4) fast_start_parall...

from oracle 9.2.04 to oracle 9.2.05
i'm a newbie, i'd like to guess if anybody knows how can I upgrade my oracle 9.2.04 to 9.2.05. My java_pool_size, shared_pool_size are under 150 MB. How can I set this value? Bye and thx a lot. jakko1982 wrote: > i'm a newbie, i'd like to guess if anybody knows how can I upgrade my > oracle 9.2.04 to 9.2.05. > My java_pool_size, shared_pool_size are under 150 MB. How can I set > this value? > > Bye and thx a lot. 1) Goto http://metalink.oracle.com and download the 9.2.0.5 patchset. You can also goto 9.2.0.6. Patch installation documentation comes with it. Make sure you review the documentation before applying the patchset. 2) Goto http://tahiti.oracle.com and review the "Initialization Parameter" section. If you are using spfile (Server Parameter File) then you can change these parameters online. Search for "spfile" keyword and goto "Administrator's Guide". If you are not using spfile then you need to locate the database init.ora file, modify the parameter values and bounce the database. Regards /Rauf sorry, but I use Spfile. I've searched Spfile keyword and I read the administrator's guide. and now? sorry but Im a newbye jakko1982 wrote: > sorry, but I use Spfile. I've searched Spfile keyword and I read the > administrator's guide. > > and now? sorry but Im a newbye Did you read under heading "Managing Initialization Parameters Using a Server Parameter File"...

Oracle(r) Database 10g Release 2 Outperforms Microsoft SQL Server 2005 in Head-to-Head Comparison
Third Party Study Proves Oracle Database Can Deliver Substantial Savings Over Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Read Full Detail at http://technology-post.com/tech/?p=516 ...

Oracle server Upgrade from 9.0 to 9.2 on Windows 2003
Hi All, I am trying to upgrade an Oracle server running 9.0 on Win 2003. I do not want to keep 2 Oracle Homes for 9.0 and 9.2. I would rather uninstall 9.0 using oui. I will import the data from production database from export files. What will be my best (easy, hassle free) course of action: 1. Shutdown the current 9.0 instance 2. Drop the current 9.0 db 3. Uninstall the current 9.0 executibls using oui 4. Install the 9.2 executibles 5. Create new db instance 6. Import the data from export files Is this a good idea? Or should I have 2 Oracle Homes by installing 9.2 and upgrade the 9.0 db using dbua? Only problem is I cant find the dbua in the current 9.0 setup. Your advice / experience / feedback will really appreciated. Thanx in advance. Personally, I'd install 9.2 in a second Oracle Home and then upgrade the database. Once it is all done, feel free to remove the 9.0 software in that home. You'll use the DBUA in the 9.2 home, not the 9.0 one! HTH, Brian Wade Chy wrote: > > Hi All, > I am trying to upgrade an Oracle server running 9.0 on Win 2003. I do > not want to keep 2 Oracle Homes for 9.0 and 9.2. I would rather > uninstall 9.0 using oui. I will import the data from production > database from export files. What will be my best (easy, hassle free) > course of action: > > 1. Shutdown the current 9.0 instance > 2. Drop the current 9.0 db > 3. Uninstall the current 9.0 executibls using oui > 4. Install the 9.2 executibles &...

tcl database connection for Oracle MySQL PostgreSQL Sybase "Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine" DB2 Interbase/Firebird SQLite Microsoft Access
Hello everyone, There are many people that are looking for/missing the support for their database within TCL. Somehow this was overlooked: http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/index.html It has native TCL API and supports most popular databases. One problem: It doesn't have production ready support on Windows, but for the lucky people who use Linux/Unix, it seems to be an excellent solution, while TDBC is being developed. One small correction, the TCL part of the db connection will work just fine on Windows connecting to sqlrelay running on Linux/Unix (which, in turn, can connect to the database running on Windows :) ). What doesn't have production ready support (according to developers) is sqlrelay running on Windows. ...

Web resources about - Oracle database Server 9.2 fails to start when Windoes 2000 Pro machine rebooted - comp.databases.oracle.server