Oracle database works properly but from designers tools I can't connect to database

I've installed Oracle 10G on my computer. I can log in using system
account. by plsql. I've installed designer and tried to log from
designers plsql to the same databse also using sys account - I could
not't, I got ora-1017 error. What I'm doing wrong, why plsql from
database installation connects me and one from designer installation
disallow me from connecting ? I need databse just to run designer for
entity and processes diagrams. I need Barkers notation so I can only
use Oracle Designer because it's the only tool with Barkers notation.

Hope to get some help from You,
Jacek

On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 13:10:05 -0800, Jacek Maria Jackowski wrote:

> I've installed Oracle 10G on my computer. I can log in using system
> account. by plsql. I've installed designer and tried to log from
> designers plsql to the same databse also using sys account - I could
> not't, I got ora-1017 error. What I'm doing wrong, why plsql from
> database installation connects me and one from designer installation
> disallow me from connecting ? I need databse just to run designer for
> entity and processes diagrams. I need Barkers notation so I can only use
> Oracle Designer because it's the only tool with Barkers notation.
>
> Hope to get some help from You,
> Jacek

[oracle@oracle16 ~]$ oerr ora 1017
01017, 00000, "invalid username/password; logon denied"
// *Cause:
// *Action:
[oracle@oracle16 ~]$

Have you tried using the right password?

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com
0
Jacek Maria Jackowski schreef:
> Yes I was using hte right password

What do you exactly mean by Logging in from Designer with a sys account?
When you install Designer, you create a repository in a repository owner
schema. As the owner, you can grant other users to use the designer
repository. Use such a user to work with Designer. You may not be able
to use SYS though, for SYS can only connect as SYSDBA or SYSOPER, and I
don't think Designer offers those options.

Shakespeare
0
whatsin (688)
12/7/2008 7:49:34 PM
Jacek Maria Jackowski schreef:
> I've installed Oracle 10G on my computer. I can log in using system
> account. by plsql. I've installed designer and tried to log from
> designers plsql to the same databse also using sys account - I could
> not't, I got ora-1017 error. What I'm doing wrong, why plsql from
> database installation connects me and one from designer installation
> disallow me from connecting ? I need databse just to run designer for
> entity and processes diagrams. I need Barkers notation so I can only
> use Oracle Designer because it's the only tool with Barkers notation.
>
> Hope to get some help from You,
> Jacek

There is a tool called SmartDraw, (see www.smartdraw.com) and it
supports Barker's as well. I'm not in any way involved in this company,
so it's no advice, just a remark.

Shakespeare
0
whatsin (688)

Can't get JDBC to work on an Oracle 9i database
I'm trying to use JDBC to access an Oracle 9.2 database residing on a Unix system. I'm running Java 1.4.1.2 on OpenVMS 7.3-1. I've downloaded ojdbc14.jar, set the RFM to Stream_LF, and have pointed the JAVA$CLASSPATH logical to it. I'm attempting to register the driver in my code with this line: DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver()); but it fails to compile: $ javac workforce.java Workforce.java:10: package oracle.jdbc.driver does not exist ^ 1 error What am I missing...

Establishing connection from Oracle Database to DB2 database
Hi, Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on the same. Waiting for reply. Its critical umeshchoudhary@gmail.com (U C) wrote in news:d06590c8.0504252348.71a5c6f8@posting.google.com: > Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database > oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on > the same. > > Waiting for reply. Its critical > use PERL between the two DBs. >Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database >oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on >the same. >Waiting for reply. Its critical http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:4406709207206#18830681837358 I have used this to example to connect to DB2. chet ...

Can you import an Oracle 10G database into a 9I database
Good afternoon, I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? Thanks, Chris Boerman cboerman@comcast.net schreef: > Good afternoon, > > I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into > an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? > > Thanks, > Chris Boerman > Of course. It's called downgrading. Or, if you do not want to downgrade, only if you're: 1) skillful 2) lucky You must be lucky, or I would not be answering this. Ever read the "New Features since 9i" chapters on 10G? Why do you think these are called "new"? So, export, using the 9i tool - if you're lucky, that works. Import, using the 9i tool - if you're lucky, that works. -- Regards, Frank van Bortel Top-posting is one way to shut me up... On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:27:32 +0200, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel@gmail.com> wrote: >cboerman@comcast.net schreef: >> Good afternoon, >> >> I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into >> an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? >> >> Thanks, >> Chris Boerman >> > >Of course. It's called downgrading. > >Or, if you do not want to downgrade, only if you're: >1) skillful >2) lucky > >You must be lucky, or I would not be answering this. >Ever read the "New Features since 9i"...

database layouts won't print, now database won't open
using Mac OS 10.3.4, filemaker pro 7. working with a database converted from filemaker 3. Everything seemed to be fine. Created a new table and imported data into that from another Filemaker 3 database (someone else created these). Layouts were created very easilly. I go to print a layout (label) and choose ALL and it will only print one record, no matter what I put in the print dialogue box. Open other databases and they all printed fine in similar layouts. Tried to "recover' it, thinking it was somehow corrupted (the woman was having a hard time printing it. I thought it was...

Can't database files of Oracle 9i be set up on raw volume device?
The Oracle 9i installer displayed it can't be written when I set up database files on /dev/md/rdsk/d1 or /dev/md/dsk/d1. $ showrev Hostname: sun01 Hostid: 83f6d985 Release: 5.9 Kernel architecture: sun4u Application architecture: sparc Hardware provider: Sun_Microsystems Domain: amkor.com.cn Kernel version: SunOS 5.9 Generic 117171-07 Jun 2004 how to fix the issue? Thanks. "newbie" <cd@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e1kdip$lqo$1@news.yaako.com... > The Oracle 9i installer displayed it can't be written when I set up > database > files on /dev/md/r...

What's a quick simple way to test Oracle connectivity between client and database server?
Gurus, Just learning Oracle. With help from a guru, installed 10g database on one server and 10g client on another. What's a quick simple way to test Oracle connectivity between these two servers at this point? -- Spin On Nov 1, 11:53=A0pm, "Spin" <S...@invalid.com> wrote: > Gurus, > > Just learning Oracle. =A0With help from a guru, installed 10g database on= one > server and 10g client on another. =A0What's a quick simple way to test Or= acle > connectivity between these two servers at this point? > > -- > Spin Try the tnsping utility: tnsping service_name The utility sends a message to listener specified by the tnsnames.ora file entry for the service_name listed on the command line and responds with ping type information. HTH -- Mark D Powell -- "Mark D Powell" <Mark.Powell@eds.com> wrote in message news:ce947e1a-0877-4e46-a638-91d48e92e403@u29g2000pro.googlegroups.com... On Nov 1, 11:53 pm, "Spin" <S...@invalid.com> wrote: Try the tnsping utility: tnsping service_name The utility sends a message to listener specified by the tnsnames.ora file entry for the service_name listed on the command line and responds with ping type information. HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Is service_name a placeholder for something or do I literally type "service_name"? Spin says... > "Mark D Powell" <Mark.Powell@eds.com> wrote in ...

Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle
Hi, I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle. - Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file? - In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert , insert ...), so you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql <file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there is a infdump direcorty) - Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a database from infomix to oracle? Best Regards Sven Anders, Digitec GmbH Sven Anders wrote: > Hi, > I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, > but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle. > > - Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file? > > - In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole > database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert , > insert ...), so > you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql > <file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there > is a > infdump direcorty) dbexport > - Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a database from > infomix to oracle? dbexport? -- Ciao, The Obnoxious One "Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi ...

Add database to existing oracle database
Hi experts, I am new in oracle.I migrated one database from ms-access to oracle 9i using oracle migration utility on my local machine.But now i need to add this oracle database from my local machine to existing main database oracle 8i on main server.Pls. tell how i can add this database from my machine to main server. I think i can use export/import utility.But i never used this utility before, pls. tell what should i need to do.And if export/import is good way to migrate database pls. explain me in steps. I'll really appreciate your kind help. Pls. reply me soon, it's urgent!!! Thanks..so much Sonika "sonika" <sonika_sehrawat@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:709618ea.0409281225.1a09da58@posting.google.com... > Hi experts, > > I am new in oracle.I migrated one database from ms-access to oracle 9i > using oracle migration utility on my local machine.But now i need to > add this oracle database from my local machine to existing main > database oracle 8i on main server.Pls. tell how i can add this > database from my machine to main server. > I think i can use export/import utility.But i never used this utility > before, pls. tell what should i need to do.And if export/import is > good way to migrate database pls. explain me in steps. > > I'll really appreciate your kind help. > Pls. reply me soon, it's urgent!!! > > Thanks..so much > Sonika You are missing a lot of letters in your typing. You m...

SN#12788 Java[TM] DataBase Connectivity API Features in Oracle 10g Database
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 74 Issue 2 2004-04-12 Article 12788 from section "Developer's Section" Tutorial on Concepts and Usage The Oracle Technology Network provides a tutorial that outlines the features of Java[TM] DataBase Connectivity (JDBC[TM]) technology in relation to the new enhancements that they bring to the Oracle 10g database. The tutorial evaluates Web RowSets, Connection Cache, and Named Parameters, IEEE datatypes -- BINARY_DOUBLE and BINARY_FLOAT, and PL/SQL Index-by Tables. Each section in the tutorial covers topics such as concepts, design, required software, setup and application usage. Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/74/2/opt-dev/?12788#12788 Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you via email each week in PDF, text or HTML. Only the sections that you select will be included in your copy of the news magazine. Subscribe at http://sun.systemnews.com/subscribe (c) 2004 System News, Inc. http://www.systemnews.com ...

Using the DBI to connect to an Oracle server w/o connecting to a database
I've searched for the answer to this problem and have not seen it (which suggests what the answer might be ;-) ). Is it possible to use DBI (and DBD::Oracle) to connect to an Oracle server without connecting to a database? This would be the DBI equivalent of: sqlplus /nolog SQL> connect user/passwd@database; or, more similarly: sqlplus /nolog @my.sql where my.sql might be: connect user/passwd@database; select ... etc. I'm thinking this is not possible, but I hope it is. Thanks. Quoth Tim <google@hoodfamily.org>: > I've searched for the answer to this problem and...

Urgent:How can I connect to Oracle database?
Hi, all, I know how to connec to ODBC database (SQL server), the codes are as follows: /*************************************************/ proc sql; connect to odbc (password=*** userid=*** dsn=); select * from connection to odbc (select * from XXX); /**XXX is a table name in SQL server, usually, it will be like the dbo.tablename;**/ quit; /***********************************************/ But now I have to retrieve data from Oracle database. I tried to use the following codes: /**********************************************/ proc sql; connect to oracle (password=*** userid=*** path='PPPP...

Can't not connect to database!!!
db2 => connect to ksdbs (... ... about 10min,then report following:) SQL1224N A database agent could not be started to service a request, or was terminated as a result of a database system shutdown or a force command. SQLSTATE=55032 OS: Linux advanced server V3 DB2: V8.1 MAXAGENTS=200 CPU=80% when connecting How can I do? thanks. In article <c6lhl6$v0a$1@mail.cn99.com>, Hunter (navyblue88@163.com) says... > db2 => connect to ksdbs > > (... ... about 10min,then report following:) > > SQL1224N A database agent could not be started to...

Can't connect to database using 'sqlplus <username>/<password>', even when ORACLE_SID is set.

Hello, I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? So, what is the correct syntax ? Thanks for your help Cyril "Cyril" <jewelk@free.fr> wrote in message news:cd38c3d6.0408100617.6f7b9f3e@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. > > Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? > So, what is the correct syntax ? > > > Thanks for your help > &...

Connectivity Between two saperate Database (oracle 8 and oracle 9i)
Dear Sir, We Would like to migrate to oracle 9i from oracle 8. Presently We are on oracle 8 (live) . Can anyone suggest a way by which we can phase out the migration process. We intend to migrate User-wise. We have aprx 10 live users.(e.g. finance, payroll, production etc..). My problem is inter-connectivity between diff. users. like 'Payroll' select/update rows in 'Finance'. If I migrate Finance from oracle 8 to Oracle 9i How to ensure that these select/update does not fail. Kishan Thakker kishanthakker@gmail.com wrote: > Dear Sir, > > We Would like to migrate to oracle 9i from oracle 8. Presently We are > on oracle 8 (live) . Can anyone suggest a way by which we can phase out > the migration process. We intend to migrate User-wise. We have aprx 10 > live users.(e.g. finance, payroll, production etc..). My problem is > inter-connectivity between diff. users. like 'Payroll' select/update > rows in 'Finance'. If I migrate Finance from oracle 8 to Oracle 9i How > to ensure that these select/update does not fail. > > Kishan Thakker How much data? Which version of 9i? Which version of 8? How much downtime is possible? -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org ...

install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll' for module DBD::Oracle: load_file:The specified procedure could not be found at C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 2
hello i have a strange problem with DBI module. has anyone any clue about what is wrong here? my connection string: --------------------- use DBI; use DBD::ODBC; use DBI qw(:sql_types); use strict; use warnings; my $db = "something"; my $user = 'XXX'; my $passwd = 'XXX'; my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:Oracle:XXX', $user,$passwd, {RaiseError => 1, AutoCommit => 0}) or die $DBI::errstr; ################# This gives the foll...

can't connect to database with client
Hello, I'm new to db2. I have Informix database on AIX and ODBC application on Windows. I'm trying to connect to Informix database using odbc client - I've downloaded and installed v9.5fp3_nt32_dsdriver_EN.exe (server side already configured). When adding new DSN with odbcad32 I'm executing following steps: select driver "IBM DB2 ODBC DRIVER" then filling Data source name, then database alias. Here is the issue: the list of aliases is empty and I can't add anything under "Add" option (it seems that it is for different purposes). Odbc doesn't work which is obvious as I have no place to give database or remote host name. After googling much I've found that I need to create a DB2 instance (probably) with db2icrt tool. There is no such a tool within v9.5fp3_nt32_dsdriver_EN.exe package. How to configure ODBC client correctly? Robert wrote: > Hello, > I'm new to db2. I have Informix database on AIX and ODBC application > on Windows. I'm trying to connect to Informix database using odbc > client - I've downloaded and installed v9.5fp3_nt32_dsdriver_EN.exe > (server side already configured). > When adding new DSN with odbcad32 I'm executing following steps: > select driver "IBM DB2 ODBC DRIVER" then filling Data source name, > then database alias. > Here is the issue: the list of aliases is empty and I can't add > anything under "Add" opti...

Web resources about - Oracle database works properly but from designers tools I can't connect to database - comp.databases.oracle.server

Designer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Classically, the main areas of design were only painting , sculpture and architecture , which were understood as the major arts. The design of ...

Web Designer Wall – Design Trends and Tutorials
Web Designer Wall is a blog designed and maintained by Nick La. Topics focus on web design, tutorials, and modern design trends.

Perth fashion designer Kate Watts' tragic story behind label 'Only One Ashley'
Perth designer Kate Watts' newly launched label 'Only One Ashley,' portrays a successful, elegant woman full of confidence.

'What an honour,' designer Lucian Matis says of Sophie Gregoire Trudeau dress - Lifestyle from CTV News ...
Toronto-based fashion designer Lucian Matis said he had no idea that Sophie Gregoire Trudeau had chosen one of his dresses until he started to ...

Ex-CIA director: Apple ‘generally in the right’ on encryption, FBI not ‘very good telephone designers’ ...
Speaking with CNBC’s Squawk Box , former CIA director James Woolsey gave his personal thoughts on the FBI’s request to have Apple unlock an iPhone ...

Lithuanian Designer Launches Standing App For His Funky Table
In 2014 Lukas Lukoševičius, UI/UX designer, spent a lot of time sitting in front of a computer at the office. His back started to hurt and his ...

Sir Ken Adam, James Bond production designer, dies aged 95
The production designer Sir Ken Adam, famous for his set designs for the James Bond films, has died at the age of 95.

Notchless Tape Dispenser — "Designer adhesive scotch tape cutter"
From the website: •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• Don't you just hate those zigzag lines you get when cut tape? [I do, so much so that I never ...

Here's what Jony Ive looks for when hiring Apple designers
Apple design head Jony Ive gave a bit of advice to designers who would like to work at Apple during an interview with Charlie Rose . When asked ...

​Oscar-winning production designer Ken Adam dies at 95
Berlin-born artist created cavernous War Room for "Dr. Strangelove" and futuristic lairs for James Bond supervillains